UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 07:43 PM   #37626
Aposteriori
Banned

I can't think of a name either, if that helps you feel better.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:45 PM   #37627
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Well, I haven't been thinking very long yet. Something will come to me sooner or later.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:57 PM   #37628
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
if it makes you feel better, I suck with names too
In fact I'm debating renaming some of my pokemon because their names just don't work.

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 03-25-2016, 07:59 PM   #37629
Rakurai
Boulder Badge

I think urban settings are probably the sort I have the easiest time coming up with stories for.

Which is partly why I was interested in updating Whale Island.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:00 PM   #37630
Aposteriori
Banned

In terms of RPing, the updator can make up the shops and what items you can purchase off of them on the go?
Old 03-25-2016, 09:48 PM   #37631
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Could I ask for a little clarification about allowable resizing? Using my Weedle as an example, what would be considered overly-exaggerated? I mean, obviously, I'm pretty sure a Weedle roughly the size of an Onix, while an amusing mental picture, is a big no-no, but what about something less obvious, like changing its height/length from 1'00'' to, say, 2'00'', or even 3'00''? Would either change be considered acceptable, or too drastic? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'd just like to get a more precise feel for what's acceptable in this regard before I go for anything.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:04 PM   #37632
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Well, looks like I got me a new avatar. That is an awesome image.

EDIT: Why do I get the feeling I've actually used this as an avatar before? Weirdest feeling of deja vu... or maybe I really did use it as an avatar at some point in the past. Either way, I like it, and it's gonna remain my avatar for the time being.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 03-25-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:58 AM   #37633
Talon87
時の彼方へ

A few years ago, there was an indie art project where 151 different artists were each asked to provide a 2-D work of art representing their assigned Pokémon. This was the picture that the artist who was assigned Weedle provided. You probably saw all 151 pictures back then, and you might have even used the Weedle picture as your avatar.

(Try as I might, I couldn't find where we first discussed these pictures on UPN. Was going to link you. Oh well ... :\ )
Old 03-26-2016, 04:41 AM   #37634
Kelntin
Cascade Badge

MM has used that picture as his avatar before, as far as I trust my memory.

I was initially baffled when he didn't recognise it immediately.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:07 AM   #37635
Rakurai
Boulder Badge

I also distinctly recall him using the picture, as well.

In other news, I finally broke out of my slump and got to work on my updater application, so the folks in the Cloud Garden and/or Whale Island should have something to look forward to soon.

Assuming the quality of my stories could be considered halfway decent, that is. For as easily as I can picture things in my mind, I'm pretty bad at writing descriptions...
Old 03-26-2016, 06:58 AM   #37636
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

alright, might as well mention it in here.
I'll be going home for Easter today, and coming back next Saturday. I won't have much internet access outside of my phone so I won't be able to RP to any length, but I might be able to do shop related stuff probably. Sorry to everyone in the Bar who this'll affect~

Quote:
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 03-26-2016, 07:37 AM   #37637
BLEU
Cascade Badge

So, I've been reading things on VG and I'd be lying if I said the quality of writing was good. It's just badass amazing. My characters bio that I've written is absolute stupid compared to those. So, a question arises in my mind. Who according to you guys is the best writer on FB? Of course, again, this is no competition and I do not want fights to breakout because of the question, please, avoid that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuno
You have to look within yourself and nuke the sun in your heart.

R.I.P - THE ONES WHO LOST THEIR LIVES 9/11 - Humanity Finally Dies.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #37638
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

No problem, Whimsy, have a good time.

>awesome Weedle picture

Had a feeling I've used it before. Not sure why I didn't recognize it immediately, either. Then again, a lot of my focus yesterday was on my Shiny hunting (I'm soft resetting for a Shiny in XD at the Rock Poké Spot), so that could've factored into it.

>best writer in FB

If we're only counting active members, MarbleZone springs immediately to mind, but if we're also counting inactive members, there's Marion Ette to consider. Let me put it this way- you ever notice how a lot of us have Shuppet/Banette? She is the reason that evolution line became so popular, just by the way she RP'd her Banette. I wish I could RP with my Weezing well enough to make everyone want a Koffing.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:30 AM   #37639
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Tge way I see it: as far as sheer creative power goes, Missingno. Master wins. Treepandaone has an unparalleled ability to convey emotions and top-notch descriptions in his replies that I liked better than anyone else's.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:37 AM   #37640
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

I know I'm new to FB, but Marion Ette is/was, as far as I know, the best writer on the forum. I've seen her work in the RP subforum and have had to follow up on some of her update in WF. That was a challenge.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:17 AM   #37641
Aposteriori
Banned

My question was skipped over. It's okay guys, it happens. I know.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:43 AM   #37642
Emp
Volcano Badge

It's hard to say who the best writers are because there's so many factors to take into consideration, whether it be quality and imagination or pacing and consistency.

I used to find Hayward and Stark's writing really enjoyable from an updatee perspective.

Arc Angel I believe is/was one of the strongest updaters, I always found her stories to be the most imaginative.

It could be because she updated my very first adventure, but Entrantress's writing style is the embodiment of Fizzy Bubbles for me. Whether she's describing a high stakes campaign or your first wild encounter, the quality is always consistent.

I've said it before but I believe that MM is really good with character dialogue. I've always struggled on that front, which is why very few of my updates include human NPCs.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 03-26-2016, 11:54 AM   #37643
Aposteriori
Banned

Are you particularly back to updating? I see you haven't done a check in, so that probably answers my question.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:00 PM   #37644
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
>best writer

Off the top of my head there's MM, MZ, Marion, and Treep. There are plenty more that are also pretty great but these four stood out the most for me. Had the pleasure of having a joint adventure with both MM and Marion before and that was really fun for me. xd
Old 03-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #37645
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

I'd like to nominate everyone for best writer~

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 03-26-2016, 12:12 PM   #37646
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Sometimes I still struggle with the English language; I know exactly what I'd want to write in Portuguese but the transation feels really off sometimes so I end up using other expressions I didn't really intend to use at first. That said, it's flattering to see you guys enjoy my writing all the same!
Old 03-26-2016, 12:16 PM   #37647
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
Sometimes I still struggle with the English language; I know exactly what I'd want to write in Portuguese but the transation feels really off sometimes so I end up using other expressions I didn't really intend to use at first. That said, it's flattering to see you guys enjoy my writing all the same!
I have the same exact problem myself, except replace Portuguese with Filipino. xd
Old 03-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #37648
BLEU
Cascade Badge

Well, from the names mentioned, I went ahead and read almost everyone's writing, at least one piece of it. And, now, I feel absolutely stupid about myself. I can't write half as good as some of you guys write. I've been working on it for as long as possible, to be a better writer. It's something I've worked on, but, if you guys take a look at my character bio or my first Arcane Zone post, you'd realize, I'm not any good at it. Although, reading what you guys have written already helps a lot. So, any feedbacks, if possible would be of a great help. And well, translating from Gujarati is amazing for me! xD

Quote:

Old 03-26-2016, 12:29 PM   #37649
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Trust me, BLEU, people improve over time. When I first started FB, my writing was probably among the worst out of anyone else here. Your RPing, from what I've seen thus far, isn't bad at all.

And I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I'd just like to register my astonishment that English wasn't MZ's first language. Had he never said anything to that effect, I seriously never would've guessed.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention- now that Tess has confirmed that nonstandard Pokémon sizes are allowable to a certain degree, I took the liberty of editing my latest Boutique post with a few things I had been considering doing.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 03-26-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:41 PM   #37650
BLEU
Cascade Badge

Oh, yes. The command MZ has over his English never made me think he was a non-English, like most of you are on FB or UPN as a whole. About Ehhhh, I had a little idea, but, only due to the fact that he told me a few days back. It is amazing how people have developed. Also, yes, one of the many reasons I signed up for FB was to improve my writing skills while doing what I love to do, as an added bonus.

Quote:

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out