UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 10-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #26
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
For what it's worth, what made you fall out of love with it, MM? Can we blame Meowth? :P
It's not really so much I fell out of love with it... More like, I realized that between James and Pomona, Goyle was always gonna be overshadowed on my team as a Grass-type. James is one of my oldest and strongest Pokemon, and Pomona's got more personality. Much as I love Victreebel as a species, I had to realize that the best thing would be to give Goyle a home where he'd get more attention. I've never even battled with him. Hell, I've never even RP'd him using any moves, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
You know, with MM giving in to his whims each time and trading away some of his team, I do wonder how it's going to affect the other Pokemon still with him... he could RP that actually and this could make for a good story line in the Bar.
It's not a bad idea. And come on, I don't give into my whims every single time. Remember when Gemini Spark hatched a Cryogonal? I kept my cool (bad pun intended). Cryogonal are probably the most badass Ice-types I've ever seen, and I wanted one so badly, but I didn't go crazy trying to make room.

Anyway, my other Pokemon won't actually have anything to worry about. Aside from Crabbe and Goyle, I'm too dead set against trading anything. The first six Pokemon of mine, the six that, for the first few years, it was just them until I unlocked my PC, they're not going anywhere (Gemini, Hebenon, James, Lily, Nagini, and Hedwig). Too much history, too many memories, I'd sooner rip out various internal organs than trade any of them away. Even if they weren't level 100, even if I was allowed to trade my starter. I'm also not gonna trade away anything involved in a romantic relationship, for two reasons; 1, the relationship helps to establish the Pokemon's personality, and 2, I don't want to be responsible for forcing anyone else to have to potentially RP their Pokemon's heartbreak, should the new trainer not want to continue to RP the relationship. Severus was different, the trade actually allowed a little bit of closure where his feelings for Lily were concerned. Anyway, this means that Sirius, Salazar, Peeves, and Marvolo are all safe. I'm flat-out not trading Malfoy, Pomona, Myrtle or Luna, I enjoy RPing with them. And Drapion is definitely something I want in FB, so Scorpius stays, too. But, the notion that some of them might become nervous due to all this trading, it does open up a possibility or two...
Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #27
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

*All your Pokemon turn to Meowth*

Whey you're getting traded when you get boring. Whey your just a whim.
Treepandaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #28
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

EDIT: No. I'm sorry, I can't do it. I can't get rid of Goyle, I love Victreebel! What am I doing? I can't go through with this! Meowth is still on my want list, but it's not worth losing my Victreebel. I might not have RP'd with him that often, but damn it, it's high time I started.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 10-03-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #29
Takeo
Boulder Badge

I seriously think you need an intervention.

Whimers Anonymous?
Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #30
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
I seriously think you need an intervention.

Whimers Anonymous?
Oh, come on, I'm not that bad. Did you not just see my change of heart here? The notion of trading my Victreebel away never sat right with me, even if I never did RP with him much.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #31
Takeo
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Oh, come on, I'm not that bad. Did you not just see my change of heart here? The notion of trading my Victreebel away never sat right with me, even if I never did RP with him much.
lol it was a joke, even I have my moments, we all do :P
Just seems like recently you've been whimming alot,
I know!, maybe someone's pokemon can give you a therapy session in the Bar, I hear Marion's Duskull is good at that.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #32
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
I know!, maybe someone's pokemon can give you a therapy session in the Bar, I hear Marion's Duskull is good at that.
She is a psychologist in training! Besides, Keith and Victreebel are going to need some trainer-Pokemon therapy after this whole episode of near-trading...
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #33
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
lol it was a joke, even I have my moments, we all do :P
Just seems like recently you've been whimming alot,
Haven't really been whimming that much... have I? Granted, Neville was just a whim, and I tried to resist Meowth, which of course resulted in an avalanche of whimages. Myrtle started out as a whim, but I'd never trade her now, same with Luna.

...OK, maybe I have been whimming a bit much lately...
Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #34
Takeo
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
She is a psychologist in training! Besides, Keith and Victreebel are going to need some trainer-Pokemon therapy after this whole episode of near-trading...
Yet somehow I still don't think that's the poison pokemon he was after

Quote:
Haven't really been whimming that much... have I? Granted, Neville was just a whim, and I tried to resist Meowth, which of course resulted in an avalanche of whimages. Myrtle started out as a whim, but I'd never trade her now, same with Luna.

...OK, maybe I have been whimming a bit much lately...
The first step to recovery is knowing you have a problem.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #35
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

So would Whimmer's Anonymous be a place to post un-whimages?

Spoiler: show
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #36
Takeo
Boulder Badge

Why yes, yes it would.
It's to make you want to whim for a certain pokemon much much less.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #37
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Anti-whimmages, you say?

In other news, I am thinking of recoloring my Cottonee black, so that she can be the little black sheep of my Pokemon family. :3
Old 10-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #38
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Anti-whimmages, you say?

In other news, I am thinking of recoloring my Cottonee black, so that she can be the little black sheep of my Pokemon family. :3
ME, Queen of both Whim and Anti-Whim.

D'aww, that would be adorable. =3
Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #39
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So this whole situation with Goyle is now making me rethink my decision to trade Crabbe away at the first opportunity to get a Trubbish. That said, if I happen across one in any zones, I'm now screwed... And Trubbish is no whim. Trubbish is way past the point of whim, Trubbish is a priority. What to do...
Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #40
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
So this whole situation with Goyle is now making me rethink my decision to trade Crabbe away at the first opportunity to get a Trubbish. That said, if I happen across one in any zones, I'm now screwed... And Trubbish is no whim. Trubbish is way past the point of whim, Trubbish is a priority. What to do...
There is a very simple solution:

You don't worry about anything until either a) a Trubbish appears or b) you have a new slot open.

I think you're worrying yourself sick over this whole dream team idea and you've really no reason to. If you've already established that Trubbish is your next must-have Pokémon, and if you've already established that short of a miracle you won't be unlocking a new slot on your team any sooner than the end of this calendar year, you've absolutely no reason to worry yourself about anything anyone else may hatch, catch, breed, or otherwise obtain. There's just no point in it. Why? Because!
  1. If you should find Trubbish before unlocking the new slot, you'd be releasing your least favorite / least invested in Pokemon ANYWAY. And your least invested in Pokemon is almost GUARANTEED to be anything you just recently acquired. (See: your story with the past two to three Pokemon you've traded for and then given away. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED. ^^; They were on the bottom rung of the ladder and they each got the boot when something better happened along.)
  2. If you should find Trubbish after unlocking the new slot, then great: assuming it's empty (though knowing you it probably won't be ^^; ) you can plunk him down in there, nice and cozy, and at THAT time you can worry about how you're going to make space for who to get next.
EITHER WAY, worrying about this now isn't doing you any good. You haven't the space. That is a hard, cold fact. So without the space, there's really no reason to be worrying about acquiring 2+ Pokemon at a time. And you're already doing that, even now, with your desire to get both Meowth and Trubbish on the team ASAP. The math just doesn't work out right unfortunately. ^^; You can't have both Meowth and Trubbish when you unlock your next slot. Not without kicking somebody off the squad. So pick one for now, work towards getting them, and worry about the other one later.

Disclaimer because "tone doesn't come out well on the Internet": giving this as friendly, calm advice. I do worry that you're stressing yourself out much too much over your team situation. After what's happened earlier tonight, I wouldn't have posted this unless I felt there was even a 1% chance of it getting through to you and helping you enjoy the next 3 months in peace.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #41
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
You know this brings to me an interesting question for all those updaters out there,
How do you guys decide what pokemon (be it as partner's or to battle), we the updatee's encounter in zones?
I come up with storylines first. Whatever Pokemon fits the story is the Pokemon I pick for a reward. Simple as that.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #42
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
There is a very simple solution:

You don't worry about anything until either a) a Trubbish appears or b) you have a new slot open.

I think you're worrying yourself sick over this whole dream team idea and you've really no reason to. If you've already established that Trubbish is your next must-have Pokémon, and if you've already established that short of a miracle you won't be unlocking a new slot on your team any sooner than the end of this calendar year, you've absolutely no reason to worry yourself about anything anyone else may hatch, catch, breed, or otherwise obtain. There's just no point in it. Why? Because!
  1. If you should find Trubbish before unlocking the new slot, you'd be releasing your least favorite / least invested in Pokemon ANYWAY. And your least invested in Pokemon is almost GUARANTEED to be anything you just recently acquired. (See: your story with the past two to three Pokemon you've traded for and then given away. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED. ^^; They were on the bottom rung of the ladder and they each got the boot when something better happened along.)
  2. If you should find Trubbish after unlocking the new slot, then great: assuming it's empty (though knowing you it probably won't be ^^; ) you can plunk him down in there, nice and cozy, and at THAT time you can worry about how you're going to make space for who to get next.
EITHER WAY, worrying about this now isn't doing you any good. You haven't the space. That is a hard, cold fact. So without the space, there's really no reason to be worrying about acquiring 2+ Pokemon at a time. And you're already doing that, even now, with your desire to get both Meowth and Trubbish on the team ASAP. The math just doesn't work out right unfortunately. ^^; You can't have both Meowth and Trubbish when you unlock your next slot. Not without kicking somebody off the squad. So pick one for now, work towards getting them, and worry about the other one later.

Disclaimer because "tone doesn't come out well on the Internet": giving this as friendly, calm advice. I do worry that you're stressing yourself out much too much over your team situation. After what's happened earlier tonight, I wouldn't have posted this unless I felt there was even a 1% chance of it getting through to you and helping you enjoy the next 3 months in peace.
Yeah, you're right. I'm worrying about this way too much, considering I have no space and there's no Trubbish that requires any sort of immediate attention. And I dunno, maybe Meowth really is just a whim, and I'm just a little confused about it from the higher-than-average volume of whimages I was subjected to, not to mention the fact that Team Rocket's Meowth is just plain awesome. Either way, Trubbish is still a higher priority than Meowth, so yeah. Thanks. I needed this.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #43
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Guys, can we please keep general topics to the TO? =/ That's what the thread is for. This was just made to keep advertising out of the main chat. Not overtake it.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #44
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Guys, can we please keep general topics to the TO? =/ That's what the thread is for. This was just made to keep advertising out of the main chat. Not overtake it.
I can see the discouragement of bolded questions for the TO that aren't related to trading and whatnot... but if a trade-related conversation veers off in another direction, I sincerely hope that policing wouldn't happen. We are in the TO, after all, which encourages us to "go random to our heart's content".

Last edited by Marion Ette; 10-04-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #45
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

The Horsea in the opening post can be removed.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #46
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
The Horsea in the opening post can be removed.
Horsea got a home, that's great! ^-^ *wild applause and official removing from the list*
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #47
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Yeeeeaaaahhh, about that.... Hum, it's actually for a shard quest. Which means it's abandoned afterwards. :P
Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #48
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

*applause becomes slowly more awkward*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #49
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
*applause becomes slowly more awkward*
This. So, so, SO MUCH this. u.u

(Note: I don't seriously hate Shard Quest -related drops to the AC. There's no other way to complete those quests. But if there's a way to avoid dropping a Mon to the AC for Other Reason (no slots etc.), I'd prefer if people tried that.)

Last edited by kaisap112; 10-04-2012 at 10:56 AM.
kaisap112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #50
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

The AC should really be a last resort. I'm guilty of having dropped a Pokemon in the AC before, but it wasn't through lack of trying to find it a home; proof that it wasn't really popular with anyone is that it's still waiting to be picked up. :/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out