UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 04:43 AM   #51
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Trepie: This cutie burrows out of her egg and is already digging a tunnel under the floor ... I'm gonna have to get that filled in ...
Old 05-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #52
Trepie
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Trepie Send a message via MSN to Trepie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Trepie: This cutie burrows out of her egg and is already digging a tunnel under the floor ... I'm gonna have to get that filled in ...
Picking Diglett up with Pokeball 1/20. Thank you!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #53
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
Marion Ette is confirmed to hatch a Ghost Mystery Egg on Tuesday, 14th May 2013.
"There is an urban legend spreading in downtown Fizzytopia. In street corners, in corner cafes, in the waiting area of the Cable Club... In the wake of the announcements made by Egg House staff regarding the changes, rumors have begun to spread. Why the sudden changes in Pokemon rarity distribution? Was it something about Fizzytopian climate change? Overhunting? And with the truckloads of new eggs driving in... one was left wondering... what happened to the old eggs?

Rumor has it that there was once a woman who worked as Egg House staff ten years ago in April. She was a lover of Pokemon, and took the position because she wanted to see happy trainers hatch brand new members of their team, and watch that first moment of a lifetime bond happen. To her, this event was magical, and the opportunity to see it happen nearly every day... It sounded like a dream. Perhaps it symbolized a longing... A hope that she, too, would one day become reborn in the eyes of another. That one day, someone would look upon her with that same love and devotion as those Pokemon looked upon their trainers for the first time.

Unfortunately, it wasn't long before this dream turned into a nightmare. The reality was that trainers did not always return the love that they saw in the eyes of their Pokemon. Some would be angry. Some would accuse the owner of a mistake, obsessed with concepts like rarity and perceived strength. Some would rant and rave, upset to have received something "not even worth trade fodder." Their Pokemon would cry, turn away... become despondent. The worst, however, were the ones who betrayed silent disappointment. They tried to smile... tried to appear grateful, and did their best to appear loving to the Pokemon they had hatched... but their Pokemon could sense their sinking hearts. Their sad eyes. Their faltering dreams. To this young woman, it was almost too much to bear. It became an obsession; couldn't they, at least, pretend to love with some sincerity? Try to convince themselves that this is what they wanted all along? Wasn't pretend love better than no love at all?

After a year of this obsessive thinking, it is rumored that the woman snapped one day, after a man who hatched a Torkoal instead of a Charmander had to be restrained from throwing the poor turtle Pokemon out the window. The tears in its eyes, the horror in its expression, the way it helplessly flailed against the man it thought it loved... The woman, in her rage and sadness, thought it would have been better... it would have been better if that Torkoal had never been born at all. Her face drained of emotion, she went in the back of the egg house, took a sledgehammer to all the eggs, and shot herself in the temple. That was the tragic end of her story... or so everyone thought.

On the tenth anniversary of that fateful night, eggs started appearing in the Egg House that could not be accounted for in the inventory. Staff assumed that there had simply been an error in the computer systems, or that someone had made a mistake, and these eggs were handed out to unsuspecting trainers. It is said that these eggs, these haunted, cursed eggs, would hatch into the greatest desire of that person. It was as if the embryo knew what the trainer had wanted, and shaped itself to its desires. Many happy trainers found themselves gleefully embracing their new Pokemon, who embodied every want and desire they could possibly have; it was as if the woman's dreams, ten years later, had finally been realized. But there was something strange going on... trainers who had traded away or abandoned Pokemon from eggs that did not have this property were suddenly found horribly murdered. Cause of death? Single blow to the back of the head... by a sledgehammer.

At the same time, the 'dream Pokemon' that people were hatching were acting more and more strangely... particularly if their trainer, or anyone around them, expressed dislike of a particular Pokemon. The dream Pokemon would become agitated, and even violent, sparking many of these otherwise beloved Pokemon to be abandoned or sent into behavioral programs. Some even found themselves reclaimed after their Pokeballs were pried from their trainer's cold, dead hands. The Egg House, taking responsibility for these strange Pokemon, reclaimed many of them in a mass effort to minimize the damage. Many have been sent to the same 'happy farm' that many FBers know of from the old Adoption Centre days. There are plenty of legends about that "farm"... but that's for another day.

Scientists were called upon to study these strange Pokemon, who embodied the dreams and wishes of their trainers. Though the results of this research has been classified, it is rumored that the findings were so terrifying that the entire batch of eggs that these Pokemon came from were incinerated, prompting the new batches that are in the Egg House today.

Fortunately, the story goes, all of the Pokemon carrying this curse have been taken to the Happy Funtime Adoption Reject Farm, and all of the eggs with this property have been burned or destroyed.

All of the eggs... except one.

No one knows where the egg has gone. No one knows its type... or its species... or its owner. It may still be in the egg house. It may have been hatched already, or may be in somebody's hands right now. But it is said that if that egg hatches... The nightmare will begin all over again.
"

Marion leans back in her chair at the Egg House Waiting Room, hugging her ghost mystery egg to her body, as little Chione the Snorunt and Elysia the Cottonee listen with wide eyes at the strange tale she recounts to them and to her egg as they wait for a potential new friend to be born. At the conclusion of the story, the pair of Pokemon look at each other suspiciously... Marion laughs a bit.

"Oh, you both know that story isn't true, don't you? It's just a legend. You both know that I lived in Fizzytopia 10 years ago, right? I never met any Egg House woman matching the description of the lady in the tale, or read anything in the news about a death like that. It's all made up."

Chione and Elysia eye Marion with suspicion, and then cautiously steal a glance at each other again. Marion simply shakes her head and smiles.

"Well, even if either of you are cursed, I'm not letting them put you on the Happy Farm." Marion shudders a bit. "I may not believe that urban legends about eggs, but the stories about that farm... I dunno, guys."

Marion checks her watch and, realizing that her own egg is overdue to hatch, rushes to the counter. "Hey, I think this little one is ready to hatch!"

Elysia and Chione stay behind, whispering to each other with concern. After all... if anyone was likely to be the target of a curse... it would be Marion.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #54
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dewott

Quote:
Kairne is confirmed to hatch a Bug Nature Egg on Tuesday, 14th May 2013.
I'd like to hatch this little one, now.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #55
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Quote:
dosuser is confirmed to hatch a Mystery Egg on Tuesday, 14th May 2013.
The real trick to life isn't to be in the know, but to be in the mystery.

For this egg, it's time for the mystery to end, and a life to begin.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:00 AM   #56
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Marion Ette: A wicked cackling fills the air as this Female Shuppet emerges from her egg entranced by your tale, wanting to hear more.
Kairne: A cute little bobs out of her egg filled with excitement and happiness, and she hops on over to you wanting to meet her new friend.
dosuser: A screech erupts from your egg and this zooms out of it surverying all below him with interest wondering which of the wierd humans was his.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:24 AM   #57
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Marion Ette: A wicked cackling fills the air as this Female Shuppet emerges from her egg entranced by your tale, wanting to hear more.
Marion gives the little Shuppet a warm, nostalgic little smile as she emerges, amused by the intrigue in the young ghost's eyes.

"Liked my little story, did you?" Marion grins. "I imagine you would. Tales of curses and revenge are among Minerva's favorites... Heh, you look just like she did, back when I was a child."

Chione and Elysia look at the Shuppet with relieved expressions. That ominous feeling of darkness, of the desire for revenge, of the potential curse resting within the egg... It was just a plain ol' Shuppet. Nothing to worry about! ...Or was it? A Shuppet... a female Shuppet... hatching after the story of a grudge-filled woman who shot herself in the egg house ten years ago... and the way she was so intrigued with Marion's tale...

Perhaps it was all coincidence. Perhaps, as Marion said, it was nothing more than a stupid little story, and it was only the aspects of vengeance that captured this little Shuppet's imagination so.

Either way, the Shuppet finds a new home in one of Marion's Pokeballs [1/20], and as Marion thanks the shopkeeper and encourages her two Pokemon to follow her out of the shop, the Snorunt and Cottonee silently nod to one another, vowing to keep their eyes peeled for any strange events...
Old 05-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #58
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Quote:
dosuser: A screech erupts from your egg and this zooms out of it surverying all below him with interest wondering which of the wierd humans was his.
Weird human right here! *tries to get its attention*

Putting it in this Pokeball (2 of 10).
Old 05-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #59
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dewott

Quote:

Kairne: A cute little bobs out of her egg filled with excitement and happiness, and she hops on over to you wanting to meet her new friend.
Aww, that is so adorable. I think I'll name you Joan. I'm putting her in this PokéBall [10/10]

Many Thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #60
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Tyoyo3131: Regular May 15 2013 / Enigma May 15 2013 / Mystery June 26 2013
"C'mon Rydia, we don't have all day!" Says a young Taillow, swooping in from the skies into the Egg House. She lands gracefully onto the reception counter, and watches as her teammate and trainer walk in. Rydia, a young Cherubi, follows shyly behind her trainer, James. Rosa flaps over to Rydia from the counter, and struts along beside her.

"So gals, what should we go for today? I can't pick up a few kinds thanks to certain rules, but there are still quite a few." The trainer says, swinging his messenger bag up to his chest to search around for his Trainer Card while his Pokemon are brought up to the counter as well thanks to Rosa. Rydia looks wide eyed at all the eggs before shivering and staying quiet once again. Rosa looks at all the eggs as well, before fluttering upwards and on to an egg near the back. The shell was pale blue, and darker stripes racing around the edges gave the egg the appearance of rippling water. The attendant walked over to the egg, reached up, and carried it gently over to the trainer.

"This is one of the newer eggs, right? Something about being found in Johto or somewhere. Some pokemon can't be found in it, right?" James asked, looking over the egg. The formal name of it was a Water One Glacier Egg, meaning the more common pokemon in the world were only found in that egg. "It certainly looks neat... What do you think, Rydia?", asked James to his Cherubi. She nodded shyly as her second berry shook, as if it was saying no.

"Looks good to me. Let's see what comes out later." James said as he picked up the egg and waddled out of the store, both of his Pokemon walking behind.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #61
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:
Shadowshocker is confirmed to hatch a Steel Core Egg on Wednesday, 15th May 2013.
This egg is getting a little sharpish. Something's trying to poke its way out!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:04 AM   #62
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Tyoyo3131 is confirmed to hatch a Water 1 Glacier Egg on Wednesday 22nd May 2013

Shadowshocker: A grinding noise fills the air as this shatters the shell on its egg looking impressed with its work.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #63
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:
Shadowshocker: A grinding noise fills the air as this shatters the shell on its egg looking impressed with its work.
Interesting... but I think someone else would be more willing to help you get in gear.

Putting Klink in the 17th PokeBall of 20.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #64
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:

biggggg5: Regular May 13 2013 / Enigma May 13 2013 / Mystery May 13 2013
Oops. Forgot. I'd like a ghost mystery egg please
Old 05-17-2013, 03:59 AM   #65
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

biggggg5 is confirmed to hatch a Ghost Mystery Egg on Wednesday 22nd May
Old 05-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #66
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Itzatrap: Regular May 20 2013 / Enigma May 20 2013 / Mystery July 1 2013
I do believe it is time for me to collect another egg to eat-I mean hatch. >.> I promise I'll take great care of that Poison Nature Egg!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #67
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Quote:
enchantress: Regular May 20 2013 / Enigma May 20 2013 / Mystery May 20 2013
Collecting one Fire Core Egg if I may.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #68
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Itzatrap is confirmed to hatch a Poison Nature Egg on Monday 27th May 2013
enchantress is confirmed to hatch a Fire Core Egg on Monday 27th May 2013
Old 05-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #69
Pest
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Pest: Regular April 29 2013 / Enigma April 29 2013 / Mystery June 10 2013
Think those dates are supposed to be for May 21st ... my last egg pickup was April 30th :B

Anyway, picking up a Normal 2 Pound Egg.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #70
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Talon87: Regular May 21 2013 / Enigma May 21 2013 / Mystery May 21 2013
I'd like to collect one spooktacular Ghost Mystery Egg, please.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #71
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Jeichi: Regular May 21 2013 / Enigma May 21 2013 / Mystery July 2 2013
As an early birthday present, I'd like a Fighting Pound Egg, please.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:18 AM   #72
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Pest is confirmed to hatch a Normal 2 Pound Egg on Tuesday 28th May 2013
Talon is confirmed to hatch a Ghost Mystery Egg on Tuesday 28th May 2013
Jerichi is confirmed to hatch a Fighting Pound Egg on Tuesday 28th May 2013
Old 05-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #73
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Tyoyo3131 is confirmed to hatch a Water 1 Glacier Egg on Wednesday 22nd May 2013
As the team's lone water representative, Maxwell felt the need to accompany the new aquatic child into the world. The Buizel held the egg in his arms in a hug and waddled over to the counter of the Egg House, his trainer in tow. He kicked up his tails and got a bit of a jump up, then set the egg down.

"I think it's time for this little guy to hatch." James said, and Maxwell took a seat to watch the egg for it's own safety.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #74
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
biggggg5 is confirmed to hatch a Ghost Mystery Egg on Wednesday 22nd May
Wakey, wakey, eggs and bacey. Mmm bacon. Maybe we should hatch this before I get any hungrier
Old 05-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #75
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

biggggg5: Your emerges through the shell of his egg and grins at you giving you a playful wink before hovering around the room looking for fun
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records