UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2018, 09:00 AM   #26
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post

King Ghidorah- After some deliberating, you decide the best option moving forward was to get your Houndoom to sniff out a lead on the Sawsbuck horns. You and Archie follow closely as the Houndoom sniffs around the ground, occasionally exhaling a bit of fire to melt the snow, revealing the earth below. Most of what she finds is worthless to your cause, just odd rocks and other objects.

Your Houndoom leads you deeper into the Wrath, at one point it feels like the temperature begins to drop and the snow seems to get deeper. Was this what Archie had mentioned earlier? Had you progressed to the next level of the Winter's Wrath? If things kept getting colder, it wouldn't be long before you were walking icicles. Houndoom seems to be having trouble picking up scents here, the deeper snow seems to be limiting the odours she can smell. You continue to walk aimlessly through the trees, perhaps you'd get lucky and stumble upon some Sawsbuck antlers by chance? Yeah that wasn't happening.....

Suddenly Houndoom perks up and rushes to a nearby tree. She sniffs around it, circling the tree continuously. You and Archie approach to get a closer look and it doesn't take long for Archie to realise why the Fire type is excited. "Take a look at this Hugo", Archie points out the deep gores in the bark, there was only one like source. "I've seen these marks before, these are the marks Sawsbuck leave when they are sharpening their antlers. This is the spot where we will find them, now we just have to locate them beneath the snow somehow, any ideas?
So this was turning out to be more challenging than Hugo expected. Houndoom had an extremely keen sense of smell, so he was taken aback when she began to struggle to pick up the scent in the increasingly deep snow. Nevertheless, he was still confident that he had made the right decision to select her on this part of the trial.

He felt a bit vindicated when Houndoom began excitedly circling the tree, knowing she’d pick on something eventually. He ran his fingers through the deep, jagged grooves in the tree bark while Archie explained their origin. This is where the Sawsbuck hone their antlers, and Archie was confident that they would find some that had been shed here.

Hugo reached down into the snow. It went up past his elbow and he still hadn’t reached the ground, and the coldness sank to his bones. Worse, the depth appeared to be consistent for as far as Hugo could see. Aimlessly digging here would not prove to be a fruitful venture, that much was clearly evident.

What to do, what to do. Archie and Houndoom looked to Hugo expectantly. Archie’s breath appeared as a cloud of condensation, as the warm air met the bitter cold of the wrath. Houndoom’s appeared to do the same, but on closer look, Hugo could see her breath was melting a small amount of snow with each exhalation. Her naturally higher internal body temperature was proving acting as a melting agent.

She had a number of Fire type moves at her disposal. Fire Spin might prove too unwieldy, Overheat might require too much effort, and Blast Burn might destroy everything, including the antlers buried in the snow. But Hugo didn’t need fire necessarily, he just needed to a blast of hot air.

“We could try digging,” Hugo said to Archie, “but that doesn’t seem very efficient. Plus, with snow this heavy, it would leave us exhausted. We need to try to conserve as much energy as we can. All of us. Houndoom, I think, can help us melt the snow without leaving her too drained, though.”

Hugo gestured to the expanse of snow around the tree.

“Houndoom, use Heat Wave. Melt the snow so we can find the antlers.”
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 06:56 PM   #27
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,911
King Ghidorah- After milling over a couple of different approaches to searching beneath the snow, you eventually decide on one decisive approach. You instruct your Houndoom to use Heat Wave, the attack would not only cover a large area, but its use of super heated air as opposed to flame would hopefully prevent any unwanted destruction. The Fire type inhales a rather large breath, it takes a bit longer than usual for her body to heat it, due to the cold, but eventually her maw snaps open. You and Archie shield your faces as the blistering wave of hot area spreads out in front of the Houndoom, melting the snow down to a puddle. You look around desperately, hoping to locate some antlers but it seems your efforts are fruitless.....

Ssswwwiiinnneee!!!!

A trio of cries ring out as the Heatwave washes over what you thought at first was a boulder, but as it turns you can clearly see it was a concealed Piloswine. Alongside the Piloswine is a pair of Swinub, likely its children, one of which seems to be sporting a nasty burn on its face, courtesy of your Houndoom's attack. The Piloswine scrapes aggressively at the ground and brandishes her short but sharp tusks. It seems you've made a bit of an enemy.

"Seems we've gotten ourselves into a spot of trouble Hugo", Archie notes, "I know you didn't mean to attack them, but I don't think they know that." You'd have to think carefully about how you proceed. You only had two Pokemon at your disposal and losing or weakening one this early would likely be costly. Was there a way to calm the fired up swine or was force the only way to proceed?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:12 PM   #28
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- After milling over a couple of different approaches to searching beneath the snow, you eventually decide on one decisive approach. You instruct your Houndoom to use Heat Wave, the attack would not only cover a large area, but its use of super heated air as opposed to flame would hopefully prevent any unwanted destruction. The Fire type inhales a rather large breath, it takes a bit longer than usual for her body to heat it, due to the cold, but eventually her maw snaps open. You and Archie shield your faces as the blistering wave of hot area spreads out in front of the Houndoom, melting the snow down to a puddle. You look around desperately, hoping to locate some antlers but it seems your efforts are fruitless.....

Ssswwwiiinnneee!!!!

A trio of cries ring out as the Heatwave washes over what you thought at first was a boulder, but as it turns you can clearly see it was a concealed Piloswine. Alongside the Piloswine is a pair of Swinub, likely its children, one of which seems to be sporting a nasty burn on its face, courtesy of your Houndoom's attack. The Piloswine scrapes aggressively at the ground and brandishes her short but sharp tusks. It seems you've made a bit of an enemy.

"Seems we've gotten ourselves into a spot of trouble Hugo", Archie notes, "I know you didn't mean to attack them, but I don't think they know that." You'd have to think carefully about how you proceed. You only had two Pokemon at your disposal and losing or weakening one this early would likely be costly. Was there a way to calm the fired up swine or was force the only way to proceed?
Upon being confronted by the Piloswine and her offspring, Houndoom immediately took a defensive stance, snarling and barking at the trio.

“NO!” snapped Hugo. “Down!” The Hellhound responded with reluctantly obedience and quiet, but silently bared her sharp fangs to the Piloswine.

“Alright, let’s all just think for a minute,” Hugo said to the group as a whole in an attempt to diffuse the situation. Clearly, the Piloswine didn’t understand or was opting to ignore to the request. And who could blame her? Hugo caught sight of the scorched, inflamed skin on one of the Swinub’s face where thick fur used to be. Poor thing. Looks like it hurts. Hugo certainly didn’t intend for that to happen, but the Piloswine wasn’t in the mood for mercy.

Houndoom could probably take out the Piloswine. They were weak to Fire after all. Then again, it was also half-Ground type. One strategically timed move could leave Houndoom lying in the snow, or, like Archie said, the battle in general could leave her too weak to go on. Battling would have to be a last resort it Hugo could avoid it.

“Not really sure how to negotiate with a Piloswine, Archie,” Hugo said sharply. The guide certainly wasn’t much help other than simply pointing things out. But not the time for that. Perhaps a peace offering could assuage the Swine Pokemon. Something that could help with the burn? Hugo knew just the thing.

Moving very slowly and diligently so as to not startle the Pokemon with any sudden movements, Hugo reached deep into his heavily packed gear. Near the bottom, he retrieved a small cloth bag which appeared to be holding some sort of small spherical rounded objects. From the back, Hugo pulled a Rawst Berry, it’s blue flesh stark against the white snow. They were known for their medicinal properties, particularly pertaining to burns.

“This…this is for your baby.” Hugo placed the berry on the ground and slowly rolled it toward the injured Swinub. “It’s okay, I promise. I didn’t mean to hurt anyone. Eat the berry. It will help with the burn.”

Hugo hoped this would work…
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 03:25 AM   #29
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,911
King Ghidorah- You quickly pull your Houndoom into line, this wasn't a fight worth fighting. The Fire type sticks its tail between its leg and retreats to your side, somewhat surprised by your choice of action. Your call was all about preservation, there was no telling what other issues you would encounter, if you could solve this one without violence you would. If you could relieve the Swinub of its burns then perhaps the Piloswine would settle, then everyone could get back to what they were doing. Digging through your bag, you carefully collect a Rawst Berry. The blue berry was renowned for its ability to heal burns. You roll it across the ground towards the injured Swinub, urging it to consume it. The berry never makes it to the Swinub however, as the Piloswine stops the berry short. Still unsure of your motives, it gives the berry a once over before encouraging its offspring to eat.

The Swinub consumes the Rawst berry with swift bites, the burn on its head glows an icy blue and begins to fade. The youngster looks to be on the mend and the Piloswine seems to have dropped its aggressive stance.

"Hang on I have an idea", Archie murmurs. "Piloswine and Swinub have an amazing sense of smell, but unlike your Houndoom they are built for smelling stuff beneath the snow. If we could somehow befriend them, we could get them to track the scent from the tree rubbings to the antlers." It was a solid plan, the only issue was going to be getting the Piloswine to help you out after you just attacked it. Sure you'd healed it's child, but you'd also inflicted the wound. You'd have to come up with something else if you were going to put the Piloswine's talents to work.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:22 PM   #30
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- You quickly pull your Houndoom into line, this wasn't a fight worth fighting. The Fire type sticks its tail between its leg and retreats to your side, somewhat surprised by your choice of action. Your call was all about preservation, there was no telling what other issues you would encounter, if you could solve this one without violence you would. If you could relieve the Swinub of its burns then perhaps the Piloswine would settle, then everyone could get back to what they were doing. Digging through your bag, you carefully collect a Rawst Berry. The blue berry was renowned for its ability to heal burns. You roll it across the ground towards the injured Swinub, urging it to consume it. The berry never makes it to the Swinub however, as the Piloswine stops the berry short. Still unsure of your motives, it gives the berry a once over before encouraging its offspring to eat.

The Swinub consumes the Rawst berry with swift bites, the burn on its head glows an icy blue and begins to fade. The youngster looks to be on the mend and the Piloswine seems to have dropped its aggressive stance.

"Hang on I have an idea", Archie murmurs. "Piloswine and Swinub have an amazing sense of smell, but unlike your Houndoom they are built for smelling stuff beneath the snow. If we could somehow befriend them, we could get them to track the scent from the tree rubbings to the antlers." It was a solid plan, the only issue was going to be getting the Piloswine to help you out after you just attacked it. Sure you'd healed it's child, but you'd also inflicted the wound. You'd have to come up with something else if you were going to put the Piloswine's talents to work.
”Alright, finally the kid has a useful idea,” Hugo thought to himself. The Piloswine family could definitely be useful, but the question was would they. Hugo fancied himself to be a smooth talker of sorts, so he maybe he could charm the…giant hairy ice monster and her pig children…? Probably not. He was going to have to be a bit more resourceful than that. Hugo noticed Houndoom curiously nosing at his backpack. Probably looking for more berries or some other kind of treat.

Hmm.

Perhaps if Hugo could get them to help through their stomachs. Perhaps if Hugo tempted them with a little food, they would do his dirty work for him. But he didn’t have much. He didn’t want to waste his berry stash; they were old but they were effective and came in handy on more than one occasion. But he did have some old Pokeblocks. Contests were never his thing, so the Pokeblocks that Hugo had collected over the years just took up space in his backpack. He might be killing two birds with one stone. He reached in and pulled out a Chocolate Pokeblock.

“MMM! I SURE DO LOVE CHOCOLATE!” he said loudly and with very poor subtlety. “IT’S SOOOOO GOOD!”

He was hoping to grab the Piloswine’s attention. Archie and Houndoom stared at Hugo blankly. “But you know, I reeaaaaally need those Sawsbuck antlers buried deep in the snow here. If only there was someone around here that was good at sniffing out things in the snow. I would be definitely give them this taaasty chocolate Pokeblock. Whatever will I do? Will anybody help?!”

Houndoom wanted to rip Hugo’s throat out right then and there, but, like a good companion, she refrained.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #31
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,911
King Ghidorah- With Archie finally presenting you with a decent idea, you begin to consider your options for wooing the Piloswine. The Ice types assistance would be invaluable, it would likely save you a tonne of time and energy, time and energy better spent elsewhere. You knew that the easiest way to win anyone over was through their stomachs, it was just a matter of working out what the Piloswine would want the most. Your options were limited, your berries were better off saved for a more specific use, plus the Piloswine could likely find its own berries. You needed something more tempting. It was then that you found the collection of old Pokeblocks, left gathering dust at the bottom of your backpack. This was perfect.

You pluck a Chocolate Pokeblock out and it isn't long before the Piloswine catches a whiff of the sweet treat. Its eyes wided and as you begin to describe the candy, you swear the Piloswine starts to salivate. As you mention the Sawsbuck Antlers, the Piloswine looks to its children, giving them a couple of short grunts as the trio gets to work. First they head over to the tree with the gouges in it. They give it a quick sniff to pick up the scent before turning and burying their heads into the snow. The trio break up to cover more ground, following the scent trails only their acute sense of smell can detect beneath the snow. It takes a minute but eventually one of the Swinub, the one that you'd accidentally burnt, lets out a large, triumphant grunt. The Piloswine quickly rushes to its side and clears away the snow, revealing a two set of discarded Sawsbuck Antlers in the snow.

You found two pairs of Sawsbuck Antlers!

"Oh looks like these two were fighting when they lost their antlers", Archie points out as the two sets of antlers were clearly entangled. "Better reward the Piloswine, don't want to make it angry again. Also I've been thinking about where to find the Spinarak. You remember how I said the trees they are found in never seem to be in the same place? Well I just remembered, every tale I've heard of them, the tree has always been next to water. So perhaps if we can find a water source, we will find the tree and the Spinarak."
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:59 PM   #32
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- With Archie finally presenting you with a decent idea, you begin to consider your options for wooing the Piloswine. The Ice types assistance would be invaluable, it would likely save you a tonne of time and energy, time and energy better spent elsewhere. You knew that the easiest way to win anyone over was through their stomachs, it was just a matter of working out what the Piloswine would want the most. Your options were limited, your berries were better off saved for a more specific use, plus the Piloswine could likely find its own berries. You needed something more tempting. It was then that you found the collection of old Pokeblocks, left gathering dust at the bottom of your backpack. This was perfect.

You pluck a Chocolate Pokeblock out and it isn't long before the Piloswine catches a whiff of the sweet treat. Its eyes wided and as you begin to describe the candy, you swear the Piloswine starts to salivate. As you mention the Sawsbuck Antlers, the Piloswine looks to its children, giving them a couple of short grunts as the trio gets to work. First they head over to the tree with the gouges in it. They give it a quick sniff to pick up the scent before turning and burying their heads into the snow. The trio break up to cover more ground, following the scent trails only their acute sense of smell can detect beneath the snow. It takes a minute but eventually one of the Swinub, the one that you'd accidentally burnt, lets out a large, triumphant grunt. The Piloswine quickly rushes to its side and clears away the snow, revealing a two set of discarded Sawsbuck Antlers in the snow.

You found two pairs of Sawsbuck Antlers!

"Oh looks like these two were fighting when they lost their antlers", Archie points out as the two sets of antlers were clearly entangled. "Better reward the Piloswine, don't want to make it angry again. Also I've been thinking about where to find the Spinarak. You remember how I said the trees they are found in never seem to be in the same place? Well I just remembered, every tale I've heard of them, the tree has always been next to water. So perhaps if we can find a water source, we will find the tree and the Spinarak."
“A deal is a deal,” Hugo said, placing the pokeblock in front of the very hungry Piloswine and her offspring. Hugo scooped up the antlers and placed them in his backpack, gently so as to not break or damage them any further.

“So…water?” Hugo asked. “What kind of water doesn’t freeze around here? With this cold, I’d think even the swiftest rivers would be big skating rinks.”

He said this a little condescendingly, really emphasizing his words so his hot breath formed a giant cloud in front of his face with each word. At the mention of water, Hugo could sense Houndoom getting a little uneasy. If they found it, they’d definitely have to be careful around it so as to not put Houndoom at risk.

Hugo noticed the swine family was still hanging around nibbling at the pokeblock bounty they had fallen into. “I mean…everybody needs water with their food, right? These guys are going to need a drink sooner or later. Maybe we can follow them.”

Hugo slowly approached the Piloswine so as to not startle her as she ate. He was trying to get through this without being gored and already had a close call.

“So uh…since we’re friends now, I could reaaaaally use some water. I’m sure you know where all the freshest streams are, right? I mean look at that coat of yours. So luxurious! You clearly know how to take care of yourself! Would you mind helping us find some water? Please?”

Would flattery work? We’ll see.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:27 AM   #33
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
After a bit of time, I'm here to bring Big and Lit under my wing in the Cradle. Excuse any errors or discrepancies, being in a depressive funk kinda bit at my creativity a fair chunk, but we'll roll with what we can offer.

bigggg5: Your arrival to the Cradle from lands and times unknown was impromptu and unexpected, yet the heat beating down on you is certainly something you confirm as a real thing. Getting your bearings, you find yourself in a vast savannah, and on confirming your location as conveniently being the mausoleum you have heard of, your immediate focus is on staving off heatstroke with the support of your Marill companion, who agrees with your detest of the temperature and sprays forth a cooling mist of water around you. With the sun no longer an immediate threat, you take a look around the approach to the Mausoleum of Giants, your goal in mind being to find and procure a fossil pokemon of sorts.

Wandering a short way, your eyesight is drawn towards a few small cabins erected ramshackled near some large marble rocks, and as you approach you realise three interesting facts. One, those cabins are occupied, judging by the movement within. Two, those marble rocks are actually a pair of enormous bones, baked by the searing sun into a substance not like rock. And three?

Just beyond the bone spires lies an immense plain littered with countless bone spires like the ones beside you, like blades of grass on a field. Each one is weathered and dry, and some of them are certainly too large to come from any pokemon. As Wake sprays the pair of you once more, you hear a voice calling to you from the cabins, as a figure appears at the doorway of one of them. Said figure is of a woman in her early forties, and she beckons for you to come. It would be rude of you to ignore her, and if you wanted information on a permit, perhaps she may know something.

With the immediate heat threat taken care of thanks to the assistance of Wake, Big now sets his sight on making use of the situation. The Oracle said he would find his fossil pokemon and he had to stay optimistic this was how he would do it. He soon is somewhat rewarded as he comes across some structures, first some cabins which luckily seem to be occupied, but he is more distracted by the absolutely massive pillars. They would be impressive as marble pillars but he is even more impressed when he realizes that these are just a few of the giant bones that the Mausoleum was known for, not to mention the field of more bones stretching out past them. He is only really taken back to the present when Wake gives them another douse of water. Big nods to the Marill appreciatively when his attention is called by the woman trying to grab it. Realizing it would be rude to ignore her, and that she would likely be his best option in trying to find what he is looking for.

He makes his way over towards her as quickly as he can. "Hello!" He calls out. "My name's Big. I'm a pokemon trainer on my journey." He starts to explain way too early. "I'm looking to try and find a fossil, and I heard that I might be able to find one here and I'm just looking to get a permit or whatever proper channels and help I can get to search for it."
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:33 PM   #34
Stormingwolf
Pokemon Trainer
 
Stormingwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post





Winter's Wrath: The deepest copse of the Wildwoods is also the most dangerous. Here, the winds howl and scream, the snow freezes into icy spears that tear into flesh and cloth, and the wild pokemon are among the most brutal and merciless in the entire Cradle. Here and there the frozen remains of foolish adventurers lay, either huddled in a frozen tomb or in fragments scattered in small rings. The Sirunsa stay well clear of this land, except for the young men who venture into this bitter waste as a rite of passage. Those who wish to truly earn the respect of the Palearchean natives may accept the rite for themselves, but be warned: once you enter the copse, you are either leaving a hero, or never leaving.



"Rolu, you're an odd one"
"I never expected y-you to g-g-go to such a cold place..."
"I shouldn't have been so stubborn."

Storm was acting rather light about the situation, even though he was turning blue from the cold.
Rolu seemed fine in the cold, it seemed that he was used to such harsh temperatures.

The two were moving at an uneven pace through the vast snowy plains. The winds were growing stronger by the minute.
It became hard to see where the two were going.
Storm and Rolu got seperated in the frigid wasteland.

Rolu noticed the sudden lack of of Storm's presence behind him. He looked around, only to discover that the path behind him was blocked of by ice.
The Riolu tried to break the ice, but his attempts were in vain.
He had to find Storm. If he can't, then the sickly trainer will surely meet his end.
So Rolu continued on, trying to detect Storm's presence.
The icy winds hindered the reach of Rolu's perception.
Where was Storm?

Storm stumbled around in the snow. He eventually found a loose ice spear to use as a temporary cane, it was better than nothing.
"I have to find Rolu, my chances of surviving are very low without him"
"I..."
"I hope that he's okay"
"I've read that there are frozen remains of other unlucky individuals here"
"Let's not run into those."
Storm was mumbling to himself, his hands were numb.
He started to pick up the pace after picking a seemingly random direction.

"I was always just a person among the masses of humanity."
"Will I still be considered as juist that if I perish"
"Memories always seem sweeter than reality"
"Who knows? Maybe I won't be as worthless as a memory"

By now, Storm was crawling through the snow.


Stormingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 06:35 PM   #35
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,911
King Ghidorah- Although you are sceptical about finding any unfrozen water in this frozen forest, you hatch a plan to exploit the Piloswine and its children once more. After something as sweet as chocolate, surely they'd need a drink shortly? You put your silver tongue to work, whispering sweet thoughts of water into their ears. They simply give you a weird look before turning and heading off through the snow.

"I guess we just follow them then?" Archie asks. You follow at a distance, not wanting to force the Piloswine into going somewhere else. You follow it deeper into the Winter's Wrath, the conditions worsen as you do.

Bittercold stage 2: The intensifying cold affects many pokemon, and cold-sensitive Pokemon suffer greatly within. The previes tier of Pokemon now take a Blizzard;s worth of damage each update, and all non Ice Pokemon or thermally insulated Pokemon will have their speed permanently cut by 1 stage within the cold.

The Piloswine seems intent on leading you on the most awkward path possible. You're forced to crawl through brambles, the thick thorns even manage to penetrate through your thick clothing. Next your forced to inch your way across a frozen lake, there was certainly no way of getting water out of there without a large amount of effort. Finally you're forced to push your way through snow drifts so high you can barely see your Houndoom's head! It's all worth it however, as you finally reach your destination. Steam rises from the thermal spring, you could feel the warmth drawing you in. The Piloswine begins to drink from the water, as do its children. Looking over to the far side of the spring, you spot a large white tree with some of its roots hanging down into the water. The tree has beautiful red leaves and between its branches you can just make out what looks to be Spinarak webs.

"Oh that is the tree!" Archie shouts, "we should get a closer look and see if we can find a shiny Spinarak."
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:35 PM   #36
Maskerade
Thunder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- You gladly accept the challenge of the fight, sledging the hulking Sirunsan warrior with words you are certain he doesn't understand. However there is one word that the brute seems to recognise, his eyes light up as the word Slaking slips from your lips.

"You want Slaking?" He lets out a booming laugh as he then begins to beat on his chest, much like the Slaking you had compared him to. Moments later a similar sound rings out in reply, the sound is quickly followed by tremors, the ground was shaking! It seemed your sharp tongue had landed you in trouble, as a rather large Slaking drags itself between two huts, barely managing to fit through the gap. Dragging itself on its knuckles, the Slaking comes to a stop beside its companion, now seeing them side by side you realise just how accurate your quip was. The pair shared a striking resemblance, however you notice that the Slaking seems to be missing an eye, its left eye is closed over, a long pink scar cuts through the skin.

"Why did you have to say Slaking?" The boy chimes, "no challenger has ever beaten his Slaking." Just because no challenger had beaten it, didn't mean that it wasn't possible though. You notice a fire burning in your Totodile's eyes, it seems the size of his adversary hasn't managed to quash his fighting spirit.

"Time for battle", slurs the brutish warrior, "Slaking, Bulk Up then Body Slam."

Slaaaaaaaaking

The Slaking rears back onto its legs, flexing as its muscles swell, increasing its attack and defence. Totodile would have his hands full, you'd have to think carefully if you were going to overcome this monumental challenge.
The irony of the situation was completely lost on Tama. The Alolan boy's eyes glimmered with excitement in the face of his very first real battle away from his home isle, and not even the massive, roaring Slaking standing in front of him made his resolve waver. This was his biggest break yet!

"Now we're talkin'! Totodile, be careful not to mistake the two, ok? The one with slightly less hair is the Trainer!"

Rowlet, flying overhead, cringed at the taunt. Did Tama not realize the danger Totodile was in? A single Body Slam from that Slaking could leave the crocodile with much more than some bruises...

Tama, however, knew exactly what he was doing, despite his obvious hubris and less-than-mature mindset. Battling was something he just knew how to do - it had always come to him naturally, even Hala had told him that much. Whether he was good enough to defeat a fully-evolved titan with his small Totodile, however, remained to be seen.

"Let him come Totodile, don't be afraid! When he lunges at you, Dig out of the way, then pop back out to hit him with a Scald while he's on the ground!" Tama knew he shouldn't count on any lasting Burns; Totodile was all about brute, Sheer Force after all. "Then while he's loafing around with Truant, try to speed up with a Dragon Dance!"

Getting caught by that thing would be trouble. Tama knew Totodile had to remain mobile and strike from a distance, even if the spunky Water-Type preferred to fight up-close. The boy cracked his knuckles and smirked at the large man across the makeshift battlefield.

"Well? Try to keep up!"
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:25 AM   #37
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- Although you are sceptical about finding any unfrozen water in this frozen forest, you hatch a plan to exploit the Piloswine and its children once more. After something as sweet as chocolate, surely they'd need a drink shortly? You put your silver tongue to work, whispering sweet thoughts of water into their ears. They simply give you a weird look before turning and heading off through the snow.

"I guess we just follow them then?" Archie asks. You follow at a distance, not wanting to force the Piloswine into going somewhere else. You follow it deeper into the Winter's Wrath, the conditions worsen as you do.

Bittercold stage 2: The intensifying cold affects many pokemon, and cold-sensitive Pokemon suffer greatly within. The previes tier of Pokemon now take a Blizzard;s worth of damage each update, and all non Ice Pokemon or thermally insulated Pokemon will have their speed permanently cut by 1 stage within the cold.

The Piloswine seems intent on leading you on the most awkward path possible. You're forced to crawl through brambles, the thick thorns even manage to penetrate through your thick clothing. Next your forced to inch your way across a frozen lake, there was certainly no way of getting water out of there without a large amount of effort. Finally you're forced to push your way through snow drifts so high you can barely see your Houndoom's head! It's all worth it however, as you finally reach your destination. Steam rises from the thermal spring, you could feel the warmth drawing you in. The Piloswine begins to drink from the water, as do its children. Looking over to the far side of the spring, you spot a large white tree with some of its roots hanging down into the water. The tree has beautiful red leaves and between its branches you can just make out what looks to be Spinarak webs.

"Oh that is the tree!" Archie shouts, "we should get a closer look and see if we can find a shiny Spinarak."
The whole group was definitely a bit worse for wear after the Piloswine lead them down the unbeaten path.

“Great. Now I have snow in my crack,” Hugo announced, with annoyance in his voice. Archie shot him an uncomfortable look. “Uh..I mean…great! We made it!”

Near the hot spring, he noticed the fine silken webs hanging from the frosted trees. In other conditions, he could probably admire their delicate beauty. But here in the Wrath, there was little time for nature’s beauty.

The chill in the air was getting worse. The exertion of finding the water helped keep Hugo warm, however now, as he stood still deep in the woods, he was overcome with ache.

Even more alarmingly, he noticed that Houndoom was shivering. It was a slight shiver, and it was only happening intermittently. Nevertheless, the cold permeating a Fire type like Houndoom was nothing short of catastrophic. Time was beginning to run out if Hugo expected them all to get out of this alive.

“We need to hurry,” Hugo said to the group. Any tinge of humor was gone, replaced only by grave concern. Houndoom shivered a bit more violently before snapping her jaws and shooting small flames from her nostrils, warming herself at least temporarily.

“Shiny Spinarak…they have to be very rare, right? Are we just going to eyeball it or is there any way we can clearly identify if this is the work of what we want? I’m not sure if we have time for guess-and-test here, Archie.”

They marched toward the tree.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 08:41 PM   #38
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,911
Maskerade- Despite the drastic size difference, you remain confident that your Totodile can best this Slaking. Any onlookers would likely think you were in too deep, but you find yourself feeling pumped and ready to go. As the Slaking jumps into the air, preparing to squash your Totodile under the weight of its giant frame. Thinking fast, you urge the Water type to Dig and dig he does! The little croc's tails disappears under the ground just as the Slaking lands, the impact sends tremors through the ground, almost knocking you off your feet. Totodile erupts from the ground a few metres away, he appears a bit shaken up. The impact still managed to hurt him, but at least he avoided getting pinned beneath the Slaking. Looking to get one back on the behemoth, Totodile fires a boiling jet of water at the Normal type, dealing a powerful blow. Unfortunately the attack fails to burn due to his ability, cutting the ape's attack in half would have come in handy!

The Slaking sloths around, the downside to its own ability. If you could exploit it, the Slaking's truant ability could be its undoing, but it would be hard to tell when the Slaking is ready to attack again. While the beast slumbers, Totodile dances, working himself into a frenzy. He feels empowered as he receives a boost to his attack and speed, certainly a boon to his cause. As he comes to a stop, the Slaking rises to its feet. It beats strongly on its chest, it was ready to fight again! Totodile waits at the ready, what would the Slaking come at him with?


King Ghidorah- Having found the tree, you ask Archie whether it is possible to tell the difference between the silk of a shiny Spinarak and that of a regular one. Shiny Pokemon were rare, extremely rare, the likeliness of find one was slim. "I'm afraid the only way we will be able to tell is locating the shiny Spinarak itself. Thankfully I'm a skilled climber, I'm sure it will be easy enough to spot once I'm up in the branches." You watch as Archie quickly pulls himself up into the tree, moving from branch to branch as deftly as an Aipom. You wait patiently with your Houndoom, the fire type snorts the occasional flame in an attempt to warm itself. After some searching, Archie shouts down to you.

"I found it, the shiny Spinarak, I found it!" Suddenly the tree begins to shift. At first you consider this to be due to the wind, but it soon becomes apparent that the tree is moving of its on free will. An eye flickers to life and two large, clawed branches descend as the giant shiny Trevenant pulls its roots from the ground. "Arceus get me down from here!" Archie screams, "it all makes sense now. This Trevenant must travel through the Wrath in search of water sources, that's why the tree is never found in the same place!"

The Ghost/Grass type swipes around at you with a Shadow Claw, thankfully your Houndoom pushes you out of the path of the attack. The branches slam into the Fire type, sending it flying through the air before it crashes down in the chilling snow. It seems the Trevenant doesn't like being disturbed, it would likely need to be subdued before Archie could escape without harm.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:08 AM   #39
Maskerade
Thunder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- Despite the drastic size difference, you remain confident that your Totodile can best this Slaking. Any onlookers would likely think you were in too deep, but you find yourself feeling pumped and ready to go. As the Slaking jumps into the air, preparing to squash your Totodile under the weight of its giant frame. Thinking fast, you urge the Water type to Dig and dig he does! The little croc's tails disappears under the ground just as the Slaking lands, the impact sends tremors through the ground, almost knocking you off your feet. Totodile erupts from the ground a few metres away, he appears a bit shaken up. The impact still managed to hurt him, but at least he avoided getting pinned beneath the Slaking. Looking to get one back on the behemoth, Totodile fires a boiling jet of water at the Normal type, dealing a powerful blow. Unfortunately the attack fails to burn due to his ability, cutting the ape's attack in half would have come in handy!

The Slaking sloths around, the downside to its own ability. If you could exploit it, the Slaking's truant ability could be its undoing, but it would be hard to tell when the Slaking is ready to attack again. While the beast slumbers, Totodile dances, working himself into a frenzy. He feels empowered as he receives a boost to his attack and speed, certainly a boon to his cause. As he comes to a stop, the Slaking rises to its feet. It beats strongly on its chest, it was ready to fight again! Totodile waits at the ready, what would the Slaking come at him with?
Tama grinned as his strategy paid off. Of course it did.

"That all you got?" he asked tauntingly, unsure if his opponent could even understand his language well enough to get riled up. "Because Totodile and I are just gettin' started!"

The crocodile nodded in confirmation, just as eager to keep going as the Alolan boy. Elekid, meanwhile, shook his head in frustration, forced to watch on from the sidelines as the gap between Totodile and him continued to widen.

"We can't let that thing get close! Totodile, you gotta make the most of your speed advantage!" Confident as he always was, even Tama could tell what would likely happen if Slaking succeeded in landing a clean hit. "If he manages to get too close for comfort, dash out of the way immediately with Aqua Jet to put some distance between you! While you got an opening though, go for another Scald - this time aim it at his eyes, try it twice if you have to!"

The difference in power was unquestionable, so all Tama could do was bide his time until a big opportunity presented itself - Totodile's strong suit was close quarters combat, but until he could be sure the tables wouldn't turn on them, he had to play it safe. Maybe a blast of boiling hot water to the face could blind Slaking long enough to give Totodile the opening for a bigger strike, but for now, they'd have to keep their cool.

Totodile growled, mentally preparing himself, but Tama could tell he was getting frustrated. This wasn't the way he liked to fight - the young croc hated hit-and-run opponents, and was visibly uncomfortable employing that very strategy. Tama could only hope his partner didn't decide to take matters into his own hands mid-fight...
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:45 AM   #40
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- Having found the tree, you ask Archie whether it is possible to tell the difference between the silk of a shiny Spinarak and that of a regular one. Shiny Pokemon were rare, extremely rare, the likeliness of find one was slim. "I'm afraid the only way we will be able to tell is locating the shiny Spinarak itself. Thankfully I'm a skilled climber, I'm sure it will be easy enough to spot once I'm up in the branches." You watch as Archie quickly pulls himself up into the tree, moving from branch to branch as deftly as an Aipom. You wait patiently with your Houndoom, the fire type snorts the occasional flame in an attempt to warm itself. After some searching, Archie shouts down to you.

"I found it, the shiny Spinarak, I found it!" Suddenly the tree begins to shift. At first you consider this to be due to the wind, but it soon becomes apparent that the tree is moving of its on free will. An eye flickers to life and two large, clawed branches descend as the giant shiny Trevenant pulls its roots from the ground. "Arceus get me down from here!" Archie screams, "it all makes sense now. This Trevenant must travel through the Wrath in search of water sources, that's why the tree is never found in the same place!"

The Ghost/Grass type swipes around at you with a Shadow Claw, thankfully your Houndoom pushes you out of the path of the attack. The branches slam into the Fire type, sending it flying through the air before it crashes down in the chilling snow. It seems the Trevenant doesn't like being disturbed, it would likely need to be subdued before Archie could escape without harm. [/COLOR]
Hugo laid slackjawed, stunned by the sudden turn of events. He looked to his left and saw Archie shrieking in the grasp of the shiny ghost tree. To his right, Houndoom lie in a heap in the snow having absorbed the Trevenant’s blow that was intended for Hugo.

“shitshitshitshit,” Hugo muttered to himself as he rushed over to Houndoom. The hellhound was slowly trying to get to her feet. The Shadow Claw hurt, but thankfully with Houndoom being half-dark type, it was not very effective. Still, it was clear that the blow combined with the unforgiving cold had taken it’s toll on Houndoom. Should she continue or should Hugo turn to plan B?

He could only use one more Pokemon after Houndoom in the Wrath. But Houndoom was hurting, so certainly it meant it was time to bring out somebody else to fight the Trevenant, right? Then again, Hugo didn’t know what else he might encounter in the Wrath. Perhaps whatever Pokemon he called out now wouldn’t be fit for the test and neither would Houndoom, and then what would he do? At the same time though, if he lost Houndoom now and he needed her later, he would be in trouble. But yet, why have two Pokemon take damage? Houndoom was Dark/Fire, while the Trevanant was Ghost/Grass. Strategically speaking, Houndoom had a double type advantage.

“Ah, fuck it,” Hugo uttered, turning to Houndoom. “Are you okay? Do you think you can handle this one?” In response, Houndoom tossed her head back and released a spine-chilling howl. Clearly she wasn’t ready to give up yet.

“Okay! Houndoom, use Throat Chop! Follow it up with Heat Wave!”
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 06:20 PM   #41
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,911
Maskerade- You'd started off well but the battle has only just started. With the Slaking ready to move once more, Totodile quickly blasts the Normal type with another Scald. This time he aims for the eyes, hoping the hot water will irritate the gorilla's eyes. If he could manage to damage the Slaking's vision, he'd have a better chance of keeping out of its grasp. The Slaking doesn't appear to be that bothered though, if anything it seems angrier, but who wouldn't be after getting shot in the face with scalding hot water?

"Why you play hard to get?" The hulking Sirunsan questions, "you can't avoid forever. Slaking, Shock Wave, Double Team."

The Slaking rises onto its hind legs, beating its chest as electricity swarms around its fists. Totodile grimaces in fear as the Slaking slams its fists into the ground, sending a shock wave of electricity pulsing across the ground. Totodile jets upward with an Aqua Jet, but fails to avoid the blow, the electricity giving him a mighty shock. He surges forward to land another blow , striking the Slaking across the shoulder before following through to land behind him. The beast turns to face him, but instead of chasing after him, the Slaking begins to vibrate. Totodile is left overwhelmed as multiple copies of the Slaking spread out around him. In unison the Slakings yawn and drop to the ground to recover once more. Totodile lashes out at the closest Slaking, firing another Scald. The water breaks straight through the Slaking, causing the illusion to dissipate. There were still plenty remaining however, and while the Slaking was resting now, it wouldn't be long before it was back on the attack.



King Ghidorah- Despite the conditions, you decide to place your faith in your Houndoom and the type advantage she holds. However you have a feeling in your gut that there is something special about this Trevenant, other than the fact that it is Shiny and more than 5 times the size of a regular Trevenant. Houndoom bares its teeth, it seems the Fire type is eager for revenge. She surges forward, dashing through the snow. The canine leaps for the Trevenant's trunk, smashing her paw into the trunk with a powerful blow that sends splinters scattering. Red eyes glare down at her as she lands back in the snow, if the Trevenant wasn't angry at first, it surely was now. A pair of its long root-like legs Dig beneath the ground, disappearing from sight. Houndoom looks around uneasily, she could sense what the Trevenant was up to. She jumps to the left as the first root emerges, only for the second to shoot up beneath her. The blow sends her staggering backwards, it seemed the Trevenant wasn't short on cunning.

Looking to press her type advantage, Houndoom exhales a powerful Heat Wave. The attack melts the snow as it pushes towards the Trevenant, but the old tree has another trick up its leaves. You are left shocked as the Trevenant summons a powerful Blizzard, an attack that it shouldn't have access to. The two wind based attacks collide and your Houndoom's Heat Wave is quickly overpowered. The air seems to grow colder and the snowfall grows stronger, it seems the conditions are worsening.

Bittercold Stage 3- The chill is too strong for sensitive Pokemon to survive and any sent out or currently in the field will be KO'd. Non-Ice Pokemon will suffer effective paralysis from the chill and Pokemon will find their Fire attacks reduced by the cold the same was as in rain. Ice type moves will be boosted by 50% and Water type moves will now be considered Ice type moves.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:01 AM   #42
Maskerade
Thunder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- You'd started off well but the battle has only just started. With the Slaking ready to move once more, Totodile quickly blasts the Normal type with another Scald. This time he aims for the eyes, hoping the hot water will irritate the gorilla's eyes. If he could manage to damage the Slaking's vision, he'd have a better chance of keeping out of its grasp. The Slaking doesn't appear to be that bothered though, if anything it seems angrier, but who wouldn't be after getting shot in the face with scalding hot water?

"Why you play hard to get?" The hulking Sirunsan questions, "you can't avoid forever. Slaking, Shock Wave, Double Team."

The Slaking rises onto its hind legs, beating its chest as electricity swarms around its fists. Totodile grimaces in fear as the Slaking slams its fists into the ground, sending a shock wave of electricity pulsing across the ground. Totodile jets upward with an Aqua Jet, but fails to avoid the blow, the electricity giving him a mighty shock. He surges forward to land another blow , striking the Slaking across the shoulder before following through to land behind him. The beast turns to face him, but instead of chasing after him, the Slaking begins to vibrate. Totodile is left overwhelmed as multiple copies of the Slaking spread out around him. In unison the Slakings yawn and drop to the ground to recover once more. Totodile lashes out at the closest Slaking, firing another Scald. The water breaks straight through the Slaking, causing the illusion to dissipate. There were still plenty remaining however, and while the Slaking was resting now, it wouldn't be long before it was back on the attack.
Tama's plan had every reason to succeed - attack from a distance, dodge everything. And that was exactly the problem: "dodging everything" is not exactly a fool-proof strategy. Especially not when the opponent knows attacks that can reach you no matter what. Electrical ones, to make matters worse.

Tama watched as the lightning bolt tracked the escaping Totodile and engulfed him .To make matters worse, the croc was already enveloped in water from his Aqua Jet, further conducting electricity and making for a devastating blow. Totodile fell hard to the floor, and still struggled to strike Slaking with a second Scald blast, but the effect was minimal. Finally, the gigantic opponent growled and multiplied into dozens of copies of itself...

This isn't good... I don't even know where to start! And if Totodile stays stunned like that, a single punch from Slaking could...

Totodile was stumbling, looking around in confusion at the multitude of Slaking. He realized the same thing as Tama - things had taken a turn for the worse, and while he was able to keep his distance before, now he wouldn't even know which strikes to defend against! But instead of standing back and awaiting further instructions, the Water-Type grinned, against all odds and much to Tama's confusion. He felt something, a surge of confidence... a surge of power.

Unlike Tama, Elekid knew what was about to happen. He clutched his fists in frustration, irritated that the gap between them had grown that large. Totodile's body started glowing, he grew in size, his fangs became sharper. When the light faded, he was a Totodile no more, but a fierce !

"Woah! Totodile, you... you evolved!"

The Croconaw's grin widened, even in the face of an army of Slaking. He felt his strength and speed increased well beyond the boost of his Dragon Dance. And Tama knew this was the moment to go all out!

"Okay buddy, we're doing this! Croconaw, blast those illusions away with a widespread Blizzard! Then, when you've pinpointed the real Slaking, propel yourself with Aqua Jet and use the extra momentum to hit a Dragon Claw!!"

He didn't care about tactics anymore - he was as pumped as Croconaw now, and he was about to show Slaking and that sirunsan the full extent of their collective power, even if it meant risking everything here!
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:37 PM   #43
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 416

Stormingwolf:

Your mind rolled over in on itself, what are you, who are you. Are you something in this world, do you really matter?
It seemed to be caused by this separation of you and your partner Rolu, or was it how you normally thought? Who knows.

You crawled forward, driven by the need to return to your friend. The cold bit into your skin through your clothing, the wind howled around you.
Its voice picked up in pitch, lowered, and warbled.

But.... wait... What was that?

CLICKKKK tick tick tick

This new sound was loud, loud enough to be heard over the howling wind.
It was close, but what was it. A human, a Pokemon?

You stopped crawling for a moment and sat up.
The snow swirled around close to you, making it hard to see what was going on, hard to pinpoint what was making the noise.

Meanwhile, Rolu was dealing with problems of his own.

Rolu tried reaching out with his aural perception to find Storm, his partner.
But it was of no use. He couldn't find Storm, and that was alarming considering he had a range of up to a mile.

Were they really a mile apart?

Rustle Rustle


What was that? Perhaps it was Storm?
But why couldn't Rolu feel him?

Rolu took a step closer to the rustling noise.
The wind was a bit calmer here, more like a breeze. So Rolu could hear a bit better than Storm.

What will the two of you do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kawaii: last update


Last edited by Prof.Enigma; 01-04-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Prof.Enigma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:01 PM   #44
Stormingwolf
Pokemon Trainer
 
Stormingwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post

Stormingwolf:

Your mind rolled over in on itself, what are you, who are you. Are you something in this world, do you really matter?
It seemed to be caused by this separation of you and your partner Rolu, or was it how you normally thought? Who knows.

You crawled forward, driven by the need to return to your friend. The cold bit into your skin through your clothing, the wind howled around you.
Its voice picked up in pitch, lowered, and warbled.

But.... wait... What was that?

CLICKKKK tick tick tick

This new sound was loud, loud enough to be heard over the howling wind.
It was close, but what was it. A human, a Pokemon?

You stopped crawling for a moment, and sat up.
The snow swirled around close to you, making it hard to see what was going on, hard to pinpoint what was making the noise.

Meanwhile, Rolu was dealing with problems of his own.

Rolu tried reaching out with his aural perception to find Storm, his partner.
But it was of no use. He couldn't find storm, and that was alarming considering he had a range of up to a mile.

Were they really a mile apart?

Rustle Rustle


What was that? Perhaps it was Storm?
But why couldn't Rolu feel him?

Rolu took a step closer to the rustling noise.
The wind was a bit calmer here, more like a breeze. So Rolu could hear a bit better than Storm.

What will the two of you do?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kawaii: last update


Storm was crawling through the snow

"Where's Rolu?"
"I cannot hope to survive without him"
"Please let him be alright...."

Storm crawled forward at a slow pace, the winds were against him.
His clothes did little to protect him against the deathly cold.

Then, there was a clicking sound in the distance.
One loud enough to be heard above the chilling wind.

It was close enough to reach.

"Maybe it's an illusion of sound"
"People often get those when they're close to d-death"
"I don't really have another choice...'

Storm stood up somewhat weakly and made his way over to the strange ticking noise.


Rolu was alone in the cold, harsh snow filled winds obscured his view.

Rolu could not locate Storm's aura, so the Riolu continued walking while carefullly scanning the area.

But there seemed to be nothing in the icy wasteland.

Suddenly, there was a rustling sound.
Loud enough to be heard over the howling winds.

Rolu took a step in the direction of the noise.
He tried to sense Storm's aura, but it wasn't there.

The rustling noise was the only sign of life in this place.
So Rolu decided to carefully follow the noise.

The fate of Rolu and Storm seems to remain unclear...

Stormingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:19 PM   #45
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post


King Ghidorah- Despite the conditions, you decide to place your faith in your Houndoom and the type advantage she holds. However you have a feeling in your gut that there is something special about this Trevenant, other than the fact that it is Shiny and more than 5 times the size of a regular Trevenant. Houndoom bares its teeth, it seems the Fire type is eager for revenge. She surges forward, dashing through the snow. The canine leaps for the Trevenant's trunk, smashing her paw into the trunk with a powerful blow that sends splinters scattering. Red eyes glare down at her as she lands back in the snow, if the Trevenant wasn't angry at first, it surely was now. A pair of its long root-like legs Dig beneath the ground, disappearing from sight. Houndoom looks around uneasily, she could sense what the Trevenant was up to. She jumps to the left as the first root emerges, only for the second to shoot up beneath her. The blow sends her staggering backwards, it seemed the Trevenant wasn't short on cunning.

Looking to press her type advantage, Houndoom exhales a powerful Heat Wave. The attack melts the snow as it pushes towards the Trevenant, but the old tree has another trick up its leaves. You are left shocked as the Trevenant summons a powerful Blizzard, an attack that it shouldn't have access to. The two wind based attacks collide and your Houndoom's Heat Wave is quickly overpowered. The air seems to grow colder and the snowfall grows stronger, it seems the conditions are worsening.

Bittercold Stage 3- The chill is too strong for sensitive Pokemon to survive and any sent out or currently in the field will be KO'd. Non-Ice Pokemon will suffer effective paralysis from the chill and Pokemon will find their Fire attacks reduced by the cold the same was as in rain. Ice type moves will be boosted by 50% and Water type moves will now be considered Ice type moves.
“Alright, forget it, this isn’t working,” Hugo said, the anxiety in his voice. He rushed over to Houndoom, who appeared to be getting weaker by the second. The heavy snow and frigid temperatures were simply becoming too much for even a powerful Fire Pokemon like Houndoom to overcome. It took Hugo a while to come to this realization, and he tried to play it out as long as he could, but there was no doubt that he needed to make a change and needed to do it now.

He could go for another Fire type. Ponyta or even Salandit in regular conditions could dispose of this Trevenant, but seeing how Houndoom was faring, neither of them would probably do much better. If the Fire types wouldn’t be able to fight their way out of this one, what hope did Hugo’s other Pokemon have? They didn’t have the natural protections against snow and cold. They would probably freeze on the spot.

Well, except one.

Before the Trevenant could take another shot at Houndoom, Hugo whipped a Pokeball from his pack and released Weavile. He was the best bet given the conditions, and Hugo, having hit his two Pokemon limit, was putting his faith in him.

The Sharp Claw Pokemon materialized in front of him, fanning it’s headpiece and extending it’s claws, eager for the fight. The cold didn’t even seem to phase Weavile…at least not yet.

“We’re going to end this right now,” Hugo announced, tossing Weavile a small, light blue crystal. Weavile caught it and flashed a devilish grin. It was Icium-Z.

Hugo maneuvered himself into the Z-Move pose, embarrassing as it looked.

“Weavile use SUBZERO SLAMMER!”
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:55 PM   #46
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,911
Maskerade- Totodile was really feeling the pressure. He could feel the energy growing, he needed to surpass his limits, really push himself. Turns out a little pressure was all he needed to trigger his evolution, the little crocodile grows bigger as he evolves into a Croconaw! With the evolution came additional bulk, it still wasn't enough to rival that of the Slaking, but you couldn't just keep playing at a distance. Sensing the strengthened confidence in your Croconaw, you urge him to pull out all the stops.

Croconaw gives a toothy smile before opening his giant maw, spewing out a blizzard of ice and snow. The snow ploughs through the illusions one by one, the Water type slowly spins, cutting them down as he goes. Eventually he hits his mark, one of the Slaking's doesn't disappear, instead it groans. As it slowly climbs back to its feet, Croconaw propels itself forward with another Aqua Jet, gathering speed as it aims for the Slaking's chest. As he nears his target, he stretches out his claws, coated in dragon energy he prepares to strike. Standing on its hide legs, the Slaking starts skidding backwards through the dirt as Croconaw collides with it, dealing a staggering blow. The Water type continues to push forward, the Slaking slowly giving ground.

"Body Slam, Yawn!", the Sirunsan shouts, the Slaking follows. The Normal type wraps his arms around Croconaw, bringing him into an embrace. It then topples forward, pinning Croconaw between it and the hard ground. Still embracing the Croconaw like a stuffed animal, the Slaking yawns, a bright pink bubble floats out of its mouth and pops on Croconaw's snout. The Water type's eyes begin to grow heavy, sleep wasn't far away. The Slaking simply lays there, hugging Croconaw tightly as it waits for its opponent to succumb to slumber.


King Ghidorah- With the Trevenant putting up a bigger fight than you thought, you decide it is best to recall your Houndoom. The Fire type doesn't look pleased as you pull it back into its ball, but you know it is for the best. After some quick consideration, you conclude that it is best to go with an Ice type, considering the effects of the Bittercold would be a detriment to most of your Pokemon. Weavile was the best option, just like Houndoom it held two type advantages over the Trevenant, only it was immune to the effects of the Bittercold.

The Dark type looked confident, it was certainly in its element. Even so, you didn't want to risk a drawn out battle, so you place your faith in the power of a Z Move. With the Icium Z placed firmly in your Z Ring, you and Weavile work through the dance in unison. Rising up on a pillar of ice, Weavile fires a tremendous beam of ice at the Trevenant, freezing it from the base of its trunk right up to its lowest branches. The ice then explodes, sending shards flying through the forest, the Trevenant sags, its branches hang low.

It seems the fight isn't over though, as the Trevenant's mouth opens and three Phantump float out. The young ghosts look angry, like, really angry. They rush forward, intent on inflicting as much pain on Weavile as possible. The Dark type takes evasive action, but he is simply outnumbered. Every time he avoids one, another comes at him, slamming him with a Power-Up Punch. Not only are the Phantump inflicting super effective damage, but they're growing stronger with every hit. With the Trevenant recovering, Archie begins to descend, hopefully he can make it down before the Trevenant is ready to attack again.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:55 PM   #47
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,685
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
biggggg5: Given your presence and the woman beckoning for you, it would be rude of you not to approach as you and Wake head for the cabins and begin your introductions to her as you get closer. It is only when you close in that you find that the woman's physical appearance is deceptive, as she looks at you with weary eyes with dark bags and exhaustion on her face, yet giving a bright outlook and a smile that's so feigned that it would make a Porygon look organic, her dusty garb bearing a few rips here and there.

On your mention of fossils, her smile widens even as her shoulders slump as she nods. "Oh yes...many fossils here. Lots of digging to do...come in, come in..." she chirps, practically dragging you into the cabin to your surprise as Wake bounces after you. The interior of the portable building is as whitewashed as the bones on the outside, with a main room filled by a single large table littered with all sorts of rocks and debris. As you stand there, the woman raises a finger before darting through a door, seemingly to fetch something leaving you and Wake to yourselves.

Taking a quick look over the rocks on the table, you expect some sort of evidence of fossils, but are disheartened to find no trace of anything. Indeed, it appears as though the rocks are just that, rocks. The other objects simply appear to be sticks and other objects, and you question whether you're at the right place before pushing those thoughts to the side. After all, the oracle did say you would find what you sought, not necessarily how long it would be.

"Okay Mister...Big? You're cleared to dig now...here's your permit..." the woman returns with a scrawl of paper, and on taking a glance at it you can immediately tell that it is a piece of paper from some sort of fast food, replete with grease stains, with the word big written on it with five Gs. The woman looks at you expectantly, clearly with more than a few screws loose, and as you return vision you can spot on the wall behind her a couple of certificates, one bearing the title of "Dr. Margaret Pine," as well as a large map intricately drawn of the basin with four circled sites amidst a sea of crossed circles. What will you do, and would you be willing to accept the alleged permit in your hands?
Raves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:23 AM   #48
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post

Lythan'Torr Glades
The Tropical Rainforest


Lythan'Torr. To most humans, it means little. To the Lythanki tribes, it represents blessings. The name in the native tongue means “Sacred Woods of Torr,” the name of Torr referring to the Guardian of the rainforest. Adding onto the mysterious nature of the Arboreal Cradle, a swathe of the forest hugs the Palearchean Wildwoods, a blend of tropical and taiga in inexplicable fashion, yet the tales of the Cradle being the source of all life on the world holds weight, and Lythan'Torr certainly holds that weight. With an ecosystem rivalling that of Alola, the jungles of the glades – it in itself more an honorific given the size of the forest – have one of the greatest varieties of pokemon residing within, as well as many different tribes of people, who collectively fall under the Lythanki umbrella and connected by one thread: Torr. Explorers should take heed of the beauty, for despite the majesty of the jungle, there are always dangers afoot.

The Lythan'Torr Glades are a tropical rainforest and hold the most biodiversity of any major area, providing much opportunity for adventure. Throughout your escapades in the glades, some locations may catch your attention more than others... (please reply in chartreuse)

Sub Areas

Leniazom Banks: The Leniazom river is the longest within the Glades, and serves as a source of freshwater for many pokemon and Lythanki. The banks of the river stretch for miles on end, and hold a plethora of unique fauna, some of which can only be found within the mud of the Leniazom. Some can catch a boat trip up and down the length of the river either with fellow journeymen or with the Lythanki who can appreciate a helping hand with their trips, and much of the tribal settlements can be found not far from the banks of the river. The rapids are dangerous, however, and a trip down the river may very well result in a ride you'll never forget and may be lucky to escape.

The Healers Guild: The Healers Guild was established to provide a more mobile replacement for the traditional Pokemon Center. While the building stands on the banks of the Leniazom river, Healers Guild members can be found throughout the Arboreal Crater. Utilising the powers of Pokemon, medicine and traditional remedies learned from the tribes, the Healers Guild seeks to ensure that all Pokemon are kept in the best condition. The Healers Guild is always looking for apprentices who are eager to improve the healing skills of their Pokemon.

The mud squelched beneath his bare feet. Some would question his choice to go barefoot in such an environment, but Atlas had always preferred to feel the earth beneath his feet. His siblings had spread out through Fizzytopia in an attempt to prepare themselves for the fight to come and after hearing about the Cradle he had decided it was the best place for him to go. It didn't take long for him to find trouble however, within his first hour in the Cradle, he'd encountered some poachers and quickly put a stop to them. He was thankful when a woman showed up to help take care of the captured Pokemon, she explained that she was part of the Healers Guild. He'd told her of his budding interest in healing and she encouraged him to seek out the guild's headquarters, established on the banks of the Leniazom.

That is where he found himself now, standing at the front door, unsure if this was the right place for him. He'd always been a fighter, a good one at that. A champion of the Colosseum in Romma, he'd inflicted more pain then he could likely ever heal...

Chesssss

Bacchus gave him a nudge, forcing him to smack into the door. "Well I might as well knock now then, thank you Bacchus." The Chesnaught let out a hearty chuckle, he knew his trainer just needed a little push in the right direction. Atlas knocked on the door, "hello, this is the Healers Guild right? I was hoping I could join?" He shouted through the door, hoping someone was on the other side listening.
__________________

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 01-05-2019 at 08:22 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:20 AM   #49
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 416
The Knights Fury:


As soon as you knocked, maybe a few seconds after, A very broad shouldered man opened the huge doors, the first things that caught your eyes was that he had a skitty on his shoulder, and he had very bright bubblegum pink hair.

"Hello there, welcome to the Healers Guild, please come inside." The man swept his arms to the inside.

The Healers Guild was surprisingly airy and warm, welcoming too. As you looked around you could see a plethora of people and pokemon mingling.
Some pokemon had glowing hands and were holding them over dummies, some pokemon were showing how to use what you supposed was healing pulse to other pokemon that could not possibly learn it otherwise.

"So what are you here for mister? The surprisingly quiet question came from the man who welcomed you inside

"Here we have many, many techniques to heal those who are hurt.
Not only do we teach how to run the healing pods that most pokemon centers have, but we also teach how to make potions and natural rememides.

"Most trainers here have pokemon that can learn the healing arts ( or heal pulse ) but usually they assign you a partner that could be found in pokemon centers such as Chansey, Audino, Blissey and so on and so forth."

This man looked around at all the others in the room as he spoke, he sounded like he was either a student, or one of the teachers, perhaps he was both.

"For humans, We learn how to make splints and casts from whatever may be around ( that is if they run out of the supplies they need on hand) and how to set bones or sprains.

"My name is Eric by the way, whats yours?" Eric reached over to his other shoulder to pet his skitty, that mewed a little mew.


What are you going to say?


Stormingwolf:

You got up and walked to close to the clicking noise, hobbling forward was more like it. What could be making this noise, loud enough to be heard over the wind?

You got closer and closer, and then you could see it, this shape of a woman.
She seemed to be dragging something big behind her, but you cannot make out what it is.

Maybe this woman can help you get out of here, find Rolu perhaps, you walk close enough that you could possibly hear her talking to you.

Whatever she was saying was almost like a faint chanting.
"Once upon a dream, I knew you from once upon a dream"
Suddenly the woman turned to you her head whipping to fast for it to be a human.

It was a Froslass, your brain ran through all the myths behind Froslasses creation, almost all having a frozen lair with human and pokemon victims.

You turn to try and crawl away or run, something anything to get away from this pokemon.
But alas, the Froslass froze you with a ice beam, and started dragging you along with her other vicitim.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you edged closer to the bush, something rose up above it, something big.
This surely wasn't Storm, but perhaps you can ask this pokemon for help, whatever pokemon it was.

You shivered, the wind was biting, and it drained your energy. You had to get out of here soon, Find Storm first thought you thought.

What will you do?



Kawaiiconcept: Your last update

Last edited by Prof.Enigma; 01-06-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Prof.Enigma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:53 AM   #50
Stormingwolf
Pokemon Trainer
 
Stormingwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post


Stormingwolf:

You got up and walked to close to the clicking noise, hobbling forward was more like it. What could be making this noise, loud enough to be heard over the wind?

You got closer and closer, and then you could see it, this shape of a woman.
She seemed to be dragging something big behind her, but you cannot make out what it is.

Maybe this woman can help you get out of here, find Rolu perhaps, you walk close enough that you could possibly hear her talking to you.

Whatever she was saying was almost like a faint chanting.
"Once upon a dream, I knew you from once upon a dream"
Suddenly the woman turned to you her head whipping to fast for it to be a human.

It was a Froslass, your brain ran through all the myths behind Froslasses creation, almost all having a frozen lair with human and pokemon victims.

You turn to try and crawl away or run, something anything to get away from this pokemon.
But alas, the Froslass froze you with a ice beam, and started dragging you along with her other vicitim.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you edged closer to the bush, something rose up above it, something big.
This surely wasn't Storm, but perhaps you can ask this pokemon for help, whatever pokemon it was.

You shivered, the wind was biting, and it drained your energy. You had to get out of here soon, Find Storm first thought you thought.


What will you do?





And so, Storm was frozen solid by the Froslass.
His scream echoed temporarily...
The Froslass dragged Storm along.

Meanwhile, Rolu appeared to have found a big pokémon in the bush.
He had no choice but to ask for help somewhow.

The Riolu approached the Pokémon carefully and attmepted to get it's attention by carefully toching it's back.

Rolu cannot withstand the cold forever.

How will this continue?


Stormingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.