UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 06-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #2476
Red Panda
head head bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...s-2-0.3484121/

Okay so I thought I remembered Serperior being highish but I did not remember Mid A.

Looks like his SubSeed set really is that good.
Mandibuzz was NU?

Also Serperior would greatly appreciate having it's offenses and defenses switched. 95/95/113 offenses isn't bad, and neither is 75/75/75 bulk (75/75/75 is actually better than quite a few OU sweepers).

Serperior could then run offensive sets like Coil, Calm Mind, Swords Dance, or flat out LO All-Out-Attacker. And Serperior doesn't even need Contrary for that.
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #2477
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

>Writes glorious post
>UPN eats it

Well okay then.

I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding going here. Miles, if I'm not mistaken, what you were trying to say boils down to "Deo-D is a major threat to my team", right? Deo-D is a powerful wall who isn't helpless offensively, it's true. It's just that the way you phrased it... Well, you put the hype on pretty thick. It's true that Deo-D can deal decent damage. But, frankly, walls which do nothing but wall are considered utter dead weight in pokemon. When told something they already know, it's standard for humans to assume that the person telling them meant something else- And so, your comment about Deo-D being able to dea damage was taken to mean "Deo-D can set up and sweep teams".

Now, to cut to the original matter- Your team taking down Deo-D. I'd suggest slotting Taunt onto one of your team members- It's easy to find a spot for it, since many pokemon learn it and it's a pretty useful move overall. An alternative would be to just muscle straight through it- For example, Aegislash can take him out with Shadow Ball followed by Shadow Sneak. An unconventional option would be to stall him out- If you have a pokemon with reliable recovery, running Toxic or throwing Toxic Spikes onto your team could be the solution. T-Spikes in particular serves well for countering stall (and breaking sashes), potentially being as useful as Taunt. Of course, it's major downside cones in requiring two turns to get the version you'll want against Deo-D. Of course, Team Preview comes to your aid in this example- if the opponent is running a primarily offensive team, a single layer should prove more than sufficient. Since Deo-D primarily runs support moves, Magic Bounce pokemon are also an option. The final option is to target his weaknesses rather than his strengths- pokemon with a high HP stat are less concerned with set-damage attacks, and a surprising amount of sweepers are quite decent in that regard. If he opts for a STAB attack rather than the standard Seismic Toss/Night Shade, Dark-types (such as Bisharp) can easily force him out or smash right through him. Ghosts are immune to Seismic Toss, Normals are immune to Night Shade, although I think the former is more popular than the latter.

tl;dr: Taunt is an easy solution which doesn't require switching up your team, but do consider running Aegislash if you find Deo-D to be a truly must-die threat to your team.

EDIT: >Writes up post
>Goes offline
>Comes back
>Posts
>Issue's been resolved

It's like I'm not even relevant!
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #2478
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
Someone say Skarmory? I have quite a few 4IV ones that are leftovers from my quest to breed a 5IV one. Even has the Egg moves Stealth Rock, Whirlwind, and Brave Bird. If you want one, let me know. Also, Stealth Rock is a transfer egg move, so yeah.

Anyways, have a battle I played a week ago.

Dont Talk Shit if you Cant Back it up (OU, 31 Turns)

Spoiler: show

The replay in itself is okay I guess. I played well, and was finally able to reveal my trump card against his Skarmory, it being my mixed Megachomp set that I love to use. But the real reason I posted this is the background about it. I doubt many of you care, but Im in Dragons Den, a Guild on Serebii. Anyways, this guy came to our Xat and decided to start talking shit about us, and me in general. I called him out on it, and everyone there wanted to see us fight, so naturally, me being the cocky asshole I am, I said "challenge if real." When I said that, he lolled at me and said hed be ready in a few and to wait on Smogtours. The thing is, though, he decided to make a semi stall team that took him about an hour, as we kept asking him what was taking so long, and he said "Im just getting ready.." Fast forward to the battle, he talked shit before it started, including "Fuck Talonflame", something I get a LOT.

Anyways, onto the battle itself. Heatran was a bitch. He had protect, and Keldeo was Specs so I had to switch yadda yadda ya. Lando was also a problem since he could U-Turn the switch in and also had intimidate, which prevented an Excadrill sweep. Aside from that, nothing of note happens (I lost Talonflame, but ehh, he wasnt needed that much tbh) untill Turn 22, which was Deja Vu from earlier. Then I sprung my trap. Garchomp is usually walled by Skarmory, and Mega Garchomp is fairly uncommon, even on sand. I used this to my advantage, and BOOM. Roasted Skarmory alive with Fire Blast. Broke the Skarm Bliss completely turn 26, and from there, it was gg. Venu was crippled beyond repair, Azu was severely weakened, and Keldeo rekt his entire team from there. Afterwards, he continued to call me a scrub even though everyone there said I rekt him so

Can I have one of these good sir?

Also, I don't think legends should be banned in OU, but I'm going to see if I can get qualified.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #2479
Cloneblazer12
somewhat temporarily back

Send a message via Skype™ to Cloneblazer12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewater View Post
Can I have one of these good sir?
Yeah sure. Though I think I only have like 3-4, so theyre limited.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #2480
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
ok, could I get one tonight?
Old 06-24-2014, 08:29 PM   #2481
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
Yeah sure. Though I think I only have like 3-4, so theyre limited.
Clone, drop one off for me as well.

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #2482
Cloneblazer12

Greedy People

PM me ur FCs. This is kinda cluttering up the thread.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #2483
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
Mandibuzz was NU?

Also Serperior would greatly appreciate having it's offenses and defenses switched. 95/95/113 offenses isn't bad, and neither is 75/75/75 bulk (75/75/75 is actually better than quite a few OU sweepers).

Serperior could then run offensive sets like Coil, Calm Mind, Swords Dance, or flat out LO All-Out-Attacker. And Serperior doesn't even need Contrary for that.
Oh yes, all that non subseed stuff I posted? Always remember Coil with that. Serperior tends to be frail without it. Pack a Yache Berry for Ice Beams or an Occa Berry for Flamethrowers, or whatever.

If you're running Giga Drain I think there's an item that gets you nore health from draining moves. I think, and I'm wiped, so tell me if I'm loopy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:54 PM   #2484
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I never was a fan of Coil. Strictly speaking its a good move and it can really do some damage, but NU's physical walls are far better than its special ones. Being walled by Tangela is not good, as its really popular. So its not "its bad on Serperior" its more "the meta is bad for it."
Old 06-24-2014, 08:56 PM   #2485
Heather
Naga's Voice

That's what Dragon Tail is for! Telling what you don't like to BUZZ OFF :-D

Quote:
Old 06-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #2486
Emi

Dragon Tail is swish like that. Though it means having to eat an HP Ice on the way through. Let me see how much damage that would do....

4 SpA Tangela Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Serperior: 106-126 (36.4 - 43.2%) -- 97.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Compared to a +1 Dragon Tail:

+1 252 Atk Serperior Dragon Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Tangela: 30-36 (8.9 - 10.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

...yikes
Old 06-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #2487
Red Panda
head head bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
I never was a fan of Coil. Strictly speaking its a good move and it can really do some damage, but NU's physical walls are far better than its special ones. Being walled by Tangela is not good, as its really popular. So its not "its bad on Serperior" its more "the meta is bad for it."
I don't usually use Coil on Serperior simply because Grass usually takes more SE damage from the Special side.

Ice, Fire, and Poison tend to be special. Flying and Bug not as usually but even so, I find that Calm Mind + Giga Drain makes Serperior's staying power increase far more than Coil ever does.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:08 PM   #2488
Heather
Naga's Voice

The point isn't doing a bunch of damage, its telling Tangela to get out. Unless it sets up ingrain first. Then take your Vladimir snake and run. Then show it Frost Breath Beartic or something of that nature.

Also Coil is more for those who would try Leaf Blade.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #2489
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles Fowl II View Post
The point isn't doing a bunch of damage, its telling Tangela to get out. Unless it sets up ingrain first. Then take your Vladimir snake and run. Then show it Frost Breath Beartic or something of that nature.

Also Coil is more for those who would try Leaf Blade.
Well its still going to kill you faster than you can kill it, because of Regenerator.

>Frost Breath Beartic

...when it gets Swords Dance anyways?
Old 06-24-2014, 09:38 PM   #2490
Heather
Naga's Voice

I haven't tried Beartic outside WhiteClone Team. Beartic doesn't have Swords Dance there, but Frost Breath and Icicle Crash do become fun. Just run a quick claw so you cam get a move in before lolfocusblastOHKO

Quote:
Old 06-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #2491
Cloneblazer12

Quote:
I haven't tried Beartic outside WhiteClone Team. Beartic doesn't have Swords Dance there, but Frost Breath and Icicle Crash do become fun. Just run a quick claw so you cam get a move in before lolfocusblastOHKO
...Quick Claw is a terrible item...
Old 06-24-2014, 09:51 PM   #2492
Heather
Naga's Voice

There's nothing but that to give any degree of help to Beartic's Speed, though. Choice locking it is just no. And if you can stop the OHKO by Focus Sash you're likely either in the first turns or you're FACING a scrub like me.

Oh god typo almost got me killed

Quote:
Old 06-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #2493
Emi

Beartic does get Aqua Jet. You might not have STAB, but it helps.

Beartic being slow is part of the reason its not good. However, you can get a Swift swim variant and use it on rain.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:56 PM   #2494
Heather
Naga's Voice

Remember that this was a clone of a team that just ckeared Story Mode. Elsa (Beartic) was mistky there to answer Ghetsis' Hydreigon. Then the fact tgat its all hax and stuff (perfects IVs in all stats and max EVs in all six stats as well!) KO'd it and so Mienshao had to take care of it.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2014, 10:07 PM   #2495
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Remember that this was a clone of a team that just cleared Story Mode.
Is this supposed to convince us of how good it is?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #2496
Emi

No I think he was just pointing out it wasn't meant to be too competitive.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:58 PM   #2497
Emi

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...nking.3509494/

Did not know NU Beta was a thing.

lol Sceptile. lol who would even use Serperior now. Yeah I'm not surprised its D-rank. Shiftry, Sceptile, Lilligant, Ludicolo all now compete with it. Yikes.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:27 PM   #2498
Red Panda
head head bitch

>NU Beta

Feraligatr, Lanturn, Granbull

This doesn't seem right. Lanturn was a premiere wall in RU last gen, and there really aren't any new threats to it. There's no reason for it to drop in usage.

Sheer Force Feraligatr is nothing to scoff at. It was one of the most fearsome sweepers last gen. Again, I don't see any new threats coming in to knock it down.

Granbull, if anything, is now immensely better than it was last gen. How could it not be in at least RU?

EDIT: Okay I found this thread that has conflicting info regarding Sceptile.

Last edited by Red Panda; 06-24-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:30 PM   #2499
Emi

>Lanturn

Pretty sure RU got a whole bunch of retardedly good wallbreakers.

>Gatr

Sheer Force doesn't exist, but yeah its pretty nuts.

>Sceptile

Once its mega is released it will be OU, like Zard.

>Granbull

Still slow af
Old 06-24-2014, 11:31 PM   #2500
Cloneblazer12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
>NU Beta

Feraligatr, Sceptile, Lanturn, Granbull

This doesn't seem right. Lanturn was a premiere wall in RU last gen, and there really aren't any new threats to it. There's no reason for it to drop in usage.

Sheer Force Feraligatr is nothing to scoff at. It was one of the most fearsome sweepers last gen. Again, I don't see any new threats coming in to knock it down.

I'm guessing that MegaEvos are different ranks (or they haven't factored it in yet) because MegaSceptile is NOT going to be NU.

Granbull, if anything, is now immensely better than it was last gen. How could it not be in at least RU?
The lower tiers, especially RU, are still in development. Take for example Mismagius. She was UU last gen, but this gen shes NU or RU (cant remember which). Same goes for Xatu. Im assuming that once the metagames mature a bit more, we'll see some NU Pokes move up a bit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON