UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 09-02-2013, 07:01 AM   #101
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I was the third wheel in a dreamt-up version of Gigli (a movie I've never seen) where Ben Affleck's character was the head chef and owner of a small Italian restaurant that was struggling because of his terrible attitude towards customers while Jennifer Lopez's character and I were food critic journalists checking the restaurant out. Where I just woke up, Affleck's character had been about to forcibly dump the slop bucket all over me for the simple offense of asking his cashier on the ETA of my dish. (Lopez had already gotten hers and had just left to return to the office. Affleck was clearly smitten and a chauvinist asshole who served the pretty ladies but couldn't give a shit less about anyone else.*) We threatened in unison to call the police, he if I resisted having the slop bucket's contents dumped over me (wtf!? He's a madman!), I if he dared try it. He tried to approach me to strongarm me, so I pulled one of his restaurant's own knives on him. Now he really wanted to beat the ever-loving shit out of me but I brandished the knife and made for the door to escape. As I fled, running backwards, I pulled out my phone and sure enough I called 911. He gives chase like the T-1000 in Terminator 2: Judgment Day but slows down and gives up once I showily pretend to have already connected to the dispatcher and am telling her the location. Truth was that I hadn't connected yet, and that even once I did, I was auto-disconnected by an automated answering machine. As I go back forwards to get into my car (parked in front of my parents' garage), I see Affleck's character sneaking out the back door of the garage and around the house, trying to get me from the side/behind by circling around. Panicking now, I hop into the car to start it ... but now my dream decides that the car is inside the garage and that (true IRL) I don't have a garage door opener inside my car, so I'm going to have to get out of the car and manually press the garage door opener near the house's side door if I want to escape. I woke up here presumably because this would not have ended well.

* Regarding his terrible behavior: 1) when he came out from the kitchen to first greet us, he asked if we knew what we wanted yet. When we said we didn't, I asked him what he recommended, and he shittily asked if I didn't know that when you come to a restaurant the chef's two best offerings are always the #1 or the #2; 2) while J-lo ordered the #1, I asked about the #71 (some difficult-to-pronounce Italian dish). He lit up with pride and said it was really good. I asked him if it was a pasta dish and he just looked at me, speechless. I then ask again, but this time ask if it's a pasta dish like spaghetti. "You did not just say 'spaghetti'," he starts, getting really fussy-nasty. I backpedal immediately and say no, not spaghetti, just pasta. "Sure, it's pasta" he hurls out. So I order it, trying to please him since he'd seemed so proud of it. 3) (When he brings the slop bucket) he denies that I ever ordered anything and that it's time for me to go. (But not before I stand still and let him empty the slop bucket all over me! ) Guy was a lunatic.

Not sure how it compares to the original Gigli.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #102
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Some of you may find this article on nightmares informative. I based my undergraduate thesis off of Deidre Barrett's work, and though I've strayed far from the subject of dreams, I find her research very interesting.

Ironically enough, I did NOT have a nightmare last night. I actually had a semi-lucid dream, in which I discovered I had the power to travel anywhere I wanted... between dimensions, to anywhere across the world, even inside paintings and places where human beings could not physically go. In the dream, I was trying to look for a place that would make me happy, among all the various places I could be. I remember running towards the Taj Mahal, through an M.C. Escher painting, down a long corridor I didn't recognize, up spiral staircases and through walls, through the air towards the night sky, just... impossible things.

The ironic (and possibly sad) thing about the dream was that after all that running, I ended up in a dark, dingy little one-room apartment with nothing more than a bed, a lamp and a dresser. The single window was facing away from the sun, but the city outside was illuminated and indescribably beautiful. I look out the window, and there's a shadow of a person standing behind me, and though I have no idea who that person is, I feel indescribably happy... and yet, that feeling is tainted by the knowledge that this place, and the shadow in the room, is not real. And this knowledge fills me with a sadness that actually still makes me cry to think about.

The dream begins to dissolve. The indescribably beautiful city transforms into the city I'm living in right now. I find myself walking down the street with my roommate and mother. My mom is telling me that I can get back into the room I was in with the window to the indescribable city, but only she knows how to get me there, and I have to follow the steps. In the dream, she has a very haughty, know-it-all tone, and I turn to her angrily and say, "STOP IT! I gave you the knowledge that you have. Stop acting like I don't know how to get back there." (Presumably, I said this because I was aware that I was in a dream and that she was a figment in it, though to be honest, despite remembering the words coming out of my mouth, I don't remember the motivation behind them).

We end up going to this really strange convention that's based off of a typical anime convention, only run by Catholic priests and focused entirely around Jesus. JesusCon apparently was some kind of attempt at drawing in anime nerds by making anime and Japanese-style merch and animations about Jesus to convert people. I tell my roommate that we HAVE to go because I need to take pictures and send them to my friends (which means the people at FB) and see what kind of craziness is involved. I make my way into one of the convention rooms which is filled with people dressed up in biblical cosplay, and end up listening in on the keynote speaker (who is obviously a priest) who is talking about how there was a murder in the room in the university where I teach, and that no one should go in there because of the spirits that haunt it. He also tells the congregation, "They say that Hell is other people... but what if that's what happiness is, too?" He then turns to me, and the moment he makes eye contact I start running away, because I feel like the dream somehow isn't mine anymore... That someone else is in it, someone I'm not controlling. This isn't a frightened feeling, because this "other" does not seem to have ill intent, but there is the sense of losing control of the dream. I meet up with my roommate and tell her about the murder, and that I "never realized the room had so much importance". I try to find the room that the priest is talking about, because I feel the room must have some great significance, but as I run through the city, the architecture around me becomes more and more like a row of cathedrals, and I wake up before I get there.

Yaaaay subconscious.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #103
deoxys
Fog Badge

I've been having recurring nightmares about tornadoes for a very, very long time now, though I haven't had any in several weeks, but it still boggles my mind as to why as I don't have a fear of tornadoes. /shrug
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #104
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
I've been having recurring nightmares about tornadoes for a very, very long time now, though I haven't had any in several weeks, but it still boggles my mind as to why as I don't have a fear of tornadoes. /shrug
You don't fear dying in a way that could result in no body being found, and thus offering no closure for your loved ones?

You monster.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #105
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Tyranitar

Quote:
You should have a chat with Morg.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #106
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
You should have a chat with Morg.
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG
You don't fear dying in a way that could result in no body being found, and thus offering no closure for your loved ones?

You monster.
*don't have a phobia of

;P
Old 09-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #107
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Tyranitar

Quote:
Why?
http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost...52&postcount=5
Old 09-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #108
deoxys
Fog Badge

Had a weird ass dream last night. Contains completely fake Pokemon Wii U spoilers.

So, I was at this like, amusement park or something. I don't know. All I know is there was this event to try out upcoming Nintendo games, but you don't pick which games you try out. You sit in a mine cart and roll down some very unstable tracks until it ends and you are launched into the air and fall several stories until your cart catches onto some more tracks which will lead you to the game you're designated to try out. I did this a few times, and twice my cart fell and didn't catch any tracks and I just kept falling. I felt like I was going to die. Eventually, I would land semi-softly and roll into a spot with no designated games. This finally happened a third time, whereupon I exited the cart and decided to speak directly to the person behind it all about how awful of an idea this whole thing was.

Turns out it was Reggie Fils-Aime. I gave him an earful. "What on Earth made you think this was a good idea? This is probably the dumbest shit I've ever seen a company pull. Did it not cross your mind even once that someone might die, or worse, sue?" So, to pacify me, Reggie took me back stage and showed me a 'secret trailer' for the upcoming Wii U Pokemon game. The new 'Stadium'-esque game that technically hasn't been announced yet, but we saw a glimpse of it at Worlds.

What I saw... was so god awful that I'm pretty sure it became a nightmare. "INTRODUCING: POKEMON FUSION! IMPROVE YOUR BATTLE BY FUSING YOUR POKEMON!" and what I saw were nothing short of monstrosities. A Pichu fused with a Zapdos, which basically looked like a Zapdos with Pichu's head; A Pikachu fused with a Xatu. One new XY Pokemon fused with a Meowth. The list went on. Just a buttload of random Pokemon fused together. It was truly nightmare fuel.

I exited the vicinity to tell people, but no one believed me. I came back later for a 'movie' when Nintendo showcased the game before the audience as a preview and someone tried to record it. Immediately this person was detained and the FBI showed up. Overall reactions from the crowd at the PokeFusion mechanic were displeasing, people booing and some people leaving the theater and one person even throwing up at the site of PichuDos. Apparently Nintendo went into lockdown and started sealing the theater, and no one was allowed to talk about the game on the internet or anything as they were afraid it would be detrimental to the company.

And you're damn right it would be. But that's when I woke up...

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Last edited by deoxys; 09-18-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #109
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Spoiler: It wasn't a dream, but Deoxys has to talk about it as though it were lest Reggie sick the cops on him!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #110
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Okay, this is getting kinda creepy.

The day before yesterday, I had a dream where both my sisters were there. Yesterday, I had a dream which involved my immediate family. The dream I just woke up from theoretically included my entire extended family, including people who I've never met (I say 'theoretically' because there's no way to confirm or deny if the majority of the people I saw are actually real people). Now, on it's own, that wouldn't be too bad. But every dream took place in some kind of snowscape fantasy land (which was really cool). And, in every single one, my family was entirely aware that it was a dream. But not in the kind of lackadasical 'oh, it's okay, it's a dream, anything can happen!' that you sometimes see in cartoons and suchsuch, but rather they were standing behind me and telling me to try my best (though my sisters did goof off a little) despite- or perhaps because- it was a dream. It was all rather creepy, if amazing.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #111
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
including people who I've never met (I say 'theoretically' because there's no way to confirm or deny if the majority of the people I saw are actually real people).
Well I've read very often that every face/person you see in dreams are those that you have seen, including complete strangers that you briefly saw but wouldn't remember normally until your subconscious kicks in (aka in dreams), so those people you never met but saw in your dream are likely just people you saw but don't remember.

I, unfortunately, don't remember much my dreams, but I used to have a yearly reoccurring dream where, in slow motion, I would trip, fall down and land head first in my school's stairs, all while other students present were screaming in horror. I would wake up sweating right at the moment of impact. The dream would "update" too, changing my look and how the walls of the stairs (since it was often decorated) looked like on that year, but otherwise it was the same dream. I dunno if it meant I was afraid to fail in school, was afraid of school destroying me (I was bullied often there after all) or I simply was scared of the stairs (they were very small, hardly any room for my long feet to stand on), but I no longer have that reoccurring dream, thankfully ^^;

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 09-18-2013 at 06:44 PM.
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:35 AM   #112
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Sorry for double-posting but I actually had a dream last night XD

So I'm in school, at a desk in an empty class. I don't remember what I was doing, but I think I was either reading a book or idling there. I was waiting for a course to start, but I believed I simply arrived early. After a while, bored, I check up my agenda to check on my schedule. It's then I realized not only there was no more courses running that day in the class I was in, but I had no more courses for the rest of the day! I started to panic a bit, as I knew my mom was waiting for me since my last class finished (to pick me up and drive me home). I packed up my stuff and ran in the direction of the parking lot (this is when conscious me realized the school looks similar to my old high school) and on my way there I check out my watch and noticed it was something-45, meaning I was twidling my thumbs and my mom was waiting for me for at least 45 minutes. In the locker room (which you need to get through to go to the parking), my cellphone ran. I answered and expectingly it was my mom, worried. I reassured her, explained what happened (which she was ok with it) and told her I'm coming any second now. After finally arriving at the family truck, both my mom and dad was there (surprisingly my sister wasn't around). My dad of course gave me an earful for arriving late till my mom told him to shut up.

Now this is where things gets a lil weird X)

For some reason, we had to leave a car behind in the parking lot. My mom tells me it needs to be completely locked, but doesn't check if it is and was about to get in the truck to leave. I check the car and lo and behold it wasn't locked at all. I stopped my mother, got in the car from the driver seat and started locking the doors. All the of them was the usual switch/button to lock them, for the exception of the front passenger's door where I noticed it was with a strange mecanism and I couldn't find the lock button. My dad swears to me to hurry up, which I reply I'm almost done, and I finally find the lock of that door: some kind of big switch. I use it to lock it sucessfully.

Then the scene changed all of a sudden, to... a snail burning in a fire. Seriously. Just that, nothing else around it or anything else special other than the snail that seemed to be resistant to the fire, lighting up with it in a "sword/glass being forged" kind of way.

And that's when I woke up.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #113
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

My dream last night was fairly excellent!

Although I learned that mixing amnesia and stable time loops leads to all sorts of mindfuckery.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #114
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
My dream last night was fairly excellent!

Although I learned that mixing amnesia and stable time loops leads to all sorts of mindfuckery.
The Amnesia of Suzumiya Haruhi sounds like it could be the title of one of the books in the series.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #115
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

This isn't really 'last night', but the dream I had in the four hours sleep previous to getting back on was... Interesting.

First of all, in a minor detail, the setting appeared to be some sort of PASBL-is-real-life delio. And I had just finished reffing a match in this ghetto place. It was a pretty cool ghetto, I think it was fantasy middle eastern or something- Lots of ruins and sand and sand and buildings made out of sand or clay or something. Kinda like the ghetto Alibaba from Magi grew up in, but... Less flat? You also got the feeling that this had been some really beautiful place before time had whittled it into dust. Now, one of the battlers, as it turned out, was part of this mob. Actually, he was the leader. And what he did was lured people into the ghetto by holding battles there, then ambushing them afterwards. And today, his mark was me. Though by 'mob' I mean a group of like five childhood friends who watched eachother's backs. They had a name for themselves but it's kinda borderline offensive so there's no way I'm relating it. :/
Anyway, the guy ambushed me, yadayada, and then, despite being threatened, I walked right up to him, turned the puppy-dog-eyes up to full blast and, while clutching the possessions I had gathered up, I stated this one, epic, hilarious line.
"I'm sorry, but... All these objects have sentimental value to me! ...Though you can take the roller skates."

Oh, brain.
Anyway, my emotional appeal stunned the leader and emotionally touched the others and they begged him to accept my offer and I pretty much got away scot-free. Then there was much heartfelt "Live long and prosper", with the Star Trek hand thing and all. And one of the others offered to tell my fortune for me! With this strange book-thing heirloom he had. And it landed on 'Lonely', which dream!me just kinda sagged at in a kinda 'why am I not even surprised' kind of way. Then it turned out that it didn't exaaaaactly mean what I had assumed (see, there was some real!life backstory stuff mixed into the dream earlier, so), and it was more about how 'life gives us hope, and then it takes it away'. That's extremely shortened and it was actually told while this story montaged across the screen about some beautiful ancient kingdom fell to ruins because an internal war over a girl devastated it's economic condition and forced the survivors to focus internally to stay alive (by which I mean band together and take up a farmer-gatherer lifestyle), allowing the beautiful cities to erode despite being lived in because there was simply nothing the survivors could do to save them.

And in the end I woke up and had to take my migrane pills for the first time since I've gotten them and was left with the impression that the group was really-really-cool for keeping their cultures alive (they were all from different cultures, you see, and the fortune-telling book + stories was just part of the culture of one of them). Though I also considered the leader less-cool than the rest of them. Which is prooooobably bias considering that he's kinda the one who contributes the most to the group staying alive. Magi fans, think of him kinda like Kassim. Except far less of a warmonger. He was really pale, and had this kinda aura about him like he had two heads, despite only having one... It was kinda interesting.
(His name was also Janus so maybe that was just my subconscious finding a way to fit in a rl mythology reference buuuut.)
Quote:
Old 02-09-2014, 10:19 PM   #116
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

So, I decided to take a nap at my boyfriend's house in the middle of the day today, because I was feeling exhausted. I knew I wanted to wake up at a reasonable time, since we wanted to go to a shop that closed fairly early (it being Sunday and all). I ended up sleeping until 5:00, unfortunately... but during that time, I dreamed of myself waking up 5 times before actually waking up to my boyfriend gently shaking me awake.

First wake up - I awaken in the bed that I was sleeping in, feeling disoriented. I call out to my boyfriend, but he is in the foyer. He tells me that his roommate (named Adam) wasn't the real Adam, but that the Adam he meant to stay with has just arrived. The 'real' Adam looks just like Bebe from Persona 3. As he sets up camp in my boyfriend's room and prances around like a fairy princess, I begin to seriously question my boyfriend's sexuality.

Second Wake Up - I wake up, again, in my boyfriend's room. I pick up a mug (that does not exist in real life), and say to myself, "this mug is blurry. I must really be awake, because if I were dreaming, I would see it clearly despite not having my glasses on". I put the mug down and get up, to talk to my boyfriend, who is at the computer. I ask him something, but I don't remember what, and then I start getting a splitting headache so terrible that I fall to the ground.

Third wake up - I wake up in a room that's covered in ivy, and I distinctly remember saying, "Was I just faked out TWICE by my subconscious? Damn it!" I then go on to realize that I am living in a strange treehouse, where younger versions of my friends are all playing and having fun. I decide I want to go out to the swingset, and run out to go play, but the rest is a blur.

Fourth wake-up: I wake up in a beach chair beside a pool. I dive into the water, but the water is green and makes my skin burn and itch. When I finally surface, I ask my boyfriend why the water hurts so much, and he tells me that I shouldn't have dove in. I asked him why he didn't warn me or save me, and he just shrugs his shoulders and tells me to come inside the house by the pool. The house is completely dark inside, and as night falls, I can see that there are werewolves coming out of the houses on the other side of the street.

Wake-up five - I wake up in the darkened house. I go out to get some tea in the kitchen, but when I turn around, the ghost of my great grandmother is behind me... but her face is completely distorted and demonic. I start to run from her, but she's way faster than I am, and I fall to the ground writhing in unimaginable pain. When she disappears, I realize I've fallen in front of the screen door that leads outside. Outside, there are dinosaurs. I throw a Pokeball at one, but it just bounces off the dinosaur. I then say to myself, "Silly me, you can't catch real dinosaurs with Pokeballs!" I then wonder if I can find Aurorus, but then consider that the real dinosaurs might decide to kill me.

Sixth wake-up - This is when my boyfriend was shaking me awake. I have since gone back to my parents' house, and I am hoping that I am actually awake. Only time will tell.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #117
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Wake up Marion... Wake up Marion... Wake up Marion...
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #118
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I've had three fake wake-ups before (with the fourth being the real one), but to have five (with the sixth being the real one), that's even more impressive. Man. Though it is kind of a shame that your dreams got less realistic towards the end. It's usually eerier to the dreamer when the dreams get successively more realistic, as that really leaves you wondering whether you've really awoken yet or not.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #119
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #120
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I don't think I've ever had a fake wake-up before, man that must be terrifying. O.O
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #121
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

The most annoying wake up dreams are the ones where nothing is unusual. I've had dreams where I've woken up and done my daily morning routine, only to wake up again and have to do it all over again in real life.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #122
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
I've had a few fake wake-ups I think. I don't know if I have. I don't remember any of them...
Well I don't know. I think that one where I thought I was trapped in a car outside of my house counted because it felt so real, but...

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #123
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

I've fake woken up before.

Once I thought I posted something on UPN, but it was something stupid and irrelevant and I got embarrassed when I actually woke up, so I went to delete it and found that UPN does not actually have a thread about Monopoly.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:28 AM   #124
Nikomajor
Boulder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Nikomajor
I was dreaming about the French Revolution and woke up within 5 minutes of me having it...
The rest of the night was a dreamless one.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:58 AM   #125
Charzonsos
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Charzonsos
Weird dream I had recently. I meet a new person and we hit it off well. We ended up sleeping together that night. I woke up feeling fresh and go into the bathroom. I feel my head only to feel a cold liquid. I look into the mirror to see that all my hair was gone and a bloody scalp was left.

I woke up and proceeded to hold my hair and say it was just a dream.
Charzonsos is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc