UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News

Old 01-08-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

[Spoilers] Pokémon X & Y announced! Worldwide release!

October 2013
3DS Only.

SPRITES!!
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #2
Emp
Volcano Badge

That was so epic! Finally something to wipe BW out of our memories.

Looks like it's based in France too which is pretty cool.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Can't wait. I didn't get to see the girl much. She looked kind of cute? Starters were all whatevs.

But a deer legendary? >_>

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #4
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

ZORA HERE FOR DECLARING NEW POKÉMON SURPRISINGLY UNSHITTY.

GAME ITSELF LOOKS SHITTY THOUGH.

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #5
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Awesome starters, although Gen V's are better for the most part. Fire > Grass >> Water
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #6
Emp
Volcano Badge

Is it possible these games have customisable characters? The way he's stood in front of that mirror in the beginning and his generic clothing and accessories (kinda looks too much like the BW protagonists) makes me think you can change the way he looks.

Water starter sure looks ugly, although I said that about Oshawott so we'll see. I like the grass one, but this will probably be another gen where I skip the starters.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #7
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
For reference:

Froakie confirmed for best Pokemon ever. Firefox close second.

Leaf hat needs to die in a fire.

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Last edited by Spikkle; 01-08-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Spikkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #8
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Whelp, looks like I am going to have to get a 3DS eventually now.\

Also looks like for once the grass starter isn't a reptile and the fire type doesn't look like it will become fire/fighting!

Last edited by PikaGod; 01-08-2013 at 06:26 AM.
PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #9
deoxys
Fog Badge

So Fennekin continues to follow tradition of having the fire starter fall under the 'Dog' category. Neat.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #10
Slash
Silver LO

> Salamander
> Echidna
> Chicken
> Ape
> Pig

Huh?
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #11
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
So Fennekin continues to follow tradition of having the fire starter fall under the 'Dog' category. Neat.
Maybe I've missed your sarcasm but of a dragon, mouse, chicken, monkey and pig none of them are canine based and only two are quadrupeds.

It's actually kind of funny that there's a frog starter in a french region. Let's hope it looks nothing like Seismatoad.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 01-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #12
deoxys
Fog Badge

BORKED

Interesting too note that right at the beginning of the video, Pikachu uses Thunderbolt from the top of the Eiffel Tower as it zooms out of France and shows the world.

Paris confirmed.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #13
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

On the plus side, the chances of it being fire-fighting are pretty remote.

inb4 Fox-foo, final evolution

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Bonus:
Quote:
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #14
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

I share Kairne's ranking towards the starters, Fire was clearly the best (and cutest) starter (just don't ruin it with the fighting type... Psychic would be nice), followed by the Grass type, which was a little daft but reasonable. Then, waaaay out there is the Water type... Don't we have enough frogs already and why does he/she need cotton wool on it's back.
As for the legendary Pokemon we saw, I'm sold on the Dark dragon-like thing of Pokemon Y, but not the almost-like-Virizion Deer one.
World looked pretty damn cool though, graphics were nice and the camera was placed in a position that would make good use of the 3D options. But I'm not sold on the battles though, I was hoping for a new generation to add something new and dynamic to the battles not a sit there and take the hits type thing which every game has had from the beginning. This wasn't shown and although the battles did look really good, this is the one stumbling point for me which will leave me waiting a good while before I decide if I'll get Y version or not.

PASBL: TL3, 15W/8L/1D, 42 KO's, 95TP, 14.75 SP.

*Certified Ref. Grade: B-*

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Yougirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #15
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
> Salamander
> Echidna
> Chicken
> Ape
> Pig

Huh?

Quote:
Maybe I've missed your sarcasm but of a dragon, mouse, chicken, monkey and pig none of them are canine based and only two are quadrupeds.
What are you implying? I'm confused.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #16
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Also, it's definitely not a dog anyways. It's obviously based on a Fennec Fox.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #17
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Interesting to note is that Fennekin uses some sort of Psychic-looking ability in the action shots, and Chespin uses something that looks like a dark-type move. We still don't know whether they're pure-type or not, do we?

Granted Fennekin could end up being like Vulpix in that it just has a fair amount of psy/dark/ghost in its movepool. And what DOESN'T get Dark-type attacks these days?

Bonus:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #18
phoopes
Double Dragon

Okay, starters all looked a bit ugly at first, but that fox is already starting to grow on me. I missed the actual thing itself, so I didn't see the legendaries that you guys are talking about. Hope they're good though...
Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #19
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yougirasu View Post
But I'm not sold on the battles though, I was hoping for a new generation to add something new and dynamic to the battles not a sit there and take the hits type thing which every game has had from the beginning. This wasn't shown and although the battles did look really good, this is the one stumbling point for me which will leave me waiting a good while before I decide if I'll get Y version or not.
I'm wary about what they showed us of the battles because while they're pretty, that was the problem with Colosseum. Battles looked awesome, but were painfully slow. Miror B evens things out overall but, still.

Bonus:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #20
deoxys
Fog Badge

Well, foxes are part of the canine family, but enough about that.

I'm curious as to why they skipped Gen 3 remakes completely? Perhaps Iwata was pressing for a 3DS system seller considering Black and White only just came out in 2011 (for everywhere that wasn't Japan)?

Gen 5 was by far the shortest Gen.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #21
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Legendaries
Old 01-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #22
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
What are you implying? I'm confused.
You said, 'Fennekin continues to follow tradition of having the fire starter fall under the 'Dog' category', which it doesn't since there isn't a tradition of fire starter's falling under the 'Dog' category. 'If you'd said Fennekin continues to follow tradition by having the fire starter fall under the 'Dog' category' I would've understood what you were implying.

At least it looks like they've finally broke the habit of Fire/Fighting starters, that got old pretty fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
I'm glad they've shifted to 3D. I can't imagine how bad they'd look as sprites, if the deer trio is anything to go off.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 01-08-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #23
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post

Legendaries
Bad deviantart of a flying-typed Zoroark and a palette-swapped deer legendary. Very disappointing.

Bonus:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #24
Slash
Silver LO

I think the FireFighters got better as they progressed. Emboar is obviously > Infernape, which in turn is obviously >>>>>>> Blazichicken

But this new Fire starter may usurp the Tepig line for favourite Fire starter. Same with the new Grass one and Snivy.

But the ugly from will never be anywhere near the level of Dewott's awesomeness

Both the legendaries look cool, too.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #25
deoxys
Fog Badge

/facepalm

Goddammit, I accidentally a word and it completely threw off the gist of my sentence. That's what I get for trying to have a serious conversation at 6 AM after less than three hours of sleep.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News