UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 02-21-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
Patches
Shake it!

My dream last night..

Originally, I wasn't going to post about it but I decided why not.

So it all started with me standing outside of an extremely tall office building with big bold letters above glass sliding doors saying "UPNETWORK". So of course, I went inside and there was a map of the place and each floor was the equivalent to the front page of UPN, the top floor being The Misc and the bottom floor being Clubs. So I climbed this staircase that went straight up the middle of the building to the top floor (The Misc obviously) and when I got there it was full of every single UPN member that my sleeping brain could possibly think of from the day I first joined about 6 years ago to now even if they aren't around anymore. Each and every member was wearing a name tag with their user name on it and once I realized this I looked down and I somehow had a name tag with my user name on it too.

So for a while I just stood there examining the place and observing what everyone was doing and I noticed that the walls had computer screens on them with titles above. So I went over to one and realized that the titles were the equivalent to threads. Instead of posting your reply in a typed form you had to record your voice and instead of reading posts you had to listen. Another thing I noticed is that no one was really talking to each other, everyone would either walk by ignoring others existence or they would just say a quick hi. So I decided I was going to ask someone (I believe it was Jerichi for whatever reason xD) why no one was talking to each other and when I went to speak nothing but a simple "Hello." came out of my mouth. All I got was a frightened look in return like I was some terrorist. Right afterward, I noticed a bunch of people with random user names that I know my mind just made up with duct tape over their mouths and red X's over their names, I knew that it stood for banned.

Basically, right after that I woke up. It was just the weirdest dream ever. The whole entire thing was just completely awkward. xP
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

IM IN UR DREAMS ACCUSIN U OF TERRORISM

I've been having a lot of weird dreams lately.

One involved lesbians in black dresses.

Another involved a clock reading "119:14".

Another involved Pikmin that rolled up and made a fractal.

It's sort of like an acid trip whenever I fall asleep.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:34 AM   #3
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
One involved lesbians in black dresses.
Jeri is dreaming of lesbians. Our little twelve year old is growing up.
Muyotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:37 AM   #4
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Kecleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post
Jeri is dreaming of lesbians. Our little twelve year old is growing up.
They were fully clothed and chatting happily amongst themsevles.

I have no idea why I identified them as lesbians.

I swore that I saw some of the cast of Sex in the City amongst them. Along with my Literature teacher.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 02-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Magikarp

I sort of had a UPN dream once. It wasn't originally a UPN dream, though; it started out as a recurring dream I have once every few months in which my house gets destroyed by tornadoes.

So in the dream I was sitting around my house playing World of Warcraft (hey, it was a dream after all) when a massive thunderstorm rolled over. I looked out the window and sure enough, there were the tornadoes from my dreams. You'd think that after having this dream so many times I'd eventually realize when I'm in it, but no, I kept on thinking it was all real.

Now some time earlier that year, there had been a UPN thread where a few of us mentioned how we dream about tornadoes. So as I was bracing myself for the incoming explosions/destruction/plague of locusts, all I could think was "man... as soon as this is over I have to find that old UPN thread and tell everyone that I finally saw a REAL tornado instead of just a dream one!"

And then I woke up.

And I was sad that I didn't have a tornado story for UPN anymore.

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

But now you do have a tornado story for UPN, and all was well.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:32 PM   #7
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

A few nights ago, I dreamed that part of my retainer melted.

Yep, exciting dreams I've been having...
Old 02-22-2009, 12:18 AM   #8
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Espeon

I have the weirdest dreams out of anyone I've ever had weird-dream conversations with. Like a couple of weeks ago, I had a dream where a guy dressed as Santa was a serial killer except he only killed 12 and 13 year olds.

And last night I had a dream where I had to study for a math test but then I had to write a speech for the Pope's funeral.

すれ違うだけの距離が歯痒い 手を伸ばせば届きそうなのに
意味があるのなら教えて欲しい 締め付ける胸の痛みの
「イツダッテ ウソミタイ アイシタテ ノ ユメミライ」

f i z z y b u b b l e s | w i l d f u t u r e

Quote:
morningstar - Today at 12:46 PM
her whole being is Arashi

AshsBabyLapras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:50 AM   #9
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Graveler

>I have the weirdest dreams out of anyone I've ever had weird-dream conversations with. Like a couple of weeks ago, I had a dream where a guy dressed as Santa was a serial killer except he only killed 12 and 13 year olds.

And last night I had a dream where I had to study for a math test but then I had to write a speech for the Pope's funeral.
>I had a dream where a guy dressed as Santa was a serial killer except he only killed 12 and 13 year olds.
>was a serial killer except he only killed 12 and 13 year olds.
>only killed 12 and 13 year olds.

We gotta hide Jeri D:

Anyways, I once had a dream where I was thrown in a volcano by something that resembled Pedo Bear.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:31 PM   #10
Patches
Shake it!

I dream every single night no matter what. I actually don't ever remember there being a night where I didn't dream of something (I know there has to be some I just can't remember). One of my weirder dreams that I remember recently was coming downstairs to deoxys grandparents fighting eachother karate style. I've noticed that my dreams usually takes things that happened the day before and turns them into something completely
weird.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:03 AM   #11
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

My dreams suddenly got a -lot- weirder.

Last night, I had a crazy dream.

The first thing I remember is my dad going to jail for something. It was really weird because the jail was really nice and had this strange elevator. I got on it and suddenly was in a mall. The my mom came up behind me in really weird, 20's-30's-ish clothes and was all dressed up. She brought me out into the mall, and I wandered to a sandwich shop, where I saw one of my friends and his girlfriend. I ordered some sandwich containing lettuce, tomatoes and something else, then started to watch the TV. All I remember is there was some African man running around and doing stuff, and he was running from something. He cut off his left foot and kept going. My friend's girfriend commented on this.

Soon, I was at my school, and I convinced my friend to join marching band. I don't recall much about that.

Here's where it gets even weirder.

Somehow, in all of this, I was back home, watching an episode of House. It seemed fairly normal aside from the lack of a mystery, as it was House trying to undercut one of Wilson's new girlfriends. However, there was no clear medical mystery until, after a convoluted series of events, House convinced Wilson's girlfriend to go back into medicine, the one thing that apparently would get him access to Wilson. It somehow involved a lot of monkeys and lawyers (or maybe monkeys that were lawyers, that wouldn't surprise me).

Anyways, Wilson's girlfriend went back to her hospital (which was now my school), and went into a conference room, picking up a wok (inorite) with a dramatic picture on it, apparently symbolic of her coming back.

However, at this point, she (or someone who looked a lot like her) walked into a room in the hospital where her mother was, and started talking somewhat cryptically. Whatever they were saying didn't make much sense in the context of events, but it didn't matter much as the room suddenly shook, and her mother fell over, bleeding everywhere. She didn't look too great herself. The mother was asking very nicely for the doctors, which was strange as she seemed to be slowly dying. This was the point where I became part of the action.

I went to get a doctor, and followed them back. The girl's chest had burst open, and blood was spraying out, but it seemed to float. From under the mother's gown, the doctor pulled some strange 3-point jelly thing. Apparently, the girl was the breathing and the mom was the brains. They were connected by a thin tube too.

After that, it transitioned to a scene in the hallway where a bunch of my classmates (who had all become nurses/doctors/etc) were leaving the "hospital" (still my school). I had managed to catch up with my band director, now the dean of medicine and asked if if I was "liable" for what I saw. He asked which one, and I said the first. The question made no sense to me, but I kept asking until I got an answer. I think it was no, but he regardless told me to go back to work, and I said I'd loop back around, and he made some joke about it being a highway. During this, I saw a little boy and his mother being wheeled in and feared that this had become some sort of endemic or something.

After that, I was walking down the hall and goofing around with my friends, until my old Art teacher, who had become a pharmacist, called me over and asked me to help dispense vitamins. I complied, not wanting to go back, and helped her arrange the baskets for the patients. For some reason, a bunch of DS games were with the vitamins, so I told a lady to hang onto them for me as they seemed to be mine. Then, I remembered I had to go back to my house to get something.

I was suddenly back at my house and was fiddling with my computer, and then I got some stuff (I think it was my laptop and some clothes, not sure), and before I could go back, my dream ended.

Freudian analysis, anyone?

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 02-27-2009, 09:21 AM   #12
Mozz
Golden Wang of Justice

I think you might be gay.
Mozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #13
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozz View Post
I think you watching house in your dreams confirms this.
Treepandaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #14
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozz View Post
OH GOD REALLY

I NEVER KNEW

MY WHOLE WORLD IS TURNED ON ITS HEAD

I BETTER GO REANALYZE MY LIFE

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 02-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #15
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
I agree with Mozz, every symbol in this dream screams about your subconscious homosexuality.
Weebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #16
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I had a dream that my alarm woke me up last week. Unfortunately it actually didn't happen and I came close to over-sleeping. :O
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #17
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

You think you have weird dreams? I'm blaming this one on ABL, DX.

So yeah, there are a bunch of people from ASB on this plane. I think Reed was driving, or some shit. For some reason or another, we were dressed in bright green camo, with dunce hats and sizeable machine guns. We jumped, and the parachutes magically opened. Ironically, Weeb had a parachute malfunction.

In the distance, we see a fluffy pink building, and upon reaching the welcome mat that reads "Shippers", we immediately hear a roaring sound from above. Reed seemingly crashed the plane into the building, before we started shooting at the random shippers. Guys in sailor outfits never were easier targets.

Oh, and Mozz had a moustache and goatee. And Jeri was yelling, "YES, YOU BITCHES, GO UP IN GLAYMES."
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #18
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

I vote we recompile all of these as "The History of UPN".
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #19
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

I second that vote.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #20
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocharizard55 View Post
You think you have weird dreams? I'm blaming this one on ABL, DX.
Haha I'm contagious. Awesome.
AshsBabyLapras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #21
Patches
Shake it!

Well I am bored and instead of sleeping like I should be doing since I need to get up early I will write about the weird dream I had a few nights ago!

I was standing out on the front lawn in front of my house for some reason, and a girl I used to go to school with landed on the lawn (which is in Kentucky) in a hot air balloon. She got out and casually walked over to me and said "Hey, you forgot this back in New Jersey." and put a whoopie cushion in my hand and began walking back to the balloon. I looked at it and yelled "But, this isn't even mine!" then she quickly ran back to me and examined it and said "Oh crap, that's mine!!" then she snatched it and got back in her balloon and took off. Then I heard deoxys behind me say "What was all of that about?" and when I turned around to respond he had the same hair that she had, so I screamed in my dream and woke up.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:35 AM   #22
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

One of my political science professors died over the summer, but didn't tell anyone. Sometime two years ago, another political science professor died and everyone was mourning and stuff...my particular prof had even written his eulogy for the university obituaries.

But, be it privacy or whatever, my professor simply disappeared and no one's talking about his death...no one has since last year, wasn't even in the papers nor are eulogies being written on "ratemyprofessor". None of the freshman even knew he existed.

Two nights ago, in between nightmares of my upcoming biology exam, I dreamed my professor was still alive, his office had just moved. I was attending his office hours and asking questions.

Quite sad when I woke up and remembered it was a dream. I wanted to believe it so badly. ;_;
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-11-2009, 02:37 AM   #23
Vran
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
One of my political science professors died over the summer, but didn't tell anyone. Sometime two years ago, another political science professor died and everyone was mourning and stuff...my particular prof had even written his eulogy for the university obituaries.

But, be it privacy or whatever, my professor simply disappeared and no one's talking about his death...no one has since last year, wasn't even in the papers nor are eulogies being written on "ratemyprofessor". None of the freshman even knew he existed.

Two nights ago, in between nightmares of my upcoming biology exam, I dreamed my professor was still alive, his office had just moved. I was attending his office hours and asking questions.

Quite sad when I woke up and remembered it was a dream. I wanted to believe it so badly. ;_;
Wow, thanks for sharing. I thought the entire thing was going to turn out to be the nightmare, and was caught off guard by the fact that you were quite genuine in the beginning and that the only fictitious aspect of your experience was dreaming that the deceased professor was still alive. I thought to myself, "How ludicrous! Certainly this must be a dream!" And yet it is reality. Sad. Sobering. Thank you.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #24
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

So I had a weird dream last night. The events themselves weren't weird in the slightest, but it was sort of all over the place. I don't remember it that well right now, but I got a small but important part in a school musical that was being performed in my back yard. I was awesome in the role, and after a rehearsal somebody opened up a big hole in the ground, tied a sturdy rope to the deck, and had us all climb down to this lovely underground flower paradise.

And at the end, I won a Pokemon TCG tournament and I was sitting on a stage and some comedian was a few feet away doing a standup routine.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #25
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori View Post
So I had a weird dream last night. The events themselves weren't weird in the slightest, but it was sort of all over the place. I don't remember it that well right now, but I got a small but important part in a school musical that was being performed in my back yard. I was awesome in the role, and after a rehearsal somebody opened up a big hole in the ground, tied a sturdy rope to the deck, and had us all climb down to this lovely underground flower paradise.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tannh%C3%A4user_(opera)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori View Post
And at the end, I won a Pokemon TCG tournament and I was sitting on a stage and some comedian was a few feet away doing a standup routine.
It was probably Uri Geller.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc