UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 06-08-2014, 05:01 AM   #6426
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Eien no Aselia

I'm on the Aselia route. At least, I'm 99% sure I am. Thus far, it's been pretty entertaining. I hate most of the humans in this story but Yuuto is improving with baby-steps and the girls don't disappoint.

The route is awesome, and much more fun than I figured initially. In fact, once we got to Phantasmagoria I figured the novel would pick up, and it did, but it quite quickly fell back into relying on FOOD SCENES. But what's going on in Aselia's route is definitely good stuff.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #6427
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I've mentioned this in IM, but I just can not get into Eien no Aselia. I actually kinda wish I could skip the battle parts. It's so repetitive and time consuming. Each stage takes like an hour to burn through, which is exactly why I couldn't go through Super Robot Wars. The character interactions are indeed improving, and I'm going to keep trying to finish it. Hopefully I'll be able to make it!

I decided that I would read the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei manga. I'll give that a shot sometime.

Also, blue/purple skinned characters are awesome. Why is this not a thing?! Like monster girls, they're a vast minority. This is a travesty for Japanese media!
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:19 PM   #6428
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
Also, blue/purple skinned characters are awesome. Why is this not a thing?! Like monster girls, they're a vast minority. This is a travesty for Japanese media!
It's funny you mention this. I lost a lot of hours this weekend to fooling around in a Flash dress up applet where I made all manner of girls, including some with purple, indigo, and blue skin. (The indigo looks a lot lighter here as text than it does as a skin tone on a body.)

Also, if you're waiting to post about XY029, go for it. Didn't sign onto Skype all weekend in the end, never did ask Yuki about the thread idea, and think that I'll probably just go ahead and link in a second-to-first post all of the old posts in this thread which talk about XY that I can find. I may cop out and only link my own, leaving it to you, Adamant, et cetera to link their own. But I may also find that your guys' posts are really easy to locate and link them myself while I'm at it. Who knows.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #6429
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Eien no Aselia

I'm almost through the Aselia route. It feels like multiple people are writing this story. The "Yuuto-Shun-Kaori" main arc is thoroughly retarded, while the scenes involving Aselia herself rather sweet.

I really have to take Kaori to town here. She's like the VN equivalent of Smile PreCure!'s Candy. Candy was useless, vain and helpless. Her mere presence complicated the story needlessly and she was also blessed with ability she didn't deserve. Kaori is like that but is worthless, and even more troublesome is how everyone has a single-minded obsession over her for no reason.

It's almost like their magically enchanted to like her. Yuuto, for example

-sold his soul to save her life
-has been murdering tons of people to rescue her
-allowed himself to nearly be killed just to protect her

Shun is similar. Kaori has no redeeming qualities - she's an un-attractive loli with a weak body and a doormat personality. I can't understand the attractive force the gravitates people toward her. The fact that I keep hoping she gets killed or mind-broken just so I won't have to suffer through any more of her pouty sniveling is serious negative.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #6430
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Eien no Aselia is getting a bit easier to play. I'm trying to go the princess route, but if I don't, I'll try for Esperia. Though one good thing is I'm having a difficult time deciding who's route to do. Aselia is incredibly charming, Esperia is nice, and Listeena is also nice. I also don't think I"ll be able to do multiple routes, so I can choose two at best.

Pokemon XY 29
I saw that this was a Team Rocket episode. Needless to say, I had no expectations of it. (episode 29 spoilers)
Spoiler: show
Citron had some nice moments, but otherwise, it's what you'd expect from a Team Rocket episode. It didn't irritate me like I thought it would though, so I guess it was better than I expected? The real treat in the episode is the OP, which admittedly spoiled some things. So OP spoilers:
Oh shit! Sana and crew is going to be in the damn anime! Excellent! Hopefully Serena will bond with them and it'll be kind of like the game. Also Corni joining the team at the very end? That would be neat.

Last edited by big bad birtha; 06-10-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:02 AM   #6431
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Eien no Aselia

Alright, I'm through with this. The Aselia Route, at least.

I'm going to give it a 7. This was originally an 8. The early parts were great. But the lack of H really made things feel stunted, and once Aselia and Yuuto returned from Hyperia things went static. That doesn't invalidate the scenes from before, but it does tire me a bit.

This game is a curious mix of Fate/stay night, Muv-Luv Alternative and Demonbane. It takes the immortal concept from Demonbane, the world jumping and war of MLA, and the battle system, Servant and Noble Phantasm concept from FSN. It's interesting, but the final battle was a real chore. I don't want to go through that again.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #6432
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Pokemon XY 30
This was bundled with 29. (episode 30 spoilers)
Corni was very entertaining. I'm looking forward to the fact that she'll be with the main characters for a few episodes. Though a few minutes in, irritation kicked in. Time wasting Team Rocket just HAD to make their appearance. I was hoping that since they had the whole damn episode last week, they would leave the better episode alone, but NOPE! They really really need to do away with Team Rocket. Also I'm not too thrilled about Vagina Bird, but maybe I'll warm up to it.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:12 PM   #6433
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Censorship pisses me off, especially when it's handled as clumsily as this, but I should be more righteously angered at the original plot anyway because I'm so indignant toward polyamory. It's not even like Yuuto cared that much toward those two - from the girl's perspective, it's monogamy because they only liked one person - but he still engaged them intimately despite being totally in love with Esperia here. This was less obvious in the Aselia route, but I confirmed on EXHentai's galleries the scenes that were excised.

I'm really angry at this. Especially since it's hush-hush secret, and was maintained as such in the Aselia route to avoid breaking the main girl's heart. In general I don't tolerate cheating and in this case it's especially morally corrupt. There isn't any good reason people should like Yuuto anyway - the whole Tokimi scene is contrived and while it looked humourous/interesting in the gallery (I still want to read it) it was still in poor taste.

The closest analogy I can think of was in something called Green Green, where in the second OVA the main guy is in love with best girl Futaba, but worst girl Midori still bangs him and he kind of passively accepts it. Sorry, but no. At least that was a dream sequence. Eien no Aselia's was a backroom carnival of carnality.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-14-2014, 04:09 PM   #6434
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Eien no Aselia

I'm giving the Esperia Route a 6. I gave Aselia a 7 and would have given it an 8 if not for the bad experience I had with the final level, but looking back it's probably the better developed route. I might bump that rating. One, Aselia had more complex/dramatic development than Esperia did, and while Esperia was traumatized the story gave a pretty weak resolution to that.

Not to mention, the epilogue is horrifying. I was stunned to my toes. Something like that is my greatest nightmare.

After 2,000 years the whole civilization has regressed to a modest agrarian society. All the spirits are dead and never reincarnated. Even with all the intelligence available and knowledge of Earth and Yuuto's World, they never found an alternative energy to ether, so the human race has effectively died out.

I mean gaaaaaaaaawd daaaaaaaaaaaang, what the fudge? Why such a downer ending?? Did the writers want me to commit suicide or something?!

I have high expectations for the Orpha Route. Because MAN, that not pleasant.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-16-2014, 03:30 AM   #6435
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

T-t-orpipuru posto?!

Eien no Aselia

I've finished Orpha's Route, and that concludes the game of the three main heroines. Ultimately, I'm going to put it about the same, maybe less than Aselia's. It was not as outright horrible as Aselia's, with a less happy ending, but I was heavily disappointed by it. It started off great with strong development, and Orpha expressing frustration at liking Yuuto "in the same way as Esperia onee-chan and the others!" and not in a daughterly way, and Yuuto wasn't having any of it. He even promised to rethink their relationship when she grew up.

Well...this being a fetish game, she never did grow up. :/ Which was disappointing given her trivia bit hinted she would get bigger. Her past was interesting as well, as it tied in to the bonus scenes and changed up the format from the previous two routes.

However, I was disappointed that Orpha's original (adult) body died, along with her original sword, since that opened up a plot hole with the whole "splinter" idea of the swords, and it bit into the theme of Orpha and family. If Orpha was the origin of spirits, why would she be pleased to see the spirit system end, when it was stated that spirits were NOT born to be weapons?

I think the "black guardian" is probably going to end up as Uruka, given the friendship between Orpha and Uruka thus far.

Aselia - 8
Orpha - 7
Esperia - 6 (with prejudice)
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-17-2014, 03:25 AM   #6436
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Wow people, go watch some more anime! It's like I'm talking to myself, here.

Eien no Aselia - Lesteena

This is the best route aside from Aselia's. It's the most romantic even if Lesteena herself doesn't get a ton of development. I very badly wanted to know why she and none of the other royal family members and cabinet saw the spirits as friends and not tools, and how she developed a clear morality that troubled her throughout her reign.

It's also quite different, and Yuuto comes across as pretty manly in it. Unfortunately, it's also quite tragic, and while Lesteena has proven herself to be an excellent heroine, she isn't compatible with the stupid destiny inlaid by the story, so the ending is very bittersweet.

Lesteena - 8
Aselia - 8
Orpha - 7

Uruka is next, then I think I can polish off the other two routes fairly quickly. This is really tiresome.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #6437
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

There's not much for me to comment on after getting irritated with Eien no Aselia. Though I watched two short anime, so I guess I can go on about them?

Haitai Nanafa
This was cute, and I liked how dickish the loli wood spirit is, but otherwise, meh show. It was just another regular SoL show with some spirits mixed in, but nothing stood out. Thankfully this show only forces you to sit through 2 minutes of it, so that's one plus I guess? This gets a 5.

Plastic Nee-san
On paper, this is an awesome show. This show is really wild and over-the-top. This sometimes produces excellent episodes, but there's just as many misses. This is one show that would be better off as a longer show (atleast 10 minutes). Plastic Nee-san gets a 6. This is an example of an excellent scene!

This month's Monster Musume was another nice chapter. It's a shame this only comes out once a month, but there's around 40 pages a chapter, so it's still satisfying each month a chapter releases.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:33 AM   #6438
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Eien no Aselia

I'm almost done with this! Just two more routes, including the 'bonus' one and I am done. The Uruka Route continues in the vein of Lesteena's in being better than the others. Uruka is now my favourite girl too, but a big reason is she's the same 'samurai girl' mould that I seem to favour. Her development was pretty solid barring the elephant from Lesteena's route, why do these characters have inherent morality?

The epilogue was good, about the same as Aselia's. No dwelling on the past. It was even Muv-Luv Extra-like.

Lesteena - 8
Aselia - 8
Uruka - 8
Orpha - 7
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #6439
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

While playing DS, my TV is open to playing whatever as something to put some extra focus on. That said, two shows I paid half attention to!

Seto no Hanayome
This show is much more irritating than I remember. I mean, I remember the obnoxious and constant spazzing out, but I also remember there being some humor in all this obnoxious. Sadly in this rewatch, there just isn't that much humor outside of Hokuto no Ken Nagasumi and Masa being awesome. More than anything, the show got on my nerves. Also the show is supposed to be about mermaids, but they stay human the whole time. That's a freaking travesty! I give this rewatch of Seto no Hanayome a 6.

Kill la Kill
I'm not finished with it, but I've watched half of the show. This show is so much more entertaining when your attention is somewhere else. I'm too focused on my DS to be bothered by how dumb the show is, and the constant crazy action keeps me entertained. Though admittedly, the retarded girl is the best part of the show.

Also to my surprise, the Monster Musume manga is licensed, so I might as well support the niche and buy it! Maybe someday it'll start a revolution.

God the end season crept up on us. We're already nearing the end of most shows this season, which means it's time to talk about how meh the next season looks like! Here is a list. Pretty meh looking lineup indeed! For stuff I'm interested in or would like to comment on:

Sailor Moon Crystal: I will watch this, but I don't have any hopes for it. Toei is nothing more than a shameless money whore company now. So either expect this show to be completely halfassed, or expect a shitton of shameless advertising.

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma llya: First season wasn't bad, so I guess I will stick with this.

Free: Oh god. More Free. The novelty of this show wore off for me in season 1, so I might not watch this.

Glasslip: This might be okay. I hope it's more than a copypasta of Nagi no Asukara though. We don't need DRAMA!

Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus: Huh. This looks neat. It looks different at the very least, so I'll give it a shot.

Hamatora: Will watch this to finish off the story, or atleast I hope it will. I hope the studio picked enough budget to actually not make this look so cheap this time.

Sword Art Online II: PFFFFF! Ahahahahahahahahaha! Sword Art Online...WITH GUNS! Oh lord. Let's see how fucking stupid this shit will turn out.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #6440
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I've been incredibly busy lately and have fallen behind on a lot of anime watching and writing. Just to catch up, I may have to flat out skip a lot of posts (or just scale them back). We'll see.

Pokémon: Went ahead and created a thread for Pokémon XY discussion. I finally watched XY029 and XY030 myself and I'll probably post about those some time later in the week. I'd encourage anyone who wants to write about the most recent episodes to please go ahead and use the new thread. Don't wait up for me. ^^; As for linking back to our old posts, like I've said, I've been pretty busy. I might find some time to do that later tonight or tomorrow, we'll see, but for now the important thing is that we've got a new thread to aggregate our posts in going forward. It's just icing on the cake to be able to link our older posts for newcomers to read and reply to.

Summer 2014: As far as new series go, I might pick up one show to replace Mekakucity Actors or I might not. Originally I hadn't intended to pick up more than one show last season and that was JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I might continue that going into the new season or I might not. We'll see. There are some potentially really great ones that are about to air, too, including the Sailor Moon reboot, Prisma Ilya S2, and Glasslip. If I watch any three series this summer, it'll probably be these three.

I'll not be watching SAO S2, but I hope that those of you who want to will find it to be an enjoyable experience.

Apparently a v.2.0 of Psycho-Pass will be airing? O.o I might check that out just to see what editorial changes are made but assuming they're minor I'm going to put this one very low on the priority list and thus likely won't get around to it.

Aldnoah.Zero sounds like it could be good on the simple basis of it being an Urobuchi Gen tale, but unlike past series of his this one doesn't sound appealing enough from the blurb of text to make me want to prioritize it over the likes of Sailor Moon or Ilya S2. Again, we'll see. If it's the talk of the town then I'll give it a look; if not, then I won't.

Kyoto Animation wasting more time on Free (apologies, Free fans) is disappointing since we've waited long enough for Haruhi S3 now. Come on.

Rokujyouma no Shinryakusha looks like yet another shameless harem anime but I won't lie that the prospect of romance with a ghost girl in a haunted apartment makes me want to check it out. (And that girl on the bottom left of the poster ... if she's the ghost, then that's double the points!)

Kantai Collection's anime is airing next season? Well fuck. I had planned to watch that too. Goddammit. *sigh* Life just is too busy right now for me to watch much of anything. I'm not sure I'll be able to watch this one (and I'll certainly have to drop it if it's at the same level as Senran Kagura, which I imagine it will be), but here's hoping it's great and here's furthermore hoping that if it is great that I can find the time to watch it.

Is Uchuu Kyoudai getting another live-action movie and they're just showing an anime-style poster for it? Or is this "Uchuu Kyoudai #0" an actual anime movie? And, if so, is it going to be an OAV that picks up from where the television series left off? Or what? Depending on the answers to these questions, either I will or I won't watch it.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #6441
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Probably not picking up anything until the hype train treads over what is and isn't good. I'll be much more focused, hopefully, on writing Jinsei wa Hikikomogomo and finishing up my VN research.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-22-2014, 02:10 AM   #6442
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Kill la Kill
I finished this show. Honestly, I don't completely get the hype around this. Sure, it's pumped full of adrenaline, but that's really all the show has going for it. It doesn't even try to make the least bit of sense. I mean, the show isn't meant to be taken seriously, but it's pretty easy to see that the writers aren't even trying. The show is a big gigantic ball of shounen cliches. This show is better as background noise than something to pay full attention to. That's how I could watch the whole thing. The mindless action is cool when you don't really care that much about anything else. Mako is pretty great. Her dumb, goofy antics never fail to amuse. Actually a spinoff show about just Mako would probably be 10x better than this. Overall, Kill la Kill gets a 6. The show had its fun moments, but when watching this show, thinking is your worst enemy.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:58 AM   #6443
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Eien no Aselia

One more route to go (looks like I'm headed for the Bad End first, though). This is the first 9/10 route I'll give the story. The romance was good and well-developed and the approach was much more different than the other, 'main girl' routes. I feel bad for Kouin, but he won in every other route anyway. Kyouko really, really, really liked U's D.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-22-2014, 07:58 AM   #6444
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

I'm just going raid this place for a bit because it seems to be the place most fitting for what I plan to talk about. Kaisa and a few other people on Skype may know that I've been having a bit of a marathon with things, most of which have been sparked by the anime club that I'm a part of IRL.

Anyway, to the point! I've just finished...
Genshiken (Season 1)
So, I mentioned that I was going to watch this after seeing it elsewhere. I thought it was pretty nice, and I'm rather fond of the slice of life genre. I'm just one of those people who just watches for the fun of it, and Genshiken definitely didn't disappoint. I've yet to start the OVA and the second season, and I'll probably take a look at Nidaime as well. I know there's a thread around here somewhere with Genshiken, but I think I'll take a look at that post-Nidaime. I can see why Kaisa went mildly crazy when I mentioned choosing between Sakurasou and Genshiken. It was a fun ride, and I look forward to the next season and the newer one too.

Bokura wa Minna no Kawaisou
I loved the art throughout the entire season, to which I do recall BBB praising as well. The gags were indeed repetitive, but all in all, I still had a good laugh out of it. Was mildly tearing my hair out for some build-up to the UsaRitsu relationship, and at the very least, they wrapped that up nicely. To me anyway. >_>;

Will start to catch up on No Game No Life, more Genshiken shenanigans, probably Captain Earth. Should really take a look at JJBA which I've been delaying for way too long. *continues long list of things to watch*

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:31 PM   #6445
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Watched the final episode myself. This show had alot of potential. It could have been a really cute and heartwarming romance anime. While it had bits and pieces of that, amateurish writing and obnoxiously repetitive gags watered down its potential. I can't stand the "OH MY GOD! IT'S SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE UNDERWEAR! *has a seizure and dies*" thing the show has a bunch of. Also the gags...Jesus fucking Christ I got sick of hearing about this one guy being a masochist, or one woman being jealous of young people. Trust me, the show reminds you of this atleast 10 times per episode. For positives, the characters are nice outside of the "jokes". Also I really like the art, like I mentioned my last post. Also I do like the developments between the main couple...a little bit atleast. Some amateurish writing makes it a bit painful at times, but I did like seeing the main girl slowly open up to the main guy. This show gets a 6. It could have been much better. I would like to say this show's "jokes" should take a tip from Love Lab, which is from the same guy. Love Lab wasn't obnoxiously repetitive, and it was actually really funny, but that might be because of Mr Super Awesome Comedy Director.

I'll also start rewatching Chobits. I'll probably go on about my rewatching experience in the thread when I'm finished.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:13 PM   #6446
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
I'll also start rewatching Chobits. I'll probably go on about my rewatching experience in the thread when I'm finished.
Be gentle? ^^; But above all else be honest. :p Even if that means the full bbb "I'mma tell it like it is" treatment.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:24 AM   #6447
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Eien no Aselia

Rating: 8/10

Overall, I think Eien no Aselia was boggled down a lot by three main issues:

-the battle system
-the idiot main character
-the paucity of development scenes

A lot of the game was devoted to the moral argument of killing spirits, but either because of the censorship or RPG theme, I felt it hard to relate to this aspect. Yuuto being an idiot blessed with a Tohno Gland didn't help. The girls were all good too, with fun scenes and interesting personalities that helped the plot along.

Most of the routes were good. I'd say Aselia's was my favourite, she had the best visual development and compatibility in retrospect but the routes were better written with the Tokimi and Kyouko routes, such that even though Tokimi was relatively despicable I ended up feeling for her in her route. I even warmed to freaking Temuorin who came across first as a hag, then as a legitimate girl. It's weird.

I did not like the "god" plot twist in any route but I guess the game was forever destined to go there.

Recommended? If you are a huge RPG junkie, and love strategy games, maybe. Otherwise I'd only recommend this to a seasoned veteran who can look past the flaws. EnA is like a well-done steak but only well done in certain parts, so you have to cut it up and collect the pieces to get a good meal out of it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-03-2014, 01:11 PM   #6448
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Most of the spring shows have ended. That said, it's time to yammer on about them!

Cheese Bullet
Who needs cheesy action movies when you have Black Bullet?! This is the corniest show I have watched in a long long time. The show tries to be dramatic for dramatic's sake. Plotwise, it's nothing special. It had something potentially interesting going on with the main characters trying to figure out whether or not humanity was worth saving, but nothing worth a damn came out of it. Black Bullet gets a 4.

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
This season's "cute girls doing cute things" show. It's an okay show. The characters aren't very memorable, but the show has a couple of heartwarming and funny moments. It's just a shame my favorite character isn't even in the main group. Gochuumon gets a 6.

Hitsugi no Chaika
One of the better shows this season. It doesn't really do much to excite me, but I don't have any real problems with it. I'm interested in the plot atleast. For the action in this show, it's pretty good. It's down to Earth, and it doesn't bullshit you with typical powerlevel struggles or sudden power ups. Actually I was pretty excited in the last few episodes. Hitsugi no Chaika gets a 7.

Glasslip is out, so I'll watch that sometime. Here's to hoping it won't be a second season of Nagi no Asukara.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #6449
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Given the trailers, I both suspect and am hopeful that Glasslip will bear more in common with Tari Tari than with Nagi no Asukara. I enjoyed the latter, but I think I enjoyed the former more. Granted, I did marathon the former over the course of only a few days whereas Nagi no Asukara I watched weekly and had to endure the agony of week-long waits between episodes as a result, so that may have had something to do with it. *shrug* In any event, I get the impression from Glasslip's trailers that the protagonist will be a hybrid of Tari Tari's three female leads (she looks like she'll have Konatsu's energy and cheerfulness, Sawa's career/trade woman aspect, and an intangible bit of Wakana's personality as well). I get the impression that the story might be about a girl who enjoys glassblowing but isn't sure she wants to do it as a lifelong career. Guess we'll have to see how far off the mark I am.

Didn't watch any of the three shows you listed and the first and third ones I'd never even heard of before now. Probably won't get a chance to circle back around to them any time soon: I've still got backlogged shows from Winter 2014, now Spring 2014 too (NGNL!), Doppel's OreGairu that's been on hold forever, and now of course the Summer 2014 series.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #6450
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
Glasslip Episode 1

I saw this and immediately thought Nagi no Asukura. :p The main girl is totally like Manaka, and the new guy seems like Tsumugu, and surprise, signs of that girl liking the guy. There's that group of friends, with 3 girls and 2 guys... it seems like there's one romance off to the side. The oldest (?) girl, I'm not really sure what her relationship to the tallest guy is... probably sister/brother, but there are signs of jealousy? The tallest guy shows signs of liking the Manaka girl.

I loved the music though. The opening with the violin was beautiful. The animation, not so much.

Last edited by Fallen Icarus; 07-03-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Fallen Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime