UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #201
Charminions
Your reality is mine

After much waiting...

Gilded Town - Please reply in LemonChiffon

Missingno. Master: You look on at the herd of Tauros in exasperation. A quick head counts shows that there are now 18 Tauros lying in front of you, 3 of which are real, while the other 15 are clones. Calling out your orders once again, you hear the herd cry out in unison once more. "Oh no..." Kaden mutters, recognizing what's occurring.

In a split second, the herd of Tauros split apart and scatter off in all directions. "Stop them! Quick!" Kaden shouts. Severus answers the call, taking in a deep breath as frosty air starts to form, before breathing out a full blown Blizzard. The snow and ice-filled barrage of wind soars through the air and into two Tauros, dissipating upon the impact of the wind. They were just clones.

Helga also follows along, her fist glowing a light brown as he charges after a few of the Tauros. She reaches one just in time to swing her arm around for a Rock Smash, phazing through the Tauros in the process as she trips over herself, this was a clone as well. The Makuhita helplessly gets back up, dissapointed as the remaining Tauros continue to run off.

On Tyson's side, the Hariyama slaps his large hands together, creating a powerful Whirlwind that rips through two more Tauros clones while Severus flies in and Bites down one more clone like a Bug. "This isn't enough," Kaden mutters, before turning to you, "We have to split up. These Tauros are going to wreck havoc across the town if we don't stop them. Only the three real ones can cause any real destruction, but that's still 3 too many. I'll cover the north and east sides, you get the west and south. Meet me back here in the plaza, in front of the fountain, when you're done." He stops to point towards the fountain before dashing off to the east, his large Hariyama sluggishly trailing behind him.

You stand before the central plaza as the Tauros run off in various directions through the town. To the east you see Kaden chase 3 Tauros on a commercial street full of shops, a Pokemon Center, and a small hotel. To your north you see a small park and several large houses (where the wealthier residents keep their homes) which 3 Tauros are heading to. To the west you see a primary school, a park, and some more houses, which 4 Tauros are charging towards. To the south is another housing area, though the houses in this area are smaller to the ones in the north. 2 Tauros are charging into this part.

There are 12 Tauros remaining. What will you do?
Old 08-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #202
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charminions View Post

Missingno. Master: You look on at the herd of Tauros in exasperation. A quick head counts shows that there are now 18 Tauros lying in front of you, 3 of which are real, while the other 15 are clones. Calling out your orders once again, you hear the herd cry out in unison once more. "Oh no..." Kaden mutters, recognizing what's occurring.

In a split second, the herd of Tauros split apart and scatter off in all directions. "Stop them! Quick!" Kaden shouts. Severus answers the call, taking in a deep breath as frosty air starts to form, before breathing out a full blown Blizzard. The snow and ice-filled barrage of wind soars through the air and into two Tauros, dissipating upon the impact of the wind. They were just clones.

Helga also follows along, her fist glowing a light brown as he charges after a few of the Tauros. She reaches one just in time to swing her arm around for a Rock Smash, phazing through the Tauros in the process as she trips over herself, this was a clone as well. The Makuhita helplessly gets back up, dissapointed as the remaining Tauros continue to run off.

On Tyson's side, the Hariyama slaps his large hands together, creating a powerful Whirlwind that rips through two more Tauros clones while Severus flies in and Bites down one more clone like a Bug. "This isn't enough," Kaden mutters, before turning to you, "We have to split up. These Tauros are going to wreck havoc across the town if we don't stop them. Only the three real ones can cause any real destruction, but that's still 3 too many. I'll cover the north and east sides, you get the west and south. Meet me back here in the plaza, in front of the fountain, when you're done." He stops to point towards the fountain before dashing off to the east, his large Hariyama sluggishly trailing behind him.

You stand before the central plaza as the Tauros run off in various directions through the town. To the east you see Kaden chase 3 Tauros on a commercial street full of shops, a Pokemon Center, and a small hotel. To your north you see a small park and several large houses (where the wealthier residents keep their homes) which 3 Tauros are heading to. To the west you see a primary school, a park, and some more houses, which 4 Tauros are charging towards. To the south is another housing area, though the houses in this area are smaller to the ones in the north. 2 Tauros are charging into this part.

There are 12 Tauros remaining. What will you do?
As Keith quickly counted up the herd of mainly illusory Tauros before him, the entire herd cried out as one. Kaden muttered "Oh no..." as though he knew what this meant, and that what this meant was not good.

Sure enough, before Keith could even open his mouth to ask, the herd split up, the Tauros scattering in all directions. Kaden's urgent urging to stop them was not needed, for Severus and Helga were quick to act, though their attacks merely caused a trio of clones to vanish. Kaden turned to Keith and stated that they had to split up. Keith nodded in response. "Got it," he replied. As Kaden ran off to the east with Tyson trailing behind him, Keith stood before the central plaza, looking all around.

"Dis ain't good," Meowth remarked as the Tauros ran in all directions, wreaking havoc. "Dose Tauros is everywhere!"

"Maku..." sighed Helga, looking somewhat upset with herself. Noticing this, Keith crouched down to talk to the Makuhita.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Helga," he said kindly to her. "So all you managed to hit was a Double Team clone. No big deal. They're supposed to be impossible to tell from the real deal, that's what makes that move so damn good. Now let's take these Tauros down, what do you say?"

Now looking significantly happier, Helga smiled at her trainer. "Hita Makuhita!" she exclaimed, before running off to the west before Keith could stop her.

"OK, Severus, return," Keith stated, withdrawing his Dustox to his Poké Ball. Then, he took out another ball.

"OK, wat's da plan?" Meowth asked.

"Well, those Tauros are fast, so we need to be faster," Keith stated, throwing the ball. "Let's ride, Salazar!" he added as the large grey insect materialized.

"Scolipeeeede!" exclaimed Salazar as Keith climbed onto the Scolipede's back.

"Salazar, follow Helga!" Keith ordered, pointing in the direction the Makuhita was running.

"Scol," nodded Salazar as he took off at a gallop in the same direction as Helga.

"Helga," Keith called after his Makuhita as she charged towards the Tauros, "Use your Arm Thrust attack! Then follow up with a Mega Punch! Salazar," he added, addressing his ride, "Use Sludge Bomb on one, and Venoshock on another!"
Old 08-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #203
Lightpanda
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
*********** Forest – Reply in Darkolivegreen
Lightpanda:

Though unnerving at first, adventure was what you came for and backing down when it might literally be around the corner is not an option. With your Seedot unable to protest you call out to whomever may be lurking ahead of you.

“Hello, is anyone there? My name’s Light”

You can clearly see the light shaking frantically and the man panting heavily from shock. “What?! Who goes there?!” The old man shines his light in your direction. You come out to show yourself and greet him but the light’s blinding you too much to get a good look at him.

“Oh sorry about that,” he says as he points down his flashlight. His face and features are becoming visible. It definitely was an older man, not too old though – still able to carry himself just fine. His face looks a bit worn out from a few too many hardships and his eyes are one of the first things you notice as they seem to be dancing around all over you, looking puzzled.
“Kid,” he finally says. “Are you one of the lost ones?” he asks. He interrupts you before you can answer though. “Nah, couldn’t be. I sure don’t remember your face from one of the pictures. Do you even know where you are?” He shines his flashlight again to take a closer look at you.

“Bah, never mind. Kid, help out an old man would you. And hurry it up!” He took a brief moment to peer into the distance with his flashlight for no apparent reason. The man seemed almost desperate for your help but his kindness was almost suffering from it. He walks back and points at the ground with his flashlight. “Here’s my trouble.”

It was a supply cart. One of the back wheels had been stuck in a small ditch stopping it from moving in any direction. You look over the cart. Inside it you find ears of corn, nothing peculiar though you can’t help but shake the feeling that there was something off about it. Perhaps it was just simply the lack of light playing tricks on you. But there was, however, one thing that was very different and of which you were sure it wasn’t some prank pulled by the night. The thing that was pulling the cart was a Pokémon. And it was huge.

You take a few steps to take a closer look before the Pokémon turns its head and looks down on you, revealing it’s face and all its details. It towered above you with its 4 sturdy legs at a height nearing an unnatural 9 feet. It had antlers that would have been more intimidating would it not have been for the bright green leaves it seemed to be growing on top. They weren’t fully vibrant in colour, there were patches of yellow and brown here and there but some might argue that these patches of discolouration would have only added to its splendour.

“Kid, don’t dawdle off!” You snap out of your fixation on the large Pokémon to go back to the old man. A loud and low grumble could be heard in the far distance, even deeper than the one you heard before. The old man shines his flashlight in its direction and became dead silent. He listened for about 3 seconds before talking to you again.

“Okay, we have to be quick. I think they might know we’re here.” He gestures you towards the wheel. “On the count of three, push.”

“1…”

“2…”

“3!”

You both push your weight into the cart, while the large ruminant Pokémon pulls. “Come on, Basher!” the old man yells. “Pull! Harder!” The cart’s creaking as if it might break instead and you feel your feet slipping in the dried-up mud as you're giving your last bit of weight but it’s enough as you can hear the loud thump of success of the wheel moving and hitting the ground.

“Yes!” the old man cried. He quickly moved himself around the cart, places himself at the front and clutches the reigns. “Kid,” he says when looking over his shoulder. “I know I can’t force you or anything but-“ His face shows the same worry it had before when he heard the noise from the forest. “But please come back with me to the village.” As if on cue, a concerto of loud, low, grumbling and shrieking noises can be heard in the distance which die out as fast and sudden as they had started. The old man is nearly panicking and leans in closer to you. “You’ll only end up like all the others, just come with me and go in the morning.” He’s waiting for your answer but that might not last.

He seems generally scared of what it is that’s making those noises and would want nothing more than to get out of the forest as fast he can and take you with him, but on the other hand – adventure is what you came for and leaving so soon after you have only just arrived isn’t how you’re going to find it.

What do you do?

OoC: I may have kinda chosen what your character is doing in terms of pushing the cart, but it would have felt dull if I stopped at every moment just to ask ‘Do you help him push?’ when it’s really just a small gesture.
*********** Forest – Reply in Darkolivegreen
Lightpanda:
Light’s call had apparently frightened the man, this was very apparent to Light by the shocked panting and the shaking of the light. “What?! Who goes there?!” the fear was apparent in his voice so Light hurried out into the open. As Light stepped out he was rewarded with a blinding light. Reaching up to shield his eyes Light felt Teppa begin to shift out of his hood for a look. “Oh sorry about that,” the man said lowering the light. After blinking out the sun spots Light assessed the other man, he appeared to be older but that might have just been the sadness in his eyes. Teppa has now poked out and looks at the old man and decides that he seems to be trustworthy.

“Kid, Are you one of the lost ones?” the question startles Light he pauses for a beat then “Um, n- “Nah,” the man interrupts “couldn’t be. I sure don’t remember your face from one of the pictures. Do you even know where you are?” Teppa this time is the one who responds
“Y-es, we-ll so-r-t of, w-e we-re in **-***-***-**-* Fo-r-est b-ut we g-ot l-ost.”
Apparently ignoring Teppa the man continues “Bah, never mind. Kid, help out an old man would you. And hurry it up!”
“Ah- Shure!” Light hurried to follow the man “Here’s my trouble.” The man was pointing to a large cart it took Light a moment but he realised what the trouble was, one of the carts huge wheels was stuck in a rut. Light looked inside the cart to see what bounty the man carried. It was ears of corn, but something was off. Light studied the corn for a moment attempting to figure out what was wrong with them, but his attention was drawn to the goliath of a Pokémon pulling the cart. “W-ow” Teppa’s eyes widened at the sight of the huge sturdy legs then traveled up the Pokémon to its head and even higher to its wide antlers. The huge Pokémon seemed to notice the attention and turned its huge head to cave the duo. With a snort it apprised them it’s huge antlers reaching up into the lower bough’s of the trees. The antlers weren’t normal either they were wreathed in leaves, the majority green but a spattering of orange and yellow caught the moon light and added to the splendor of the Pokémon.

“Kid, don’t dawdle off!” both Light and Teppa jolted at the man’s call, “Sorry, I’ll be right there” with that Light hurried over to the man. As he was nearing the man an eerie and menacing growl filled the forest sending a chill down Light’s back. Fearfully looking back over his shoulder Light hurried towards the man. The man was peering into the forest, absolutely silent.

“Okay, we have to be quick. I think they might know we’re here.” the old man turned around and began walking towards the cart.

“They?”
“On the count of three, push.” Light rushed over to the cart

“1…”

“2…”

“3!”

Muscles straining with the effort Light and the old man called to the huge Pokémon. “Come on, Basher Pull! Harder!” with a final creak and a grunt of effort the cart begins to move. The movement was accompanied with Teppa’s cheering.

“Yes!” the old man cried, moving around the cart with surprising speed. After he had mounted and grabbed the rains he spoke again. “Kid, I know I can’t force you or anything but-“ He paled and true worry crossed his face “But please come back with me to the village” Adding to the ominous statement screeches and growls emanated from the forest. With panic coloring his words the old man spoke again “You’ll only end up like all the others, just come with me and go in the morning.”
“l-l-le-ts g-o w-ith hi-m” Teppa’s fear was apparent and he had been right before. “Sure Teppa we’ll go with him, but if he’s in trouble we’ll have to help.” With their minds made up Light hoped onto the cart.
“I have some questions and if you have a problem I might be able to help, first off what’s your name and who are “They” Light made air quotes. And the Lost Ones, what about them, finally what’s going on!” And one more question for my PokéDex Light pulled out his PokéDex and scanned the huge Pokémon.

Spoiler: show

Grade C+ ref
Win: 1
Loss: 1
TP: 4
KO: 1

creds to shade2000
Old 08-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #204
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Missingno. Master: Without a moment to decide, Helga immediately runs off after the larger mass of Tauros heading to the west. You decide to go along with it, but figure you would need some speed in order to catch up with them. Withdrawing Severus into his Pokeball, you take out another one before throwing it forward. Out of it pops out your grey Scolipede, Salazar, which you efficiently mount before heading off.

Your chase officially begins as Salazar speeds up his pace, soon passing Helga, who's struggling to keep her own pace going. You look around to see no denizens walking among the streets. It seems the entire town must have shut themselves in their homes. Both Pokemon keep their pace up, however, in order to keep track of the Tauros. You continue chasing them for a good five minutes, Helga becoming quite tired at this point as she barely limps by, while Salazar himself is starting to have trouble keeping up as well.

Fortunately for them, the quartet of Tauros come to a full stop... in front of the primary school. Could they be wanting to break in? Considering it's a weekend, the school should be empty- but the damage could be monsterous if any of these Tauros are real. Salazar comes into fighting distance, Helga approaching a few seconds later as your Scolipede fires off a volley of Sludge Bombs, the poisonous balls flop over to one of the Tauros, leaving behind a messy pond of sludge where the now-confirmed clone once was. Helga takes a moment to catch her breath while Salazar continues the onslaught by releasing Shockwave of Venomous toxins into another Tauros, who poofs into nothingness when hit with the attack. Another clone down.

Only two remained now, and Helga regained her bearings just enough to thwomp out another clone with the Thrust of her Arm. The remaining Tauros backs away slowly, seeing that he's outnumbered, before going beserk once more. With a loud, "Tauroooooooo-," the Tauros kicks up a little dirt before ramming through the school entrance. The door shattering as the Tauros breaks through. Well this one is certainly real! You now have a Tauros rampaging through a hopefully empty school on your hands. A peek inside shows that upon entrance, the school splits off into three hallways- one going left, right, and forward.

What will you do?
Old 08-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #205
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Missingno. Master: Without a moment to decide, Helga immediately runs off after the larger mass of Tauros heading to the west. You decide to go along with it, but figure you would need some speed in order to catch up with them. Withdrawing Severus into his Pokeball, you take out another one before throwing it forward. Out of it pops out your grey Scolipede, Salazar, which you efficiently mount before heading off.

Your chase officially begins as Salazar speeds up his pace, soon passing Helga, who's struggling to keep her own pace going. You look around to see no denizens walking among the streets. It seems the entire town must have shut themselves in their homes. Both Pokemon keep their pace up, however, in order to keep track of the Tauros. You continue chasing them for a good five minutes, Helga becoming quite tired at this point as she barely limps by, while Salazar himself is starting to have trouble keeping up as well.

Fortunately for them, the quartet of Tauros come to a full stop... in front of the primary school. Could they be wanting to break in? Considering it's a weekend, the school should be empty- but the damage could be monsterous if any of these Tauros are real. Salazar comes into fighting distance, Helga approaching a few seconds later as your Scolipede fires off a volley of Sludge Bombs, the poisonous balls flop over to one of the Tauros, leaving behind a messy pond of sludge where the now-confirmed clone once was. Helga takes a moment to catch her breath while Salazar continues the onslaught by releasing Shockwave of Venomous toxins into another Tauros, who poofs into nothingness when hit with the attack. Another clone down.

Only two remained now, and Helga regained her bearings just enough to thwomp out another clone with the Thrust of her Arm. The remaining Tauros backs away slowly, seeing that he's outnumbered, before going beserk once more. With a loud, "Tauroooooooo-," the Tauros kicks up a little dirt before ramming through the school entrance. The door shattering as the Tauros breaks through. Well this one is certainly real! You now have a Tauros rampaging through a hopefully empty school on your hands. A peek inside shows that upon entrance, the school splits off into three hallways- one going left, right, and forward.

What will you do?
Salazar and Helga dashed after the Tauros, though while the oddly colored Scolipede was able to maintain the pace with no trouble, the Makuhita was truly struggling to keep up. She made a valiant effort, however, and managed to arrive at where the Tauros had stopped just after Salazar got there. Salazar fired off Sludge Bomb and Venoshock, but both Poison moves merely hit clones, as did Helga's Arm Thrust. The final one, realizing he was outnumbered, went berserk again, charging through the door of the school.

"I tink dat one's real," Meowth remarked.

"Gasp. I never would have guessed," Keith replied sarcastically as he dashed over to the doorway and peered inside. There were three ways to go- left, right, and forward.

"OK, so, what now?" Meowth asked.

"First off, Salazar, return," Keith stated, withdrawing the massive Megapede Pokémon to its ball. "Sorry, Salazar, but you're just not a indoor Pokémon anymore," he added as he reattached the ball to his belt.

"Ma... ku... ma... ku..." panted Helga as she made her way over to Keith- the run had clearly worn her out.

"Aw, sorry, Helga," sighed Keith as he patted the Fighting-type on her head. "That run took a lot out of you, didn't it? How about you take a rest in your Poké Ball for now?"

"Hita!" came Helga's exclaimed response as she shook her head vehemently. "Hita Makuhita hita, Makuhita! Maku Makuhita hita, hita Makuhita!"

"Helga's sayin' she didn't come all dis way ta just give up," Meowth translated. "She's sayin' she's gonna help youse take down dese Tauros if it's da last ting she does." Keith couldn't help but smile in admiration of his Makuhita's spirit, but all the same, he sighed.

"Look, Helga," he said, "I get it, you want to help me, and believe me, I appreciate that very much. But you're gonna wear yourself out if you keep pushing yourself like this, and I don't want that. I'm not asking you to not get involved in this at all, all I'm asking is that you get in your ball for now. I'll bring you right back out when we find the Tauros, OK?"

"Hita..." Helga replied, sounding somewhat uncertain. Keith didn't need Meowth to translate this for him- he had an idea what the Makuhita was thinking.

"I know," Keith nodded. "I know you're worried, Helga, about whether you're contributing enough to the team. I know you're worried about this ending like it did with your last couple of trainers. But believe me, it's not gonna end that way. You're not just on a team, Helga, you're part of a family."

"Maku," replied Helga as she hugged Keith tightly. Keith hugged Helga back, trying his best to reassure his Makuhita that she was a permanent fixture of his team. Once they broke apart, Helga raised no objections whatsoever to being returned to her ball.

"Dat was beautiful," sniffed Meowth as Keith turned to face the entrance of the school once more. "But which way did dat Tauros go?" he added.

"Meowth, lemme ask you something," replied Keith. "In all the months I've owned Vernon, have you ever known him to change direction as abruptly as that Tauros would've needed to do to go down the left or right hallway?"

"Ehh... no," said Meowth.

"Exactly," nodded Keith as he took off down the path directly across from the entrance. He was no Tauros expert, but he knew that they had a tendency to charge in a straight line if possible. He supposed a small obstacle like that door wouldn't have been enough to prompt a change in direction.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #206
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Stalling Your Questions

Harborgrove Forest - please reply in Darolivegreen
Lightpanda:

Ushered by your cowering Pokémon you decide to trust the old man and leave with him though you make sure Teppa understands that it’ll mean having to help him when trouble arises. The old man gestures for you to sit next to him before giving a quick motion with the reins to signal the huge Pokémon to start galloping. Interested to find out more about this beast you pull out your Pokédex to gain some information on it.

It takes a while for your Pokédex to scan its database, a bit too long maybe, so you focus your attention on the driver who hasn’t yet taken the liberty of introducing himself. Your departure from the forest was mainly due to the fact that he had raised many questions in your mind of which he had answered none and so you start by blurting out a series of questions, each one in the hopes of understanding the current situation a bit better.

The old man takes his time, not to answer you, but to gaze at you with a confounded expression on his face that looks all too much like he’s about to give a scolding. “Kid, you really don’t know where you are do you?” He shakes his head in disappointment before concentrating back to the road. The cart has quickly picked up pace and each time you seemed to slow down or get used to the speed, the old man would give the giant in front of him a nudge to run harder. You’ve had to hold on tight just to make sure you wouldn’t bounce out and it’s completely unclear whether the old man’s noticing your struggle at all. Teppa meanwhile is squeezing your scalp, refusing to be shaken off and his painful grip is what wants to make you place him somewhere else to feel more comfortable yourself, but with one hand holding the cart and another on your Pokédex there is little you can do but try and shrug it off

“The name’s Eli by the way.” The old man finally confides his name to you. “And this forest as your pet just said is Harborgrove Forest.” He takes a small moment to gaze around at the forest himself. With a name like Harborgrove, you’d expect a peaceful and serene piece of nature but your current bumpy ride, dark looming trees and dead silence do very little to uphold such a name. “Now about your other questions,” Eli continues. “I think it’s best to wait till we get to town before I start explaining. It’s rather long and all and best to keep our attention on the road ahead for now.”

Not that you’d be paying any further attention to him though as your Pokédex has finally completed its search and gives a small ping to signal for your attention before the following erupts from its speakers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokédex
Sawsbuck, the Season Pokémon, and the evolved form of Deerling. The plants on Sawsbuck's horns change depending on the time of year, and people often use them to measure the passing of the seasons.
Looking at a Sawsbuck’s stats on the Pokédex, you realize what might have made it take so long to relay this information. According to your Dex, a Sawsbuck average height is 6’03’’ and this one, as is now recorded by your Pokédex, is about 8’10”.

“What I can tell you for now though is that if that little gadget of yours is what I think it is then you probably shouldn’t have it. Cus if that thing there is a Pokédex, it should be given to exceptional trainers by professors and from the looks of it you don’t look half the part. I mean really kid, entering a forest knee-deep at night without even knowing anything about it.” He shakes his head again. “But it ain’t my place to judge so I’ll keep quiet for know. I’ll tell you though, your dam lucky my wheel got stuck, I sure hope you realize that.”

“As for your puzzlement about Basher here, your little gadget is right about it. But as I can see by the look on your face, you’re mighty surprised at its size aren’t you?” He gives another motion with the reins and a small chuckle. “Its size is what makes Harborgrove Forest so special actually. You must have seen my ears of corn in the back as well.” Taking a small peek in the back at the piles of corn, you finally realize what it was that made the corn so special. They were bigger than usual. Not as gigantic as the Pokémon pulling you but slightly bigger than your average crop should be. “Or even the trees for that matter. Their unnatural height trumps any big creature I’ve ever seen or heard of.” It’s a bit hard to make out specific shapes in the current light but vague contours of the treetops are visible that reach out to the night sky like no other tree could. The whole forest gives an uneasy feeling of closing in on you.

-

After a few minutes you notice a glimmer of light in the distance that slowly grows out the more you appraoch it. “We’re here!” Eli exclaims. Upon getting closer, you finally reach the boundary of the forest and green hills spread out amongs the horizon with what appears to be a small town nestled in between them, just barely a stone’s throw away.

“We’ll head to the Pokécenter. We can rest up and chat further there.” He heads down to the nearest building. It’s a wooden building but it’s exceptionally large with its front is adorned with the usual huge sign of a Pokéball and illuminating letters that spell out out 'Harbor Town Pokécenter'. The building seems new and modern with its lights and the two glass panes underneath that shift apart when getting up close. Inside though, a more rustic sense of décor is displayed as the inside walls and floor are made of a dark furnished wood. While some of the floor is covered with simple stitched carpets, tables and chairs cover an entire section of your left wall while on your right a stone fireplace is set up to give a soothing warmth to the lounge. Above and around the fireplace, pictures hang of apparent random strangers not much older than yourself, the light of the fire flickering shades across their faces. Trainers of varying young ages are located in several places in this huge lounge. At the far end of the room lies a huge reception desk with a Nurse Joy behind it, displaying her usual warm smile that’s ready to greet you.

Eli had quickly explained to you on the way down that because of the stories lingering around the forest, it has become a favourite of travelling trainers. The Pokécenter was renovated to double as an inn for the many passing trainers. He motions you to a smaller unoccupied table while he goes to the reception counter to talk to the Nurse Joy.

“Oh hi, how ha.....” The Nurse Joy lights up when seeing the old man and it’s become obvious that the two already know each other. A small moment later Eli returns holding two cups in his hands. “I wasn’t sure what you youngsters drink, so I got you a cup of warm cocoa, hope you like it. Don’t worry - it’s my treat.”

He shifts a bit uncomfortably in his chair and takes a sip of whatever he’s drinking before speaking again. “Now what was it you wanted to know exactly? As far as I’m concerned you know very little about the area so if you can tell me what you know, I’ll fill in the gaps for you.”

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 10-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #207
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Sorry about the wait...

Missingno. Master: You watch as the real Tauros breaks through the school door, quickly exchanging a few words with your Meowth as he states the obvious while you return Salazar to his Pokeball.

Helga limps by, clearly exhausted from the run as you pat her head with an apology. You decide it would be best to give her a break in her Pokeball, but she defiantly protests- wishing to help you with this ordeal to the very end as Meowth translates. You smile in admiration at your Makuhita, sharing some words of encouragement as you two connect in a heartwarming embrace. As you broke apart, Helga gave no objections while you returned her to her Pokeball.

With her now resting, you and Meowth now contemplate the whereabouts of the Tauros in the school. From your experience with Vernon, you figure that the Tauros charged straight ahead to the hallway in front of you and that's the path you decide to take.

Entering the school, you see the hallways are empty of any students, teachers, or staff, but you see the dirty footprints of the Tauros in the hallway ahead of you. Looks like your hunch was right. You run ahead, all the way to the end of the hallway to where the school gymnasium is, and you hear a noise as you catch sight of another shattered door- this time the door to the gym.

The shouts of children echo through the gym as you enter it, seeing several grade schoolers in jerseys and shorts hunched to a corner as a middle-aged man, who seems to the be the coach stands protectively in front of them- looking just as scared, if not more, than the children. Facing them is the Tauros you've been chasing down, looking dead set on charging them down. You briefly look around to see several basketballs sprawled across the gym and figure that these kids were having basketball practice when the Tauros barged in.

"H-hey... you there..." the coach stutters, addressing you, "A little h-help please... we don't h-have any Poke-" "TAUROOOOO-," the Tauros cuts in, ducking his head down in preperation for a Headbutt, as the childrens' cries become even louder in fear.

What will you do?
Old 10-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #208
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Meowth

Quote:

Missingno. Master: You watch as the real Tauros breaks through the school door, quickly exchanging a few words with your Meowth as he states the obvious while you return Salazar to his Pokeball.

Helga limps by, clearly exhausted from the run as you pat her head with an apology. You decide it would be best to give her a break in her Pokeball, but she defiantly protests- wishing to help you with this ordeal to the very end as Meowth translates. You smile in admiration at your Makuhita, sharing some words of encouragement as you two connect in a heartwarming embrace. As you broke apart, Helga gave no objections while you returned her to her Pokeball.

With her now resting, you and Meowth now contemplate the whereabouts of the Tauros in the school. From your experience with Vernon, you figure that the Tauros charged straight ahead to the hallway in front of you and that's the path you decide to take.

Entering the school, you see the hallways are empty of any students, teachers, or staff, but you see the dirty footprints of the Tauros in the hallway ahead of you. Looks like your hunch was right. You run ahead, all the way to the end of the hallway to where the school gymnasium is, and you hear a noise as you catch sight of another shattered door- this time the door to the gym.

The shouts of children echo through the gym as you enter it, seeing several grade schoolers in jerseys and shorts hunched to a corner as a middle-aged man, who seems to the be the coach stands protectively in front of them- looking just as scared, if not more, than the children. Facing them is the Tauros you've been chasing down, looking dead set on charging them down. You briefly look around to see several basketballs sprawled across the gym and figure that these kids were having basketball practice when the Tauros barged in.

"H-hey... you there..." the coach stutters, addressing you, "A little h-help please... we don't h-have any Poke-" "TAUROOOOO-," the Tauros cuts in, ducking his head down in preperation for a Headbutt, as the childrens' cries become even louder in fear.

What will you do?
Keith's hunch, much to his satisfaction, seemed to be right- as he raced down the middle hallway, he could see the dirty hoofprints the Tauros had left in his wake. But there was no time to revel in his delight at getting it right- indeed, just as it had occurred to him that he was right, he had reached the end of the hallway, and heard a noise from within the nearby gymnasium. And then he saw it- another shattered door, this one leading to aforementioned gym.

"Uh-oh," Meowth remarked. Keith entered through the shattered remnants of the door, his ears met with the echoing screams of children. Looking around, Keith could see a bunch of grade schoolers, whose basketball practice had clearly been disrupted by the sudden arrival of a Tauros. They were all huddled in a corner, while who appeared to be the coach stood between them and the Tauros, though he looked more frightened than any of the kids. The man stuttered to Keith, pleading for help, though the Tauros's bellowing cut him off in the middle of his explaining that they had no Pokémon with them. Keith nodded at him, and took a Poké Ball off his belt. "Hey, wait," Meowth muttered to Keith. "Ain't dat Helga's ball right dere?"

"Yes, Meowth, it is," Keith nodded. "I made her a promise, and I'm a Trainer of my word. Go, Helga!" he shouted, throwing the ball. In a flash of light, the red-and-white sphere split open, unleashing the Makuhita, who stood between the gym coach and the Tauros, the latter of whom looked ready to attack at a moment's notice.

Looking decidedly surprised to be suddenly facing a Tauros, Helga turned and looked at Keith. "Maku?" she asked.

Keith nodded, a confident smile on his face. "You got this, Helga," he assured his Makuhita.

"Hita..." Helga murmured, tears starting to form in her eyes. Keith was seriously trusting her to take down this Tauros- Helga turned back to face the Tauros, her expression more confident than Keith had ever seen it before. Finally, it was really getting through to her, that Keith truly trusted her, that he was showing confidence in her abilities... and she would be damned if she let him down! And then, as confidence, determination, and affection for her trainer coursed throughout Helga's body, she began to shine brightly with a dazzling white light. Keith and Meowth gasped and exchanged highly surprised looks, then turned back to face Helga, as her body grew taller and wider, her arms lengthened slightly, and her perpetual fists finally unfurled into massive, three-fingered hands. And then, the glowing faded, as the changes completed themselves. "HARIIIIIIIYAMA!" Helga shouted triumphantly.

"Helga just-" began Meowth.

"-evolved into Hariyama!" Keith finished, beaming with pride. He held out his Pokédex- it was true that he had looked up this species earlier that very day, but at the moment, he didn't give a Raticate's ass.

"Hariyama, the Arm Thrust Pokémon, and the evolved form of Makuhita," droned the device. "While Hariyama's body appears fat, it is in fact all muscle. When it tightens its muscles, its body becomes hard as a rock."

"Yes!" Keith exclaimed. "There's no way we're losing now!" Then, he looked back at his newly evolved Hariyama- Helga was staring down the Tauros, as the Wild Bull Pokémon readied its Headbutt attack. "Helga! Arm Thrust!" Keith ordered. "Then go for a Mega Punch, and then let's try out your new move- use Brine attack!"

"Yama," nodded Helga, more than ready to start attacking the Tauros.

Code:
What?  Makuhita is evolving!

...!

Congratulations!  Your Makuhita evolved into Hariyama!

*Helga learned Brine!*
Old 03-08-2014, 04:22 PM   #209
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Missingno. Master: With the imminent threat of the Tauros, you release Helga out once more, standing before the wild bull who stops in its tracks at the sight of Helga's sudden appearance. You stayed true to your word, and this humbled the Makuhita. So much so, that she began to glow in a flashing display of evolution. Her size gradually grew, her hands expanding, her legs widening, until she took on a familiar shape. The glowing soon ceased, and now you find yourself beholding a Hariyama.

Helga roars out in triumph, the foe before her needing a second to gather his bearings from what he witnessed, but he lowers his head nonetheless- ducking down as he gallops ahead for a Headbutt. The Hariyama stares on as she raises her beefy Arm, Thrusting her hand into the Tauros' head as he flies back due to the sheer force- basketballs flying around as the large bull skids along the gym floor. Helga herself seems incredibly surprised, her new-found strength was certainly a welcome gift.

The Tauros was struggling to right himself up, the toll that this constant fighting is taking is surely visible, and Helga was happy to take advantage of it. With thunderous stomps, the sumo launches ahead as she reels an arm back into a closed fist. The fist lights up a brilliant white before she swings forward, knocking the Tauros back with a Mega Punch just as it managed to get up.

The Wild Bull Pokemon couldn't take much more at this point, though he stands once more. With a loud cry, the Tauros goes into an Uproar. The ear pinching sounds echo across the Gymnasium as you and your Meowth find yourselves needing to palm your eyes. The coach and the kids have done the same, as Helga stumbles around trying to keep her composure from the attack. She rights herself, however, and with a fit of determination, she rears her head back before spewing a mighty Briney stream of water, dousing the Tauros as the cries finally come to a stop. You let out a sigh of relief, seeing the Tauros knocked out cold.

"That's enough practice for today, kids! Now head to the cafeteria and enjoy some juice boxes until this Tauros matter is over. We'll call your parents to pick you up afterwards," the coach called out in confidence. The children systematically left the room, seeming unfazed by the whole ordeal as the coach walks towards you. "Thank you for that," he sighed, "if I had known that the Tauros were attacking again, I would've cancelled practice. Don't worry about that Tauros over there, we'll have a couple custodians carry it back into the wild... I'm going to go check on the kids; if there are more Tauros running around town, it would be awfully helpful if you stopped them. Thanks again!" And with that, the coach ran off after the kids.

This town is starting to seem more and more unusual the longer you stayed in it, but you didn't have time to dwell on it. Two Tauros' were still rampaging through town. You head out the school and began to head in a general south east direction. The sunlight sparkled through the golden roofs of the houses as you ran through the empty streets and you couldn't help but get an eerie feeling. The loud cries of Tauros soon cut off these feelings as you run towards a cul-de-sac, witnessing two of these Wild Bull Pokemon poking around. Their gaze meets you, as their faces turn enraged once more. With another loud cry, they kick up some dirt, looking ready to charge. Whether any of these Tauros are real or clones, it looks like you have another challenge on your hands.

What will you do?
Old 03-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #210
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Missingno. Master: With the imminent threat of the Tauros, you release Helga out once more, standing before the wild bull who stops in its tracks at the sight of Helga's sudden appearance. You stayed true to your word, and this humbled the Makuhita. So much so, that she began to glow in a flashing display of evolution. Her size gradually grew, her hands expanding, her legs widening, until she took on a familiar shape. The glowing soon ceased, and now you find yourself beholding a Hariyama.

Helga roars out in triumph, the foe before her needing a second to gather his bearings from what he witnessed, but he lowers his head nonetheless- ducking down as he gallops ahead for a Headbutt. The Hariyama stares on as she raises her beefy Arm, Thrusting her hand into the Tauros' head as he flies back due to the sheer force- basketballs flying around as the large bull skids along the gym floor. Helga herself seems incredibly surprised, her new-found strength was certainly a welcome gift.

The Tauros was struggling to right himself up, the toll that this constant fighting is taking is surely visible, and Helga was happy to take advantage of it. With thunderous stomps, the sumo launches ahead as she reels an arm back into a closed fist. The fist lights up a brilliant white before she swings forward, knocking the Tauros back with a Mega Punch just as it managed to get up.

The Wild Bull Pokemon couldn't take much more at this point, though he stands once more. With a loud cry, the Tauros goes into an Uproar. The ear pinching sounds echo across the Gymnasium as you and your Meowth find yourselves needing to palm your eyes. The coach and the kids have done the same, as Helga stumbles around trying to keep her composure from the attack. She rights herself, however, and with a fit of determination, she rears her head back before spewing a mighty Briney stream of water, dousing the Tauros as the cries finally come to a stop. You let out a sigh of relief, seeing the Tauros knocked out cold.

"That's enough practice for today, kids! Now head to the cafeteria and enjoy some juice boxes until this Tauros matter is over. We'll call your parents to pick you up afterwards," the coach called out in confidence. The children systematically left the room, seeming unfazed by the whole ordeal as the coach walks towards you. "Thank you for that," he sighed, "if I had known that the Tauros were attacking again, I would've cancelled practice. Don't worry about that Tauros over there, we'll have a couple custodians carry it back into the wild... I'm going to go check on the kids; if there are more Tauros running around town, it would be awfully helpful if you stopped them. Thanks again!" And with that, the coach ran off after the kids.

This town is starting to seem more and more unusual the longer you stayed in it, but you didn't have time to dwell on it. Two Tauros' were still rampaging through town. You head out the school and began to head in a general south east direction. The sunlight sparkled through the golden roofs of the houses as you ran through the empty streets and you couldn't help but get an eerie feeling. The loud cries of Tauros soon cut off these feelings as you run towards a cul-de-sac, witnessing two of these Wild Bull Pokemon poking around. Their gaze meets you, as their faces turn enraged once more. With another loud cry, they kick up some dirt, looking ready to charge. Whether any of these Tauros are real or clones, it looks like you have another challenge on your hands.

What will you do?
Thrilled though Keith was by Helga evolving, this was not the time to stop and celebrate. Indeed, the Tauros was already charging forward, ready to use Headbutt. "Helga! Arm Thrust!" Keith exclaimed.

"Hariiiiyama!" Helga replied, slamming her massive hand into the Tauros's head. It was clear that evolution had given Helga a lot more strength, for the attack sent the Wild Bull Pokémon flying backwards, skidding across the gym floor, sending basketballs flying in every direction.

"Wow," Meowth remarked. "Dat was powerful right dere."

Keith nodded proudly, though looked on at the Tauros, who was getting back to his feet. Helga seemed a bit surprised by her newfound strength, but also paid attention to her opponent. The Tauros looked ready to attack again at any time now, and both the Trainer and his Hariyama knew it.

"Mega Punch right now!" Keith ordered.

Helga was more than happy to oblige. With thunderous footsteps, she charged forward, drawing back a fist as it swirled with dazzling white energy, and then swung it forward, punching Tauros with great force, knocking him right back down again. The Normal-type then climbed back to his feet, but this time went right into an Uproar. Keith and Meowth immediately clapped their hands (well, paws in Meowth's case) over their ears, because the noise was unbearable! Uproar attacks are loud and annoying to begin with, but since they were in the gymnasium, this one was echoing off all the walls, making it even worse. "GAAAH! MAKE IT STOP!" Meowth screamed.

"Ugh... Helga, use Brine!" Keith bellowed, struggling to make himself heard over the noisy attack.

Fortunately, he seemed to have succeeded, as Helga fired off a powerful stream of salt water from her mouth, and to everyone's relief, the noisy cries subsided as the Tauros fainted at last.

"Yes!" Keith exclaimed. For a moment, Helga just stood there, looking at her fallen opponent, the look in her eyes suggesting that she wasn't entirely sure that this victory was her doing. "Helga, that was awesome!" Keith added, which caused the Hariyama to turn around, just in time to see Keith approaching her and throwing his arms around her. "I'm proud of you, Helga," grinned Keith as the Hariyama tearfully hugged him back. "That was- ulp! Helga... squishing me..." he choked out in response to the Hariyama's tightened grip.

"Yama," Helga chuckled sheepishly as she relinquished her grip on Keith, clearly still not yet fully used to her new strength.

"Ah, that's better," sighed Keith. "Don't sweat it, Helga," he added, noting the Hariyama's reaction to the realization that she nearly crushed her Trainer's ribs. "You were amazing just now."

Before Helga could react to this, however, the coach told the kids to go and enjoy some juice boxes in the cafeteria until the "Tauros matter" was over. What really struck Keith as odd, though, was how nonchalant he sounded about it. He went over to Keith and thanked him for taking out the Tauros. "Ah, it was nothing," Keith replied modestly. "Helga here really deserves most of the thanks, anyway," he added, patting his Hariyama on the back. The man went on, stating that he'd have cancelled practice had he known the Tauros were attacking again, and told Keith to not worry about that Tauros, that a few custodians would take him back into the wild. Finally, he told Keith that it would be a big help if he were to stop any other Tauros running around town. "Uh, sure," Keith replied, but before he could say anything more, the coach went off after the kids. Keith, Meowth, and Helga all exchanged glances before heading outside.

Once they were outside, the trio started heading south. Now that they weren't actively chasing any Tauros in particular, they didn't need to rush like they did before while they searched, and Keith saw no reason to return Helga to her Poké Ball. And after a minute, Meowth broke the silence, saying what had been on all their minds. "So is it just me, or did dat guy seem ta take nearly bein' gored by a Tauros pretty well?"

"My thoughts exactly," Keith nodded. "And the kids, too, they didn't seem shaken up by the incident, either. Either this town's got some of the toughest people in the world, or Tauros stampedes are really common around here."

"Hariyama," nodded Helga.

The three fell silent again, though not for long. An eerie feeling came over Keith, almost as though something was about to happen. Sure enough, they soon heard the loud, unmistakable cries of a Tauros. Immediately, they broke into an even faster run, and as they neared a cul-de-sac, they could spot two more Tauros, both of whom grew enraged upon spotting Keith. Both of them kicked up dirt, ready to charge, though there was no telling which was real and which was a clone. Or if both were real. Or if both were clones. Damn that Double Team. Keith and Helga exchanged looks for a moment, before Keith spoke up.

"OK, I think the both of you can help out here," Keith stated. "Meowth, fire a Swift attack at both Tauros. If they're both clones, problem solved. If one's a clone and one's not, we'll know which is which. If they're both real, then perfect, we'll have the last two Tauros right here. Helga," he added, turning to the Hariyama. "Once Meowth's done, ready a Focus Blast in case one of them is real. And if both are real, just choose one at random." Helga nodded confidently in response.

"Here goes nuttin'," Meowth murmured nervously. He jumped down off of Keith's shoulder and prepared to use Swift, hoping to not get attacked in return.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 03-09-2014 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Derped majorly there- Helga doesn't know Force Palm!
Old 06-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #211
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Jessica could hear the wails of the old woman pursuing her down the street, but she didn’t care. She just wanted to get away. It seemed like the words were haunting, hunting her. A witch hunt. It hurt. She couldn’t take it anymore. She jumped straight into the blaze, the haze of heat, seeking escape…

WHAM!

Something impacted her, sending her reeling across the road. Her body only briefly registered the softness of fur masking solidity underneath, before blackness. The last thing she sensed was Kief standing by her side, crumbling against his comatose trainer as he cried desperately for help. She couldn’t hear him though, could hardly even feel. Which was fine. She didn’t wish to feel anything anymore. Still, she knew he was there, that he would be worried if she disappeared again. …They all would. Ah, how could she have been so stupid? …But, she was also tired. All she desired now was sleep.

“Sorry,” she mouthed, before welcoming oblivion. Perhaps, when she woke up, she’d be back home in her bed and this would all be a bad dream…

-

Awareness of “self” gradually restored, radiating outward. She was lying stiff, arms and legs perfectly parallel. Whatever she was resting on, it sighed deeply to receive her weight. As the cloud in her mind cleared, she remembered the events of… How long ago? What time is it now? Tracing back over the course of her memories, the final one she recalled was Kief… Kief! Where was he? Was he okay? She fumbled blindly, trying to lift her leaden limbs to search, to reach out to him, before it was too late. She had to call him back, quick, to protect him-

She realized when she attempted to raise her left shoulder that something was insinuated in the space next to her heart. Could it be Kief? In her panic, she wasn’t even able to discern the truth by touch. At this moment, she wouldn’t trust he was there even if someone insisted – not without seeing his smiling face, barking and licking hers as always. It had to be him, or she might just go crazy (as if she wasn’t already), thinking she failed a friend yet again. She cradled the object close, daring to pry open her eyes…
The Tale of the Wishmakers:
lilbluecorsola:
As you attempt to raise your left shoulder, you notice that something is pushing up against your left side, resting on the crack between your body and upper arm. You wonder to yourself if it could be Kief. You can't tell. You'll have to open your eyes to see who -- or what -- it is. And so, as you open your eyes ...

The room before you is dimly lit. A candle on a bedside table to your left casts a gentle light around the small room, shadows dancing on the earthen walls. You realize that the soft ground which gives way beneath you is none other than a bed. And there, asleep by your side, is a little raccoon-dog wearing a dark indigo turban. As your chest gently rises and falls with each breath, Kief's head rocks with it. His sleep seems peaceful, calm.

What do you do?

Pokémon in the area:
Kief

FFA Inventory:
none

OoC: "Trying something new," he says. "Not sure if it can really work," he says. Sorry for the delay. ¬¬; Though I should note that the same rules as before apply. Any length reply is fine.

The Last Pungting:
uhhhhh:
Fwshhhhhhhh~ Fwshhhhhhhh~

You hear a familiar sound.

It sounds like ... ocean.

The sun is high overhead. You can feel its light raining upon you from above. Beneath you, you feel the hard, sliding surface that is unmistakeable: sand.

A ... beach?

"He's awake!"

You hear someone run across the sand towards your location.

"Flash, Makon, he's awake!"

Your eyes are still closed but you can easily tell that someone or something is now looming over you, blocking the sun with its body.

"Heeeeey!" she says, sounding happy. "Heeeeeeeeeeeey!" she then says, sounding more annoyed. "You're awake, aren't you? Get up!"

Opening your eyes, you see a yellow face mere inches from your own, its two large eyes staring into yours. They blink. They widen.

"AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" she exclaims. "HE'S AWAAAAAAAAAAKE!" Startled, you fly up off the sand, the grogginess of the past five minutes completely forgotten. Did that Pokémon ... did that Pokémon just ... talk!?

The yellow monkey dances on the sand several feet in front of you, her hands joined with an orange hamster's. You see another Pokémon just like the girl several meters away, lugging a basket behind him. "Ate, wait up!" he cries out to her in protest, trying to bring the basket over as quickly as possible.

What do you do?

Pokémon in the area:
a yellow monkey, female, with blue water gushing out the top of her head
a smaller yellow monkey, male, who also has blue water coming out of the top of his head
a small orange hamster with thick black whiskers, round ears, and red cheek pouches

FFA Inventory:
none

OoC: Apologies if the grandeur of the adventure ahead or the depth of this first update does not match the length of time you had to wait. ^^;
Old 06-22-2014, 12:53 AM   #212
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
The Last Pungting:
uhhhhh:

You hear a familiar sound.

It sounds like ... ocean.

The sun is high overhead. You can feel its light raining upon you from above. Beneath you, you feel the hard, sliding surface that is unmistakeable: sand.

A ... beach?

"He's awake!"

You hear someone run across the sand towards your location.

"Flash, Makon, he's awake!"

Your eyes are still closed but you can easily tell that someone or something is now looming over you, blocking the sun with its body.

"Heeeeey!" she says, sounding happy. "Heeeeeeeeeeeey!" she then says, sounding more annoyed. "You're awake, aren't you? Get up!"

Opening your eyes, you see a yellow face mere inches from your own, its two large eyes staring into yours. They blink. They widen.

"AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" she exclaims. "HE'S AWAAAAAAAAAAKE!" Startled, you fly up off the sand, the grogginess of the past five minutes completely forgotten. Did that Pokémon ... did that Pokémon just ... talk!?

The yellow monkey dances on the sand several feet in front of you, her hands joined with an orange hamster's. You see another Pokémon just like the girl several meters away, lugging a basket behind him. "Ate, wait up!" he cries out to her in protest, trying to bring the basket over as quickly as possible.

What do you do?

Pokémon in the area:
a yellow monkey, female, with blue water gushing out the top of her head
a smaller yellow monkey, male, who also has blue water coming out of the top of his head
a small orange hamster with thick black whiskers, round ears, and red cheek pouches

FFA Inventory:
none

OoC: Apologies if the grandeur of the adventure ahead or the depth of this first update does not match the length of time you had to wait. ^^;
OoC: Nah, it's fine! Let's get this started, shall we? =)

That sound... it's so familiar...

The ocean... am I... back home? Wait... that can't be right...

I feel... sand... there's sand around me... a beach?

"He's awake! Flash, Makon, he's awake!"

Someone's... calling out to me...

"Heeeeey! Heeeeeeeeeeeey! You're awake, aren't you? Get up!"

The boy slowly opened his eyes as the first thing he saw was a yellow face inches away from him, its two large eyes staring, blinking, back at him, until...

"AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! HE'S AWAAAAAAAAAAKE!" The boy jumped awake at the loud noise, "Gaaaaah! Is that a way to wake someone up?! Wait... huh?" the boy stopped as he checked the surroundings around him. It was no mistake that the sand he felt a while ago was that of the beach. This however, begs the question of how did he arrive on the beach. The boy tries to remember this detail, but then was quickly interrupted by another voice, "Ate, wait up!" another monkey, similar to the one who had woken him up was approaching the three with a basket on hand.

Speking of the Pokemon, the boy now observed to see who was around him. It seems as though there were three of them around, two being the same species of yellow monkies with blue water coming out on top of their heads, the other one an orange hamster with thick black whiskers, round ears, and red cheek pouches. He then just realized that the source of those voices were coming from these three, "W-wait a second... how can I understand you? You're Pokemon aren't you?! I shouldn't be able to understand all of you! A-and how did I get here? Where are we? I don't remember falling asleep on a beach!" he exclaims to the three Pokemon in front of him, expecting an answer. "Last time I checked, I was just... doing..." he stopped as he was trying to retrace his steps, "Wait... what was I doing again?" the boy thought hard on his previous actions, also checking to see if his memory was still intact.

Last edited by uhhhhh; 06-22-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #213
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Okay, I'm determined to finish this adventure before summer ends, so I'm just going to get right into it.

Missingno. Master: You contemplate your orders in case one or more of these Tauros are, in fact, real. After doing so, Meowth leaps into the air, focusing energy into the coin atop his head before showering a large volley of golden stars onto the two Tauros. You watch carefully as you see the stars faze through one, before looking to the other to see him grunting in pain. Welp, now you know one is real.

This real Tauros looks severely battered at this point, though he wastes no time in retaliating. With a loud "Tauroooooo" the Wild Bull Pokemon charges ahead, horns forward. Meowth has since landed back on your shoulder effortlessly, as Helga steps forward and braces for impact. To her surprise, the Tauros runs right past her without a care as fear suddenly succumbs you. To your relief, however, the Tauros runs past you as well.

You question what his target could be as you look behind to see the Tauros viciously ramming his horns into what looks like the lid to a sewer system. Helga has since been preparing her Focus Blast, palming her hands parallel to each other as a orb of fighting spirit forms in between them. The Tauros looks quite desperate, just barely managing to shake the lid off as you begin to rethink what could possibly be going on until Helga's blast suddenly goes off. The orb plummets straight into the Tauros- knocking him out cold as he skids across the ground along with the sewer lid he had shaken off.

Question after question may be going off in your head as you run over to the Tauros. You feel its pulse and, thankfully, you find him still breathing. You then walk over to the sewer opening, looking down to see ladders steps. You're not sure where it actually takes you, though you notice the faintest glints of light at what looks to be a very long distance underground. The entrance is quite small, just big enough for a human to squeeze in and climb down. You've already covered the two areas Kaden assigned you, and he may have already taken care of the last Tauros. He might already be waiting for you by the fountain, and yet you can't get rid of this nagging feeling as you look down this sewer entrance. This Tauros desperately wanted to go down there, but for what? Perhaps Kaden can wait a little longer.

What will you do?

Last edited by Charminions; 06-22-2014 at 05:01 PM. Reason: stupid typos
Old 06-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #214
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Okay, I'm determined to finish this adventure before summer ends, so I'm just going to get right into it.

Missingno. Master: You contemplate your orders in case one or more of these Tauros are, in fact, real. After doing so, Meowth leaps into the air, focusing energy into the coin atop his head before showering a large volley of golden stars onto the two Tauros. You watch carefully as you see the stars faze through one, before looking to the other to see him grunting in pain. Welp, now you know one is real.

This real Tauros looks severely battered at this point, though he wastes no time in retaliating. With a loud "Tauroooooo" the Wild Bull Pokemon charges ahead, horns forward. Meowth has since landed back on your shoulder effortlessly, as Helga steps forward and braces for impact. To her surprise, the Tauros runs right past her without a care as fear suddenly succumbs you. To your relief, however, the Tauros runs past you as well.

You question what his target could be as you look behind to see the Tauros viciously ramming his horns into what looks like the lid to a sewer system. Helga has since been preparing her Focus Blast, palming her hands parallel to each other as a orb of fighting spirit forms in between them. The Tauros looks quite desperate, just barely managing to shake the lid off as you begin to rethink what could possibly be going on until Helga's blast suddenly goes off. The orb plummets straight into the Tauros- knocking him out cold as he skids across the ground along with the sewer lid he had shaken off.

Question after question may be going off in your head as you run over to the Tauros. You feel its pulse and, thankfully, you find him still breathing. You then walk over to the sewer opening, looking down to see ladders steps. You're not sure where it actually takes you, though you notice the faintest glints of light at what looks to be a very long distance underground. The entrance is quite small, just begin enough for a human to squeeze in and climb down. You've already covered the two areas Kaden assigned you, and he may have already taken care of the last Tauros. He might already be waiting for you by the fountain, and yet you can't get rid of this nagging feeling as you look down this sewer entrance. This Tauros desperately wanted to go down there, but for what? Perhaps Kaden can wait a little longer.

What will you do?
At Keith's orders, Meowth unleashed a Swift attack, firing off shining stars of pure energy at both Tauros. One of them vanished into thin air, revealing it to be yet another Double Team clone. The other one, however, grunted in pain, something you generally don't get with Double Team clones. "That one's real!" Keith declared, pointing at the one that hadn't vanished. "Now, Helga! Focus Blast!"

However,the Tauros was wasting no time in retaliating- he bellowed loudly and charged. Surprisingly, however, the Normal-type charged right past Helga. Keith's blood ran cold with fear as he noticed this, but the Tauros wasn't targeting him or Meowth, either. "Wat-" Meowth began as Keith turned around.

"...the hell is it doing?" Keith wondered out loud, for the Tauros was attempting to open up what appeared to be the lid to a sewer system, and seemed to be quite desperate to do so, too. At that moment, however, Helga launched Focus Blast, slamming the Tauros hard and knocking it out cold. The force from the super effective move sent the Tauros skidding across the ground, along with the sewer lid. Slowly, Keith approached the unmoving Tauros and inspected it. "Alright, it's still breathing," Keith stated.

"Dat's good," nodded Meowth.

"OK, that's two down, one more to go," said Keith. "Good work, both of you!" he smiled, addressing both Helga and Meowth. However, Helga seemed a bit preoccupied at the moment- she had approached the sewer entrance and was peering into it.

"Hari?" the Hariyama murmured, before saying something to Meowth.

"Helga's sayin' she wonders why dat Tauros wanted in dere so bad," Meowth translated.

"Huh," said Keith as he too approached the sewer entrance and looked in. There was a ladder going down- no telling how far, but there were faint traces of light a fair distance below them- and the entrance itself seemed large enough for Keith to get through. Only just, though- Keith knew that if he were to go down there, he'd have to return Helga to her Poké Ball, though Meowth would easily fit through. "Hmm... Well, I think it's worth checking out."

"Ain't we supposed ta be lookin' fer one more Tauros, though?" Meowth asked.

"True," nodded Keith, "but see, the way I see it, that Tauros wanted to get in there desperately. And we can safely assume they stampede through Gilded Town fairly often, given how the locals have been reacting. Maybe something down there is causing these Tauros stampedes, so I'm thinking we could go down there, see what's up, and possibly stop these Tauros stampedes at the source."

"Dat ain't a bad idea," conceded Meowth. "Alright, let's do it."

"Yama!" Helga nodded in agreement.

Keith turned to face Helga. "Sorry, Helga," he said, holding up a Poké Ball. "The opening's only just big enough for me. You deserve a good rest, anyway- I can't thank you enough for all you've helped today," he smiled. Helga looked a little sad at this, but after a moment, reminded herself that Keith had, not an hour earlier, proven that he's a Trainer of his word, reassuring her of the fact that she was on the team to stay. Therefore, she gave a small smile and allowed Keith to withdraw her.

"Alright, let's get goin, den," Meowth said. "Youse first," he added to Keith.

"Gee, thanks," Keith said sarcastically. "Well, we better get a move on." With that, Keith started to climb down the ladder, Meowth prepared to climb down right behind him.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:52 PM   #215
Charminions
Your reality is mine

The plot thickens...

Missingno. Master: You decide to head down the sewer system, returning Helga to her Pokeball due to her large size, before climbing down the ladder. Meowth follows close behind, keeping pace with you as you continue to descend.

Soon you hear running water, which you figure must be the sewer system, though the source of the light is still a far way down. Perhaps you underestimated the distance to the light, but then you question what could possibly be so far under a town. The feeling in your stomach grows larger as you climb down for the next several minutes- the light gradually growing larger.

Eventually the ladder ends and you look down to see a white steel floor, deciding to jump down. You look around to see a long cylindrical pathway leading to something, artificial lighting making the path seem rather bright, but what alarms you the most is a camera in the ceiling looking directly at you. Within a moment a steel wall comes down, closing one of the pathways off. Welp, whoever is down here now knows that you're here.

With only one direction to go, you decide to start walking down the path as you start to notice an all-too-familiar logo plastered along the walls. The bright crimson 'R'. This does not look good. You start to run down the path, feeling uneasier by the minute when you finally see the path lead to a large laboratory room.

"You shouldn't be nosing around in unfamiliar territory, Keith."

You look to see the source of the voice. It's Kaden.

"I told you to meet me at the plaza, but I guess you're more curious than I thought. Too curious for your own good it seems," the trainer continues. He pauses, pointing to a large machine construct. You see a large container full of a white substance, and not far from it, you find several Milktank in cages. These Milktank had a sickly look, however, far skinnier than the average of its species- possibly malnourished.

"Allow me to explain," Kaden speaks again, grinning at what is probably the look on your face. "We're a Rocket town," he says, pulling apart his buttoned shirt to show the red 'R' logo pasted on a black shirt underneath.

"Our purpose is to mass produce Moo Moo Milk to generate funds for our operations. The money has to come from somewhere, y'know? The whole town was created for this purpose, and they all know it. It's true that I was born and raised here, but I was raised to become a member of Team Rocket. All the children who live in this town will one day serve Team Rocket in some way as well. Nobody knows about what we do here, except the Tauros, of course. Thanks for helping us with that, by the way."

He starts to laugh hysterically. With a heavy sigh, he straightens himself again, "Well, now that you know about us, I have no choice but to take you out. It's a shame, really." He flicks open a Pokeball, throwing it up to summon a familiar Hariyama take a sumo stance in front of his trainer. "Tyson, destroy."

"Hari-yamaaaaaaa!"

What will you do?
Old 07-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #216
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Missingno. Master: You decide to head down the sewer system, returning Helga to her Pokeball due to her large size, before climbing down the ladder. Meowth follows close behind, keeping pace with you as you continue to descend.

Soon you hear running water, which you figure must be the sewer system, though the source of the light is still a far way down. Perhaps you underestimated the distance to the light, but then you question what could possibly be so far under a town. The feeling in your stomach grows larger as you climb down for the next several minutes- the light gradually growing larger.

Eventually the ladder ends and you look down to see a white steel floor, deciding to jump down. You look around to see a long cylindrical pathway leading to something, artificial lighting making the path seem rather bright, but what alarms you the most is a camera in the ceiling looking directly at you. Within a moment a steel wall comes down, closing one of the pathways off. Welp, whoever is down here now knows that you're here.

With only one direction to go, you decide to start walking down the path as you start to notice an all-too-familiar logo plastered along the walls. The bright crimson 'R'. This does not look good. You start to run down the path, feeling uneasier by the minute when you finally see the path lead to a large laboratory room.

"You shouldn't be nosing around in unfamiliar territory, Keith."

You look to see the source of the voice. It's Kaden.

"I told you to meet me at the plaza, but I guess you're more curious than I thought. Too curious for your own good it seems," the trainer continues. He pauses, pointing to a large machine construct. You see a large container full of a white substance, and not far from it, you find several Milktank in cages. These Milktank had a sickly look, however, far skinnier than the average of its species- possibly malnourished.

"Allow me to explain," Kaden speaks again, grinning at what is probably the look on your face. "We're a Rocket town," he says, pulling apart his buttoned shirt to show the red 'R' logo pasted on a black shirt underneath.

"Our purpose is to mass produce Moo Moo Milk to generate funds for our operations. The money has to come from somewhere, y'know? The whole town was created for this purpose, and they all know it. It's true that I was born and raised here, but I was raised to become a member of Team Rocket. All the children who live in this town will one day serve Team Rocket in some way as well. Nobody knows about what we do here, except the Tauros, of course. Thanks for helping us with that, by the way."

He starts to laugh hysterically. With a heavy sigh, he straightens himself again, "Well, now that you know about us, I have no choice but to take you out. It's a shame, really." He flicks open a Pokeball, throwing it up to summon a familiar Hariyama take a sumo stance in front of his trainer. "Tyson, destroy."

"Hari-yamaaaaaaa!"

What will you do?
Keith and Meowth started to descend the ladder, though it was a much longer climb than either one of them had anticipated. The distance was considerable, taking them further underground than Keith could have imagined it'd take them. Before long, they could hear running water, which Keith assumed to be the sewer system. However, they were still a considerable distance from the source of light.

After entirely too much climbing, they finally reached the bottom, ending up on a steel floor in a cylindrical pathway, artificially lit. As Keith looked around, Meowth jumped off the ladder and onto his Trainer's shoulder. "Uh-oh," Meowth murmured.

"Hmm?" said Keith. "What's wrong?"

"We're bein' watched," responded Meowth, pointing a paw towards the ceiling. Keith looked, and to his alarm, saw a security camera. And then, before Keith could even begin to react to this, a loud slamming noise caught his and Meowth's attention- a steel wall had slammed down behind them, blocking off that part of the path. "WAH!" Meowth exclaimed, grabbing onto Keith for dear life as the sound thoroughly startled him.

"I'm gonna go ahead and say this can't be good," Keith remarked.

"Gee, ya tink?!" Meowth said sarcastically.

Keith did not respond to this, but instead started down the only path open to them. And as they walked, Keith spotted yet another decidedly ominous feature of this tunnel- the red R plastered on the walls.

"Dat's da Team Rocket logo," Meowth murmured.

"Thus I reiterate- not good," replied Keith.

They wordlessly continued down the corridor, Keith gradually increasing his pace, until he was running down the path. And then, just as they got to the end of the path and wound up in some sort of laboratory, a familiar voice sounded, telling Keith that he shouldn't have been nosing around in unfamiliar territory. Keith looked, and saw-

"Kaden?!" Keith and Meowth exclaimed simultaneously. Indeed, the Trainer who had enlisted Keith's help in stopping the Tauros stampede was now standing before them in some secret underground laboratory likely run by Team Rocket. As his mind tried to process this decidedly unexpected turn of events, Kaden pointed at a nearby machine- there was a container filled with some sort of white substance, and nearby, several cages, all of them containing sickly-looking pink Pokémon. Keith took out his Pokédex.

"Miltank, the Milk Cow Pokémon," droned the device. "Miltank's milk is famous for its beneficial effects on the drinker's health. If trained well enough, its Rollout attack is unstoppable."

Keith was now looking appalled- the Miltank in the cages looked much, much skinnier than the Miltank picture on his Pokédex's screen. However, the look on his face merely elicited a grin from Kaden, who launched into an explanation- Gilded Town was created by and for Team Rocket, and this laboratory was where they mass-produced Moo Moo Milk to fund their illicit activities. He even revealed what he was wearing underneath his outer layer of clothes- the Team Rocket uniform. Kaden was... a member of Team Rocket! And as if that wasn't bad enough, Keith had actually been roped into helping them out by keeping away the Tauros, the only ones who were aware of what was really going on.

"So dat's why da townspeople didn't seem ta tink much o' da Tauros stampedin'!" Meowth exclaimed. He looked pissed, but that was nothing compared to Keith, who spoke up almost immediately after Meowth was done. He didn't get out much more than "You filthy-" before lapsing into Shuppet language, and judging by the shocked looks he was getting from Meowth, calling Kaden some pretty nasty names.

At that point, Kaden laughed maniacally, and called out Tyson, his Hariyama- this time, to eliminate Keith and Meowth. Keith narrowed his eyes and reached for his belt, but before he could even start to decide on a Poké Ball, one of them opened up, unleashing a purple scrap of sentient cloth into the air- it was Helena, Keith's Shuppet, and she. Looked. Pissed.

"...I'm guessin' Helena heard da whole ting," Meowth remarked to Keith.

"Gee, you think?" Keith responded.

"Team Rocket," Helena hissed, glaring at Kaden and Tyson with more fury and hatred than Keith had ever seen from her in his life. "Those Miltank are severely malnourished, and you don't give a Raticate's ass, do you?! Just so long as you get your precious money, right?! That's all that matters to you [CENSORED] scumbags is money, isn't it, and you don't give a flying [CENSORED] whether anything else suffers as long as you get [CENSORED] paid!!!" She looked about ready to send out Joy, but Keith was glad she didn't- Joy was an Audino, and as a Normal-type, would have a distinct disadvantage against this Hariyama, as a Fighting-type.

"Well, we're gonna stop them, Helena," Keith said firmly. "We'll shut this whole operation down, we'll get those Miltank the help and food they need, and we'll free Gilded Town from Team Rocket forever!" At this, Helena turned to give Keith a grateful smile. Her eyes still blazed with fury and rage, but the smile was genuine. Of course, as she turned to face Kaden and Tyson, the angry scowl was back in place.

"I tink she's ready ta do dis," Meowth nodded.

"All right!" grinned Keith. "Helena, blast them with Psychic, and follow up with Ominous Wind!"
Old 07-26-2014, 05:02 AM   #217
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Quoth the raven: nevermore

OoC: Well Pearl...if you can give me any pointers that would be grand. I look forward to what you can make of this.

stats

Quote:
You are cordially invited...

To Mr. Ethan Rivers,

Your presence is requested to participate in a mystery game at the local abandon mansion on 742 Evergreen Terrace.

Info: July 26, 20XX, Midnight

Please present this invitation at the front door where you’ll be greeted. Good luck and let it be known that it is in your best interest to attend.
Sincerely yours,-
Ethan couldn't finish the note as a piece of it was ripped out. He didn't know who had sent it or why. The eerie impression he got from it told him he had no other choice but to attend.

Making his way towards his destination. Foggy weather arose as Ethan walked the streets of this empty town. He checked his watch to look at the time, and quickly turned his back around as he felt a tap on his shoulder. To his surprise no one was there but instead found a fallen leaf on the ground, he smiled nervously as he found his own paranoia a bit amusing.

Why am I so nervous? he thought, It's just a game.

The mansion grew closer to him but it was empty looking with no sight of life. His heart beating faster as his pulse races by a sudden bird cawing in the wind. On this chilly night, sweat pours from his forehead and an uncomfortable feeling arises as he gets closer to the structure. Ethan swallows his anxiety before slowly reaching for the door bell with his right hand while clenching the invitation in his left. Casting his fears aside, before pressing the button and hoping he hadn't made the biggest mistake of his life by coming here.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 07-26-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:00 AM   #218
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Okay, here goes, I've not done any updating in a long while so if there's any problems drop me a PM!

Mansion - Please reply in DarkOrchid

Electric Blue Eyes: With an invitation clutched firmly in hand and a thorough ring of the doorbell, you await your host for the evening's game. It isn't long before the sound of footsteps can be heard coming towards you and the door before you. With a creak and a shudder, the door begins to open and the light from within seeps out onto you, casting your shadow to be lost in the fog-laden gardens. Through the door stands a large but simple foyer, but who had answered your call? Stepping through into the entrance hall illuminates this no further, as you are surrounded by nothing but the fanciest of decor and silence. Further inspection of the room shows you that there are several passages leading off directly in front of the main entrance and in both walls to the left and right. A humongous white and gold staircase wraps around the outside of the entrance up and away to the other levels of the mansion.

As you stand within these new surroundings, it soon becomes clear that the abode is not completely silent after all. From some distant room come the eager cries of Pokémon in battle. Bumping can be heard every so often from upstairs. A distant applause echoes down from a passage behind you. None of the noise appears to be nearby, the entrance still steeped in silence with no-one there to greet you.

It is then when you hear it. A horrific sound. A rampant and angry scratching on old wood. The noise appears to be coming from within the corner of the entrance hall, where you notice that there is an ornate chest at a jaunty angle. As soon as you set your eyes on the archaic storage unit, the noise dissipates. Whatever is causing the awful noise appears to know when you're looking at it, starting the scratching back up again once you turn away.

"Do you want to play a game?"

The light and airy voice jingles in your ear. Upon turning to the sudden words, your eyes meet a young woman. Donned in a flowing dress of pastel pink with an accompanying summer hat atop her auburn locks, the woman looks quite out of place given the time and setting. Her faces beams when she notices the stationary within your hand.

"I see you got one of mama's writs, she is so good to me!" The girl grabs you by the other hand and walks you quickly to a chaise longue. A chaise longue poised right next to the chest. As she implores you to sit, the scratching starts up again but the noise does not seem to reach the girl's ears.

"Whenever you're ready, we can go and meet the other players. For now, though, let's get acquainted. My name is Monica and this is my house. Well, mama's house. What's your name?" Behind you, the scratching persists so much that the chest appears to be wobbling where it stands.

What will you do?
Old 07-30-2014, 07:49 AM   #219
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Tell Tale Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
Okay, here goes, I've not done any updating in a long while so if there's any problems drop me a PM!

Electric Blue Eyes: With an invitation clutched firmly in hand and a thorough ring of the doorbell, you await your host for the evening's game. It isn't long before the sound of footsteps can be heard coming towards you and the door before you. With a creak and a shudder, the door begins to open and the light from within seeps out onto you, casting your shadow to be lost in the fog-laden gardens. Through the door stands a large but simple foyer, but who had answered your call? Stepping through into the entrance hall illuminates this no further, as you are surrounded by nothing but the fanciest of decor and silence. Further inspection of the room shows you that there are several passages leading off directly in front of the main entrance and in both walls to the left and right. A humongous white and gold staircase wraps around the outside of the entrance up and away to the other levels of the mansion.

As you stand within these new surroundings, it soon becomes clear that the abode is not completely silent after all. From some distant room come the eager cries of Pokémon in battle. Bumping can be heard every so often from upstairs. A distant applause echoes down from a passage behind you. None of the noise appears to be nearby, the entrance still steeped in silence with no-one there to greet you.

It is then when you hear it. A horrific sound. A rampant and angry scratching on old wood. The noise appears to be coming from within the corner of the entrance hall, where you notice that there is an ornate chest at a jaunty angle. As soon as you set your eyes on the archaic storage unit, the noise dissipates. Whatever is causing the awful noise appears to know when you're looking at it, starting the scratching back up again once you turn away.

"Do you want to play a game?"

The light and airy voice jingles in your ear. Upon turning to the sudden words, your eyes meet a young woman. Donned in a flowing dress of pastel pink with an accompanying summer hat atop her auburn locks, the woman looks quite out of place given the time and setting. Her faces beams when she notices the stationary within your hand.

"I see you got one of mama's writs, she is so good to me!" The girl grabs you by the other hand and walks you quickly to a chaise longue. A chaise longue poised right next to the chest. As she implores you to sit, the scratching starts up again but the noise does not seem to reach the girl's ears.

"Whenever you're ready, we can go and meet the other players. For now, though, let's get acquainted. My name is Monica and this is my house. Well, mama's house. What's your name?" Behind you, the scratching persists so much that the chest appears to be wobbling where it stands.

What will you do?
stats

"Hello?" the young man said rather nervously as no one came to greet him at the door. "Is anyone there?" he asked, stepping in through the entrance Could've sworn I had heard footsteps… he thought before he closed the door firmly behind him and took a long look at his new surroundings.

"OoOoooohh!" he whistled, "Nice place…" he said out loud, "But does anyone even live here?"

It was then when he heard a familiar sound, a sound he knew quite well, the sound of a Pokemon battle.

Being someone that was very passionate about the intense competition of Pokemon battling, Ethan took one step toward a flight of stairs he thought would lead him to what he had heard originally when another sound caught his attention.

On the floor, what seemed to be coming from a chest at the corner of the room, was a horrific noise that sounded almost like sharp nails clawing on a piece of chalk board. It made Ethan’s skin crawl, as he rubbed both his wrists together, an odd habit he had when something disturbed him to no end. But when he looked directly at the source of the noise, it stopped.

Whatevers in there, knows when I’m looking at it. He thought, as he moved in closer to it, curiosity beginning to dig it's long talons inside his heart and mind, What could be inside-

"Do you want to play a game?" a voice of a young woman catching him off guard.

Ethan soon turned around as he came to face to face with the young maiden that had startled him from peeking inside the chest. "What kind of game?" he asked acting innocent, as the young women beamed at him, noticing the letter in hand and took him by the other, moving him to seat and chat.

Soon explaining who she was and that someone she knew as ‘mama’ had sent the invite to him and other players, he introduced himself, "It’s nice to meet you Monica, my name is Ethan, I'm a traveling trainer, in search of adventure and romance. You said earlier that your ‘mama’ as you called her, sent me this invitation, do you have any idea how she knows me or what this game may intell- I’m sorry," he said slightly annoyed, "Do you not hear that?" the young man finally admitted, as he turned to face the chest that seemed to be moving slightly across the room and making noise again, stop as soon as he eyed it.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #220
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Electric Blue Eyes: As you answer the young woman's questions, she appears beguiled with what you have to tell her of yourself, nodding intently as if to urge you onwards. This soon changes when you question the nature of the chest, Monica instantly drops her confident eye contact to turn away from you and glance out into space. With the now awkward silence between you, you notice that the scratching has subsided and the only noise within the room is the breathing of your now visibly shaken host.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She eventually utters, "That chest has always been here, it's just a chest. Ignore it." As she utters the last two words, she appears to recoil back into herself once more.

"Mama didn't bring you here to discuss the furnishings, anyway, let's get to the game." The woman composes herself once more and stands before you, almost giving off an air of defiance. If she was faking this confidence, she was doing it well, the beaming smile returning to her face once more.

"What you were asking before. How does mama know you. I don't think she does, she always told me she had connections. I suppose it's these connections she uses to bring people here?" Monica motions towards the invite in your hand and slides it out to take a look at it for herself. With a wrinkle of her nose, she hands it back to you, "She could have at least used her best stationary!"

With Monica steering the talk away from the chest and believing she has distracted you, she seats herself once more alongside you upon the chaise longue. However, this is short lived, with an almost deafening bell chime booming through the foyer. The suddeness of the bell startles you, but not your host. She has already crossed the room and activated a switch on the left hand wall.

"Seems we dillydallied too long, that'll be the next player. Good luck!"

As her words echoed towards you, the surroundings begin to darken, a wispy blackness starting from the high ceiling and creeping along all four walls and around the staircase. You turn to Monica and find she is no longer there and before you know it, the shadow is upon you. In the final moments, you notice something far off in the distant shadow, up the shadow stairs and before a shadow door. An oddly familiar Pokémon, manipulating the darkness around it with its tiny purple claws, a wicked grin splayed across its face. The grin becomes a psychotic grimace, the final image to meet your eyes before the nothingness.

~~~

"Wake up!"

In the darkness, the unfamiliar voice could be anywhere. In the gloom, there is a few shapes to make out, a mixture of what looks like people and their Pokémon. As your eyes adjust, you see that none of them look like they have had much fun or a chance to play any games yet. The people themselves looked exhausted and the Pokémon far from ready to have so much as a friendly tussle.

"Thank God. We never thought you would come around..." There it was again, that was the original voice. The voice was that of a young male who was stood closest to you, a Machoke poised at his side, "You ready for the game?"

"Must you continue with this game stuff, this is no game, Alfons..." A woman of a similar age chided him, she seemed to be quite serious in her talking though, "You need to get out of here, you need to help US to get out of here..." As she spoke, she clutched her arms tightly around her Pokémon, a female Nidoran who appeared to be as shaken up as her trainer.

"She took our Pokémon. That bitch up there. Or wherever she is." Alfons pointed upwards, he had obviously arrived via the same plunge into the abyss and wasn't entirely sure how that had happened to him either.

"Between us, we've only got a few Pokémon left. Did she take any of yours?" A quick check of your belt reveals that you're one Pokéball short, the spherical home of a recent acquisition and a rare one at that. Viola's Pokéball is missing. It quickly becomes clear to the people surrounding you that you too are part of the same predicament.

"Which Pokémon did they take? We've worked out that so far, all of the missing Pokémon are Kalosian. Is this true of yours too?" A second woman walks closer to you with her Pokémon, a rather proud looking Noctowl sidling right behind her, "They took my beloved Spritzee. She needs her Pokéblocks and her daily brushes, oh poor Pinky..." As she sobs for her lost friend, the girl looks to you with a longing in her eyes. A longing to be helped.

"You seem to have quite a roster left to play with, new guy, you ready for the game?" Alfons echoed his original question, clearly ignoring his female companion's anguish nearby, "All you got to do is say the word and we can take that witch down... once and for all."

What will you do?

Last edited by Pearl's Perap; 07-30-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:23 AM   #221
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Curiosity killed the cat, don't be surprised if it kills you too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post

Electric Blue Eyes: As you answer the young woman's questions, she appears beguiled with what you have to tell her of yourself, nodding intently as if to urge you onwards. This soon changes when you question the nature of the chest, Monica instantly drops her confident eye contact to turn away from you and glance out into space. With the now awkward silence between you, you notice that the scratching has subsided and the only noise within the room is the breathing of your now visibly shaken host.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She eventually utters, "That chest has always been here, it's just a chest. Ignore it." As she utters the last two words, she appears to recoil back into herself once more.

"Mama didn't bring you here to discuss the furnishings, anyway, let's get to the game." The woman composes herself once more and stands before you, almost giving off an air of defiance. If she was faking this confidence, she was doing it well, the beaming smile returning to her face once more.

"What you were asking before. How does mama know you. I don't think she does, she always told me she had connections. I suppose it's these connections she uses to bring people here?" Monica motions towards the invite in your hand and slides it out to take a look at it for herself. With a wrinkle of her nose, she hands it back to you, "She could have at least used her best stationary!"

With Monica steering the talk away from the chest and believing she has distracted you, she seats herself once more alongside you upon the chaise longue. However, this is short lived, with an almost deafening bell chime booming through the foyer. The suddeness of the bell startles you, but not your host. She has already crossed the room and activated a switch on the left hand wall.

"Seems we dillydallied too long, that'll be the next player. Good luck!"

As her words echoed towards you, the surroundings begin to darken, a wispy blackness starting from the high ceiling and creeping along all four walls and around the staircase. You turn to Monica and find she is no longer there and before you know it, the shadow is upon you. In the final moments, you notice something far off in the distant shadow, up the shadow stairs and before a shadow door. An oddly familiar Pokémon, manipulating the darkness around it with its tiny purple claws, a wicked grin splayed across its face. The grin becomes a psychotic grimace, the final image to meet your eyes before the nothingness.

~~~

"Wake up!"

In the darkness, the unfamiliar voice could be anywhere. In the gloom, there is a few shapes to make out, a mixture of what looks like people and their Pokémon. As your eyes adjust, you see that none of them look like they have had much fun or a chance to play any games yet. The people themselves looked exhausted and the Pokémon far from ready to have so much as a friendly tussle.

"Thank God. We never thought you would come around..." There it was again, that was the original voice. The voice was that of a young male who was stood closest to you, a Machoke poised at his side, "You ready for the game?"

"Must you continue with this game stuff, this is no game, Alfons..." A woman of a similar age chided him, she seemed to be quite serious in her talking though, "You need to get out of here, you need to help US to get out of here..." As she spoke, she clutched her arms tightly around her Pokémon, a female Nidoran who appeared to be as shaken up as her trainer.

"She took our Pokémon. That bitch up there. Or wherever she is." Alfons pointed upwards, he had obviously arrived via the same plunge into the abyss and wasn't entirely sure how that had happened to him either.

"Between us, we've only got a few Pokémon left. Did she take any of yours?" A quick check of your belt reveals that you're one Pokéball short, the spherical home of a recent acquisition and a rare one at that. Viola's Pokéball is missing. It quickly becomes clear to the people surrounding you that you too are part of the same predicament.

"Which Pokémon did they take? We've worked out that so far, all of the missing Pokémon are Kalosian. Is this true of yours too?" A second woman walks closer to you with her Pokémon, a rather proud looking Noctowl sidling right behind her, "They took my beloved Spritzee. She needs her Pokéblocks and her daily brushes, oh poor Pinky..." As she sobs for her lost friend, the girl looks to you with a longing in her eyes. A longing to be helped.

"You seem to have quite a roster left to play with, new guy, you ready for the game?" Alfons echoed his original question, clearly ignoring his female companion's anguish nearby, "All you got to do is say the word and we can take that witch down... once and for all."

What will you do?
stats

"Y-you’re lying..." Ethan stuttered as Monica tried to steer the conversation away from the chest, "I can't be the only one that notices the chest making noise or the clear evidence of it moving from one side of the room to the other!" he yelled at her.

There’s something off about this…

"What do you got hiding in this place?!"

Get out of here!! a voice in his head told him, Run and never look back!!

But before the young man had a chance to get up and run to the door, the trainer heard a load bell chime resonate throughout the house, making the boy jump, he looked to his left where the young women was seating only to find she had moved over to the other side of the room to a switch on the wall.

When she flipped it, darkness fell over the space like a curtain, as a number of shadowy figures blanketed the nicely lit room all of them converging on to him!, "What’s going on?! Hey, I didn't sign up for this!" If only I can reach one of my Pokeballs he thought but it was too late, all Ethan could recall as his vision began to go black, was an unrecognizable Pokémon with two small claws and a wide set grin, creepily looking at him...

--

When the trainer came to, he was groggy, and in pain. He slowly opened his eyes, as he heard a voice calling out to him, to wake up. He blinked once, twice before the voice had a face attached to it.

Ethan soon moved himself as far away from the blurry shadows of people and Pokémon all huddled around, first thinking of them as enemies before rubbing at his eyes and seeing the sympathetic expressions on their faces "Thank God. We never thought you would come around..."

Would that be something a person would say if they were an enemy? but the next thing the gentlemen with the Machoke said triggered something in his head, "You ready for the game?"

Could it be, Ethan’s eyes widening, That these are the other players, Monica mentioned earlier.

"What just happened, and where am I?" Ethan managed to mutter as he rubbed his head and sat up right before learning of the horrible truth that happened to all the other trainers before him.

"No, this can’t be happening," he said slamming his fist in the ground, Viola…I just recently caught her, I promised to make her strong and always look after her… though their relationship was a bit rocky, as Ethan didn’t see Viola as an exceptionally strong Pokémon, he was slowly learning not all Pokémon needed to be physically or mentally strong to be useful, all Pokémon like people had skills that they all excel in no matter what that might be. He had also completely fallen for her rich character and how creative she was when it came to fashion, going as far as making clothes to wear, and making Ethan a black handkerchief made out of a mixture of her String Shot and Powder.

Even now he had it, supporting her dream, to make fashionable clothes for Pokémon and people to wear. Ethan dug his hand inside his pocket retrieving the handkerchief as he rubbed his fingers on it's silkiness.

He soon stood before, eyeing all of his teammates as he felt all their rage at this one singular individual that took away a member of their family. Munchlax, Togepi, Gastly, and Jolteon, I know exactly how you feel…I swear it on my life, we’ll get her back. He may of needed them all to get through whatever trail he was about to be faced with, "I’m in" agreeing to expell revenge on the witch that did this to them, "What do I have to do?"
Old 07-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #222
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Missingno. Master: You curse angrily at Kaden in Shuppet language for the sight you were beholding, as the Rocket member laughs it off before sending out Tyson.

You begin to contemplate who you should send out, but before you have a choice in the matter, Helena pops out of her Pokeball with anger in her eyes. She gives a brief rant to Kaden and Tyson, as you agree on your course of action.

"That's cute and all, but will you be able to pull it off? I may be just a Grunt, but I'm also one of the top trainers in our organization's Fizzy Bubbles faction," he grins.

Tyson roars loudly, stomping each foot side to side like a sumo as he readies himself. With both sides ready, the battle gets underway.

Helena is quick to start off, surging pink energies from throughout her body into a focused point on her mind. With a blink, the Shuppet casts the Psychic energy in a blasting wave which catches the Hariyama off-guard. The large sumo grunts, but stands his ground. It will take more than that to take down this seasoned fighter.

Tyson responds soon after, his eyes glowing bright red as he casts a quick look on the Ghost-type. The Shuppet then glows momentarily, but it quickly fades out. You can only guess that to be Foresight as Tyson stampedes forward- a hand primed with Fighting-type energy as he rears it back. Before Helena can respond, the Palm Forces into her small body, sending her flying back and into a metal wall- leaving a small dent. Now that's power.

Helena doesn't look ready to give up, however, as she floats back to face her foe, readying herself with Ghost-type energy before blowing a powerful Wind of Ominous origin. The wind blows into the Hariyama, who again, doesn't budge, but looks to have hurt from the blow nonetheless. What's more, some leftover energy pours into the Shuppet, as the Ominous Wind gifts back Helena with a boost to all of her stats. This could be the added oomph you needed.

What will you do?
Old 07-31-2014, 02:35 PM   #223
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Missingno. Master: You curse angrily at Kaden in Shuppet language for the sight you were beholding, as the Rocket member laughs it off before sending out Tyson.

You begin to contemplate who you should send out, but before you have a choice in the matter, Helena pops out of her Pokeball with anger in her eyes. She gives a brief rant to Kaden and Tyson, as you agree on your course of action.

"That's cute and all, but will you be able to pull it off? I may be just a Grunt, but I'm also one of the top trainers in our organization's Fizzy Bubbles faction," he grins.

Tyson roars loudly, stomping each foot side to side like a sumo as he readies himself. With both sides ready, the battle gets underway.

Helena is quick to start off, surging pink energies from throughout her body into a focused point on her mind. With a blink, the Shuppet casts the Psychic energy in a blasting wave which catches the Hariyama off-guard. The large sumo grunts, but stands his ground. It will take more than that to take down this seasoned fighter.

Tyson responds soon after, his eyes glowing bright red as he casts a quick look on the Ghost-type. The Shuppet then glows momentarily, but it quickly fades out. You can only guess that to be Foresight as Tyson stampedes forward- a hand primed with Fighting-type energy as he rears it back. Before Helena can respond, the Palm Forces into her small body, sending her flying back and into a metal wall- leaving a small dent. Now that's power.

Helena doesn't look ready to give up, however, as she floats back to face her foe, readying herself with Ghost-type energy before blowing a powerful Wind of Ominous origin. The wind blows into the Hariyama, who again, doesn't budge, but looks to have hurt from the blow nonetheless. What's more, some leftover energy pours into the Shuppet, as the Ominous Wind gifts back Helena with a boost to all of her stats. This could be the added oomph you needed.

What will you do?
Kaden grinned at Helena's words, dismissing them as "cute", before questioning whether she'd actually be able to do anything to them. This only served to piss Helena off even further, and it was with zero hesitation that she started things off, blasting Tyson with the most powerful Psychic attack she had ever used. "Nice!" grinned Keith.

"I ain't seen Helena battle like dat before," Meowth remarked.

"I'm not surprised," Keith replied. "Helena's always been tough, but a battle against Team Rocket, that's gotta be the ultimate motivation for her to give it her all. That's what her grudge is against," he added in a whisper. "She was killed by members of Team Rocket."

At that moment, however, Tyson made his first move- the Hariyama's eyes glowed bright red, causing the Shuppet to glow for a brief moment. "Wat was dat?" Meowth wondered.

"I dunno- oh, crap," Keith muttered, his eyes widening in horror. "That must have been Foresight!" And then, he saw Tyson charging forward, one of the Hariyama's giant hands charged with Fighting energy. "Helena, no! Dodge it!" he exclaimed. But it was too late- the Force Palm connected, Helena having been caught off-guard by suddenly losing her usual immunity to Fighting moves, and the Fighting move sent her flying back into a metal wall, even leaving a dent.

"Oh, dis is bad," Meowth said shakily. "Call her back! Send in Strychnine or sometin'!"

But Keith said nothing, thinking back to a previous adventure of his... a trip to the shipwrecked remains of the Black Swan which led to a surprise visit to the mythical Glitch City. It was where Helena battled for the very first time as a Pokémon. Keith could remember it like it was yesterday- Hermione, his Weedle, had knocked herself out against an opposing Kangaskhan by using Firestream, due to her being very inexperienced with the move at that time. Keith was about to send his Venomoth into the fray, when Helena, getting increasingly fed up with her constant inability to help out in any way in that adventure, finally had enough and insisted on battling the Kangaskhan. And even though Keith's fears that the Kangaskhan had Scrappy turned out to be absolutely true, even though Helena had no battling experience as a Pokémon, and even though Knock Off and Flash were all she had to work with at the time (she also knew Ominous Wind back then, but a fat lot of good that would have done to the Normal-type Kangaskhan!), she emerged victorious. Keith was so proud of her that once they got back safely from that little adventure, he bought her the TM which taught her Psychic in the first place.

"No," Keith finally said to Meowth. "You weren't there in Glitch City, Meowth. If you were, you'd know just as well as I do that the stubbornness you so frequently call me out on is clearly a Masters family trait. Helena can handle this, I believe in her. Ominous Wind now!" he added, as his Shuppet extricated herself from the dent she had been forced to make in the wall. And Helena did not need to be told twice! The young Shuppet, in her fury, whipped up what could be more accurately described as an Ominous Hurricane, the ghostly wind blasting the Hariyama with great force. Though Tyson was clearly taking damage from the move, still he held his ground. Keith gritted his teeth- Tyson was clearly well-trained. It seemed that Kaden's talk about him being one of the top Trainers in Team Rocket's Fizzytopia branch wasn't just all talk.

At that moment, however, Helena turned around and smiled at Keith. "I think Ominous Wind's side effect kicked in," she said in Shuppet language, causing a grin to form on Keith's face.

"Its side effect?" Meowth asked. "Refresh my memory, wat's dat again?"

Keith's grin widened. "Ominous Wind has a small chance of upping the user's offenses, defenses, and Speed when it's used," he explained. "And that's just what happened here. See what I told you? I told you Helena can handle this."

Meowth nodded. "I'm startin' ta get dat, yeah," he conceded.

Keith turned his cowboy hat backwards. "Go, Helena!" he exclaimed. "Use your Screech attack, blind him with Flash, and follow up with a Gunk Shot!"
Old 08-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #224
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
I already have an updator. I hope you can make something out of this PP. Each one of the three Pokémon will be going through the Monday shops a few times, so their stats might change a little along the way. I hope you don't mind. I'll keep you posted on any of the major changes. (Oh yeah, you get to choose the colour)

---

“Something’s not right here.” Lucas kept on walking through the street while holding up the map, turning it every few steps to look at it from a different angle. The streets of the city were crowded with people who went about their business and small stalls littered the pathways, offering fresh fruit, candy or newspapers. A few yelled out into the streets to advertise their wares.
The past couple of days, Lucas had brought some of his Pokémon on a bonding experience to visit a touristic sightseeing place. There was supposedly a small village in the neck of the woods that offered guided tours to their scenic waterfalls. Lucas was hoping to climb his way to the top to see the view. Rumour had it that rare Pokémon made their home there and he was dying to see some of them. The village was, according to the map, another two days travel but somehow the group had stumbled onto a city that lay in the middle of nowhere.
Lucas turned the map around one more time but in frustration he crumbled the paper and threw into a nearby trash can. “This city isn’t anywhere on the map. What the hell is this place?”
Behind came the three Pokémon he had brought with him; a Bellsprout, an Absol and a Swirlix. All of them were new additions to the team and he had purposefully let them out of their Pokéballs to give them some more freedom. But that was because he had expected nothing but woods for a while.
His Absol enjoyed wandering off, curious about the big city and its quirks.
The Swirlix named Floss kept rushing towards any vendor they passed, trying to much on the sweets that lay out for grabbing. Lucas had on multiple occasions needed to pull her away and one more than once was he supposed to pay for the stolen candy. Supposed to. The trainer just quickly grabbed his Swirlix and ran off every time, the stall owner held back by his own stand.
His Bellsprout didn’t give any trouble but he wasn’t an exact help either, tottering behind the rest of them at his own pace. Every few steps, he required a small break to regain his balance as his head lopped to the side.
It would have been a smart move to recall his Pokémon to their Pokéballs. It would have been the smart thing to do.
“Let’s just try to figure out where this place is first,” he called back to his team. Each one of them was more interested in something else though. “Perhaps there’s some place that can give some information on where we are.”

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 08-10-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #225
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Missingno. Master: "Heh, you think that will help in the end? You have another thing coming if that's the case," Kaden cackles, "Show them how it's done, Tyson."

"Hariyamaaaaa-" the heavyweight roars, flexing his arms and body as muscles everywhere ripple up briefly before sizing down again. With it over, the Hariyama looks to have some new vibrancy. "That was Bulk Up," the Rocket responds, "Now he has extra power to pummel your Shuppet!"

Helena doesn't seem fazed, however, her previous boost making her feel quite rejuvenated instead. Huffing in some air, she bellows an ear wrenching Screech as pulses of sound waves make way to the Hariyama. Gritting his teeth, Tyson clenches his ears with his beefy hands as his Defense plummets- buffered only by his previous Bulk Up.

The smile on Kaden's face was gone at this point, "Let's show them our Frustration, shall we?" His demeanor said it all, he too would have to take this fight seriously.

With another roar, the Hariyama charges in, though Helena is prepared yet again. Mouth widened, a bright Flashing light suddenly emits as Tyson continues running, blinding him as he runs off course and into the wall- leaving a much larger dent next the one Helena made.

With a heavy grunt, Tyson straightens himself, the antics were getting tiresome for him and his patience wore thin. With a puff for air, the sumo rears his head back before emitting a gushing blast of salt water. The Brine washes over the Shuppet from point blank- sending her back a good distance as the water ravages her.

Coughing up a few drops of water, she gathers her bearings for the next order. Following suit of the Hariyama, she rears her own head back before emitting a massive Shot of Gunk. The blob explodes on Tyson, disorienting him from the blast as he finds himself covering in purple gunk. The gunk soon fades- however, as some of it seep into his skin. He cringes a bit as they enter his system- leaving him poisoned. "Just great..." Kaden exclaims.

What will you do?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records