Cyndaquil UPN PASBL 2.0: Brave Saix vs. RealMrGame10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMrGame10 View Post
Brave Saix (C) vs. RealMrGame10 (A)
3v3
AP restriction: 12
72 Hour DQ
Return = KO
Arena = Forest Clearing with Stream: Basic Lawn arena surrounded by trees and a has a small stream bisecting it.
Simple stats, a good straightforward test. Let's be getting those squads in boys.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 03:04 PM   #2
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Thanks for picking us up Connor. Now let's have us a Real Game!

Nox the Male Rhyhorn @ Maranga Berry [HP Grass] (3)

Kiate the Female Gliscor @ Yache Berry [HP Water] (5)

Rindo the Female Crogunk @ Black Sludge (1)

Maz the Female Dewpider @ Coba Berry [HP Fire] (1)

Aromee the Female Budew @Black Sludge [HP Ice] (1)

Hit Bit the Magnemite @ Eviolite [HP Water] (1)
Old 01-01-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
RealMrGame10
Sad Sora

Thanks for reffing, Connor! Let's get it, Saix!

Amelia the Female Emolga @ Damp Rock (1) HP Water
Zuko the Male Zubat @ Black Sludge (1) HP Fighting
Axel the Male Monferno @ Rowap Berry (3) HP Grass
Anne the Female Mimikyu @ Lum Berry (3) HP Ground
Inigo the Male Dewott @ Evolution Charm (2) HP Ground
Chomp the Female Gabite @ Yache Berry (2) HP Steel

Axel, kick it off.

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
RealMrGame10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 06:56 PM   #4
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Rindo, take care of things! Vacuum Wave to open then spit a Gunk Shot at Axel!
Old 01-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #5
RealMrGame10
Sad Sora

Fake Out, moving yourself so that you position yourself away from that Croagunk's face. Use your Strength to grab it from behind and do a wrestling throw onto the ground, keeping the face away from you as long as possible.

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 01-03-2018, 06:30 PM   #6
Connor
Disillusioned

The gentle gurgling of the stream is the only sound hanging in the morning air, heavy with dew, but to the more observant eye it is clear that something is about to occur. Tension hangs thick in the air, punctuated by the sheer contrast with the serene picture of the surroundings. Soon, it becomes evident what the source of said tension is. Two figures gradually make their way through the brush, gingerly parting branches and vines which hang in their way. As soon as they see one another, their faces beam with fire, a clear indication that the two were looking for one another. It takes hardly any time for two Poke Balls to hurtle through the air and their combatants to present themselves, Rindo hunched and grinning while Axel stands loud and proud, the Monferno clearly fancying himself in this particular fight.

Wasting no time, Rindo stretches her body, her grin never faltering from her face. Drawing her right arm back, she allows a faint orange glow to begin emanating around her fist, the vibrant energy quickly gathering into a thickened orb. Axel doesn't like the look of this at all, crouching down and tensing the muscles in his legs before launching forwards through the air. Spreading his arms apart, his intentions are clear, but Rindo is faster. With a grunt, she launches the energy around her fist into the chest of her foe, the force knocking Axel's charge somewhat, and leaving the strike of the Fighting type off kilter. Despite this, Rindo staggers back, shaking her head as she tries to recover, and in this time Axel shrieks. Darting behind his foe, he grabs Rindo as best he can, before exerting his muscles and twisting her over her own head, the Croagunk hissing as she is slammed into the ground. Unfortunately for Axel, trying to pin a Pokemon both larger and heavier than you is unlikely to go particularly well. With some exertion, Rindo manages to twist her body around, spewing forth a massive glob of sickly toxic goo directly into the face of her foe. Axel is left skittering away, coming to a halt a few feet from his foe ... before shuddering, a pale purple hue tinging his fur to signify the poisons beginning to set into his body.

Axel is poisoned and took a pretty hefty blow, but isn't that far behind. Both good to continue.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:05 PM   #7
RealMrGame10
Sad Sora

Quick question,

Croagunk is only about 2 pounds heavier than Monferno, is that difference particularly significant in consideration for Strength's success?

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 01-05-2018, 04:58 AM   #8
Connor
Disillusioned

Strength succeeded insofar as you managed to chuck Croagunk, but the attempted pin itself was awkward due to size difference, which in conjunction with the fact Croagunk is slightly heavier meant Croagunk could wriggle enough to get a shot off. If it's any consolation, the hit was a slight partial (which I don't think I made clear enough at all, my bad).
Old 01-05-2018, 02:04 PM   #9
RealMrGame10
Sad Sora

All good, that clears things up!

Flamethrower while you maintain your distance. Fire Punch if the Croagunk gets in range, but otherwise, Will-O-Wisp

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 01-05-2018, 10:17 PM   #10
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Use Bounce to dodge the flamethrower, then spit a Venoshock midair!
Old 01-15-2018, 07:08 AM   #11
Connor
Disillusioned

Determined to begin making up the gap forming between the pair, Axel hisses, the flame on his tail flickering wildly to reflect his anger. With a loud hiss, the flame intensifies, the mouth of the monkey opening wide to accommodate an abrupt gathering of flame. Rindo's eyes narrow, the Croagunk immediately becoming wary, and with good reason. Without much warning, a violent tongue of flame leaps from the mouth of Axel, rushing towards Rindo ... who grins. Axel's eyes narrow at this, wondering why his foe would be grinning given the circumstances, and Rindo soon elaborates. Crouching low to the ground, the frog Pokemon makes uses of her natural abilities to launch herself skywards, clearing the incoming conflagration with ease before landing a few feet over from her initial position.

Annoyed by this failure, Axel watches his foe intently, waiting to see what Rindo will do before deciding upon his next move. The Croagunk does not keep him waiting long. Despite not being airborne as ordered, Rindo allows her poison sacs to swell, opening her mouth to spew forth a rancid rushing of green poisons, the foul expulsion sloshing over the body of Axel. Shrieking wildly from the abrupt pain spasming through his system, Axel narrows his eyes at his foe, his fury boiling to a dangerous point. Opening his mouth wide, he this time spews forth a small blue fireball, this attack seeming much more reserved than his previous outburst. Rindo soon realises this is not entirely the case. As the fireball makes contact, she writhes in abrupt agony, a small burn mark forming on her skin at the point of impact - while the flames were smaller, they were much more intense, and it is clear that Rindo has suffered from some nasty burning on her torso.

Both Pokemon good for two, but Rindo maintains the gap which has formed between the two, knocking Axel near the end of his first third..
Old 01-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #12
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Sludge Wave into Rock Tomb!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:56 AM   #13
RealMrGame10
Sad Sora

Aerial Ace and stay in close. Grab him with one hand and use the other to Fire Punch at the burn (unless that's a three-mover in which case just hug him with great Strength, Bewear style)

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL