UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 01-05-2020, 04:43 PM   #1
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Aegislash The Campus of the Tech and Psychic (Jake Celeste's Secret Base)

Welcome to the CTP!

The Campus of the Tech and Psychic, a.k.a. the CTP, is really not a campus at all. Jake Celeste's then-rich family bought the old, unused university and converted it into a dazzling piece of land that could be mistaken for an actual university! That is, if people saw it. The CTP, like other Secret Bases, is on a secluded part of Fizzytopia's east coast, and only those who have friendly intents can come. Normally, Jake's parents are studying or conducting experiments in the center of the Laba (LAH-bah) Dome's underground, the main location. (DO NOT DISTURB) The door to that area is usually locked, but the aboveground "lobby" is always open!
You won't find Kate, Jake's sister two years younger than him*, anywhere in the CTP, though. She's on a Pokémon journey of her own back in Sinnoh, the region where she and Jake grew up.

The CTP is very much still in development. Please be patient!

Locations:

Laba Dome
This giant building is where Jake is most of the time. It's much bigger than it looks on the outside, because most of it is underground. It includes a huge lobby, a game room, a laboratory, private housing (the part that is common with all houses), and more! Basically, whatever you want, this giant dome has got it!
Ships and boats that dock at the CTP see the Laba Dome right away. Anyone who leaves their boat and walks along the dock will be led to a path leading straight to the Laba Dome. You can't miss it! But, if you do not wish to go inside the Laba Dome, there is plenty more to enjoy.

Pokémon Diorama Museum
This is a 3D encyclopedia—literally! Made from the old university building, the Pokémon Diorama Museum (PDM) has life-size models of almost every single Pokémon discovered! They're put in glass display cases, of course. Each hall has tens to hundreds of Pokémon models, and each evolution line is put in its own display case. (Except for the Wurmple line. That line is split into two display cases, one holding a Wurmple, Silcoon, and Beautifly, and the other holding a Wurmple, Cascoon, and Dustox.) The Pokédex entries for the respective Pokémon are also displayed in front of the glass cases. There are eight main sections of this diverse museum: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, and Galar. The Galar section is still under construction, however. Admission is free!
(There is a helipad on the roof.)

Palossand Stadium (not a live Pokémon)
This is where all the battling takes place. Back when the CTP was still a university, this was the most active place on the campus, as hundreds of students flocked to the Palossand Stadium every day to watch tournaments take place. Sometimes, battling classes would also be held. Now, since Jake's family owns the place, all guests are welcome to have a friendly battle with Jake or someone else, on a mostly vacant battlefield. Many terrains can be fit on this stadium, such as all-water, rocky, grass, or just a plain dirt battlefield.

Other Battlefields
Self-explanatory. These battlefields are scattered all around the campus, and most battling classes used to be held here when the CTP was a university. Jake uses them for Pokémon training, and can battle guests on one of these battlefields if said guests so choose! (Usually for the more casual feeling of these battlefields.) All of the battlefields outside of the Palossand Stadium are simple dirt battlefields.

Hangar of Flight (and Runway of Flight)
The Hangar of Flight, often shorted to just "hangar", stores most of the Celestes' aerial vehicles. While separate rooms are set aside for the smaller aircrafts, the Aero Lugenta is smack in the center of the hangar, in the largest space, ready to fly at any time (unless, of course, it needs fuel).

Spectral Forest
The Spectral Forest, on the edges of the property, holds many wild Pokémon who live there. Pokémon of all types can be found, but most notably Ghost-types. It's generally peaceful, though sometimes ghostly shrieks can be heard echoing through the trees. That's when Jake goes in to investigate. The Pokémon don't hurt him.

More areas coming soon!

Miscellaneous:

Skarmorix
This is the Celeste helicopter, colored after the Steel- and Flying-type Skarmory. It has a silver sheen, with red propeller blades. (The big propeller blades are silver on the top.) The Skarmorix usually rests on the PDM helipad. (For more information about the Skarmorix, see this post.)
Spoiler: show

This is a placeholder picture until I can find a more accurate depiction.

Aero Lugenta
This is the Celeste airplane, modeled after a shiny Lugia. The plane resembles an enlarged shiny Lugia spreading its wings, and the body of the Aero Lugenta holds 38 passengers. The Aero Lugenta resides in the hangar.
(Lugenta = "Lugia" + "Magenta", get it?)

RPing in the Campus of the Tech and Psychic is now allowed! Come and enjoy your stay!

*Kate Celeste's birthday is May 2nd. Irrelevant info, but I wanted to make note of it.

Last edited by Zorchic; 11-29-2022 at 05:28 PM.
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:40 PM   #2
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Lucario The Second of Jake's Pokémon Trades

It was a nice day on the CTP, specifically, uuuunnderground in the Laba Dome where the normal Celeste residence was located. This part of the CTP was closed to visitors, and Jake Celeste was sitting at his desk in his (bed)room. He took his Pokédex out—a green and blue Sinnoh Pokédex—and plugged it into his computer. With his inhabited Pokéballs resting next to the computer as he worked, Jake opened up the GTS (Global Trade Station).

How cool would it be to have a Riolu or Lucario! Jake thought. After all, someone like him who was training to be an Aura Guardian should have an Emanation or Aura Pokémon to relate to. He typed up a request for a Riolu/Lucario on the GTS. It was little known that Jake was a fairly optimistic guy. He had barely any doubts that someone would come through for him.

Soon, a response popped up. Someone named Gary offered to breed his Lucario with one of Jake's Pokémon for Riolu offspring. But on inspection of Gary's profile, Jake realized that this couldn't be done. Gary's Lucario was male, and every single one of Jake's Pokémon was male as well. The Trainer knew that two male Pokémon can't breed. Sorry, he typed.

Fortunately, another gracious Trainer named Austin seemed interested in Jake’s Grookey and asked Jake if he was willing to give it up in exchange for the Trainer’s Lucario.
At first, Jake was doubtful. I haven’t even really interacted with my Grookey yet! one part of him thought.
But another part of him pointed out, Do you want a Lucario or not? This is a once-in-a-(not quite)lifetime offer! You certainly want a Lucario more than you wanted a Grookey, don’t you?
The first part of him conceded. Alright, why not? I’ll go for it!

Jake sent a yes to Austin for the trade, and grabbed Grookey’s Pokéball, a special Green Cyber Ball. Before trading the Chimp Pokémon away, Jake wanted to give some parting words. He sent out the Grass-type.

"Hey there, Grookey!" Jake said cheerfully. The green, orange, yellow and brown Pokémon smiled back and waved his stick playfully.
"I hate to say this," Jake explained, "but I’m gonna have to trade you away. My trade partner said he’s gonna send over a Lucario, and I just couldn’t pass up the chance."

Grookey looked dismayed. "Key?"

"Don’t worry, though!" Jake comforted. "The guy says he collects starter Pokémon, so I can assure you that he will care for you at least as well as I would!"

Grookey brightened. "Key!"

Jake nodded and embraced Grookey in a hug, just as he had done when they first met. “Good luck, friend, with your new Trainer!” said Jake. “I wish upon Jirachi that you’ll have a great time!”

"Grookey!" The Pokémon mustered a giant smile, and, after pulling away from Jake after the hug, drummed up a little beat with his stick. Jake gently pressed his thumb print onto the flat base of the stick, as a reminder of who Grookey’s original Trainer was. One more time, Jake recalled the Galarian starter Pokémon into his Green Cyber Ball.

The Aura Guardian-in-training tapped a few buttons on his computer, and it converted into a full-fledged trading machine. When Jake opened up the trade offer, a hologram of a Luxury Ball appeared on one of the Pokéball slots. The trade, and Austin, were just awaiting his input.
"Before I change my mind…" Jake put Grookey’s Green Cyber Ball onto the other Pokéball slot and pressed a few buttons. "Initiate trade!"

The trading machine whirred to life, transferring the respective Pokéballs to their new Trainers. The silhouettes of Grookey and Lucario were displayed on the screen, and then switched places as the Pokéballs were exchanged using the machine’s complex mechanism. After more shifting and whirring from the trading machine, the sound finally faded as the trade was completed. Now, the Luxury Ball was actually there, while the Green Cyber Ball had become a hologram.

When Jake took the Luxury Ball out of the machine, the Green Cyber Ball’s hologram flickered for a bit, before finally disappearing. The Trainer stared at the Luxury Ball that was in his hand, knowing it held Lucario, before converting the trading machine back into a computer. He walked out of his room. Jake went up one of the many elevators of the Laba Dome, out of the Celeste residence, to the lobby. (Only one elevator went to and from the residence.) Believe it or not, the lobby was actually the only part of the Laba Dome that was above ground.

Jake sat at one of the many relaxation tables and turned his seat outward, so that it faced away from the table. Then, he sent out his new Lucario.

Upon being sent out, Lucario let out a mighty cry before turning and facing Jake. Greetings! You must be my new Trainer. The Aura Pokémon's words, which were just plain telepathical words, came sharp and clear.

"Yes, I am," Jake smiled. "I'm Jake Celeste, and I'm from Sinnoh! I'm training to be an Aura Guardian. You think you could guide me on my journey? I've always wanted a Lucario friend."

Of course, Lucario answered. That's every owned Pokémon's goal in life, right? To help their Trainers. So of course I'll help you. He bowed for effect.
And I know a lot of useful moves, he bragged, sitting down.

~~~

After telling Lucario about his life...Jake checked the time. "Oh, wow, how time flies," he remarked. "Well, I'm afraid I can't stay here anymore, Lucario. But you've been so great today! I can tell we're going to become second-best buddies."

Second best? Lucario chuckled. Who's the first?

"That would be Buizel," replied Jake. "C'mon, let's see the rest of my Pokémon, back in my own room. They'll sure get along with you!"

With a fist bump, Jake and his new Aura Pokémon headed into the elevator and pressed the button for the Celeste residence. They were going to go to Jake's room and have fun with the rest of Jake's Pokémon!

With that, the elevator door closed.

And that's that for the backstory of Jake's second trade!

Last edited by Zorchic; 01-07-2020 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:44 PM   #3
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

It was a beautiful day, out on the Sea of Fizzytopia. Bright sky, calm water, the occasional cawing of Wingull soaring... it was a perfect day for a voyage, and who better to verify that than a guy with a boat?

Across the calm, peaceful ocean, a large wooden boat moved leisurely forward. She would have easily passed for an old-fashioned sailing ship if it had any masts, sails, and rigging. Also a propeller in the stern was what moved the boat forward. Above this point, painted on the stern in red lettering was the words "Banette's Revenge". And standing at the helm, decked out in his usual outfit, complete with Mega Hat, was none other than Keith Masters. On his shoulder was a Meowth, who bore a somewhat distracted look on his face. "Ahh," Keith grinned. "Beautiful day."

"Yeah," Meowth mumbled in response.

Keith glanced over at Meowth for a moment. "Still hung up on this, huh?" he said gently. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It'll be OK, man."

"Yeah, I know," Meowth nodded. "I mean, it ain't like dis came as some huge shock, neitha- dis was mutual on both sides. Just, still..."

Keith nodded understandingly. "It's not something you just get over immediately," he said. "Honestly, man, I think this was the best case scenario. You and Ruby both realized you were better off as friends, and now you get to, y'know, still be friends. Better than the relationship going further and further downhill, y'know?"

"Dat ain't wrong," Meowth shrugged. "Tanks, Keith. I know I'll get ova dis, I just need time."

"You got it," Keith smiled. Then, he called out to a Dusknoir out on the deck. "Peeves!" he called. "Can you take the helm for a moment?"

"Aye aye, captain," the Dusknoir responded in a deadpan sort of way, floating up to where Keith was and taking the steering wheel. This left Keith free to head towards the stern, where his girlfriend was currently standing; Willa Carnet, an aspiring Ace Trainer from Kalos. She held onto the guardrail, looking out into the water directly behind the Banette's Revenge, where a pair of fish Pokémon were swimming. One of them, a Blue-Striped Basculin, was faring much better in the current created by the propeller than the other, a particularly diminutive Magikarp.

"Keep trying, Magikarp!" Willa called down encouragingly as Magikarp fought against the current.

Keith walked up beside Willa. "How's Magikarp doing?" he asked.

"He's getting better, little by little," Willa responded with a small smile. "Pisces seems to be a good teacher for Magikarp, too. I'll be honest, that surprised me- I figured Pisces would try to eat Magikarp."

"Yeah, well, Pisces can be pretty knowledgeable about hunting," Keith shrugged. "Magikarp are all skin and bones, after all- completely inedible, and she knows it. But yeah- she and Magikarp are getting along really well." He joined Willa in looking down at the pair of fish Pokémon as Magikarp fought valiantly. The current, feeble as it was, kept pushing Magikarp back, but he didn't give up at all, continually trying to swim against the current, with Pisces the Blue-Striped Basculin giving words of encouragement, advice on Magikarp's swimming technique, things of that nature.

"Hey! Land ho!" Peeves shouted before much longer. Keith and Willa both turned to look, and spotted something off the starboard bow- something on the coast of mainland Fizzytopia, albeit not in an especially well-traveled area of the region.

"Whoa," Keith murmured. "Is that some kind of school?"

"It... reminds me somewhat of Kiloude Academy," Willa murmued. "I never heard of a Trainer's School in this part of Fizzytopia, though. Of course, I'm not sure if I've been in the region long enough to have-"

"No, I've been in Fizzytopia way longer and this is news to me, too," Keith shook his head. "Wanna check it out?"

Willa considered this for a moment. Anything that brought back memories of Kiloude Academy wasn't exactly the best way to pique her interest, but on the other hand, she'd be visiting along with Keith, and that alone made the notion far more bearable. "...Let's do that," she agreed with a nod.

"Works for me," Keith grinned as he and Willa withdrew Pisces and Magikarp. "Peeves, hard to starboard, let's get ready to dock. Let's see what we can see."

"Aye aye," Peeves responded, rolling his eye as he turned the wheel to the right. Keith and Willa proceeded to withdraw their other Pokémon until only Peeves and Meowth were still out of their Poké Balls. Peeves, of course, was still docking the ship, while Meowth very much preferred his current spot on Keith's shoulder.

"Alright," Keith grinned as they got the Banette's Revenge docked. "Peeves, guard ship, we're going ashore."

"You got it," nodded the Dusknoir as Keith and Willa, hand in hand, went ashore to see what they could see.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:50 PM   #4
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

(For now, I’ll post in white, but once it is clear what section of the Base that we’ll be in, I’ll switch to that respective color.)

Jake Celeste was bored.

For him, the day at the Laba Dome on the Campus of the Tech and Psychic had been the same as any other, and he had been half-asleep at his desk, typing away at his computer. He was constantly doing research on who-knows-what. Jake’s partner, Buizel, lay curled up on a mattress.

Hmm...what level does Lucario learn another move again, after the slew of level 1 moves? Jake absent-mindedly typed the question into his Pokédex app.

Lucario learns Counter next, at level 12, the Pokédex reported.

“Thanks,” Jake muttered.

At that, the Aura Guardian-in-training felt a pulsing in his pocket. He took out his shaking Luxury Ball, but before he could act, his Lucario popped out of it.

You called? Lucario smiled. The Aura Pokémon had telepathical abilities.

Buizel sat up and yawned, waking up from his afternoon nap.

Just then, his computer beeped. Arrival of an unknown ship! it warned. Take defensive action?

Intrigued, Jake opened up his security app, ProTech. All the secured computers on the CTP had access to it.

“ProTech, who are the guests?” Jake spoke into his computer’s microphone.

Banette’s Revenge. Keith Masters, renowned Poison-type Trainer, and Willa Carnet, daughter of Kalos Champion Diantha, answered the security system.

“Holy...!” Jake trailed off. His mouth dropped open. “Those Trainers are skilled and famous! I’d better go say hi.”

“Don’t take any action right now,” Jake told ProTech.

He motioned for Buizel and Lucario to follow him as he walked out of the room. The three rushed to the elevator and pushed the ground floor button so hard Jake thought it would jam. Quickly, the elevator zoomed up to the lobby, a spacious place with a hexagon-patterned, domed blue ceiling, and opened. Jake and his two Pokémon stepped out.

Trying to be as calm and collected as he could, Jake opened the door to the Dome and walked outside to the dock to greet the guests. Buizel and Lucario followed, doing the same. One Pokémon was on each side of their Trainer.

Despite being only 12 years old, Jake was not short. He grew to 5’2” (5 feet 2 inches), a tiny bit on the tall side for his age, and had an athletic build. Still, he thought that it would be awkward to walk right up to Keith and Willa, who looked to be in their twenties, so he stayed at a distance, not going farther than the Laba Dome entrance. Fortunately, he had a loud voice.

“Hello there, Trainers!” Jake called, waving. “Welcome to the Campus of the Tech and Psychic!” The wind blew in the direction he was facing, helping to stretch and carry the sound. “I’m Jake Celeste, twelve-year-old Aura Guardian in the making!”
He walked closer, deciding it was necessary. “So, I see we have here two talented Trainers! Keith Masters and Willa Carnet!” he remarked. “And...a very fascinating Meowth! I come from Pastoria City, Sinnoh. Here are two of my Pokémon, Buizel and Lucario. Say hi, guys!” he said that last part to his Pokémon.

Buizel!” the Sea Weasel Pokémon on his right said cheerfully.

Lucario, who was on Jake’s left, gave a warm smile and waved. I guarantee, you’ll like it here! the Pokémon welcomed.

“Nice to meet you, Keith! You too, Willa,” said Jake. He extended a hand to each of them. “I’ve heard a lot about you two.”

Buizel extended a hand, er, paw, to the Meowth, who was sitting on Keith’s shoulder (and therefore hard to reach; Buizel had to stand on his tail). He had no idea if the Scratch Cat Pokémon would accept.

Jake began explaining some more about this huge place. “Like I said, you’re on the Campus of the Tech and Psychic right now. CTP for short. This building right here,” he said, gesturing to the Laba Dome, “is our main ‘attraction’. We call it the Laba Dome! That’s ‘LAH-bah’ Dome.”
The young Trainer chuckled. “This is not really a campus, by the way. My family bought it as an old, unused university. We customized it and put our own spin on it! It ain’t a Trainer’s School, although it used to be one fifty years ago. Sorry if you had a little ‘misconception’,” he said, making quote marks with his hands.
“And before you ask why a twelve-year-old is running the place, I’m not. I’m just independent, that’s all. I like walking around and meeting new people,” Jake added. “My parents are always busy, but they’re the ones who are running the place. Sorry, I can’t take you to meet them.”

Where would you like to go? Lucario supplied. He produced two directories of the CTP and held them out in front of the visitors. On the directories were the names of all the locations on the “campus”.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:44 PM   #5
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As Keith and Willa went ashore, they heard a loud voice, welcoming them both to the Campus of the Tech and Psychic. The couple exchanged looks, before turning back to see the source of said voice approaching them. He looked young yet on the tall side, and with something of an athletic build. He introduced himself as Jake Celeste, a 12-year-old prospective Aura Guardian. "Aura Guardian?" Keith repeated with mild interest. At that moment, Jake introduced two of his Pokémon, his Buizel and Lucario, at which Keith and Willa simultaneously produced their Pokédexes.

"Buizel, the Sea Weasel Pokémon. A Water-type, and the pre-evolved form of Floatzel," said Keith's Pokédex. "Buizel swims by spinning its twin tails like a propeller, and stays afloat by inflating the flotation sac around its neck."

"Lucario, the Aura Pokémon. A Fighting and Steel-type, and the evolved form of Riolu," said Willa's Pokédex. "Lucario can control and detect aura, and is able to tell what people are thinking."

Willa gave a small yet polite nod. "A pleasure," she said.

"Yeah, good to meet you all," Keith nodded. "Heh, I guess introductions on our part aren't really necessary, you kinda already know our names, but in any case, yeah- I'm Keith, and this is my lovely girlfriend Willa.

"Pleased ta meetcha," Meowth added, extending a paw to shake Buizel's offered paw.

"...and Meowth can talk," Keith added with a weak chuckle. "Though I'm willing to bet you might've already known about that, you already seem to know a little about us."

After this, Jake explained a little more about where they were. The Campus of the Tech and Psychic, or CTP for short- an old, unused university, owned by Jake's family and renovated into what looked like it could pass as a respectable Trainer's School, but... well, wasn't. Lucario helpfully offered two directories of the place, held them out for Keith and Willa to peruse, asking where they'd like to go. And very likely Lucario would get their answer before they spoke it- seeing the bit about the Palossand Stadium sparked the couple's mutual interest in battling.

Keith turned to Willa. "I'm thinking Palossand Stadium?" he grinned.

Willa grinned back. "Great minds think alike, it seems," she replied.

They turned back to Jake. "Palossand Stadium," they said in unison. And judging by their subsequent looks of mild surprise, this simultaneous response was not planned in the slightest.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:10 PM   #6
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Jake grinned at the two Trainers' response. "Palossand Stadium it is! Follow me." He and his Pokémon led the couple and Meowth through the CTP, passing the Laba Dome and the Hangar of Flight.

While the group was walking, Jake introduced them to the Aura Guardian Trainer class, which kinda wasn't a Trainer class. "You see, all living things emit an energy called aura. Lucario is a Pokémon that can sense and read that aura. Aura can also be used in a physical way, when one calls on their own life force to create shapes and barriers. Certain humans also train and learn to use aura in order to help others and bond with their Pokémon better. Like me, for example." Jake pointed to himself. "And, allow me to demonstrate an active use of aura."

Concentrating intensely, Jake managed to create a small blue ball of aura between his hands, akin to Lucario's Aura Sphere, albeit not as big or powerful. Jake held the ball over his head, showing it to the two visiting Trainers. Impressively, he did all this while walking.

"I still need to work on that," Jake admitted, letting the ball of aura fade.

Finally, everyone came to the majestic Palossand Stadium, where Trainers had regularly come to decades ago. Now, only Jake's family used the stadium, most of the time.

Jake, Buizel and Lucario went and pushed the heavy wooden gates open, revealing a Colosseum-like battle stadium that was colored like the Pokémon Palossand. The Ghost- and Ground-type's Pokédex entries were on a plaque on the wall. One of the Pokédex entries read:

Palossand, the Sand Castle Pokémon. Possessed people controlled by this Pokémon transformed its sand mound into a castle. As it evolved, its power to curse grew ever stronger.

The Aura Guardian-in-training spread his hands. "Welcome to the Palossand Stadium!" he declared. "It has many settings for battlefields, as well as a large amount of spectator seats! But of course," Jake continued, "we're not here to spectate. I suppose you want a battle with me! Now, would you like 1-on-1, 2-on-2 Double Battle, or a 3-on-3 Single Battle?
"And," he added, "would you like an all-water battlefield, a rock-covered one, a grass battlefield, or a regular dirt battlefield? Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Of course, we have more."

Last edited by Zorchic; 01-08-2020 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:25 PM   #7
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As they walked, Jake explained to them something that Keith had been wondering- he'd heard of Aura Guardians, but really wasn't sure what being one actually entailed. Jake was able to shed a little light on the subject, even making use of aura to create something that looked like an Aura Sphere between his hands, to Keith and Willa's utter astonishment. "Incredible," Willa murmured.

"Yeah, wow," Keith agreed.

Not long after, the group arri
ved at Palossand Stadium, a huge battling venue modeled and colored after the Sand Castle Pokémon. Keith and Willa were impressed, it was a beautiful place with numerous different types of battlefields to suit what had to be any Trainer's needs.

At Jake's question, Keith turned to Willa, grinning, expecting the same from her, but instead, Willa was holding up one of her Ultra Balls, fixing Keith with a significant look. "I think this is the perfect opportunity to see how far he's come," she murmured.

Keith gave a nod and a small smile in response. "I look forward to seeing that, then," he said.

Willa returned the small smile, then turned to face Jake. "I would like a one-on-one battle, on an all-water battlefield if that's alright," she said.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:45 PM   #8
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Jake nodded at Willa's request, a one-on-one battle on an all-water battlefield. "One all-water battlefield, coming right up!"

He took out his Pokédex, which also functioned as a remote control for the Palossand Stadium. With a few taps, he located the button for the all-water battlefield and pressed it. Almost instantly, the battlefield began to whir.

As everyone watched, the current dirt battlefield was removed from the stadium and stored underground, and a giant pool rose to take its place—the all-water battlefield. The new battlefield had two floating platforms on it, one for each battling Pokémon. The Trainers would stand on the ground close to the pool.

Jake looked up and smiled. "There we have it! The all-water battlefield!" He walked to one side of the battlefield, followed by his two Pokémon, and waved, gesturing for Willa to take her place on the other side.
"Our referee will be..." Jake pressed another button on his Pokédex, prompting a little robot, much like the robot referee of the Sunyshore City Gym, to come zooming out of a hidden door and take its place on the side of the battlefield. "The Sunyshore Hover Bot!"

The young Trainer turned to his opponent, the Ace Trainer-in-the-making Willa. "Are you ready to battle?"
Old 01-08-2020, 08:02 PM   #9
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Jake took out his Pokédex, and very quickly proved that it was more than just a Pokédex. All he needed was to press a few buttons, and the battlefield changed before their eyes. The dirt battlefield went away and was replaced by a large pool of water, with floating platforms for the Pokémon. As Jake took his place on one end of the battlefield, Willa strode over to the other end, clutching the Ultra Ball tightly in her hand. "Good luck," Keith said to her before she walked off. "You two got this. I've seen how hard you've worked." Willa said nothing in response, but her small, appreciative smile said it all.

Said smile was replaced by a look of fierce determination as Willa stood on her end of the battlefield. She clicked the button on the Ultra Ball to bring it to full size, and gave a single nod as Jake asked if she was ready. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, then let it out. Then, she opened her eyes and brought back her arm. "It's time, Magikarp!" she declared, heaving the Ultra Ball forward.

The ball split open in midair, and in a flash of light, a diminutive Magikarp was emptied out into the pool. "Karp, karp, karp, karp, Magikarp karp karp karp," Magikarp was saying as he swam out in front of the floating platform. Though the fish was small, even for its own kind, a fierce determination blazed in his eyes, to match his Trainer's.

"Willa! Magikarp! You got this!" Keith cheered from off to the side. Then, the Dive Ball on Keith's belt burst open, and a relatively larger fish materialized in his arms. "Bas Basculin!!" Pisces called out, likewise cheering on her friend.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:18 PM   #10
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

It soon turned out that the Ultra Ball in Willa's hand held none other than a Magikarp. The Fish Pokémon landed in the pool with a splash, a fierce look of determination in its eyes. Jake had a feeling that even though it was smaller than normal, this Magikarp was not a joke. A Blue-Striped Basculin emerged from one of Keith's Dive Balls and landed in his arms, cheering on its friend.

"A Magikarp, huh?" commented Jake. "Alright, then, I'll try something out of the ordinary! Lucario, you're up!" He pointed at the battlefield, directing Lucario onto it.

Lucario ran onto the platform with great gusto, so that it wobbled under his feet. But he kept balance, as a Fighting- and Steel-type ought to do. Funny choice, he remarked, eyeing his Trainer with a dubious look.

"Don't worry about the water," Jake advised Lucario. "Remember, you took a crash course on swimming! Give this battle your all!"

Right! replied Lucario. He gave a mighty battle cry.

Jake motioned to the robot referee. "Let's get this battle started!"

At Jake's words, the Sunyshore Hover Bot spoke with its robotic voice. The one-on-one battle between Willa's Magikarp and Jake's Lucario will now commence!

(You can have the first move.)
Old 01-08-2020, 08:29 PM   #11
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Both Keith and Willa had been expecting Buizel to be sent in here, but instead, Jake went with a more unorthodox approach, instead opting to let Lucario go in there. This worried Willa somewhat- Magikarp had been improving significantly as of late, but to go up against a fully-evolved Pokémon, and one that resisted Normal-moves, no less! It was a tall order, but as Willa looked at her Magikarp, she could see- he wasn't deterred in the slightest, and she had a feeling it wasn't for lack of understanding of the power of their opponent.

Moreover, Willa knew that that a straightforward approach wasn't always the way. They had to get creative with what they had to work with. To say they didn't have much to work with was an understatement, but Willa was, well, willing to work with it. "Magikarp! Tackle the platform!" she commanded.

"Kaaaaarp!" Magikarp responded, speeding forward through the water, hurtling towards the platform Lucario was balancing on with all his might. Exactly how much might that wound up being was unclear, but if it would be enough to throw Lucario off balance, that could very well be something they could work with.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:48 PM   #12
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Willa started with having Magikarp Tackle the platform Lucario was standing on. It wobbled some more, but the Aura Pokémon still managed to keep steady. Jake had an idea that would surprise Willa, since it followed her plan exactly. But Jake had a way of turning things to his advantage, especially since Magikarp had launched an attack and was momentarily idle.

"Lucario, dive toward the water!" Jake instructed. "Use Feint!"

Quickly, Lucario followed the orders and jumped off the platform. Feint worked by attacking the opposing Pokémon in a place they would least expect. Jake knew that Lucario would fall into the water, but figured that he would be okay with it. After all, Lucario had gone through a rigorous week of swimming lessons. The Trainer hoped that the attack would catch Magikarp off guard. The Aura Pokémon rushed towards Magikarp in zigzags, shrouded in a light white glow, at an almost blinding speed.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:56 PM   #13
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Tackle landed, the platform wobbled, and Lucario... managed to keep its balance. Willa gritted her teeth- Magikarp's Tackle had been getting stronger as of late, but it still wasn't much.

And then came the Feint. A sudden blow- not much in the way of power, but there was no blocking it even for Pokémon with such defensive moves. It was, therefore, no surprise that Feint landed, and the tiny fish was sent flying across the pool. Willa, however, saw where Magikarp was headed and saw her chance- any second now, Magikarp was gonna be flung just over the platform on her side. Maybe close enough to it to be able to do something with it if they acted fast, even. "Use Splash right now!" Willa called urgently.

"Magikaaaaaaaarp!" responded Magikarp, flopping in midair. And just as Willa had hoped, this was at the instant Magikarp was above the platform, and the flopping resulted in Magikarp's tail fin striking the platform. This got Magikarp up in the air, and now Willa was grinning- Magikarp was in an actually decent position to strike from above now!

"Now! Tackle once more!" Willa commanded, just as Magikarp began to fall, right above Lucario. Surely the force of gravity would add a little extra power to this move.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:58 PM   #14
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Lucario’s Feint successfully landed, to Jake’s satisfaction. Lucario landed in the water afterwards, and swam up to the surface just in time to see Magikarp Splashing off the other platform. The orange fish hurtled through the air, heading straight for Lucario with a Tackle.

One thing Jake liked to go by was, if you can dodge, consider dodging. But counterattacking works just as well! So he quickly ordered a combination of moves that he’d thought of on the spot.

“Lucario, levitate out of the water with Magnet Rise, and meet the Tackle with Force Palm!” Jake said.

In response, the Fighting- and Steel-type surrounded himself in a faint yellow glow and soared into the air. He held out his open palm, ready to collide it with Magikarp’s Tackle in midair.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:38 PM   #15
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

At first, this wasn't looking good for Magikarp. He might have been getting stronger, but not strong enough to not get flung away by that attack if it landed.

But Willa was undeterred. "Just like we practiced!" she called out. "Magikarp, now!"

"Kaaaaaaarp!" Magikarp exclaimed. Indeed, just as he'd practiced with Willa before, Magikarp turned and positioned its fins in such a way that he began falling in a spiral formation instead of straight down, essentially steering himself as he fell. The way he was going, both he and Willa anticipated that the Tackle would strike Lucario from the side, instead of right in the Force Palm.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:19 PM   #16
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Jake anticipated a collision, but that was not what happened. Magikarp unexpectedly spun to the side, heading for a spot on Lucario's body away from the Force Palm. Instinctively, the young Trainer pictured Magikarp striking Lucario's chest...wait, that was it!

"Lucario, shift your body just a bit!" Jake shouted to Lucario. "Let Magikarp hit the center of your chest!"

Lucario caught on. There was a spike on his chest! The Aura Pokémon moved a bit so that Magikarp was heading right for that very spike. By now, the Fish Pokémon was going so fast it most likely wouldn't be able to avoid the obstacle.

Boink! Plop! The opposing Pokémon bounced off of Lucario's chest spike and fell into the water. Lucario took the opportunity to use Extreme Speed, zooming down toward his target.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:22 PM   #17
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Willa's grin vanished faster than anything edible within ten feet of a Swalot. She hadn't figured on the chest spike, and winced as Magikarp struck that instead, tumbling into the water from the impact. And then came the Extreme Speed, which Magikarp could not possibly hope to evade, even if he wasn't reeling from that rather unpleasant meeting with Lucario's chest spike. Magikarp was thrown backwards across the pool, hitting the side right near where Willa stood and falling back into the water.

Willa knelt down- she had begun to tear up, and despite her very best efforts, these tears could be seen by anyone looking. "I'm sorry, Magikarp," she whispered.

"Karp, Magikarp!" Magikarp responded firmly. Willa stopped looking down at this, instead looking at Magikarp, who didn't look anywhere near as pathetic as his attempts at attacking Lucario. "Karp, karp, Magikarp karp karp!"

"Bas! Basculiiiiin!" Pisces roared from her position in Keith's arms.

"Yeah, youse gots dis!" Meowth cheered.

"Both of you got this!" Keith chimed in.

Willa had her doubts about this, but couldn't help but give a small smile and a shaky chuckle. Magikarp had already shown all of his moves. All two of them. One of which was infamous for doing absolutely nothing. Lucario was going to wipe the battlefield with them and she knew it. And yet, as she opened her eyes once more, it was a look of determination, of confidence, that Magikarp saw. "...Keith's never steered us wrong yet," she chuckled. "Magikarp, it's your call. If you want to keep this going, I'm with you all the way."

"Magikarp!" Magikarp smiled, performing a quick Splash to show his enthusiasm. And yet, as he turned to face Lucario once more, he knew, knew that Willa's obvious concerns about this battle were not unfounded. He was no fool, he knew the limitations of his kind, knew how much harder he had it because he was so small... but it was having a Trainer like Willa, who believed in him, worked with him, did her best to help him realize his full potential, it was that that let him have such confidence, such determination in the first place. And now, he knew, it was high time that said confidence finally paid off.

Magikarp's body began to glow brightly as he most wisely swam away from the edge of the pool. The transformation was swift and drastic as the body lengthened and grew dramatically. Willa, Keith, and Meowth all looked on, mouths agape, as the wondrous event took place. Pisces, on the other hand, didn't look the least bit surprised, and was smiling proudly as her friend proceeded to evolve. And finally, with a shrieking roar, the glowing faded, revealing the diminutive Magikarp to have become a mighty ! Not only was it no longer small in any sense, it actually looked as though it might be a bit bigger than was usual for its kind. Grinning excitedly, Willa consulted her Pokédex, even though she knew damn well what this was.

"Gyarados, the Atrocious Pokémon. A Water and Flying-type, and the evolved form of Magikarp," droned the device. "Gyarados is immensely powerful, capable of destroying entire cities if it goes on a rampage. It is rarely seen in the wild."

Willa smiled up at Gyarados after consulting the Pokédex's now much larger list of moves he knew. "You ready to keep going?" she called up to the Water/Flying-type, who gave a shrieking roar and a nod in response.

"Dis is pretty awesome," Meowth purred, watching his Trainer's girlfriend so confidently commanding this humongous sea serpent.

"Yeah, it is!" Keith grinned.

"Bascu! Basculiiiiiiin!" Pisces bellowed her support.

Willa gestured forward towards Lucario. "Use Hydro Pump!!" she commanded.

Quote:
What? Magikarp is evolving!

...!

Congratulations! Your Magikarp evolved into Gyarados!

*Gyarados learned Bite!*

*Gyarados learned Flail!*

*Gyarados learned Leer!*

*Gyarados learned Twister!*

*Gyarados learned Whirlpool!*

*Gyarados learned Ice Fang!*

*Gyarados learned Brine!*

*Gyarados learned Scary Face!*

*Gyarados learned Dragon Rage!*

*Gyarados learned Hydro Pump!*

*Gyarados learned Thrash!*

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-09-2020 at 09:44 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:52 PM   #18
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

(Heh, I actually anticipated this when I saw that your Magikarp was level 20.)

By now, it looked like Jake was winning. He had managed to catch Willa off guard with a tactic taking advantage of one of Lucario’s physical features. The Magikarp was then unable to avoid an Extreme Speed from Lucario and looked beaten up from all the damage it took. The Aura Guardian even felt a little sympathetic for the fish, as its Trainer knelt down to comfort it.

As Basculin, Meowth and Keith cheered their friend on, Magikarp gave a look of determination and started glowing brightly. Jake had a sinking feeling that he knew what was coming next. And boy, was he right. Through an incredible transformation, Magikarp had evolved into a mighty Gyarados! As Willa checked her Pokédex, Jake pulled out his own, to check the gigantic Pokémon’s size.

To his surprise, Gyarados towered at a massive 32 feet, 1.5 times larger than a normal Gyarados’s size, which was 21’4”. Jake was about to gulp, but then grinned instead. “This is going to be interesting,” he said.

With her boyfriend and his Pokémon cheering her on, Willa commanded Gyarados to use its newly learned Hydro Pump.

Lucario released his Magnet Rise and landed back on his platform, and no sooner than he did, Jake issued a command of his own. “Lucario! Meet that Hydro Pump with a Dragon Pulse! You can do it!”

Just as the newly evolved opponent had been, Lucario was filled with determination and formed a swirling orb in between his hands. The orb consisted of Dragon energy, and the Aura Pokémon fired the orb as a powerful dragon beam at the Atrocious Pokémon. The two attacks approached each other head-on.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:36 PM   #19
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

(Yeah, I got him there some time ago, and was basically waiting for a good opportunity to evolve him. Also, nice signature banner. )

With Magikarp now having evolved into Gyarados, the battle was getting much more intense. Dragon Pulse and Hydro Pump collided in midair, the latter causing the former to explode in midair. Hydro Pump hadn't gotten through, though- neither move had landed. But stopping that Dragon Pulse was way more than a mere Magikarp could ever have done!

Willa was grinning in evident and obvious excitement at this point, very much pumped up for the battle by now. "Gyarados! Whirlpool!" she commanded. And with another shrieking roar, Gyarados swept his huge tail before him, creating an intense swirling current in the pool all around the platform Lucario was on.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:40 AM   #20
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Jake watched as the two attacks collided, the Dragon Pulse weakening the Hydro Pump enough so that neither attack hit its mark.

With a mighty cry, Gyarados whipped the water around him into a Whirlpool, which swirled into a powerful current of water around Lucario.

But Jake wasn’t worried. The battle was actually more fun now that the sides had been evened. He calmly ordered a command—one attack that could both protect Lucario from the Whirlpool and let him go on the offensive.

“Lucario, use Psychic. Deflect the Whirlpool towards Gyarados!” said Jake.

Lucario gave a smile. Psychic was one of his favorite attacks. The Fighting- and Steel-type concentrated, his four head appendages rising with a blue glow. Lucario’s eyes glowed white, showing that he was releasing Psychic power.
The Whirlpool was surrounded in a bluish-white glow, and slowly rose into the air, away from Lucario. To everyone but Lucario’s amazement, it changed into a jet of water and headed towards Gyarados, winding itself around the Atrocious Pokémon in a Whirlpool—this time surrounding the Water- and Flying-type. Lucario had used Gyarados’s own attack against it!

Last edited by Zorchic; 01-11-2020 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:58 PM   #21
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Jake astonished the others with a bold command- a Psychic attack, one strong enough to redirect the Whirlpool back onto Gyarados! And it was totally working, too!

Willa, however, looked wholly undeterred. "Use Twister in the opposite direction to neutralize it!" she commanded. And Gyarados roared loudly, beginning to rotate in the water, in the opposite direction of the Whirlpool, generating a Twister to combat and cancel out the Whirlpool. And after several tense moments, they could see the results- the moves cancelled each other out, and Gyarados was free!

Willa's grin widened. "Scary Face attack!" she called out, at which point Gyarados locked eyes with Lucario, expression contorted into the stuff of nightmares.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:36 PM   #22
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Of course, Jake should have figured that Willa wouldn’t let him get away with something like that. Gyarados used Twister, cancelling out the Whirlpool. Willa then ordered a Scary Face, which Jake had to admit looked ferocious on a sea serpent like Gyarados.

Lucario couldn’t well avoid an attack involving eyesight, but there still was a way. “Lucario, Detect, now!” commanded Jake.

The Aura Pokémon’s eyes glowed the same white as before, protecting him from the effects of the Scary Face. Despite looking right at Gyarados, Lucario wasn’t fazed by the attack, and suffered no ill effects.

“Great,” said Jake, smiling slyly. “Now, let’s go for a Work Up!”

All right! cried Lucario, clenching his fists and raising them toughly. It always felt energizing to get some stat boosts under his belt—not that he had one. A red aura surrounded Lucario, boosting his Attack and Special Attack stats.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:55 PM   #23
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Jake and Lucario were quick to react, with a well-timed Detect to completely avoid the effects of Scary Face. And they weren't done there, following up with Work Up.

"Man, dat's almost scarier den dat Scary Face," Meowth remarked. "Dat boosts Attack and Special Attack. Lucario's gonna hit harder wit anyting now!"

"Yeah," Keith nodded. "Magikarp may have evolved but they're not out of the woods just yet." However, he grinned as he said this. "But Willa's no slouch," he added. "I'll bet anything she and Gyarados are just getting started."

Indeed, Willa wasn't bothered by the Work Up. It was something to watch out for, true enough, but at the same time she didn't let it scare her. They had to incapacitate Lucario somehow, and now she was about to try out a new move with that goal in mind. "Gyarados! Ice Fang!" she commanded.

Gyarados roared loudly, his sharp teeth gleaming as equally sharp icicles formed over them. He then moved in swiftly to chomp down on Lucario.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:31 AM   #24
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Jake heard some small chatter between Keith and his Pokémon. Jake could have used his aura to try to figure out what they were saying, but refrained from doing so. He decided not to intrude on their privacy.

In response to Lucario’s Work Up, Willa told Gyarados to prepare an Ice Fang. The massive Pokémon opened his mouth and let his teeth become surrounded in ice. The Water- and Flying-type charged at Lucario, ready to chomp down on him.

However, that was just what Jake was waiting for. He carefully timed when Gyarados opened his mouth the widest. That would be Jake and Lucario’s chance to strike. It was time for some high risk, high reward kind of tactic.
A second before Gyarados would have landed his Ice Fang, the young Trainer acted. “And now, Lucario! Use Extreme Speed and aim for the mouth!” Jake pointed directly at Gyarados’ wide-open jaw.

With reflexes like lightning, Lucario surrounded himself with his aura and zipped through the air, heading straight for the Atrocious Pokémon’s mouth. The Aura Pokémon went so fast only an afterimage could be seen. Jake doubted that anyone could react to, much less dodge, such a speedy attack.
If all went as planned, Lucario would have scored a hit on a very sensitive part of a Pokémon’s body—the mouth. Okay, Lucario would get hit by the Ice Fang, but he would surely be able to take it. After all, both Fighting and Steel resisted Ice. The same couldn’t be said for Gyarados, though; Extreme Speed would be neutral on it.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:13 PM   #25
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Jake wasn't worried. And not without reason- Ice Fang, after all, was not very effective on a Steel-type like Lucario. Even if Lucario wasn't as resistant to Ice as Jake seemed to think (as Fighting did not resist Ice, only Steel), the point still stood- Gyarados's move wasn't gonna be much trouble to Lucario.

In terms of damage dealt, anyway.

Willa grinned as Jake gave his order. "Chomp down now!" she exclaimed almost before Jake had stopped talking, and it wasn't a moment too soon- Lucario's Extreme Speed certainly lived up to the name, and Lucario was closing in too fast for the eye to follow. But not too fast for the teeth- Gyarados's jaws clamped down just as Lucario reached its mouth, and their timing was perfection- Lucario was trapped in rows of icicle teeth. In no actual danger, and not taking as much damage as it could've been, thanks to being a Steel-type, but right now, trapped. And that's what Willa was after.

"Now! Use Hydro Pump!" Willa commanded. And Lucario would feel the vibrations from the rumbling roar and the oncoming rush of water before being quite forcefully ejected from Gyarados's mouth by a high-pressure jet of water.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases