UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News

Old 10-19-2016, 01:58 AM   #1526
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
You'd think capturing humans would be taboo. Like, if they're not humans, if Lusamine does not turn into UB-02 and just looks really similar, I could probably come around to them. I still think that if they were some strong, inter-dimensional beings that weren't in pared down sense Pokemon that the story would be stronger and have more depth to it, because world building is generally a strong point for GF story wise.

If they are capturable people, if they are people turned into Pokemon, or some variant of this, I'm sorry but I'm really against it. Yes, I know, this is the game where you can literally catch God, several time-traveling Pokemon, one that exists its own alter dimensional time out room, and god knows how many unarguable sentient Pokemon have existed in canon and the universe, but there is something about this that really violates me morally, and I would raise serious questions about what the fuck GF is trying to say by doing this.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:14 AM   #1527
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Pokemon is slowly becoming Dragonball Z like we all knew it would. All that's left is adding in Fusions a la Venustoise.

Before you say, there's no Pokeballs in DBZ:

Spoiler: show

Fusions would also fit Sugimori's desire to not make the dex go out of control, while still allowing new Pokemon forms to draw.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:36 AM   #1528
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Ah, the push-a-button-turn-into-anything capsules. Can't say I'll be against Pokéball Z.

GF is going an interesting direction, and it still remains to be seen whether or not the UB's can be caught, but if they can I'm sure there will be a logical explanation for it, Poké logic, but okay.

Also, fusions would be damned cool. Look at all the amazing fusion fan art that's around, plenty of inspiration for GF to tap from.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:08 AM   #1529
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
You'd think capturing humans would be taboo. Like, if they're not humans, if Lusamine does not turn into UB-02 and just looks really similar, I could probably come around to them. I still think that if they were some strong, inter-dimensional beings that weren't in pared down sense Pokemon that the story would be stronger and have more depth to it, because world building is generally a strong point for GF story wise.

If they are capturable people, if they are people turned into Pokemon, or some variant of this, I'm sorry but I'm really against it. Yes, I know, this is the game where you can literally catch God, several time-traveling Pokemon, one that exists its own alter dimensional time out room, and god knows how many unarguable sentient Pokemon have existed in canon and the universe, but there is something about this that really violates me morally, and I would raise serious questions about what the fuck GF is trying to say by doing this.
It could be more they just disguise themselves as people like zorua, zoroak, and Latias from the movie.

biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:35 AM   #1530
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

I thought slavery was outlawed in Japan.
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:28 AM   #1531
Snorby
Snackin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
I mean, Kadabra, Yamask, Phantump, and god knows how many others all are stated canonically to have originated directly from people. What would be different about UBs being peopled turned into Pokemon?

This has been an aspect of the franchise literally since the beginning. There's absolutely no malice or desire to infringe on morality in this- how could there be? The target audience of Pokemon isn't even old enough to tie their own shoes, much less contemplate morality on that deep a level. These kids are reading The Tortoise and the Hare, not The Metamorphosis.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:14 AM   #1532
deoxys
Fog Badge

To be fair Kadabra was probably just a legend and it only happened to one boy. Same goes for the woman who was lost in the mountains and came back a Froslass.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:20 AM   #1533
deoxys
Fog Badge

>17 new items for Silvally

> Not just reusing the already pretty useless Plates since it's obvious Silvally is an Arceus lite

>Bike is gone

>No new fossils

Gen 7 confirmed worst gen.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:41 AM   #1534
Connor
Flashbacker

Yeah I think we kinda need to hold the phone on discussing whether Gamefreak are saying enslaving people is okay. They're really not. It's probably if anything just a means of trying to get younger audience to actually have some sort of proper emotional response to the UBs (if they actually go this way) rather than trying to low key give a pass to slavery, or anything of the sort.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:44 AM   #1535
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Please tell me there's no fucking roller skates.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:49 AM   #1536
deoxys
Fog Badge

People also keep assuming the UBs and the humans are the same when there's literally only visual evidence of that and nothing more. It hasn't been confirmed or discussed. For all we know they are Pokemon/Human hybrids or something used from their DNA, who knows.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:27 AM   #1537
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

The UB's always were a gray area, though. As (I think) I suggested when 01 was revealed, it could always be that while they are people, they aren't required for completion. That way, those who want to use the giant angry maw thing that I swear would not look right using the wormhole like the rest can while those with a stronger moral base can treat them like standard RPG bosses. Heck, it looks like they're limiting the things' capture anyway, so it's likely that GF is taking folks like Emi into account. Let's also not forget that ninetales took things really far already by being nine people in one body!

The loss of the bike is kinda tragic. I kinda liked the thing especially the Acro one. The addition of Leech Life to the TM list is pretty funny, though. Who knows, maybe they buffed it up a bit so that zubat won't quite as useless early on!

While I do like the fusion concept, I think we may be missing a point here. There may be too much inspiration out there, judging from the lack of a Mega Flygon. Artists for big-scale games like these don't want to use unoriginal ideas, so every idea they find having already been done is one less they can use later. And flygon always has been a favorite among quite a few of the fans...

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:13 AM   #1538
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Please tell me there's no fucking roller skates.
What's wrong with the roller skates? I liked the roller skates.

Datamine spoilers below;

Am I the only one not too bothered by the loss of the bike, considering we're almost certainly gonna get to ride a Tauros wherever we like? I can't be the only one who rides Tauros pretty much everywhere in the demo.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #1539
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

I have no opinion on the roller skates. Of course, anyone who's known me for more than two days already knew that!

...Tauros? Uh, can't say I'm a fan of replacing the bike with mind-controlling bull, thank you very much. I'm more likely to be riding the stoutland everywhere, regardless of whether or not there are still items to be found. Then again, I am the guy who tends to walk through caves without an active repel in Diamond. Am I too patient?

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:42 AM   #1540
phoopes
Double Dragon

I don't mind the bike being gone. I've almost always found the bike music annoying. I find just running more enjoyable usually, you have more control and go fast enough for my tastes. And now there's also the fact that we can ride Pokémon pretty often now so yeah. I guess for nostalgia reasons I'll be a little sad to see it go but for me it's not a huge deal that it's gone.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:05 AM   #1541
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
I didn't hate the roller-skates, but I did hate that you couldn't toggle them off. Yes you could use the d-pad to run and all that, but that's a lot less comfortable than using the joystick. I prefer running/bikes as to roller-skates.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:11 AM   #1542
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Maybe it's just me, but I actually preferred using the Roller Skates. I actually tended to use them in place of the bike, even, especially once I really started getting the hang of some of the skating tricks. I always thought that was one of the more fun things they introduced in X and Y.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:15 AM   #1543
Heather
Naga's Voice

>No Bike: ...What the living fuck are they thinking? The demo city alone is big enough to make me want one, and I don't know if the police guys are going to want me riding a Tauros in the middle of the street. Seriously, the fuck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:13 PM   #1544
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
>No Bike: ...What the living fuck are they thinking? The demo city alone is big enough to make me want one, and I don't know if the police guys are going to want me riding a Tauros in the middle of the street. Seriously, the fuck?
Alola's all about human/Pokémon interaction, hence the entire concept of Poké Ride, so I think they'd see it as pretty much the norm around there. Besides which, going by the information they give on new Pokémon, I'm thinking their real beef would be with people trying to ride a Mudsdale in the middle of the street.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #1545
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

why are we using spoilers in the spoiler thread lol

Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:02 PM   #1546
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
@Crys: Datamining related stuff.

Stuff that I would have avoided had that vile, despicable, beplagued and inexcusably example of wasteful oxy-carbon converter known only to the demons, diabolists and unspeakable forces of darkness as Verlisify hadn't fucking spoiled everything in his fucking videos that appeared on my feed YES I AM FURIOUS AT THIS CARRIER OF EBOLA.

Fuck is too kind a word to use for that wankjob.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:43 PM   #1547
deoxys
Fog Badge

Anything from the datamine is to remain spoilered. Anything revealed officially can be talked about freely without spoiler tags.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:49 PM   #1548
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Why are you subbed to the jizzmongering dickless fuckskull in the first place raves?
Old 10-19-2016, 03:11 PM   #1549
deoxys
Fog Badge

tell us how you really feel
Old 10-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #1550
RealMrGame10
CAN'T BELIEVE KH3 IS HERE

Sickling's thoughts on the datamine

wtf is alola persian

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY