• Gary, Ivysaur: 300 HP
  • Median Dia, Pumpkasaur: 300 HP
  • sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat, Paras: 300 HP
  • Missingno. Master, Yanmega: 300 HP
  • myahoo, Pidgey: 300 HP
  • Ironthunder, Vulpix: 300 HP
  • Meetan, Ekans: 500 HP
  • Zelphon, Misdreavus: 300 HP

Everyone could notice the sleepy aura of the island as soon as they arrived, and the wretched laughs of the Shiinotic as it rampaged through the candy kingdom. THis was going to be a more difficult fight than the one here last time was, but they needed to be prepared or everything was going to turn sour.

Dynamax Initiative:
Meetan, Ekans
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Thursday, April 9th to place your order.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 01:41 PM   #2
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Confuse Ray. 0BP because, well, confuse ray.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:52 PM   #3
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Paras, show them your power! Metal Claw(50BP)

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:19 AM   #4
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Gary was in awe as he stumbled across the terrain of the Saccharine Sweets Gym. The island he arrived on was something straight out of a fairy tale as it seemed to consist entirely of edible sweets. Gary’s scientific mind tried to analyze and rationalize how this place came to be this way, but the only conclusion he could come to was that this world of Pokemon he lived in will forever be shrouded in mystery and filled with creatures that possessed strange powers. Perhaps a high concentration of a particular type of Pokemon in this area created a sort of distortion in the environment that somehow took a life of its own and became self-sustaining. Whatever the answer was, it would have to wait for another day as there were more pressing matters at hand.

The reason he had arrived upon this island was not for exploration and research; Gary had come at the summons of a Power Spot become active and there was a Dynamax Raid Boss that needed to be dealt with. It didn’t take Gary long to arrive at the scene of the battle-to-be; the gargantuan fungi with an extraterrestrial aesthetic was a dead giveaway. Gary didn’t know a lot about Shiinotic, but he did know that it was part Grass type as well as part Fairy, so he only had one of his most trusted companions in mind when he thought of how to deal with it.

Pulling a Luxury Ball off his Pokeball clip, Gary tossed it to reveal an Ivysaur who was just as perplexed about his surroundings as his trainer previously was. “We’ll take in the sweets later, Venu, for now we’ve got this giant mushroom to deal with!” The Ivysaur quickly responded with a “Saur!” and dug his heels into the ground below. “I don’t know what kinds of nutrients you’ll be absorbing from this soil, if you can even call it that, but maybe a little sugar intake in your vascular system will give you a boost! Use Ingrain (0 BP)!” Venu smiled and nodded as he produced a set of vines from the base of his flower and prepared to dig them into the ground below.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #5
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Carmilla it's time to shine! Give them a Psywave

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:15 PM   #6
myahoo
Soul Badge

Wildwing, Air Cutter (60 BP)
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:30 PM   #7
Meetan
Soul Badge

Time to dynamax, Eliza! And Max Ooze via Gunk Shot! [120 BP]
Old 04-08-2020, 03:10 PM   #8
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As Willa looked up at the huge Shiinotic, anyone looking at her would... have no freaking clue what she was thinking. Which was pretty par for the course with her, in all fairness- she had a tendency to not give away much, if anything at all, by facial expression alone. However, that's not to say she wasn't thinking anything- on the contrary, she was paying rapt attention to the other gathered Trainers. She'd seen the swirl of Dynamax Energy, and she'd seen that the Trainer with the Dynamax capability was the one who'd brought the Ekans. And between knowing what she knew about Max Moves, and being the girlfriend of Fizzytopia's most accomplished Poison-type master, Willa knew damn well what the Poison-type Max Move would do. And it only boded well for her and Yanmega.

"Not yet, Yanmega, "Willa murmured as the Ogre Darner Pokémon gave a questioning rumbling sound. "We wait to see what she does..." And sure enough, her patience was rewarded as she saw Alice deciding to Dynamax her unusually pink Ekans, and command it to use Max Ooze.

And that was exactly the opening Willa was waiting for. As soon as she could tell that the energy from the Max Move had caused everyone's Special Attack to go up, she gestured towards the Shiinotic. "Attack!" she called to Yanmega.

"Yan ya!" rumbled Yanmega, getting ready at once, his four wings generating blades of Air that would Slash away at the Shiinotic, further powered up by Max Ooze's effect.

OOC: Yanmega used Air Slash (75 BP).
Old 04-08-2020, 03:48 PM   #9
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

In light of my first attempt at RPing being lost to the void thanks to a computer crash and there not being much time left for this round left anyway, I'm gonna keep things simple. Sludge (65 BP)!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:04 PM   #10
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

Dynamax Boss Shiinotic
★★★★
Health Gauge: 84%
Shields Up: 0

Raid Boss Attack Summary:

Attack 1: The raid boss has hit itself in confusion!

Attack 2: Dazzling Gleam (80 BP)
Gary, Ivysaur: 210 HP
Median Dia, Pumpksaur: 210 HP
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat, Paras: 180 HP
Meetan, Ekans: 610 HP
Attack 3: Max Starfall (130 BP)
myahoo, Pidgey: 105 HP
Trainer Passive Healing Summary:

Ingrain
Gary, Ivysaur: 229 HP
Raid Challengers:
  • Gary, Ivysaur: 229 HP (Ingrained)
  • Median Dia, Pumpkasaur: 210 HP (+1 Sp, Atk)
  • sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat, Paras: 180 HP (+1 Sp, Atk)
  • Missingno. Master, Yanmega: 300 HP (+1 Sp, Atk)
  • myahoo, Pidgey: 105 HP
  • Meetan, Ekans: 610 HP (+1 Sp, Atk) [Dynamaxed, 2 turns remaining]
  • Zelphon, Misdreavus: 300 HP

As the first round begins, the trainers use this oppurtunity to get set up. The confuse Ray from Vulpix definitely helps out with the boss missing an attack, but it seems to snap out of it after the first time that it happens. Not phased, Paras goes in for a metal claw, but as it does so also get blasted by the Shiinotic's Effect Spore, but the Paras is unaffected. Even with Alice's dynamax, the trainers don't seem to max much progress againt the Shiinotic, and its eerie grin beems down on them.

Dynamax Initiative:
Meetan, Ekans
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Monday, April 13th to place your order.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 04-10-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:09 PM   #11
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Alright Venu, let's hit it with a Sludge Bomb (90 BP)!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:

Last edited by Sandaa; 04-10-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:42 PM   #12
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Fire Blast, 110 BP.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:40 PM   #13
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Dat's gotta be da pinkest Ekans I eva seen in all my nine lives!" Meowth exclaimed from his perch on Keith's shoulder- from where they were on the Banette's Revenge, they could see a good portion of the action. The Dynamaxed Pokémon, at the very least. "And dat's da Poison-type Max Move, yeah?" he added. "Max Ooze?"

Keith nodded. "Max Ooze," he confirmed, not taking his eyes off the action- he had brought along a pair of binoculars, and was using them to get a closer look at the action. "Aaaand... yeah, yep, Willa held off on having Yanmega attack until the Max Ooze happened," he grinned. "I expected nothing less from her, that was beautiful timing."

"Yeah- Max Ooze boosts Special Attack, ya said?" Meowth asked.

"Mm-hmm," Keith confirmed. "And Yanmega went for Air Slash almost immediately afterwards, she knew damn well what she was doing there. This is off to a good start!"

~~~~~

Willa felt quite confident, allowing herself the smallest of smiles- this was off to a good start. The Paras, despite incurring Effect Spore, was immune to its effects due to being a Grass-type itself, and they had started landing some powerful blows on the mammoth mushroom. Shiinotic hadn't taken too terribly much damage just yet, but it was about to really start piling up now. Undoubtedly it would soon put up a barrier, but even that would likely take a lot of abuse in the minutes to come. "Again, Yanmega!" Willa commanded.

"Yan ya!" rumbled Yanmega, preparing for another Air Slash. They all knew better than to expect any kind of flinching- Dynamaxed Pokémon can't flinch, this was just a simple fact of life- but the damage it would deal was more than sufficient.

Old 04-10-2020, 09:09 PM   #14
myahoo
Soul Badge

Air Cutter (60 BP)
Old 04-11-2020, 12:00 AM   #15
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Creativity? Who needs that when you can just spam Sludge (65 BP)?

I swear, my attack options are way too limited in this fight for a pokemon with a fairly sizable movepool...

Last edited by Median Dia; 04-11-2020 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:35 PM   #16
Thunder Badge

Don't let up! Metal Claw(50BP), again!

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 04-12-2020, 01:41 AM   #17
Zelphon
Caffeinated

It's a tropic heat wave...wait no that's not right, use another Psywave (??? BP)!

Old 04-13-2020, 08:23 PM   #18
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

Dynamax Boss Shiinotic
★★★★
Health Gauge: 74%
Shields Up: 3

Raid Boss Attack Summary:

Attack 1: Spore
Blocked by Misty Terrain
Attack 2: Dazzling Gleam (80 BP)

sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat, Paras: 60 HP
myahoo, Pidgey: 0 HP [KO'D]
Meetan, Ekans: 520 HP
Zelphon, Misdreavus: 180 HP
Attack 3: Max Mindstorm (130 BP)
Meetan, Ekans: 325 HP
Trainer Passive Healing Summary:

Ingrain
Gary, Ivysaur: 247 HP
Raid Challengers:
  • Gary, Ivysaur: 247 HP (Ingrained)
  • Median Dia, Pumpkasaur: 210 HP (+1 Sp, Atk)
  • sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat, Paras: 180 HP (+1 Sp, Atk)
  • Missingno. Master, Yanmega: 300 HP (+1 Sp, Atk)
  • myahoo, Pidgey: 0 HP [KO'd, 1 Round to recover]
  • Meetan, Ekans: 610 HP (+1 Sp, Atk) [Dynamaxed, 1 turns remaining]
  • Zelphon, Misdreavus: 180 HP

The Shiinotic does not give up its assault, and continues to bombard the trainers. It unleashes a noxious amount of soporific spores, sending Vulpix to a nice place of sleep. It then notices Alice and her Ekans dawdling about, and takes advantage of that by blasting them with a Max Mindstorm as well as hitting Ekans and some of its friends with a Dazzling Gleam, causing poor Pidgey to faint. With its shields up, thigns weren't looking good.

Dynamax Initiative:
Meetan, Ekans
  • You have until Friday, April 17th to place your order.

Absences- Meetan (1)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 04-18-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:52 PM   #19
myahoo
Soul Badge

Cheering to break a shield
Old 04-14-2020, 05:39 AM   #20
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Well fuck. Guess I'm just sleeping, then. Fire Blast for 110 BP if you do wake up though.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:05 PM   #21
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Can you guess what's coming? That's right...it's PSYWAVE!!!!

Old 04-15-2020, 03:40 PM   #22
Thunder Badge

Shatter the shields... Destroy the opponent's will to live! METAL CLAW(50BP)!

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 04-15-2020, 04:24 PM   #23
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Let's go for another Sludge Bomb (90 BP)!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 04-15-2020, 05:15 PM   #24
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ohey, I can post now! Though I suppose that nobody's really gonna be all that surprised that I'm gonna use Sludge (65 BP) here, huh?

Old 04-15-2020, 05:36 PM   #25
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Things had gone... fairly well thus far. Shiinotic had gone for Spore, but in doing so, seemed to have forgotten the terrain- Willa smirked as the mystical fog repelled the powder completely. It troubled her that the Ekans's Trainer hadn't yet issued another command, but she shrugged it off- she couldn't dwell on that for too long, she had to stay focused on the opponent. Though she allowed herself the smallest of smiles as she heard distant yet very familiar-sounding cheering coming from the direction she was pretty sure the Banette's Revenge was still floating offshore. Of course he probably brought those binoculars, of course he was watching. She had no conceivable reason to believe he wouldn't try and watch this raid, and it made her smile.

All the while, though, Willa kept her eye on the Shiinotic. Following the ineffective Spore, it had then gone for Dazzling Gleam, which hit several of its opponents at once, and then it unleashed Max Mindstorm, and the terrain changed as a result, the mystical fog of Misty Terrain giving way to pure unadulterated weirdness- a Psychic Terrain. None of this had hit Yanmega, of course. Whether this was due to Yanmega's increasingly Boosted Speed or else just pure dumb luck, Willa didn't know one way or the other. She'd like to think the former, but was prepared to accept that it was almost certainly the latter.

When the moment was right, Willa gestured forward once more. "Another Air Slash, Yanmega!" she commanded.

"Yan ya!" rumbled Yanmega, preparing to unleash yet another barrage of whirling blades of air at Shiinotic.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 04-15-2020 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League