UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 12-03-2016, 04:25 AM   #151
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
You can buy as many of each color as you want, you can only dye white clothing iirc.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #152
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

You also have to use a fuckton of berries to dye something.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:48 AM   #153
Selena
Aroma Lady

Alternatively you can pay 100FC, but only in the colour from the shop's name.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:40 AM   #154
Torkoal Stu
This

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I'm progressing very slowly but I caught a Rockruff except I didn't realise that the Lycanroc form is version exclusive and now I'm stuck with the weird Midnight form but I think I'll keep him anyhow. I just think he's too...red xd;

I also caught a Salandit, luckily I was aware that only the Females evolve...except it took ages to find one. Screw that 12.5% Female rate!
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:17 AM   #155
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Rockruff is so cute and Lycanroc is so disgusting

they should have just left him in that form he was perfect the way he was
Old 12-04-2016, 07:15 PM   #156
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I'm progressing very slowly but I caught a Rockruff except I didn't realise that the Lycanroc form is version exclusive and now I'm stuck with the weird Midnight form but I think I'll keep him anyhow. I just think he's too...red xd;
Spoiler: show

Okay, I will say this much. You can catch Midday form wild. You can't evolve a Rockruff into a Midday form though.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 04:04 AM   #157
Emp
Volcano Badge

What bothers me about midnight form is it looks kind of like Zoroark without the cool ability. I kind of get the feeling midnight form was added in last minute.

So I've just beaten the electric trial and this is what my team looks like:

Crabrawler (Tamatoa)
Shiinotic (Maegi)
Salandit (Sativa)
Wimpod (Weenie)
Minior (Astrid)

I also originally had a Araquanid but I've boxed him due to a) having the same typing as Wimpod and b) just being quite boring to play with. All of his moves are super weak other than Bubblebeam which is buffed by his ability.

I haven't been playing with the Exp. Share on and as a result my team are all incredibly weak. It usually takes all of my team to defeat a totem Pokemon. Even the wild Fearow I've been encountering are fast enough to prevent me from fleeing and proceed to take out most of my team I actually really like the challenge though. X and Y were way too easy. I'm actually having to be really strategic now just to beat the AI.

Minior, my latest addition, is the only team member that breaks this mold. I can defeat an opponent very easily by setting of up with Charge Beam until they activate its ability. I think it'll be pretty broken when it learns Shell Smash.

Finally, I'm incredibly upset that I can't add a Drampa to my team until Victory Road, essentially the end of the playthrough. I might break my embargo on trading during story mode, just to add a bit more variety to my team. If anyone is willing to help me out I'd really appreciate it (although I'd have a few preferences in terms of Nature and Pokeball).

I'd be just as annoyed about Crabrawler not evolving but he's doing a great job thanks to the Eviolite + Bulk Up set I'm using.

Last edited by Emp; 12-05-2016 at 04:09 AM.
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:20 AM   #158
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Yeah Araquanid's really sort of bad until it gets a physical Water move, which isn't till around the forties. Still outclassed by Wimpod's evo though.

Drampa is not worth getting.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:46 AM   #159
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

There is a TM for Scald after the Water trial, that should be good enough for Araquanid for most of them. No need to rely on Bubblebeam.
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:02 AM   #160
deoxys
Fog Badge

Alright, I'm finally about to take on the Elite 4, but I'd like to do some training beforehand. Any ideas on where I can train? My Pokemon are all 50 and 51, I'd like to get them to around 55.

Last edited by deoxys; 12-05-2016 at 11:36 AM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:31 PM   #161
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Best place is Vast Poni Canyon, all low to mid 40s and evolved stuff. Mt Lanakila sucks for it purely because most of the stuff is unevolved.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:57 PM   #162
deoxys
Fog Badge

tfw you get a shiny dhelmise in a trade

but it's hacked

:<
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:20 PM   #163
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
tfw you get a shiny dhelmise in a trade

but it's hacked

:<
How can you tell it's hacked?
Old 12-06-2016, 03:26 AM   #164
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
How can you tell it's hacked?
I'd guess because of the capture location. Dhelmise can only be caught at 1 very specific place, so if that doesn't match, you can be pretty certain it's hacked.

Quote:
I haven't been playing with the Exp. Share on and as a result my team are all incredibly weak. It usually takes all of my team to defeat a totem Pokemon. Even the wild Fearow I've been encountering are fast enough to prevent me from fleeing and proceed to take out most of my team I actually really like the challenge though. X and Y were way too easy. I'm actually having to be really strategic now just to beat the AI.
I can second this. I haven't had the Exp. Share turned on for a second, and by now, having beated the Totem Wishiwashi with some good effort and uhm, tactical use of healing, I had my ass handed to me by the Totem Salazzle. And that with a few Pokémon in my team that could exploit her weaknesses. But unfortunately I was under-leveled (by 1 or 2 levels) and was beaten big time. So now I'm leveling up my Pokémon XD

I'll share my team details soon.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:21 AM   #165
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Salazzle's annoying. Try finding something that can tank the hit (Rockruff works well apparently), because Salazzle is really frail.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:12 PM   #166
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

I am on my way to Mt. Lanakila for the final battles and have the nightmarish task of deciding who goes on the final team. I'm being incredibly indecisive over the whole thing because I've used about 10 Pokémon on and off and there's others that I want to use who are recent additions to the team and ugh. Help me out here? Mons in the spoiler.

Primarina - non negotiable. Coming all the way. Amazing Pokémon, and I believe has super effective attacks against all the Kahunas, assuming I've read correctly that I have to fight them all again as the Elite Four

Toucannon - requires some grinding, but was the first catch and Beak Blast is awesome. I just wish he wouldn't glare at me so much

Butterfree - fell off SO HARD in this game and I am incredibly mad about it but Compound Eyes Sleep Powder has been consistently great

Salamence - fucking Salamence no explanation needed

Metagross - fucking Metagross no explanation needed

Crabominable - so glad I finally got to evolve her as she was so far behind and looks so fucking cool now

Kommo-O - FUCKING LOOK AT THIS THING IT'S SO FUCKING COOL I NEED IT I LOVE IT BEST NEW DRAGON

Flygon - it's fucking Flygon no explanation needed

Lapras - it's fucking Lapras no explanation needed

Magmar - been very helpful throughout, but frail af

Snorlax - he needs better moves like seriously but come on it's OG Snorlax

Tsareena - the traded Adamant one. Trop Kick is fucking ridiculous but wonderful and she's kind of ridiculously strong as a result.

Mudsdale - my lovely horse running through the FIELD. Where are you going with your fetlocks blowing in the WIND. I want to shower you with sugar lumps and ride you over FENCES. Polish your hooves every single day and take you to the horse DENTIST. My lovely horse you're a pony no MORE. Running around with a man on your back like a train in the night, like a train in the-hold on I can get this bit- NIGHT

Magnezone: bomb af electric motherfucker tanks your shit and zaps back with Gigavolt Havoc because Thunderbolt is postgame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:02 PM   #167
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

tbh Primarina, Kommo-o and Metagross can probably take it themselves. Personally I'd throw Magmar in there when you evolve it, and Flygon. Final slot should really go to Snorlax, assuming it has Crunch by now.

Regarding the E4 composition:
It's only the first two kahunas. The in-game explanations are that the Dark kahuna said no and so the Ghost captain stepped in, and that Hapu was new, so there's this Flying golfer girl called Kahili. So Primarina should cover Rock and Fighting, a general amalgamation of things can whittle Ghost, and then Magmortar (Because fking Skarmory), Primarina (assuming you have Ice Beam) and others can whittle them down. As for the champion, Kommo-o should be able to take most of their stuff barring like, two mons, both of whom I reckon can be taken by other things.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:36 PM   #168
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

That is a very physical team, but there's been kind of a lack of special-based mon I really want to use this gen. Kind of sad. Open to other suggestions.

EDIT: I also now have

Dragonite

Been grinding in Vast Poni Canyon to fill my Pokédex for evolutions and catch up some of the mentioned mons who are slightly behind. Been using Lunala to do so since I got Moon and, uh, she's gone from level 55 to 69 reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally quickly.

So I assume she would fucking annihilate the entire league by herself, but that wouldn't be fun.

... That's a lie, it would be, but not for the climax of the journey.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by SoS; 12-07-2016 at 12:26 AM.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:20 AM   #169
Selena
Aroma Lady

Don't get your hopes up about the main legendary just sweeping the E4, although level 69 does help.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 05:22 AM   #170
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I beat the Battle Royal Master Rank today. It was suprisingly easy.

Each rank is one battle you have to win. There are 4 ranks. You need the most KOs at the time the first person loses all their Pokemon.

First three ranks were a joke, last rank was annoying but not difficult. I used Ninetales with Aurora and Gyarados. The hardest part for me was honestly when Charizard/Ttar mega evolved on turn 1 and got rid of my hail and screwed up Aurora Veil. I ended up winning Master rank with Mega Gyarados who used Dragon Dance and Earthquake knocked out all enemy Pokemon at once, taking me from 0 kills to 3 and ending the game. Of course all three were weakened a bit, but hey, it worked.

Idol stance get

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:16 AM   #171
Miror
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
I beat the Battle Royal Master Rank today. It was suprisingly easy.

Each rank is one battle you have to win. There are 4 ranks. You need the most KOs at the time the first person loses all their Pokemon.

First three ranks were a joke, last rank was annoying but not difficult. I used Ninetales with Aurora and Gyarados. The hardest part for me was honestly when Charizard/Ttar mega evolved on turn 1 and got rid of my hail and screwed up Aurora Veil. I ended up winning Master rank with Mega Gyarados who used Dragon Dance and Earthquake knocked out all enemy Pokemon at once, taking me from 0 kills to 3 and ending the game. Of course all three were weakened a bit, but hey, it worked.

Idol stance get
Hey, me too XD Master Rank was a bit more of a nuisance when a Mega Latias came out of nowhere after the mon I had to handle that sort of thing had already gotten KO'd. Good times.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #172
Ger
Cascade Badge

I've been doing some postgame stuff like catching stuff i missed out on earlier in the game, and surprisngly there's a whole lot to do between Champion challenges, battle tree, and battle royal.

Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:43 PM   #173
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena View Post
Don't get your hopes up about the main legendary just sweeping the E4, although level 69 does help.
Don't tempt me.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 12-08-2016, 09:50 PM   #174
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

I feel like I shouldn't be talking about this in front of MM, but I did a Wonder Trade, where I was sending out a Pokémon I couldn't use, and I got a Salazzle...a shiny Salazzle.

I understand that shinies are easier to come by now, but really? The person must be swimming in them to do that.
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:31 PM   #175
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

A Shiny Salazzle? Holy crap. I mean, I wouldn't keep any Shinies for myself that I get off the GTS or Wonder Trade, but even still- I mean, I don't think I've gotten much from Wonder Trade thus far besides a bunch of Yungoos and Abra.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON