kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

this?
im already in there

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓÒò furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
Old 03-31-2017, 11:23 AM   #39177
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
this?
im already in there
No, that is absolutely not the official one. The member who owns that discord is actually banned from the official area for problem behaviour.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:30 AM   #39178
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

oh,
what a mess

Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:50 PM   #39179
Sneaze
Mrow?

...seriously this is just sad. There is literally no way to justify such a harsh form of punishment on newer members. It's this lack of proper communication with the user base as a whole that has put the mods and users on two sides of such a large rift. It's really no surprise that FB has been in decay for years now.

Seriously Tess just step down already. You can claim you care too much about FB all you want but frankly you don't need to run a show (let alone run it into the ground) to support it. Give someone else the spotlight and assist if you really feel the need but let this waste dump start moving forward already.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 03-31-2017, 01:58 PM   #39180
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Since this has quickly gone nuclear, I'll throw in my chips.

I was excited for FB. Then I get here and I find half of it hasn't been updated in years. Mods don't respond within any reasonable window. Basic stuff like birthday confirmations and registration tests take upward of a month.

If the mods are busy, that's fine. I get it. But if the current mods can't keep up, then new mods need to be installed. It isn't fair to the players to keep things like this. I've been here a month and haven't even been started in a zone. What are we doing here? What is the point of FB if nothing gets done?

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 03-31-2017, 02:50 PM   #39181
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
This topic has come up before and of course new members can't know about it because they weren't privy to the discussion. That doesn't mean their moral compass is unaware that they are on some level doing something that isn't quite right.
Speaking as someone who was once in this very situation, I'd like to lend a bit of my personal insight on this.

Did I know I was doing something wrong? To put it plainly and simply, no. Had I thought this could get either me or Soy Sauce in any kind of trouble, I'd have refused to do it. The fact of the matter is, I didn't see this so much as a nasty little loophole so much as I saw it as one member helping out another- I saw this in a similar light to someone with Egg House privileges hatching Eggs for the sake of new members who don't yet have access to such a place, or completing a Shard Quest for an evolution stone they don't need with the intent of trading it to a member who does need it, things like that. Now, of course, I know that this situation is a whole other swarm of Yanma, but before the general disapproval of such a thing came to light, the fact remains that that was how I perceived the situation, and that's why I find it very easy to believe that there was absolutely no ill intent behind this whatsoever. Two members who don't know that doing this is frowned upon could very well perceive it the same way I did, and have all the same goodness behind their intentions.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:54 PM   #39182
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

THANK YOU GUYS

Hater of loss meme
Old 03-31-2017, 03:21 PM   #39183
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
No, that is absolutely not the official one. The member who owns that discord is actually banned from the official area for problem behaviour.
Official is relative. The members that run the other discord do not actively participate within FB. I dont know why you would perpetuate a problem that took place completely in your absence.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:23 PM   #39184
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
...seriously this is just sad. There is literally no way to justify such a harsh form of punishment on newer members. It's this lack of proper communication with the user base as a whole that has put the mods and users on two sides of such a large rift. It's really no surprise that FB has been in decay for years now.

Seriously Tess just step down already. You can claim you care too much about FB all you want but frankly you don't need to run a show (let alone run it into the ground) to support it. Give someone else the spotlight and assist if you really feel the need but let this waste dump start moving forward already.
And from that perspective, you dont even like to participate within fb as is to be dropping your vitriol in this part of the boards as well. There are better ways to handle differences than doing a public diss
Old 03-31-2017, 03:28 PM   #39185
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aposteriori View Post
And from that perspective, you dont even like to participate within fb as is to be dropping your vitriol in this part of the boards as well. There are better ways to handle differences than doing a public diss
says the guy dissing meetan

Hater of loss meme
Old 03-31-2017, 03:29 PM   #39186
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
says the guy dissing meetan
Where was the diss? Are you saying she is entitled to talk about a problem that extends beyond her?
Old 03-31-2017, 03:32 PM   #39187
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMBNbXDRAe4&feature=youtu.be&t=42

Last edited by PikaGod; 03-31-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:35 PM   #39188
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Where was the diss? Are you saying she is entitled to talk about a problem that extends beyond her?
And you're allowed to?

You've been here far less than most of us and are so ignorant of the problems of this game you're past the source of denial and are halfway to fucking Antarctica right now, with a degree of white knighting I've not seen since I played Runescape all those years ago. Surely you recognise this game's got stagnant too?

Unruly Premonition.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:40 PM   #39189
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
And you're allowed to?

You've been here far less than most of us and are so ignorant of the problems of this game you're past the source of denial and are halfway to fucking Antarctica right now, with a degree of white knighting I've not seen since I played Runescape all those years ago. Surely you recognise this game's got stagnant too?
My comment is adjecent to the current discussion about the mods. I dont think anyone from the silent non participant members should be part of the barking when they plainly dislike this place so that is directed to Sneaze. I dont Meetan should drag asb drama over here and make an opinion about something that was poorly handled and for something she was not part of. Im no longer in ASB and it is still a club of people who do things that benefit a certain amount of people. My name pops up and they still perpetuate exclusion, hatred, and general child-like behavior a year later
Old 03-31-2017, 03:42 PM   #39190
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Im no longer in ASB and it is still a club of people who do things that benefit a certain amount of people.
That basically also explains FB right now. Newbies who make small mistakes due to poor communication get punished while others with lips sewn onto the arses of the mods get all the good things whenever there are the rare cases of updates.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:49 PM   #39191
Heather
Naga's Voice

Have you maybe stopped to consider that some of us no longer participate because we're so dissatisfied with how the game is run? Edit: DAMNIT RAVES you ninja.

Also laughing my ass off at "official is relative" cause in that case relative to just about everyone not in the echo chamber that is you and Tess your discord ain't shit, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 03-31-2017, 03:52 PM   #39192
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
That basically also explains FB right now. Newbies who make small mistakes due to poor communication get punished while others with lips sewn onto the arses of the mods get all the good things whenever there are the rare cases of updates.
Keep it healthy, keep it inclusive is all. Banning was excessive for a non written rule, and it shouldnt have been handled in that way. The decision was reversed for which it is a step in the right direction. This is not the space to start another storm of hatred aimed at one person and it is surely not healthy to perpetuate group think. Handle it over at development, handle it by participating and doing things like being an updater. Both sides of the aisle are in need of improvement, just dont handle it at an emotional/hate filled rant. Respect should be mantained above all.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:52 PM   #39193
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
My comment is adjecent to the current discussion about the mods. I dont think anyone from the silent non participant members should be part of the barking when they plainly dislike this place so that is directed to Sneaze. I dont Meetan should drag asb drama over here and make an opinion about something that was poorly handled and for something she was not part of. Im no longer in ASB and it is still a club of people who do things that benefit a certain amount of people. My name pops up and they still perpetuate exclusion, hatred, and general child-like behavior a year later
Which is why they are so hateful to all us non DG non ASB members right?
Old 03-31-2017, 03:54 PM   #39194
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
Quote:
I dont Meetan should drag asb drama over here and make an opinion about something that was poorly handled and for something she was not part of.
Saying that you're banned from the UPN Discord server where the entirety of the UPN community is is not dragging ASB drama into the TO.

You shittalking and making remarks about ASB is.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:55 PM   #39195
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Have you maybe stopped to consider that some of us no longer participate because we're so dissatisfied with how the game is run? Edit: DAMNIT RAVES you ninja.

Also laughing my ass off at "official is relative" cause in that case relative to just about everyone not in the echo chamber that is you and Tess your discord ain't shit, plain and simple.
Never claimed to have made it the center or the it place. Im not oblivious to the fact that guys spend countless hours of your day on your server talking unproductively about the members you collectively dislike, to each their own just down bring with you the obvious hatred you feel. You guys go about walking around about tolerance, and as a group you guys are the least bit tolerant to begin with.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:57 PM   #39196
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Nah, its just that nobody likes you hth ☺
Old 03-31-2017, 03:59 PM   #39197
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
Nah, its just that nobody likes you hth ☺
That is obvious and respectable, just keep it to yourself and stop the perpetuation the negativity, especially when you are not being aggressed
Old 03-31-2017, 04:01 PM   #39198
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

hhhhhm, nah
Old 03-31-2017, 04:03 PM   #39199
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Quote:
Never claimed to have made it the center or the it place. Im not oblivious to the fact that guys spend countless hours of your day on your server talking unproductively about the members you collectively dislike, to each their own just down bring with you the obvious hatred you feel. You guys go about walking around about tolerance, and as a group you guys are the least bit tolerant to begin with.
One can only tolerate so much before being fed up with their shit you know. The two aren't necessarily exclusive to one another. It's a mistake to have the idea that you must be tolerant at all times, that's why things like bans are a thing.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:12 PM   #39200
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
One can only tolerate so much before being fed up with their shit you know. The two aren't necessarily exclusive to one another. It's a mistake to have the idea that you must be tolerant at all times, that's why things like bans are a thing.
There are people who make it unpleasant under all circumstances. Today are people coming out of the woodworks and have dropped nuggets of anger and hatred, and only a few shared their views in a constructive manner. You can be critical without destroying others.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out