UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 10:07 PM   #601
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You give your orders to your Zubat and very confused Tynamo and they take their battle stances, well more like a battle flight. Your Zubt uses its hypnosis on the Dragon-typed bat as it starts to use another Wing Attack. However, the Noibat only thinks that White Chicks was okay, not amazing. Still though the Noibat starts to get drowsy but it's not sleepy, not by a long shot. Your Tynamo sees its opportunity and attempts its tackle. However, its confusion caused it to bonk a wall instead. Little sparks fly out from its body, but it is otherwise fine. For now, the little guy is still confused though it seems like it might clear that condition very soon.

Alucard, upon seeing that the Noibat isn't asleep, starts to hack up a Bomb of Sludge and spits it out of his mouth. The Noibat gets coated with the sludge. Angered by its now ruined coat, the unevolved wyvern uses its Gust one more time to knock Alucard into the wall, next to the key. This causes the key to slip off the basically rotted rope and fall into the abyss. Off the corner of your eye, you see a bright blue light glow and what appears to be a second Noibat fly out from behind the fans, diving bombing to where the key is falling. The Noibat gives something off, but you can't quite place what. Something is different about this one. Meanwhile, Alucard attempts to go after the key himself, but the first Noibat refuses to fly aside and let him do so. And Geddy is still confused, and might not be able to get to the key before the second Noibat. What will you do?

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
Old 08-05-2018, 05:12 AM   #602
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: Your growlings towards the Litwick are met with general indifference from the candle, who merely looks back at you with those yellow eyes and shrugs, as though blaming you for getting too close to a pokemon that passively consumes life force. With information gleaned, you take task to look for the man's ball and the big names in the Shells, pushing aside Neemee for the moment with some regret. As you and Silas venture up the stairs and out of the catacombs, you find a couple of corridors, and take a left.

Wandering through the halls, your human guise soon returns now that you're no longer near the Litwick, and as the two of you stroll cautiously through the hallways, you are drawn to the architecture of the cathedral complex. Giant busts of legendary pokemon tower over you, mostly of the three legendary birds, though you are quick to notice the Zapdos effigies have been defaced. In one chamber, you find a pair of Shells, who give you a grunt and a nod as you respond in kind, your decision to grab the bullet clip paying dividends at negating any suspicion whatsoever. Heading up a flight of stairs to the upper floors, you take a moment with the Houndoom to consider your options, when someone approaches you.

"You. With me."

The order comes suddenly and without warning as you and Silas turn to the source of the voice, to find an older man wearing a waistcoat with the symbol of the Shells emblazoned upon it, with all the subtlety of the Rocket symbol. Clearly this figure is a cut above the others, and his blonde short hair and green eyes give the impression of someone who doesn't take no for an answer. The Krookodile beside him only reinforces this, the croc eyeing you and Silas warily. How will you react?
{Oh hey, I guess I should probably get to this adventure again! ;)}

Thankfully, as they gained distance from the prison cells, Michael started to see his disguise become visible again, as well as tangible. After making a note to himself to not let Hyrem have a Litwick on the team ever, he continued left and looked towards the statues with some familiar looking creatures, though he wondered for a moment why the decor revolving around the embodiment of lightning was vandalized as opposed to the other two. Passing by a couple of Shells, he could tell the disguise was paying off for sure, but after he had ascended a set of stairs and was getting ready to talk with Silas, he heard a voice behind him:

"You. With me."

The voice belonged to a man, older than the rabble in this place and came with a full outfit that bore the Shell symbol more prominently than other outfits. Alongside him was a crocodile looking Pokemon with a very elongated snout, stubby arms, and powerful looking legs and tail, covered in dark red hide with black stripes and blacker mask to cover its eyes. This man with his menacing Pokemon definitely looked to be an admin of the Shells, if not the leader himself, and he commanded attention. Being in disguise, Michael felt even more obligated than most loyal Shells to follow orders, so he straightened his "form" and gave a simple, "Sir," waiting for this person of interest to lead the way, with Silas eyeing the other Dark-type with a general stare, trying to be as hard to read as possible. It was a sidetrack on top of a sidetrack to be certain, but, not only did they not have much other choice, Michael was genuinely interested in following this man to find who he is, how he fit into the hierarchy here, and whether he may be the key to discovering the gang's exact ties to the organization the leaders were, supposedly, formerly associated with...

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 08-07-2018, 08:47 PM   #603
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggggg5 View Post
Emi

After creating the opprotunity for the young girl to escape you seem to have incurred the wrath of this Shells member and his exeggcute. With a quick word you ask Scylla to play to her strengths and attempt to distract the exeggcute away from the fight. Scylla swoops in and pecks at the grass pokemon with her squid beak in attempts to gain the attention of the grass pokemon. TheExeggcute begins to hops a few paces away after Scylla and for a moment your plan seems to take hold. So whith the pokemon somewhat distracted you grab one of the sharper looking stones and threaten the Shell with it. He looks a bit apprehensive for a second but then slumps his shoulders. "Aw fuck, it's one of them crazy rich girls. I said that it would be a bad idea comin' over here." He sighs. "Exeggcute!" He calls out in an authorative tone. "Forget about the squid for a minute and get over here to protect me. Use barrage!" He says pointing at you. The Exeggcute, apparently better trained than you would assume from a grunt like this, begins to head back over to between you and the Shell, though the more cracked of the group are still distracted by Scylla. The more solid eggs begin their barrage attack, and while the attack looks by no means harmless it does seem to be lessened by the fact the exeggcute is divided. You bring your arms up to protect your face and the attack stings as if you were being shot by a low powered paintball gun. While you aren't hurt the barrage has kept you from closing in with your improvised weapon. Scylla glances over concerned but continues to distract the dumber cracked eggs until her next orders. What will you do now?
The women merely laughed as the Exeggcute tried to protect its trainer. She wondered if that Exeggcute had been stolen or if the man had actually used one of his own Pokemon, but the truth of the matter was that she barely cared. Maybe she could catch an Exeggcute after this. The Exeggcute was absolutely intent on stopping her however, but even as she had to cover her face to protect herself from the pelting of eggs, she smirked. An attack like this wouldn't be able to stop her. A "crazy rich girl" like her often had a backup plan to make sure what they wanted to do happened. "Scylla, I think you can stop distracting the Exeggcute now if you wish, and protect me by setting a Reflect so I can't be pelted by the Barrage. Maybe it'll also help against this man, who knows?" She raised her voice in a curious uptick, the kind of curiosity that could be considered morbid. "He might survive the dungeon, who knows~?" kind of curiosity, "From there you can continue to harass the Exeggcute. Try Pecking it or using Foul Play to send back its Barrages. Don't stress yourself too much though, your main focus should be on keeping the Reflect up so I don't end up too injured, okay." Scylla seemed to nod in understanding. The woman turned to the man and smiled wickedly. "Now, where were we? Oh yes, I think your exit." The woman gripped the chunk of crystal in her hand. She didn't know if it would be enough, but it really couldn't hurt to try, could it? She continued to approach the man, wondering what his next reaction would be. Would he flee, or would he fight back? Maybe he would beg and plead for his life. This was, at the very least, interesting to that woman. When this man's life was put on the line, what would his true colors end up being? Yellow? Red?
Old 08-08-2018, 01:44 AM   #604
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Emi

Intent on bludgeoning this man with your crystal chunk you call your starter pokemon back from attempting to distract the Exeggcute to your side. You have her set up a Reflect to protect your own body from physical blows as you close in menacingly. As you do so the thug's eyes widen, at first you smile to yourself, thinking your intimidation is finally working but you are suddenly confused as his face splits into a grin of wonder. "You can do that?!" He calls out bewildered. "I had no idea you could have your pokemon use support moves on yourself like that!" You share a look with Scylla who is just as confused as you are. "Exeggcute use reflect on me too!" He says excitedly and the Psychic pokemon stops with the Barrage and a similar glimmering barrier appears in front of the Shell to match yours. "Hehe..." The man seems to calm down and looks back to you where you have stopped in your tracks. "Listen girlie, I don't really wanna hurt you." He says before reaching behind his back and pulling out a pistol which is immediately leveled at you. You know that reflect could block against a lot of things, it is designed to help against the awesome powers of pokemon, but between his gun and your rock you can tell the odds are most certainly in his favor. "You put me in a good mood and showed me a nice trick, but I can't just go back to my boss sayin' I let you go. So if you beat Exeggcute here with your squid thingy I'll let you go and come up with a good story about how you beat me and had your vicious pokemon on me before I could even get my gun out. Sound like a deal?" He keeping the gun square on your center of mass. Will you agree to his demands?

Old 08-09-2018, 01:51 AM   #605
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBlastoise View Post
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You give your orders to your Zubat and very confused Tynamo and they take their battle stances, well more like a battle flight. Your Zubt uses its hypnosis on the Dragon-typed bat as it starts to use another Wing Attack. However, the Noibat only thinks that White Chicks was okay, not amazing. Still though the Noibat starts to get drowsy but it's not sleepy, not by a long shot. Your Tynamo sees its opportunity and attempts its tackle. However, its confusion caused it to bonk a wall instead. Little sparks fly out from its body, but it is otherwise fine. For now, the little guy is still confused though it seems like it might clear that condition very soon.

Alucard, upon seeing that the Noibat isn't asleep, starts to hack up a Bomb of Sludge and spits it out of his mouth. The Noibat gets coated with the sludge. Angered by its now ruined coat, the unevolved wyvern uses its Gust one more time to knock Alucard into the wall, next to the key. This causes the key to slip off the basically rotted rope and fall into the abyss. Off the corner of your eye, you see a bright blue light glow and what appears to be a second Noibat fly out from behind the fans, diving bombing to where the key is falling. The Noibat gives something off, but you can't quite place what. Something is different about this one. Meanwhile, Alucard attempts to go after the key himself, but the first Noibat refuses to fly aside and let him do so. And Geddy is still confused, and might not be able to get to the key before the second Noibat. What will you do?
Big grits his teeth as he watches Alucard attempt his hypnosis, but when it only succeeds at making the Noibat drowsy he lets out a sigh of disappointment as Alucard flares up. "Blast this small body. If I had my full powers I'd have this guy handing the key over himself and then making us dinner afterward." He says frustratedly. In the meantime, Geddy lets out more odd synthesized noises as he tries to attack the bat as well but instead collides with the wall. He seems a bit more clear after the impact but not quite clear enough. Alucard floats in front of the Noibat. "Alright then let's see how you like this then." He coughs up a sludge bomb onto the Noibat and grins a the outrage of its coat getting messed up. "What'sa matter? Not a fan of your new digs?" His reply is getting blasted into the wall by the Niobat's gust. "Touche." He says as the impact makes the key fall off the rope. "Alucard grab it!" Big calls out but the bat replies. "Little busy here!" Big slightly panicking reaches for a third pokeball but fumbles in his haste and in distraction as e watches a second Noibat streak down after the key. There was something off about the newcomer that drew his eyes to it. Were its eyes..? His thought is cut off by Geddy letting out another confused musical warble with a sigh. He looks over the situation and shakes his head, he'd go after the second one later, for now they need to deal with the problem in front of them. "Alucard, go in close for a bite and wing attack! And Geddy!" "Change my life agaaaain." The Tynamo sings. "Well actual words is progress at least. Just. Try and concentrate! Go for a spark." Big scratches the back of his head.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:20 PM   #606
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

King Ghidorah- With Weavile unable to continue and the Salazzle now going in for the kill, you have to act quickly. You place your hopes in Ponyta, tossing the Pokemon's ball down from your elevated position. The fire horse bursts from the ball, she looks to be well rested now, having had time to recover from the earlier pursuit. The ice beneath her hooves melts almost instantly. The Salazzle shows her no interest however, its back turned to her as it leaps up and you and the baby Salandit in your arms. Ponyta kicks off with amazing speed, quickly closing in but it seems as though she won't be quick enough. Just as the Salazzle prepares to strike you however, the baby Salandit in your arms lets out a burst of Dazzling light! The bright gleam catches the Salazzle off guard, causing it to flinch for a moment, but a moment is all Ponyta needs. The Fire type leaps off a boulder and slams into the Salazzle, knocking it into the wall of the cave. The Salazzle regains its footing as Ponyta arcs around to put some distance between them.

The two Fire types stare at each other from across the cavern, the ice coating the floor has all but melted. The pair simultaneously let loose rippling flamethrowers, the two jets of flame collide in a fiery explosion. A cloud of steam forms as the water quickly evaporates. Ponyta loses sight of the Salazzle, but not for long as the lizard queen reappears in front of her. It rakes its claws across her chest, causing her to rear up. The Salazzle isn't prepared however as Ponyta slams her hooves into the Poison type's chest with tremendous force. Knocking the Salazzle to the ground she tramples over the reptilian, grinding her into cavern floor. You wait anxiously, unsure if the Salazzle is done for or not. A minute passes and the Salazzle still doesn't move, it seems you are victorious!

Onix gained 2 levels!
Weavile gained 3 levels!
Ponyta gained 2 levels!

No longer threatened, you look around the cavern, the baby Salandit still in your arms. The light from Ponyta's flames seems to be reflecting off something on the ground, something golden. It is then that you realize that Weavile's surf must have washed some small gold fragments from the rock! The old miner's wheelbarrow also seemed to be in good condition, although he'd likely be disappointed that the ore he had worked so hard to mine had been lost. You also notice that the Salandit has started to warm up to you, as it now nuzzles your arm, seemingly apologising for biting you earlier. There was no telling how long the Salazzle would be out for, so it was probably best to get out of here before it came to....

Maskerade- "What the hell are you doing?!" Daniel pushes you away as you go to pick him up. "I can manage, you just worry about clearing the bloody way." It was clear Daniel didn't want your help, just the help of your Pokemon. Buster definitely seems ready to help, the little Totodile seems to drop the temperature in the room as he gathers a mass of ice energy for powerful, widespread attack. It was a smart choice, with multiple assailants that were all but impossible to see, there was no way of taking them down one by one. Breaker's ears twitch as he listens for the location of the mysterious attackers, if he could let Buster know when they were grouped, the attack would be even more successful.

The Nidoran lets out a short cry, indicating that now was the opportune moment for Buster to strike. The Totodile lets out a massive blast of icy wind, creating a blizzard that works its way down the long hallway. Its hard to see through the blizzard, but one by one you see shadowy figures fall to the floor. The lights soon flicker back on, it seems Buster was successful!

Buster gained 2 levels!
Breaker gained 1 level!

You get a good look at the creatures before they fade, there were six of the small winged creatures, which also possessed a pair of claws and some menacing looking horns.

Lvl 5 Shadow Imps- Treated as a Shadow Pokemon, incredibly fast but weak, don't stray far from their leader. Has access to a range of Shadow, Flying and Bug Moves.

With the path now clear, Daniel makes a mad dash down the hall and you quickly pursue. He bursts into the archives room and begins shouting at the top of his lungs. "Jodie! Jodie! Are you in here!" There is no response, but Daniel continues to shout. If she wasn't here, then where was she?"

Old 08-12-2018, 07:12 AM   #607
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post

Maskerade- "What the hell are you doing?!" Daniel pushes you away as you go to pick him up. "I can manage, you just worry about clearing the bloody way." It was clear Daniel didn't want your help, just the help of your Pokemon. Buster definitely seems ready to help, the little Totodile seems to drop the temperature in the room as he gathers a mass of ice energy for powerful, widespread attack. It was a smart choice, with multiple assailants that were all but impossible to see, there was no way of taking them down one by one. Breaker's ears twitch as he listens for the location of the mysterious attackers, if he could let Buster know when they were grouped, the attack would be even more successful.

The Nidoran lets out a short cry, indicating that now was the opportune moment for Buster to strike. The Totodile lets out a massive blast of icy wind, creating a blizzard that works its way down the long hallway. Its hard to see through the blizzard, but one by one you see shadowy figures fall to the floor. The lights soon flicker back on, it seems Buster was successful!

Buster gained 2 levels!
Breaker gained 1 level!

You get a good look at the creatures before they fade, there were six of the small winged creatures, which also possessed a pair of claws and some menacing looking horns.

Lvl 5 Shadow Imps- Treated as a Shadow Pokemon, incredibly fast but weak, don't stray far from their leader. Has access to a range of Shadow, Flying and Bug Moves.

With the path now clear, Daniel makes a mad dash down the hall and you quickly pursue. He bursts into the archives room and begins shouting at the top of his lungs. "Jodie! Jodie! Are you in here!" There is no response, but Daniel continues to shout. If she wasn't here, then where was she?"
Buster did it. Channeling his fury and fighting spirit into a full-blown Blizzard, the undersized crocodile managed to fell six opponents at once, with some precious assistance from Breaker, though the Totodile wouldn't readily admit it.

One by one the winged creatures fell to the ground, deformed creatures that Hanson's PokeDex couldn't identify. Sure enough, these were no Pokemon known to man - but he should've expected that, and just about anything, considering nothing in his life made sense anymore since he touched that torn painting.

Are these... demons? Undiscovered species of Pokemon? The hell's going on 'ere?...

He found himself instinctively exchanging a glance, not with Daniel, but with his Elekid - something told Hanson the Electric-Type critter was more trustworthy, or at the very least easier to sympathize with, than his human Trainer. Unfortunately, judging by Elekid's expression, he had no idea what
was going on either.

"Good job Buster, Breaker," he said encouragingly. But before he could come up with a plan of action, Daniel was already rushing off on his own down the corridor and towards the archives, the goddamn idiot. "Ah, to hell with that guy..."

Hanson took off after the man in suit, hoping to prevent any ambushes he might run into. Fortunately, none awaited them: the Archives room seemed to be as empty as every division Hanson had seen inspected when he first entered the Bastion of Vacuous Dreams by mistake. Daniel was shouting as loud as he could for his wife, but it was becoming painfully obvious that Jodie wouldn't, or couldn't, answer.

"You can stop screamin' now," Hanson said, annoyed. The last thing they needed was to draw more attention to themselves, with those things roaming around. "Yer wife ain't 'ere."

He needed to search the room properly, but there was a reason he hadn't signed up for the Recon Squad. Hanson broke things, he didn't fetch them.

"Breaker, ears perked" he instructed. They might not be able to hear Jodie, but if she was indeed nearby, maybe the Nidoran could pick up on any sounds. "Blizzer, shield Mr. Daniel. Remind 'im to stop yellin', maybe you can persuade 'im."

The towering bear stood next to the desperate husband with his arms crossed. One of his hands was enough to cover the whole man's face, if he insisted on screaming some more.

"Elekid, mind helpin' out with the search?" The more ground they could cover, the sooner they'd get to the bottom of this. If Jodie was in danger, it was in their best interest to find her as quickly as possible - clearly, the shadowy creatures targeted humans rather than Pokemon.

Goddamn painting...
Old 08-12-2018, 05:19 PM   #608
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Life, jim, but not as we know it.

Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: An apparent authority figure of the Shells over you, your response and Silas's garners but a confirmatory glance as the man leads, the Krookodile behind you and your Houndoom. As you make your way through the mazelike corridors, you notice that rather than heading for the internal sections of the complex you appear to be venturing to the outer areas, and as the Shell stops by a door he opens it, the croc ushering the two of you through to find yourselves on the outside of the cathedral building, on a walled section, offering excellent views of the rest of the complex and surroundings. To the northwest, you can see some sort of work in a damaged clearing, signs of a major fight having occurred, but your continued examination is interrupted by the admin motioning towards a tower door a short distance away.

Entering the tower after the man, you can tell that this part of the complex isn't frequented too often, judging by the dust and general mess. Papers lie strewn randomly across a desk, and a number of lockers are lined haphazardly against a wall, while a steel cage sits in the corner, empty. A click behind you catches your attention as the human holds a key in hand, locking you and Silas in with him and the Krookodile!

"Safety measures and privacy, you understand. Now then," he begins as he twirls the key around his fingers idly, "while ordinarily security around the sanctum remains top-notch, there have been the occasional break-ins here and there. Be the intruders brazen thieves, foolhardy would-be heroes, or, dare I say, spies..." the man pauses to stare at you and Silas, seeking to unnerve you. "The men here possess a track record for efficiency and punishment. The thieves lose what few possessions they had on them, the heroes learned the hard way what lack of power overconfidence has in the face of seasoned adversity, and the less said on the fates of spies, the better. All three, always expected."

"What they hadn't expected, however, was a vengeful spectre and their canine companion to infiltrate their base of operations without issue. Fascinating fact about Krookodile, their vision is exemplary, allowing them to spot prey from miles away."

Before you realise it, the gator swings its tail and knocks Silas off his feet before rushing forward and pinning the Houndoom down with superpowered strength, the canine having been blindsided. The man raises his hand as your pokemon struggles in vain to escape, before staring at you curiously.

"An interesting form you've taken there, I must say. While I'm sure you have your reasons, the ball is currently in our proverbial hands, so to speak. As obvious as this may sound, if you value your pokemon friend's continued existence, then you would be prudent to remain where you are with hands by side." Walking around, he turns to Silas, who can only growl in defiance at him. "I will hand it to you, use of a Houndoom here truly adds to your veil, and he certainly seems as loyal as any Arcanine. You, of course, realise that under normal circumstances I would think nothing of, ah, terminating the two of you...but that is not my style."

To your mild surprise, the Shell offers you a seat at the desk as he wanders to the other side of it and sits down himself. "While I cannot be certain what ghost you are specifically, your efforts to get in here should be rewarded, and I am genuinely curious as to who you would be and what brought you here. We have full privacy, and it is not my personal style to stab backs while they are turned. The offer is simple: you explain yourself, and I will overlook this trespassing, and if information is sought, then depending on the context of information, I would be willing to provide it."

The Shell looks at you expectantly, without an air of malice, as the Krookodile maintains a firm yet gentle hold on Silas, regarding you with the same level of curiosity. Whether you take the man's offer or not is up to you, but with your fire type currently held hostage, there may not be much of a choice in the matter.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:33 PM   #609
Emi

Quote:
Emi

Intent on bludgeoning this man with your crystal chunk you call your starter pokemon back from attempting to distract the Exeggcute to your side. You have her set up a Reflect to protect your own body from physical blows as you close in menacingly. As you do so the thug's eyes widen, at first you smile to yourself, thinking your intimidation is finally working but you are suddenly confused as his face splits into a grin of wonder. "You can do that?!" He calls out bewildered. "I had no idea you could have your pokemon use support moves on yourself like that!" You share a look with Scylla who is just as confused as you are. "Exeggcute use reflect on me too!" He says excitedly and the Psychic pokemon stops with the Barrage and a similar glimmering barrier appears in front of the Shell to match yours. "Hehe..." The man seems to calm down and looks back to you where you have stopped in your tracks. "Listen girlie, I don't really wanna hurt you." He says before reaching behind his back and pulling out a pistol which is immediately leveled at you. You know that reflect could block against a lot of things, it is designed to help against the awesome powers of pokemon, but between his gun and your rock you can tell the odds are most certainly in his favor. "You put me in a good mood and showed me a nice trick, but I can't just go back to my boss sayin' I let you go. So if you beat Exeggcute here with your squid thingy I'll let you go and come up with a good story about how you beat me and had your vicious pokemon on me before I could even get my gun out. Sound like a deal?" He keeping the gun square on your center of mass. Will you agree to his demands?
"Oh dear, you've pulled a gun out on me. I suppose I should have seen it coming. I had hoped you might be a little less quick on the uptake but alas, it seems not." This had turned out to be a far messier bit than expected. She didn't give a damn about the Shells but she did wonder whether or not it would be a good idea to get on their bad side. It probably wouldn't even be that interesting. The woman sighed, and just shook her head. "Really, all I would have found amusing is you being gutted like a pig, but sure, if you want to have some kind of Pokemon battle, I'm sure I can oblige. I've been meaning to give Scylla some training, after all, she's desperately timid." Scylla looked a little offended, surely she could handle some eggs. The woman turned around, not caring about the man in the slightest; let him shoot her, it would be the last thing the man did. Besides, he was a coward at best. She sat down on a rock, taking out a glass and a wine bottle she had been carrying, before pouring herself a glass. A beautiful, although quite dark red wine came out, and she drank it slowly, savoring the taste. "I apologize for not having two glasses, but surely you can manage."

"Scylla, I hesitate to say you have nothing to fear from this sad sack of eggs, but I think the battle is as good as done, yes? Start off by delivering many Pecks to him dear, then give him a good Tackle. Go after the broken one first, he looks the most vulnerable!~" The woman sat as if she didn't give a care in the world, but secretly, she was planning her next move. Her next option. Some moves were unpredictable after all, and she wondered what her plan of guaranteed success was.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:02 AM   #610
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Emilia

After his comedic outburst the grunt has relaxed but basically forced you into a battle at gunpoint ooc: Which is apparently what it takes and after confidently pouring a glass of wine you finally deign to have Scylla attack his Exeggcute. You know that your Inkay is not as much of a fighter as most pokemon, but given the showing of this exeggcute so far even she doesn't have much to fear. You start her off by telling her to Peck at the grass pokemon, and aiming for the more cracked ones in hopes of dealing some extra damage or possibly disabling some of the eggs. After hesitating slightly Scylla dives in beak first, delivering a nice super effective blow. "There we go!" The Shell grunt pumps his arms, getting pumped up. "This is what I'm talking about, this is a pokemon battle!" You aren't sure what's got him so excited, his pokemon is the on that is losing. "Alright Exeggcute, do your Uproar now!" He commands out to his pokemon. The eggs seemingly start talking to each other. The talking becomes louder and then turns to shouting. And soon after that their shouting starts letting off waves of energy, and the several of the waves head towards Scylla, delivering the first real hit she has taken in this battle. She flinches as it impacts, but after it impacts she can tell it certainly hurt, but not as much as she had anticipated. Emboldened by this she flies in for a tackle attack knocking into the group of eggs, causing them to argue even more, seemingly blaming each other for getting hit. As the Uproar continues, what will you do next?

Old 08-13-2018, 07:13 AM   #611
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
King Ghidorah- With Weavile unable to continue and the Salazzle now going in for the kill, you have to act quickly. You place your hopes in Ponyta, tossing the Pokemon's ball down from your elevated position. The fire horse bursts from the ball, she looks to be well rested now, having had time to recover from the earlier pursuit. The ice beneath her hooves melts almost instantly. The Salazzle shows her no interest however, its back turned to her as it leaps up and you and the baby Salandit in your arms. Ponyta kicks off with amazing speed, quickly closing in but it seems as though she won't be quick enough. Just as the Salazzle prepares to strike you however, the baby Salandit in your arms lets out a burst of Dazzling light! The bright gleam catches the Salazzle off guard, causing it to flinch for a moment, but a moment is all Ponyta needs. The Fire type leaps off a boulder and slams into the Salazzle, knocking it into the wall of the cave. The Salazzle regains its footing as Ponyta arcs around to put some distance between them.

The two Fire types stare at each other from across the cavern, the ice coating the floor has all but melted. The pair simultaneously let loose rippling flamethrowers, the two jets of flame collide in a fiery explosion. A cloud of steam forms as the water quickly evaporates. Ponyta loses sight of the Salazzle, but not for long as the lizard queen reappears in front of her. It rakes its claws across her chest, causing her to rear up. The Salazzle isn't prepared however as Ponyta slams her hooves into the Poison type's chest with tremendous force. Knocking the Salazzle to the ground she tramples over the reptilian, grinding her into cavern floor. You wait anxiously, unsure if the Salazzle is done for or not. A minute passes and the Salazzle still doesn't move, it seems you are victorious!

Onix gained 2 levels!
Weavile gained 3 levels!
Ponyta gained 2 levels!

No longer threatened, you look around the cavern, the baby Salandit still in your arms. The light from Ponyta's flames seems to be reflecting off something on the ground, something golden. It is then that you realize that Weavile's surf must have washed some small gold fragments from the rock! The old miner's wheelbarrow also seemed to be in good condition, although he'd likely be disappointed that the ore he had worked so hard to mine had been lost. You also notice that the Salandit has started to warm up to you, as it now nuzzles your arm, seemingly apologising for biting you earlier. There was no telling how long the Salazzle would be out for, so it was probably best to get out of here before it came to....

With the Salazzle dispatched, it appeared that there was finally a moment to breathe.

“Glad that’s over with,” Hugo said as he was lowered back to the ground by Onix. “Though the old man is probably going to be pissed that we lost his ore.”

Still holding the Salandit, Hugo inspected the wheelbarrow. “At least this thing looks to be in fair shape,” he said, giving the wheelbarrow a kick, which caused the cavern to echo with a metallic BOING! “But what do we have here?”

Hugo dragged his foot across the ground, revealing something sparkling just below the surface. Taking notice, Ponyta kicked the dirt below her front hoof. Whatever was there was illuminated by Ponyta’s flames, marvelously dazzling against the cave walls.

“There’s something here. I don’t know what it is, but it could be valuable. Onix, can you pull it from the ground?”

Just as he finished the sentence, Hugo caught sight of the fallen Salazzle, the Toxic Lizard groaning in her unconscious state. Who knew how much longer she would be incapacitated? She certainly wouldn’t be happy when she came to, and Hugo didn’t want to go through round 2. “We’re going to have to move quickly.”

Meanwhile, the baby Salandit nestled in his arms, apologetically brushing her snout over the puncture wounds in Hugo’s arm. It was strange seeing a creature that most would say is objectively repugnant show affection, but Hugo couldn’t help but feel for the little one. She was just a baby after all. And rejected by her mother to boot. She was shrewd for being so new to this world, but Hugo knew the game of life was stacked against her.

“I think it would be best if you came along with me,” he said to the fire lizard as he placed her on the ground. “What do you say?”

And with that, Hugo pulled an empty Pokeball from his waist and gently tossed it at the Salandit.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #612
Emi

Quote:
Emilia

After his comedic outburst the grunt has relaxed but basically forced you into a battle at gunpoint ooc: Which is apparently what it takes and after confidently pouring a glass of wine you finally deign to have Scylla attack his Exeggcute. You know that your Inkay is not as much of a fighter as most pokemon, but given the showing of this exeggcute so far even she doesn't have much to fear. You start her off by telling her to Peck at the grass pokemon, and aiming for the more cracked ones in hopes of dealing some extra damage or possibly disabling some of the eggs. After hesitating slightly Scylla dives in beak first, delivering a nice super effective blow. "There we go!" The Shell grunt pumps his arms, getting pumped up. "This is what I'm talking about, this is a pokemon battle!" You aren't sure what's got him so excited, his pokemon is the on that is losing. "Alright Exeggcute, do your Uproar now!" He commands out to his pokemon. The eggs seemingly start talking to each other. The talking becomes louder and then turns to shouting. And soon after that their shouting starts letting off waves of energy, and the several of the waves head towards Scylla, delivering the first real hit she has taken in this battle. She flinches as it impacts, but after it impacts she can tell it certainly hurt, but not as much as she had anticipated. Emboldened by this she flies in for a tackle attack knocking into the group of eggs, causing them to argue even more, seemingly blaming each other for getting hit. As the Uproar continues, what will you do next?
'Oh dear, is this man really that excited for a Pokemon battle? Is this man really a thug or a child?' The woman mused as she watched her Scylla and the man's Exeggcute battle. She was pretty much right; it likely was going to end up being a pretty one-sided battle all things considered, although she was hoping she would have the ability to use one of Scylla's stronger techniques. The woman sighed, continuing to savor her wine. What had she even hoped to get out of this? She wondered before realizing something. She watched the Shell carefully, looking for the correct moment. Putting her glass down, she got up and stretched, an act sure but it allowed her to more proactively make her next move. Now all she had to do was rely on Scylla to help her from here.

"Scylla, dear, let's continue. I believe a couple Pecks are in good order. They don't seem to have the best teamwork, so see if you can try to rile them up further, although if you can't, continue going for the vulnerable ones!" When in doubt, falling back on the strategy of 'be as vicious as possible and take no prisoners' worked. All the time she was looking for her opening, her in. The Reflect shield might suddenly drop the more damage she did. Of course, that was true in reverse, but if things were more one-sided she could probably deal with a gun. Actually, a gun would be rather convenient wouldn't it? Not to mention there was always some sort of refined energy to a high class woman with a gun. She quite liked the sound of that idea.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:31 AM   #613
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Maskerade- You pursue Daniel, the idiot was likely to draw in more of these strange creatures if he wasn't closely monitored. Sure enough as soon as he reached the archives room he begins to shout at the top of his lungs. You quickly cut him off though, did he completely lack common sense? You decide the best course of action is to properly search the room, maybe Jodie was hiding somewhere or perhaps unconscious? Breaker puts his hearing to work and starts searching around the large room, listening for any strange noises. You recruit Daniel's Elekid for the search as well. You seemed to resonate with the Electric type, perhaps you were kindred spirits? Regardless, the Elekid quickly gets to work, searching alongside you. The archives room is filled with rows of shelves, filled with books and files. You eventually find an office at the back of the room, but as you go to open the door you are met by resistance. It feels like something is preventing you from getting inside. Breaker quickly joins your side, his ears twitch as he picks up noises coming from inside. The Nidoran looks at you with a sense of certainty, you need to get in there. Elekid sees this too and quickly rushes off, returning moments later with Daniel and Blizzer.

It takes little effort for the hulking Beartic to bust through, he pushes the door back and the pile of furniture that has been stacked up behind it. A scream follows, but the woman quickly calms down as Daniel bursts in to embrace her.

"Darling I was worried sick!" Daniel is almost weeping at this point. "What's going on, I went into your office and found this guy in there. By the time we left your office to find you everything had gone crazy. There was no one around, the receptionist was dead and there was this strange creature in the lobby."

"Everyone else left but I stayed back to catch up on some stuff", Jodie explains. "I was getting through my work but then the lights began to flicker, I heard screaming so I ran out into the hall." Jodie begins to tremor with fear. "Did you see it as well?"

"See what?" Daniel questions, "the little things? we took care of those."

"No it wasn't little, it was massive! I locked myself in here because it was blocking the way, if it isn't out there now then we have to leave while we have the chance." It seems you've actually been lucky so far, if Jodie was telling the truth, maybe it was best for you to make a run for it?

King Ghidorah- You pick up the wheelbarrow and instruct your Onix to try and collect the small gold fragments. The giant rock snake seems to lack the dexterity required, but thankfully the Salandit realises your intention. The lizard quickly collects the small nuggets and places them in the wheelbarrow. Once its task is complete you find yourself presented with an opportunity. The Salandit sits patiently in front of you and remains unfaltering as you gently lob a Pokeball at it. The ball hits the Salandit on the snout before popping open and drawing the Fire type inside. Snapping shut, the ball drops to the cavern floor and begins to shake and blink. After a few moments the ball lets out a click and rests peacefully on the cavern floor.

You caught a lvl 5 Female Salandit with the ability Corrosion! It also knows Helping Hand and Dazzling Gleam!

You head back through the tunnel with your latest acquisition in hand. Now knowing the Salandit was a Female, you start to realise why the Salazzle acted so aggressively. It likely saw its offspring as a threat to its own rule, since she couldn't control her like she could the males. The old miner is still waiting for you at the entrance to the tunnel. He initially has a look of disappointment on his face, it was obvious you had lost the ore. However when he gets a proper look at the contents of the wheelbarrow, his face lights up.

"You've got to be kidding me! Where did you find gold?! This mine was picked dry years ago!" He digs into his pack and produces a few items. "How about a trade? I've got this Heart Scale, a TM for Stone Edge, a TM for Dig and this Firium Z Crystal. I've now idea what the crystal does but a mate of mine said trainers are crazy about them for some reason. I'll give you the lot for that little haul you've got there, should be enough for me to enjoy my retirement." The miner looked eager to make the trade, but are you willing to accept his offer?

Old 08-17-2018, 06:22 PM   #614
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Maskerade- You pursue Daniel, the idiot was likely to draw in more of these strange creatures if he wasn't closely monitored. Sure enough as soon as he reached the archives room he begins to shout at the top of his lungs. You quickly cut him off though, did he completely lack common sense? You decide the best course of action is to properly search the room, maybe Jodie was hiding somewhere or perhaps unconscious? Breaker puts his hearing to work and starts searching around the large room, listening for any strange noises. You recruit Daniel's Elekid for the search as well. You seemed to resonate with the Electric type, perhaps you were kindred spirits? Regardless, the Elekid quickly gets to work, searching alongside you. The archives room is filled with rows of shelves, filled with books and files. You eventually find an office at the back of the room, but as you go to open the door you are met by resistance. It feels like something is preventing you from getting inside. Breaker quickly joins your side, his ears twitch as he picks up noises coming from inside. The Nidoran looks at you with a sense of certainty, you need to get in there. Elekid sees this too and quickly rushes off, returning moments later with Daniel and Blizzer.

It takes little effort for the hulking Beartic to bust through, he pushes the door back and the pile of furniture that has been stacked up behind it. A scream follows, but the woman quickly calms down as Daniel bursts in to embrace her.

"Darling I was worried sick!" Daniel is almost weeping at this point. "What's going on, I went into your office and found this guy in there. By the time we left your office to find you everything had gone crazy. There was no one around, the receptionist was dead and there was this strange creature in the lobby."

"Everyone else left but I stayed back to catch up on some stuff", Jodie explains. "I was getting through my work but then the lights began to flicker, I heard screaming so I ran out into the hall." Jodie begins to tremor with fear. "Did you see it as well?"

"See what?" Daniel questions, "the little things? we took care of those."

"No it wasn't little, it was massive! I locked myself in here because it was blocking the way, if it isn't out there now then we have to leave while we have the chance." It seems you've actually been lucky so far, if Jodie was telling the truth, maybe it was best for you to make a run for it?
Massive?...

Something didn't add up. The shadow creatures were terrifying, yes, but they were no bigger than Blizzer's current form. Of all the words to describe them, "massive" really shouldn't be one of them...

"Evenin', miss, glad yer safe. Name's Hanson," the giant said, relieved that the woman was safe and sound. He might not like Daniel, but that didn't mean he wished any harm upon his wife. "Yer wife's right Mr. Daniel, we should hurry while we can... though I ain't sure where to go."

It all started with that damned painting... but was backtracking all the way to the office a good idea? What if the painting on this side did nothing at all? Should they try to head outside instead?

He looked at his companions. None of them seemed frightened, which attested to their greatest quality and their greatest flaw. Each and every one of them had the heart of a warrior, but shouldn't they have a bit more common sense?...

"Say, ma'am... could ya describe that massive thing ya saw earlier? 'Cause I'd hate to get caught by surprise by something as big as me," he said, attempting to break the tension with the best joke he could think of. He found himself looking at Elekid to see if at least he'd cracked a smile.

"Anyway... Blizzer, Buster, Breaker, on yer guard. We ain't in the clear yet," he advised before turning to Daniel. "I hope ya trust me by now, with yer wife bein' safe an' all. I wanna leave this creepy-ass place as much as you do, I got places to be - home, for one. So I'm gonna ask you to trust me for just a bit longer and take me back to yer wife's office. I got no freaking idea how to go back by myself."

It was a long shot, and he could be digging his own grave by going back there... but that painting could work both ways. It had better.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #615
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Maskerade- You introduce yourself to Jodie, if she had more information on this 'massive' Shadow creature then you were going to need to hear it.

"Well it kind of looked like a giant serpent, but it had wings and horns. The last time I saw it, it was heading back towards the stairwell, so it could have gone further up into the building. It was definitely bigger than you though..."

With this new information, you encourage Daniel and Jodie to trust you for just a little longer. Your Pokemon were the only thing standing between your group and the strange Shadow creatures that had taken over the building, well Elekid was there as well but alone it likely didn't stand a chance. When you insist on getting back to the office, Jodie gives you a weird look. She doesn't speak against the idea, but she seems to find it strange that you want to get back to her office.

The three of you leave the archives room with your Pokemon and Elekid leading the way. Thankfully you make it to the elevator without obstruction. Once you reach the lobby, you feel like you are in the clear. Daniel makes a rush for the front door, but try as he might, he cannot get the door to open. You turn to head for the office, but then the lights begin to flicker. By now you knew what this meant, but the terrifying roar that echoes through the building sends a chill down your spine. You watch in horror as a giant creature slithers in from the far side of the lobby. By the time its entire body is in the room, it occupies half the space! The Shadow creature looks similar to what Jodie had described, it resembled a giant snake, with horns on its head, spines running down its back and a pair of short wings. It clearly spots you, despite the clear lack of eyes and lets out a roar in your direction. Your Pokemon shrink back, as if Intimidated by the creature's presence. You could make a break for the painting, but with the uncertainty of whether it will transport you back to where you came, was it worth the risk?

Lvl 50 Shadow Wyrm- Treated as a Shadow Pokemon, incredibly powerful, avoid at all costs. Has access to a range of Shadow, Dragon and Fire Moves.

Old 08-19-2018, 07:54 AM   #616
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
King Ghidorah- You pick up the wheelbarrow and instruct your Onix to try and collect the small gold fragments. The giant rock snake seems to lack the dexterity required, but thankfully the Salandit realises your intention. The lizard quickly collects the small nuggets and places them in the wheelbarrow. Once its task is complete you find yourself presented with an opportunity. The Salandit sits patiently in front of you and remains unfaltering as you gently lob a Pokeball at it. The ball hits the Salandit on the snout before popping open and drawing the Fire type inside. Snapping shut, the ball drops to the cavern floor and begins to shake and blink. After a few moments the ball lets out a click and rests peacefully on the cavern floor.

You caught a lvl 5 Female Salandit with the ability Corrosion! It also knows Helping Hand and Dazzling Gleam!

You head back through the tunnel with your latest acquisition in hand. Now knowing the Salandit was a Female, you start to realise why the Salazzle acted so aggressively. It likely saw its offspring as a threat to its own rule, since she couldn't control her like she could the males. The old miner is still waiting for you at the entrance to the tunnel. He initially has a look of disappointment on his face, it was obvious you had lost the ore. However when he gets a proper look at the contents of the wheelbarrow, his face lights up.

"You've got to be kidding me! Where did you find gold?! This mine was picked dry years ago!" He digs into his pack and produces a few items. "How about a trade? I've got this Heart Scale, a TM for Stone Edge, a TM for Dig and this Firium Z Crystal. I've now idea what the crystal does but a mate of mine said trainers are crazy about them for some reason. I'll give you the lot for that little haul you've got there, should be enough for me to enjoy my retirement." The miner looked eager to make the trade, but are you willing to accept his offer?
Hugo was exhausted, caked with mud and perspiration. He knew the nugget could fetch a fine price on the open market, but he wasn’t overly concerned with the money at the moment. In the Fizzy world, Heart Scales were extremely valuable. Plus the TMs were great, and the Z crystal? That could do some serious damage, whether given to Salandit or to Ponyta, who stood behind Hugo looking as if she too needed to sleep for about three days.

“I want you to know,” Hugo said addressing the miner, “that my Pokemon and I went through hell and back to get this for you. We were bombarded by rock monsters and bats and an enraged lizard queen who literally tried to kill us all with a controlled explosion.”

Hugo wasn’t sure why he was sharing all this. Perhaps it was to express his gratitude to his Pokemon. Perhaps he was trying to get the man to throw in some more despite it being a more than fair offer. In reality, it was likely he was just trying to make the old man feel bad because he could be petty like that.

Although it wasn’t all bad. Sneasel had evolved into Weavile. Onix and Ponyta gained tons of valuable experience. And Hugo was finally able to catch the female Salamdit he had always hoped for, and she was a special one at that. Hugo narrowed his eyes at the old man.

“But fair is fair. That sounds reasonable to me. So I will accept your offer.”
Old 08-20-2018, 03:42 AM   #617
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

King Ghidorah- After regaling the old miner with an overview of your epic conquest, you half expect a bonus but the old timer doesn't seem that impressed.

"Eh sounds like a regular day for me back in my prime, plus there's plenty of room for improvement, you did lose my ore after all." With a devilish grin the miner tosses you a bag containing the Heart Scale, TM Dig, TM Stone Edge and Firium Z Crystal, before gathering up the small nuggets from his wheelbarrow. With a spring in his step he skips away, heading back towards town, "thanks again laddie!" You stare at the wheelbarrow and pickaxe he left behind, he obviously thought he no longer needed them.....

You'd fallen a little short in your mission, but your Pokemon were now stronger and more experienced from the trials you faced. Your bond with them has grown and you now had a new team member to get to know. The young Salandit would likely enjoy getting to test out the Firium Z Crystal, although it would likely take some time to master its use. You notice the sun is starting to set. You're Pokemon had taken quite a beating and Weavile would likely need the attention only a Pokemon Centre could offer. Staying out after dark in a contested area would likely prove unwise, perhaps it was time to head back to town?

Your adventure is now complete! I hope you enjoyed it, you were fun to write for I'm more than happy to keep updating you if you would like me to!

Old 08-20-2018, 11:17 AM   #618
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Maskerade- You introduce yourself to Jodie, if she had more information on this 'massive' Shadow creature then you were going to need to hear it.

"Well it kind of looked like a giant serpent, but it had wings and horns. The last time I saw it, it was heading back towards the stairwell, so it could have gone further up into the building. It was definitely bigger than you though..."

With this new information, you encourage Daniel and Jodie to trust you for just a little longer. Your Pokemon were the only thing standing between your group and the strange Shadow creatures that had taken over the building, well Elekid was there as well but alone it likely didn't stand a chance. When you insist on getting back to the office, Jodie gives you a weird look. She doesn't speak against the idea, but she seems to find it strange that you want to get back to her office.

The three of you leave the archives room with your Pokemon and Elekid leading the way. Thankfully you make it to the elevator without obstruction. Once you reach the lobby, you feel like you are in the clear. Daniel makes a rush for the front door, but try as he might, he cannot get the door to open. You turn to head for the office, but then the lights begin to flicker. By now you knew what this meant, but the terrifying roar that echoes through the building sends a chill down your spine. You watch in horror as a giant creature slithers in from the far side of the lobby. By the time its entire body is in the room, it occupies half the space! The Shadow creature looks similar to what Jodie had described, it resembled a giant snake, with horns on its head, spines running down its back and a pair of short wings. It clearly spots you, despite the clear lack of eyes and lets out a roar in your direction. Your Pokemon shrink back, as if Intimidated by the creature's presence. You could make a break for the painting, but with the uncertainty of whether it will transport you back to where you came, was it worth the risk?

Lvl 50 Shadow Wyrm- Treated as a Shadow Pokemon, incredibly powerful, avoid at all costs. Has access to a range of Shadow, Dragon and Fire Moves.
Holy shit... the hell is that thing?!

Just when he thought he was almost getting used to the creatures, out came this absolute monstrosity. Jodie, as it turned out, sucked at adjectives. This thing wasn't just massive - it was a freaking gigantic hellspawn that could eat any one of them, Blizzer included, in a single bite. Lovely odds.

"Mr. Daniel," said Hanson in a whisper. Not that it mattered really - they'd already been spotted. "Cover Jodie, I'll try to keep that thing distracted. Blizzer, stick with 'em, keep 'em safe."

The Beartic looked at his Trainer with apprehension. He was the strongest Pokemon Hanson had, why was he staying on guard duty?

"Buster, Breaker... Elekid," he continued. "I'll need yer 'elp."

Even from a distance, he could see embers escape the giant's frame. If he was right, that thing could use fire, and he didn't want to put Blizzer in harm's way. He could make a break for the painting, save himself, but... he couldn't leave the couple behind to fend for themselves. Daniel and Jodie would be devoured in a heartbeat, and although he owed them nothing, he was still a soldier even if his army was gone.

Buster was getting pumped up, a red aura enveloping his small frame as he channeled his Dragon Dance. Breaker stood next to him, with no similar means of powering up, but his burning resolve not to lag behind his rival led him to Focus his Energy as much as he could. Hanson could only hope Elekid was equally willing to stand with them.

"I dn't know what you're capable of, but if ya got any moves that can slow down that thing, it'd be a huge help," he said, addressing Daniel's partner. "Buster, at the slightest sign of hostility let loose with a Scald; Breaker, prepare for a Poison Sting".

As torn as he was between running for the painting or holding his ground... duty spoke louder. Damn conscience.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:18 AM   #619
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
King Ghidorah- After regaling the old miner with an overview of your epic conquest, you half expect a bonus but the old timer doesn't seem that impressed.

"Eh sounds like a regular day for me back in my prime, plus there's plenty of room for improvement, you did lose my ore after all." With a devilish grin the miner tosses you a bag containing the Heart Scale, TM Dig, TM Stone Edge and Firium Z Crystal, before gathering up the small nuggets from his wheelbarrow. With a spring in his step he skips away, heading back towards town, "thanks again laddie!" You stare at the wheelbarrow and pickaxe he left behind, he obviously thought he no longer needed them.....

You'd fallen a little short in your mission, but your Pokemon were now stronger and more experienced from the trials you faced. Your bond with them has grown and you now had a new team member to get to know. The young Salandit would likely enjoy getting to test out the Firium Z Crystal, although it would likely take some time to master its use. You notice the sun is starting to set. You're Pokemon had taken quite a beating and Weavile would likely need the attention only a Pokemon Centre could offer. Staying out after dark in a contested area would likely prove unwise, perhaps it was time to head back to town?

Your adventure is now complete! I hope you enjoyed it, you were fun to write for I'm more than happy to keep updating you if you would like me to!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crystal Grove (Neutral): The upper-class section of the city has escaped most of the havoc that has plagued the others, due to its relative proximity to the Marshal's headquarters to the north-east. However, the southern end has seen some raids by the Shells, and the nobles have been troubled by their increased activity, and would be willing to allow those they deem worthy to help put an end to the rabble. The grove's natural plantlife and suburban gardens seem to attract forest pokemon more often than other sections. Reply in Magenta.
Hugo, satisfied with his bounty, sat and rested. He and his team had been put through the ringer and the quarry, but he came away with a new Salandit and a boat load of useful items. This was his goal when he chose to explore the quarry so, all things considered, mission accomplished. But it wasn’t easy and Hugo knew his team was in need of some care, so he would need to move and do it soon before the quarry became even more dangerous than it already was. Truth be told, there weren’t many areas where Hugo considered “safe”, most being torn between the Ribs and the Shells. So after process of elimination, there was really only one choice: Crystal Grove.

Hugo never would have guessed that the Grove was in such a high crime area like Bedlam Ridge when he finally arrived. Between the well-maintained buildings and neatly manicured parks and gardens, it seemed like it was almost another world entirely. “True gentrification at its finest,” he thought. There of course were rumors about how the Shells had been increasing their activity toward the southern part of the Grove, but with the Marshall headquarters nearby, it was unlikely that they would get any real footing and thus, Hugo could largely avoid any trouble with them. Or at least that’s what he tried to convince himself of.

But for now, the Grove seemed like a pleasant change of pace from the dingy caverns of the quarry for Hugo. He finally felt like he was back among the world of the living, back in civilized society. He wandered the streets in search of a Pokemon Center so he could get his team back in fighting shape. However, as was the case with all of Bedlam Ridge, he knew in the back of his mind that some other adventure may find him first…
Old 08-27-2018, 02:00 AM   #620
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Emi

Contemplating your opponent's apparent childishness you realize that you likely won't have to think too hard about defeating the Exeggcute. However, you decide to stand and focus somewhat, perhaps putting some effort in would end this battle faster and allow Scylla to use one of her stronger moves. You order Scylla to use more peck attacks on the Exeggcute and she dives in having found her rhythm. With several super effective blows, the Exeggcute is... scrambled for lack of a better term. It's uproar continues though, lashing Scylla with another glancing blow but it seems to be weakened with more of the eggs defeated. With one last flying attack, Scylla pecks out the last egg leaving it rolled over with X's in its eyes. The Shell Grunt turns back around and seems to just now notice that he had lost the battle that he was so excited to have. "Oh. Already? That's a shame. Alright I guess a deal's a deal you're free to-" He is stopped mid-sentence by a loud THUNK as a branch is dropped on his head before he collapses unconscious next to his exeggcute. You look up and remind yourself that you and him were both standing in the middle of the clearing, there was no place for the branch to fall from. Pondering this you go to retrieve the gun before the man wakes up and thinks to use it. As you reach for it you see that is absolutely covered in dirt and rust, dangerously so. Even someone without formal gun training could tell that if someone attempted to fire it, it would likely explode in their hand. As you examine the weapon the shadows under the branch spread out and Scylla hides behind you as the shadows take form into a small specter form with a wooden head. Your pokedex would easily identify this pokemon as a phantump. It looks at you curiously. What do you do?

Scylla gains 3 levels.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:03 PM   #621
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You give your second set of orders to your Pokemon, as the two of them acknowledge your words. Alucard flies in at the pesky Noibat before biting his teeth into the Dragon type's flesh. Although Noibat is not very tasty, Alucard still does what he is told. The Noibat tries to knock off the blue bat with a powerful Gust, but he manages to stick onto it like glue.

Meanwhile Geddy notices the two bats flying about electrifies his own body then charges straight into the duo with his Spark. He manages to shake off the confusion as he flies. At the same time Alucard finally lets go of the Noibat who does a particularly loud Screech at Alucard hurting his ears, but this action causes it to not notice Geddy's attack connecting with it. The attack manages to paralyze the Noibat, it tries to fly down onto the ledge where it could continue its barrage, but not before Alucard attacks it with his wings. The blow causes the Noibat to miss its landing, instead slamming into the cliff side instead. It falls, unconscious, hopefully not to its death. Not much could be done about it.

The second Noibat, however, swoops down and catches it with its talons pulling it back to its nesting grounds behind the fan. Then it flies over to you key in mouth. Unlike the first Noibat this one is not as characteristically unfriendly. It spits out the key and flies over to the hallway with the locked door, then you see a flash of blue light, as a pink blob sits in front of the door. "Ditto!" it cries out before it slips underneath the doorway, possibly awaiting you on the other side.

If you open the door, you find yourself with more confetti and more vacuuming. Dr. Johnson's voice over the loudspeaker goes "Congratulations test subject. You have demonstrated bravery and slash or intelligence of the highest calliber and should be rewarded as such. At least I assume so, that or you stole it from another Pokemon but that also qualifies for intelligence, so well done!"

The Ditto leads you down a string of hallways before coming across a second branch in the hallway. The one of the right is another locked door and the one on the left says "Strength test".

The Ditto slips under the doorway once again, but your key does not fit this particular doorway. It seems you need to find another. The second room appears to be a relatively simple test, at least. It is a simple hallway with a single cube, appearing to be made of iron or steel. Attempts to lift it is very difficult, both Alucard and Geddy are unable to do so with their combined strengths, let alone by themselves. This would be simple, but down the hallway you can see what appears to be electrical sparks and flamethrowers that spit out every other interval. Finally, on the otherside appears to be a large red button with a sign above it that says "Key dispenser". What will you do?

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
Old 08-30-2018, 02:22 AM   #622
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You give your second set of orders to your Pokemon, as the two of them acknowledge your words. Alucard flies in at the pesky Noibat before biting his teeth into the Dragon type's flesh. Although Noibat is not very tasty, Alucard still does what he is told. The Noibat tries to knock off the blue bat with a powerful Gust, but he manages to stick onto it like glue.

Meanwhile Geddy notices the two bats flying about electrifies his own body then charges straight into the duo with his Spark. He manages to shake off the confusion as he flies. At the same time Alucard finally lets go of the Noibat who does a particularly loud Screech at Alucard hurting his ears, but this action causes it to not notice Geddy's attack connecting with it. The attack manages to paralyze the Noibat, it tries to fly down onto the ledge where it could continue its barrage, but not before Alucard attacks it with his wings. The blow causes the Noibat to miss its landing, instead slamming into the cliff side instead. It falls, unconscious, hopefully not to its death. Not much could be done about it.

The second Noibat, however, swoops down and catches it with its talons pulling it back to its nesting grounds behind the fan. Then it flies over to you key in mouth. Unlike the first Noibat this one is not as characteristically unfriendly. It spits out the key and flies over to the hallway with the locked door, then you see a flash of blue light, as a pink blob sits in front of the door. "Ditto!" it cries out before it slips underneath the doorway, possibly awaiting you on the other side.

If you open the door, you find yourself with more confetti and more vacuuming. Dr. Johnson's voice over the loudspeaker goes "Congratulations test subject. You have demonstrated bravery and slash or intelligence of the highest calliber and should be rewarded as such. At least I assume so, that or you stole it from another Pokemon but that also qualifies for intelligence, so well done!"

The Ditto leads you down a string of hallways before coming across a second branch in the hallway. The one of the right is another locked door and the one on the left says "Strength test".

The Ditto slips under the doorway once again, but your key does not fit this particular doorway. It seems you need to find another. The second room appears to be a relatively simple test, at least. It is a simple hallway with a single cube, appearing to be made of iron or steel. Attempts to lift it is very difficult, both Alucard and Geddy are unable to do so with their combined strengths, let alone by themselves. This would be simple, but down the hallway you can see what appears to be electrical sparks and flamethrowers that spit out every other interval. Finally, on the otherside appears to be a large red button with a sign above it that says "Key dispenser". What will you do?
Big watches as the aerial battle continues with Alucard latching down on the Noibat with a bite. "Eh, ish no' th' besh I tashted." The zubat shrugs muffled with his wings as the opposing bat tries to buffet Alucard away with a gust to no avail. Geddy finally manages to shake off the confusion in order to charge towards them. "Oot of the way!" He calls out to Alucard, who replies with: "Di' you rea'y ju' shay oo'?" and a laugh. But he releases his hold on the noibat to let Geddy crash his spark attack into it though has his ears rung with a screech in response. The electricity lingers as well causing it to paralyze the dragon somewhat giving Alucard the opportunity to finish it off with a wing attack sending it down the chasm. "Alucard!" Big chides a little bit. "What? It attacked us! Besides, the other one is saving it." And as he says this the other Noibat drops the original attacker back off at its nest before flying up and spitting out the key for Big. "Umm... Thanks?" He picks up the key and watches it goes over to the door before transforming back into its original form, a ditto! Big's eyes widen but he grins with a look to Geddy and Alucard. He quickly follows it and is interrupted by the always amusing Dr. Johnson as he follows the ditto down a couple more hallways. By the time the man stops talking they come on another door and before Big can get a decent word out to the Ditto it had already slipped under another door but this one needed another key. Luckily there was another puzzle nearby, one Big easily identified as a push block puzzle from his experience in playing video games. The problem is that Geddy and Alucard seemed to be unable to move it, not to mention the hazards of fire and electricity shooting along the path. "Why don't you two take a break." He says recalling the two lightweight pokemon before considering his options. He finally decides and calls out his reliable starter Hotstuff the Charmeleon. "Alright buddy. You are the only one who might have the physical strength to push this block right now." The Charmeleon nods. "The fire and electricity are gonna be a bit of a problem though," The Charmeleon replies. "That's why I was thinking that instead of just using Strength to push it you could combine it with seismic toss to throw it across rather than going yourself." The charmeleon nods and cracks his claw knuckles. "I'll give it a shot Boss."

Old 09-02-2018, 03:47 PM   #623
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You recall both of your fliers to send out your much more muscular Charmeleon to try to move the steel container with his brute strength alone, the Fire type strains to barely lift it, his seismic toss throws is a couple of feet, nowhere near long enough to get it past the traps let alone the button. Instead, it seems like Hotstuff needs some help to progress very far, but thankfully, Hotstuff being a Fire type is able to push the block solo through the first barrier, the barrier of fire, without needing to worry about the timing. Anyone else, including you, without some sort of heat resistant suit, will have to wait between each flamethrower spread.

It singes the Charmeleon, but that does not stop him in the slightest, though the steel block also seems to have absorbed some of the heat, so any assistance you may give him through the second barrier, the barrier of electricity will have to hold off until the block cools down. Judging by the way Hotstuff's Seismic Toss works, he can throw it partially through, but nowhere near enough to give himself enough room to get into position to continue pushing it. The smooth surface will also make it hard for him to pick it up to reposition it without first pushing it back into the dangerous electrical field. Luckily timing both the fire and the electricity is easy enough, it seems even Team Rocket isn't so sadistic as to give pokemon only a one second window between intervals. It seems that your choice is either stop the electricity flow from being able to connect with your starter, or somehow increase his throwing capability, or something.

What Will you do?

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
Old 09-02-2018, 05:28 PM   #624
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You recall both of your fliers to send out your much more muscular Charmeleon to try to move the steel container with his brute strength alone, the Fire type strains to barely lift it, his seismic toss throws is a couple of feet, nowhere near long enough to get it past the traps let alone the button. Instead, it seems like Hotstuff needs some help to progress very far, but thankfully, Hotstuff being a Fire type is able to push the block solo through the first barrier, the barrier of fire, without needing to worry about the timing. Anyone else, including you, without some sort of heat resistant suit, will have to wait between each flamethrower spread.

It singes the Charmeleon, but that does not stop him in the slightest, though the steel block also seems to have absorbed some of the heat, so any assistance you may give him through the second barrier, the barrier of electricity will have to hold off until the block cools down. Judging by the way Hotstuff's Seismic Toss works, he can throw it partially through, but nowhere near enough to give himself enough room to get into position to continue pushing it. The smooth surface will also make it hard for him to pick it up to reposition it without first pushing it back into the dangerous electrical field. Luckily timing both the fire and the electricity is easy enough, it seems even Team Rocket isn't so sadistic as to give pokemon only a one second window between intervals. It seems that your choice is either stop the electricity flow from being able to connect with your starter, or somehow increase his throwing capability, or something.

What Will you do?

Big instinctively winces at loud clang that rings out when Hotstuff tosses the metal box an unfortunately short distance. He rubs his head nursing a newly formed headache from the noise. "Well, that didn't quite work." He mutters frustratedly as Hotsuff finishes pushing the box through the fire (and the flames). Big sighs and thinks out loud for a minute. "Hotstuff can't just brute force it through that electricity without getting seriously hurt. And Geddy and Elsa are too small to push it on their own even though they would resist the electricity. Vegeta can't make it through the flames on his own and Alucard can't help at all." He taps his chin. Hotstuff speaks up. "I might be able to time it to push through but I'm not sure!" He calls over the flames. "Hmm, we need something with better odds than that." He looks over the holes producing the electricity that is the problem. His eyes then go wide as he remembers an old pokemon league battle he watched when he was younger, giving him an idea. "Alright I've got an idea, Hotstuff, get ready to head straight down the middle. Metal Claw to grip it and Strength to push." He locks eyes with the Charmeleon through the flames and they nod in sync. He then reaches for Geddy's Ultra Ball and the 6th and last ball on his belt. "Come on out Geddy and Tex!" The Tynamo reappears still looking a little winded and on the ground alongside him is the small Grubbin who greets the world with her trademarked eyeroll. "Ok you two, this is just anime enough to work. I need you both to use thunderbolt to try and block and match the electricity when it comes out of the walls to protect Hotstuff." The two smaller pokemon nod and begin charging up their electricity. "Ok Hotstuff, on my mark!" He waits until the exact moment the electricity dies down and shouts: "NOW!"

Old 09-02-2018, 08:36 PM   #625
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You send out Hotstuff for one quick burst past the second and final gate. The gate of electricity opens up, giving the Charmeleon the edge he needs to get through, digging into the metal cube with his reinforced Metal Claws, he uses what Strength he can muster to quickly cross over the barrier, but as was predicted, the Charmeleon just does not have enough speed. Luckily to compensate for that you had both Geddy and Tex at the ready. The Electric and Bug-typed, respectively Pokemon unleash their thunderbolts to disrupt the electricity inside the holes.

Hotstuff manages to get across, but not before a small spark blasts his on the tail. It was not the full brunt, so he will survive easily. Using the adreneline, he quickly pushes the box onto the button. More confetti falls down on top of the Charmeleon, giving the Fire-type a sense of accomplishment and self-worth, as is the proper response to any test subject. He is rewarded with a silver key, a step up from the brass key you obtained earlier.

"Congratulations, test subject on knowing the proper moves to get through this test...or to be smart enough to be born as a Water and Ground type, I dunno, our scientists will forever love your contributions to science. Not as much as the guys that didn't make it, obviously, as failure is what brings science forward. Anyways, enough about you, let's get you on to the next test, shall we?"

The two gates both shutdown, letting all three of your Pokemon and you an easy pass back to the initial doorway. The doorway opens up and you find the Ditto looking at you with impatient eyes...but behind it is a different scene altogether. Now, the areas you have been to before were not exactly clean, but this place was a wreck. Before this, even though Dr. Johnson mentioned scientists, there had been no hide nor hair of any other people. Well, you found them. Lying in a giant room filled with catwalks that had long since collapsed onto the ground, you see several bodies, skeletons, in fact, judging by the scorch marks around them, it's possible that a fire type attack did them in. In this state of decay it is hard to tell exactly what happened, however. All of them were wearing the signature Team Rocket uniform, however. It is easy to tell that this was not always one large room but rather something destroyed the walls between them, something powerful.

The Ditto goes around the bodies and goes through a large hole in a wall. On the other side is a hallway. The Ditto goes under a door that says "Dr. Johnson, CEO Office". The door itself is locked, but unlike before, this one was not reinforced and is easily taken down. On the other side, you find the mummified remains of a man in a business suit, all of the liquid drained out of him, leaving his body preserved, unrotted. The Ditto points to a button.

What Will you do?

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records