UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 02-25-2016, 10:53 AM   #101
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I'm not really sure what to make of these at this point. I don't think there is any conclusions I could draw. These could be placeholders for X2 and Y2 (I find it unlikely that we aren't going to get a continuation of X/Y. This would be the first generation in which we didn't). These could Gen VII. These could mean nothing, and are there to merely throw us off. These could be completely fake. At this point, there are numerous conclusions one could make from this and I'm not going to devote myself to one or more of them. Mostly not to get my hopes up.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:04 AM   #102
takkupanda
Charismagnetism

Send a message via Skype™ to takkupanda
The Pokemon Direct tomorrow should clear things up.

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List
takkupanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:04 AM   #103
Emi

Mmm, I'm really looking forward to that.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:34 AM   #104
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Yeah I hope we get things cleared up. Kalos had a lot of potential but XY itself feels a lot like how DP was. A bit rushed and wanting more to explore it. I've been hearing rumors of a gen 6.5. Maybe these are that?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:38 AM   #105
deoxys
Fog Badge

Well given they were officially filed for trademarks, I'm willing to say these aren't "fake"... However TPC and Nintendo have done this in the past with Pokemon Brown, etc

My wild guess... These games will be to XY what Gold and Silver is to Red and Blue.

Or they are going to be full on Kanto reboots to celebrate 20 years (not remakes).
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:20 PM   #106
takkupanda
Charismagnetism

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
My wild guess... These games will be to XY what Gold and Silver is to Red and Blue.
I would LOVE that! Having an entire extra region to play after credits (and not just a large post-game exclusive map like BW had) was imo the best thing about Gold and Silver!

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List
Old 02-25-2016, 01:07 PM   #107
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Yeah, I wish they'd do that. tbh, originally I thought that instead of re-releasing the originals on eshop, Kanto would have been the Z postgame.

But anyway. If Moon and Sun are actual games for gen 7 (let's be honest, they're almost definitely not gen 6), where could they go for a postgame region? Sinnoh's due a remake soon...
Old 02-25-2016, 01:37 PM   #108
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If Sun and Moon have 2 regions in them and the first one isn't Kalos, then the second is guaranteed to be -- along with the first region being Kalos's rival in the war 3,000 years ago. (So probably either PokéEngland or PokéGermany.)
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:51 PM   #109
deoxys
Fog Badge

Let's not forget this, and the Strange Souvenir.

Spoiler: show

(that's what she said)
Old 02-25-2016, 02:42 PM   #110
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Wasn't that guy proved to be from Orre? idr. but yeah, if there's multiple regions, I could see a possible Kalos-Orre game. Or Kalos-Sinnoh. I highly doubt they will create a brand new region for the postgame of a sequel game.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:04 PM   #111
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
I highly doubt they will create a brand new region for the postgame of a sequel game.
That's fine. The new region wouldn't be for the postgame. It would be for the first half of the game. Just like Gold and Silver. The return to Kalos would happen in the second half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
I could see a possible Kalos-Orre game. Or Kalos-Sinnoh.
Orre is a one-off that they're unlikely to bring back, let alone shoehorn in as the sister region of a previously-established main series region. (Which is to say, if Orre is ever coming back, it's coming back as the star of its own generation.)

Kalos-Sinnoh makes absolutely no sense. To be fair to you, neither does Kalos-Hoenn. But the fact that we already have PokéFrance arbitrarily linked to a sister region in PokéJapan is all the more reason we shouldn't expect it to now be linked to PokéHokkaido. Doesn't make sense for PokéFrance to have two sister regions in Japan, each independent of one another in their relation to PokéFrance.

Kalos's sister region is already spoken for: it's going to be the region that was spoken of in the war 3,000 years ago. It's been established per the narrative iirc that that region was a(n immediate) neighbor. And we also know that the games have been further and further linked to real-life history, geography, and culture with each passing generation. Put these two together and it's all but guaranteed that Kalos's sister region is European. Which European country, that's up for Game Freak to decide. France has sisterhood with Spain (as former Roman colonial states), it has sisterhood with Germany (as heirs of Charlemagne), and it has sisterhood with England (as "heirs" of William the Conqueror). She also enjoys a father-daughter relationship with Rome, and by proxy of Rome we can say that France and Italy are related historically. (Not so much in practice, but ...) Any of these four are good candidates, but the best bets are the two with whom France has waged numerous lengthy wars: England and Germany.

Could Kalos's sister region be somewhere that's IRL in South America or Southeast Asia? Sure, why not. We've already got ninjas in France (the anime does, anyway). Why not go ahead and make France and a country that's home to tiki idols be next-door neighbors? But I really doubt that's gonna happen. If Sun and Moon are going to take us to (say) Brazil or Mexico, then I don't expect them to tie back in to Kalos much at all.

Who knows, though ... Masuda did say he wants to surprise us ...
Old 02-26-2016, 01:24 AM   #112
satosere
Cascade Badge

I'm quite in the mood for a new region. I mean Kalos is awesome but I just wonder what it'll be like with a whole new one. So excited for Pokemon Sun and Moon!
satosere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:30 AM   #113
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
I wouldn't be apposed to a new region myself, although Kalos had some cool areas in it I didn't really find it to be the most interesting overall, but I suppose that could be fixed with a sort of BW2 style map expantion and a little time jump to excuse some changes here and there.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:39 AM   #114
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I find myself somewhat baffled by the fact that my silly WILD BASELESS SPECULATION! thread that predated Gen6 and has become a somewhat more official BASELESS SPECULATION thread with Gen7 actually on the horizon.

Three years flies by.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #115
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Kalos's sister region is already spoken for: it's going to be the region that was spoken of in the war 3,000 years ago. It's been established per the narrative iirc that that region was a(n immediate) neighbor. And we also know that the games have been further and further linked to real-life history, geography, and culture with each passing generation. Put these two together and it's all but guaranteed that Kalos's sister region is European. Which European country, that's up for Game Freak to decide. France has sisterhood with Spain (as former Roman colonial states), it has sisterhood with Germany (as heirs of Charlemagne), and it has sisterhood with England (as "heirs" of William the Conqueror). She also enjoys a father-daughter relationship with Rome, and by proxy of Rome we can say that France and Italy are related historically. (Not so much in practice, but ...) Any of these four are good candidates, but the best bets are the two with whom France has waged numerous lengthy wars: England and Germany.
Just to be different, I'm going to predict the game takes place in North Africa, with the second half of the game having you cross the Mediterranean to get to France. France did have some colonies in Africa, and the Sun and Moon could refer to the sharp contrast between a desert in the daytime and a desert at night. *shrug*
Old 02-26-2016, 10:14 AM   #116
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Just to be different, I'm going to predict the game takes place in North Africa, with the second half of the game having you cross the Mediterranean to get to France. France did have some colonies in Africa, and the Sun and Moon could refer to the sharp contrast between a desert in the daytime and a desert at night. *shrug*
I love it. Not so crazy about making PokéAlgeria the rival nation in the war with Kalos (especially since the scars of French colonialism are still fresh ), but absolutely loving the ideas of a) visiting PokéAlgeria >w< , b) having the rival still be relatively local (across the Mediterranean) but having a vastly different culture from Kalos's, and c) reviving our chances of seeing PokéCorsica. >w<

One thing I hadn't considered, but it's kind of an odd match-up with France, is ... they could go for the whole Punic Wars route. :o Have 3,000-years-ago-France representing the Roman side of the equation, and have PokéAlgeria (plus Tunisia) representing the Carthaginian side of things. So AZ basically becomes a heavily modified Scipio Africanus or some such while his foil in the new games becomes PokéHannibal. Pretty baller!

We'll have to see. Before I was able to hit Submit Reply for this post, the stream began. And we now have a few screens of the new games' footage. There's one picture of an all-terrain vehicle that looks like it'd be right at home in either a jungle or in the desert. There's another picture of a spa or resort, though, that looks quite European in architectural style. And in another shot we can see a second building with red roofing that also looks characteristically European. Soo ... it could be a European colony we're about to visit, especially since England and Germany ain't exactly known for palm trees , but it could also be just straight up Europe again. Hard to say.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:48 AM   #117
Emi

I was wondering if the "3,000 year old region" was going to be something more like Poke!Rome honestly. But that's probably me just being silly.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:25 AM   #118
satosere
Cascade Badge

I hope the new region is based off a foreign country again. I think it's so cool how they based Kalos on France. Yet, I played Y not knowing this untill my cousin told me. Basically because I told him I had a crush on Calem and so he was his normal self and started talking non-stop about Kalos. I have trained him well. lol

Sometimes I find myself babbling on about things that are not at all of importance. :/
Old 02-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #119
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

idk about Pokemon!Rome. Pokemon!Britain or Pokemon!Germany are more likely, because they're the main regions France fought. Although Pokemon!Spain might be cool.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:32 PM   #120
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I bet Sun and Moon will go the route of Fire Emblem Fates and do different routes each version.

Moon will of course take place on the moon, and Sun will be an instant game over screen.

You're welcome!
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:36 PM   #121
deoxys
Fog Badge

The resemblance is uncanny.

That's the Raffles Hotel in Singapore. Just thought I'd share...

Reaching a bit more here... but...

Quote:
“And last but not least, can you just throw a cryptic word out there? Just anything. Something will get me to scratch my head. That, like, in eight months I’ll go, ‘That’s what he was talking about!’”

After a pause, Smith’s response was “Flowers.”

I propose we may actually be headed to Singapore next, ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited by deoxys; 02-26-2016 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:39 PM   #122
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

There will in fact be a total of 9 games in Gen 7. Pokemon Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune will be announced later. At the end of each game, you will fight Neil deGrasse Tyson. Each player who defeats him will automatically sign a petition to reinstate Pluto as a planet once again. Should the campaign succeed, Nintendo will then release Pokemon Pluto.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:54 PM   #123
Heather
Naga's Voice

Take another look at that hotel! The far right of it. Past the Horsea. I don't know about you, but I don't know if many water types currently existing that would have that as part of a silhouette. This is Gen 7 and I'd bet that's part of a new Pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:14 PM   #124
takkupanda
Charismagnetism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles Fowl II View Post
Take another look at that hotel! The far right of it. Past the Horsea. I don't know about you, but I don't know if many water types currently existing that would have that as part of a silhouette. This is Gen 7 and I'd bet that's part of a new Pokemon.
You mean the one hidden behind the tree? Krabby?

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List
Old 02-26-2016, 05:27 PM   #125
deoxys
Fog Badge

Yeah I was thinking Krabby.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON