UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 05-08-2017, 01:51 AM   #751
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Keith explained that the bird type was a special type, only found on Pokemon such as Missingno. Keith then went on to show Jake and Kawaii the mysterious Pokemon know as 'M,.
Though they looked similar to Missingno.'s normal form, they sounded completely different. Another thing setting them apart being that 'M,'s were an all female species. He then began to explain their origins, and evolutionary line.
"T-this stuff is pretty amazing..." Jake said. "I-It's kinda strange though.....i-if there's books like these...then....how come people still doubt these Pokemon exist?"
----
"Well I don't know. Jake always came off as someone who was pretty happy and sociable. But...he's been acting kind of the opposite the past couple months." Shibo explained. "At first I thought I just had the wrong impression, but apparently my other teammates have noticed it too."
----
Albus assured Telpo that he wanted a rematch when the time came, something that the Abra had no doubt of.
"Well...good luck until then." Telpo said, before turning his attention back to Millicent.
"Hmm....well now that that's over, what did you want to do?"
----
"Um...my name's Tessa." The cosplay Pikachu responded to the Cottonee's question.
"But umm...I don't believe I..uh...caught your name either."
----
Eager to continue his training, Pom began to make his way back to the living room. Once the Ambipom had arrived at his destination, he turned his attention to Cyanide.
"Alright, I think I've had a large enough break, let's do this. I'm ready whenever you are."
----
Much to Arthur's delight, Luna agreed to accompany him. The Swoobat did warn him that if she were to get a premonition while they were there, it would only be by coincidence.
"Yeah yeah whatever, let's get going!" Arthur exclaimed as he zipped off towards the kitchen exit.
"You coming Hayai?" The Rotom asked once he had reached the doorway.
"I sure am!" The Blitzle exclaimed. "I wouldn't want to miss such an important event." With that, Hayai ran over to his friend, eager to see just what Luna had in store.

----
The group continued to descend, before stopping their flight not too far from Hagane Labs entrance. Wasting no time, Sophie hopped off the Charizard, before returning it to the ball. She then placed the ball back into the slot of the ride pager, clicking a single button to make it disappear into thin air.
"See, to return the ride Pokemon to where it came from, you just tap this button here." Sophie said, pointing to a red button on the bottom of her device.
"Return where? You still haven't told us that." Telpo replied, his voice ringing in everyone's heads.
"Calm down Telpo, I'll tell you in a second. For now, just follow me." Sophie said, before beginning to walk off in the opposite direction of the research facility.
"U-umm....aren't we supposed to....be going there?" Jake questioned, pointing to the domed building before them.
"Of course we are. We just need to make a quick stop first." Sophie explained. "Trust me..we'll be in and out before you even know it."
Jake quickly returned the Dragonite back to it's home...wherever that was, before turning to Keith, giving him a shrug.
"I-I guess there's no point in splitting up....l-let's just see what we need to stop for..."
Old 05-08-2017, 02:24 AM   #752
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Well, it's less about them doubting they're real," Keith explained. "It's more like, they doubt whether they ought to count as Pokémon. Cryptopokology has never been an especially well-respected field of study. Pokémon like Missingno., they tend to be looked on as abominations by many. Glitches in reality, if you will." He shook his head in disgust. "And then you got all the other sorts of things that are classified as cryptopokological- Mist Stones, for example. Weird evolution stones that are said to work on any Pokémon, including fully evolved ones, to turn them into what are called Pokégods. Team Rocket actually once planned to make a Mist Stone- it's said that a single Pokégod, no matter what it evolved from, has enough power to destroy the world. Fortunately, I stopped them before they were able to test out that theory," he grinned. "But back to what I was saying before- you know Myrtle used to be a Missingno. when she was alive, right? You know how she died? A Missingno. hunter," Keith said distastefully. "Cold-hearted individuals who go out and kill innocent Missingno. just because they believe Missingno. don't deserve to be a part of this world."

"That's so weird..." murmured Pomona. She sounded as worried as she looked. "I'll talk to him later, I hope everything's OK with him... Um... for now I think we should change the subject," Pomona added, now turning to the Elgyem. "Cassiopia- you don't like battling, right?" she said. "May I ask why?" she inquired curiously.

Millicent shrugged. "I'm up for whatever you'd like to do," she said. "If you don't have any ideas, though, why don't we go downstairs and grab a bite to eat?"

Cyanide nodded. "Let's do this," she said, before focusing on Pom's mind once more. This time, she changed it up a bit- she would make Pom launch a Swift out the window, then run around in a circle, as opposed to running followed by attacking. She wanted to make sure Pom would be ready no matter what they'd try and make him do.

Luna followed the excessively eager Electric-types. She didn't need a premonition to know that they were setting themselves up for profound disappointment.

As they came in for a landing, Sophie demonstrated how to withdraw Ride Pokémon. Telpo asked where exactly they had come from in the first place as Keith withdrew Golurk. Once more, Sophie dodged the question, before walking in the exact opposite direction Keith figured they'd be going. And Jake figured this as well, judging by how he asked about it. Keith raised an eyebrow- Sophie was acting more and more suspicious by the minute. "Yeah," Keith nodded as Jake suggested they follow her. "Might as well." As he followed the others, Keith brushed his fingers up against his Poké Balls. He hoped there was a perfectly reasonable explanation for Sophie's suspicious behavior, but he decided he wanted to be ready just in case.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:17 PM   #753
EpicSquirtle

Deciding to follow Sophie, the group made their way through the busy streets, occasionally stopping to cross a street. Eventually Sophie turned and walked into a nearby alleyway.
"Master I don't mean to alarm you, but your friend here is being rather suspicious." Telpo said aloud, insuring that only Jake could understand him.
"Is it possible that this is a trap perhaps? I'm not trying to-"
"Here we are!" Sophie exclaimed, cutting off Telpo's words.

But wait, why had Sophie said this was the location? It seemed to just be another part of the long stretching brick wall...a dead end in fact! Did the alleyway lead them to nowhere?
"Ummm t-this is just a dead end though...." Jake said.
"It won't be for long, I just need to get....this!" Sophie exclaimed as pulled out a small red key card. She then took the card and inserted it into a small crack in the wall. Jake wouldn't have even noticed the crack had he not just witnessed what he had.
"Authorization granted. Welcome back Sophie." A robotic voice spoke aloud.
Suddenly the wall in front of them began to tremble, before opening, revealing that the brick wall in front of them was actually a door. Beyond the door were stairs, descending down to the unknown.
"Sophie.....that was amazing." Jake said, any suspicions he had were replaced by a sense of curiosity and wonder.
"That was pretty neat I admit, but what is this place?" Telpo questioned.
"You'll find out once we get down there." Sophie said, dodging yet another question.
"Now we don't have all day, so we better get going." Sophie said, before she began to walk down the mysterious staircase.
Jake was eager to follow, wondering just what would greet them at the end.
"I guess we have no choice. Even if this is highly suspicious, we mine as well see what this is about." Telpo's voice chimed in Keith's head.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:53 PM   #754
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith was baffled by all this. Sophie was acting more and more suspicious. Indeed, the only thing stopping Keith from outright distrusting Sophie was the knowledge that she was Jake's friend- Keith trusted Jake, after all, and he felt it wouldn't do to mistrust anyone that Jake trusted.

Sophie had stopped them at seemingly a dead end, further baffling Keith. That is, until Sophie produced a card key and inserted it in an inconspicuous crack in the wall. A mechanical voice welcomed Sophie back, and the wall opened up, revealing a very well-hidden door. Keith was also rather impressed by this, but couldn't help but notice that Sophie was dodging yet another question. Telpo was right, however- as suspicious as this all was, they did at least have to see what was going on. Keith nodded at Telpo's words, and followed. He had taken a precaution while following Jake and Sophie- he only hoped it would be necessary against Team Catalyst, and not against Sophie. Staying alert and wary, he followed Jake and Sophie.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:16 PM   #755
EpicSquirtle

As the group made their way down the stair case they eventually reached the end, revealing what appeared to be a waiting room at the bottom.
The room seemed oddly calm, and Telpo couldn't help but feel slightly more at ease upon entering it. The walls and floor of the room were both a sparkling white.
It seemed that this room was cleaned quite frequently...

"Wait what? A-a waiting room?" Jake questioned. "What's a waiting room doing down here?"
"You'll see. Now come this way, you need to sign in." Sophie said as she beckoned the group over to a nearby counter.
Once Jake had arrived, she handed him a clipboard and pen, attached to the clipboard appeared to be a sign in sheet. Hesitating for a few seconds, Jake eventually wrote his name on the sheet, before handing it over to Keith.

"So why is there a waiting room here? And where are we for that matter?" Telpo asked. "You said you'd tell us once we were here."
"Yes well..there's a lot of things I need to tell you, so I figured I'll tell you all at once." Sophie explained. "Once everyone's done signing in, I'll be happy to tell you everything."
Old 05-08-2017, 01:21 PM   #756
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The staircase led to a sparkling white waiting room. From the looks of things, the place was cleaned so frequently that even a Minccino would have trouble spotting anything to be cleaned in here.

Keith accepted the clipboard while Telpo asked what was on everyone's minds. Sophie stated that she would tell them everything once they were all done signing in. With that being said, Keith signed the clipboard as well. "Alright," he stated, handing the clipboard back to Sophie. "So... what's going on?" he asked.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:45 PM   #757
EpicSquirtle

"Thank you." Sophie said as she accepted the clipboard from Keith, placing it back on the counter.
"Alright well let's start things off....this place is known as the Catalyst Prevention Agency, or CPA for short." Sophie began.
"The goal of this place is to eliminate Team Catalyst entirely. Fighting them head on, taking back and rehabilitating the Pokemon they've stolen, these are just some of things we do."

"W-wait. You said "we", you're apart of this group?" Jake asked.
"Of course. I've been responsible for tracking them down for over two years now. I would have told you sooner, but my boss wouldn't let me. He's only agreed now, because things are urgent." Sophie explained.

"Wait, what do you mean urgent?" Telpo asked.
"I can't tell you that yet. Don't worry, you'll find out soon enough." Sophie replied.
"You guys also wanted to know where I get those ride pagers, and where the ride Pokemon come from, yes? Well, these ride pagers were made right here at CPA.
All employees of CPA carry one. My boss let me borrow some extras for you guys to make the trip." Sophie explained.
"As for where the ride Pokemon come from? They're actually Pokemon that have been successfully rehabilitated from their time with Team Catalyst, but aren't quite fit to be returned to the wild. So we keep them here in order to help our members out on their missions."
"W-wow...this is amazing....I-I didn't realize how big this whole Team Catalyst thing was." Jake said.
"Yeah. Sorry for doubting you." Telpo added.
"It's ok. Now do any of you have any more questions before we continue?" Sophie asked.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:51 PM   #758
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Sophie explained everything- the place they were at was known as the CPA- the Catalyst Prevention Agency. A group that dedicated themselves to eliminating Team Catalyst. And Sophie herself was a part of the group. The ride pagers were made by the CPA, and the Ride Pokémon they summoned were ones that were rescued from Team Catalyst and rehabilitated. Keith had to admit, he was right to not act on his suspicions regarding Sophie- as he had hoped, she had a perfectly reasonable explanation for withholding answers and acting all secretive about the Ride Pagers.

"I only got one question now," Keith said in response to Sophie, a grin on his face. "How can we help?"
Old 05-08-2017, 02:14 PM   #759
EpicSquirtle

"How can you guys help? Well...I guess you can keep your eyes peeled for any activity regarding Team Catalyst. If you notice anything you can call this number here." Sophie said, digging a CPA business card out of her pocket, before handing it to Keith.
"Besides that...well, you're already helping by joining us as we investigate Hagane Labs, right?"
"I-I guess so... I just wish there was a better way to help." Jake said.
"Don't worry about it. You guys are already helping plenty." Sophie replied.
"Now..Telpo you wanted to know what I meant by urgent, right? Truth be told even I'm not exactly sure. My boss said he'd brief us all on exactly what we're doing in Hagane Labs, so I'm sure he'll tell me then." Sophie explained.
"Wait, are you sure we're allowed to?" Telpo asked. "I mean, I don't think your boss would want to have us sit in on an important meeting, right?"
"Of course you're allowed. My boss did say he wanted to meet you guys, especially you Jake."
"W-what? Why me?" Jake asked. "I mean...I'm nothing special."
"Beats me, but I have told him a lot about you...so maybe that's it. Regardless we shouldn't keep him waiting. Follow me, I'll bring you guys to his office." Sophie said as she walked to the back of the room, grabbing onto the door and holding it open for the group.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #760
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith nodded and accepted the business card. He entered the number on it into his Xtransceiver, then pocketed the card. "Thanks," he said to Sophie.

Sophie then went on to explain that her boss was to brief them on what exactly they would be doing in Hagane Labs. Jake was a bit surprised to know that Sophie's boss had wanted to meet them, claiming he was nothing special. Apparently Sophie had told her boss much about Jake, which she speculated to be the reasoning behind aforementioned interest in him. In any case, there was little time to speculate on this for Sophie had no desire to keep the man waiting, and urged them to follow her to his office.

"Alright," Keith nodded, standing up and heading towards the door. "Let's get going."
Old 05-08-2017, 04:42 PM   #761
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii frowned "Thats heart breaking!"
Cassiopia shrugged "I don't find fighting enjoyable, thats all."
Cerno bowed "It is nice to meet you Tessa. My name is Cerno."
Frieghya followed the electric type out of the room, there was not much else for her to do.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:32 AM   #762
EpicSquirtle

Keith explained that it was less about people doubting if Pokemon like Missingno. were real, and more about doubting if they counted as Pokemon.
They were viewed as glitches in reality, even abominations by many people. Apparently Myrtle had been killed by a Missingno. hunter when she was alive.
According to Keith, Missingno. hunters were people who went out of their way in order to kill Missingno., all because they believed that they didn't deserve to exist!
"T-that's terrible. People can be so cruel sometimes." Jake said. "I-I don't understand why they do that though....I mean...Missingno. aren't harming anyone, right?"
----
After saying that she'd talk with Jake, Pomona decided to change the subject, something that Shibo was all too glad to do.
The Ivysaur then questioned Cassiopia on why she didn't like to battle, the Elgyem answering that she didn't find it enjoyable.
"I get it. I mean...battling isn't for everyone." Shibo said.
----
Millicent suggested that they could grab something to eat downstairs, as long as Telpo didn't have any other ideas.
"That sounds like a good plan." The Abra replied. "I didn't have anything else in mind anyway. Besides, I am a bit hungry after that battle."
----
"It's nice to meet you too." Tessa replied. "Umm wait, did I already say that? I uh..I forget if I did. Well umm anyway yeah..."
----
Once again Pom felt Cyanide's Psychic influence begin to take over! This time it suggested to Pom that he should fire a Swift attack out the window.
Without even thinking, Pom complied with the request, sending a shower of stars out the nearby window! It was then requested that Pom run around the room once more, something that Pom once again began to do!
Once the mind control was over, Pom turned to Cyanide, a look of worry on his face.
"I'm sorry, I must not have been quite ready yet." The Ambipom began. "I promise it won't happen again though, so feel free to continue...."
----
Unaware of Frieghya's presence, Arthur and Hayai guided Luna back over to a familiar elevator.
"Alright then great sage Luna, we've arrived at our destination of mystery!" Arthur exclaimed. "This should be close enough to the location, your visions will surely help us now! So get started! Umm...please." The Rotom finished, before eagerly watching the Swoobat.
Hayai meanwhile, had noticed their other guest, and promptly greeted her.
"Hello Frieghya! Decided to help us out?" The Blitzle questioned.
Upon Hayai's words, Arthur too turned his attention to the Eevee. He had been hoping to have only Hayai and Luna with him...but he figured that it wasn't worth making a scene over.
The Rotom flashed the Eevee a quick smile, before turning his attention back to Luna, waiting to hear what she had to say.

----
With everyone ready to go, Sophie lead the group through the door, revealing a rather long hallway to be behind it.
"You know, I never understood why we have so many offices." Sophie said as she continued to guide the group to their destination. "Despite the size of the place, we actually aren't that large of an organization."
"R-really? How many people work here?" Jake asked.
"About thirty or forty I guess...most work in the rehabilitation branch though." Sophie explained.
"I wonder why that is?" Telpo pondered aloud.
"Zack is very picky when it comes to hiring people and Pokemon. He says he likes not having too many employees... I don't know why though."
Before anymore could be said, Sophie stopped in front of a large black door. A small sign with a name on it was plastered onto the door.
"Zack Esprit? What kind of a name is that?" Jake asked himself as Sophie gave a firm knock on the door.
A moment later the door swung open, and a man poked his head out. He appeared to be slightly taller then Keith, and was dressed in a formal suit and tie. At a glance he appeared to be in his late twenties.
"Come on in, I've been expecting you." The man greeted.
Indeed, from what any of them could see of the office, it appeared to be made just for their arrival. Three large chairs could be seen on the sparkling white floor, and one small one that appeared to be Telpo's size.
"Feel free to take a seat as well." Zack added.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:01 AM   #763
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith nodded as his friends declared how terrible the treatment of the Missingno. was. He gave a small sigh at Jake's question. "There have been unintentional incidents," he said. "On occasion, someone gets subjected to a Missingno.'s power, and there's really no way to tell what's gonna happen. Most of the time it amounts to nothing, or it's even beneficial somehow- I can vouch for that one from experience- but yeah, on rare occasions, the outcome is a bit more grim. And unfortunately, outcomes like that are the ones that stick in people's minds, and they tend to jump to the worst conclusions... It's sad, really. It's not unlike how many people look at Poison-types, really- the type is generally associated with bad guys, which is a stereotype I try to defy. Many people would be surprised- Weezing are intensely loyal Pokémon. Muk is like having a sentient water bed once you get past the smell. And I defy anyone present to find something softer and fluffier than a Skuntank's tail fur. And don't even get me started on how much potential Qwilfish have," he grinned.

Pomona nodded in agreement with Shibo's sentiment. "Yeah, that's fair," she agreed. "So, Cassiopia, what do you like to do?" she asked.

"I figured you might be," grinned Millicent. "C'mon," she added, Willow slung over her shoulder as she led the way downstairs.

Cyanide noticed that Pom wasn't able to put up much of any resistance whatsoever this time around. She had a look of concern as Pom apologized. "Alright, don't sweat it, just do your best to be ready, hmm?" she replied. "We're not in a rush, I'll put in as much time as it takes to help you get it right." With that said, she focused again, on making Pom do the same things as last time, to see if he was better prepared now.

Luna landed near the elevator. As Arthur asked her to get started, the Swoobat closed her eyes, simply stood there motionless, waiting... waiting... generally she never tried to make the visions come to her. Usually the visions were the ones who initiated the flashbacks. She really had no control over the process, but she was willing to at least give it a try.

...Alas, as she opened her eyes, no visions were coming to her. Nothing so far, she reported to the Electric-types and Frieghya. If you intend for us to stay until I see something, we may be here for a long- The telepathic voice cut off there at that moment, however, for Luna's eyes had gone completely blank, and she was simply standing there, unresponsive. Alive, though, without a doubt.

Sophie led the way, remarking on the strangeness of their excess of offices, considering her boss didn't hire especially many people. And soon, they came to the office of that very boss- one Zack Esprit, who greeted them and invited them to enter. Oddly, there were chairs for all of them. Even Telpo. Keith found that a bit odd, but didn't press the matter. He nodded in response to Zack and entered the room, taking a seat in one of the large chairs.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:41 AM   #764
EpicSquirtle

Jake, Sophie and Telpo also entered, taking the remaining three seats. Once inside, it was clear that the floor wasn't the only thing neat and tidy.
The entire room seemed like it had just been washed, the black desk in front of them sparkling under the light of the chandelier hanging above. The room seemed bare otherwise, Zack's laptop and a Duosion were the only other things of note.
The Duosion hid in the corner of the room, eyeing the group, but not interacting with them at all...
"Don't mind Duosion..he can be a little shy around new people." Zack explained as he took a seat behind his desk.
"Well before we begin, I'd like to introduce myself. If you didn't see on the door, I'm Zack Esprit, head of CPA, it's a pleasure to meet you both." Zack said.
"I'm especially happy to finally meet you in the flesh Jake. From what Sophie's told me, you seem like a pretty special trainer."

"H-huh? Me? I-I'm not special...I don't no what she's been telling you, b-but it's not true." Jake said.
"I-if you're looking for a special trainer...w-well I mean you have Sophie...and Keith here as well."

"Nonsense." Zack said, shaking his head. "Placing second in the tournament at Rayo town? Fighting off Team Catalyst in Rayo woods? Or how about you saving Ryuu town from Team Catalyst, while helping Sophie destroy the Ebony flute? I can assure it takes a special kind of trainer to do those sort of things."

"U-umm I-I guess." Jake replied, amazed at just how much Sophie had told him.
"B-but umm...didn't you say Team Catalyst broke the flute?" Jake asked Sophie.
"Nope." Sophie replied. "That was actually the whole reason I brought you there in the first place. The CPA learned that Team Catalyst were planning to use the flute, so Zack sent me to destroy it." Sophie explained.

"Indeed." Zack said with a nod. "But enough about that, though I certainly know a lot about you, Jake and Sophie, I don't know a whole lot about you." Zack said, turning his attention to Keith.
"Obviously you've got to be at least decently skilled in order for Sophie to have allowed you to come. But I want to know a little bit more, just to know what we're working with ok? So....tell me a bit about yourself."
Old 05-10-2017, 02:15 AM   #765
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As Keith entered the office, he was once more struck by just how amazingly clean it was. It was also rather barren- aside from the oddly specific seating, there was a desk, a laptop, a Duosion, and not much else. Zack introduced himself after explaining how shy his Duosion was around newcomers, before telling Jake in no uncertain terms why he was considered to be such a special Trainer. Keith could only nod his agreement to this sentiment- Even back when he first met Jake, back when he was still a rookie Trainer who hadn't yet made his decision to specialize in Electric-types, Keith had immediately gotten the feeling that Jake had potential. Between the three-on-three battle he had with Jake some time ago and all the incredible deeds Zack was citing as evidence, Keith was of the opinion that Jake very much lived up to the hype.

Zack then turned his attention to Keith- unlike with Jake, Zack did not know very much about the Poison-type Trainer. He reasoned that if Sophie had allowed him to come that he must be at least somewhat skilled, but he wanted to get to know Keith a bit more. "Well, I come from Lavaridge Town in Hoenn," Keith began. "I caught my first Pokémon, a baby Koffing, in the Fiery Path in order to rescue it from a pair of Machop, and when I set out to Fizzytopia, I made it my goal to become a Poison Pokémon Master. Most of my Pokémon are Poison-types, though I've been more than glad to work with virtually any Pokémon I get the chance to. Now, all this about Team Catalyst is pretty new to me, though I've been doing my part going up against Team Rocket. I also love a good Pokémon battle, and I've taken part in several tournaments. The Shiny Battle Tournament in Greenmuk City, I took first place in that. There was also the Stunfisk Spelling Standoff in Static Town- it was kinda cancelled due to Team Rocket activity, but I'd been doing very well in it. And I took first place in Springreen Town's annual Grass-type tournament, too. And, well, I kinda also saved Aduro Island from a giant tyrannical Heatran, and in doing so, ensured the continued survival of Mt. Aduro's Heatmor population," he added, trying to sound modest- he was never much of a braggart, not by any means, but to claim to have essentially slaughtered a volcano god, it's quite hard to make such a claim without sounding boastful to some degree.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:01 AM   #766
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
The Flash attack did its job, though both Grace and Heather managed to shield their eyes from the worst of it. And now Grace was moving in for a Quick Attack, going for physical contact. Heather seemed worried that she might regret doing so, and Keith had a feeling that just might turn out to be true. "Fire Shield, let's go!" he ordered Cotton.

"Swiiiiiirl!" Cotton exclaimed, as a protective dome of flame went up all around him. Keith grinned- this would block the Quick Attack, and also result in Grace getting burned.

Magus went on to explain that telling Heather was quite out of the question, due to her traumatic fear of Shadow Pokémon. My apologies, replied Willow. I was not aware... After Ryuko made a cute attempt to cheer him up, Magus relented, and asked if Willow wouldn't mind changing the topic. Certainly, the ghost responded. Now that I have heard your story, of what you were in life, would you like to hear the rest of mine? she inquired. She had told Magus what kind of Pokémon she was and where she'd lived, but that's about all the details she'd divulged so far.
Grace's eyes widened as the Fire Shield materialized in front of her mere seconds before impact. She tried to put on the brakes, but her momentum was just too much-she crashed into the shield, bouncing off of it with a yelp and rolling to a stop a few feet away. Nursing a burned wing, she turned back to her Trainer.

"What's next, then? Another Thunder Shock?" she asked, only slightly annoyed at what had just gone down. That burn certainly stung, for sure...

"Why don't we try...something different?" Heather said, a grin forming on her face, and a look of realization dawning on Grace's. "Sorry, Keith, buuuuut you're not the only one with tricks like that up their sleeve! Grace, a round of your Fatal Attraction, if you would!"

The technique was...interesting, to say the least. Now came the hard part: not breaking the attraction...when that was Grace's only non-attacking move. Heather mentally facepalmed. Perhaps it hadn’t been a good idea to act like that was some kind of trump card when that was the last of the moves Grace knew...

Certainly, Willow. It would be my pleasure. Magus responded to the offer to hear her full story in life. I apologize for not giving you the opportunity earlier, I just tend to get...carried away when I do start sharing things-ah, there I go again. Please, go on. he added. Ryuko, satisfied that Magus was at least apparently feeling better, returned to the ballgame with earnest-she just hoped she hadn't inconvenienced anyone with her sudden departure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:15 PM   #767
EpicSquirtle

The group listened intently as Keith began to explain a little about himself. From fighting team Rocket, to placing first in multiple tournaments, Zack seemed rather impressed as Keith continued to tell his tale.
"Wait wait, you were the one who saved Aduro Island? That's amazing!" Zack exclaimed. "I can definitely see why Sophie brought you here."
"Now, you said you didn't know much about Team Catalyst, I'm assuming you don't either, Jake and Telpo?" Zack questioned the pair.
That was weird. The Abra didn't remember telling Zack his name, and yet? Maybe Sophie had told Zack about him as well, that must have been it. With that conclusion reached, Telpo gave a nod, along with his trainer.

"I see...well then maybe I should tell you a bit more about them first. Just so you know who we're truly up against." Zack said.
"It all started many years back....there was a pair of scientists, best friends in fact, with a goal. Their goal was to create the most powerful Pokemon in existence." Zack began.

"Wait, you mean like Mewtwo?" Telpo asked, his voice ringing in everyone's heads.

"No not Mewtwo, something even stronger." Zack explained. "A Ditto...but with the ability to perfectly copy and harness the full might of any and all Pokemon, even legendary ones.
With it, they strove to make the world a better place using the creature.
They dubbed it Project: X. With the help of a group of other scientists, and after many years, they succeeded in it's creation. But Project: X didn't take kindly to being trapped in a lab. Predictably, the creature broke out, never to be seen again."

"The two friends were heart broken. All their life's work had been for nothing. One of the friends began to hunt and kill Pokemon, selling the scraps on the black market, he hoped he could raise enough funds for them to retry the experiment, a new Project: X so to speak.
But in doing so, he completely lost sight of his original goal, of making the world a better place. Sadly he never learned the error of his ways, as he was eventually killed by his child, in a certain bar downtown." Zack finished.

Though Zack didn't exactly spell it out, it didn't take a genius to realize who the man was talking about.

"A-about that....l-look I can explain..." Jake stammered.

"No need to. I already understand the situation, you were merely acting in self defense. Anyway, back to the story.
The other friend, desperate to find the original Project: X, formed a small group in an attempt to find it. This group mostly consisted of the scientists that worked on the project, all desperate to find Project: X.
However, much like Jake's father, they too began to forget what the entire thing was originally about. The group resorted to stealing Pokemon, brainwashing them, trying to steal elusive artifacts, anything that could help them recapture Project: X.
This group is now known as Team Catalyst, as you've probably guessed by now."

"W-wow......I never realized...t-that's kind of tragic in a way. A-are you sure we c-can't try and reason with them?" Jake asked.
"Absolutely not. They're too far gone by now. Blinded by their goal of reaching Project: X, I shudder to think what they'll do with it should they find it." Zack replied.

"So, any more questions before I continue?"
Old 05-10-2017, 04:16 PM   #768
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Grace's eyes widened as the Fire Shield materialized in front of her mere seconds before impact. She tried to put on the brakes, but her momentum was just too much-she crashed into the shield, bouncing off of it with a yelp and rolling to a stop a few feet away. Nursing a burned wing, she turned back to her Trainer.

"What's next, then? Another Thunder Shock?" she asked, only slightly annoyed at what had just gone down. That burn certainly stung, for sure...

"Why don't we try...something different?" Heather said, a grin forming on her face, and a look of realization dawning on Grace's. "Sorry, Keith, buuuuut you're not the only one with tricks like that up their sleeve! Grace, a round of your Fatal Attraction, if you would!"

The technique was...interesting, to say the least. Now came the hard part: not breaking the attraction...when that was Grace's only non-attacking move. Heather mentally facepalmed. Perhaps it hadn’t been a good idea to act like that was some kind of trump card when that was the last of the moves Grace knew...

Certainly, Willow. It would be my pleasure. Magus responded to the offer to hear her full story in life. I apologize for not giving you the opportunity earlier, I just tend to get...carried away when I do start sharing things-ah, there I go again. Please, go on. he added. Ryuko, satisfied that Magus was at least apparently feeling better, returned to the ballgame with earnest-she just hoped she hadn't inconvenienced anyone with her sudden departure.
Keith grinned as the Fire Shield had the intended effect, though said grin faded somewhat as Heather revealed that Grace also had a trick of her own- Fatal Attraction. Keith knew quite a bit about this move- effectively Attract, but with a special pheromone built in that eventually caused a Toxic-like effect on its target. Quite a potent move indeed. "Cotton! Dodge it!" he called, but it was too late- the attack had landed, rendering the Fairy-type a drooling, lovestruck mess. "Ohhh, boy," he murmured. "Gah... Cotton, c'mon, you gotta snap out of it!" he called. "Um... hey, Cotton," he added. "You want to impress her, right? I got an idea- Don't you think she'll be really impressed if you show off your Swagger attack?" he said, doing his best to creatively convey the order to Cotton."

"Swiiiiirl..." Cotton murmured, still focused on Grace, his eyes practically replaced with hearts. Dimly the gist of Keith's words registered in his pheromone-addled brain- would demonstrating the effectiveness of his Swagger really impress Grace? He hesitated- wouldn't Swagger confuse her? It's not like he was battling her or anything... Keith held his breath, waiting to see how Cotton would respond.

Well, I grew up in a forest in Unova. Not on the mainland, but on the smaller island, not far from Virbank City, said Willow. I was the eldest of all my siblings, and when our parents were caught by Trainers, it fell to me to take care of my brothers and sisters. This I did quite well, and when we all went our separate ways when we had all grown up, I wandered the forest, wondering what my next step would be. And then I found the smallest baby Riolu I've ever seen, lying on the ground, hurt and crying. His parents were taken from him by this group of evildoers known as Team Plasma. So I started taking care of him- it was more or less instinct at this point. And soon I started finding more orphaned Pokémon, and before I knew it, this had become my life- taking in orphaned Pokémon and caring for them. Crafting comfortable nests for them, foraging for berries to feed them... sewing leaf clothes for all the orphaned Sewaddle. And I enjoyed it immensely. I always felt good about myself knowing how much I was helping them. But then... one day, there came a Houndoom, she murmured, her voice having gotten a bit darker. As she spoke, the faint echoes of a vicious barking sound could be heard. It was intent on attacking an orphaned Purrloin who was under my care. I took on the Houndoom in battle, despite the grievous type disadvantage, and I was even winning... until the Inferno attack. It missed me, but... it hit the biggest tree in the forest. As she said this, the vicious barking was accompanied with the faint echos of crackling fire and horrified screams of various young Pokémon. I quickly defeated the Houndoom with an X-Scissor, but that was only part of the problem. The forest was now ablaze. Had I fled at that moment, I would have lived to tell the tale. But I couldn't do that. I made it my priority to evacuate all the small Pokémon I had looked after. They all made it out safely, but I... Willow trailed off there as Millicent hugged her log tightly. Slowly the faint echoes, barely audible as they were, faded away completely. ...I came to as a spirit, Willow continued. I was relieved to see that everyone I helped to evacuate made it out safely, and that the fire was brought under control. But I always had this feeling my work was not done, and so I traveled, traveled the world over in search of someone else in need of some form of help. Eventually, I came across a depressed Timburr in the Adoption Center, alone and friendless. She was very nearly about to take her own life, so I entered her log and talked her out of it, and the rest is history.

Zack was very much impressed by Keith, especially as he revealed his involvement in saving Aduro Island. He then went on to explain about Team Catalyst- their origins could be traced back to a pair of scientists, seeking to create a Ditto with ultimate power, that could copy and harness the full extent of another Pokémon's power, no matter how strong. The idea was to make the world a better place, but once they had succeeded, this Ditto decided it didn't really like being trapped in a lab, and so it broke out, and was never seen again. This was very hard on the scientists, considering the culmination of their life's work had vanished without a trace. One of them took to hunting down and killing Pokémon, selling on the black market, all in the name of funding a repeat attempt at the experiment. Ironically, in doing so, he lost sight of the whole point of Project X in the first place, but before learning the error of his ways, he was killed... by his child... in a bar... downtown... why was this story starting to seem familiar to Keith?

And then, just as Keith pieced it together, Jake spoke up, confirming what Keith had just realized for himself- Jake's father had been one of these two scientists. Jake started to speak up to try and defend what he did, but Zack forestalled this, already knowing the incident to have been motivated purely by self-defense, before resuming the story. The other scientist had a different approach- namely, gathering a team of scientists who had all helped work on Project X, with the intention of finding their escaped creation. And not unlike Jake's father, they too lost sight of the whole point of Project X, and started resorting to theft and brainwashing to try and achieve their goal. This group became known as Team Catalyst.

Keith was in shock. The group had such tragic beginnings, but according to Zack, they were too far gone to listen to reason. Zack asked if there were any questions before he continued. In response to this, a flash of light emerged from the Violet Cyber Ball on Keith's belt. The Ditto that appeared quickly Transformed into a copy of his Trainer. "So, this Project X," Jack said. "This Ditto... whatever happened to it?" he asked. "Do we know? I mean, it and I, we're both Ditto, ain't we? I can't help but wonder, y'know, is it OK?"

"This is Jack, my Ditto," Keith said to Zack. "Jack, this is Zack."
Old 05-10-2017, 05:21 PM   #769
EpicSquirtle

In response to his question, Keith's Ditto emerged from it's ball, before transforming into a copy of Keith. The Keith clone seemed rather concerned about Project X, asking what had happened to it, and if it was ok.
Meanwhile, Keith introduced Zack to the Ditto, explaining that his name was Jack.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you Jack. As for your question..according to my sources...Project X is still very much alive and well." Zack replied.
"Which makes this situation all the more dire. You see, it's come to CPA's attention that Team Catalyst has recently developed a way to track down Project X's exact location." Zack explained.

"What?! That's terrible." Sophie said. "We need to destroy that thing as soon as possible!"

"Indeed we do. Which is what takes us to our plan at Hagane Labs. I've been informed that the tracking device may very well be there. My sources say that it's not just the tracker, apparently Team Catalyst is using the entire lab to develop their technology."

"So what do we do then?" Telpo asked.

"Well if Team Catalyst is truly using Hagane Labs to develop their technology, it won't be easy to get in. I do have an idea for you guys, though you might not like it." Zack explained.

"W-what is it?" Jake asked.

"Well...I was thinking that you guys could disguise yourselves as employees, that way it'd be easier to find the tracking device. Of course, you'd probably be found out pretty quickly, so you'd have to work quick." Zack continued.
"Unless you guys have any other ideas. In no way is my suggestion set in stone, so feel free to offer any other ideas."
Jake thought for a moment, before shaking his head. It seemed Telpo and Sophie didn't have an ideas either, the room turned to Keith and Jack, wondering if they had anything to say.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:34 PM   #770
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Zack revealed that Project X was apparently still alive and well. While this in and of itself did not seem a cause for concern, the fact nevertheless remained that Team Catalyst had developed a means to track Project X's location. This tracker was supposedly at Hagane Labs, and the facility itself was apparently being used to help develop Team Catalyst's technology. Understandably, this was a troubling notion all around, though Zack's initial idea was not exactly the most brilliant of plans- the idea was for Keith, Jake, and Sophie to infiltrate the lab, posing as employees while searching for the tracking device. The flaws in such a plan were obvious- they wouldn't have long before being found out, and they also didn't really know where they'd even begin to look, or indeed, what the tracker even looked like.

Though Zack welcomed any and all potential alternatives, neither Jake nor Sophie seemed to have any to provide. Keith and Jack looked at each other. "What do you think?" Keith asked the Ditto.

"I think it ain't the best idea," stated Jack. "We don't know what it looks like or where in the lab it'd be kept, and from the sound of things, we wouldn't have much time to work any of that out."

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing," Keith nodded. "I mean, that can't be the best option, though, can it?"

"Maybe we don't need to go in blind," Jack murmured thoughtfully. "Suppose one of us goes in there, takes all the time he needs to get some serious spy work done?"

Keith raised an eyebrow. "And how would we do that?" he inquired.

"OK, my thinking is, I Transform into a Rotom, right?" said Jack. "I go into Hagane Labs through the power lines, I scope the place out, find out what goes on, what you gotta do to pass as a real employee, things of that nature. Then I come back, report to you guys, tell you how to pass as employees, and where to find the tracker, yeah?"

"I dunno," Keith shook his head. "Are we sure infiltrating the lab with a Rotom would work? Besides which, Project X is a Ditto, and the tracker is meant to detect it. I'm worried there might be a risk of the tracker detecting you," he said to Jack.

"...Yeesh. Hadn't thought of that," Jack admitted.

"Yeah," Keith nodded. "I mean, I do like the idea of sending in a spy beforehand," he conceded. "Zack, what if I have my Dusknoir do the spying? He can float right through the walls, go invisible if he needs to. He can get a feel for what we'd need to do in there, report back to us, and kinda steer us in the right direction, how's that sound?"
Old 05-11-2017, 01:12 AM   #771
EpicSquirtle

Though previously silent, Duosion couldn't help but laugh at Jack's words in regards to his trainers plans. The Ditto suggested that he could transform into a Rotom, scoping the place out, before returning to the group and helping them with sneaking in.
Keith didn't seem to sure of that plan, stating that the tracker could very well detect him.
"Very true. There would be a good possibility of that." Zack nodded. "Besides, even without the tracker, Hagane Labs is wired to prevent Rotom interference, we'd have an easier time breaking in through the front door."

Keith then suggested that they send his Dusknoir in as a spy instead. The ghost could phase through walls, and even turn invisible.
"Now that sounds like a good plan." Zack said. "As long as your Dusknoir is careful going about it, I think we can make it work."
"It does sound like a good idea." Sophie agreed. "Smart thinking Keith."
"Yeah. This sounds like it will have a high probability of working." Telpo chimed in.

"It seems everyone's in favor of it. So let's see this Dusknoir of yours." Zack said. "We need to brief it on what exactly it needs to be doing."
Old 05-11-2017, 04:00 AM   #772
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Jack rolled his borrowed eyes as Duosion laughed at him, but winced as Zack explained that the lab was wired against Rotom intruson. "OK, OK, I get it- not my best idea," the Ditto grumbled.

Keith's version of the plan was better received. Keith nodded at Zack's words and tossed a Poké Ball in the air. "Alright- go, Peeves!" Keith exclaimed as the Dusknoir appeared before them. "Peeves, we need you to spy on Hagane Labs for us," Keith explained. "Zack here will fill you in on what you need to know."

Peeves nodded, then turned to Zack. "Alright," he said. "What exactly am I looking for?"
Old 05-11-2017, 01:05 PM   #773
EpicSquirtle

"You'll be looking for a tracking device...it's key that you find that." Zack began as he grabbed his laptop.
"But you're going to need to be sneaky about it. If Team Catalyst truly is in Hagane Labs, they're going to be on high alert for any intruders. If they catch even a glimpse of you, it could very well be game over for us." Zack said as he continued to fiddle with his laptop.
"As for what the device looks like? My sources say it looks something like...this." Zack said as he turned the laptop around, showing the group a rough sketch of the device. It seemed to look like a massive..computer, with two antennae on the top left and right of the frame.

"That's.....gotta be the weirdest tracker I've ever seen." Telpo said in bewilderment. "Are we sure that's the thing we're looking for?"
"Positive." Zack replied.
"Well...how's Peeves going to find it for us anyway? I'm sure there's a lot of computers in there..." Telpo responded.

"I doubt there's that many with those strange antennae, dummy!" Duosion exclaimed, being the first words that he had spoke since the group had arrived.

"Oh.....I-I guess you're right." Telpo replied weakly.
"So, if you have any more questions, now would be the time to ask." Zack said.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #774
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii smiled "I'm starting to have an afinity for phsychic and grass types."
Cassiopia shrugged "I mostly find myself staring off into space, thinking about all the planets i've been to."
Cerno bowed again "If you will exscuse me I must challenge that young weedle." he floated over to Albus. "young sir, do you feel rested enough to battle me?"

Frieghya looked excited "she's having a vision!"

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:19 PM   #775
EpicSquirtle

Keith explained that there had been unintentional incidents, and that the worst outcomes tended to stick in peoples minds, instead of the good ones. He went on, comparing it to how poison types usually got a bad reputation as well, usually being associated with bad guys.
"I-I don't know why either....i-it's not like that's the only type that can be evil......" Jake replied.

Botch was generally loyal and kind, though a bit wacky at times. Hannah and Sprout were some of the most friendly Pokemon Jake knew.
Neku was always willing to help...when he wasn't asleep anyway.
And though Jake hadn't quite gotten Opal to open up, he could tell that she didn't mean any harm. How could anyone think a Pokemon was evil, just because of their type?
----
Cassiopia explained that she liked to stare off into space, thinking about the planets she had visited.
"Wait, you've visited other planets? That's so cool!" Shibo exclaimed. "Were they cool looking? Can you tell us about them?"
----
Telpo began to follow Millicent down the stairs, wondering just what kind of food their was to eat.
----
Cerno bowed before leaving, stating that he was going to challenge Albus to battle.
"Well..umm...good luck then." Tessa said as the Cottonee made his way over to the Weedle.
----
Once again Pom felt Cyanide's Psychic influence take over, and yet again Pom preformed everything to a tee, with little resistance.

"S-sorry....." Pom said weakly. "I...don't know what's going on...I did ok before, right? I...don't know what's wrong with me now...."
----
Much to Hayai and Arthur's dismay, Luna reported that there was nothing so far. However, before she could finish what she had to say, her eyes went blank and she stopped responding all together.

"Oh no! Luna are you ok?!" Arthur exclaimed.
Frieghya looked quite excited at this turn of events, explaining that the Swoobat was having a vision.

"Yes I know that!" Arthur snapped. "I was just seeing what Hayai would do in such a situation."
"Really? Wow Arthur! You really think of everything!" Hayai exclaimed. "I can't wait to hear what the vision is about though."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases