Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Sylar Send a message via MSN to Sylar
Re: Official E3 Thread, zomg!

High School Musical? ;-; Oh god, kill me. xd
Old 07-11-2007, 11:57 AM   #27
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

The thing that disturbed me was "based off of the two feature films of the same name"

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:59 AM   #28
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Anybody else getting a WiiSports sequel-vibe?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #29
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

ZOMG! JOE IS PSYCHIC!

Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #30
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush

I lol'd at High School Musical. What the hell, Nintendo.

Brain Age 2 looks to be interesting; I haven't played the first for a while, but I liked it.

No Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 2 or Tactics Advance 2? =\
Old 07-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #31
Talon87
時の彼方へ

lol @ the kid who held his head as if he really got hit by the soccer ball :P

Also ... this game could be good, I guess, but do you really need to pay Nintendo $50 to do exercise drills you could do on your own without that footpad? Stop being such a lazy fucker and go do some push-ups.

*realizes he should do that himself*
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:03 PM   #32
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

lol, Wii as a Yoga-Trainer xD

QP: there is a new FFTA coming for the DS =o has been announced some months ago
Old 07-11-2007, 12:03 PM   #33
Talon87
時の彼方へ

AWESOME -- I DON'T NEED THE TRANSLATOR! :O
Old 07-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #34
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

WiiFit is the special game Shigsy is introducing? WTF? I was expecting something like Pikmin. And bring back Project H.A.M.M.E.R!

Old 07-11-2007, 12:05 PM   #35
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Erm...good for you?

Although that did give me an idea, they should do WiiLanguage. xd TEACH YOURSELF SPEAK LANGUAGE GOODER TODAY!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #36
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

"Some of th exercises should be entertaining"

You mean they're designing some of it to be boring? This thing sucks.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #37
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-san
QP: there is a new FFTA coming for the DS =o has been announced some months ago
I know, but I was hoping for some more info on 'em. =\ I haven't played the first CC or TA yet, but I just wanted to gague the time so I could play 'em at the last minute before the sequels were released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
Although that did give me an idea, they should do WiiLanguage. xd TEACH YOURSELF SPEAK LANGUAGE GOODER TODAY!
Rosetta Stone DS/Wii FTW
Old 07-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #38
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylar
If language could be learnt by self-study, more people would do it. I'm a strong believer that it can't. You need at least one native speaker involved in your studies ... and preferably more. The more immersion, the better.

In other words ... go to Japan, Joe, and quit calling him "Shigsy" since he seems really formal from his language and would probably bitch-slap you for showing such disrespect. XD
Old 07-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #39
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Pssh, Talon, I don't want to learn Japanese. I'm not one of those people who wishes to God he'd been born in that strange place.

I want to learn Spanish better than I already know it. :O

Also...Shigsy. xd
Old 07-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #40
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

He only formals up for speeches. It's clear from his games Shigsy's on crack most of the time.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #41
Talon87
時の彼方へ

"Good Excuse-u desu ne." XD

EDIT: Uh oh! Poor Miyamoto was saying, "Um, I'm a little worried [about using this Fitness pad], the balance will be all wrong." And sure enough, he got pwned.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:17 PM   #42
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Reggie? MOAR LIEK FATTIE! M I RITE?!?!

Old 07-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #43
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Hell yah you iz rite!! xd

Soo...there needed to be more good stuff instead of all that WiiFit stuff. xD
Old 07-11-2007, 12:21 PM   #44
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Forgive me for my bias, but I strongly disagree. I am very proud of Nintendo. There is not much profit in WiiFit since most people either (a) don't want to exercise or (b) don't need a video game to make them exercise. Also, there are more fun forms of exercise (like actually playing real tennis, real basketball, etc.) than WiiFit. However, WiiFit will be a very welcome addition to the following places ...

- hospitals
- retirement homes
- rehabilitation centers overseas (we already saw them mentioning that Wii Sports was used for Iraq troop physical rehab)

They won't sell too many units of WiiFit, but it's a very, very honorable title to release.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #45
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Pathetic. A summery of things related to the games I was interested in.

Phantom Hourglass: It's already been released. Similar videos have been on Youtube for weeks.
Metroid Prime 3: Zero new info.
Smash Bros. Brawl: Ditto.
Mario Kart Wii: Is being dumbed down.
Super Mario Galaxy: Couldn't gather any new info from the tiny Videos.

Shigsy didn't even bother to put on a funny costume

Hopefully the same thing as last year will happen, and a glut of Brawl info will be revealed after the conference.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:25 PM   #46
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoraJolteon
Super Mario Galaxy: Couldn't gather any new info from the tiny Videos.
The only thing I got from it was that on some sort of flower planet, Mario either puts on a Bee-suit or transforms into a human-bee and can fly around. Oo;

Hopefully, this is the return of the costumes and we'll also have Frog and Tanooki! xd
Old 07-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #47
Another Fan
Boulder Badge

So, yeah. I was on watching the whole thing live, had no lag whatsoever. Everything synched perfectly, so I got to hear Reggie talk about Nintendo's business strategy in basically, the exact same way as at GDC. Hooray for that. Again. He was pretty cocky there. Surprising, let's hope that doesn't bite them in the ass.

Anyway, hooray for little to no games info. December 3rd. Super. Oh, and Mario Kart Wii exists. That's great. I am very curious on how the Mario Kart graphics will change over the next years, cause here it is basically Double Dash graphics. I'm not complaining, I am just curious on whether they will ever figure out how to make it better and appealing.

Oh, and WiiFit. Well, hardcore expected more from him. Whatever. It does what it does. And was sort of interesting. Might get it depending on the amount of other games I am getting. Basically for the sake of having something that makes me even possibly strive for better physical fitness.

Oh, and IGN chat, the "hardcore" is setting up angry mobs. So, yeah, they are absolutely in flames about this. I can understand. I can't call myself hardcore, but here, there was really nothing besides the repetition of the strategy, which I for one have heard over and over again, from several sources.

Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #48
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The problem is that nobody was giving Nintendo any credit even up until the night before the Wii launched, and Nintendo finds itself "king of [strike:4967e]card games[/strike:4967e] video games" and isn't really used to that. Hasn't been used to it since 1997 when market analysts officially conferred the ownership of "market king" crown from Nintendo to SCE. So here they are at E3 2007, giving you basically the exact same conference they gave in 2006 with the added bonus of WiiFit. *shrug* Can't blame 'em, they're not used to being this "in demand."

Metroid 3 looked good, though. Metroid 1 and 2 graphics (fine, they're still beautiful) but with fluid and what seemed like sort-of-accurate pointing with the Wiimote and nunchuck. I'm sold to at least try it out for myself. Back-up titles include Mario Galaxy (which I ain't excited about, but again, we'll see) and SSB:B. May as well get the machine now rather than regretting it in November, I guess.

*goes looking*
Old 07-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #49
Another Fan
Boulder Badge

Hooray for that then!

Somehow Nintendo had always, at least for me, had a bit of a stubborn but humble way of seeing. I never felt that they really thought of themselves as losing.

Also, I really find it difficult to fully understand why you do not like 3D Mario Platformers. In fact, given how most 3D platformers are significantly based on Mario's, how that can work. But given how your taste is, I guess it is understandable why you can be such. I hope Galaxy will prove to you that 3D platformers are good. However stale the genre may be now. Given how Galaxy is, I wouldn't call that really, the traditional boring 3D platformer.

Anyway, very glad to hear that Tals.

By the way, people with Wiis, friend codes, plz? I mean, please?

Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #50
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Fan
Somehow Nintendo had always, at least for me, had a bit of a stubborn but humble way of seeing. I never felt that they really thought of themselves as losing.
I think of Nintendo the same way I think of France or Britain in the history books: all through the 19th Century, these two guys were basically "King" (UK) and "Almost King" (Fr) of the planet. Then the bumbling Americans came along and pushed them out of the spotlight. All through the 20th Century, the light has been on the USA and CCCP. Now, it's on the USA and China. Britain and France have been relegated to "secondary World Power" status for the last 65 years. They have enjoyed "world power" status as (a) kickass countries with a lot of capital and strong militaries and (b) an honor bestowed upon them out of respect for their 18th and 19th Century "glory days". They could still kick the ass of 90% of the countries on this planet. But they're no longer king of the world. This is how I sort of see Nintendo.

So now imagine if, out of nowhere, a group of British scientists said, "Um ... we think we may have just figured out cold fusion. " The Brits are Nintendo (and the Wii), while the Americans are Sony (and the PS3). Same concept.

Maybe my metaphor is too forced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF
Also, I really find it difficult to fully understand why you do not like 3D Mario Platformers. In fact, given how most 3D platformers are significantly based on Mario's, how that can work. But given how your taste is, I guess it is understandable why you can be such. I hope Galaxy will prove to you that 3D platformers are good. However stale the genre may be now. Given how Galaxy is, I wouldn't call that really, the traditional boring 3D platformer.
I dislike 3D platformers in general, I think. And I love 2D platformers. Observe ...

LOVE (like, 10/10):
- Mario 2 (NES)
- Mario 3 (NES)
- Mario World (SNES)
- New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
- Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
- DKC2 (SNES)
- Mega Man III (NES)
- Mega Man X (SNES), X-2
- Mega Man Zero (GBA), Zero 2
- Mega Man ZX (DS)

HATE (like, below 5/10):
- Mario 64 (N64)
- Mario Sunshine (GC)
- Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
- Banjo Kazooie (N64)
- Mega Man Legends (PS)

And it's not like I'm "in love with 2D" like some people. I love DOA (3D fighter) over GGX (2D fighter), though each has its own merits. I love Metroid Prime (3D adventure-FPS), and way more than the original Metroid or Super Metroid (2D adventure). And I also feel that Zelda got a huge boost by being put into 3D, with Ocarina of Time (3D Adventure-RPG) being the first Zelda game I enjoyed and me still finding the original and the SNES one somewhat dull. It's just that I really dislike 3D platformers, not because they are "3D" but because they often ...

a) focus too much on making their puzzles "3D", things that "couldn't possibly happen in a 2D game," and it's like, okay, we get it
b) often involve lazy programming on the part of the stage designers who insist "because it's harder to code in 3D than 2D, we're going to only design 30 unique stages" (Mario 64) "instead of over 100 unique stages" (Mario 3).
c) are often very difficult to control (peculiarly unlike their 3D FPS counterparts; see Metroid), resulting in Mario doing what I call "running like a snake" where he swerves to the left so then you overcompensate and he swerves to the right, and it's very hard to get the little fucker to just run straight (especially in Mario 64)
d) very ugly graphics even for its time (N64-relevancy alone) (part of the reason I never got an N64 or PSOne was that I could objectively sit back and tell, "These graphics suck! :x Way too jaggy!" unlike all the fanboys who were like "THIS IS AWESOME! :O")

I dunno. 3D Platformers are as bad in my book as the Superman games are in IGN's.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games