UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 03-15-2017, 08:07 PM   #7426
McSweeney
Soul Badge

That's just it. I felt like I had an unfair advantage in university being so much older than the other punk kids glued to their phones who don't know how to write anything beyond a 140 character Tweet.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:37 PM   #7427
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Watched Episode 02 of Kuzu no Honkai. First half was mildly entertaining, generally okay. Second half was good -- and while the entire time you're watching it you're thinking, "This is predictable development " and patting yourself on the back, SUDDENLY THAT ENDING AND MAN. XD

Eagerly onto Episode 03, but only because of how 02 ended. Oh: and I guess also because of my fan theory I shared with Yuki upon scrutinizing the OP while starting Episode 02:
One intriguing thing about Kuzu no Honkai, from hyper-analyzing the OP just now, is that there is an imbalance in the representation of the main four lovebirds. Nominally, you have Hanabi (girl who likes neighbor young man), Onii-chan (neighbor young man), Lady Teacher (now dating Onii-chan), and Mugi (boy who likes Lady Teacher). When Lady Teacher and Onii-chan start dating, Hanabi and Mugi "start dating" to hide their cover that they're ... secretly working together to win over their true crushes? (Already this is worse than Toradora ... XP)

So you'd expect all four to be equally represented in the OP OR Hanabi and Mugi to be there a ton, and the two older characters not so much.

But that isn't what's happened.

What's happened is, Onii-chan is barely in the OP but Lady Teacher is in it almost as much as the main two -- particularly in the second half of the OP. (Editor's note: I'm not exactly right here, but right enough. XP)

And there's a shot where Lady Teacher's eyes look anime trope Vampire Red. (Editor's note: It looked more purple than red in Episode 03's OP, but still ...)

So like ...

Half the reason One reason I tuned in to this show was because mai waifu Irisviel is playing the part of Lady Teacher. And now part of me hopes my Aku no Hana spidey sense tingling is correct and this might be a rare showing from everyone's favorite anime mom: her playing a villainous psycho woman who is secretly in love with Mugi in actuality, who only dated Onii-chan to make Mugi jealous and push him into confessing to her, but it backfired and Mugi ends up "going out" with Hanabi, she thinks he really is going out with her too, and now she's pissed, jealous, murderous ...

WE WILL SEE!

10 points to me though if I just called it. ;o
We shall see ... ;o

----------

An update on the CrunchyRoll story: CR is in damage control mode, having issued a statement feigning innocence while at the same time assuring subscribers that THE ENTIRE CATALOG will be fixed with better encodes than what we're seeing right now. Sooooooooooooo ... we'll see! But it's pretty crap that they try to pass this off as a systems test from this weekend gone horribly awry when Daiz already pointed out in his exposé that they've been caught doing this since mid-2016, progressively ramping it up over the last six months, and that the only new thing that happened this weekend was the implementation of the shitty encodes for even brand-spanking-new uploads.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:44 PM   #7428
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I do too. But for me it isn't like "oh I grew out of it" or "sigh anime these days is so crappy." (Although, when I take a gander at the offerings, I do think that second one's got some claim ...! ^^; ) If you're not watching much anime right now either, I suspect your reasons are pretty similar to my own -- got a lot of other stuff to do and only so many hours in the day, week, month, and year in which to do it. I know you do a lot of physical training. I know you at least used to, if not still today, allocate a lot of time to e-sports. And of course you also work. All of these things take up your time. For me it's a pretty similar situation, although mine plays out more in my own head as a "queue" or a "list", where in any given month I have a list of some, say, five projects that are 1-2-3-4-5 ranked in priority and then every so often an invader from outer space will arrive to cut in line. For example, this month that 1-2-3-4-5 list could probably be filled out like "Japanese, Pokémon Sun, Katawa Shoujo, Skyward Sword, re-watching Prisma Ilya S1 to pave the way to finishing S2 and starting S3 and S4," and for the cutters in line we have ourselves Logan which has forced me to go and watch First Class, Days of Future Past, and soon The Wolverine and Apocalypse, all because of a movie that I didn't even know existed two months ago and that now I'd really like to see.
Another part of the problem is due to the evolution of "social media", forums have become something like blogs where posts are "Content" themselves. Whereas in the past posts were more comparable to what IM mediates, now there is a sense of obligation that posts have to meet some threshold of length and quality before it's self-approved for posting. I know because I feel it - you either have to be insightful, humourful, or perhaps more essentially original, simply going "FUCK YEAR" or "WIN AND GOD!" leaves a sense of awkwardness like you just committed a faux pas.

I think that you, myself, or BBB could start our own independent anime blogs and get a following. That's the level of sophistication we've built up over years of refinement for anime analysis. BBB might downplay this, but his irreverent jokes are hilarious and I don't think he gives himself enough credit for how subversive he is.

I know certain users - like PikaGod - are constantly spectating this thread. Others read it and occasionally offer commentary. But that commentary does indeed read more like "blog comments" rather than "blog posts", in a thread where essentially we have several blog-caliber posters talking about stuff, so I can see why they'd just sit back and let others talk.

Quote:
Watched Episode 02 of Kuzu no Honkai. First half was mildly entertaining, generally okay. Second half was good -- and while the entire time you're watching it you're thinking, "This is predictable development " and patting yourself on the back, SUDDENLY THAT ENDING AND MAN. XD
The full title of the anime is:

Kuzu no "cave unexplored, no pipe unplumbed" Honkai
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:41 AM   #7429
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I watched an episode of the "bad CR encode", but honestly, I couldn't tell. The quality seemed fine to me. Maybe my eyes developed an immunity to the harmful radiation from "bad quality" encodes and scans.

I'm still watching my shows, and I haven't dropped anything other than Masamune-kun. Nothing has really changed from my last post, so I haven't felt like posting. I was considering picking up Kemono Friends because of all the attention it's getting. I originally dropped it 30 seconds after starting the first episode, but maybe things get better after the amateur voice acting and meh CGI.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #7430
deoxys
Fog Badge

Re: CR debacle - cautiously optimistic
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:33 PM   #7431
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

In spite of that "damage control" Crunchy is still releasing episodes late, and in 480p.

I've been at work for ~14 hours and Youjo Senki 10 isn't out.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-18-2017, 04:33 PM   #7432
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Chrono Clock was released. I'm not sure on quality, but as far as I know, it's the only VN translated with Koku's art, so it's something. I just hope the writing quality is as good as the art! Himawari is also supposedly amazing, so it's also on my backlog.

So I started:

Kemono Friends
So after 5 episodes, I still don't get its popularity. It's a kid's show that teaches kids about animals. That's all it is, and it isn't trying to be anything more. It's not unwatchable like I originally thought, so I guess that's a plus. I don't buy the whole "it's really cute" reason, because it's competing against this, and it doesn't even come close. The CGI really doesn't look very good. If the look isn't enough, it's the off animation. It doesn't even look close to walking. It looks like they're sliding. If I were to name a plus, it's the character designs.

For other shows:

Little Witch Academia
This has lost its magic. It's still interesting, but most of the episodes so far have been about Akko making an ass out of herself. It's even more discouraging when she shows little growth. I'm still interested, but I'm not as excited as I was when I started.

I will go on about other shows later, but now I'm running short on time.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:26 PM   #7433
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Youjo Senki 10 revealed that the British mages ride brooms into battle.

It's increasingly likely the Ottomans will, in fact, be riding magic carpets.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-20-2017, 11:29 PM   #7434
Talon87
時の彼方へ

"THIS SHOW HAS GOTTEN REALLY DARK!"

- me, just finishing Kuzu no Honkai Episode 04

"Toradora! meets Aku no Hana" ... I want to claim, "Called it! ", but the truth is that this show has left its Toradora!ness behind and is charging full steam ahead into full Aku no Hana territory.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #7435
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
"THIS SHOW HAS GOTTEN REALLY DARK!"

- me, just finishing Kuzu no Honkai Episode 04

"Toradora! meets Aku no Hana" ... I want to claim, "Called it! ", but the truth is that this show has left its Toradora!ness behind and is charging full steam ahead into full Aku no Hana territory.
>Making comparisons to Aku no Hana

Ok, guess what I just started watching

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:43 PM   #7436
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Holy crackers Kemono Friends has bad animation.

I remember that one time where I showed the "English is shit" MLA scene to BPK and his response was, "Wow, that animation is terrible!".

That scene looks 1000% better than Kemono Friends. Wow.

Also, I'm bored, so how about that Youjo Senki fun topic.

Since spoilers are abound, I think I can sort of clarify Kemono Friends' popularity. BBB, keep watching. You'll see.

And you'll probably hate it.

For the uninitiated:

Spoiler: show
Kemono Friends knew it was coming into this season with no budget and facing the isekai heavyweights Konosuba and Youjo Senki. To stand a chance, especially before the German War Machine, it had to be bold. So it took the route of Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku and became the "Madoka" of this season.

The final episode bombed Twitter. It's world trending and has basically shut down the Japanese Twitter servers.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 03-21-2017 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:43 PM   #7437
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

Death Note is coming to netflix... as a live movie.

We can only pray that the potato chip scene is as intense.
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:26 PM   #7438
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Kemono Friends
Are people so starved for interesting things that they feel the need to act like shows are something they're not, or are they just stupid? Well it's either that or someone is bullshitting us. I watched everything so far and I saw nothing that would even begin to compare it to Madoka. The show itself has an interesting bit with Kaban, but besides that, it's just a boring kid's show. What they do with Kaban, and how she's treated after it's revealed what "friend" she is kept me interested. I admit that it's obvious what she is. Sadly, that's 10% of the focus. Otherwise, it's just learning about animals and bad animation/CGI. Its popularity still doesn't make sense to me. At the very least, this show is better than Masamune-kun and Gabriel Dropout! Also, I learned that the character designs are done by the person who does Keroro Gunsou's character designs.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
This show had an early end, which is disappointing. The first few episodes were great, but as the show went on, the humor started getting stale. I would still say this is one of the better shows of the season. It's just that after a while, I got kind of tired of the same old Darkness shtick. It's still strange they only had the budget for 10 episodes, since season 1 did so well.

Since fans like interpreting shows in obviously wrong ways, let me try to straighten their wrong perception. First off, you all are completely wrong about Code Geass. Let me clarify. It's really about Sylvester Stallone using his magic iron knuckles to stop the Japanese empire from turning the citizens into tentacle monsters. The knuckles were given to him by a girl made from a fusion of pizza and Hello Kitty. The girl is Mary-Kate Olsen. The problem is that a golden Kingpin with a missile launcher keeps stopping their efforts to make Japan a better place. Mary-Kate uses her magical OD vomit to turn Sylvester Stallone into a giant mech to stop the Kingpin and the corrupt Japanese government.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:25 PM   #7439
Talon87
時の彼方へ

A perennial anime favorite -- the high school trip to the ski resort -- has ended with no fewer than eight casualties today. NPR reports that "an avalanche struck a Japanese ski resort midmorning on Monday, overwhelming a student mountaineering exercise and leaving at least eight people with no vital signs, according to local authorities. Some 40 other students and teachers were injured in the avalanche, which hit the area in Tochigi Prefecture, nearly 100 miles north of Tokyo." Romanticized for me by such series as Toradora! and Suzumiya Haruhi, it's sad to hear that this particular ski trip ended in such tragedy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

While I'm posting, a quick status update. Most of my media-watching free time over the past two weeks has been sucked up by movies. (Four X-Men movies and Moana.) So I haven't watched any new Kuzu no Honkai, any new-old Prisma Ilya, or read any further into Katawa Shoujo or Suzumiya Haruhi since the last time I posted. I continue to be preoccupied with some other projects, which leaves precious little time left for gross media consumption, but I will probably have some new things to say about Kuzu no Honkai in the coming weeks, I'm guessing, if Episode 04 was any indication of things to come.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:31 PM   #7440
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I forget the last time I've talked about anime on UPNetwork, so I'll go back as far as I can of recent memory.

I've had a slight break at work due to the business moving to a new location. I can't really help much with renovations, so I've only gone in when I felt like helping with little things like putting up shelves and such. I've also been lazy. I also decided to explore the newest genre sadly sparked by the garbage SAO: trapped in a fantasy setting.

So I watched some anime. First in recent memory is Log Horizon seasons 1 & 2. Pretty good compared to the shithole Sword Art Online. I liked that it actually felt like a real game with cooldown timers on spells and a writer who knows what games are actually like instead of SAO's button mash speed wins all fights non-sense. Both had rule breakers in a sense, but Shiroe explains that he's able to 'break rules' because the world isn't a game anymore as opposed to dumbfuck just being somehow better than everyone for no raisin. I liked season 2 a bit more than season 1 because of the Raid Dungeons storyline. How the Silver Swords explained that losing at raids and dying in the game very quickly demoralized his guild felt like a realistic mentality. I know I've played MMOs where the guild would fail at various missions and people would leave either the guild or the game overall. Since no one can leave the game, it made sense that the members would settle for a more mundane life. Tetra was a bit creepy though. Season 3?

Next I saw Overlord under Kuno's suggestion. I personally didn't feel it was bad, but I felt really slow. Like there was the idea that the main character would try to conquer the realm, but he's honestly going about it in the slowest and somewhat least interesting way possible. There was also seemingly a lot of set up and no pay off, no character arcs and a lot of characters felt unused. I do hope the second season picks it up, but currently it's been a mediocre experience for me.

KonoSuba 1 & 2 was a nice parody of the genre. The series worked pretty well overall, although I felt the second season had a pretty bad middle portion. Anyway, with Kazuma being our entry into the world as well as being the straight man when compared to the other wacky characters, it was nice to see a series with good basics of understanding comedy. I feel like a lot of shows (and even comics and manga or US shows) fall into the trap that EVERYONE is crazy and wacky and wild and it just gets dull.

Grimgar was my last one of the genre. Oh boy. An actual dark and gritty fantasy setting. The first goblin kill was pretty brutal with the vicious stabbings. The series also hammers home that death was big and had long standing effects on the characters. While SAO showed that whathisface had been scarred by the death of his tiny guild, it really wasn't the same. The way it was depicted still showed him as a bit of an outsider and the fact that he never revealed his levels to them showed he wasn't fully in their group. In Grimgar, they're all basically lead by Manato and open up to him. They all share in the plight of their slow progress and poverty. And so his loss after they started to get into being a better party really shakes everyone and it makes sense and has a deeper impact on everyone including the audience. And while I understand that there isn't much plot, the main point is that this is a character drama, so a big world saving story isn't really needed. Hope there's a Season 2.

Not in genre, but I also watched some of God-Eater. I briefly played the PSP game, which I only played due to it's similarity to Monster Hunter, but I kind of regret it. Possibly because I can't really immerse myself into the world or the sheer fact that they have an episode where they fight standing on top of a giant flying plane and hopping around and not flying off to their death greatly disturbed me. The art was weird too, sometimes looking like computer models and sometimes looking like GARBAGE. Dropped.

Berserk. More 3D computer animated mixed with cartoon weird shit. The Berserk animated films looked considerably better, but the show just looked so awful. I sadly had to drop this as well. It was bothering me too much.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:22 PM   #7441
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

You should pick up the Berserk manga if you're into that again, Loki! I can't say WHAT, but a big thing is going down in the manga right now, a thing that has been decades in the making.

I feel bad that you liked Log Horizon more than Overlord. I enjoyed Log Horizon when I first saw it, but I felt the same toward .hack//sign, even though .hack is horribly outdated now. LH, and the other isekai title Re:Monster, have aged pretty badly compared to newer things like Overlord and Konosuba.

Overlord itself is intended to be slow, because the setting is designed to be a D&D campaign in the process of being corrupted by influence from a MMORPG. That isn't apparent in the anime but is pretty clear in the novel. When your main character is an undying, ageless lich with near unlimited power, he can take his time doing whatever the fudge he wants.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-28-2017, 01:22 AM   #7442
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I understand that Overlord is a novel and that continues the story, but if you're changing a work into another media and it leaves a bunch of plot lines open at the end of it's run, it's pretty much an incomplete work and I have to rate it based on that. Like I said, I saw the series set up for a lot of things, but there's no payoff within the series itself. Could season 2 fix all of that. Sure. And I'll re-review the series as a whole then, but as of now, it's not the best.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:43 AM   #7443
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I don't disagree that the anime had problems - it had a troubled development with most of Madhouse's staff gushing over OPM - but when I saw it, I enjoyed the heck out of it even without any novel knowledge. It's easy for someone to go "the original form was better!" but I had no such bias.

At the very least, I found it superior to Log Horizon which degraded into cliches and memes halfway through the first season. That's really what I find hard to accept versus 'Overlord was flawed' which most people agree on. But I'm also kind of on an island regarding LH as well.

Perhaps it's fair to say that I feel the better RPG-style "isekai" titles tend to emphasize what the story does not have in common with an RPG, versus most stories which emphasize how the main character (usually a loser) can now be a winner with society's rules acting like Dragon Quest.

That said, Log Horizon is kind of old in the development of isekai, even though when it first came out (2011) it was fairly innovative. It's already a grandfather to things like Overlord which came out in 2013.

Actually, I think at this point I should detail a bit of the community growing around these "isekai" novelists. They know each other and have some interactions.

1. Overlord & Konosuba's authors actually play D&D with Log Horizon's.
2. Konosuba's author is good friends with Re:Zero's
3. Overlord and Youjo Senki's authors are friends and love each other's work.
4. The Log Horizon author went to prison for tax evasion. =3=
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-28-2017, 04:51 AM   #7444
Crys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
4. The Log Horizon author went to prison for tax evasion. =3=
lmao that partially explains the lack of a s3

how much did he evade

where's my ngnl s2 though? we're getting a bloody movie before they even wrap up the series gdi.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:41 AM   #7445
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Madhouse only has so much staff for projects. People act like NGNL got shafted for some odd reason because it didn't get picked up for a second season, even though Madhouse's next year had titles like Overlord, One Punch Man and Death Parade.

Overlord was a bigger hit for the studio and had a tougher crowd from its brother in OPM, than NGNL did. The movie is a good way to raise funds for a S2.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-29-2017, 02:11 AM   #7446
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Anime nowadays is mostly just a sample of the source material. I think you'll only get a couple shows a year that actually conclude themselves.

New shows are ending. I guess now is a good time to go on about them.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai
This is a strange show. It's not particularly funny, exciting, or touching, but it's still entertaining. The characters are interesting without being stereotypes. It's nice how it's not the harem it seemed as well. Most of the show is helping these demi-humans and looking at them in pretty down-to-earth and rational ways. It's not an amazing show, but I like seeing a new episode appear. I'm not sure if this deserves a 6 or a 7. I guess I'll give it a 6. I liked it, but it didn't evoke any strong emotion or anything.

Gabriel DropOut
I'm so glad this show is finally over. What a disappointment. This show gave an occasional chuckle, but more often than not, it was dull cringy "jokes". Why did I stick with it? I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA! If I were to name a positive, it's that the show looks nice. The art is really cute, but that doesn't count for much. Gabriel Dropout has a neat premise, but it didn't go anywhere. The trendy douchebag subtitles didn't help things. Gabriel Dropout gets a 5.

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
This is a similar case to Demi-chan. It's not very funny, touching, or exciting, but I still like it. Most of my enjoyment comes from the more serious bits with the mythical characters trying to adjust to society. One disappointment is that I waited 8 episode for a character who was spoiled by the ED to appear, but they didn't do anything with her. She ended up being lovely, but she never did much! They also made eating her shtick, but another character does it better. Also like Demi-chan, I don't know if it deserves a 6 or a 7. I guess I shall give ye a 6! This show does sort of make history. It's the first Kyoto show since Clannad to not use the K-On art style!

Chrono Clock
I decided to play this, and what a letdown it was. The only good thing about this is the art. The characters are annoying, and the protagonist constantly goes on about getting a girlyfriend. It really sucks that the first translated VN with Koku's art was such a flop.

I'm kind of late, but we have a season chart for the next season. OH BOY WHAT A SELECTION WE HAVE! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Hero Academia - I read most of the available manga, so I'm not too interested in watching this. I look forward to the porn atleast!

Tsugumomo - Probably the only show I'm interested in. What I read of the manga was interesting, so hopefully this will turn out well.

Kyoukai no Rinne 3 - This crap is getting 3 seasons? I guess dull and uninteresting shows get all the seasons.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:20 AM   #7447
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I see Natsume Yuujinchou S6 and that's about it for titles of interest to me.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:22 AM   #7448
Crys

Fair points on NGNL Dopple. I didn't consider that. Thanks for pointing that out.

--

>New Duel Masters, looks completely different than what I remember it being

what ever happened to Duel Masters here in the US? Is it still big in Japan? I remember having a few of the gameboy advanced games for it and enjoying them, but it just kinda seemed to vanish. Where along the line did it drop in quality like that?

--

As for the season, nothing in particular stands out. The amount of series with absurdly long names was amusing though. Ones i realistically may watch weekly are Academia and Granblue, but given I binged the source for Academia I doubt it'll be as enjoyable as if I had left it alone. Liked the Granblue game a bit, watching it mainly for that factor.

There are a few I may watch an episode or two for though, given the absurdity of the summary. Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? is one of those.

Fucking Leprechauns mans.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:37 AM   #7449
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crys View Post
There are a few I may watch an episode or two for though, given the absurdity of the summary. Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? is one of those.
Wikipedia, Trailer

This seems like the latest in an unfortunately long line of stories which seek to grab your attention through an obnoxiously long title. All originality is out the door now, it seems, and the author simply provides us with three flat-out sentences. "What are you doing this weekend? Are you busy? Can I have you rescue me?" Mcsweeney has mentioned in the past that it would be nice if people used more English-language translated titles over Japanese ones simply because English is our common tongue and an English-language title like "Attack on Titan" or "Gargantia the Water Planet" is more likely to grab attention than "Shingeki no Kyojin" or "Suisei no Gargantia" would be, but fuck if this English title is much better than its original Japanese. What would we shorten it to? "Weekend Save Me OK?"

Even the Japanese, normally so clever with title shortenings, were at a loss what to do with this one. They ended up shortening it to Sukasuka -- which comes from the copula + question marker "desu ka?" at the end of the second and third sentences. (Or I guess it could also come from the end of Sentence 1 too from "shitemasu ka?". Makes no difference!) It doesn't even contain root word information on the title the way that OreImo, TeniPuri, or Saikano do. Even Haganai at least connotes with its "ga nai" that the title's speaker doesn't have something. "Sukasuka" literally tells us nothing other than that questions were asked. *sigh*

Credit where credit is due: at least the author wrapped things up in five volumes. Didn't milk the cash cow ad infinitum. Knew when the story had come to its natural conclusion and concluded it. (Though I do spy the existence of an ongoing sequel ...)
Old 03-29-2017, 10:09 AM   #7450
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

More like the story was canned after 5 volumes. Kadokawa might be the LN monopoly but there's no shortage of fresh new entries into its ranks every month. It's not as brutal and political as the manga market is, but it's still a competitive job market.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime