UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 04:50 PM   #1
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Chansey SPRINGTIME EVENT: The Alolan Egg Hunt!

Certainly, we have heard tales of the Easter Buneary over the years, and her hampers of chocolate treats; every year, she dutifully delivers goodies to trainers across the nation. This year, however, she has decided to take a break in light of the particularly chaotic climate, and allow for a foreign visitor to take up the Easter mantle.

In tropical, far-distant lands, legends tell of an entirely different kind of Springtime visitor. Differentiated from others of its species only by the conspicuous rabbit ears taped to its head, children are both delighted and repulsed by the festive vomiting of the innards performed by everyone's favorite Easter Bunny of the Sea – the Springtime Pyukumuku!

Spoiler: show

(Fanart by Tyoyo <3)

In fact, there are rumors that the Springtime Pyukumuku has left its favorite spot on Hano Beach to swim across rivers and oceans in order to bring the babies of its homeland straight to our doorstep in the form of Alolan Eggs. How does the Pyukumuku carry these eggs? How does it hide them? Some questions are better left unanswered, my friends. This is the wisdom of the Springtime Pyukumuku.

Follow the trail of natural moisturizer and soggy Springtime cheer, and you're sure to find something special at the Alolan Egg Hunt!

Trainers, our search will take place in the temporary area known as Springtide Isle, whose areas are described below. If the egg you find does not suit you, you may search again, in the same area or by traveling into a different one, but you will have to place your previous egg back in its hiding spot. Remember - you will be able to search a maximum of three times, and you will only be able to take one egg home with you. The eggs have already been carefully tended and nurtured by the Springtime Pyukumuku, so hatching will occur as soon as a confirmation is made. Make your choices carefully, and be sure to have fun!

SPRINGTIDE ISLE

Beachfront – Whether buried in the sand, plunged into the ocean or hidden under a stray beach umbrella, the Springtime Pyukumuku's preferred landscape is a wonderful place to hide the eggs of Pokemon who feel at home in this idyllic environment of salt-sea breezes and warm sunshine. Please reply in mediumaquamarine.

The Rocky Coast – Farther down the coast, the rocky terrain forms magnificent structures and caverns for hiding all manner of things. The eggs hidden here can be mistaken for small boulders. Please reply in lightslategray.

Harborside Market – A bustling gathering of shops and merchant stands of all kinds. Food vendors, souvenir shops... The shopkeepers will happily let you go through their merchandise to search for eggs, but no stealing items, lest you incur the wrath of the Springtime Pyukumuku... and the police. Please reply in pink.

Springtide Nature Trails – This winding path through nature takes travelers away from the beach and on a lovely walk along the cliffside, with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The environment here is greener, though egg hunters would be wise to keep their eyes open for places off the beaten path... Please reply in lawngreen.

Shrine to the Sun and Moon – A pair of magnificent shrines dedicated to the cosmic duo. Search for hidden eggs with reverence, and the eggs may reveal themselves to you. Please reply in yellow.

Abandoned Beach House – Why would anyone abandon such a lovely home, with such a perfect view of the waterfront? Given the unsettling aura surrounding this eerily quiet abode, perhaps the answer to that question is better left unknown... Even so, the door has been left wide open. Please reply in mediumpurple.

Volcano Path – A rough and winding path up the slope of a volcano. Dried weeds of grass, boulders of igneous rock and belches of volcanic smog block your view. You'd have to keep your eyes peeled if you plan to find an egg here. Please reply in orangered.

Ice Caverns – The c-c-c-colde-est p-p-pplace here. We don't know why the Springtime Pyukumuku hid its eggs here, but be careful around those corners. Patches of ice may surprise you and the last thing you'd want to is to fall and crack an egg. Please reply in paleturquoise.

Berry Tree Canopy – High up in the forest, the trees branches and vines entangle to shape a highrise structure. If one somehow managed to climb up here they'd be faced with tree hollows and berries galore, each with its distinct fragrance. Please reply in deeppink.

Flowerbed Gardens – Deep in the forest lies a remote sanctuary in the form of a grove. Flowers in a vast array of colours block your sight of the soft earth. Be careful where you step as eggs may be hidden in between these flower beds. Please reply in orchid.

Seaside Waterfalls – Further down the coast lie the cascading, freshwater rapids. The plunge of the whitewater eroded the cliffside over time, allowing for shallow pools of water to be hollowed out along the coastline. A bit further upstream one would find the overgrown thicket that flourishes alongside the nutrient-rich banks of the river. Please reply in deepskyblue.

Last edited by Marion Ette; 05-06-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:47 PM   #2
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Berry Tree Canopy

Tate wasn't very coordinated, which made the climb up into the canopy a slow and arduous one. The search for eggs, meanwhile, only further complicated the process, while Kai's considerate weight -- balanced on her trainer's backpack and occasionally secured by claws -- only added that extra little bit of struggle to the experience. Nonetheless, Tate was enthusiastic, despite the twigs and leaves tangled in brown hair and the scuffs and scraps on pale, marginally sunburnt skin. This was so fun!

"What do you think we'll find?" Tate asked Kai. Kai did not acknowledge, doing her best to nap without sliding off her perch; at best, she achieved a light doze. Tate just kept rambling. "I hope we see some birds up here! Oh, but then how will we know which eggs are part of the hunt, and which ones aren't?"

Kai yawned. Tate reached for another branch. With every step ascended, the trainer could imagine an Egg just over the horizon. What, the bird keeper wondered, would they find?

Old 05-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #3
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Spoiler: show

(Fanart by Tyoyo <3)

SPRINGTIDE ISLE

The Rocky Coast – Farther down the coast, the rocky terrain forms magnificent structures and caverns for hiding all manner of things. The eggs hidden here can be mistaken for small boulders. Please reply in lightslategray.
"Let's go to the beach-each, let's go get away. They say what they're gonna say~"
Michael swaggered down the boardwalk of the Springtide Isle Beachfront, singing aloud to the music blasting in his earphones. Today was gonna be a good day, he could feel it. An event solely for finding new species of pokémon egg, AND a free trip to the beach at the same time? This was basically music to the breeder's ears! He walked along, eyes closed, fully immersed in the music as he danced his way down the street...
...only to find out he had walked to the complete other end of the beach, where the Rocky Coasts loomed.
"...Oops." He said to himself. Oh well, he was here now, and a part of him felt like this was where he was meant to be. Call it a gut feeling.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:06 PM   #4
Connor
Flashbacker

The Ice Caverns

Slowly but surely edging his way forwards, Sweeney made his way into the frozen grips of the Ice Caverns. There was talk on the island of some sort of special event going on, and while he was somewhat uninterested, he figured he may as well take a punt. The bounty might not end up worth it, but hopefully the adventure was. Gingerly he lowered his way into the cavern, the chill really beginning to bite into his bones as he took a look around his surroundings. It was obvious that there were a number of places that eggs could be hidden within here - behind a boulder, nestled within a crevasse, maybe even left perching at the top of a frozen waterfall. Most likely the latter, given his luck. Still, there was no "also ran" prize here, so he may as well settle down to business.

Reaching inside the inside pocket of his waistcoat, Sweeney pulls free two Poke Balls, and prays to the gods that the pair would manage to get along for this brief moment. Opening the two orbs, he greets Sophie and Marco with a small nod, the two immediately shooting one another rather unsavory glances. The slumped shoulders of Sweeney were enough to display his resignation to the situation, and with a shrug the bartender nodded at Sophie. A brief moment later and orders were relayed to Marco, the two Pokemon turning and heading in different directions to begin looking for an egg. Nodding, Sweeney takes a step forwards ...

And the world is tipped upside down. With a sickening thud, the man slams into the ground, his helmet cracking against the hardened floor and leaving yet another small nick on the luminescent surface. Sweeney notes with irritation the stifled chuckles of both his Pokemon, but by the time he had sat up with the intention of busying himself with searching for an egg within a nearby cluster of boulders, both of his Pokemon had decided to turn their attention to their respective hunting spots.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:20 PM   #5
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Trainers, our search will take place in the temporary area known as Springtide Isle, whose areas are described below. If the egg you find does not suit you, you may search again, in the same area or by traveling into a different one, but you will have to place your previous egg back in its hiding spot. Remember - you will be able to search a maximum of three times, and you will only be able to take one egg home with you. The eggs have already been carefully tended and nurtured by the Springtime Pyukumuku, so hatching will occur as soon as a confirmation is made. Make your choices carefully, and be sure to have fun!

SPRINGTIDE ISLE

Beachfront – Whether buried in the sand, plunged into the ocean or hidden under a stray beach umbrella, the Springtime Pyukumuku's preferred landscape is a wonderful place to hide the eggs of Pokemon who feel at home in this idyllic environment of salt-sea breezes and warm sunshine. Please reply in mediumaquamarine.
Things were looking bright in the Fizzytopia region, both politically and meteorologically. Though things were still fairly chaotic all around- most, if not all shops were still closed, and the few that weren't were very restrictive in the services they were able to provide at the present time- the new leaders of the region were still getting stuff done, and at a better rate and to higher overall satisfaction than the Elite Four of old. And to top it all off... it was just a bright, sunny, beautiful day. The kind of day that puts a smile on any Sunflora's face, can get any Cherrim to open its petals wide, and puts a pronounced scowl on the pallid face of any vampire.

Indeed, basking in the wonder that was the present climate was Keith Masters, a 26-year-old Pokémon Trainer. Currently he stood at the helm of a large and impressive boat- the size and the wooden construction would make her easily mistakable for an old-time sailing ship, were it not for her complete lack of masts and sails. Instead, the Banette's Revenge sported a motor on her stern, beneath the blood-red lettering what spelled out her name.

A Dusknoir approached the helm. "Keith-" he began.

"Peeves," Keith interrupted, though with a grin. "When we're aboard the Revenge, I think you know what to call me by now."

Peeves rolled his eye, though gave a small, amused chuckle all the same. "...Right," he said. "We're coming up on Springtide Isle, Captain Masters," he reported.

Keith nodded, spotting the landmass coming up in the distance. "That we are, Peeves," he agreed. "All right!" he declared. "Peeves, make ready to let go the anchor!" he said.

"You got i- I mean, aye, captain," Peeves responded before floating off to do just that.

"So, wat's dis all about again?" Meowth asked Keith as he turned the wheel ever so carefully, so as to be able to pull up beside the nearest dock.

"We're going on an Egg hunt," Keith grinned. "Allegedly the Springtime Pyukumuku, whatever that is, hid a bunch of Eggs on this island. The new Elite Four-"

"Why do we keep callin' dem the Elite Four if deres' only three o' dem?" Meowth interrupted.

Keith shrugged. "Elite Three doesn't have that same ring to it," he replied. "But yeah- the new Elite Four's permitting each Trainer to pick just one Egg from this island to claim for their own. Apparently they're from the Alola region," he grinned. "So yeah- we could be in for a brand new friend, Meowth."

"I can dig dat," Meowth nodded. As they conversed, Peeves had let out the anchor, and was now tying the ship off, securing her to the dock. "Hey, looks like we's all set," he added.

"Right," Keith nodded. Once he'd disembarked his ship, he turned to his Dusknoir. "Alright, Peeves, I leave it to you to guard the ship," he added. "You got this?"

"Aye aye," Peeves nodded.

Keith nodded back. "Excellent," he stated. "We'll be back soon, hopefully with a new friend." With that said, and Meowth seated on his shoulder as per usual, Keith headed off towards the nearby beachfront. He knew not what he'd find, but he was feeling pretty optimistic about this whole thing.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:29 PM   #6
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
SPRINGTIDE ISLE

Shrine to the Sun and Moon – A pair of magnificent shrines dedicated to the cosmic duo. Search for hidden eggs with reverence, and the eggs may reveal themselves to you. Please reply in yellow.
"The Springtime Pyukumuku, huh? Sounds...interesting, I guess." Heather remarked as she and Grace came to a pair of weathered shrines-the Shrine to the Sun and Moon. The two were clearly marked-one paid homage to the mighty Solgaleo, lion of the sun, while the other paid homage to Lunala, the graceful deity of the moon. Each shrine depicted its patron in turn. "Though these Pokemon sure look intimidating..." the Trainer remarked.

"I don't think we'll find any Electric types here, Heather..." the Emolga on her shoulder insisted.

"Well, no other place else seemed conducive to them either, so this is about as good a shot as any." Heather retorted as she began her search. "Though this is a rather open area...where am I even going to find one of these things!?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park

Last edited by Heather; 05-06-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:41 PM   #7
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Flowerbed Gardens – Deep in the forest lies a remote sanctuary in the form of a grove. Flowers in a vast array of colours block your sight of the soft earth. Be careful where you step as eggs may be hidden in between these flower beds. Please reply in orchid.
A sea of the flowers covered the grove, forming a beautiful rainbow for all the see. Austin heard that this was one of the places that the Springtime Pyukumuku hid its eggs, and wanted to investigate. He still wasn't really a people person, and he wanted a nice, calming place to go to. Taking out a Pokeball, he tossed it up into the air. A small white light emerged, and soon took the form of an Eevee. The Eevee gave a polite nod to his trainer, before taking a sniff at a nearby flower.

"Forrest, there are eggs here. I know you love flowers, so I know you wouldn't harm them. If you find any suspicious spots, could you please Dig for me?" Austin asked the Eevee politely. Forrest made a small sound in agreement, before heading off into the flower field.

Austin sat down, not wanting to destroy the field. He could get a bit frantic when searching for things, so he was glad he brought Forrest along. Picking a daisy, the teen smelled the flower and started to wait for the Eevee's results.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-06-2017, 06:41 PM   #8
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Berry Tree Canopy – High up in the forest, the trees branches and vines entangle to shape a highrise structure. If one somehow managed to climb up here they'd be faced with tree hollows and berries galore, each with its distinct fragrance. Please reply in deeppink.
When looking to reinvent yourself, it is vital that you find as much as you can to distant yourself from the old you. As far as Melody could tell, a perfume was one good way to do that. And the Berry Tree Canopy was meant to have berries with their own distinct fragrance. It was the perfect place to try and find that perfect scent to make herself perfect once again.

"This is gonna be sooooo worth it~" Melody sung in irritation, her hair getting caught in a branch once again. "I'm gonna get that scent and then I'm going to be famous again~"

She swore very loudly in a singsong tone, one of her nails breaking away. She was just going to have to fight through the pain, the beauty wrecking pain. Melody had one goal in mind, and by god she was going to get her goddamn perfume.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:49 PM   #9
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Shrine to the Sun and Moon

"No Chris, these eggs are not for dinner." The annoyed Seviper visibly puffs her cheeks as she goes into a hissy fit. She would not be denied! Her trainer in contrast kept himself relatively cool and calm as he turned a deaf ear to his starter's protest. He had heard the rumors of the Springtime Pyukumuku hiding eggs all over Springtide Isle, and instinct led him all the way to the island's mythical shrine. Should luck favor him, he would find an invaluable new partner to join in his endeavors; otherwise, he would at least cross out visiting such a landmark off his wishlist. There's always something positive to gain even in failure.

Climbing the steps, he finally turned to face his trusted companion, with a comforting grin plastered on his face. "Come on now, you're the best egg hunter I know, and I need you here. You know I always make it up to you. When haven't I? So, ready to work? Let's go!"

::FB::WF::
Old 05-06-2017, 07:40 PM   #10
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
SPRINGTIDE ISLE

Springtide Nature Trails – This winding path through nature takes travelers away from the beach and on a lovely walk along the cliffside, with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The environment here is greener, though egg hunters would be wise to keep their eyes open for places off the beaten path... Please reply in lawngreen.
It was rather unfortunate, really. With all the chaos surrounding the region, the Easter Buneary had decidedly called it quits and left the job to some Pyukumuku thing to give the people of Fizzytopia an event to remember. Thankfully, with a plethora of eggs available, Alex was looking forward to things. Of course, seaching for eggs required a special kind of help, which was where the two pokemon with him would excel. One of them, the Aipom, was bounding ahead through the grassland cliffs, acrobatically enjoying the scenery, while the other gently plodded, bone slung over shoulder. Even though it had been a while since evolving, Isaac was still not completely used to his new typing, and the ghostly Marowak was more along the lines of stretching the legs.

Alex had told the pair to keep their eyes peeled for any eggs the Pyukumuku may have left here and there, and to let him know ahead of time, as he hoped to find something of value within the nature trail.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:48 PM   #11
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
Seaside Waterfalls

"Ahh," the young man exhaled, tilting his eyes upward to glance at the avian partner perched on his head. "The invigorating smell of the water, huh, Niles? My grandfather used to swear by it, said it was good for the soul." The trainer clenched his fist and held it close to his chest, half-smiling through the warm embrace of a memory from long ago. The Rowlet, meanwhile, seemed relatively unimpressed but cooed demurely as if to ensure DB that he was listening. "That's right, buddy. Take it in! But don't get too distracted - we both have to remember why we're here."

"Row," the owl said curtly before making a brief panoramic survey of the area. Tidewater country, a murky mix of silt and sand encircled the pair, with small glassy tidepools pockmarking the horizon. A gentle breeze blew in from behind them, bringing with it the salty odor of the sea. Niles tensed, spotting some movement in thicket a small distance from their current location. "Row," he pronounced, lighting clenching his talons and raising a wing in the direction of the thicket.

DB, on the other hand, moved closer to one of the tidepools, eagerly exploring its depths. "You keep your eyes over there, pal. I'm going to investigate by the water a little while longer."
Old 05-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #12
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:
The Springtime Pyukumuku was a foreign concept for Schala, and the descriptions and single picture she had seen were...unique to say the least, but a good old fashion egg hunt brought back memories of her childhood. It wasn't quite the same, of course. In her childhood, the hunt had spanned her house instead of an entire island, and instead of actual Pokemon eggs, she had been hunting for brightly colored plastic ones filled with candy and trinkets, but seeing the announcement of the event had made her feel nostalgic.

Overwhelmed with the choices of places to go, Schala wanders the island, Aegis, her Furfrou, a constant presence by her side. Aegis was alert, but despite explaining the purpose of the event, Schala wasn't sure if she was on the lookout for eggs or for danger. Probably the latter, given how seriously she took her ancestors' role as Guardians.

The pair eventually finds themselves on the part of the island referred to as the Rocky Cost, and deciding that wandering aimlessly in hopes of stumbling across an egg wasn't going to work, Schala turns to Aegis.

"How about we search around here more thoroughly for a bit?" Aegis pauses in her constant scan of the surroundings long enough to nod an affirmative.

Schala buries her hand into Aegis' fur to help her keep balance, and the pair carefully pick their way across the rocky terrain.

"Just keep an eye out for eggs, and watch where you step." The thought of stepping on an egg by accident fills Schala with trepidation, so she focuses her attention on the area around her feet, confident that Aegis will alert her if anything happens around them.

(Profile)
Old 05-06-2017, 11:13 PM   #13
Toyo
hail

Quote:
The flowers filling the field before Jade were some of the brightest and most varied she had ever seen in her odd journey. Mind, more than enough of that time had been spent in the chaos of Bedlam Ridge, but even back home, the forests and gardens there were some of the most well stocked and beautiful flora her parents could tout as a status symbol. But as it turns out, letting nature bloom naturally could produce its own beauty. Another addition to the list of things that the Grovehearth's should have known. Petty family disputes aside (as much as she can push them out of her head), this was a welcome distraction - and, of course, opportunity to practice. She took a seat on the ground, trying as hard as she could to not disturb the flowers below, pulled out her sketchbook, and tried to draw some of the more interesting individuals in front of her.

Maxwell, however, was less willing to pursue his trainer's artistic talents. Any number of eggs could be hiding among those flowers, and the Springtime Pyukumuku had visited them personally to let them know that eggs are out there! While the strange Pokemon cannot be understood in its methods, Max appreciated the thoughtfulness of the spiky Pokemon. He shot up from his seat next to Jade and started digging through her bag, looking for her Pokeballs. He found the one he was looking for, decorated with a smiling face, and tapped the button, freeing Orville the Rotom. The two shot into the air, Max kicking up his twin tails and propelling himself upwards. He chattered out a message to Orville, who was jolting around him in circles. The Rotom stood still for a second and nodded. "Rot! Understood! Find egg, scream because I don't have hands so you can come grab it!" Rotom said before speedily heading off in the same direction as Jade was facing. Max shrugged, believing he had done his best to bring Orville back to Earth for at least a little bit, and went back to the ground. The sea weasel dashed about the field in the opposite direction, hunting for these fabled eggs.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:49 AM   #14
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Abandoned Beach House – Why would anyone abandon such a lovely home, with such a perfect view of the waterfront? Given the unsettling aura surrounding this eerily quiet abode, perhaps the answer to that question is better left unknown... Even so, the door has been left wide open. Please reply in mediumpurple.
Elka looked around, she wanted somewhere where no one would look at her with pity. She wanted to be out of eyeshot and certainly out of earshot. She hated seeing the pitiful looks people passed her way as she limped around on her crutches, almost as if somehow they could change this fate that had been placed upon her. She was fine with it, she had even gotten a companion out of the whole ordeal. Little Pascal. Although she hadn't known the small Eevee for long, she certainly already felt attached to the small creature. His purple harness rested nicely upon his small shoulders, Elka always had the other end tied to one of her crutches. He was a service Pokemon after all, but Elka planned to do more with him.

No... she planned to do far greater things with herself and Pascal. Maybe they could become world class trainers one day, taking on the Fizzytopian League or just befriending every Pokemon they could. Elka admired the thought.

She was quickly roused from her imagination by a small house resting atop a hill she was quite close to. She glanced at it, leaning on her crutches for support. She gently pulled on Pascal's harness in the hopes of making him walk in that direction, she gestured towards it and the small Eevee hopped happily; guiding his trainer who strained herself slightly from going up the hill.

They had arrived at the house in little time, but... there was something odd about it. It was certainly abandoned, but the door had been left ajar. The young trainer also swore she could hear some sort of voice beckoning her closer.

"Do you think there will be any eggs in here, Pascal?" She asked her small companion, who looked somewhat timid at the thought of setting foot in such a place. "Don't be like that, come on." Said Elka, limping inside the building and dragging her poor companion along with her.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:10 AM   #15
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Flowerbed Gardens
After much thought and re-reading her wishlist Kawaii had finally decided that the Flowerbed Gardens were the place to go. Sure, she would have loved to have a Rockruff, Litten or Alolan Vulpix, but her grass-type wants heavily outwieghed everything else. Plus, If she didn't find one of the eggs she seeked she could always travel to one of the other Islands. As far as pokemon to take with her, the pink-haired trainer decided on two small pokemon. The smaller the pokemon the easier they could see eggs, she reasoned.
Of course, she never went anywhere without her starter, her Espeon, Frieghya.
Kawaii also brought along a Seedot with eerie black eyes named Tengu. Lastly she brought a Sewaddle, who needed to eat more often than others, named Kigga.
As the four of them carefull explored the flowers Frieghya's tail stood up and she bounded over a hill Kawaii! I sense a presence over this way.
The female trainer grinned and ushered along the other two as she followed her phsycic type friend. She hoped it was something that she could care for and love for a long time.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga

Last edited by kawaiiconcept; 05-07-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:58 AM   #16
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Quote:
The Springtime Pyukumuku was something that Chiko had heard of, however that's as far as it went when it came to hearing about it. Was it really some kind of mythical Pokemon or was it an old wives tale? Either way, things did seem quite different as of late around here. Whether it be the general atmosphere or the fact he was standing in front of an abandoned - or seemingly abandoned - beach house, both things were rather strange but they were most definitely changes. Suddenly, Chiko felt something snap the air right in front of him, bringing him back down to earth and away from being utterly distracted. His Mawile, Nico, was always one for focusing on tasks at hand... Something Chiko usually wasn't the best at with how distracted he could get.

"Sorry about that, haha..." Chiko felt a sudden chill shoot directly down his spine like a bolt of lightning as he looked into the abandoned beach house in front of him... Something really was off about this place, at least in his mind. "Well, if the rumours about the Springtime Pyukumuku are indeed true then we should find an egg in here."

"If we don't hurry up about this, we might be beaten to receiving an egg, sir." Nico was obviously impatient for adventure and for good reason to considering the fact that Chiko had been standing outside of the place for well over an hour.

"Well, according to the Elite "Four", which are really three, there's enough eggs in each area for everyone on the island to have an egg... Granted, we can only have a single egg from each area but what can you do? Rules are in place for a reason, and I suspect this is population control."

"You may be right sir, anyway, let's head in" Impatience kept showing within the young Mawile who's bite was much worse than her bark.

"Well then, we've no time to waste... Let the egg hunt, start?" Chiko and his partner mon headed into the creepily decrepit building, hoping to stumble across an elusive egg.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:14 AM   #17
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
SPRINGTIDE ISLE

Melissa had quietly followed the administration handover and following overhaul on every network she could, occasionally wondering whether she should stay long enough to see what the new system would look like once it was all finished. There were so many changes, she wasn't sure if it wouldn't be a better idea to head home for a while and wait everything out before continuing her adventures, but that always left the possibility that she wouldn't return and she wasn't sure that was actually what she wanted. Five years she'd spent here and, while everyone seemed to be celebrating, she wasn't entirely sure how she felt.

Still, she made sure to head over to the new Springtide Isle when she received notice of the place, the lure of Alolan eggs still enough to get her out of her base. There were a few she hoped to find, ones she'd picked out as she skimmed reports on the newest Pokémon, but only one that she could probably find on the nature trails.

"Quil? Quil quil?"

"It's either this, the Ice Caverns, or the Rocky Coast." Melissa shrugged her unoccupied shoulder, scanning their surroundings for eggs. "Although...I probably should go for an Ice or Rock-type, if only because we've got a good number of Grass-types already."

"Cyn da quil."

"True. And it's not like I planned to have a balanced team anyway."

A familiar Swablu lighted down on Melissa's other shoulder, twittering a cheerful hello. Melissa smiled as Wildfire returned the greeting from his usual perch on Melissa's right shoulder.

"Hey, Cirrus. Any luck spotting the eggs supposedly hidden around here?"

Cirrus shook his head, but chirped that they might just not be in the right area yet. It sounded like the new administration had hid plenty of eggs, after all.

"Well, hopefully, we'll find some soon. I'm curious to see whether they painted any and what they look like if they did."
Old 05-07-2017, 09:20 AM   #18
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Jeri had expected a little bit of hustle and bustle when coming to Springtide Isle for a quick little trip. It was unsurprising when the boat to the island was packed with travelers and tourists. The main market area being busy was also not shocking. But he was surprised (and perhaps a bit annoyed) when the crowds failed to thin much as he walked farther from the major population center on the island. Why were all these people here? He had walked all the way to what his map had suggested was a remote peaceful grove, but he couldn't seem to escape all the chaos.

He kept hearing something about the Springtime Puke-y Mukey? Something about how a cucumber hid a bunch of eggs everywhere. There was some kind of festival going on, he gathered. It seem that everyone was looking for eggs, so he figured - when in PokéRome, right?
Old 05-07-2017, 02:06 PM   #19
Patches
Shake it!

Quote:
Harborside Market – A bustling gathering of shops and merchant stands of all kinds. Food vendors, souvenir shops... The shopkeepers will happily let you go through their merchandise to search for eggs, but no stealing items, lest you incur the wrath of the Springtime Pyukumuku... and the police. Please reply in pink.
"Wow! Just wow!! There are so many people! Look at all of these shops, Mio!!" Patches exclaimed excitedly to the Pikachu on her shoulder. She had never seen so many different shops and people in one place before. She knew she needed to look at everything but it was so hard to pick just one place to start. After much deliberation she finally walked up to her first shop and began carefully moving the merchandise around with one goal in mind.

"Alright, so today is definitely the day of the egg hunt we heard about! So we need to focus and be- OH MY!! Is that an Alolan Raichu keychain!?! Oh how CUTE is that!! Is this what you're going to look like when you evolve Mio? Wait, are you even Alolan...? Um, Mio?" She realized her partner was no longer on her shoulder. Next thing she knew Mio was in front of her prying the keychain out of her hand. "Pika pika!!!" she was clearly a little aggravated and pointed at a flyer detailing the egg hunt event that was posted nearby.

"Oh, Right! We don't have time to window shop! We have an egg to find! ... Oh look Mio! That vendor is selling Rowlet shaped pastries! We just have to check it out!" Patches seemed to find herself distracted yet again. Mio just sighed and once again redirected her owners attention back to their objective, it was clear that this was going to be a long day indeed.

Old 05-07-2017, 02:51 PM   #20
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Arcanine

Harborside Market

ABL stretches. Her joints are stiff and there's a dull ache throughout her back, but hopefully that will subside once she's up and moving around some. Slowly and deliberately, the trainer looks around at the potential routes that lie before her. Other trainers already seem to be hurrying along this way and that; they all seem to be striding along with a greater sense of purpose than she currently feels. For her, it's like she's been asleep for a long time, and the drowsiness has yet to fade away. A tuft of pale fur brushes against the trainer's cheek and pulls her from her reverie. The familiarity of the sensation floods ABL's heart with warmth, and she leans into the body of her loyal Arcanine, reaching around the enormous canine to squeeze the Pokémon as best she can.

"Don't even know where my mind has been," ABL smiles. "I guess it doesn't matter."

The young woman steps forward, fully confident that Karma will be following attentively at her heels. She may not be certain of where she's heading just yet, but a snack seems like as good a goal as any, for now at least. Some tempting aromas are wafting towards the pair from what appears to be a marketplace with a festive atmosphere and the peckish trainer grows more and more curious. There's no shortage of vendors with colourful displays carefully arranged. Window shopping can be just as enjoyable even when there are no actual windows in place, and with that thought in mind, ABL makes her way over to the first stall along the walkway.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:41 PM   #21
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
SPRINGTIDE ISLE

Seaside Waterfalls – Further down the coast lie the cascading, freshwater rapids. The plunge of the whitewater eroded the cliffside over time, allowing for shallow pools of water to be hollowed out along the coastline. A bit further upstream one would find the overgrown thicket that flourishes alongside the nutrient-rich banks of the river. Please reply in deepskyblue.
As Amicae stepped onto the top of the stone outcropping, she couldn't help but gasp in awe. She had seen rivers and streams before, that much is a given when you spend much your time in the wild, but she never seen one so fast, so clear, so... beautiful. It was no wonder that a self-respecting water-type like Springtime Pyukumuku would choose a place like this to hide its eggs! As she scanned the river further downstream, another thought came bubbling up to the surface of her consciousness: hopefully it didn't try to hide some in the water! It would be quite the travesty if one wound plumetting down the waterfall, never to see the light of day... The trainer shook her head, clearing out the morbid thoughts. "Maybe Chroma's attitude is getting to me, after all..." she muttered under her breath.

The woobat hovering by her head gave a curious squeak. "Don't worry about it, Nadie," Ami answered. She knew her pokemon couldn't see the waters or the gorgeous rainbows that sprang forth from them, but he could feel the cool breeze and tell where everything was just fine. All the better, too- Nadie's echolocation might just help her find some eggs she would've missed otherwise!
Old 05-07-2017, 04:43 PM   #22
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
First Batch of Updates, GO!

I will be taking on more people if the need arises, so never worry! We want to make sure everyone gets their gift from the Springtime Pyukumuku!

Whimsy - Please reply in lightslategray!

While the distraction of your music meant that you walked to a place you had never really meant to go, that does not mean there are any less oppurtunities to be seen! The Springtime Pyukumuku is extremely through in its egg hiding, and there are plenty of eggs to be found on these rocky coasts as well! Of course, you'll have to take a look around for them. The Springtime Pyukumuku is also rather mischievous.

You navigate the terrain, arguably trecherous in places where the rocks have started to weather away from the constant pounding of the waves, until you see a small cavern a little ways above the water line. Feeling that this might be the correct place to go, you climb up to it, and enter the cavern, looking high and low for any evidence of an egg. Indeed you find one! It was hiding in a pile of boulders near the back of the cave. You almost missed the pale blue egg though, if it wasn't for the irregular blotches of something that seem firmly attached to it. It seems like bits of small rock, or maybe some kind of iron shavings are stuck to the egg. Maybe its magnetic? It's possible. The Pokemon of Alola are special after all.

What will you do, now that you have found the egg?

Heather - Please Reply in Yellow!

While the statues of the cosmic duo loom over you, almost judging you, the hunt for an Alolan egg is too strong in order to let yourself be intimidated! You'll probably want to be careful around here though, as even the Springtime Pyukumuku treats this area with care not to offend the reverant beings depicted.

At first, it doesn't seem like you're going to find any eggs hidden away here. The astute lack of hiding places means that the eggs are far more well hidden than usual, and the Springtime Pyukumuku is very good at this. However, with some dedicated searching, you end up finding an egg hidden away in an alcove next to the shrine of Solgaleo.

The egg is fairly nondescript; a plain white egg with a bright, orange star like marking in the middle. That doesn't seem to be a big clue at first, but the egg seems to be lovingly wrapped in a variety of leaves, obviously meant to keep it warm should it need to be. An act of wisdom, that is. However, it seems that the egg is now covered in a bit of slime...maybe the Springtime Pyukumuku isn't as careful as it likes to think.

Will you take the egg, intelligently wrapped in leaves?

Balmund - Please reply in Yellow!

Your Seviper seems a little bit more enthusiastic about finding the eggs than mere discovery, but you seem to be confident that she will be able to find an egg and bring it back to you. She slithers around the shrine, looking for an egg that has been buried anywhere. She sticks her tongue out to sniff the air, although she gets a weird mucous smell for some reason. She looks toward the source of the smell, but doesn't see anything. Slithering closer to the scene, she see something hidden in the shrine itself. An egg! She goes to pull it out to inspect it, but as she wraps her tail around the egg, she hisses in pain.

It seems that the egg is covered in a number of small, sharp spikes. Rather unusual for an egg, but maybe its to prevent predators like Chris from freely feasting on the egg. The egg otherwise is just a grey egg with a number of yellow and brown splotches on it, but Chris seems notably less apt to want to grab the egg again. She hisses over to you to tell you that she found something, before nursing her wounds. Thankfully, although sharp, the spines didn't really leave any serious wounds, and were more meant to deter rather than harm.

I think its time we checked out that egg, isn't it?

Schala - Please post in lightslategray!

After deciding that the best way to find an egg is to, well, actually look for one, you and your Furfrou begin to comb the coast, looking for an egg. You don't have to look long, as your Furfrou picks up an unusual scent, something like an icky mucous that's been smeared everywhere. You follow him as he goes down the coast, coming closer to the shoreline. You think you see a pair of store brand bunny ears in the distance, but its probably just a mirage from the ocean. You eventually make it to the water's edge, where you find something waiting for you, half buried in the sand.

The egg has some spikes on it, meaning you're careful as you dig it out of the sand, but a light blue egg with a purple top. Initially that doesn't give you much to go with, but you look around and see that this place is actually a nesting ground. It's not in use currently, but it seems to be that there is a little of sharp little coral spikes lying around everywhere, whether that's from the ocean, feeding, or the type of Pokemon who nests here is uncertain. But this egg seems to have been placed very deliberately. The Springtime Pyukumuku is wise.

What will you do, now that you have an egg?

Jeri - Please post in Orchid!

The crowds of people have been giving you issue ever since you came on the islands. While the Springtime Pyukumuku is a gentle soul, even its rather annoyed at the shear amount of chaos as the day progresses. It almost can't vomit out eggs fast enough! Almost is the key word, but an ounce of preparation is worth a pound of work. That is the wisdom of the Springtime Pyukumuku.

You find yourself in the flowerbed gardens, and its very easy to see why this is the case. Flowers are in boom everywhere, in a wide variety of colors and varieties. Even with the crowd of people looking for eggs, the smell of the flowers could manage to instill calm in even the wildest of beasts. Maybe that's why you don't see the egg before you trip over it. The egg doesn't seem that abnormal, and...that's all you can tell. No wait, it just moved. There also seem to be some small splotches of color on it: red, yellow, purple, and pink. Upon closer inspection, you can see the egg is actually moving rather rhythmically, almost as if its dancing...but the odd thing is, the rhythm seems to alternate. It's almost like it can't decide what it wants to dance too!

What will you do?

kawaiiconcept - Please reply in Orchid!

You and your three companions make sure to check every knook and cranny in the flowerbeds, which, even with four hands, is actually a rather difficult feat! There are so many places to hide an egg here that even the Springtime Pyukumuku would have a difficult time finding enough eggs to hide! But fortunately, that is not a worry for the Springtime Pyukumuku. He is environmentally conscious and never takes too many eggs away from any population. Especially the Electric-types. They hurt.

You almost miss the egg though simply because its so small, but thankfully, your Sewaddle manages to find it before you walk away from it. Nestled caringly in a patch of flowers is a small egg, pale yellow with two large white patches, and it seems that there are a number of flowers nearby ready to bloom. Maybe that was meant to be some kind of food for when the little youngling hatched? Who knows, but your Pokemon treat the little egg with care, making sure not to break it.

What will you do?

Medmana - Please reply in deepskyblue!

You fear that an egg or two might have been swept away by the water, but never fear! The Springtime Pyukumuku is wise, and would never put one its egg's in harm's way. Your Woobat takes to the sky to look around, sending out pulses of sound so she could use her senses to find an egg by listening to the echo. For a while, it seems like she is coming up empty too, but she finally finds one, squeaking to you to tell you to follow her. You do, and you cross a couple of shallow pools until you find one that is a bit deeper.

The egg gives you a little bit of pause, however, because its clearly under the water, and oddly shaped. It almost doesn't look like an egg at all, and in fact looks more like a ball of silk that was plunged under water. It hangs just below the water's surface, bobbing as you step inside the pool to look at it further. You wonder what the egg is made out of, as it has a consistency of silk at a further glance as well. But silk gets wet! The egg should have been soaked through, but isn't. And its only when you get closer do you find another clue; its actually trapped in an air bubble. Maybe the egg made it itself as the thing inside breathed, or maybe it was furnished that way by a caring mother?

What will you do?
Old 05-07-2017, 05:20 PM   #23
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:

SPRINGTIDE ISLE

Ice Caverns – The c-c-c-colde-est p-p-pplace here. We don't know why the Springtime Pyukumuku hid its eggs here, but be careful around those corners. Patches of ice may surprise you and the last thing you'd want to is to fall and crack an egg. Please reply in paleturquoise.
Springtide Isle. Other than a few small towns, the island was barely inhabited, but today would see a lot of visitors due to the announcement of an Egg Hunt featuring never-before-seen Pokemon. Of course, where Hyrem went, there might not be much action due to it being cold and everything. Also, it's one thing to dream about walking through a cave full of ice like he did with Carla, but it's a wholly different thing to actually experience it in real life! At least Ahri was right beside him in case he needed a source of warmth (because it doesn't get much warmer than the soft, fluffy body of a Ninetales), though she tried as much as possible to avoid stepping anywhere with lots of mud or slush. Snow and flat, thick patches of ice were fine, but anywhere that featured even a hint of yellow were something she would smell from a good distance and steer her trainer far away from. "But that might be where the eggs are!" he would complain, but she would have none of it. There was no arguing with Ahri the Ninetales when it came to matters of cleanliness, that much he knew, but he still hoped that all of Ahri's nudging and nipping would lead the two to an egg they could hatch and take home for themselves.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 05-07-2017, 05:38 PM   #24
Rotom310
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Spring was in the air. Birds twittered as they flew overhead, flowers bloomed across the land, and it was the perfect occasion to go out and enjoy nature...

...So naturally, Drew decided to do the opposite.

"Ooh, Pyukumuku hats!" the man in question chirped as he leafed through a display rack. "I'm really digging this themed merchandise."

If one were to look closely, one might have noticed the small cell phone floating beside him. Otherwise inconspicuous looking - bar the floating, of course - only a pale blue glow betrayed the Rotom hiding inside. "Yeah, I'm still calling BS on that thing," the plasma Pokémon spoke, voice soft and tinny from the small speakers. "I have literally just searched the Internet and have yet to find anything about this 'Springtime Pyukumuku'."

Drew rolled his eyes behind his sunglasses. "Oh come on, Rotom. Live a little! What's it matter if it's physically real or not? It's all in good fun and anything to keep spirits up isn't bad in my books. Especially with everything else going on," he added as an afterthought, waving his hand to encompass what he meant. And wasn't that the truth. Par for the course of his life, Drew hadn't even been in the region a week before all chaos broke out. The government collapsed, economy crashed, everything was closed - and that was some of the better cases. If Drew remembered right, he'd heard that the Bedlam area was still up in anarchy. Maybe I'll head up there next... he inwardly mused, before drawing his attention back to Rotom.

A pair of judgmental, blue eyes stared back from the touch screen.

Puzzled for a moment, Drew rewound the conversation and winced when the penny dropped. "Sorry, poor word choice."

The blue eyes rolled, and Drew knew he was forgiven. The man turned and continued through the market, confident the ghost would follow. "Anyway," he continued, "I'm definitely buying some stuff before we leave. Especially a pair of those ears! Can you just imagine a pair of those on like, Magnes? That'd be hilarious. I can already picture what Lil would..."

Rotom looked on, concerned, as the grin Drew sported morphed into a blank mask. Quick as a flash, though, it was gone and the smile was back. For once showing tact, if Rotom noticed the tenseness in Drew's shoulder's, he didn't mention it. "So," the plasma creature said, drawing out the sylable, "we just hunt eggs?"

Relief swept through Drew, and he took the out presented. "Yeah, find an egg, see if it hatches, and so on."

For a moment the two walked in companionable silence, only occasionally glancing at a booth, before Rotom pointed out the obvious. "Then why aren't we hunting eggs?"

Drew grinned again, this time more naturally, and pointed a finger up at the sky. "Easy, we've got eyes in the sky."

Rotom drew his gaze upward, failing to see anything out of the ordinary until a black blur caught his eye. Zooming in with the phone's camera, the form came into view: a small Murkrow, zipping from booth or tent top to the next and peering down into the wares.

"You put Corv on this?" Rotom asked incredulously. "You realize he's going to try to steal something right?"

Drew waved his hand dismissively. "Plausible deniability. If he does, we didn't make him and had no idea he'd try to steal the thing. Which isn't a lie, because we have no idea what - if anything - he'd try to steal. Also, I trust him."

"To not get caught maybe..." Rotom muttered. "Still," he continued more loudly, opening up a thermal camera app, "we should have a back-up plan for when that inevitably blows up in our faces."

Drew's grin was the definition of shit-eating. "And here I thought you thought this was stupid." Nevertheless, Drew followed the floating phone over to one of the booths to begin searching.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #25
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Balmund - Please reply in Yellow!

Your Seviper seems a little bit more enthusiastic about finding the eggs than mere discovery, but you seem to be confident that she will be able to find an egg and bring it back to you. She slithers around the shrine, looking for an egg that has been buried anywhere. She sticks her tongue out to sniff the air, although she gets a weird mucous smell for some reason. She looks toward the source of the smell, but doesn't see anything. Slithering closer to the scene, she see something hidden in the shrine itself. An egg! She goes to pull it out to inspect it, but as she wraps her tail around the egg, she hisses in pain.

It seems that the egg is covered in a number of small, sharp spikes. Rather unusual for an egg, but maybe its to prevent predators like Chris from freely feasting on the egg. The egg otherwise is just a grey egg with a number of yellow and brown splotches on it, but Chris seems notably less apt to want to grab the egg again. She hisses over to you to tell you that she found something, before nursing her wounds. Thankfully, although sharp, the spines didn't really leave any serious wounds, and were more meant to deter rather than harm.

I think its time we checked out that egg, isn't it?
As Chris tended to her minor wounds, muttering angry curses under her breath, Duke kneels down and stares at their finding in a thoughtful and pensive manner. He seemed intrigued by its design, notably the small protruding spikes scattered all over the shell, yet, he wasn't entirely sure it was meant for him. Chris, on her end, certainly shared no love for the unborn creature that had already caused harm upon her being. Her tail blade swiveled from side to side as she plotted bloody revenge.

"Heh, this little one certainly seems like quite a tough pill to swallow, doesn't it?" Duke chuckled, looking a tad amused. "I can tell it's not to your liking, so how about we let this one be and hope we run into something else? And I mean that we let it be intact; we don't want to incurr the wrath of the springtime pyukumuku by shattering its precious eggs. We've yet to see the rest of the shrine, so let's see what else we can find."

::FB::WF::
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records