UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-06-2017, 10:15 PM   #1
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Splatoon

I saw no thread for this, and atleast a couple of people play, so I figure a thread for this game would be nice. I guess anyone who is paying attention to the game can announce when there's an event is about to go on, or when there's new weapon. I will if I'm paying attention to the game when there's an update.

The Splatfest kind of surprised me. I knew Pearl wasn't popular, but I didn't think it would have been that lopsided towards Ketchup. I saw mostly weird Pearl art in the lobby for mayo supporters. I even had quite a few Mayo vs Mayo matches the night the Splatfest started. I guess hating Pearl is going to be a meme. I loved the Splatfest. The atmosphere was wonderful.

There ya go! Arranging League Battle teams can be a thing as well as well, but I guess messenger can be better for that.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:16 PM   #2
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

man fuck every team I had in splatfest they were so bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:03 PM   #3
deoxys
Fog Badge

SW-0588-8167-5204

Add me bitches (but tell me if you added me)
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
phoopes
Double Dragon

After all this time, I still haven't figured it out... Am I a kid? Or a squid?

Old 08-07-2017, 10:24 PM   #5
Miror
Marsh Badge

Quote:
man fuck every team I had in splatfest they were so bad
All of my this. Shifty Station was literal hell due to none of my teammates understanding what was going on.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:38 AM   #6
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I don't recall having any matches where I had bad teammates. Admittedly most of my Splatfest matches were pretty easy.

I need to improve on Salmon run. In Profreshional, I lose most of my matches. There has to be some way to deal with multiple Flyfish and Stingers on different sides of the map...right?

I failed to mention the best thing about Splatoon, and that is playing dress-up with your adorable Inkling!

(spoiled due to image size)
Spoiler: show

Deo, I will adderate you. I be J'Wiz.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:29 AM   #7
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

I didn't have that bad a time during that splatfest but I'm also a veteran so I don't think I count.

SW132051621746 add me too
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:55 PM   #8
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
There has to be some way to deal with multiple Flyfish and Stingers on different sides of the map...right?
ahahahahahahahaha oh you sweet summer child
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 08-12-2017, 10:14 AM   #9
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

The umbrella is out. It's just out and I'm already getting people awkwardly trying to use it in Rainmaker.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #10
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

I've added deo/rotom, my code is SW-6384-8125-9319 (yes my Switch name is Vanessa, hi hello that is my name now)

I can't get the hang of the brella for the life of me.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by SoS; 08-13-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:11 AM   #11
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I learned something that might be helpful if you start an alt character for learning how to use a new weapon. It might be a good idea to take it easy on your first few matches. I mean, it was amusing how me and some other level 1 guy with basic equipment dominated a match full of level 10-20 people, but I think they punished me for it. The next few matches were against lv 30-40 people with fully decked out equipment. I did not have a good time.

Salmon Run was an interesting experience from scratch. I started off thinking "Salmon Run used to be easy?!". I'm glad it was, because my teammates were dead fodder. I don't like talking poorly of my allies, but I had some doozies. One guy just shot at the wall and then kept jumping in the water (probably a troll or something). Others would use their special against a smallfry. One ran away from me while I tried to resurrect him with a roller. Steelheads when I had a brush was a nightmare.

Someone apparently data-mined the game and found some possible future content. I don't know how true this is, but I can mention some of the things I remember. (Incase you don't want to be spoiled)
One mentioned a weapon that acts like a revolver. I like this, because I main revolvers in some shooters.

There's some new stages for Salmon run, and the mall stage from the first game.

The thing people are losing their shit about is the male and female Octoling file. Some are speculating that you can make an Octoling main character, and others are thinking that it'll be part of a Splatfest. I don't really care all that much, since I really like Inklings.

Also what's with people not bothering inking their base and just rushing to the middle? I always thought that was a bad strategy. If you ink your base first, you can build up your special for the fight in the center of the stage. Also if you rush the enemy base and ink it, the enemy will just immediately kill you and re-ink it. Am I completely wrong?
Old 08-15-2017, 08:26 PM   #12
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

okay, so my friend code is
SW-4218-7462-3322
Added Rotom.

Please tell me when you've added me so I don't take forever to accept your friend request. :3

But I'm ready to try out the brella, especially since I had already done all the Brella missions in the single-player.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:37 AM   #13
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

So we have the subject for the new Splatfest. It still hasn't been announced in-game, but Nintendo gave out the details of it. The subject for the Splatfest is: (I guess spoiler if you want to wait for Pearl and Marina's banter to find out, but the Miiverse images spoil it anyway)
It's a superpower thing. Flight versus Invisibility. I'm guessing Pearl is flight, considering the interest she has shown in flight several times during the opening show. It's essentially being able to travel efficiently vs being able to steal efficiently. I don't have a strong preference, but I'll probably choose flight.

So there ya go. If you want to build up teams for the team portion, go for it. You won't have to worry about bad allies if you do that.

The Splatfest will apparently take place September 1-2.

I found this artist who does some really good Splatoon comics. Most of them are about Callie and Marie. Some notable ones are: 1, 2, 3
Old 08-26-2017, 01:08 AM   #14
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

We have some updates!

First is that the Splatfest has been announced ingame, so you can pick up your shirt and grind chunks! I also really liked the banter between Pearl and Marina for this one. I will try to get in some practice, and hopefully conquer mediocrity by the time the next Splatfest starts!

New weapons ahoy!

Last week the Classic Squiffer came out. It's a really cool weapon, and might end up being my main charger. I like having range, and still being able to join the fray. I also have a much better kill and ink rate with this thing. This thing also gave birth to one of my best matches. I tried it out with my alt. in turf wars and magic happened.

The sloshing machine released today. Admittedly I was upset when I saw it. I thought "Oh great! Another fucking Slosher.". Thankfully this one actually requires you to aim. The ink doesn't fall, so none of that "I kill you by firing in your general direction!"

EDIT: Used it in a few turf wars battles. This thing does require aim, but it still feels pretty cheap. If you can get the high ground, you can hold off anyone who doesn't have crazy range. I was able to hold off all of the opponents from entering our turf with this thing. It feels more like a long range Rapid Blaster than it does a Slosher.

Next week is a new weapon type. The Bubble Blower I think it is? After reading the description, I can't tell if it'll be garbage or amazing. It seems self-destructive, especially if you use it against dualies.

New stages have arrived as well! One for general matches, and one for Salmon Run. I haven't played on either of them. The Salmon run stage was available a few days ago if you wanted to play with friends, but it'll be on the scheduled Salmon Run today at 7pm (my time atleast) through all day Sunday. For the Manta Maria, I'm sure it'll be regularly in most of the modes to be shown off.

So the meme going around this time is "Free Callie"? Thank God it's something actually nice and relevant to the freaking game.

Why the hell doesn't my 3DS stylus work with the screen? I wanted to make a supercool banner for my Splatfest team.

Last edited by big bad birtha; 08-26-2017 at 04:11 AM.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:49 AM   #15
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Ugh. Exact 50/50 win/lose rate. I contributed nothing to my Splatfest team. So much for conquering mediocrity! I guess I should be glad I didn't hold my team back. Also despite losing as much as winning, my power level went up in the end.

The Splatfest was fun overall. A good amount of the matches I had were close struggles. My alt had some losses that were all due to us not inking our base enough. What makes no sense is how my alt's power level was 200 points above my main, when my main did better. There were also very few Flight vs Flight matches, which was nice. I still find it weird I had so many Mayo vs Mayo matches.

I took a couple of screenshots.

This is almost legendary. A perfect 50/50 tie in turf wars. I wish I could have sent a message to one of the opponents to see if they were considered the winners as well.

I have the answer to the most important question to Splatoon 2. "With how low down that skirt is, does Marina's ass crack show?" The answer is "no" you sick person.

WHY CAN'T I KEEP THIS FUCKING SPLATFEST TEE?! *sniff*

Get some payback for all of that sass! (Splatfest results spoiler)

I don't quite get how to use the Bubble Blower special effectively. It seems like garbage, but I might be missing something.

The new stage in Salmon run seems easier. There's more room, which is really valuable in high tide. I had the "genius" idea to climb one of the walls during a Griller run and just stay on it to keep the Griller still for my allies to take down. Small fries ended up breaking their rules and climbed up after me.

EDIT: An important tip for Salmon run. When the run starts, instead of inking things around you to make moving around easier, it is better to watch the tide, so on the off-chance it is a low tide, you can spam "This Way" like some smartass. When someone does that, I want to spam "This Way" and jump in the water, but I haven't had the nerves to do that.

Last edited by big bad birtha; 09-03-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:28 PM   #16
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

birtha you know you can scrub the splatfest tee for ability chunks right
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-03-2017, 05:18 PM   #17
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I know that, and I did scrub it, but 3 ink saver sub chunks =/= perfect ink saver sub shirt. If anything, it's 1/20 of a perfect ink saver sub shirt, so having it just turn out like that for something I can't keep is kinda infuriating. The shoes in that shot were a fucking bitch to make, and I need to do it for 2 more pieces of equipment (not for ink saver sub mind you).
Old 09-03-2017, 10:50 PM   #18
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

oh god I underestimated how much it takes to make an actual ability never mind
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-08-2017, 01:53 PM   #19
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

Wait, scrubbing clothes gets you chunks?! I wish I knew that

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
Old 09-10-2017, 02:57 AM   #20
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Is there some sort of message I'm unsure of when you make smiley faces in enemy territory? Every time I do it in turf wars, the enemies get pissed. One guy saw me do it and went after me the entire time I was in the lobby. I'm not doing it as a taunt. I just don't like how Turf Wars became "srs bsns" after becoming a little more experienced, so I wanted to make some cheer on the map!

I feel bad for anyone wanting to do a bunch of Salmon runs tomorrow on the Sunday off. I forget all of the weapons, but it's the Blaster, Charger, Roller, and Sloshing Machine. It's not a bad line-up, but there's no shooters, and they can be unwieldy. There's also very little crowd control, so uhhh.....you're gonna need a really cooperative team.

EDIT: Well color me wrong. This is one of the smoothest roads to 1200 bonus I have had in a long while. 2 losses the entire thing. This wasn't quite as easy as the time where all 4 weapons were shooters, but it was still smooth sailing. I was worried, because there's plenty of people who aren't great with chargers, rollers, or blasters.

So after some thinking, I started to feel guilty. I made the idea of a butt-crack, but I did not deliver. After months of research, I found a butt-crack! THAR SHE BLOWS! ('tis the male character)

Last edited by big bad birtha; 09-10-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:20 AM   #21
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

The Salmon Run that is currently going on is a must-do. The weapon generation is completely random. Sometimes you'll get a run where everyone is a charger, sometimes you'll get a try with the snazzy Grizzco Blaster. I once got the N-Zap twice in a row. It goes on all day Saturday and ends on Sunday.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:13 PM   #22
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

This upcoming weekend is Vampires vs. Werewolves. A Classic tale. .....of course you could just pick Dracula and get both, but you get the idea.

Which side will you be on?

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
Old 10-07-2017, 03:29 PM   #23
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

something something jokes about twilight

marina is team werewolf so
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 10-08-2017, 01:42 AM   #24
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

You could choose Vampire to get flight AND invisibility.

It's Team Loli vs Team Furry. I think I'll just go Team Loli.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:59 PM   #25
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Big new update coming Friday. I'm guessing that all of these things will be released by the end of December, and alot of this stuff will be available Friday.

This should give some of you who are burnt out on Splatoon 2 some reasons to play again.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games