UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #301
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
SOMEBODY IN LEAGUE CHAT
ADD ME TO LEAGUE CHAT

Also I've been trying Gnar and aside for forgetting that my stun is on W not E I'm alrightishkinda with him.
One question tho
WHAT DO YOU BUILD ON HIM I MEAN REALLY
Do you rush botrk? Triforce? Go Tanky? What do?

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #302
Red Panda
head head bitch

I've been paying attention to what Gnar players build in games I'm in and they usually only build one or two tanky items because at Level 18 Mega Gnar gets fantastic armor and MR already. The tanky items usually built are Randuin's, Banshee's Veil, Sunfire Cape, etc.

As for other items, I've seen Botrk and Triforce quite a bit, along with Youmuu's Ghostblade and Last Whisper.

Oh and I usually see Merc Treads or Ninja Tabi as boots. I've only seen Berserkers a few times.

EDIT: Also Quinn has officially been added to my want list.
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:15 PM   #303
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Hmm, so TriForce, Botrk then some tanky things?
Basically like most bruisers then lol.

Quote:
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 08-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #304
Toyo
hail

I've seen some players do straight tank and it works pretty well. Gnar's base damage is kinda absurd with Mini Gnar's Hyper and the AD he gets from his passive in Mega is enough to give him a good amount of burst.
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #305
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Chain Vest will invalidate most of his damage. Randuin's is particularly mean.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:50 AM   #306
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Thing is with Gnar, the only benefit he gets from BOTRK is the attack speed in his mini form. In his mega form, you don't really get much use out of it, so I personally think its better to go Trinity force into items like Sunfire Cape and Spirit Visage, maybe a black cleaver if you get ahead early enough for it to be efficient to get one.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #307
Red Panda
head head bitch

Two pictures I saw today...

In regards to Guardians of the Galaxy...

All you need to know about the free champs this week. (Here it is btw)

One more!

Last edited by Red Panda; 08-26-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #308
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
I am surprised by the lack of talk about Azir. Let's talk about all of these Shurima changes, shall we?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #309
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Azir is cool, OP as shit atm. Big damage on his Q, and wall basically makes him unkillable without the waste of a flash.

In other news, groups for worlds were drawn today. Analysis inside the spoiler box.

Group A: Dark Passage (Turkey), AhQ (South East Asia), Samsung Galaxy White (Korea), Edward Gaming (China)

So immediately looking at this group, its pretty obvious who is going through to the bracket stage. Samsung White are arguably the second best team in the world right now to their sister team, and i've heard a lot of people say that SGW have a better chance to perform at worlds than Blue do. Then there's EDG, who have been the top team in Korea for the whole year. I've not seen them play much, but I know that their ADC 'Namei' is widely reknowned as the best ADC in China, and some people even go so far as to say he's the best ADC in the world. As much as I'd love to see Dark Passage go far for shits and giggles, they lose frequently D1 european teams on a regular basis. Ahq will have more of a chance than DP do, however I still don't think they have a chance of matching up to the likes of EDG and SGW.

Group B: SK Gaming (Europe), Star Horn Royal Club (China), Taipei Assassins (Taiwan), Team SoloMid (North America)

This group is a lot more interesting. Most peoples favourites for this group would be SHRC and TSM, however I'm not so sure about that second place team. SHRC were the runners up at the world championship last year, and whilst the team has changed a lot, it has arguably only changed for the better. Bringing in the legendary Korean jungler 'Insec' and another strong Korean player 'Zero' was a strong move for them, but they fell short to EDG in the regional finals, as opposed to their first place finish last year. There isn't a league of legends player that hasn't heard of TSM, their fanbase running throughout the entireity of the game. However, maybe this is why people think that TSM will make it to the bracket stage. Personally, I think SK Gaming have a better shot of making it to the bracket stage than TSM do. SK Gaming are master strategists, and what they lack in individual skill shines through when it comes to their rotations and teamfighting. I think as long as TSM don't get too much of a lane advantage, SK will dominate TSM in dragon fights and map control. TPA are a tricky team to predict. Sure they were the season 2 world champions, but the roster is different, and we've seen that they can't quite hold up against the international teams just yet from the Allstars tournament. I think they have potential to cause some upsets however; whilst Chinese teams are unstoppable once they get ahead, they have moments where they make bad plays for no reason, and if any team can capitalise on that then they can potentially send them on tilt.

I think my final prediction for this group would be SHRC and SK, but this group will definitely be interesting.

Group C: LMQ (North America), OMG (China), Fnatic (Europe), Samsung Galaxy Blue (Korea)

AKA the GROUP OF DEATH

Technically there are two Chinese teams in this group in LMQ, and a match between OMG and LMQ will be fun to watch. OMG obviously have the advantage when it comes to sheer skill, but LMQ are a strong team nonetheless. OMG only managed to finish in third place this year despite being one of the strongest teams in China for the whole year, so we'll have to see if they're on form for the group stage. Then we have Samsung Blue, the number 1 seed from Korea and arguably the strongest team in the world. I think they're a guarantee'd seed into the bracket stages, but this group is incredibly tough for all teams. Fnatic is the team where I can't call it. They're a team that has moments where they don't play well at all, but when they play at their best, they're unstoppable. They always seem to shine in matched that really matter, and all of these matches are REALLY going to matter since they have such strong competition. They managed to knock Samsung White (Ozone back then) out of group stages in the last world championship, where Fnatic pretty much dominated their group. They're also my personal favourite for this particular group, so I'm putting all my faith into them atleast taking second in the group.

SGB are a guarantee'd spot into the bracket, and the second place comes down to either OMG or Fnatic. I think if Fnatic play how they did last year at worlds, they'll beat them. As much as I respect LMQ for being an incredibly friendly and fun, yet strong team, I think they'll take the fourth place spot in the group.

Group D: Kabum! eSports (Brazil HUEHUEHUE), Cloud 9 (North America), Najin White Shield (Korea), Alliance (Europe)

GOOOOOOOOO ALLIANCE

This is pretty much a group of 3. As much as teams shouldn't be underestimated, I don't think Kabum are making it to Brackets. They have too many flaws, and their skill is not quite on the level of the rest of the group. The other 3 teams however, are really hard to call. Cloud 9 are a solid team and have been for the last 2 years, but they're facing serious competition in Najin Shield and Alliance. Najin Shield were pretty shaky in the season, but they managed to rack up enough Circuit points to be put into the Regional finals. They went 9-1 in the series, 3-1'ing the World Championship titleholders, SKT T1 K. They looked really strong, but there's no way of telling just how strong they'll be in the group. Alliance is probably the favourite for the group, as they're widely regarded as 'the only hope for the west', which I think is a very true statement. Cloud 9 are a strong team sure, but they're a bit like SK Gaming, where they don't really have a star player that stands out above the rest. Alliance have everything that Cloud 9 and SK Gaming do in terms of game smarts, but they also have Froggen. Froggen is widely regarded as the best player in the west, and the strongest midlaner at the world championships (unfortunately the Froggen vs Faker hype isn't a reality anymore). Their jungler Shook played exceptionally well in the EUW regional finals against Fnatic as well, and he's also a player to look out for.

As much as this might seem like a personal vote, I really do think Alliance will top this group. They're the strongest team in the west and probably the only hope of getting a top spot. As for second place, its a tough choice between Cloud 9 and NJWS; Cloud 9 are a very solid team that don't often make mistakes, but Shield are Koreans and Korea is the strongest region. I'd only want to see Cloud 9 win if they match up against Fnatic in the Bracket; I'd love to see that international rivalry matchup between the two again. However, I think i'll give the second place spot to Shield. They have experience, and they're a very strong team. Sorry C9.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #310
deoxys
Fog Badge

So Azir came out, and it was only two hours before they disabled him due to a bug. Turns out the bug in question was, when he used his ult at a turret that was in the middle of attacking, it would push the AI out of the turret and break it for the rest if the game. Holy cow!

In the mean time, people have been coming forward with even more bugs they have found, and a lot of PBE players are saying "yeah, those bugs were all in the beta...", so a lot of players are pissed that Riot released Azir... when he is pretty clearly still all kinds of broken. One person even said they casted his turret into a random bush!

Why would Riot release such a buggy champ? I know it's been a week since the patch, but if he has all of these issues, surely they must have known some of them were s problem, right...?

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:04 PM   #311
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Shiruma event.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:04 AM   #312
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Words Championships are on guys
Old 09-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #313
Lil'twick
Insanity

WORLDS.

Royal Club just won against TPA.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 09-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #314
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Methinks I should actually watch some of the games at some point.
...I mean try to watch them.
...I mean watch the first minute, get bored/confused and go do something else.

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 09-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #315
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
WORLDS.

Royal Club just won against TPA.
Oi, no spoilers...

TPA should've won that game though. I wanted them to. They were just too safe when it came to getting their lead.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #316
Lil'twick
Insanity

*SHakes fist*

Yeah, they were really safe. SHR had the better late game comp as well, so if TPA capitalized on their league more they could have easily won.

HOLY SHIT THAT EARLY ACE FROM SSW

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 09-18-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:39 AM   #317
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Mata is a god.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #318
Lil'twick
Insanity

Yeah I knew SS white would have won. That early ace told me all

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 09-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #319
Red Panda
head head bitch

TSM got rekt.

Hard.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #320
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

SHR vs TSM

Not sure what TSM are doing. Giving up the early game to a Chinese team is not a smart thing. Bjergsen pretty much farmed up til level 11, hasn't made any moves anywhere else. Sure Royal played really well, but TSM pretty much handed it over to them.

FreeSM! FreeSM! FreeSM!
Old 09-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #321
Red Panda
head head bitch

SHR VS TSM

Yeah they kinda let Tristana do her thing and get items and by that point it was just gg. And apparently they've never faced a competent Rengar before (or at least that's what I heard in post-game commentary)

Also Zilean was amazing.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #322
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Ah, we were all hoping that the NA's total lack of Rengar was due to NA being really good at beating Rengar. It's a shame to hear that's not the case.

Just had a Garen in ranked throw the match because he felt that our ADC did not deserve to win. #basedsilvers
Old 09-19-2014, 04:52 AM   #323
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

SK SK SK SK SK

PLS

WOW SK

They should've won. I was screaming at my screen so much for SK to just go in and fight them whilst TPA were pushing the turrets, they would've won if they played it correctly. Instead they just sat behind the turrets and gave up kills and turrets. Sk are better than this and i'm so disappointed to see them play like this. I know they're got a sub but... they shouldn't be playing like this.

Either way I want TPA to come out over TSM cause TSM's management are absolute cunts.

Last edited by Midgeorge; 09-19-2014 at 05:16 AM.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:24 AM   #324
Lil'twick
Insanity

Imp scoring that Penta against DP. First Penta of worlds....

SSW gonna win based on this point, but we need to see groups 3&4

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 09-20-2014, 05:14 AM   #325
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Svenskerens back <3 maybe SK can finally pull it out.

Yep, SK are definitely playing like normal again, looking much better than before. Still not quite on the level of Royal Club, I don't think they'll win, but they're definitely so much better with Sven.

Last edited by Midgeorge; 09-20-2014 at 05:39 AM.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games