UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team

Old 06-18-2007, 12:04 AM   #1
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Blastoise's ubar leetsauce trick room team (or fuck you Eeve

Here's a team I'm trying to breed. One down so far =X Building the team under item clause, just FYI.

Bronzong@Lum Berry
Levitate
Relaxed
252HP/84Att/20 Def/128SDef
Trick Room
Hypnosis
Stealth Rock
Earthquake

Likely lead, since it can throw a monkey wrench in the works for most starters.

Blissey@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Bold
4HP/252Def/252SAttk
Calm Mind
Softboiled
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

NO ONE EXPECTS THE CM BLISSEY INQUISITION

Vaporeon@Focus Band
Water Absorb
Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpAttk
Surf
Ice Beam
Wish
Toxic

Fuck you Eevee, you taught me to hate breeding all over again.

Rhyperior@Magnifying Lens
Solid Rock
Brave/Adamant
252HP/252Attk/4Def
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Megahorn

Dusknoir@Shell Bell
Pressure
Careful
252 HP/76 Def/180 SpDef
Pain Split
Trick Room
Ice Punch
Fire Punch

Already bred, yay me.

Hariyama@Concentration Band
Thick Fat
Brave
252Attk/128Def/128SDef
Knock Off
Whirlwind
Brick Break
Stone Edge

Anti-item support, phazer and all around sex machine.

EDIT: changed some natures/EVs.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:15 AM   #2

Re: Blastoise's ubar leetsauce trick room team (or fuck you Eeve

Might have a fairly awful time against gyarados and tyranitar.

toolazy to fix evs and such right now. later tomrow.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #3
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I don't really get why Dusknoir has Ice and Fire punch when Thunderpunch and Ice Punch provide much better coverage, especially against the big threats like Gyarados and Salamence.

An Anti-Starter Breloom could pose a problem against starting Bronzong, especially if your opponent knows you want to Trick Room or Stealth Rock first turn. While it can't land any Super Effective hits on it, 100% accurate sleep is massively annoying to anyone and easily gives the opposing team a free turn for anything.

Also, CSmence can easily eat more then 60% of your Bronzong HP at the start with Flamethrower. Fire Blast is 90% to 110%.

CBlax is also a problem. It's slower then almost everything (and thus, faster if you put up Trick Room) and depending on the moves, could hit your Pokemon for high end/super effective damage and can easily switch in on the CM Blissey or Vaporeon.

Also, small detail, but Bronzong can still hold 24 more EVs.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:09 PM   #4
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDevourer
I don't really get why Dusknoir has Ice and Fire punch when Thunderpunch and Ice Punch provide much better coverage, especially against the big threats like Gyarados and Salamence.
Fire Punch is mostly for Hera/Weavile/steel types, but I'm not married to it and I'll probably swap punches around as it suits me.

Quote:
An Anti-Starter Breloom could pose a problem against starting Bronzong, especially if your opponent knows you want to Trick Room or Stealth Rock first turn. While it can't land any Super Effective hits on it, 100% accurate sleep is massively annoying to anyone and easily gives the opposing team a free turn for anything.
Lum Berry cures any status condition, so a first tun setup isn't an issue.

Quote:
Also, CSmence can easily eat more then 60% of your Bronzong HP at the start with Flamethrower. Fire Blast is 90% to 110%.
And can be walled by Blissey or (probably) Dusknoir.

Quote:
CBlax is also a problem. It's slower then almost everything (and thus, faster if you put up Trick Room) and depending on the moves, could hit your Pokemon for high end/super effective damage and can easily switch in on the CM Blissey or Vaporeon.
While possible, it has a limited time to get in and still benefit from Trick Room, and gets walled by Bronzong.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
Loki

Sorry, didn't see the Lum Berry.

I mentioned CSmence vs. Bronzong because Salamence is a very deadly starter. It's very difficult to predict due to it's many (and boy do I mean many) standard movesets and leaving a Bronzong out on turn one either means melted frag or a good defense. While Blissey and Dusknoir can block a CSmence, it's still difficult to know whether you're making the right move or sending someone to their death, as that CSmence could just as easily be a CBmence or DDmence.

Anyway, from damage calculation, Snorlax's Crunch can 3HKO a Bronzong, which isn't really a whole ton considering you get hit on the switch-in, the turn you do Hypnosis, and the next turn if you missed last turn. But yeah, Trick Room is a limited boost so there is a pretty good chance Snorlax won't be able to take extreme advantage of it. Surprisingly, Return does a decent amount of damage even to Bronzong.

Ever considered Cursepassing to a Tricknoir or Trickzong? Although, I guess that's more for novelty, since the setup would probably take way too long unless you Mean Looked a non-[p]hazer first.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:30 PM   #6
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDevourer
I mentioned CSmence vs. Bronzong because Salamence is a very deadly starter. It's very difficult to predict due to it's many (and boy do I mean many) standard movesets and leaving a Bronzong out on turn one either means melted frag or a good defense. While Blissey and Dusknoir can block a CSmence, it's still difficult to know whether you're making the right move or sending someone to their death, as that CSmence could just as easily be a CBmence or DDmence.
This is true for pretty much everyone though, unless you're using a Forewarn Pokemon. And ATM from what I've heard Specsmence is the most popular Salamence setup so far, so prediction isn't as ugly as it could be.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:52 PM   #7
Loki

Yeah, I've been hearing that too. But I guess that makes the other Salamence variations more of a surprise xd.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team