UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 09-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Supernatural

Two brothers are on a mission: To hunt and kill demons. From the CW website:

Quote:
Twenty-six years ago, Sam Winchester (Jared Padalecki) and Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) lost their mother to a mysterious and demonic supernatural force. Subsequently, their father John (Jeffrey Dean Morgan, "Watchmen") raised them to be soldiers. He taught them about the paranormal evil that lives in the dark corners and on the back roads of America...and he taught them how to kill it.
The Winchester brothers travel the country in their '67 Chevy Impala, doing battle against mysterious beings and urban legends such as ghosts, demons, and monsters... And eventually against their own destiny, angels, the apocalypse, and God.

Does anyone watch this show? New season starts this Friday.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
Trepie
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Trepie Send a message via MSN to Trepie
I watched it until the end of the 5th season, AKA the Big Lucifer, Micheal showdown. Really for me the series ended there and I just didn't see a need to watch anything after that, and from what I've read I didn't miss much in season 6.

Still it was a quality show for a time.
Trepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepie View Post
I watched it until the end of the 5th season, AKA the Big Lucifer, Micheal showdown. Really for me the series ended there and I just didn't see a need to watch anything after that, and from what I've read I didn't miss much in season 6.

Still it was a quality show for a time.
I only started acually getting into the show during season 3. I agree the end of the 5th season would've worked well as a series finale, but I'm happy to continue the story and see where it goes (especially with the new major development at the end of season 6). My favorite character is Castiel, so I enjoy the current focus on him even if it feels like the writers are stretching at this point.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:36 PM   #4
Roglef
Thunder Badge

I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE IS A THREAD FOR THIS. LOVEEE THIS SHOW! Anyways. Epic season 6 end and season 7 beginning in my opinion.

Roglef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE ELSE REPLIED. SOMEONE WHO ALSO LOVES THIS SHOW! 8D

Spoiler for season 7:

Spoiler: show
What do you think of Cas's new role? I don't think turning him into a villain is as series-ruining a move as some fans make it out to be, though I personally would've liked to see more God!Cas. We'll see how Levi!Cas turns out though.

Looking forward to tomorrow night's episode, if I can catch it.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #6
Roglef
Thunder Badge

I think it should be interesting. Though, it seems that Levi Cas died, and not its just the Leviathans playing a greater demon role. It is very interesting, as well as with what is going on in Sam's head. They could easily pull an "Oh, I messed up the last season of the show (though I believe they didn't)" and make all of what happened with Cas and the Purgatory thing not have actually happened if Sam actually is still in hell and it is still part of his imagination.

Hopefully, that is not the case, however, and Lucifer is just still inside of Sam, which would be cool too.

Anyways. Yeah. It should get good.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roglef View Post
I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE IS A THREAD FOR THIS. LOVEEE THIS SHOW! Anyways. Epic season 6 end and season 7 beginning in my opinion.
My thoughts exactly. This show is great. I like how season 7's turning out so far.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Welcome to UPN, MM. ^.^ Glad to have another SPN fan around.

Thoughts on recent episodes:

Disappointed that Cas appears to have died, though I'm fairly certain they'll bring him back. His character's too popular to simply write off like that. Plus they never found his body.

I'm a little skeptical that the writers are starting to run out of creativity given how they rehashed the whole "Sam empathizes with monsters because he thinks he is one" concept in "Girl Next Door". At least they seem to be making it into a significant plotline, racking Dean with guilt over his betrayal. Although last week's episode, while entertaining, seemed a bit hypocritical since Dean just let the witch couple go. Confusing, to say the least.

Sam's hell hallucinations seem to have all but disappeared, but they're probably not over yet. I hear Lucifer himself might make a return in the final episode, but it might just be a rumor.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #9
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post
Welcome to UPN, MM. ^.^ Glad to have another SPN fan around.[/SPOILER]
Thanks. Technically, I've been a UPN member for nearly three years now. Made the account because I was planning on making use of some of the Fizzy Bubbles shops that are exclusive to UPN. Never got around to it, though, so I guess I could still be considered new here. But I digress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post

Thoughts on recent episodes:

Disappointed that Cas appears to have died, though I'm fairly certain they'll bring him back. His character's too popular to simply write off like that. Plus they never found his body.

I'm a little skeptical that the writers are starting to run out of creativity given how they rehashed the whole "Sam empathizes with monsters because he thinks he is one" concept in "Girl Next Door". At least they seem to be making it into a significant plotline, racking Dean with guilt over his betrayal. Although last week's episode, while entertaining, seemed a bit hypocritical since Dean just let the witch couple go. Confusing, to say the least.

Sam's hell hallucinations seem to have all but disappeared, but they're probably not over yet. I hear Lucifer himself might make a return in the final episode, but it might just be a rumor.
I'm also a little upset over Cas dying. But I agree with you, I'm pretty sure they'll bring him back.

I did like last week's episode. I found myself laughing when Sam and Dean had to be marriage counselors for a centuries-old couple of witches.

Lucifer himself returning at the end of the season? Not sure what to make of that. Of course, it's just a rumor, so yeah. But if Lucifer himself does return, unless the episode takes place in the cage, then it's more or less the apocalypse all over again.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:39 AM   #10
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
I've watched series 1-5 some time ago, recently started rewatching. I'd heard that series 6 was terribad so I've not bothered with it. Besides, the overarching storyline ran its course nicely in five seasons.

S'like how Stargate stopped being awesome when the Ori showed up.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #11
Roglef
Thunder Badge

Personally, season 6 wasn't bad. 1-5 is better, but towards the end 6 gets extremely interesting. I'm not the biggest fan of 7, but its not too bad.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #12
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

You know it's a good show when you can watch four episodes on the trot because after watching each you looked at what was next and thought "hey, I really like that episode! Just one more".
Old 10-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #13
Roglef
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
You know it's a good show when you can watch four episodes on the trot because after watching each you looked at what was next and thought "hey, I really like that episode! Just one more".
This.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #14
Roglef
Thunder Badge

Can somebody please explain what happens in the last episode after

Crowley shows up and starts talking to them? He started talking about the Leviathan and then the episode cut out on the CW site.

Can someone tell me what happens after where it cut out?

Old 11-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #15
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roglef View Post
Can somebody please explain what happens in the last episode after

Crowley shows up and starts talking to them? He started talking about the Leviathan and then the episode cut out on the CW site.

Can someone tell me what happens after where it cut out?
From what I recall, Crowley basically offered to take the crossroads demon off their hands and deal with him personally to preserve the "integrity" of their deals, which the boys agreed to.

Afterwards, Sam and the fangirl chick get their marriage annulled. Sam makes a half-assed attempt at telling her that she'll find the "right guy", and she and the newbie share a look. Newbie leaves, Sam and Dean make fun of him. Ends with Sam apologizing to Dean for the things he said while under the love potion's influence, and reassuringly states that he does need his big brother watching his back.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #16
Roglef
Thunder Badge

Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #17
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

By the way, in case you missed it, the important take-away from the Leviathan topic was that...

Crowley hates their guts and supports the boys taking them down. He's actually been keeping the demons on a leash so that Sam and Dean can focus on finding a way to kill the Leviathans, which is why they haven't encountered many demons recently.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #18
Roglef
Thunder Badge

Ah. Yeah, I got that part. I was just wondering if there was anything else he said about them. Thank you

Old 01-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #19
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Thread necromancy go!

I have only seen up to the Season 5 finale, and a bit of season 6 (maybe a third to half). It kinda feels like they jumped the shark with S6, though.

But yes, I like supernatural quite a bit
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #20
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

PUPPYDOG EYES GUYS

PUPPYDOG EYES

LOOK AT THEM

LOOOOOK AT THEM

<3333333

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #21
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Didn't know you were into the show, Jer. =O Though, you're sure that's the right image? ^^; 'Cuz it looks kinda creepy.

Yay more peoples watching~
Old 01-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #22
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

So out of interest - favouite episodes? (Spoiler please, as Jeri is only partway through season 1). For me, it has to be the second season finale:

Other episodes had great things going for them - all the Trickster/Gabriel's episodes are awesome, the wishing well is by far the funniest, the season five finale is more heart-rending (Chucks voiceover is one of the best decisions they made in the shows entire run) but the season two finale just brings everything together. After their complete failure to kill yellow eyes at the end of season 1, and Sams death at the end of the part one (and bringing him back don't come cheap!), the whole affair was very tense and perfectly paced - but the moment that made it for me is when Dean finally gets to kill that yellow-eyed son of a bitch and tells him "That's for our mom." Nowhere else has the show made me go "Fuck Yeah!" as much as that moment.

As stated above, other favourites include the wishing well episode (suicidal teddy bear xD), the episode where the Trickster kills Dean over and over again, and the season 5 finale.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #23
Roglef
Thunder Badge

I'm a big 4 horseman fan, so the four ring episodes were pretty cool. Particularly famine.

Gabe episodes were always awesome as well. I enjoyed the 4th wall break in season 6(?)

All very good. :-)

Old 01-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #24
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Favorite episode would be "Mystery Spot". It was the one that officially hooked me on the series. Made me laugh so hard through the whole thing, and then that *WHAM* emotional ending... Just great entertainment and storytelling.

Still haven't gone back and watched what I missed from seasons 1 and 2. Should do that sometime.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #25
Roglef
Thunder Badge

Best scene of season 5

Just sayin'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment