UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #1326
quintowill
Soul Badge

Send a message via AIM to quintowill Send a message via MSN to quintowill Send a message via Yahoo to quintowill Send a message via Skype™ to quintowill
I'll be on in about 10 minutes.

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Note: banner is not up to date...
Old 04-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #1327
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintowill View Post
I'll be on in about 10 minutes.
Still up for a duel?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #1328
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I'll be back in an hour. Used the Dragon Deck against Shuckle and managed to outlast his worm barrage. Watched the two with phoopes and Shuckle, Worm Zero is a beast.
And if he hadn't removed Future Fusion from the field, I would have been able to bring out Worm Zero the very next turn after he played the card. With 7500 attack this time. If Worm Call hadn't been so late in arriving, I would have definitely pwnt him with a card in my hand that gained 500 attack for every monster in the Graveyard.

The game only really ended when he brought out DAD and destroyed both Worm Solids. I was planning to Tribute things to bring out Worm V and completely wreck him, but that fell through. All the same, if he had not been able to pull out Dark Armed Dragon, or if he did and wasn't able to defeat me in that turn, then I would have definitely won the duel with a snazzy flip effect.

Phoopes' deck is a bitch to face, though. You can't destroy them with card effects or they'll run all over you.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #1329
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
First Swiss round has just finished up. Played against Dino-Rabbits. Won the match in the first and second duels. Waiting on opponent assignments atm.

Not a lot of Meta running around, surprisingly. After everything is done this afternoon I'll give a bit of in depth description of the events.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #1330
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I need to face Dino-Rabbits at some point, I've only faced Wind-Up x2, Inzektors x1 and DR x0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Phoopes' deck is a bitch to face, though. You can't destroy them with card effects or they'll run all over you.
Dark Worlds are an tight machine, but there are a number of methods to throw wrenches in their operation.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #1331
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Dark Worlds are an tight machine, but there are a number of methods to throw wrenches in their operation.
Like Macros Cosmos, which also screws me over royally.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #1332
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Heres a question that came up.

1. Player 1 activates "Dark Hole"
2. Player 2 chains to Dark Hole, Accel Synchro to Stardust Dragon

Can Stardust Dragon's effect be activated to negate Dark Hole?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #1333
deoxys
Fog Badge

I want to know if you can even Accel Synchro in response to Dark Hole.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #1334
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

you CAN accel synchro in response to dark hole, but the monster that comes out would be destroyed as well. Chains resolve backwards.

As for dopple's question, no. Stardust would come out in the middle of the chain and would not be able to stop the dark hole. if you could synchro into a monster that can't be destroyed by card effects(can't think of an example off the top of my head), then that monster would survive though. Unfortunately for stardust though, since he never gets a chance to respond to the dark hole, he cannot negate it happening.

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Old 04-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #1335
quintowill
Soul Badge

Send a message via AIM to quintowill Send a message via MSN to quintowill Send a message via Yahoo to quintowill Send a message via Skype™ to quintowill
Nobody is on to duel...

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Old 04-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #1336
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintowill View Post
Nobody is on to duel...
I am!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #1337
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

So, now that I've gotten free of things, here's a recap of my tournament performance.

Spoiler: show
Swiss Round (SR) 1: Win 2-0
Vs Dino-Rabbits
D1: Pulled two D-Fissures and an Eatos in the first hand. Pretty muvh says it all. Eatos and Glad. Laquari came out first turn and gave me an early lead which I rode into a quick win.
D2: Macro comes in first hand but gets MST'd while still facedown. Glads come out and begin beating down. D-Fissure comes and makes a bit a luck. He springs Mirror Force and then manages to use Rabbit and get out a Laggia. Laggia presses me for a few turns until I get an Eatos. She comes out, gets boosted with her ability and cleans up Laggia. From there I sailed into a win.

SR2: 2-1
Vs Inzektors
D1: Summon Bestiari, Macro and War Chariot. He summons Dragonfly. I activate Macro. Inzektor engine starts with a Hornet coming out and destroying Macro. Fly's second effect activates but is negated by Chariot. Fly goes away and he's left open. Draw Test Tiger. Special summon and use effect to switch Bestiari for Octavius. Octavius destroys his facedown and is joined by Equeus. They attack and the rest of the duel continues in this Glad looping fashion until I pull a win.
D2: I draw a bad first hand (only monster was Murmillo and I didn't get Macro or D-Fissure) and proceed to get ripped apart by the Inzektor Engine.
D3: Works out much like the first with Glads looping in and out. Eatos was no help due to a Test Tiger going to the grave before I could get a Fissure out.

SR3: 2-1
Vs Chain Mill (one of the more unorthadox decks in the tournament)
D1: Didn't know what I was playing against until I'd already lost ~15 cards. I try to make a comeback but I don't and end up decking out.
D2: Choose to focus my strategy on using Equeus to fetch the cards he Mills. Works out well by continually making sure I have an Equeus to summon. Overrun his LP and take the duel.
D3: Aim for the same strategy as D2 and it works semi-well until Iron Chain Dragon comes out and starts breaking things. Manage to work Murmillo out to destroy the Dragon and I finish it with Octavius.

The Elite Eight: 2-0
Vs Gustos
D1: Things start well with D-Fissure out and Tigering Murmillo into the deck for a Laquari. After a few turns, he seems to have figured my deck out and uses one of those hax Gusto traps to put Tiger in my graveyard, making Eatos a non-resource. I still manage to pull the win thanks to Laquaris.
D2: A few turns in I fall prey to the trap again, putting Tiger in the grave and voiding Eatos. A couple turns later, I find myself on the wrong end of a Synchro set up. Gulldos arrives and tries to spring its effect but is run over by a Chariot. After that it becomes a match of card recycling. In the end, the attack point advantage Glads have over the average Gusto manage to snag the win. (Was close though. I ended up with only 1900 LP at the end.)

The Final Four: 0-2
Vs Dark Worlds. This is where I met my end. Despite the glaring advantage (3 D-Fissure and 2 Macros) I fell. My opponent would go on to win the final match. He wasn't a dick though, so it was cool.
D1: Got stuck going second. He activates 2 Dark World Dealings on the first turn and I end up staring down titans right off the bat. My turn I manage to pull Eatos and get her out.... only to lose her to Raigeki Break. The trap bring out another monster and I realize I'm screwed. I throw Bestiari in defense. A two turns later I'm completely overwhelmed.
D2: I choose to go first. It doesn't help much. In only a few turns I'm getting blasted by high attack monsters and can only watch as my LP goes to zilch.

The Battle for the Bronze: Didn't happen. I was tired by this point and thought I had done well enough for myself. So, I shook her hand and politely bowed out.
(Would've been) Vs Zombie World

So yeah. Fourth place ain't bad.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #1338
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

No, that is KICK ARSE awesome. I'm very impressed that the deck you made yourself and used against me could clean clock against two Tier-1 meta-decks.

Congratulations!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #1339
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Great job, Kusari! Awesome deck! Surprised you couldn't beat Dark worlds, poor luck D=

Thanks Pengy!

Old 04-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #1340
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
No, that is KICK ARSE awesome. I'm very impressed that the deck you made yourself and used against me could clean clock against two Tier-1 meta-decks.

Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner89 View Post
Great job, Kusari! Awesome deck! Surprised you couldn't beat Dark worlds, poor luck D=
Thanks guys. And yeah Tuner, I was also surprised I didn't beat the Dark Worlds. I knew going into the match that I would be up against Dark Worlds and was a bit confident that I could win. Luck really shit on me by not giving the one-in-eight chance of drawing one of the removal cards.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #1341
Sneaze
Mrow?

I kind of want to see how similar kusari's deck is to my RFP deck...

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 04-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #1342
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
I kind of want to see how similar kusari's deck is to my RFP deck...
My guess would be: not very. The RFPing is mainly to keep monsters out of my graveyard for a quick Eatos summoning.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #1343
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Darkworlds poop on Gladiator beasts Drawing your RFP was your only hope, haha

Thanks Pengy!

Old 04-15-2012, 02:02 AM   #1344
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

kusari's deck might be the only Gladiator-Beast deck I've faced, I don't think I even recognized it as such when he dueled me earlier. Is there a reason it's rare?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #1345
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Had a couple of good duels with Dopple's Infernity a few hours ago

Game One: Can't remember the specifics, but I think I got Dopple down to a few thousand before he took me down with a XYZ and Synchro.

Game 2: Nuked his field one or two times. Got him down to 400 LP when he summoned a Doom Dragon, a Hundred-Eyes Dragon, a Necromancer and an Archfiend and wiped my field except for a World Tree, which got three counters from the monsters I lost. I drew and summoned Giant Cephalotus, used two of the Counters on World Tree to destroy Doom Dragon and the third to raise Cephalotus's Attack by 400 to destroy Archfiend for the win.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #1346
phoopes
Double Dragon

Gladiator Beasts... I forget who ran that against me once, but it wasn't Kusari. I think it might have been quintowill. Not sure.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #1347
quintowill
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Gladiator Beasts... I forget who ran that against me once, but it wasn't Kusari. I think it might have been quintowill. Not sure.
Guilty...

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Old 04-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #1348
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

They're rare because, like infernities, you have to be good at the game to run them right.

Thanks Pengy!

Old 04-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #1349
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
kusari's deck might be the only Gladiator-Beast deck I've faced, I don't think I even recognized it as such when he dueled me earlier. Is there a reason it's rare?
It's not so much rare as not used much anymore. It was an efficient Anti-Meta in 2010 or 2011 (I forget which one). When the Meta changed it kinda move away from usage. I just found it interesting and my friend had played it back when and still had the cards so I was like "awesome I'm gonna use it".
Old 04-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #1350
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Anyone up to test my newest abomination?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment