UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 06:40 PM   #26
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Missingno. Master:

Passing up on the egg, you and your Meowstic wander around the Delta. You could see sparks forming in the air, and the wind picking up. Your time here was short, and this was your last chance. Though the sound of a xylophonic melody soon hits your ears, and you follow it. You soon arrive in a wooded area and see a bright red egg, with a cream square in the center. That cream square then extends into a collar pattern around the egg, with it being quite large. Then, you see two symmetrical black markings that look almost like antenna as well.

Before you could react, you could see the Springtime Pyukumuku appear before you, and hands you the egg before disappearing into the encroaching storm. You blink and are soon outside of the distortion with the egg in hand. The egg then turns a bright white, and the Pokemon within hatches.

You look at the small cricket creature, who lets out harmonious sounds on seeing you. A new melody has been created, and the bug is more than happy to conduct it. Its antennas twitch and collar furls as it gets used to the air around it, and its large red nose sniffles a bit. Congratulations, you have obtained a Lv. 1 Female Kricketot!

You may post a RP post to pick up your Pokemon.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-07-2022, 10:45 PM   #27
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Missingno. Master:

Passing up on the egg, you and your Meowstic wander around the Delta. You could see sparks forming in the air, and the wind picking up. Your time here was short, and this was your last chance. Though the sound of a xylophonic melody soon hits your ears, and you follow it. You soon arrive in a wooded area and see a bright red egg, with a cream square in the center. That cream square then extends into a collar pattern around the egg, with it being quite large. Then, you see two symmetrical black markings that look almost like antenna as well.

Before you could react, you could see the Springtime Pyukumuku appear before you, and hands you the egg before disappearing into the encroaching storm. You blink and are soon outside of the distortion with the egg in hand. The egg then turns a bright white, and the Pokemon within hatches.

You look at the small cricket creature, who lets out harmonious sounds on seeing you. A new melody has been created, and the bug is more than happy to conduct it. Its antennas twitch and collar furls as it gets used to the air around it, and its large red nose sniffles a bit. Congratulations, you have obtained a Lv. 1 Female Kricketot!

You may post a RP post to pick up your Pokemon.
Sparks formed in the air as Willa and Meowstic continued onward, and the wind started to pick up. Without really knowing why she felt so strongly on this, Willa was nevertheless convinced that the distortion was nearly over. Time was almost up, surely she had but one last chance. She paused, however, as a melody met her ears. Meowstic, hearing the same, stopped as well. "Hm," Willa murmured, leading the way towards the source of said music, leading them to a wooded area, and more to the point, a very noticeable bright red Egg. Willa made to walk towards said Egg, when none other than the Springtime Pyukumuku appeared before her! This legendary figure of springtime handed the Egg over to a frankly speechless Willa, before vanishing into the oncoming storm... and then, in the blink of an eye, Willa and Meowstic were outside of the distortion. "I..." Willa began, at a loss for words, when the Egg she held provided a minor distraction by starting to hatch.

"Mrrrowr," Meowstic purred wonderingly as the glowing Egg formed into a... well, a rather similarly-shaped creature, except now with stubby hands and legs, a large collar, and a pair of distinctive antennae that clacked together producing that very xylophone-like sound Willa had followed. Smiling at the newborn, Willa took out her Pokédex and pointed it at the musical mite.

"Kricketot, the Cricket Pokémon. A Bug-type," droned the device. "Kriccketot shakes its head, causing its antennae to hit each other, making a sound like a xylophone. It uses these sounds to communicate, and the sounds are a hallmark of the autumn season."

"Indeed," Willa murmured, putting away her Pokédex. "Well, little one," she said, addressing the Kricketot, who was now looking up curiously at her. "What would you say to a duet?"

Kricketot tilted her head. "Kricke?" she inquired curiously.

Willa smiled, tossing an Ultra Ball into the air. "Kommo-o!" she exclaimed.

In a flash of light, the Ultra Ball opened up, and Willa's Kommo-o materialized, scales jingling as he hit the ground. As this jangling met Kricketot's ears, the Bug-type jumped happily, and began clacking her antennae together rhythmically.

"Kommo?" Kommo-o growled curiously, chuckling slightly at the musical marvel before him. Taking the cue, he began to shake his body, playing along with Kricketot with the sound of his Clanging Scales. Willa and Meowstic could not help but smile as they listened to this performance, though the former did have another Ultra Ball waiting in hand.

~~~~~

"Keith, I'm home!" Willa called as she entered the front doors of the Poisonous Palace.

"In here, my love," Keith called back from the living room. "Eddie's here, too."

"Hello, Willa," came the voice of Eddie Starmie from the same location.

Willa walked into the living room, Meowstic right behind her, and an Ultra Ball in hand. "Hello, Eddie," she said with a polite nod, before approaching Keith, whereupon the couple shared a hug and kiss by way of a greeting. "So, Eddie, what brings you here?" Willa inquired.

"Ah, well, I had heard about the strange distortions reported on Springtide Isle," Eddie stated. "After hearing from Keith that you had already gone out that way, I decided to see if you would be up to recounting your experience in there. Distortions in reality are, after all, quite relevant to my research."

"Oh, I would imagine," Willa nodded. "I still remember from the cryptopokology class I took at Kiloude Academy- about such things as Glitch City and ZZAZZ."

"Glitch City I know of," Keith nodded. "Been there myself. And I know I read a little about ZZAZZ, too..." he added, trying to recall.

"Ah, well, ZZAZZ is a strange and terrible dimension," Eddie frowned. "From outward appearances, you would think all was normal, but all instances of your name, both in written form and in the memories of yourself and all who know you, would be forever corrupted beyond recognition. And the afflicted soul's Pokémon? Transformed into ultra-powerful Bulbasaur, disagreeable and disobedient, knowledge of most of their moves replaced with the frankly alarming urge- and equally alarming capability- to explode. Sadly, those who find themselves lost to ZZAZZ never return. It is theorized that souls lost to ZZAZZ are reborn as h Poké- but never mind all that, you clearly did not experience ZZAZZ," he added hastily to Willa. "The proof is before us here and now, after all, Willa."

"Indeed," Willa nodded. "Well, as you say, it was clearly not ZZAZZ, though neither did my experiences line up with my husband's accounts of Glitch City, I'm afraid. It was... as though the very landscape was being altered into a completely different, yet still coherent one, all within this great dome of swirling energy that formed over the island."

"Hmm," Eddie murmured, furiously taking notes in a notebook. "Very, very fascinating indeed... Not chaotic enough to be attributable to the usual suspects, for certain, and yet... I cannot help but wonder if there might be any involvement from Great X-x all the same... surely if this falls under my field of study in any capacity, it would involve X-x, perhaps directly..."

"X-x, yes..." Keith nodded thoughtfully. "The Mythical Pokémon credited with the creation of all that which cryptopokologists study, yeah?"

Eddie nodded. "And revered as a deity on par with your Arceus by said cryptopokologists," he stated. "It is said that when the universe was created, X-x was born of the remaining chaos. Shunned and ignored for Its bizarre appearance, X-x forgave those who feared It out of ignorance, and instead took the remaining chaos left over from the universe's creation, and continued to create in Its own image. The end goal of cryptopokology, my friends, is to help the world look past the strangeness and see the beauty that X-x sees in what that primordial chaos has become. And yet," he added thoughtfully. "...taking an already orderly island and reshaping it to be orderly in a different yet still conventional way... that does not seem like X-x's way... hm, perhaps this might not concern cryptopokology after all," he sighed.

"Perhaps not," Keith shrugged. "Though either way, it's good to at least know, right?"

"True, true," conceded Eddie. "Honestly, I still feel as though I should make sure. I should go back to my lab and consult some of my books on the matter. Thank you for having me over," he said as he stood up to leave.

"No problem, man," Keith nodded.

"Always a pleasure," added Willa. "Do let us know if you find out anything more on the matter, won't you?"

"You can count on it," grinned Eddie as he walked out of the room.

Once Eddie had left the building, Keith turned to Willa. "OK, so, almost forgot to ask- what's in the ball?" he added with a grin.

Willa gave a small smile of her own, holding up the Ultra Ball. "I did indeed manage to catch something," she confirmed. "It was a similar deal to the last time I was there- it was all Eggs. The first Egg, from the looks of it, contained a Paras."

"Huh," Keith murmured. "Interesting, for sure. I mean, Amanita and Amanitin are, well, them, but they're a pretty unique situation..."

"I decided that while Parasect is a respectable Pokémon in its own right, I was not interested in raising one myself," Willa stated. "Also, Meowstic couldn't get away from that thing fast enough- she did not like it."

"Totally valid," Keith nodded. "So, you moved on?"

"Naturally," Willa stated. "The next Egg I found, it looked as though it would become a Budew."

"Ooh!" Keith murmured with interest. "Now that's something I could give you help with raising."

"I have no doubt," nodded Willa with a faint smile. "However, I felt as though I would seek my fortunes elsewhere all the same, and so I left that Egg be. The third and final Egg, whether I wanted it to be or not, hatched in my hands, becoming this." And she threw the Ultra Ball into the air. "Kricketot!" she declared as the Cricket Pokémon emerged musically into the room.

"Oh, cool, a Kricketot," Keith grinned, the Bug-type looking up at him curiously. "Musical little things, I know they can be-"

"TRICITYYYYY!"

"Oh, good lord," Keith chuckled as his Amped Form Toxtricity burst into the room, grinning at the prospect of some rocking music. At the same time, Willa's Kommo-o took this opportunity to exit his Poké Ball, and an impromptu jam session took place, as the wild sounds of an electric guitar and furiously jangling scales filled the living room. Willa gave an anxious look to her Kricketot, but she was bopping her head with great gusto, clacking her antenna to keep pace with the beat in tremendous fashion. The Masterses exchanged looks and just burst into laughter, after which they decided to sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. Willa's new Kricketot was gonna fit in just fine, they knew.

*Adventure complete!*

Quote:
Willa used Ultra Ball!

----

All right! Kricketot was caught!
Thanks, Lit! Claiming my new Kricketot in Ultra Ball #4 of 5, no nickname, and declaring her Ability to be Run Away. Might not be what I was after, but this is a result I can absolutely work with, so no complaints from me!
Old 03-08-2022, 07:27 PM   #28
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Spring's promise of sun is honored when Winter's weighed down on us.

Quote:
Crimson Delta: The Rocky Coast and Nature Trails have warped together to create a swampy marsh that leads out to the sea. Countless rivers cut through the swamps and marshes, creating difficult terrain. Though the soil here is extremely fertile, so rare water plants and sprawling grain fields line the small islands. please reply in lightslategray
An ancient wooden skiff drifts slowly, yet deliberately toward the shores of the Crimson Delta, poled rather merrily by its single human occupant: a well-dressed gentleman, whose pallid, bluish skin and sunken features somehow do little to diminish the warmth and glow of his expression. Beside him, a Shadow Sandygast quietly guards a giant basket filled to the brim with a large bouquet of algae, rivaling the greatest floral arrangements in its medley of colors and textures.

"The Ruler of this Isle certainly did not exaggerate the severity of their predicament - this place has changed dramatically, has it not? Or perhaps, it is simply my memory of the Rocky Coast which is distorted, ohohohohohoho~"

You have been here before, Bedivere? the Shadow Sandygast inquires, tilting her head slightly with curiosity.

"Ah, yes... Well, not many know of my venture here, as it was on behalf of the Elite at the time. I was part of the scouting party which first discovered Springtide Isle, you see..." Bedivere grins. "I was well known in my service to the Elite, both for my unerring diplomacy and my capacity for traversing long distances in the open ocean. Last time, I brought my usual assortment of tarts and cakes, not knowing who or what I would encounter... but I believe this basket should please even the most discerning of Pyukumuku, and our Springtide friend more than deserves a lovely gift upon our visit, do you not agree, Leith?"

Bedivere docks his skiff on the coast, stepping out onto the rocky shore. He retrieves his giant basket of algae with utmost care, before offering a hand to assist his Sandygast companion out of the skiff. She refuses, letting herself out onto the shore.

Unerring diplomacy... Leith repeats, her red eyes flickering.

"The lady I served deserved nothing less," Bedivere affirms. "Though I am no longer in her employ, we hold each other dear in our hearts, always." He glances wistfully out to the ocean. "Her happiness means the world to me, but now more than ever, she would rather have my friendship than my servitude. Truthfully, I, too, have my reasons for breaking those beautiful, gilded shackles of duty, weightless as they were with her carrying the key."

You've yet to elaborate on those reasons.

"Well..." Bedivere responds with a bit of mischief in his smile. "In every official capacity known to man and Pokémon, I was registered and placed in exclusive and perpetual service to the Lady Marion. In truth, and in practice, however... In action and in heart... I served two masters."

And who, pray tell, was the second?

Bedivere chuckles softly, though a melancholy look flickers in his eyes. "Yes, well... It matters not, for if all I have seen is to be believed, she is no longer of this world - neither among the living, nor the dead."

With that somber pronouncement, the young man quietly ventures forward, careful not to spill any algae from his carefully-arranged basket. "Let us speak no more of this, shall we? Such topics are best left to the Isle of Always Winter. We should concern ourselves only with new beginnings!"

New beginnings.

Leith takes a deep breath, and forges ahead with her trainer. She felt... a stirring of something within her - something unnamable - yet whatever caused the momentary flutter resumed its stagnation as quickly as it began. The Shadow Sandygast considers alerting her trainer - perhaps the soil she traversed was somehow having a negative effect on her health - but she was curious about the island, and would rather not end their adventure as soon as it began.
Old 03-09-2022, 08:51 PM   #29
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
With the echoes of Dialga's Gate still being felt throughout Fizzytopia, travelers have noticed strange distortions happening around the Springtime Island. The Springtime Pyukumuku has been reported to be bouncing around New Fizz City, asking any and all trainers to help it return the island to its original state. The standard local has been warped to match the areas of Ancient Sinnoh, known then as "Hisui." Perhaps, in helping out, you'll find a new friend waiting to explore the present?

Areas:

Cobalt Harbor: The Beachfront and Harborside Market have warped together to create a more secluded area, with newly abandoned shipwrecks around the market and beach. Large mountainous area circles around the beach, and small islands and giant rocks can be seen from the harbor jutting from the waves. Various fishing boats can be seen docked here, with the market looking like something out of the past. Please reply in mediumaquamarine

Trainers may choose to explore one of the above areas for an egg. You can explore up to three times, and either opt to stay in the same area or move to a different one Each egg encounter will be surmised by one update. You may either post that you are keeping or passing on the egg in your reply. Once you are on your third exploration, you are locked into the egg that you find.

This event will last until May 1st, 11:59 PM GMT
Space-time distortions haven't really been something Hyrem had wanted to mess with up to this point, but in this case he found them to be the first big chance he had to find certain Pokemon subspecies that existed in the past but were supposedly considered extinct now. Perhaps this was a chance for such Pokemon to be reintroduced into the wild?

All he knew about them was that they came from the Hisui region, before it was known as Sinnoh. With Sinnoh being where Weavile was originally discovered, Hyrem figured Leila would be a good partner for this expedition, just in case he met something that was particularly hostile. "Let's try this place, the Cobalt Harbor!" Hyrem said to Leila. "Weavile~" she said, climbing onto his shoulder and pointing not to the docks but to the beach beside them. Hyrem figured she sensed something over there and decided to follow her advice, maybe there was a Pokemon there?

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 03-10-2022, 03:33 PM   #30
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lilligant Gather ingredients to make a time sorbet, no room for seconds when seconds melt away

Quote:
Yuki:

Hoping to find clues to your Lilligant's lineage, you have once again come to the Springtide Islands. Its reflections of the ancient past seem to bring the region to life, and perhaps more than just looks? The grove, at the very least, seemed to be a good enough starting point to try and trace something down.

As you and your Pokemon explored, you start to climb a more rocky region. There seemed to be a latent psychic pull here, nestled within the surrounding pine trees. You then spot a beige egg, sitting in the center of a triangle of pines. While nothing interesting at first, towards the top it changes. There was a symmetrical yellowish pattern that branched out like antlered tuning forks, with a black sphere nestled just above the base for each.

Do you take this egg?
As the trio traveled through the fields, the path gradually grew rougher and rockier, until they were practically climbing a steep foothill. Iris helped lift Lilac across some of the tougher terrain, who had to hike her own skirt as they hiked. Some sort of psychic pull seemed to draw the compass's pointer this direction though, so they determinedly trekked onward until they reached a triangle of pine trees. In the center sat a pale brown egg, with spiked antlers sprouting from the top of the shell; each containing a dark orb within its crux, resembling a pair of giant eyes gazing mysteriously back at them. The air itself appeared to warp around the horns, bending reality and making the flowers feel faint for some reason, woozily struggling to maintain balance as they wilted weakly into the soil.

Realizing the danger, Jess quickly diverted between the blooms and ball, disrupting contact. As they backed up a distance to recover from dizziness, Lila's disappointment was discernible as it looked like they'd landed at an irrelevant dead end. Still though, the seed seemed to point straight at the sphere, and so after a moment she took a deep breath and steeled herself, beginning to march back to face it dead-on. Though her trainer tried to stop her, Iri raised a leaf and shook her head, trusting in her fiancé's decision.

Lilac stood defiant before the ovoid object, staring directly into the distortion as she placed a petal on the smooth surface. Memories seemed to seep through her roots as images slowly took form, flashing before her vision: of a regal being that resembled her, but without the bulk of heavy dress and a slightly different-colored crown blossom, more pink and proud in hue. She danced on long legs of white - lissome and winsome - through the grove, gathering up the glistening globes from shed tusks like plucking berries off branches, taking only the precious black pearl prize within and leaving behind the husks.

With her hefty haul, she waltzed back to a majestic silver stag waiting for her, which had a long winter mane like a wizard's beard - soft and pure as snow. Giving the impression of a truly wise and distinguished deer, existent since ancient times. They bowed to each other, before she boarded the steed and they took off through the woods, leaping with graceful ease over boulders towards the sea. Headed up to a high cliff overlooking the swampy marshland, as the soothing sound of a flute's song floated from somewhere far away...

Lilac lowered her limb, and her companions approached with concern. She nodded to indicate all was well, and that she had gained knowledge of their next destination. Curtsying to the egg, she thanked it for sharing its insight, but sensed it was still waiting for someone else to come along. So the group bid goodbye and carried on, continuing to grapple with dirt, mud, and gravel as they carefully made their way along the coast to the
Crimson Delta...

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 03-12-2022 at 01:14 AM.
Old 03-11-2022, 07:47 PM   #31
Lil'twick
Insanity

Marion Ette

Stepping onto the soil of the island, you reassure your Shadow Sandyghast that this was for new beginnings. Not for the boring tales of yesteryear, no! A merry enjoyment in this time-warped island, and a brand new friend that would more than help assist with that. An so, you begin your search.

And low and behold you find something! Nestled beneath a berry tree, you find a bright, cherry pink egg with a dark magenta stripe running through the middle in a v-shape. At the top is a green, almost stem-like pattern that connects to a smaller pink circle on the side of the egg, with a similar pattern as the main part of the egg. You feel that this is the first of many potential friends here...

Do you take the egg?

Yuki-

Thanking the egg for its knowledge, your Lilligant leads the group from the grove to the delta. The much more swampy environment may hold the key to what you were looking for. Though, for now, you stumble on another egg on top of a mound of sludge. Surrounded by peat, the bright orange egg is a sharp contrast to the environment before it. The only other major identifier is a cream-color crescent moon towards the top of the egg, though flipped so the tips are facing upwards. It felt awfully familiar. Though... you had a feeling this was your final decision, and you may be stuck with your next egg.

Do you take the egg?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-12-2022, 09:34 PM   #32
Sneaze
Mrow?

Lil'twick: Climbing through the Celestica Mountain was proving nothing short of a hike, with various peaks and valleys to explore, all dotted with ruins throughout. And yet, for quite some time, little stood out to catch your interest. That is until you find yourself passing through a small ruin with a couple of broken statues, and spot a somewhat spherical object nestled in between some crates.

The egg didn't really look like much at first glance, a soft grey thing the entire way across, but getting a better look at it reveals a large purple splotch on its front, with a bright yellow dot at its center...

Do you take this egg?

blu3shift: The Crimson Delta was far and away not quite what you had expected, a large marshland rather than some simple trail. But despite the vast area you find yourself in, there wasn't much catching your eye as you began to wander throughout. Your trek takes you to the edge of a small pond, however, where you note an egg nestled up in some shrubbery below a tree just nearby.

It was a bit surprising you could even spot the egg, given its hues matched the surrounding so well. Mostly a light green, the bottom of the egg was a soft yet bright yellow, while the very top was the color of the nearby fresh brown soil, with a very small spot of darker green a the very tip...

Do you take this egg?

ShadowDRGN: Trudging through the Alabaster Arctic brings you through treacherous mountains topped with snow and slick, slippery ice fields, each step seeming more dangerous than the last as the cold winds bite your skin through every protective layer you can muster. But just as all hope of finding, well, anything at all seems lost, a small bit of coloration pops out from the snow.

Approaching the egg, its white top peaks out from the snow a bit, only visible due to the bit of light blue that makes up the bottom half of the egg, at the center of which a soft yellow shape makes its home. Not quite a circle, but close, with a small protrusion of sorts at the bottom...

Do you take this egg?

Heather: Cleaning up the beaches at Cobalt Harbor proves to be a time-consuming task, and despite having been told that eggs were hidden all over, it takes quite a bit before you see anything of even remote interest. That is, until you are moving some rocks out of the way and end up picking something up that is decidedly not another rock.

It's no wonder you nearly made a mistake, as the egg was entirely grey at first glance, but as you reposition it, a singular large white circle can be found on its front. With no other markings to go off of, this is quite a strange find...

Do you take this egg?

Zelphon: It's not long after beginning your trek that you realize that the area is fairly barren. While the peaks provide a glorious view, and the mountain is dotted with the debris of temples and ruins, there isn't much to be found at all here. That is, until the sight of a small egg atop a cliffside catches your eye.

The egg seems fairly plain, aside from one obvious detail, a large grey stripe that curls itself around the egg in a spiraling pattern all the way from the bottom to the top, ending in a large white spot at the very top...

Do you take this egg?

myahoo: The warping of the isle left it looking nothing like what you were used to, perhaps adding to the idea that this sudden time warp was the reason for the lack of fanfare on the potential new species to be found here. As you trek through the marshes, there doesn't seem to be much here beyond trees and mud, but after a bit you manage to spot an odd shape in the middle of a large patch of growing wheat.

The egg is simple in its design, almost extremely so, with a basic white coloration for the most part. The interesting bits were that the entire egg was covered in small markings, those of blue and red triangles...

Do you take this egg?

Gemini Spark: The Cobalt Harbor was a pretty simple looking place, a large beach with not much going for it save for the size of it all. Beyond the beach itself, there were a number of islands, including one that appeared to be an active volcano, as well as a large cliff face splitting the beach in two. Your search up and down the shores found near nothing for a time, until a short trip to the top of the cliff provide proper results, an egg nestled up next to a tree at the top of the plateau.

The egg was largely red in its coloration, with a few black stripes around it and a very large white coloration making up much of its top half. Beyond that, the very tip of the egg was incredibly hard, much more so than one would typically come to expect...

Do you take this egg?

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 03-12-2022, 10:17 PM   #33
Sneaze
Mrow?

Quote:
Crimson Delta: The Rocky Coast and Nature Trails have warped together to create a swampy marsh that leads out to the sea. Countless rivers cut through the swamps and marshes, creating difficult terrain. Though the soil here is extremely fertile, so rare water plants and sprawling grain fields line the small islands. please reply in lightslategray
Taking the ferry to Springtide Isle for the first time was a bit of an anxious affair for Allison. Where would she go in this strange new place affected so heavily by these temporal distortions? She just wasn't sure. After a bit of thought, she decided that she would go to whatever area best suited the friend she would be bringing along, and with a lack of riding time as of late, Nolon the Girafarig was the Pokemon to make the cut.

This was perhaps not the greatest of ideas, as the poor Girafarig was frequently more anxious than Allison was ever even capable of becoming, a trait that caused no end of trouble as he immediately lost it upon seeing he was on a ferry trapped at sea. The anxiety only built as he sat and watched the isle roll up in the distance, and Allison knew exactly what was to come as soon as the ferry made port. Jumping onto the Girafarig she prepared for the worst, and the moment the ferry's gates opened Nolon was off like a shot.

It took all the energy Allison had to steer the Pokemon away from the less Girafarig friendly areas, and while she wasn't sure at first where she would end up, the sight of the upcoming swampy mud before her gave pretty clear warning. At least here Nolon could wander to his heart's content while she searched.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 03-12-2022, 10:26 PM   #34
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lilligant They say a kitch-en time saves nine, but I'm just saving two

Quote:
Yuki-

Thanking the egg for its knowledge, your Lilligant leads the group from the grove to the delta. The much more swampy environment may hold the key to what you were looking for. Though, for now, you stumble on another egg on top of a mound of sludge. Surrounded by peat, the bright orange egg is a sharp contrast to the environment before it. The only other major identifier is a cream-color crescent moon towards the top of the egg, though flipped so the tips are facing upwards. It felt awfully familiar. Though... you had a feeling this was your final decision, and you may be stuck with your next egg.

Do you take the egg?
As the party approached the swamplands, the group had to take even more care not to get grime on their bodies, with Lilac hiking her skirt even higher to wade through the marsh. While Iris fussed over her fiancé's comfort and clothes (admittedly perhaps somewhat distracted by lack of the latter), the Leavanny failed to look where she herself was going and tripped over a round object jutting out from the soil, landing face-first in the dirt. She lifted and spat in indignation while Lilac hid an amused grin behind her leaf, as Jess bent down to inspect the intrusion. It was in fact, another Egg - one that felt rather familiar, judging by the lunar markings on its surface. The symbol began to glow softly, brightening to Lila's presence. So she placed a palm atop again and focused, letting premonition take hold.

She saw the being from before, atop her gallant and noble steed as they arrived at what appeared to be a large, looming cave entrance. Disembarking with the basket of black beads, she bid goodbye to her companion before bravely marching forth into the darkness. An ominous roar bellowed as a great big bear with a mottled pelt of brown, gray, and gold charged forth from the shadows, nearly knocking her to the ground. He stopped short however and merely licked his guest's face in greeting, who giggled in response to such welcoming reception.

Setting the container down, she began retrieving baubles to grind up into grains within a makeshift mortar and pestle, crushing the pellets to a fine powder. Adding other rare, exotic herbs - including a few precious petals from her own crown - and some rather... "bizarre" ingredients to mix together, before brewing the bowl over a firepit to concoct a mysterious potion. She offered the tonic to the creature, who sniffed curiously before lapping up the entire basin with glee. Soon he gave a wide yawn as the sleeping spell gradually took hold, thus the groggy grizzly padded over to a pile of leaves and plopped down, curling up into a warm ball to hibernate for winter.

Happy to have helped her friend fall deep into dreamland with ease, she dared not disturb but lightly blessed the peacefully dozing bear with a kiss goodnight, before tiptoeing back to the wicker pack. Once filled to the brim, the vessel now lay empty on its side... Or so she thought, until she tilted the case and a single missed marble came tumbling out, rolling slowly to a stop. Only instead of pitch night, the sphere resembled the color of a rich peach. It squeaked in startled terror as it trembled, cowering with fear that it was about to be served like its "brethren" as a snack to the beast.

The lady simply shook her head and smiled, scooping up the scared seedling to place safely on her shoulder with a pat, letting it ride by her side as she returned home to the ridge high above the sea...

As the image faded, Lilac peered down at the seed in her hand and saw it starting to shake and hum, as if picking up on a strong signal from nearby. The Egg seemed to stir in reply, moonlight pulsing in rapid flashes as if begging not to be left behind. Lila nodded in understanding that while they were not the ones meant to meet, their interests aligned as such a potential candidate was possibly close by, and promised to bring it along on their quest. Jess was a bit more puzzled by the request, requiring translation for full context; but agreed it would be for the best to move the delicate treasure to a more secure location, so as to prevent further accidents resultant in damage to either party. So she carefully extracted the Egg from the muck, wiping it down gently with a cloth before bundling it up to carry with them for now, in search of a more suitable spot to rest.

Following their green guide as the kernel grew increasingly warmer, they soon came upon a lone berry tree - and beneath it, a rosy Egg resembling a fallen fruit itself at first. However it seemed they weren't the first to discover it either, as to Jessica's surprise there was a well-dressed gentleman standing there along with what appeared to be a sentient mound of earth beside, yet so charred in color like ashes of soot instead of sand. Jess shuffled sheepishly, feeling extremely awkward given their grubby appearances combined with her lack of courage in speaking to strangers, but nevertheless cleared her throat.

"Er, excuse me, sir, pardon the interruption- but my friend and I are following a magic bean to try and find her family, and it led us here... You wouldn't happen to have seen anyone like her around?"

She gestured clumsily at the Lilligant, forcing herself to directly regard the dignified fellow in the face despite how silly she realized her words sounded. As she stared at the man's slightly sunken, bluish skin tone though - pristine aura giving a vaguely piscine impression - something struck her as oddly nostalgic about his features...

"Sorry, but... Have we met somewhere before?"

OoC - Taking the Egg.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 03-13-2022 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:14 PM   #35
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Rotom "Is it me, or am I getting déjŕ vu from this place?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
blu3shift: The Crimson Delta was far and away not quite what you had expected, a large marshland rather than some simple trail. But despite the vast area you find yourself in, there wasn't much catching your eye as you began to wander throughout. Your trek takes you to the edge of a small pond, however, where you note an egg nestled up in some shrubbery below a tree just nearby.

It was a bit surprising you could even spot the egg, given its hues matched the surrounding so well. Mostly a light green, the bottom of the egg was a soft yet bright yellow, while the very top was the color of the nearby fresh brown soil, with a very small spot of darker green a the very tip...

Do you take this egg?
"Wait, they meant actual eggs?!"

Elijah stared at the egg, its earthy colors providing the perfect camouflage against the vast grasslands of the marsh. It was a wonder that he and his team even found it in the first place, their only clue being Thorn being attracted to it like a magnet. Elijah figured that it was some sort of internal grass type sense—the pastel green that tinted most of its surface definitely made it look like it was laid by some sort of plantlike being.

But that was beside the point. This wasn't some sort of game. Or maybe it was, but he couldn't imagine someone going around an island this vast and scattering actual bonafide Pokémon eggs all over the place—or even worse, they were taking these eggs away from the families that raised them! They couldn't just hire anyone without taking a wild Pokémon's own sovereignty into account, could they?!

Elijah remembered the gig that he got not even a few hours after he landed in Fizzytopia. I guess they do, he surmised.

"Guess so," Ion answered, turning to Thorn. "Never too late for a new team member! She's totally into that egg, anyway." Thorn followed up Ion's "translation" with a quick, sharp rustle.

"She also says that if I keep mincing her words then she'll cut me up beyond recognition," the Rotom sighed. "Anyway, I'm pretty sure that you're looking at a Turtwig egg."

"A Turtwig?" Elijah stuttered. This was thankfully one of the Pokémon not from his home region of Unova that he at the very least knew a little about, although it was mostly from the sheer amount of tourism ads that bombarded him on one of the few occasions that he went downtown. "I mean, doesn't everyone in Sinnoh have one of those?"

"No, you don't understand, Turtwigs are rare. Don't you know about Starter Pokémon? Pretty sure they don't even exist in the wild. In fact, let me look that up for ya."

The Rotom Phone's screen went blank. An error message reading "no data" sprawled across its center.

"Still don't know how this thing works. Can't even get a single bar out here," Ion grumbled, their face contorting in an annoyed expression before quickly returning to its usually chipper grin. "Okay, just trust me on this one. They get the ground typing later on which means that electric type moves can't hit 'em. Which makes them the bane of my existence, but, y'know. Maybe one of these days we'll run into something that's both electric and ground—"

"...Like a Stunfisk?"

"Yeah. Stunfisk. Of course."

Elijah and Ion paused awkwardly for a few moments before the former broke the silence. "So, should we take the egg?"

"Yeah."

"But I mean, doesn't this thing have a mother or something?"

"...Looks abandoned to me."

Another pause.

"Fine, I'll take the egg. Plus whatever these odd Poké Ball lookin' things are," Elijah eventually resolved, picking up two objects off of the ground, one slightly more worn than the other. They almost looked like Poké Balls, but seemed to be crafted out of stone and the discarded shell of some sort of fruit, sealed with an iron clasp instead of a regular button. "Sure hope I'm making the right decision."

———

sure I'll take the egg. what's the worst that could happen
Old 03-12-2022, 11:40 PM   #36
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:
Lil'twick: Climbing through the Celestica Mountain was proving nothing short of a hike, with various peaks and valleys to explore, all dotted with ruins throughout. And yet, for quite some time, little stood out to catch your interest. That is until you find yourself passing through a small ruin with a couple of broken statues, and spot a somewhat spherical object nestled in between some crates.

The egg didn't really look like much at first glance, a soft grey thing the entire way across, but getting a better look at it reveals a large purple splotch on its front, with a bright yellow dot at its center...

Do you take this egg?
Ethan paused for a second, seeing the egg. It was unique, and something he had never seen before. He could feel a calling... to take the egg. Yet, deep in his heart, he knew that someone else was destined for a Pokemon like this. Temptation, for sure, was something he was learning to deal with. He had overpowered his temptation to go back to his halcyon days at Floccessy, so this was something easy enough to overcome.

"May you find your trainer soon," he told the egg and got up to leave.

Walking away from the strange egg, he gazed out. He could see others here now, partaking in the hunt. There were many places where he could go, but he felt the call of the mountain in his heart. There was something here for him, he could feel it. Besides, the view was more than enough to allow him to reflect on things.

All of this, a simplistic egg hunt, could be more than enough for him. GO in, get a Pokemon, and go out. Yet... he could feel that perhaps there was more within these ruins for him. It was kinda funny seeing how much influence the past had on the present, even though it was well... said and done. He could still feel the pull, despite being freed from those past obligations.

"Devils and Eldritch Horrors... What a mess. I'm sure that the boy I was created from had no clue that this was everyone's fate. Perhaps, he just wished to live a simple life with William," the trainer mused, thinking about his now Lampent. He started to walk down the mountain.

"And well, Leo has truly become his past. That is who he is. Was always a part of him and something that couldn't be removed," he then continued, to the trainer he lived with and considered his closest friend. "Maybe things would've worked out for us, under different circumstances. But, the same toxicity would've arisen as my relationship with Avery."

The Pokemon Breeder he spent a few years within Floccessy. Helping out on the ranch, living a rather idyllic life, and tending to the Mareep. Anila, the Mareep gifted to him, was the granddaughter of the electric sheep he helped Avery catch. She too needed to be trained up. As was most of his squad.

Arriving at the base of the mountain, he looked up. He had spent so long looking around the middle that perhaps this change of scenery would give him a different advantage entirely. He shook his head, hoping that he might find something he could call a friend here.

"Once this is said and done, I'll set out once more. Perhaps I should visit the ruins of the Typhon's Depths? Horrors lurk beneath the waves after all... Or maybe go deep within that glacier with Kyle. I'm sure the prince in yellow would finally appreciate a contract being done. Or see if I can track down that devil," he pondered. "Well, wherever I go, I've awoken from that false dream put on me. I am who I am, someone who isn't truly human. But, that won't stop me from being the strongest trainer. I'll champion this region, no matter what."

WIth restrengthened resolve, Ethan set out once more to look for an egg.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-13-2022, 12:13 AM   #37
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Heather: Cleaning up the beaches at Cobalt Harbor proves to be a time-consuming task, and despite having been told that eggs were hidden all over, it takes quite a bit before you see anything of even remote interest. That is, until you are moving some rocks out of the way and end up picking something up that is decidedly not another rock.

It's no wonder you nearly made a mistake, as the egg was entirely grey at first glance, but as you reposition it, a singular large white circle can be found on its front. With no other markings to go off of, this is quite a strange find...

Do you take this egg?
Catharine had been growing weary. Despite her and Clarisse’s efforts, they hadn’t come across a single Egg yet. That was, until Catharine picked up what should have been a rock as she and Clarisse were clearing what looked like the remains of some rockfall from the beach. Should have been, as in actuality, it decidedly did not feel like a rock.

“Oh!” Catharine said as she picked it up. “This…is an Egg?” she said, seeming quite clearly confused at the strangely simplistic Egg. The patterning on the shell was so simplistic that Catharine couldn’t tell what exactly the Egg might hold. But one thing was for certain: this Egg wasn’t related to the Pokémon that had caught her interest.

“Is that the one you’re looking for, do you think?” Clarisse asked, and boy, Catharine still had to get used to her deeper voice.

“No, I don’t think so. It’s not even the right color, if my information is right. Still, the beach is pretty much clean at this point…we’re not likely going to find it by keeping up like this, I don’t think.” Catharine replied, putting the Egg down before it got any ideas. “Where else would we find it, though? Actually going in the water would be a little extreme…”

“Maybe wherever it’s favorite food is?” Clarisse suggested.

“Hmm…my source did mention offerings being made to one…” Catharine said, getting out her P★DA and navigating back to the pages she’d dug up before coming out here. “As I thought…the actual contents of the offerings are super vague, except for one thing-they were flavored by the Dark Pulse of a Dusclops.” she read. “…we can’t exactly do that.” she admitted, with a sigh.

“Does it say anything else that could help?” Clarisse asked.

“Let me see…supposedly, it evolves…wait, if it’s an evolved Pokémon, then we’d be looking for an Egg of what this thing evolved from! Let me see if this says any more…” Catharine said, eyes flying as she intently scanned her P★DA for information. “Aha!” she said suddenly. “It says here that the surviving records of this Pokémon indicate that it’s base form was notoriously skittish, usually prone to fleeing at the mere sight of a person. So we’re looking for an Egg of a Pokémon that likes to hide itself from people a lot. We have to start looking in some more remote places, probably ones that humans can’t get to easily. And for that, some help is in order.” Catharine said, before bringing out and releasing the inhabitants of two Poke Balls. Before her on the sand, her Farfetch’d and Chimecho materialized.

“What’s u-WAAAAH!” Laura squawked as she caught sight of Clarisse. “What happened!? Is that you, Clarisse!?” the Farfetch’d demanded.

“Yep! Not sure why I got this big, but I’m not complaining.” Clarisse said.

“Yet. I’m not sure if the ceilings back home are tall enough for you. And if any of my other Pokémon are going to suddenly spring up that high, I better think about making sure they are…” Catharine said. “Trio, I didn’t even think of that! Ughhh…” she groaned.

“Catharine? Need me?” Isabelle chimed in, bringing her Trainer’s train of thought firmly back on the rails.

“Right! Laura, Isabelle, the Egg I’m looking for is supposedly of a very skittish Pokemon, so our working theory is that it’ll be someplace really hard for humans to reach. I need you both to look around in high or remote places, and report back when you find something, alright?”

“Got it!” Laura said, making…as best of a salute as a bird could, before flying off.

“Okay!” Isabelle said, floating off in another direction.

“…so what do we do?” Clarisse asked.

“I’m surprised you don’t already know.” Catharine said, gesturing her head towards what would have likely been the source of the rockfall they had just been clearing, a large rock wall. “We climb.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 03-13-2022, 10:38 AM   #38
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Zelphon: It's not long after beginning your trek that you realize that the area is fairly barren. While the peaks provide a glorious view, and the mountain is dotted with the debris of temples and ruins, there isn't much to be found at all here. That is, until the sight of a small egg atop a cliffside catches your eye.

The egg seems fairly plain, aside from one obvious detail, a large grey stripe that curls itself around the egg in a spiraling pattern all the way from the bottom to the top, ending in a large white spot at the very top...

Do you take this egg?

As the trio climbs up the relatively barren path the lack of visual stimuli gradually eats away at their enthusiasm for the journey, thankfully this drudgery is soon broken as they come across a strange-looking egg with intricate spiraling patterns across its surface.

Approaching Marietta looks around and notes a lack of nearby caretakers for the wayward child to be. Tempted to save it from early isolation she ponders the idea of simply taking the egg before deciding against it.

"I'm afraid not child of mystery, this one feels a strange pull of fate coming from you that we are not yet comfortable with. Pray take care of yourself and let thine isolation strengthen your desire for a better life.

Turning her back to the egg, Marietta motions to her companions to follow as she resumes climbing towards the top. Tilting his the Machop continues carrying their friend in hand and moves along.

Old 03-13-2022, 12:15 PM   #39
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Raves-

Searching through the shipwrecks, you scan around for anything of value. You were here under one mission, to find something of worth. If that was material goods, so be it, if it was a Pokemon of exceptional value, then that would also prove worth. Whatever the case, as long as you fulfilled your brief, that was a satisfying conclusion.

SO, making your way through the ships, you notice a pale blue egg with two white ovals just above its center. Then, a stark contrast as a dark blue, almost "cape" patterning covers the top, and most of the back of the egg. This cape comes down with two half-circles just above the ovals, and seems to be an egg of relative import due to its prestine condition within the wreckage.

Do you take the egg?
Amidst the flotsam and broken boards of the ship, her brow furrowed. Some old coinage here, of value to collectors certainly, but worthless. Over there, a reasonably sturdy set of sailmaking equipment, not too useful either given the caking of corrosion on them. Ducking under a doorway, she found some old crates, one of which seemed to be padded, and nestled within...an egg.

She shook her head. By the surroundings, this was clearly the hold for precious cargo, and the reality of things was that many pokemon eggs located in these such areas were pedigree, bred for either shows or sports, and the parents of such offspring likely had never encountered an iota of hardship in their lives. The egg itself seemed to reflect upon this, with an almost noble air around it, and while there would be those who would be keen to jump on something so rare, it wasn't of value to her, and so she left the egg be.

Another hour of searching the ship carefully led to no fungible rewards of such, and the layout of the vessels wrecked meant they were likely traders, so she abandoned the search around the wrecks and instead chose to continue her hunt in a slightly different spot, more towards the rockier side of the beaches, where the sight of wreckage was seldom.
Old 03-14-2022, 05:32 PM   #40
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Gemini Spark: The Cobalt Harbor was a pretty simple looking place, a large beach with not much going for it save for the size of it all. Beyond the beach itself, there were a number of islands, including one that appeared to be an active volcano, as well as a large cliff face splitting the beach in two. Your search up and down the shores found near nothing for a time, until a short trip to the top of the cliff provide proper results, an egg nestled up next to a tree at the top of the plateau.

The egg was largely red in its coloration, with a few black stripes around it and a very large white coloration making up much of its top half. Beyond that, the very tip of the egg was incredibly hard, much more so than one would typically come to expect...

Do you take this egg?
Lots of small islands to see, none of them with anything of value, at least not from where Hyrem and Leila could see them. He didn't bring a Pokemon with Surf, so there was no going to those islands anyway. Maybe climbing up that cliffside would prove helpful? "Wow, there's a whole other side of the area, and more islands and another beach too!" said Hyrem as he climbed to the top, Leila having reached it much faster than her trainer and sniffing around for... whatever it was she sensed earlier.

It definitely smelled stronger up here as she followed the scent over to the edge of the cliff, a lone tree marking the end, and Hyrem followed her to the tree where a single egg resided. "Ah, that explains it, you've got food on the brain again!" Hyrem chuckled as he headed toward the egg to get a closer look, with his Weavile beating him to it and scooping it up, showing it off but also starting to drool over it, her intentions plenty clear. "Hold on...where have I seen this pattern before?" Now that he was closer, he could see the small black stripes on the red half of the egg, that part being familiar, with the white, creamy top half being the unfamiliar part of the egg, especially as Leila attempted to sink her fangs into the shell with absolutely no success whatsoever. "Uh Leila? I don't think you should be eating that..." he warned as he watched her continue to hold that egg, still unable to get her teeth through that shell...

{This is a keep!}

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 03-14-2022, 11:00 PM   #41
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat " Cold, Ever so cold..."

The egg shook slightly, trying to find a warm space within the ever cold-lasting Iceland. All it took was one little movement, and then suddenly the egg fell softly to one side. "Not warm enough"
Another shudder and the egg started to roll to the side.

Tumbling down like a tumbleweed, a small soft pink colored egg rolled its way out of a nest and rolled down a hill, landing by your feet within a few minutes of it leaving its nest. It appeared to have silver markings that looked oddly like aluminum foil...

What would you do with this?

Jahotsafits
Floating down the river in a makeshift boat, a small egg bobbed up and down within the stream, light green with red and blue oval markings at the top of the egg made it an odd sight to see floating down a river stream, especially given most pokemon that lay eggs have a tendency to keep all of the clutches together within the same brood.

How this egg got here, well perhaps the egg was knocked astray from the watchful eyes of its parents, however, it had to have been a hillside nest next to the river, or nearby as no egg would just randomly be lain within the water, baring of course fish pokemon.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 03-15-2022, 07:12 AM   #42
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
[color=paleturquoise]

Jahotsafits
Floating down the river in a makeshift boat, a small egg bobbed up and down within the stream, light green with red and blue oval markings at the top of the egg made it an odd sight to see floating down a river stream, especially given most pokemon that lay eggs have a tendency to keep all of the clutches together within the same brood.

How this egg got here, well perhaps the egg was knocked astray from the watchful eyes of its parents, however, it had to have been a hillside nest next to the river, or nearby as no egg would just randomly be lain within the water, baring of course fish pokemon.

Bobert sees this strange floating egg and becomes concerned about it picking it up and asking lumina to more the vessel off to the side. after rummaging through his bag he calls out for Puck, shinobi, and Noka. he sends his pokemon out to try and find where the egg came from up the river in the meantime having lumina create a makeshift nest as he did not want to care for this egg but wanted to keep is safe. if his pokemon returned without identifying the nest then he would place it in a shady place away from the water so that it would go on another sailing adventure before wandering further into the swamp once his friends were placed back in their balls.
Old 03-15-2022, 12:08 PM   #43
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat " Cold, Ever so cold..."

The egg shook slightly, trying to find a warm space within the ever cold-lasting Iceland. All it took was one little movement, and then suddenly the egg fell softly to one side. "Not warm enough"
Another shudder and the egg started to roll to the side.

Tumbling down like a tumbleweed, a small soft pink colored egg rolled its way out of a nest and rolled down a hill, landing by your feet within a few minutes of it leaving its nest. It appeared to have silver markings that looked oddly like aluminum foil...

What would you do with this?

A movement from his left shoulder alerted Cy just before he saw the egg rolling towards him. He stepped back, allowing it to gently roll to a stop in the snow.

"That's... convenient." He noted warily, eyeing the surroundings suspiciously.

Not to worry, my friend. Wurmple said. This is the only living aura around that isn't us, as far as I can tell. Cy glanced down as Wurmple poked his head out of Cy's coat, getting a better look at the egg that now lay before them. Something about this aura is familiar, though...

"So... Guess our job here is done. That was easy." Cy shrugged and bent down to pick up the egg, but Wurmple shook his head. Don't be so hasty. This egg... You're familiar with Burmy, yes?

"Of course," Cy said, bemused. "I have one, after all."

If my reading is correct, this egg contains a Burmy just like yours. That would hardly be something we'd wish to take. Wurmple observed flatly.

"I suppose, yeah. But we can't just leave it out here, right? That'd be cruel." Cy replied. He looked down at the egg that was now rocking back and forth softly.

Cy, dear Trainer, do you ever think things through? Wurmple chuckled. The egg glowed with faint blueish energy as he hoisted it out of Cy's hands and floated it back the way it came. Eggs must come from somewhere, after all. I doubt the ones who laid it and made the nest it resides in would simply leave it to die. Cy pondered this as the egg drifted out of his view. "Does that make us thieves, if these Eggs have families?"

Far more capable minds than us have debated that very question for decades, my friend. Wurmple said. For now, let us move on. Surely, there is more around this area than just Burmy. Wurmple retreated back into the folds of Cy's coat, sending his psychic energy out to read their surroundings once more. Cy stared off in the direction the Burmy egg had disappeared in for a second longer, then shook himself and trudged onwards.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 03-15-2022, 07:51 PM   #44
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

A voice from the past echoes loud like a drum.

Quote:
Marion Ette

Stepping onto the soil of the island, you reassure your Shadow Sandyghast that this was for new beginnings. Not for the boring tales of yesteryear, no! A merry enjoyment in this time-warped island, and a brand new friend that would more than help assist with that. An so, you begin your search.

And low and behold you find something! Nestled beneath a berry tree, you find a bright, cherry pink egg with a dark magenta stripe running through the middle in a v-shape. At the top is a green, almost stem-like pattern that connects to a smaller pink circle on the side of the egg, with a similar pattern as the main part of the egg. You feel that this is the first of many potential friends here...

Do you take the egg?
Bedivere's grin widens at the sight of the cherry-colored egg, chuckling with delight. Setting the gift basket of algae down a few feet away from the egg with a respectful bow, he takes to one knee to inspect what he's discovered. "Just as I suspected... The true reason for the Lord of Springtide's call lies here before us."

Leith gives the egg a quick, disinterested glance before reaching for some berries. Too close to hatching. Would give me indigestion, the Sandygast comments darkly.

"Oh~?" Bedivere turns to Leith, quick and attentive. "How close would you say?"

Measured in moments, Leith remarks, handfuls of berries phasing into her shadowy form one after the other.

"Again... as I suspected," Bedivere remarks, reaching out to the egg reassuringly. "I shall be ever so pleased to welcome your arri-"

Before the eerie gentleman can finish his statement, the sound of approaching footsteps rouses him from his position. With a friendly wave to the egg-carrying trainer and her pair of elegant grass types, it takes practically no time at all for him to realize that the woman's face is a familiar one, indeed. Perhaps it was foolish of him to expect to escape the past when he was literally exploring a time distortion, but at least the trainer who found him is one associated with happy memories. No matter how silly her reason for being there might have sounded to others, Bedivere regards Jess' explanation with sincere interest and respect, as one should regard the words of a dear friend, taking a moment to consider the Liligant. With a nod, he steps aside, motioning for Leith to do the same.

"I have not seen anyone quite like your lovely companion, no... And yet, I sense some strange similarity from the presence within this egg I have recently come across. Whether it is simply similar in type, or something more, I cannot say... Even so, perhaps this egg is somehow related to what you seek...?"

Bedivere bows respectfully, grinning at Jess' question. "Ah, yes... Lady Jessica. I doubt you would have met my dear Leith," he says, motioning to his Shadow Sandygast, "But you and I have met before on multiple occasions, though it was years ago, ohohohohoho~" Bedivere grins, getting the sense that his laughter serves sufficiently to confirm his identity - far better even than his own name. "Nimiane still speaks highly of you, as does our dear friend Gadget... And, of course, Lady Marion misses you terribly. I know they all will be delighted and relieved to hear that you are continuing your adventures! I shall have to tell them of our chance meeting, should it please you for me to do so."

With a curious look in his eye, he admires the egg in Jess' arms. "And who might this be...?"

((OOC: Claiming this egg.))
Old 03-18-2022, 08:37 PM   #45
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
ShadowDRGN: Trudging through the Alabaster Arctic brings you through treacherous mountains topped with snow and slick, slippery ice fields, each step seeming more dangerous than the last as the cold winds bite your skin through every protective layer you can muster. But just as all hope of finding, well, anything at all seems lost, a small bit of coloration pops out from the snow.

Approaching the egg, its white top peaks out from the snow a bit, only visible due to the bit of light blue that makes up the bottom half of the egg, at the center of which a soft yellow shape makes its home. Not quite a circle, but close, with a small protrusion of sorts at the bottom...
Though the skies had been clear when he first set out, Hatchley’s trek deeper into the icy mountainscape has brought with it worsening conditions; what started as a light dusting of snow during his tackling of the waterfall climb has now become a full-on storm, as water from the nearby Lake condenses into a thick curtain of snow and mist.

“Ngh. I can’t even see the shore from here...” Hatchley comments to himself, quickly turning away from the howling winds as even his own breath seems intent on blinding him. He wipes away the fog with his wool-bound fingers—not that it does him any good, as the few dozen meters he can see ahead of him offer no guidance on where to go next, whether this way or that way leads off toward the temple, or just straight off a cliff.

Between the growing blizzard and the impairment of his tinted goggles, it’s really no surprise that the Dragon Tamer passes the half-buried egg without having ever noticed it. For all he knows, he’s come all this way without anything to show for it, or even any proof that the Pokemon he’s seeking exists within these frigid wastes.

Even so, the thought of turning back and trying his luck elsewhere doesn’t even cross his mind for a moment. To slide back down that hill empty-handed would be like admitting defeat, and a proper Dragon Tamer doesn’t fold just because they’ve been dealt a bad hand! It’s only natural that he would press on, after all, that’s what Rhinea would do, isn’t it?

Hatchley clenches his fists tightly, making his sister’s determination his own before he’s to plow through an even deeper snowfield than before. Yet, before he can even take one more step, his ears are hit by a strange sound coming from somewhere beyond sight-

Was that someone... laughing just now?

The teen shakes his head, throwing little bits of snow everywhere. It must’ve just been a whistle of the wind, or even a stray Pokemon’s cry, but it didn’t matter; dwelling on it is only stealing time and energy away, when he should be focused on venturing further...

---
Egg shan't be taken, re-rolling for Arctic.
Old 03-19-2022, 12:35 PM   #46
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Okiku-

Passing up on the more modern egg, feeling it didn't hold any clues to what was happening, you continued your search. You soon find yourself in rolling hills, that look to be littered with graves to the lost. WOuld make sense... considering the ruins of the area. Nestled beneath one such grave is a black egg with almost a red pearl "necklace" around it. On the back of the egg, you see little red marks spaced out, as if the ends of hair. Certainly an ominous feeling to it. Though... you had a feeling this was your final decision, and you may be stuck with your next egg.

Do you take the egg?
Continuing the search, Mélina and Indy walked into a graveyard; hills peppered with graves. A sense of dread crawled through the trainer's spine, as goosebumps raised on her skin.

"Well this is sure a happy place," Mélina tried to counter the bleak atmosphere with some snark.

Looking at the graves for any written clues, all were unfortunately unmarked. Nameless. Was it because they were in such a hurry they didn't have time to write on them, or perhaps those laid to rest here couldn't be identified? Neither answers were not something the woman wanted to answer.

While most of them were surrounded with flowers that have grown, one of the burials had something more, sticking out like a sore thumb: a black egg with red spots circling around it was placed at the feet of the grave. While it felt like it was a source of the unease of the area (or perhaps it fed from this feeling?), it certainly wasn't the cause of the distortion.

"Let's get outta here Indy," her voice broke, "I can't stand that place any longer..."

(OOC: Let's go all in the Celestica Mountain boys and girls! Come ooooon RNJesus!)

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
Old 03-20-2022, 01:35 PM   #47
Lil'twick
Insanity

Yuki-

Your Lilligant takes the egg from the muck and decides to take it with you in further search of her family. You soon cross paths with an unknown, yet oddly familiar man, and take a second to greet him. He greets you back with name, a rundown, and then asks about the egg... yet these pleasantries are soon stopped. You both see the Springtime Pyukumuku appear, waving at the both of you before you are both consumed by the distortions.

You find yourself on the beach of the island, the man nearby. You look towards your Lilligant and watch in awe as the egg in her hands soon begins to glow. A small, furry forme soon emerges. You knew it was familiar! You had one! Congratulations, you have hatched a female Teddiursa.

You may post an RP to pick up your Pokemon.

Raves-

Passing on the egg, you begin to further search along the coastline. You find nothing of interest, and down on the luck look out onto the ocean. There, you see a teal egg floating towards the shore. At first, it is a bit hard to make out further details, until the egg nestles against the sand. A bold, teal body, with dark blue, parallel lines on each side of the bottom of the egg. There was then a singular black line that ran across the egg in a weird pattern as if it was to separate gun from barrel. Though... you had a feeling this was your final decision, and you may be stuck with your next egg.

Do you take the egg?

Marion Ette-

Having had the egg examined by your Pokemon, you have decided on standing watch over it until it is hatched. You then see a quite familiar woman come from within the distance and greet her in kind. You start giving her a fast rundown of things as pleasantries before the Springtide Pyukumuku shows up. With a flash, the distortion consumes both of you.

You find yourself on the beach of the island, seeing the lady and her Pokemon off in the distance. You witness the miracle of life as a small, brown bear emerges from an egg in the Lilligant's arms. Looking down, the egg you were watching over was still beneath your feet. It too, glows a brilliant white, and hatches. Bright, cherry red, for a bright, cherry lad. Congratulations, you have hatched a male Cherubi with EMs Healing Wish, Rollout, and Tickle!

OkikuMew-

Feeling uncomfortable in the graveyard, you and your Pokemon soon head out. You eventually find yourselves in some swampy area, and immediately spot an egg "bathing" in the muck. It was yellow, tan, and brown in a camouflage pattern You noticed, though, a giant brown "blowhole" at the top of the egg, and tow similar ones spaced out on the front-facing middle part of the egg.

Blinking, you look at what you had gotten. Quite a large boy, and quite heavy too! Setting down the hippo calf, you see a little bit of sand leak out from its back hole, and it had the camo pattern and all! Congratulations, you have hatched a male Hippopotas with EM Revenge!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-20-2022, 02:28 PM   #48
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Quote:

Raves-

Passing on the egg, you begin to further search along the coastline. You find nothing of interest, and down on the luck look out onto the ocean. There, you see a teal egg floating towards the shore. At first, it is a bit hard to make out further details, until the egg nestles against the sand. A bold, teal body, with dark blue, parallel lines on each side of the bottom of the egg. There was then a singular black line that ran across the egg in a weird pattern as if it was to separate gun from barrel. Though... you had a feeling this was your final decision, and you may be stuck with your next egg.

Do you take the egg?

The plan on searching the rocky coastline was sound, but there was a simple issue for the woman: with the presence of eggs as they were, it would be a fool's errand to scour the most easily exposed areas for signs of life. Indeed, what few points of interest in this particular spot would have garnered the attention of other pokemon, and there was indeed evidence of eggs. The fact they were in pieces with the innards sucked dry of course meant that the thought was futile at best.

With a sigh and inward cursing at herself for such vain thoughts, she looked out towards the ocean, only to spot something floating towards her. It was indeed another egg, though she furrowed her brow upon closer inspection. Something about the egg put her off, whether it was the fallacy of a waterborne egg somehow surviving predation for this long, or the very air around the object seeming to suggest something a little more towards it being a creature based on technology she would not dare touch. The woman watched the egg bob around for a few more seconds before ultimately turning away from it. Any pokemon who laid an egg of this sort with no protection of any form was not a pokemon she was willing to harbour in any way, shape or form. The coast so far had seemed a dead end, yet she was determined that there was gold in these there waters, and so she pondered the best place to find something.

The shipwrecks had been long pillaged and held only offspring who would scoff at the lifestyle she held, and the coast was an evolutionary dead end where only the weak and infirm resided. Thus, she stared out at the waters, and towards the smaller islands. Out of immediate reach of the terrestrial monsters, and unpleasant for the oceanic beasts...it was that moment as the sun slowly began its descent that she commandeered a small boat someone had carelessly left behind and began to work the oars, to search amidst the smaller more isolated islands for something of worth.
Old 03-20-2022, 02:56 PM   #49
Lil'twick
Insanity

Raves-

Deciding this egg wasn't worth it, you decide to take to the seas instead. Using a makeshift boat, you row your way onto the small islands off the coast. Shoring up, you see a large berry tree growing out of this small island. Beneath it was a maroon egg with a white, segmented underside, and two yellow protruding spike patterns at the bottom and back of the egg.

Looking down, you see a small, sleeping bug curled up in your arms. While decidedly not strong, nor very rare, it had something nothing else did: warmth. You hear its little snores as it happily sleeps within your arms. Congratulations, you have hatched a female Wurmple!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-20-2022, 03:22 PM   #50
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Quote:
Raves-

Deciding this egg wasn't worth it, you decide to take to the seas instead. Using a makeshift boat, you row your way onto the small islands off the coast. Shoring up, you see a large berry tree growing out of this small island. Beneath it was a maroon egg with a white, segmented underside, and two yellow protruding spike patterns at the bottom and back of the egg.

Looking down, you see a small, sleeping bug curled up in your arms. While decidedly not strong, nor very rare, it had something nothing else did: warmth. You hear its little snores as it happily sleeps within your arms. Congratulations, you have hatched a female Wurmple!

It took notable effort of sorts, but she eventually made landfall on one of the islets, and gave a quick look around to find that it was literally barren rock. The other island nearby however seemed to support a single solitary tree, and so she ventured to said tree, figuring that with its boughs and position it would be ideal for any valuable egg.

At its foot sat a small egg, two-toned in colour with some small pointy obtrustions on top and below. Before she could made any move, or search for anything else, some unusual small bloblike creature spontaneously appeared, deposited the egg into her arms and vanished as she suddenly blinked to find herself outside the unusual area, wondering what just hit her. Her confusion gave way very quicly as a glow from her arms catches her eye, the egg already hatching to reveal its occupant to be...

A Wurmple.

One of the world's most common pokemon, known as a prey species for many fledgling pokemon, to the point that only the smartest and luckiest survived to adulthood. Given how soundly this one snoozed, and the nature of her lifestyle, there was no doubt in her mind what the decision was. As she made to place the bug down in some inconspicuous location to give it a slightly higher chance of making it through the night, she paused. Yes, this critter held little value to her, but merely abandoning it, especially in sight of a couple of onlookers, would only tarnish what reputation she had.

She didn't like the idea of it too much, but perhaps she would find someplace a tad bit safer than the middle of nowhere for this bug to live, even if it meant pawning it off to some random, wanna-be-the-very-best trainer sorts.

---

Picking up this wurm in one of my many pokeballs, with thanks for the event.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records