UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 07-05-2016, 05:47 PM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

VGC US Nationals 2016

I was curious to see how it turned out. After quite a bit of digging over the past day, I finally found this upload of the championship round. Even if you're not a fan of Doubles or of VGC 2016, if you're a fan of competitive Pokémon then I think you'll find these games exciting. I tried to multitask but could not. The games demanded my full attention.

Spoiler: show
Another US Nationals, another fresh set of names. Chase Lybbert and Aaron Traylor. Neither is new to VGC, but neither are they names I was familiar with before now. Traylor is a moderator over at Nugget Bridge. (Cool!) And Lybbert I believe I've seen before in various articles but never as a national or world champion. So good for both players for making it this far.

Thankfully we avoided a mirror match in the finals, making for good entertainment. Chase's team was Primal Groudon, Xerneas, Mega Kangaskhan, and Cresselia. Aaron's team was Primal Groudon, Bronzong, Mega Rayquaza, and Smeargle.

It was amazing to see the tides turn as they did. I couldn't believe Aaron won Game 1 after Chase essentially made it 4-2 without incurring any setbacks. Game 2 had a similar 180 turnaround, and Game 3 was just nuts with how often sente was exchanged. Crazy.

None of the Pokémon were shiny. Hopefully this means the players don't gen the way their seniors do. Probably it simply means that the genning VGC community has advised its players against genning for bling like shininess lest you broadcast that you're a genner. Regardless, it was at least nice to not see a myriad of ugly miscolors.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:24 PM   #2
Heather
Naga's Voice

Oh no there's still genning aplenty in VGCs, or genning and then breeding which some people (mistakenly) believe legalizes the offspring (according to the Pokemon Company, that's a no).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON