UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News

Old 05-13-2016, 09:34 AM   #251
deoxys
Fog Badge

Everyone is sitting in here shitting on my furrybait baes Braixen and Delphox.

They are fuckin' fire sorcerers. What more could you want besides quadrapedal evos?
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:44 AM   #252
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
idk, I understand everybody wanting a quadruped Fire Starter for once. I mean we have one for Water, and... 3 for Grass if I'm not mistaken? It's a design space that I guess many feel should have been explored.
Although saying that, Delphox is my joint true favourite Gen VI starter (with Chesnaught) just because furry wizards are my Aesthetic™ so I'm not upset with him at all.
Then again me liking a pokemon is like the sun rising in the morning - inevitable with time - so it's not really saying much.

On the idea of split evolution starters... It's a neat idea in concept, letting the trainer tailor his starter to their preference. But how would you go about doing so? If you relate the split to gender then you have the Combee dilemma. If you relate it to items then how would you go about getting multiple? Stats I guess could work but there is a reason people consider Tyrogue to be annoying (not difficult, just annoying) to evolve.
I'm not against split evolution, but I'm not entirely for it~

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:01 AM   #253
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Yeah, triple typings would only work if the type effectiveness got rejigged a bit. Like, neutral is 1x, weak is 2x, double weak is 3x, and triple weak is 4x.

Or if in doubt, Zorules the fuck out of it.
Even if you make it 3x, there are a lot of Pokémon that would be crippled competitively by the (re-)introduction of a third type. For instance, I don't pretend to think that anyone would be happy with Mega Charizard X becoming Fire/Dragon/Flying besides flavor fans like me if it came along with a 3x weakness to Rock. That really isn't worth the trade-off for an immunity to Ground. And it's not like he's going to be using the type for offensive purposes either, not when he's already struck by 4 Moveslot Syndrome in Gen 6. (Wants Flare Blitz, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, and Roost. Can only pick four of the five. A Flying-type attack like Brave Bird is not going to cut in line. Not in this line, it's not, great move though it otherwise is.)

It's tricky business. If you just magically say that all 4x weaknesses become 2x weaknesses, it would up-end modern competitive play as we know it. Many would argue it would break it entirely. But at the same time, a nerf from 4x to 3x just isn't enough. Multiplication is too powerful, and saying an attack does 3 times as much damage as normal thanks to type weakness simply means that most Pokémon are going to be OHKO'd by it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Something interesting I guess: here's how people (at least Lobby users on PS!) feel about the starters.

41% Rowlet (207 votes)
39% Litten (193 votes)
20% Popplio (100 votes)

So yeah 500 voter sample feels that Rowlet and Litten are the way to go while Popplio is the ugly step-sister of the bunch.
Lovin' these results because they perfectly line up with what I've been telling friends and coworkers my armchair estimates are from Pixiv, UPN, and Reddit observations. "Popplio is at like 20%. Rowlet is at like 40%, give or take. Litten is right behind Rowlet but I mean right behind, also near 40% give or take." And your non-scientific poll of 500 perfectly corroborates that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Everyone is sitting in here shitting on my furrybait baes Braixen and Delphox.

They are fuckin' fire sorcerers. What more could you want besides quadrapedal evos?
I have a hate/love relationship with humanshape Pokémon. Fundamentally, I really don't like that they even exist. Outside of primate Pokémon, I feel like there should not be any humanshapes because IRL we don't see anthropomorphic felines and canines and the like and goddammit I want muh pokemon to be a magical, elemental spin on the real world. "Fire cats and electric mice," not "Fire Thundercats and electric Mickey Mouses." But at the same time, there are a number of humanshape Pokémon I really like. I've always liked Gardevoir and enjoy a lot of the fanart that the community produces featuring her. A lot of it clearly comes from people that are a liiiittle too attached, but I fall moreso on the side of "Aww, that's so sweet " than "Ugh, that's so fuckin' creepy and sad. " I used to really hate Jynx but now I like her, even spent a year trying to add one to my FB team, and place her at the top of my list each year for Pokémon I'd really love to see get an ugly duckling --> beautiful swan evolution. (MAKE IT HAPPEN, GAME FREAK! ) Even Braixen, I enjoy now. (Though I will not deny my disappointment when seeing her pop out the other side of my Fennekin's evolution the first time. Nor will I deny that even today I would have preferred for the line to have stayed quadrupedal.)

Delphox is a much harder one to be happy about because I honestly do think it's a poor design even by furry standards. Delphox is super tall and thin, like a really gangly NBA basketball player. I don't like that. ^^; She's wearing clothing-fur that can only be described as "Islamic," it masks her body so much. (As someone else in this thread already said, "She's a triangle with ears." The entire bottom two-thirds of Delphox's design is reduced to that triangle because you just plain can't see her body structure.) The clothing-fur itself is really drab and boring; it isn't eye-catching. Like ... she just looks abnormally tall/thin and boring. A very dull design for a Pokémon that should have been anything but.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:35 AM   #254
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

We have another Pokemon. Its only for a second but there is a new trailer on serebii and it shows it as the trainer is shown leaving his house.

Spoilered for image size

Over on the left here

It looks kind of like a regional normal type type thing.

biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:37 AM   #255
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
I'd just like to say that this is the most adorable thing:

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:43 AM   #256
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Hahahaha my sentiments exactly. (Source) I see this happening too.

PS wasn't the only one to run a starter poll! The Pokémon Twitter account ran this poll to see how the starters ranked in popularity. And once again, sweet, sweet confirmation of my guesstimates! 41% Rowlet, 38% Litten, 21% Popplio.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:33 PM   #257
Snorby
Snackin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Yeah, but as noted previously, there's a really strong suggestion that we're getting Dark on Litten and Flying fits really poorly into pretty much any potential trinity (and doesn't fit at all into one with a Dark type).

I mean, I'm not really saying it's terribly likely but I have a pretty heavy suspicion we're going to see it lose its flight. I could be totally wrong on this but it's not unprecedented and GameFreak likes to mix things up occasionally. Dual types changing with Megas is also pretty popular now, with 4(?) currently so you never know.
Secondary types don't always fit in a trinity. They only have once, twice if you count Sinnoh. Popplio might be like Blastoise and Sceptile- the only pure type starter in the Gen.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:09 PM   #258
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorby View Post
Secondary types don't always fit in a trinity. They only have once, twice if you count Sinnoh. Popplio might be like Blastoise and Sceptile- the only pure type starter in the Gen.
If they're doing a pure starter this gen, I pray that it's Litten. I mean yes I've shit-talked about the other mono-fire starter line, but pure Fire is easily better than the Dark/Poison/Ground rumors. Plus pure Water's boring. They did it with Blastoise, they did it with Samurott, they did it with Feraligatr. This compared to Grass' Sceptile and Meganium, and Fire's Typhlosion, mono-water's been done to death.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:28 PM   #259
Heather
Naga's Voice

>RE Rock/Flying/Fighting

BUT YES THOUGH.

As long as they don't make Litten's potential go the way of magcargo with a Rock-typing, I can totally see it, esp with the volcano.
Rowlet is already grass/flying and would stay that way, remaining the worst typing but hey what can you do.
Then Popplio gets Fighting and we get the water/fighting that we deserved with Samurott but never got(t) *shot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:28 PM   #260
Sneaze
Mrow?

>Adorabird can't stay Flying because trinities

I'm just going to hold out for that reverse trinity of Flying/Fighting/Ice, even if it does mean another Fire/Fighting starter and our sea lion friend being unoriginal for it's body type.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:40 PM   #261
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

See, I don't actually mind Fire/Fighting. Sure, we've had three of them, and it's repetitive as all tits, but it makes for a nice in-game pick, because Fire/Fighting almost always has some nicely balanced offenses. And then there's Blaziken, but we do not speak of that.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:37 PM   #262
phoopes
Double Dragon

I'm reeeaaallllllyyyyy not a fan of triple types.

...but if it happens and they don't make Lugia Psychic/Flying/Water I'll have to give up on this franchise. That's the one that's always bugged me for years.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:42 PM   #263
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
I really don't think we're getting a secondary typing combo on all three.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:32 PM   #264
deoxys
Fog Badge

Obviously, all three starters final forms with have dual type with Dragon, because Dragon > Dragon > Dragon.

Problem solved.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:44 PM   #265
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Honestly I'm tempted to believe that Rowlet might drop Flying for Dragon because that's the only other type that has conceivable fliers without Flying.

Then again Grass Dragon isn't a huge improvement over Grass Flying so
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:46 PM   #266
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Grass/Dragon would be pretty cool, if nothing else. Works for Mega Sceptile. It'd certainly be the first time a starter became part Dragon without having to Mega Evolve. But yeah, I personally don't see Rowlet changing type.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:57 PM   #267
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
>Adorabird can't stay Flying because trinities

I'm just going to hold out for that reverse trinity of Flying/Fighting/Ice, even if it does mean another Fire/Fighting starter and our sea lion friend being unoriginal for it's body type.

Nostachewott

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:54 PM   #268
satosere
Cascade Badge

I'm SOOOO excited for the new games. To bad we have to wait FREAKING 7 MONTHS

I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG
Old 05-15-2016, 12:15 AM   #269
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by satosere View Post
I'm SOOOO excited for the new games. To bad we have to wait FREAKING 7 MONTHS

I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG
Well I've got good news for you: you only have to wait six months!
Old 05-15-2016, 02:10 AM   #270
Heather
Naga's Voice

I have to wait 7, it's just close enough to the holiday season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:28 AM   #271
Mercutio
Banned

I don't see that they have to abandon the heinous abomination that is Grass/Flying but I don't see why they can't make it Grass/Fighting later on if they really want to. And they can easily make it into a trinity if they want to (which they probably don't).
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 01:44 PM   #272
deoxys
Fog Badge

Spoiler below. The japanese pokemon site possibly had a vulnerability which revealed the final typing of the starters. The guy in the video shows how he did it. Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled on what are very possibly the final evo typings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivaRqb0oEsE

Potential vulnerability in the Pokemon Japanese website reveals the final evolution typings to be Grass/Flying, Fire/Ground, and Water/Fighting.

The pictures of the final evos in the video are NOT real, however.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:04 PM   #273
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

If that's true then it's just killed off any hope I had for the starters.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:37 PM   #274
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
I don't see that they have to abandon the heinous abomination that is Grass/Flying but I don't see why they can't make it Grass/Fighting later on if they really want to. And they can easily make it into a trinity if they want to (which they probably don't).
I really REALLY do not want another starter bird that turns into a Fighting type. Blaziken was one of, if not my least favorite final evo.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #275
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Spoiler below. The japanese pokemon site possibly had a vulnerability which revealed the final typing of the starters. The guy in the video shows how he did it. Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled on what are very possibly the final evo typings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivaRqb0oEsE

Potential vulnerability in the Pokemon Japanese website reveals the final evolution typings to be Grass/Flying, Fire/Ground, and Water/Fighting.

The pictures of the final evos in the video are NOT real, however.

Yeah this seems great but...

In order, the icon numbers go
1. Grass
2. Flying
3. Ground
4. Fire
5. Water
6. Fighting

Based off this, I think Rowlet's gets changed to Grass/Ground. Because the way it's set up, it seems as if Litten's type would be Ground/Fire, which doesn't make sense to me as Fire is obviously going to be its primary type. So yeah, a good find, but I think it's more likely to be Grass/Ground, Fire, Water/Fighting.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News