UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 04:23 AM   #26
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
The classic question given to every Eevee that has evolved: why choose the evolution? As Happy reflected on it, he had to let a little embarrassment show on his cheeks. "Well, I didn't exactly choose what I evolved into," he explained. "I was trying to show another Eevee a Fire Stone we had, so I was trying to get it out of my trainer's backpack, but I got stuck when I tried to pull it out. Then I did pull myself out, but I pulled out too hard and fell on my back. Next thing I knew, the Fire Stone was out of its case and on my belly, and I just let it evolve me. I really like what I am now, though, 'cuz it means I get to do stuff like this!" Happy then walks over to the edge of the pool, making sure none of the Eevee are about to jump back in it, then exhales a large breath of hot air, the Heat Wave traveling across the cool water and creating a cloud of steam towards the corner of the room as the temperatures conflicted with each other. "So what do you think? Pretty cool, huh? Or...well, hot."

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 08-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #27
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

To put it quite bluntly, Kai was not impressed with the story. It didn't exactly demonstrate the sort of intelligence she hoped to pass onto her children, or the situational awareness, or, well... much of anything, really.

Watching Happy perform his little trick, however, she considered another aspect: he was, well... happy. She had been terrified, for a time, of evolving, despite being so certain of what she wanted to be. What if becoming a Vaporeon hadn't been everything she had hoped for? The fear had paralyzed her, and almost prevented her from living her dreams. In his reckless, silly abandon, Happy was perfectly content with himself and who he was, and wasn't that sort of self assurance the sort of thing she wanted to bestow upon her children,
above all?

"I'm not looking for a mate, really," she blurted, a bit suddenly; she wasn't always the most tactful. She paused, and tried to better arrange her thoughts."I mean- this isn't about matchmaking. I just... want children. If you were chosen to be their father -- if -- you'd be welcome to be a part of their lives. Or not. That's... really up to you. You seem nice enough, I guess."
Old 08-12-2017, 02:08 AM   #28
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Happy could tell Kai was beginning to warm up to him despite her reserved response, but it still needed to be one step at a time. He told her about himself, now it was her turn. Turning around and walking back to the Vaporeon, he smiled and said, "Kai, I'd be happy to be a father to my kids, or my name ain't Happy! Though...why do you want kids so badly? N-Not that it'd change my mind or anything, I just want to know. Er, sorry if I'm asking something you don't want to talk about; I guess...what I really want is...I want to know more about you."

Old 08-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #29
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

"I never knew my family," Kai said plainly; it was simply a fact, and one she had long come to terms with. Having been the product of some trainer's reckless breeding practices and disowned shortly after birth for not being extraordinary enough, her only memories of her early life were learning to fend for herself alone, in the parks and residential neighborhoods which comprised the Goldenrod City suburbs. She paused, unsure of confiding the next confession in what was essentially a stranger; but Happy seemed nice enough and was her only serious suitor. At least they were talking; she imagined things were often far less cordial in the wild, when it came to these affairs. "I'd like to make my own family. One that knows where it came from -- one that knows it's loved."

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 08-14-2017, 05:43 AM   #30
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Happy's eyes were toward the floor as he thought about his own life. "I never knew my parents either," he confessed. "I do know I have a sister, but I haven't heard anything about her ever since we were bought by different trainers. I worry about her sometimes, like, is she alright?" There was a pause from Happy as well as he simply tried to gather his thoughts together. Suddenly, he stood up and looked straight into Kai's eyes with determination.

"You know what, Kai? You're right. You deserve a family, a real one. And if you're going to have kids, they deserve more than a mother, they'll need a father too. Pick me, and I'll do what it takes to be a part of your lives. (Besides, my trainer's easy to talk into visiting another trainer's base so we can visit whoever we want!) Even if you go with someone else...if the kids' dad isn't around much, come talk to me, and I'll treat them as if they were my kids! That's how much this means to me, that's how much I care about this...about you." Without even realizing it, his paw took him one step toward the Vaporeon in front of him as he started to speak softly again.

"You know...even though we just met, I still think I relate to you...kinda. I've got a ton of friends, but it always felt like I missed something. The thing is, you knew what you were looking for from the start, and I didn't. When I was younger, I used to tease some of the other Pokemon when they were together with their boyfriends or girlfriends, which got me into a lot of trouble.

"One day, though, I started thinking, 'Why am I making fun of them?' And I couldn't figure it out. Well, now I think I know why: I was jealous of them. I looked at the way they loved each other and wanted to feel that love for someone else and for them to love me too. I've tried with an Espeon on our team, but she kept turning me down, and I wasn't anything other than friends with anyone else, so...anyway, I think I've figured out now what I was missing. And...well...if you want to have someone else be your kids' dad, I get it, but...maybe we can help each other get what we need."

Old 08-14-2017, 10:54 AM   #31
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Kai recoiled slightly from the enthusiasm. He was... a bit intense, and probably looking for more than she was willing to give, but she couldn't fault him for trying. Admittedly, they had only just met, but here she was asking him to potentially father her children, which was a hell of a larger commitment than whatever Happy was looking for.

"You seem nice," she said, slowly, and despite the air of reluctance in her tone the words were genuine. "You kind of... come on strong, but-... who am I to judge?"

She laughed nervously. To her eavesdropping trainer, it just sounded like a bunch of guttural barks.

"I think you're looking for love in all the wrong places, but-... I'm the one asking strangers for kids, huh? Jeez... It's not like anyone was around to teach me the finer points of this nonsense. Am I supposed to fall in love first? I don't want to fall in love, I mean-... not with a mate, you know-?"

She began pacing, ranting more to herself than to Happy at this point. "Surrounded by a bunch of children and... you... And this is what my trainer thinks is an appropriate pool of suitors? I thought it would be simple -- I want eggs, males want to mate, just 1-2-3 and I could get on with my life and focus on raising my children but it isn't that easy is it?!"

Every fin on her body stood rigid when she turned back to Happy, thick and muscular tail swishing erratically.

"You seem like a perfectly upstanding male!" She yelled. Why was she yelling? She wasn't sure. She took a breath and steeled her nerves before they ran away with her. "It's not like I have many options, is it...? You're the only one here whose balls have actually dropped, I think."

She laughed. Less nervous, more contrived, and flopped down on the floor, sprawling out in exhaustion. She'd worked herself up pretty tightly. Her tail thumped the wood. Happy claimed to care about her, and in a way she cared about him, in as much as she cared about all Eeveelutions, with whom she felt a common bond of hardship -- their versality rendered them a novelty to humans and they were so often stripped of a quality of life in an effort to full fill that novelty; bred and sold like trinkets in shop windows.

"I would rather my children know where they come from. If you're willing to be a father to them, I'm willing to be a friend to you. I don't know that I can give you whatever it is you're looking for, but-... if nothing else, I can help you with the females. You're earnest; someone's bound to find that cute. You sort of remind me of an Eevee I knew once... He was cute, in an... Excitable way. He helped me evolve. The world needs earnest Pokémon like you. It offsets the ones like me."

She chuckled, genuinely this time. She didn't have many friends; making one, even a would-be Lothario like Happy, was quite nice.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:19 AM   #32
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Happy was taken aback more than once at Kai's multiple outbursts, but once she was laying down and had accepted his presence he was able to relax and smile again. "Well, you'd be the best friend I've ever had, and that's saying something since I've got a lot of friends! Plus you'd be the first friend I'd be making kids with, so that'd already make you a special friend of mine, haha!" He sat next to the sprawled Vaporeon and exhaled a small puff of hot air, still unsure if it was okay to make physical contact with her yet. "So, what do you think they'll be like? The kids, I mean," he asked Kai, looking at the Eevee playing around them.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:51 PM   #33
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

"I just hope they'll be happy," Kai murmured, before looking to the Flareon, and laughing. "They'll have a head start, I guess, won't they-?"

She sighed, more or less contentedly. She felt... better. More relaxed. At least she knew what she was doing, now. "They'll have the opportunity to become anything they want. My trainer has... all the stones, and the willingness to travel anywhere. 'Uala is kind of a mess, but means well, you know?"

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Last edited by Nerd Violence; 08-15-2017 at 03:56 PM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases