UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 03-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
deoxys
Fog Badge

Pokemon Rumble U

Nintendo wants to cash in on the Skylanders $1B profit of sales for figurines.

Pokemon Rumble U will be out for download in Japan this April and players will be able to buy figures that they can put on their Wii U pads to be recognized and used in game.

HO BOY!

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

No one saw this coming. NO ONE

Also I've noticed an increase in Pokemon games I have no interest in getting lately. I consider this a bad thing... their spinoffs are becoming increasingly stupid.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Pokémon Puzzle League?
Pokémon Trozei?
Pokémon Dash?
Pokémon Ranger?

I dunno about getting dumber and dumber. There have been some pretty dumb spinoffs in the past. And we still have Mystery Dungeon (although the latest entry in the franchise seems to be the most disappointing, so that sort of fits with your theory). And I quite enjoyed what they attempted with Pokémon Conquest, a.k.a. Pokémon+Nobunaga's Ambition. It was a bit clumsy, and as SRPGs go it was very much for beginners and not for seasoned veterans, but the story premise was cute, the character designs interesting, and I'd very much like to see a second, more polished entry in the series.

While I was driving home yesterday, I was actually thinking to myself about how Gen V got shafted as far as Pokémon Stadium games go:
  • Gen 1: PokéSta 1, PokéSta 2 (US: Pokémon Stadium)
  • Gen 2: PokéSta 3 (US: Pokémon Stadium 2)
  • Gen 3: Pokémon Colosseum, Pokémon XD
  • Gen 4: Pokémon Battle Revolution
  • Gen 5: ---
Each gen got at least one 3D battle simulation game and a couple of them got two. But Gen 5 didn't get a single one. Now that Gen 6 is upon us and it seems to be bringing with it 3D "just-like-the-anime" cel shaded creature models (YES ), I wonder what the situation is with the 3D battle simulators. Are they considered obsolete now that we live in an era where handhelds are more powerful than N64s and support wireless broadband internet connections? Or is there still a demand for "realistic 3D models" alongside the cel shaded anime look fans like myself are happy to see coming to the main series games? I remember when PBR trailers were first shown, before the Wii was even out, and somebody (Nintendo or fans, I forget who ) lied and suggested that the graphics in PBR were so good that you could see individual follicles of hair on Pikachu's fuzzy body. Is that goal long gone? Are we no longer trying to make 3D battle simulators which couple the franchise's rather cartoonish designs with realistic elements like hair/fur, scales, and so forth? I dunno. Guess we'll find out if a 3D battle simulator for the Wii U isn't unveiled by January 2015.

One spinoff I'd love to see come back would be Pokémon Pinball. As a kid, I always loved pinball games -- I owned two of them on Game Boy, Kirby's Pinball Land and of course Pokémon Pinball -- and I think it could be fun to have a gorgeous Pokémon-themed pinball game on the 3DS. As far as the problem of having too many monsters goes, it's easy: instead of making a different table for each version within a generation (Red and Blue in the original, Ruby and Sapphire in the sequel), you make a different table for each generation. The Kanto pinball machine, the Johto pinball machine, etc. Make it so that you can capture the original 151 in the first one, the next 100 in the second, and so on. As far as babies and pre-evos go, don't lose sleep over it: just flip a coin, game designers, and either include a species line in any generation where it had a stage of evolution debut (so like, you can catch Pichu both on the Kanto table as well as on the Johto table) or else make it so that babies and later-game evos are solely catchable on the tables where they debuted (so like, you can catch Pikachu only on the Kanto pinball machine and Pichu only on the Johto one). Regardless, that should address the problem of "too many monsters to catch makes the game impossible @_@" quite cleanly.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Hey now, Ranger was surprisingly awesome. :T
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #5
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I dunno. None of those games appealed to me at all.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON