UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 09-04-2019, 01:59 AM   #176
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

(Sorry for taking control, and sorry for the late reply, I fell asleep!)
Danny had followed the Dusknoir to the battlefield, only to see a fierce battle between Keith and some other girl. The Dusknoir introduced him, and the girl introduced herself.
"Let's use two Pokemon!" Danny said rather loudly. He prepared Poker and Clcokwork for battle, who where both napping. "Come on, wake up!" he said, shaking the Slowpoke and Hoothoot awake. This is gonna be a tough battle, he thought.
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:19 AM   #177
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

(No problem on both counts)

Danny, as Keith and Willa learned very quickly, was quite loud, declaring that they should use two Pokémon. This was immediately followed by him attempting to wake up his Hoothoot and Slowpoke, get them ready for battle. Keith watched this for a moment, then walked over to the other end of the battlefield, considering what he would use himself. "Willa, wanna be the referee?" he asked.

"Certainly," agreed Willa, walking off to the side. "Both of you, let me know when you're ready."

"You want I should get in on this?" Peeves volunteered.

"Appreciate it, Peeves, but not at the moment," Keith shook his head. "I think I know who I want to use here, and they could definitely use some more battle experience. No offense, man."

"None taken," the Dusknoir replied, hovering above a seat, intent on watching the battle.

"Alright, then," Keith grinned, wheeling around to face Danny. "Let's see what you've got! Just be warned, I'm from the Hoenn region- the birthplace of the double battle!" With that, he threw a Premier Ball. "Go, Aletri!" he exclaimed, unleashing his Druddigon in a flash of light.

And then, Keith produced a Fast Ball, but before he could throw it, a regular Poké Ball on his belt burst open, its sludgy occupant sending himself out. "Gri! Grimer gri!" exclaimed the toothy green Grimer.

Keith blinked in surprise. "Ricin?" he said. "You want to battle?"

"Gri! Grimer!" nodded Ricin.

Keith's look of surprise gave way to an excited grin almost immediately. Ricin still had a lot of shyness issues to work out, but he'd been growing more and more confident in his battling skills over time, and for him to outright want to battle with zero coaxing from Keith whatsoever, that was a big improvement. "Then who am I to argue?" Keith chuckled, reattaching his Minun's Fast Ball to his belt. "Ricin, I choose you!"

Aletri and Ricin moved forward together, both the Druddigon and the Alolan Grimer looking ready for battle. Willa turned to Danny to see if he and his Pokémon were ready.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:26 AM   #178
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

"A double battle?! I love those!" he said, as Poker and Clockwork both landed on the ground. Danny then bent down to speak to his Pokemon. "Alright guys, we need to focus. Keith is a really strong trainer, and we'e here to prove our strength. You may not be the strongest, but I believe in you." Danny said.
"I'm ready!" Danny shouted, both of his Pokemon moving to the battlefield.
This is going to be tough, but I know we can do this. Danny thought, getting ready for the battle.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:31 AM   #179
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Willa nodded to acknowledge this. "Then this will be a double battle between Keith and Danny," she announced. "Only two Pokémon permitted per side, no substitutions allowed. The battle will end when both Pokémon on one side are unable to battle. Let the battle begin!"

Keith called his attacks first. "Aletri, Leer attack!" he ordered. "Ricin, Rock Polish!"

"Druuuuud!" bellowed Aletri, with a sudden sharp glare at both Poker and Clockwork.

"Griiiiii!" added Ricin, his sludgy form suddenly gleaming in the light. His crystal-like teeth in particular look very well-polished.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:36 AM   #180
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Rock Polish heightens speed, and Leer lowers defense! he thought. He's setting up for some serious damage. Danny followed in suit, yelling his attacks. "Slowpoke, Yawn!" he shouted. "Hoothoot, Tackle attack on the Druddigon!"
"Slow." it said, white gas seeping form its mouth and enveloping both Pokemon.
"Hooooot!" the owl Pokemon said, striking the Druddigon quickly, before retreating back, suprisingly, into the sky!
Danny saw a white gleam on Keith's wrist - it was a Z-Ring. This must be some trainer!

Last edited by CrazyCreeperKid; 09-04-2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:52 AM   #181
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Danny went for his first moves of the match, with his Slowpoke using Yawn. Before Keith knew it, his Grimer and Druddigon were both yawning themselves, starting to feel sleepy. The Hoothoot then flew forward and landed a Tackle attack on Aletri, before retreating up into the air.

Keith thought fast- Yawn's effects would soon render both his Pokémon asleep, so he was on a real timer here. "Ricin, hit Slowpoke with Crunch!" he ordered. "Aletri, hit Hoothoot with a Gunk Shot attack!"

"Griiii..." yawned Ricin, though he nevertheless oozed forward with great speed, intent on sinking his toxic crystal teeth into the Water/Psychic-type for super effective damage.

"Druuuuudiiii," Aletri likewise yawned, charging up what looked like some sort of glowing purple garbage bag, and taking careful aim in Hoothoot's direction before heaving it towards the Normal/Flying-type.

Keith gave a small sigh- both Pokémon were getting ready to fall asleep. But he could deal with that, he reminded himself, even though it would very likely leave them completely vulnerable for at least a little while.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:56 AM   #182
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

"Those were some serious hits!" Danny yelled. "Hoothoot, dodge the Gunk Shot, then hit Grimer with your Tackle attack! Slowpoke, Let's supirse Druddigon with a powerful Zen Headbutt!. His Pokemon will fall asleep very soon.... My plan is going well! Danny thought, a grin spreading across his face.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:04 AM   #183
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Between Ricin's Rock Polish and the extremely valid reasoning behind Slowpoke's species name, the Crunch connected with no problem. Hoothoot, on the other hand, had a better time of it, being able to maneuver out of the way of the Gunk Shot before diving down and landing a Tackle on Ricin's sludgy form.

Slowpoke, however, was not out just yet, and landed a Zen Headbutt on Aletri, sending the Druddigon stumbling backwards. And then, he slumped to the ground, snoring loudly, just as Ricin spread out a little bit, his snores sending ripples throughout his body.

"Gah," Keith grunted. "Come on, guys, wake up!" he called to them. When this elicited no response, he proceeded to dig through his backpack. Danny and his Pokémon had an opening here- the question was, what would they do with it?
Old 09-04-2019, 09:10 AM   #184
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

This is our big chance! he thought, clenching his fist. "Slowpoke, use Zen Headbutt on the Druddigon! Hoothoot, hit it with a Tackle attack as well!" Danny said.
Slowpoke and Hoothoot both charged at the sleeping dragon, before retreating once more, Hoothoot again taking refuge in the skies.
Danny saw Keith rummaging through his bag, intent on finding something. What was he looking for?
Old 09-04-2019, 09:30 AM   #185
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

With both of Keith's Pokémon asleep, they were easy targets, and Danny capitalized on this, with both Slowpoke and Hoothoot landing hits on Aletri. This did not wake him up, but he grunted fitfully in between snores as a result of the damage he was taking.

At last, Keith extracted his hand from his backpack, and it was clutching his Blue Flute. Wasting no time, he put the glass flute to his mouth and started playing some classic Pokéflute music. And the effect was instantaneous- Aletri and Ricin's eyes snapped open, and they scrambled back to their feet- well, Aletri scrambled back to his feet, Ricin simply lessened his resemblance to a puddle. "Drud druuuud!" Aletri declared.

"Grimer!!" added Ricin.

"Excellent!" Keith grinned. "These guys are good, so let's show them how good we are!"

"Grimerrrr!!!" Ricin agreed, sounding more pumped up than ever before, and a split second later, Keith realized why as a brilliant blue glow came over the Alolan Grimer's body.

"Wait, what?" Peeves demanded from his seat in the audience.

"Oh!" Willa exclaimed softly, taken aback by this turn of events.

"Ricin's evolving...!" Keith murmured.

Indeed, Ricin's sludgy form grew bigger, more toxic crystals jutting out all over his body. The transformation was a quick one, and before Keith knew it, the glow faded away, revealing the brilliantly multicolored form of a ! "MUUUUUUUUK!" Ricin bellowed triumphantly.

"Ha haaaa!" Keith cheered. "I knew you were doing good, Ricin, but to think you were that close to evolving!?" As he spoke, he took out a purple Pokédex and opened it up.

"Muk- Alola Form- the Sludge Pokémon. A Poison and Dark-type, and the evolved form of Grimer," droned the device. "Muk is normally quiet and docile, but goes into a rage when sufficiently hungry, at which point it will even smash up its Trainer's furnishings and devour them."

"Alright, then let's do this!" Keith grinned. "Ricin, blast them with Poison Gas! Aletri, use Synthesis!" he ordered.

"Druuuuuud," grinned Aletri, spreading his wings, with a glance at the sunlight pouring in from the windows in the room. Between his species's natural affinity for taking in sunlight as energy, and his mother being an Ivysaur, the Druddigon was more capable than most of his kind at restoring his own vitality in this way.

"MUUUUUUUK!" bellowed Ricin, exhaling billowing clouds of poisonous gases towards both Hoothoot and Slowpoke.

Quote:
What? Grimer is evolving!

...!

Congratulations! Your Grimer evolved into Muk!

*Ricin learned Venom Drench!*
Old 09-04-2019, 09:44 AM   #186
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Danny wasn't expecting any of this. "A Pokeflute?! EVOLUTION?!" Danny exclaimed. "The battle just got 10 times more tough! And tough equals fun!"
"Clockwork, pick up Poker, and both of you get out of there! Dodge his Poison Gas! Clockwork, Tackle at full speed! Poker, follow suit and Zen Headbutt! Clockwork, drop Poker on Druddigon, and then attack Muk!"
This was the most complicated attack Danny's Pokemon had ever performed. Clockwork flew from above with Poker in-claw, charging at the Dragon Pokemon with full speed.

Poker as well, sparkling energy gathering at his forehead, willingly fell towards the Dragon-type, picking up momentum, before slamming at the Druddigon headfirst, making dust scatter slightly upon impact.

Clockwork, after dropping Poker, sped up and struck the Muk on its forehead, before retreating to the skies.

It was the most ambitious attack Danny had ever tried. Question was, did it do enough damage to prepare for Danny to secure a win?
Old 09-04-2019, 09:59 AM   #187
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Nobody present had anticipated Ricin's evolution, least of all Danny, but he was all for working with it. His Hoothoot and Slowpoke sprang into action, cooperating to evade the Poison Gas, with Clockwork grabbing Poker and taking to the air.

"Be ready for 'em!" Keith called to his Pokémon. "Ricin, Poison Fang! Aletri, Poison Tail!"

"Muuuuk," rumbled Ricin, toxins dripping from his teeth as he prepared to meet Clockwork's Tackle head-on with a toxic bite.

"Druuuudd!" exclaimed Aletri, his tail glowing purple as he prepared to swing it at the falling Slowpoke.

What followed was a head-on collision of attacks on all sides. Clockwork's Tackle knocked Ricin back somewhat, but the Muk took advantage of the close proximity and landed a good hit with Poison Fang, and it even badly poisoned the Hoothoot. Meanwhile, Aletri's tail met Poker's head, both combatants flung backwards from the impact. Aletri got back to his feet- he'd be much worse off had he not used Synthesis earlier, but he was still beginning to show signs of being weakened by the fight. He grinned, appreciative of the tough battle. Poison Tail didn't poison the Slowpoke, of course, since Aletri went into the attack with naught but Sheer Force.

"Now let's keep it going!" exclaimed Keith. "Ricin, show them your new move- use Venom Drench on the Hoothoot! Aletri, use Bite on the Slowpoke!"
Old 09-04-2019, 10:16 AM   #188
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

It was a clash of powers. "Oh no, Hoothoot!" Danny said, rummaging through his bag, realizing he has no medicine. "Alright, Slowpoke, Hoothoot, we're gonna finish this!" Danny shouted. Dany wanted to take out the Druddigon.
"Hoothoot, Leer on Druddigon! Slowpoke, give it your all with a Zen Headbutt on Druddigon!
Hoothoot glared at the two Pokemon, and then Slowpoke launched itself at the Druddigon, the intense impact, and the defense lowering, causing the Dragon to flinch.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:28 AM   #189
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Danny was quick to go through his bag, but found that he had no medicine for his Pokémon. But that did nothing to deter him, for he went on to have Clockwork use Leer, and followed it up with Poker's Zen Headbutt once more. And this time, Aletri flinched, and was unable to use his Bite attack. More than that, the decreased Defense from Leer coupled with the piled-on damage from earlier in the battle caused Zen Headbutt to hit hard. Aletri collapsed to the ground, and though he tried to get back up, ultimately he did not.

"Aletri is unable to battle!" declared Willa.

"Oh, geez... Come back now, Aletri!" Keith called out, withdrawing his Druddigon. "You take a good rest, buddy," he murmured to the Premier Ball before clipping it back onto his belt. Then, he turned back to his Alolan Muk. "It's all you, Ricin, so let's do this!" he declared, starting to move his arms. "Time to power up!" he declared, as light started pouring from the Poisonium Z set into his Z-Crystal.

"Muuuuuuuuuk!" replied Ricin, copying Keith's movements as they happened.

"Our minds, our spirits, linked as one!" Keith exclaimed as he moved. "A power as intense as the Plague Swamp of Cascadia! Feel the poison- BE the poison!"

"MUUUUUUUK!" Ricin bellowed. Z-Power was flowing into his body, and he was ready to act, to unleash a full-force move upon Poker, his Poison Fang being boosted immensely into something new and intensely strong.

"Then here we go!" Keith grinned. "Use Acid Downpour!!!"

Quote:

Ricin surrounded itself with its Z-Power!

Ricin unleashes its full-force Z-Move!

Old 09-04-2019, 10:42 AM   #190
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

"A Z-Move????!!!!!!!!!!" Danny yelled, stunned by the sync between Muk and his Trainer. Danny saw the acidic purple rain coming from the sky. There was no way that Poker could survive this. The Pokemon shuddered before falling to the ground, with swirly eyes coming across his face.
Danny zapped the Dopey Pokemon into his Pokeball. "Well done, friend, I'll get you to a Pokemon Center as quickly as I can." he spoke to the Pokeball, suddenly soft. "Clockwork, it's all up to you!" he yelled, loud again. Clockwork was valiantly mastering his poison, although Danny knew he was on a timer.
"Clockwork, Leer again!"
The Hoothoot glared once more at the Muk.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #191
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Acid Downpour hit hard, and Poker fell to the ground, leaving Wila to make the obvious call. "Poker is unable to battle!" she declared.

This battle was now a one-on-one, Clockwork vs. Ricin. The Hoothoot, on Danny's command, gave another Leer to further reduce Ricin's Defense, try and mitigate the effects of Venom Drench on its offenses. The battle, Keith, knew, was reaching its end, but considering how tough Danny and his Pokémon had been so far, even with Ricin evolving mid-battle, he felt this could go either way. "Ricin! Fire Punch!" he commanded.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:57 AM   #192
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

"Hoothoot, dodge it, then use Tackle!" Danny said. The battle was going to its close - Danny was ready to fight to the end, no matter what it takes.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #193
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Clockwork was ordered to dodge the Fire Punch, but Danny had overlooked one detail- Speed. The Venom Drench had slowed the Hoothoot down somewhat, while Ricin was faster than ever from his previous use of Rock Polish. Despite Clockwork's valiant attempts, Fire Punch landed, though it didn't KO, allowing the Hoothoot to get in a Tackle. Ricin grunted as the attack hit, harder than average due to the Leer attacks slightly overshadowing the offensive drop from Venom Drench. But the next moment, the poison took its toll on the Hoothoot once more, and he found he could stay in the air no more.

"Clockwork is unable to battle!" ruled Willa. "Both of Danny's Pokémon are unable to battle, so the winner is Keith!"

"Hey, Ricin, nicely done!" Keith grinned. He walked over and hugged the Alolan Muk, who cheerfully returned the favor. Following this, Keith and Ricin made their way over to Danny. "That was a great battle," Keith smiled. "Your Pokémon are pretty good so far, even though I'm getting the feeling you haven't been a Trainer for too long, am I right? If you want, I can take you to the Pokémon Center," he offered.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:59 AM   #194
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Danny's spirit crumbled as he watched Hoothoot fall from the sky. He ran to catch the Pokemon. He heard Keith ask him a question.
"Yes, I'm a new trainer. My Pokemon are new to battling. I wanted to try my hand against the best of the land; As you can see, it didn't go too well. Anyway, yeah, I'd like to go to the Pokemon Center." Danny accepted, zapping his Hoothoot into his Pokeball.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:23 PM   #195
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Eheheh, I dunno if I'd call myself the best," Keith chuckled modestly. "But wow- you just started out? Clockwork and Poker are pretty good already."

"Muuuuk," Ricin nodded in agreement.

Keith led the way. Out of the room, back downstairs, out the door. It wasn't a long walk to the Pokémon Center, easily identifiable by its bright red roof. They needed only walk past an old-looking one-story structure, the motif of which seemed to invoke the look of ancient ruins, and they were there.

Inside the Pokémon Center, they approached the counter, only to see a blue-eyed Banette behind the counter. "Hi, Keith," smiled the Banette, also speaking human language. "Who is this?"

"This is Danny, a new Trainer," Keith explained. "His Pokémon just fought a good battle and could use some healing up. Danny, this is Helena, she runs this Pokémon Center."

"Pleased to meet you," Helena said with a polite bow. "Hand me your Poké Balls and I'll get your Pokémon fighting fit in no time."
Old 09-04-2019, 01:39 PM   #196
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

(Whoopsie, sorry for late reply; random computer update lol)
Danny shuddered at the Banette, which also was capable of human speech. He dumbly handed over his Pokeballs. Why could all these Ghost-types speak? he asked himself.
"Hey, am I not supposed to give you prize money?" Danny said, fumbling through his wallet. Danny really hoped he wouldn't ask, though.

Last edited by CrazyCreeperKid; 09-04-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:54 PM   #197
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Helena's smile faded slightly as Danny shuddered, and she accepted the Poké Balls silently. As she was putting them into the healing machine, Keith turned to Danny, for none of this had been lost on him. "Something wrong?" he asked quietly. "I can assure you Helena's kind and sweet, nothing to be scared of whatsoever. Also, never mind about the prize money for now," he added, shaking his head. "We can settle that later."
Old 09-04-2019, 03:01 PM   #198
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Phew! Danny thought. "Oh, I'm not disturbed by Helena at all!" he said. "I'm sorry I exerted that feeling!" he said, this time extending his hand to the Banette.
The question was, would she take it?
Old 09-04-2019, 03:26 PM   #199
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Helena smiled, accepting the handshake. "I appreciate that," she said. "Your Pokémon will be just a few minutes," she added, after glancing real quick at the healing machine's screen. "If you like, you can have a seat and wait," she offered, gesturing to the waiting area, where indeed there were numerous seats. Some were occupied by other Trainers, but most were vacant.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:51 PM   #200
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Danny chuckled before sitting down, happy he was on good terms with Helena. He glanced around the room, staring at the other trainers, or as he liked to call them, "future opponents". He patiently waited, before deciding to strike a conversation with Keith.
"So, why didn't you use Gemini? I've heard of Gemini, the legendary Weezing, who was your first ever Pokemon, I believe." he said to Keith, anxiously waiting for a response.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases