Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 04-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #51
phoopes
Double Dragon

I have dibs on the date-rape Smeargle.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #52
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Let's do this! Sign on in if you like for some beta testing. No one else is on yet but I'm going to go ahead and idle in there.

EDIT: After a day at Anime Boston, Yuki's a trooper and signed on like immediately. :o So we've got at least two. So come on down if you were going to skip out were it only going to be just me and you. XP

Last edited by Talon87; 04-07-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #53
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
hm, sure
Old 04-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #54
phoopes
Double Dragon

I'm there as well.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #55
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I want to thank everyone who turned up for tonight's call-out. It looks like fun was had by all. I'm glad that people are enjoying this project. Be sure to check out your battle logs later today or tomorrow and share with the community some of your favorite moments. I would appreciate some feedback, positive or negative, about various things you encountered while beta testing.

If you haven't gotten in on the fun yet, what are you waiting for? Check out the league website today and download the latest boxes for use with the Pokémon-Online software.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #56
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Recent discussion about Toxicroak in the Pokémon-Online thread prompts me to remind people that if they would like to submit creatures (be it species or moveset or both) which they do not yet see in the current UPN CC League roster and which they feel deserve to be tried out, then they should either post the creature specifics here or PM them to me. I will try to get the creature made and can then later update the boxes for everyone to re-download.

Dragon dancers, as we feared months ago, seem to be a serious threat in our format. Being the lucky bastard who gets a DDer out who can force a switch and set up a Dragon Dance or two with impunity has decided many matches, even if the opponent was still able to somehow miraculously kill the DDer eventually. I don't want to gimp Dragon Dancers -- I would like for people who luckily draft one to still get to be excited and happy that they did -- but I would like to make a pointed request for monsters which out-of-the-box or (at worst) with minimal support can serve as good counters to these beasts. "Minimal support" means the presence of one allied element, not specific creature, or the presence of one support move on an allied creature, not three or four in a chain. The current Dragon Dancers in the format are:
  • Charizard
  • Gyarados
  • Dragonite (1 of 2)
  • Salamence
In the case of Dragonite and Salamence, I'm thinking Steel/Rocks with Stone Edge might be good candidates. (IIRC we already have at least one Aggron but perhaps not.) In the case of Gyarados and Charizard, I think it'd really boil down to which move the DD user decided to go with following his DD spam. Anyway, don't go apeshit with this. ^^; I don't want to see a crapton of Ice Shard Lapras and Mamoswine submissions. (Not to mention we already have these. ) The idea is less one of "Who can snipe a DD dragon?" and more one of "Who can do his own thing to help out CC teams but who also, incidentally, would be an enormous asset when confronted by a DD dragon?"

The format could also use the help of people who are fans of non-pure aggression movesets. Since that tends to be what the three prominent UPN CC players are fans of, that tends to be what most of the movesets you see are. Understandably, it's also the most classic and the easiest playstyle to use out-of-the-box @ zero assistance from the other five team members. However, if you're a fan of stall, if you're a fan of team synergy, then consider submitting some movesets that appeal to those likes of yours. Don't submit somebody who flat out doesn't work unless he's lucky enough to be partnered with a specific mon @ specific moves 'cause that isn't likely to happen in this format and will just make that guy dead weight for whoever drafts him. But at the same time, don't freak out about the prospect of a guy having two of his four moves be worthless outside of very special situations at which time they become amazing. 99% of the time, he's still got those other two good moves. And then that 1% of the time, magic happens. If it turns out that such a mon is super duper shitty in this format, we'll find it out pretty quickly during testing and be able to retire him. ^^; But it's the chance that he works wonders that I'm aiming for.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #57
phoopes
Double Dragon

Oh, that's right. I was going to make more of these for you. Um... something that comes to mind right away is Unaware Curse Quagsire, with Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Waterfall / Aqua Tail. I'll work on that and a bunch of others today. When I left off last, I was about halfway through a box, so I'll try to get another box to you by the end of today.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #58
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
>DDers
>No Whiscash

The amount of FISHRAGE being experienced is making me consider making some of my insane sets again to submit.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #59
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Oh, that's right. I was going to make more of these for you. Um... something that comes to mind right away is Unaware Curse Quagsire, with Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Waterfall / Aqua Tail. I'll work on that and a bunch of others today. When I left off last, I was about halfway through a box, so I'll try to get another box to you by the end of today.
I just realized something....this set would have to worry about Tropius. Like...bad. (Notice; He is the only Grass type DDer, hence, why I included him.)

Even at +1 it won't survive Adamant 252 Atk Tropius' Leaf Blade.

EDIT: NEVERMIND HE CAN'T LEARN BOTH!!!!

Last edited by Emi; 06-11-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #60
Talon87
時の彼方へ

1. The league does not (yet) have a Tropius of any kind, much less a Dragon Dancing Tropius.

2. Even were you to make one, the statistical odds of drawing that Tropius would currently be 1 in 146. Not the greatest odds in the world. (And they're only going to get worse as people submit more and more creatures.)

3. Even were you to draw the Tropius, the odds that either you or the opponent would draw Whiscash would be 1 in 145 (you) or 1 in 146 (them), making the combined likelihood a less than 1-in-10,000 occurrence.

tl;dr I'm not sure you realize how the Challenge Cup league works. ^^; That a creature can be a brick wall counter to something does not mean that that something is suddenly unusable. Turning this argument right around is exactly why I am not worried that people submitting 5 to 10 anti-DD movesets will suddenly kill the fun factor of drafting a DDer.

====================

As for Whiscash, no, we do not have any Whiscashes yet. Feel free to submit one. I don't believe we have any Toxicroaks either.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #61
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
1. The league does not (yet) have a Tropius of any kind, much less a Dragon Dancing Tropius.

2. Even were you to make one, the statistical odds of drawing that Tropius would currently be 1 in 146. Not the greatest odds in the world. (And they're only going to get worse as people submit more and more creatures.)

3. Even were you to draw the Tropius, the odds that either you or the opponent would draw Whiscash would be 1 in 145 (you) or 1 in 146 (them), making the combined likelihood a less than 1-in-10,000 occurrence.

tl;dr I'm not sure you realize how the Challenge Cup league works. ^^; That a creature can be a brick wall counter to something does not mean that that something is suddenly unusable.

====================

As for Whiscash, no, we do not have any Whiscashes yet. Feel free to submit one. I don't believe we have any Toxicroaks either.
I know how it works....I am just pulling a counter out of my head.

Also, DD Tropius sucks major bullocks(Strongest STAB is Aerial Ace and Razor Leaf, so no.)
Old 06-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #62
phoopes
Double Dragon

Yeah, the counter Quagsire actually does have a use as a bulky sweeper, not just being a Dragon Dance counter. On the subject of Dargon Dance Whiscash, though, that thing can be pretty beastly if given the chance.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #63
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Blaze submitted a Whiscash and I went ahead and made it, Dave. If you don't like the fact that someone else beat you to the punch and/or you don't like the creature he submitted, well, you'd better get on it. ;P

He also submitted five other creatures including a number of fan favorites.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #64
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

When I get a moment I'll probably fire up my Acekard and see what 'mon I've got and send in as many as I can be arsed to copy over.

Blaze, you're a dead man.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #65
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
When I get a moment I'll probably fire up my Acekard and see what 'mon I've got and send in as many as I can be arsed to copy over.

Blaze, you're a dead man.
I also did a Volbeat, Poliwrath, Aerodactyl, Forretress, and......Arcanine.

Spoiler: show
Old 06-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #66
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Blaze submitted another twelve creatures. I went ahead and made their Level 100 versions but am procrastinating the level adjusteds in the absence of BST data from Blaze. They include familiar faces like Tauros and Kabutops and quite a few NFEs like Marshtomp and Chansey.

Once I get creatures from Dave and/or phoopes, I will probably go ahead and update the site.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #67
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Gonna start up writing up my stuff from SS now. Talon, do you want me to just straight PM them to you? Cos it's probably going to be a few PMs...
Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #68
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Gonna start up writing up my stuff from SS now. Talon, do you want me to just straight PM them to you? Cos it's probably going to be a few PMs...
Last time, I sent him a copy of the boxes I made from my files via a message on Skype, since that was easier for him. He did say somewhere previously that that's the method he prefers, but I think that would probably be fine.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #69
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If you can put all of your creations into a box and send it to me, that would be AMAZING. But I have otherwise been mumble grumble accepting puretext submissions since that's the status quo. But yeah: if you can find where your boxes are saved (which you will have to be able to do anyway if you hope to play UPN CC), move your submissions all into the same box, and then send me that box via Mediafire or whatever, that'd be amazingly easier for me.

As for where they go, you can either put them all in one big PM or you can post here. I would prefer not to get multiple PMs in the same quarter of a day.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #70
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Yeah I have no idea how to do that. I use one every day yet I am not good with computer. I've started putting them into a notepad document but if I can work out how to make them more accessable for this I'll try.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #71
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Yeah I have no idea how to do that.
Ignorance is not an excuse, they say, ... but I think it's especially true when I've written out instructions for you lot on how to do it.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #72
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Yeah, I saw that, but... isn't that how to download the boxes to use them? idk I didn't see anything on uploading our own stuff.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #73
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I haven't installed the new P-O yet for myself given all the UPN controversy there seems to be surrounding it. However, I did read just now that version 2.0.05 boasts "more offensive movesets in Challenge Cup." What this means is anyone's guess but if the movesets are anything like what we've been making in our UPN CC League, then it may -- emphasis, may -- render the CC side of the UPN project obsolete. However, even if that does in fact happen, the UPN CC box creatures would still be very useful for draft events (similar to a Battle Factory or Fantasy Football-style tournament). And of course if the new and improved P-O movesets don't hold a candle to ours, well, then of course we'll keep on chuggin' along with UPN's CC League.

In other news, Dave gave me a boatload of creatures a number of weeks back. I haven't adjusted any of their levels yet nor have I rearranged the boxes yet for two main reasons:
  1. it's a bitch to do in older versions of P-O and I keep hoping that a newer version might completely overhaul the box system
  2. ever since I added Dave's boxes to my own list, I've noticed that my P-O freezes for a good 30 seconds plus every time I click on the Boxes tab
#1 affects only me but #2 threatens to affect all of you and make your P-O client experience a suboptimal one. I suspect it's because P-O just wasn't designed with more than ten boxes in mind and the way it was written causes it to crap out worse and worse the more boxes you have. So I'm not sure what to do here but for now I'm holding onto Dave's submissions and going to see if things improve with the 2.0 series of P-O.

Last edited by Talon87; 07-09-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #74
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
I only switched back to the previous version because nobody is on the new version. It was lonely in there
Old 09-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #75
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

OKAY SO IT MAY NOT BE THE SAME CC BUT STILL LOOK AT THIS GUYS

NOT AS GOOD AS FIRST AND TECHINCALLY I'M TIED WITH THIRD PLACE BUT STILL! I FEEL SO ACCOMPLISHED \o/

And T-dos a bunch of us have PO v2 so you won't be lonely anymore :<

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON