UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2022, 10:50 AM   #2376
Connor
Flashbacker

Birthday egg!
Old 08-06-2022, 08:11 PM   #2377
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
You're momentarily stunned as you walk in through the doors. This is the Hatchery, right, not some indoor garden? No, no, you have the right place, but seeing a random Exeggutor lumbering your way, I can see how that might catch one off guard. Indeed, the Exeggutor approaches you, all three heads smiling, and with a jovial cry of "Exeggutor!" declared in unison by all three heads, your arboreal greeter begins walking towards the back room. Not the welcome you likely expected, but it seems welcoming enough all the same, and besides that, you have an Egg that's due to hatch momentarily, so, well, you might as well!

Once in the back room, Exeggutor lumbers over to the green-haired woman who seems to be likewise waiting for you, for she nods in acknowledgement of your arrival. "Thank you, Exeggutor," she says to her Pokémon.

"Tor!" her Exeggutor smiles in response- all three heads in unison, again.

The woman gives a small yet definite smile in return before approaching you. "Ah," she says, examining the Egg, as Hatchery staff converge upon you, taking the Egg into their capable hands. "Why these sorts are as quick to hatch as they are, I can't say. But as long as what hatches is happy and healthy, that is all a Trainer could ask for, non?" she says.

And quick to hatch is right! Mere moments later, the pulsing glow your Egg has been emitting, having gotten more and more bright until you could no longer safely look directly at it, was gone abruptly. As was the Egg, for that matter. In its place stands something decidedly fluffier. Willa Masters joins the regular staff members in examining the newborn, and it doesn't take long for them to confirm that all is well. Finally, they step aside, allowing you to meet and greet your newest friend properly for the first time.

Connor: Mareep♀ hatched from the Egg!
  • It also knows the Egg move Electric Terrain! Watt-ch your step!
  • It also knows the Egg move After You! No, after you, I insist!
Old 08-07-2022, 08:44 PM   #2378
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Dropping off @85 FC: Reward Enigma Egg

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 08-07-2022, 09:32 PM   #2379
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Missingno. Master: You have hatched a male Fizzytopian Trubbish with EM Tearful Look!
It was a beautiful summer day in Fizzytopia, and the Masterses were out and about, enjoying themselves. This time, instead of a trip to the beach, they were instead in a very much populated area- there was a fair going on in Springreen Town, and the family was in unanimous agreement that they would go and check it out for themselves.

"Ah, man, this was awesome," Keith grinned, walking with his family down the town's main street. "Seeing you two duking it out in the finals like that was something to behold."

"It was certainly an enjoyable spectacle from my perspective as well," Willa Masters responded, with a small yet proud smile directed to her daughter. "I certainly made the right call entrusting Trevenant to you."

"Thanks, Mom, but you still didn't make it easy for us," Maribel smiled back. "You and Exeggutor fought really hard!"

"They certainly did," Keith chuckled. "And not just in the finals, either- James is gonna be feeling that last Psyshock for a while."

"Dad, you said you won this the last time you were here, right?" Maribel asked.

"I certainly did," Keith confirmed. "It was Aria against Ralph's Sceptile- well, it was still a Grovyle back then. And she actually evolved from Roselia just before the battle in preparation, and she was awesome. But yeah- they changed a few things around here since then. Last time the tournament was sometime in January, and also there wasn't a whole fair to go along with it," he chuckled. "Not that I'm complaining about it being a thing now," he added, before taking a bite of something on a stick that looked to be deep fried and wrapped in bacon."

"Mmm, you said it, Dad," agreed Maribel, having just swallowed a bite of the same thing she had gotten for herself. "The Grass-type tournament was a lot of fun, the food is delicious, and even some of the games have been a lot of fun, too!"

As if on cue, a voice called out. "Step right up! Step right up! Only ₽500 for your big chance to win the prize of a lifetime!" Curious, the Masterses headed over to the stall the voice was coming from, to see a man running some sort of dart-throwing game. "Ah, such a lovely family I see," he grinned. "Step right up and take a look at these Pokémon!" As he spoke, he gestured to several shelves of clear plastic bags, each one containing a particularly diminutive Magikarp. "Have you ever seen such healthy Pokémon as these? The king of carp- Magikarp!"

"...Magikarp," Keith repeated.

"Ohoho, indeed, yes," nodded the man. "And just between you and me, these Magikarp are like Pokémon gold mines! Normally I just sell them, but for today's fair I decided to make this into something more fun!"

"Ahem," came a voice as Maribel's Rotom Phone shot right up out of her bag. "Magikarp, the Fish Pokémon. A Water-type. Magikarp is completely pathetic in terms of both speed and power and is widely considered the most worthless Pokémon in the world."

The man grimaced at Rotom's harsh yet correct description. "Ehhh," he groaned feebly.

Maribel tilted her head. "...Magikarp evolve into Gyarados, though, don't they?" she piped up. "So raising one is actually really worthwhile."

"Eh- yes, yes, of course! See, the little girl gets it!" the Magikarp salesman exclaimed, recovering at once, latching onto this train of thought like a Shellder latches onto a Slowpoke. "Very smart and perceptive, I like that a lot! Clearly takes after her parents in that regard, am I wrong?" he added with a winning grin at Keith and Willa.

"...where are you going with this?" Willa asked bluntly.

"Ah, yes, yes, forgive me for taking so long to get to the point," nodded the Magikarp salesman. "You see the balloons on this wheel, yes?" He gestured to the wheel to his right, which indeed had ten inflated balloons affixed to it. The wheel was also gently rotating clockwise. "Pop at least five of these balloons to win your very own Magikarp! Pop all ten for a secret grand prize! ₽500 gets you ten darts. Try your luck!" he challenged them.

"I want to try!" Maribel piped up at once. "I wanna win a Magikarp!" As she spoke, she produced the necessary funds and handed them over. The Magikarp salesman procured a box containing ten darts and handed it over, but as Maribel threw them, she found that the wheel began to spin faster and faster. Unseen by anyone, the Magikarp salesman was standing on a discreetly hidden button that quickened the speed of the wheel. She tried as best she could, but Maribel could only pop four balloons.

"Ahhh, too bad, too bad," the Magikarp salesman said as the wheel returned to its normal speed. "Perhaps next time."

"Aw," Maribel sighed. She looked into her wallet, only to find that she had spent her last ₽500 for this.

Keith looked at Maribel, hating to see his daughter so disappointed. After a moment, he stepped forward and slapped down ₽500 on the counter. "I'll give it a try now," he stated.

"Keith," began Willa.

"It's OK," Keith said quietly. "We won't spend all day here, but I want to at least try my luck at this for Maribel."

At this, Maribel wrapped her arms around Keith. "Thanks, Dad," she smiled.

Keith smiled, hugging his daughter back. "Don't thank me yet, I haven't won yet," he chuckled.

"Well, still, thanks for at least trying for me," Maribel insisted. And Keith, knowing full well that his girl had inherited the Masters family stubbornness, did not attempt to argue the point.

Once the hug had broken apart, Keith was presented with the same ten darts, and the Magikarp salesman had replaced the popped balloons. And just as expected, once Keith was cleared to start throwing the darts, the wheel spun around faster and faster. Taking a deep breath, Keith focused and concentrated... timed it correctly... and let his first dart fly!

*POP*

"Yes!" Maribel exclaimed- the sound of the balloon popping on the very first dart was seriously encouraging, considering she didn't pop any until her third dart thrown.

Keith's wife and daughter looked on, visibly impressed as Keith patiently and steadily threw dart after dart, each one popping a balloon. The Magikarp salesman, in contrast, was looking more and more agitated. And finally, Keith threw his tenth and final dart at the balloon in the center- he had saved that one for last because it looked to be the easiest- and nailed it. The wheel slowed back down as the Magikarp salesman stepped off the button, and all could see that all ten balloons were well and truly popped.

"...congratulations, sir!" the Magikarp salesman exclaimed exuberantly, desperately hoping he was succeeding in masking his dismay. "All ten balloons popped, what a feat! You, sir, have won the great and glorious secret grand prize!" As he said this, he reached below the counter, for something the Masterses could not see. However, his eyes bulged and he recoiled at once. "Eugh!" he exclaimed. "What- I mean, uh," he stammered, realizing his intended marks were still there. "Uh... yeeees, yes, your, uh, secret grand prize is, uh, this!" he declared, gingerly picking up a large plastic bag and plopping it down on the counter, before taking a step back, clearly uncertain what to make of this thing.

The bag contained water and what appeared to be the skeletal remains of a diminutive Magikarp. And more to the point, the bag had a face that was looking up at Keith. "Trubb fish?" it gurgled inquisitively.

Keith, in stark contrast, was regarding the creature in wide-eyed awe. "I never thought I'd see one of these!" he breathed. "It's a Trubbfish- a species of Pokémon recently discovered right here in the Fizzytopia region!" As he spoke, he produced his Pokédex and opened it up, pointing it at the unusual creature.

"Trubbfish, the Forgotten Prize Pokémon. A Water and Ghost-type," droned the device. "Trubbfish was born from a deceased carnival prize fish Pokémon left behind in a plastic bag. It wanders aimlessly, intent on returning its fishy friend to the ocean."

"Whoa," Maribel murmured. "It looks a little like a Trubbish, doesn't it?" she asked.

"Yeah, I've heard it's somewhat related to the Trubbish species," Keith nodded. "Heya, Trubbfish," he said.

"Fiiiiish!" gurgled Trubbfish, wrapping its watery arms around Keith for a distinctly wet hug.

"Hah," Keith chuckled, gently hugging the Trubbfish back. "Honestly, considering how hot today is, that felt kinda good. Do you got a Poké Ball for this?" he asked the Magikarp salesman.

"Uh... yes, of course I do," the Magikarp salesman replied, still sounding a bit thrown off by all this. He produced a Premier Ball from his pocket and handed it over to Keith. He accepted it, but as he made to hand it to Maribel, Trubbfish shook his head and gestured to Keith.

"...Oh, you want to go with me?" Keith said. "But I won you for my daughter-"

"Trubb fish!" Trubbfish said insistently with a smile.

At this, Keith's Pokédex piped up again. "Once a Trainer has won a carnival game with a Trubbfish in the vicinity, the Trubbfish bonds with that Trainer for life."

"Oh, wow, so you really should take it, Dad," nodded Maribel. "I'm so grateful you tried to win me a Magikarp, but I couldn't separate you from this little guy."

A small smile spread across Keith's face. "Well, it's hard to argue with that," he conceded. "All you need now is a nickname, little guy. How about... Rotenone?"

"Trubb! Fish!" Trubbfish gurgled happily in response, before jumping up and ramming the Premier Ball, which sucked him inside at once, rocking back and forth in Keith's hand before falling still.

"...Well, I'm off on my break I don't give refunds OK bye!" the Magikarp salesman said very fast before running away even faster, clearly uncertain what to make of what just happened.

"...Shall we continue onward?" Willa inquired. "Even if he does come back, I don't think we should give that man so much as a single Pokédollar more."

"Yeah, I'm gonna agree with that, dear," Keith nodded. "Let's see what else we can do around here while it's still light out." And so, the Masters family continued to explore the fair, to see what all else they could do. And a fun day was had by all involved.

OOC: Hoooooly craaaaap, I was so not expecting this! Claiming my new Trubbfish in this Premier Ball, naming him Rotenone, and declaring his Ability to be Water Absorb.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:43 PM   #2380
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
Also, trading a breeding slot for a Modern Flying egg.
Whoops! Completely forgot about this. Hatching please!
Old 08-11-2022, 11:33 PM   #2381
Sneaze
Mrow?

myahoo: You have hatched a male Rowlet with EMs Double Team and Ominous Wind!

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 08-13-2022, 12:13 AM   #2382
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
myahoo: You have hatched a male Rowlet with EMs Double Team and Ominous Wind!
Picking up my archer bird in a Pokeball. Thank you!
Old 08-14-2022, 12:25 AM   #2383
AKWillbe
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
AKWillbe: You have hatched a male Pawniard with EM Mean Look!
Picking up and popping into pokeball, ( 3 of 5 )
Old 08-14-2022, 12:53 PM   #2384
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

I would like to belatedly hatch this Type Egg: Dragon I got on my birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13 View Post
Swinging around to pick up my Trainer Birthday prezzies a day late...
<snip>
x1 Type Egg: Dragon.
Old 08-14-2022, 03:53 PM   #2385
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13 View Post
I would like to belatedly hatch this Type Egg: Dragon I got on my birthday
As you enter the Hatchery, the first thing you're likely to notice is the Morgrem, as indeed, the Morgrem notices you right away. Not to mention, the Morgrem is huge, easily twice the usual size for the species. Wariness would be natural in this situation, but the Morgrem approaches you with a look that's somehow reassuring. Indeed, it means you no harm, and upon seeing the state of the Egg you've brought, it urges you to follow as it leads the way into a back room.

You follow the Morgrem, knowing that this must be the way to go, and indeed, once you get to the room, members of the Hatchery staff are upon you, gently taking hold of the Egg, examining it, and nodding, apparently satisfied with what they figured out. The Morgrem, meanwhile, is now standing beside a young green-haired girl dressed mainly in black, save for her cowboy hat, which has a Key Stone set into it. She smiles as she approaches you. "It's surprising that your Egg is already ready to hatch," she remarks. "Usually I've only seen that with Birthday Eggs."

"Grem," shrugged Morgrem.

"Oh- speaking of which," the girl added, turning her attention to the Egg, just as the Hatchery staff backed away, giving perhaps more room than usual. Did they know something? Perhaps they did, because once the intense glow faded, something considerably larger than the Egg was now standing in its place. Maribel Masters looked fascinated by the Pokémon, and joined members of Hatchery staff in examining it once more. And like with last time, it seemed nothing wrong could be found, for they all backed away with smiles, inviting you to meet your newest Pokémon.

ChrisClark13: Turtonator♂ hatched from the Egg!
  • It also knows the Egg move Head Smash! Hardheaded right out of the Egg, I see!
  • It also knows the Egg move Revenge! Truly a move best served cold.
Old 08-14-2022, 04:00 PM   #2386
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
As you enter the Hatchery, the first thing you're likely to notice is the Morgrem, as indeed, the Morgrem notices you right away. Not to mention, the Morgrem is huge, easily twice the usual size for the species. Wariness would be natural in this situation, but the Morgrem approaches you with a look that's somehow reassuring. Indeed, it means you no harm, and upon seeing the state of the Egg you've brought, it urges you to follow as it leads the way into a back room.

You follow the Morgrem, knowing that this must be the way to go, and indeed, once you get to the room, members of the Hatchery staff are upon you, gently taking hold of the Egg, examining it, and nodding, apparently satisfied with what they figured out. The Morgrem, meanwhile, is now standing beside a young green-haired girl dressed mainly in black, save for her cowboy hat, which has a Key Stone set into it. She smiles as she approaches you. "It's surprising that your Egg is already ready to hatch," she remarks. "Usually I've only seen that with Birthday Eggs."

"Grem," shrugged Morgrem.

"Oh- speaking of which," the girl added, turning her attention to the Egg, just as the Hatchery staff backed away, giving perhaps more room than usual. Did they know something? Perhaps they did, because once the intense glow faded, something considerably larger than the Egg was now standing in its place. Maribel Masters looked fascinated by the Pokémon, and joined members of Hatchery staff in examining it once more. And like with last time, it seemed nothing wrong could be found, for they all backed away with smiles, inviting you to meet your newest Pokémon.

ChrisClark13: Turtonator♂ hatched from the Egg!
  • It also knows the Egg move Head Smash! Hardheaded right out of the Egg, I see!
  • It also knows the Egg move Revenge! Truly a move best served cold.
Picking up this fire dragon turtle in a Pokeball.

Didn't know that Turtonator had the Dragon type. I am quite surprised.
Old 08-14-2022, 07:10 PM   #2387
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Dropping off Roseo the male Nickit for a certified-organic, non-GMO, gluten and nut-free, guaranteed non-canon breed (1/2). It isn't just Cyanide who'd be snarling up a storm; little Calla would be none too happy with her partner-in-crime running off with some other gal, so that's double the motivation!

Roseo's stats as follows:

I will be keeping the egg with breeding slot 4/6. Also paying $1000 to guarantee a female baby.

Much appreciated!!!
Picking up my male Nickit, and hatching this egg!!
Old 08-14-2022, 10:21 PM   #2388
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Picking up my male Nickit, and hatching this egg!!
Was there any breeding taking place? Was there even an Egg at all? The first question, that was up in the air- for indeed, the answer to the second question was quite clear, for there was most definitely an Egg. Where it came from, that was the question, a question nobody seemed to have an adequate answer for. And yet, there didn't need to be an answer for it to be ready to hatch, which brings you here today.

This time, the Pokémon that greets you at the Hatchery doors is a Greedent, snacking on the seemingly limitless stockpile of Pecha Berries stowed away in its tail fur. Despite this potentially distracting snacking, it seems to have no problem grabbing your attention. It gestures for you to follow it in the back, though it... takes its sweet time as it does so.

By the time you reach the back, your Egg is already aglow, and Hatchery staff members are quick to take it and begin making all the necessary preparations. Meanwhile, a woman with hair as red as Dynamax Energy scoops up the slow-paced glutton. "Ah, I'm sorry about Pecha here," she says sheepishly. "I'm not sure she really grasped the time sensitive nature of your arrival."

"Guuuureedent!" Pecha chimed in, seemingly highlighting her alleged obliviousness towards the situation, before she began snacking on another Pecha Berry.

Not long after, the steadily intensifying glow from the Egg reached its zenith, before vanishing altogether, and you have to do a double take at what you see before you, because holy crap, this does not happen every day. The Hatchery staff are similarly stunned, but do their job anyway, with Diana Macks joining in, helping out however she can. Before long, everyone backs away, revealing to you what you'd caught a glimpse of, the strikingly white fur circled for a moment by a swirl of blue stars as your shiny new friend is ready to meet you at long last.

Marion Ette: Eevee♀ hatched from the Egg!
  • Oh! It's a Shiny!
Old 08-16-2022, 02:52 AM   #2389
Stargazer
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Oh, thank you! ^^

Dropping off my Male Nidoran (breeding 2 of 2) with the stats below to breed with myahoo's Female Galarian Ponyta! This time around, paying $1000 to ensure the offspring is a Female, and I keep the Egg!

Name: Breaker
Species: Nidoran ♂
Level: 21
Obtained: Adoption Center
Held item: None
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Hustle
Moves: Double Kick, Fury Attack, Horn Attack, Leer, Peck, Poison Sting, Tackle
Contest Stats: 0
Bond: 2
Hatching time!
Old 08-16-2022, 09:30 AM   #2390
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Hatching time!
"Mai mai!"

You're greeted with this cutesy cry as you enter the Hatchery, and it isn't hard to find the source- looking up, you see a Minun standing atop a light fixture, grinning impishly down at you. You begin to get the feeling she's been previously told to stay off of the light fixtures. Not coincidentally, you also begin to get the feeling that the Minun doesn't a Patrat's ass.

The Minun waves to you in greeting, then in an impressive display of Acrobatics, leaps from there to various pieces of furniture until she's back down on the floor. There, she gestures for you to follow before marching off towards the back room.

Once back there, the Minun gestures grandly to where your Nidoran, a Galarian Ponyta, and their Egg, all wait. She then turns and waves with a grin at the Galarian Ponyta, before climing up the body of Keith Masters, coming to rest on his shoulder.

Keith chuckles. "Well, you're just in time, the Egg should be hatching any second now," he informs you. "I hope my Minun didn't cause you any trouble out there," he added. "She's been coming with me every time I came to volunteer here in the past two weeks- that Ponyta is actually a friend of hers."

"Mai mai, maii nun!" Anion declared.

Before the conversation could continue any further, the Egg began to glow. Softly at first, but the glow steadily intensified. As it did so, members of regular Hatchery staff began to examine it, running tests, all sorts of things, to ensure all was going as planned. And evidently they were, as they nodded their satisfaction and backed off, just in time for the Egg to burst with energy, its glow so intense you couldn't look diectly at it any longer... and then, there stood something that looked just like her mother. This time, Keith joined the regular staff in examining the newborn, being thorough, but also careful to not spook the new Pokémon. And as with before, they all nodded their satisfaction before long, and they backed away, allowing you to meet your new friend at long last.

Stargazer: Ponyta♀ (Galarian Form) hatched from the Egg!
  • It also knows the Egg move Double Kick! We added 100% more kick than your average kicking attack, just for kicks!
Old 08-16-2022, 07:19 PM   #2391
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Eevee A condition of complete simplicity (Costing not less than everything)

Oroitz grimaced at the fairytale cottage before him, once again turning his gaze to the faded photograph in his hand. Oh, this was the place, all right - to the casual observer, there was really no difference between image and reality, such was the careful maintenance of the place. Still, there were small details that did not escape the transformed crow's meticulous gaze; the flowerbeds, once perfectly manicured and sorted by species and color, were intermingling and losing their definition. No efforts had been made to cull the ivy creeping up the side of the cottage.

Unforgivable offenses for the place's former clientele, who expected perfection in all things - but those days were long over.

Oroitz lets himself in, shaking his head at the lack of attendant to greet him, wondering what Dr. Kingston Ette's distinguished wife would have thought at such lack of service. In the days when she would have been a familiar face at the boutique shops of Fizzytopia, Breeding Houses like this one would have fallen all over themselves with glasses of champagne and armfuls of fuzzy hopefuls to greet her at the door. In those days, the worst that could be said of Mrs. Juli Ette was that she was an eccentric - a bit distant, a bit cold to those she didn't know well, a bit weird about names - but no one doubted that she loved her daughter. Even for her, a purchase here would have come at great expense - breeding Pokémon, in those days, cost a small fortune - but no fortune would have been too great for her daughter's first Pokémon...

Oroitz wasn't sure what he was expecting, exactly, but despite the quaint, fanciful exterior, the interior of Angel's Touch Eevee Kennel was as pristine and technologically advanced as any Pokémon Center or Hatchery he'd been to - simply on a smaller scale. A few little fuzzballs wander over to the darkly-clad gentleman with mild curiosity, sniffing his hand. Most turn away, determining that said hand does not contain food, though one stays to push it gently with its nose, expecting head pats. Idly giving the pup what it wants, Oroitz notes to himself that the Eevees here seem to have quite the freedom to wander about - he considers the flowers a moment, before he straightens up, the little Eevee wandering off to join its friends as Oroitz approaches a teenage boy in full breeder garb sitting with his feet up on a nearby desk. An elderly female Espeon snoozes, draped over the boy's lap, while he reads a graphic novel with Arceus and a blond gentleman on the cover who vaguely reminded Oroitz of a rat.

The wizened psychic type opens one eye as Oroitz loudly clears his throat, before promptly shutting it again. The boy, however, does not budge - at least, not until Oroitz's third attempt at calling out, "Excuse me... Excuse me... EXCUSE ME, SIR!"

Earbuds fall from beneath his hat, as he nearly tumbles backwards, the Espeon jumping from her resting place, before walking slowly, yet deliberately to the sunniest corner of the room, curling up in a ray of light. The boy, meanwhile, sends his feet crashing to the floor, standing up with a start. With the kind of blush that takes over his whole face like a sunburn, he pushes his hat forward, as if it will hide the shame in his eyes - and the fierce red of his cheeks.

"S-sorry... Mira's supposed to sense when customers come and let me know..."

The Espeon half-opens her eyes at this, flicking her tail in irritation before closing them again.

"Anyway... How can I help you, Mister?"

"Yes, right. I'm looking for Miss Carolyn. Does she still own this establishment?"

"Miss Ca- Oh, Gramma Caro? Yeah, I guess, technically, but she retired ages ago... Heh, um, you know, it's like my Mom says... Breeders are breeders! N-no, wait, sorry, it goes, breeders need to be bred... o-or something like that... You get what I mean, right? Breeding is something we - it - it runs in the family."

The teen extends a shaky, sweaty hand to Oroitz, who applies a firm handshake and a steady gaze. The boy was clearly nervous - if breeders were bred, then Miss Caro's grandpup needed more socializing, Oroitz darkly mused - but he did seem friendly enough.

"Well, you'll do, then... I suppose," Oroitz remarks coolly, his eyes drifting toward the frolicking Eevees. "I am looking to obtain a female Eevee for a friend of mine. Naďve nature, curious, inclined to evolve into Umbreon -"

"Er, sorry to interrupt, but, uh... Well, we don't really have any Eevees matching that description in our current litter -"

"Hmph. Well, you do custom breeding orders, yes? I am willing to pay -"

"We haven't done those in years. I'm sorry, Mister," the boy cuts him off. "But that doesn't mean I can't pair your friend with an Eevee that they'll love! Or, well... Mira can. She can read your thoughts of your friend and find the perfect match, If she's in the mood for it..."

Mira makes a point of snoring as loudly as she can, rolling onto her back and stretching out like a rug. The boy shrugs his shoulders.

"Well, maybe if you come back tomorrow -"

"No, that's quite all right." Without so much as a goodbye, the irritated gentleman storms out of the Breeding Facility, the little Eevees scattering to avoid the sudden burst of angry energy.

Once back outside, Oroitz stops at the front steps, taking a moment to consider his next move. He knew that both Marion and Keith owned Eevees of their own, but he couldn't imagine asking them for help in this matter, no... Not in a million years. He might have better luck trying to capture an Eevee, but where would he go to find one?

Oroitz's thoughts drift to Liliana. Drift to her afterlife, with a powerful spectral mate and cookie-scented son, living large at Sludge Wave Coast... He imagined she was happy, which is all Minerva had ever wanted for her... But after all Minerva had gone through - after how deeply, how fiercely she loved Liliana, both as Anna the Umbreon and in her current, ghostly form - Minerva deserved her own happiness, her own love... and, really, so did Oroitz. But Oroitz wouldn't dare pursue such things without knowing that there was a Pokémon in his stead, to help Sister Bia take care of his dear friend in those times while he was away, chasing his dreams... To love Minerva, as he did.

The sound of a window flying open shakes Oroitz out of his reverie, as an egg floats out the window, held aloft with Psychic force. He raises an eyebrow as the egg moves steadily towards him, and he holds his hands out cautiously... As the egg lands in his hands, and he moves to cradle it, the window slams shut. Oroitz moves to peer inside, but only sees the boy once again absorbed in his graphic novel, Mira napping the day away, but with a strange smile on her face that wasn't there before...

As he turns to go, images flash in his mind, brief but distinct.

An Espeon's first litter. A beautiful baby girl. Naďve nature, curious, inclined to evolve into Umbreon... One mother's love recognizing another's... and one mother's madness becoming another's grief.

An Espeon's final egg. A beautiful baby girl inside, whose life still stretched out before her, a grand and glorious mystery... Gratitude, for visions of that which her mother has lost, and the peace of knowing that happiness sprung from such tragedy.

"I promise you, Mira," Oroitz murmurs, holding the egg close to his chest, "I will die before I let anything happen to her or her trainer. I swear it to you. I swear it."

His body shakes with the weight of the images - the weight of what he has been given.

He had been a fool to seek perfection, when there had always been something greater.

---

Sister Minerva had no idea what to expect.

The past few days had been... Interesting, to say the least. Oroitz still had not returned from his sudden departure the morning after the fateful Casino Gala, yet Minerva suspected his influence still lurking about, despite his absence. Journey and Voyage somehow obtained a big little sister in the form of a Wobbuffet named Euodia, despite her never registering the Pokémon herself. Mr. Nose was running around in a hard hat, disappearing for hours at a time in the pursuit of some mysterious project. Even Nadia had returned to much excitement and embracing, in the form of a ghostly Hisuian Zorua. Indeed, it was on her urging that morning that Sister Minerva made her way to the Hatchery, and though she wasn't quite sure why, she had a feeling.

Sure enough, Oroitz himself was waiting in his human form, opening the door for her and urging her in. To his surprise, the traveling sister instead takes the opportunity to give him a hug, which he awkwardly returns, before once again urging her inside. The darkly-clad gentleman knew there was little time to waste... Which, of course, meant that the attending Pokémon had to be one of the slowest and most oblivious of the bunch, by his estimation. Sister Minerva seems rather amused by the Pokémon's attitude and antics. Oroitz... far less so.

Regardless, they make it to the back of the hatchery, and the attendants are quick to take care of the baby as she emerges into the world... Shiny and new.

The moment Minerva lays eyes on her, she feels herself transported to her youth, meeting Anna for the first time as she tumbled out of her mother's arms and into hers. Without a word, she scoops the little Eevee up, embracing the little girl tightly. The little Eevee coos happily, nuzzling up against her, giving her a lick on the cheek.

"Minerva... I think you already know that our paths may be diverging for the time being," Oroitz begins, placing a hand on her shoulder. "But know that we will never be far apart. I thought this little one would do well to take care of you in my absence... and when I return, I very much look forward to seeing how much you both accomplish."

Minerva looks up at Oroitz, tears forming in her eyes. "I... you... you didn't have to do this," Minerva sniffles, snuggling the baby in her arms. "She's perfect."

"She's yours. Take good care of her, now," Oroitz turns to the Eevee, giving the sparkly little girl a stern look. "And you, you take good care of Minerva, will you not? I expect great things out of you. Do not disappoint me."

The little Eevee trills excitedly, as if eagerly confirming that she's up to the task. With a satisfied nod, Oroitz turns to go.

"Wait, Oroitz -"

He turns, facing the Sister whom he called friend for as long as his mind held memory.

"A thousand blessings for you on your journey. Be safe, be well, and I hope you find what you're looking for. Wherever you go... My love, and Sister Bia's love, goes with you."

Oroitz nods curtly, running out of the Hatchery before his emotions overtake him, leaving Sister Minerva with her new friend.

---

Picking up Amaris the Shiny Eevee in a Luxury Ball (5/5). Thanks, MM!!!

Last edited by Marion Ette; 08-16-2022 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2022, 07:39 PM   #2392
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Birthday Egg! Let's see what's inside!
Old 08-21-2022, 07:53 PM   #2393
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Missingno. Master: You have hatched a male Goomy with EMs Counter, Endure, and Life Dew!

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-21-2022, 11:11 PM   #2394
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Missingno. Master: You have hatched a male Goomy with EMs Counter, Endure, and Life Dew!
"Driooooo!"

"Go-o-oat!"

These were the cries echoing around Route 11 as a Dodrio and a Gogoat raced across the plains. The Gogoat had a green-haired woman on his back, while the Dodrio had no rider. Willa Masters gripped her Gogoat's horns like handlebars as they tried to overtake Dodrio. "We can do it, Gogoat!" Willa encouraged the Grass-type.

"Goa-oa-oat!" bleated Gogoat. He could feel Willa's determination through his horns, and he sped up, trying hard to pass his teammate. And then, after spending a few minutes gradually catching up, Gogoat finally overtook Dodrio, coming out ahead of the Triple Bird Pokémon, at which point they both slowed down, coming to a stop just as they passed the sign designating the beginning of Route 12.

"Ah... much better," Willa smiled, dismounting Gogoat. "Gogoat, your speed is definitely improved."

"Goa-oa-oat!" Gogoat bleated happily, proceeding to Tackle Willa to the ground.

"Heh... And Dodrio, your help is greatly appreciated as well," Willa added as she stood back up.

"DRIOOO," cawed all three of Dodrio's heads at once.

"Whew... All right, I think we should start heading home now," Willa stated. "This has been a good day of training for you two, but we shouldn't overwork ourselves."

"Go-o-oat!" Gogoat bleated in agreement.

"Drio... Drio..." panted Dodrio. This was not lost on Willa, who reached into her bag and produced a bottle of Fresh Water. Dodrio's heads took turns drinking the water gratefully. "Drioooo," the heads cawed contentedly.

"There you go, that should feel better," Willa said soothingly. "Gogoat, are you thirsty as well?" she added, taking another bottle out of her bag. "It is a rather hot day out."

Before Gogoat could respond, however, a small gasping sound could be heard from nearby. Willa looked around, and stifled a gasp at what she saw- a small bloblike creature, looking distinctly dried out and utterly exhausted, was oozing pitifully towards the swamp on Route 12. However, a glance told Willa that the swamp wasn't faring much better in this heat wave. She reached into her bag, only to find she had no more Fresh Water to spare. But Gogoat nudged Willa in the direction of the shriveled-up blob, and Willa didn't need to be told twice.

"Here you go," Willa said, gently pouring the bottled water out onto the Pokémon. At once, the Pokémon's body absorbed the liquid and started to look far better.

The Pokémon gave a contented, relieved sigh upon absorbing the last of the water. "Goo-oo-oomy!" it gurgled happily, as Willa produced her Pokédex.

"Goomy, the Soft Tissue Pokémon. A Dragon-type," droned the device. "Goomy lives in dark, damp places to keep its body moist, and becomes lethargic if it dries out. Goomy is the weakest of all Dragon-type Pokémon."

"I knew the water would help," Willa murmured. "Mother always waters her Goodra in a similar fashion when it's hot outside. You're feeling better now, aren't you, little one?" she inquired.

"Goooomy!" Goomy gurgled in response, nuzzling Willa affectionately.

"Ah, you are sweet," Willa responded with a slight yet definite smile.

"Goa-oa-oa- oat, Go- oa," Gogoat bleated, interspersed with dry-sounding coughs.

Willa turned swiftly around. "Oh, Gogoat," she murmured in concern. "I'm sorry, I don't have any more water..."

"Goomy..." Goomy gurgled thoughtfully. Then, it closed its eyes, and a light blue aura came over its body. Sparkling droplets of water rained down upon all present, each one feeling wonderfully refreshing as it splashed down.

"Ahaha... Life Dew," Willa smiled. "Gogoat, how do you feel now- Oof!" she exclaimed, her question cut short by the answer as Gogoat happily Tackled her to the ground, bleating happily, sounding quite a bit more hydrated.

"Drioooo," Dodrio cawed, sounding equally contented.

Willa turned to smile at Goomy. "I owe you thanks for this, little one," she said warmly. "Would you like to come with me?"

"GOOOMYYYYY!" Goomy exclaimed, jumping up and nuzzling Willa affectionately again. With nothing more needing to be said, Willa took an old-style Ultra Ball out of her bag and tapped it gently to Goomy. The ball sucked Goomy inside, jumped out of Willa's hand for a moment, but then emitted a puff of smoke to signal a successful catch.

"Well," Willa smiled, pocketing Goomy's Ultra Ball. "It seems we have a new friend. Now... let's go home," she suggested, getting back on Gogoat's back.

"Goa-oa-oaaat!" bleated Gogoat, taking off in the direction of Sludge Wave Coast at once.

OOC: Claiming my new Goomy in Ultra Ball (rustic) #1 of 5, no nickname, and declaring his Ability to be Hydration. Thanks!
Old 08-22-2022, 08:14 AM   #2395
Stargazer
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
"Mai mai!"

You're greeted with this cutesy cry as you enter the Hatchery, and it isn't hard to find the source- looking up, you see a Minun standing atop a light fixture, grinning impishly down at you. You begin to get the feeling she's been previously told to stay off of the light fixtures. Not coincidentally, you also begin to get the feeling that the Minun doesn't a Patrat's ass.

The Minun waves to you in greeting, then in an impressive display of Acrobatics, leaps from there to various pieces of furniture until she's back down on the floor. There, she gestures for you to follow before marching off towards the back room.

Once back there, the Minun gestures grandly to where your Nidoran, a Galarian Ponyta, and their Egg, all wait. She then turns and waves with a grin at the Galarian Ponyta, before climing up the body of Keith Masters, coming to rest on his shoulder.

Keith chuckles. "Well, you're just in time, the Egg should be hatching any second now," he informs you. "I hope my Minun didn't cause you any trouble out there," he added. "She's been coming with me every time I came to volunteer here in the past two weeks- that Ponyta is actually a friend of hers."

"Mai mai, maii nun!" Anion declared.

Before the conversation could continue any further, the Egg began to glow. Softly at first, but the glow steadily intensified. As it did so, members of regular Hatchery staff began to examine it, running tests, all sorts of things, to ensure all was going as planned. And evidently they were, as they nodded their satisfaction and backed off, just in time for the Egg to burst with energy, its glow so intense you couldn't look diectly at it any longer... and then, there stood something that looked just like her mother. This time, Keith joined the regular staff in examining the newborn, being thorough, but also careful to not spook the new Pokémon. And as with before, they all nodded their satisfaction before long, and they backed away, allowing you to meet your new friend at long last.

Stargazer: Ponyta♀ (Galarian Form) hatched from the Egg!
  • It also knows the Egg move Double Kick! We added 100% more kick than your average kicking attack, just for kicks!
Thank you so much! It's perfect ^^ Calling her Lady (RP to come in Visionary Glade soon!) and putting her in my very last PokéBall!
Old 08-26-2022, 05:13 PM   #2396
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Dropping off @85 FC: Reward Enigma Egg
accidentally overbaked this babe

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 08-27-2022, 09:27 PM   #2397
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
accidentally overbaked this babe
You step into the Hatchery to see... nobody? Huh. Odd. Isn't it supposed to be open today? At least, you friggin' hope it's open, you got an Egg to hatch! And yet, it's actually quite dark inside. You take a few steps inside, only to hear a snapping sound behind you. You turn and look, seeing nobody. However, a stick you stepped over, likely kicked in from outside carelessly earlier in the day, now seems to have been snapped clean in two. It was distinctly intact when you first stepped over it. You continue to look around, when you suddenly hear footsteps behind you.

"slash. san sandslash san san sandslash? san sandslash, san san sandslash."

Whether you can understand the words or not, you nevertheless get the feeling you should turn around and shake the mystery speaker's hand. As you do, you can barely make out a small spiky outline extending a clawed hand for you to shake, and as you shake said hand...

pbbbbbthbbbthththbbbth frrrrrt

The lights come back on all at once, and you see that you're shaking the hand of an Alolan Sandslash, grinning broadly. You also see that in said Sandslash's claws is somehow concealed a whoopie cushion, which you activated through the handshake, thus the flatulent sound which broke the tension. "seh heh heh. sandslash slash sandslash san sandslash slash. san SANDSLASH sandslash," the Alolan Sandslash remarked. He gestures for you to follow him, then leads you... in the exact opposite direction of the back room. Weird. Yet, driven pretty much purely by sheer morbid curiosity at this point, you follow the Sandslash anyway. Only to end up in the back room, as though he knew a shortcut of some sort.

"Ah, I see you've met Sans," chuckled Marv Liss, famed TV news cameraman, though today he was without his usual TV camera as he was volunteering at the Hatchery. "He's, uh, really something else, isn't he? But anyways, here, yes, the Egg, come on," he added, urging you along to the normal Hatchery staff, who take your Egg and examine it, wasting no time in doing so as the soft glow it's been emanating begins to intensify. And finally, everyone stands back as the glow reaches its apex... and finally, it is done. Your new Pokémon is flopping in place, a literal fish out of water, but a hastily-fetched tank of water quickly rectifies this. The staff once again converge upon the hatchling to reaffirm its good health, and judging by the approving murmurs and much nodding of the heads, you can only conclude that it's in good health. Sure enough, they step aside at long last, and you're cleared to meet your newest Pokémon for the first time.

Prof.Enigma: Remoraid♂ hatched from the Egg!
  • It also knows the Egg move Entrainment! Choose that Ability wisely!
  • It also knows the Egg move Swift! Truly the star of the show.
Old 08-28-2022, 04:43 PM   #2398
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
"Awwk! Ahoy! Ahoy!"

As you enter the Hatchery, this is the greeting that meets your ears. Its source isn't hard to discern, either, as you see a Chatot winging her way towards you. She circles around you a couple of times, then flies off in the direction of the back room. She doesn't fly out of sight, though- just before reaching the door, she stops, turns around, and looks back at you expectantly. "Awwk! Ready to hatch! Ready to hatch!" she caws out to you. Well, that was fairly unambiguous, wasn't it!

At this point, you follow the Chatot. I mean, why wouldn't you at this stage? And sure enough, the blabbering bird leads you straight and true, right into the room where sits the Egg you brought in a week ago. The Chatot comes in for a landing on the shoulder of a very tall man who, to put it as bluntly as possible, looks like a pirate. Right down to the tricorne hat and the eyepatch. His demeanor, however, is warm and welcoming. "Arrgh, welcome aboard," he greets you. "Tom Maelstrom McPhione at yer service. I be volunteerin' here today, and ye can rest assured, yer Egg be doin' just fine."

Indeed, as if to drive Tom's point home, the Egg begins emitting a pulsing glow. As the minutes tick by, this intensifies, and once it gets to the point where you can no longer safely look directly at the Egg, there's a burst of energy, and then the glow is gone. And the Egg, for that matter. What appears to be a small potted plant rests in its place, looking around at the world for the first time. Hatchery staff, both regular and volunteer, are quick to check up on the newborn, but everything seems to be fine.

"Yarr, all be well with the little one," Tom reports to you. "Ye signs these here papers, and the lad'll be all set to join yer crew."

lilboocorsola: Bonsly♂ hatched from the Egg!
  • It also knows the Egg move Rock Polish! A real gem of a move!
  • It also knows the Egg move Rollout! We apologize for the inevitable Miltank flashbacks!
  • It also knows the Egg move Sand Tomb! Well, son of a beach!
Picking up Lv. 1 Bonsly with EMs ROCK POLISH, ROLLOUT, & SAND TOMB in 1x Poké Ball (3 of 10).
Old 08-29-2022, 04:34 PM   #2399
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Birthday Egg.
Old 08-29-2022, 04:42 PM   #2400
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Iron: You have hatched a female Mincinno with EMs Knock Off, Sleep Talk, and Tail Whip!

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records