UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 09:56 PM   #51
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkbeat View Post
Spending $30 on:

Placing her in this Luxury Ball (1/1 Used).

Planning to edit rp in here sometime this week.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Bagon confirmed.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:56 PM   #52
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schala View Post
Adopting this Pokemon with $30, thanks! (Placing in Pokeball 12 of 50.)

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Seel confirmed.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:59 PM   #53
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Adopting this little guy for $30! And putting him into a regular Pokeball.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Gible confirmed.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:00 PM   #54
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebs View Post
Adopting the level 1 female Mienfoo. She'll reside in a Pokeball for now.

[Payment: $30]

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Mienfoo confirmed.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:18 PM   #55
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
The scene at the centre was one of organised chaos.

People and pokemon were being flung around like luggage, trainers arguing over which pokemon they wanted, others fleeing with their adoptions. One trainer escaped on their new Aerodactyl's back, kicking down their competition into the crowd which devoured them whole, while another snuck by with a Larvesta bundled under his shirt discreetly, while a third trainer was busy beheading another over the sakes of a horrified Petilil.

Truly a sight of chaos in the eyes of the psion. The Elgyem paid little heed to the racket, however, instead focusing its mind on a single figure who sifted through the mess of man and mon directly towards the being. Yes, it was time for the Elgyem to leave the rabble.

The figure arrived, indistinguishable under all the clothing and strips of cloth they wore, but looking into the eyes the psychic pokemon knew that her destiny lay with the stranger. Without a nod, the pair had left the battleground, the manager trying in vain to bring order as they reached for the bottle of Kyurem's Breath Man Repellant they reserved for such an occasion.

OOC: Picking up this level 1 female Elgyem, popping her into my 10th of 500 pokeballs and paying $30.

They say the world is little more than what our cognition makes of it, and to yours, the Adoption Center truly is a battleground. Clad in bizarre cloaks and scraps of cloth, you descend upon the madness and wordlessly claim the otherworldly effigy for yourself. A technician with a clipboard tries to stop you with some bureaucratic nonsense but you walk right on by, and when she tries to find the manager there is neither hide nor hair of the elusive bird keeper in sight, having been lost to the carnage. Perhaps you'll leave a flower on the premature grave of a fellow trainer, who is in the back office, trying to get through to the League as we speak died in vain on this gristly war ground?

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Elgyem confirmed.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:30 PM   #56
deoxys
Fog Badge

Paying $30 and adopting Lv 1 M Mareep.

((I'm out right now and can't make an RP post so I will be updating this with more substance when I can.))
Old 05-12-2017, 10:31 PM   #57
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
this guy please
$30
in my last remaining pokeball.
------RP------
Kawaii dodged around the mess as she entered the adoption center. There was food and bedding on the floor and some pokemon were looking stunned. One in particular was hopping around her cage nervously. The tiny bunneary was pacing and there was a frightened look in her eyes. Kawaii approached the cage and stuck her finger through the bar. The bunny studied her for a moment before nuzzling her head against the female trainer's finger.
The pink haired trainer smiled and gently removed the pokemon from the cage. The little bunny hopped on her trainer's shoulder as they headed to the check-out.

It's a stressful day for the residents of the Adoption Center. Sure, many of them are meeting their new companions for the first time, but there's such an uproar that it simply can't help but be stressful. Prone to anxiety yourself, you sympathize with their plight, and take pitty on the creatures, even braving a bunny bite when you stick a couple of fingers into a Buneary's cage. Luckily for you, she's friendly; in fact, she appreciates the quiet attention, as much as you appreciate the affection. You can't save them all from the hullabaloo, but this one, at least, you can take to the peace and quiet of wherever it is you call home.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Buneary confirmed.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:34 PM   #58
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroicRein View Post
Adopting this little girl with payment.

Basic Pokeball for housing.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Swablu confirmed.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:53 PM   #59
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Strutting into the Adoption Center with every intent of adding another spectral menace to his team, Michael's glance is caught when his pup Jessabelle begins barking at a cage, just as he was about to pick out a Shuppet to call his own. Turning, he spies a lone Houndour having been left in the Center, and his mind is swiftly made up, shoving away the Ghost that was about to be handed to him and swiftly unlatching the latch on the pup's cage.

Producing the Adoption Fee of $30, as well as a single Pokeball (1/5), the man gets in line behind all the others at the counter. "I'll take her."

It's a trend, it seems: come for a Shuppet, leave for something else. In your case, you're distracted by the baying of your hound, alerting you to, well... a hound! And immediately, you're smitten. Furthermore, who could blame you? There's something quintessentially charming about Houndour. Even the manager of the Adoption Center -- currently MIA -- is known to have one, despite it very much not being a bird. They're just that great. Great enough that you literally shoved away the Shuppet that was ready to be received into your arms -- surely breaking its heart -- in favor of the fiery little pup.

You're cold. Good thing fire's hot. It'll warm you up!

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Houndour confirmed.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:15 PM   #60
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Transaction here.

Heather was, well, hours late to the mad rush of the grand reopening. It seemed there were still a fair amount of Pokemon left over, though. She'd been to the older iteration of the facility, though it seemed that none of the current residents really recognized Ryuko or Magus at all. It had been almost two years, anyway, so those Pokemon must have found homes or have been released as per the old Center's policy. The staff seemed very tired when Heather came in, and almost seemed to dread another storm, but that was not to be. As she perused the wide selection of Pokemon available, one immediately caught her attention: a small Mareep, appearing to be...meditating or something? Whatever quirk was concealed within the wool didn't matter. What mattered was that Mareep was an Electric Type, meaning it would be a great addition to her team, not to mention the rumors that its evolution, Ampharos, was capable of Mega Evolving.

With that in mind, Heather's decision was made. She flagged down a weary-looking attendant. "Excuse me? I think I'd like to adopt this one." she said, providing one of the Poke Balls from the package she'd recently gotten from the League. Fishing the requisite funds from her wallet, she paid the attendant and presented the Mareep with the Poke Ball, its eyes now open as it heard its kennel being opened. It slowly approached the Ball, then decided to hop in, bopping the capture mechanism itself. A few shakes and a click later, the Mareep was officially hers.

"What should I name you, then?" Heather deliberated as she waved goodbye, her new companion once again at her side. "Reep, Ma-reep." it responded, not familiar with speaking the human tongue.

"She says Circe sounds good to her." Grace said, Heather nodding in response.

"That sounds good to me, Circe. Now let's head home, it's getting late, and tomorrow's gonna be a long one."

Tired. The staff is so very tired. The last few stragglers are sifting out, and then in you come, and you can feel their eyes upon you, trying not to be judgemental, but Celebi have mercy, how they're just so tired.

But... oh! You're a quiet girl, aren't you? And so polite! what a breath of fresh air. You don't give the staff any trouble as you walk around, unobtrusively looking at the kennels. They appreciate it, taking the precious few moments of quiet to get a drink of water, organize forms, sweep up spilled bedding, and all the other things no one has had time to do throughout the commotion of the day. A few sit down for the first time since it opened, giving their throbbing feet a break. And you... you stumble upon something quite nice yourself, don't you? A fluffy little ball of wool, resting in the barn. Wait... is she resting? It's hard to tell... it's almost as if the sheep is meditating. Ungulates don't medidate, however... do they?

You decide not to question it. Whatever deep secrets she has in that soft little head of hers, she's perfect for you; you just know it. She wholeheartedly agrees, it would seem, because she doesn't hesitate to take you up on your offer of capture, either! How lovely is that? Perhaps she senses your electric expertise. Perhaps she just appreciates your calm demeanor after the explosive day. Either way, Circe is happy to be yours, and the staff is more than happy to assist in her adoption -- you're a breath of fresh air after the day they've had!

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Mareep confirmed.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:16 PM   #61
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Paying $30 and adopting Lv 1 M Mareep.

((I'm out right now and can't make an RP post so I will be updating this with more substance when I can.))

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Mareep confirmed.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:01 AM   #62
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post
Lv. 01 (M) Deerling ($30)
No special moves.
In the chaos of recent weeks, it was no wonder that the Adoption Center was crowded with both people and Pokemon. With so many people giving up their Pokemon in search of a fresh start, Jade couldn't help but pity the poor creatures. With how close she was to all of her Pokemon, she couldn't imagine parting from them. Even Buddy, when they had been together for only a few weeks now, felt like a proper part of the family. So as she stood before the center, spectating the chaos within, Buddy perched on her head and beat his wings. "I'm not sure if we'll find anything in there, bud. Still want to visit?" Jade asked of him. While her other Pokemon were wonderful walking companions, Buddy's small and unassuming form was a blessing to Jade, wanting to attract as little attention as possible.

Buddy kicked off from Jade's hair in front of her and nodded. "Cuuue!" He cried, flying circles around her head. He seemed excited, to say the least.

"Alright, we'll head in. I'll follow you, fly up high if you get lost, alright Buddy?" Jade said, already walking forward. The Cutiefly flittered forward, bouncing happily in flight. As the two approached the door, they struggled past a few people leaving the building with excited faces and fresh Pokeballs clutched in their hands. She smiled for their newfound friends, but she felt weird about the idea of effectively a Pokemon store. A scenario like that is where Orville likely escaped from, and Alice was likely purchased from by her family. But they were in better hands now, and these Pokemon probably prefer to be with these new trainers than abandoned on the street.

Jade felt uncomfortable in the building. The plot of land the Adoption Center sat on was beautiful, and while meeting all of these Pokemon was quite nice, she'd much rather be outside or literally anywhere with less people. Buddy buzzed ahead, though, towards a set of cages near the back wall and she felt forced to follow. The Cutiefly had a knack for getting into rough spots on his own, too curious for his own good. He hovered before a cage containing a Lillipup and stuck his probiscus in, trying to get a bit closer. The pup ran up to the cage and gave a little bark before licking the bars and messing up Buddy's fluff, slicking it back into a little cowlick on top. Buddy flew back, trying to shake the slobber off, and the Lillipup fled to the back corner of his cage, lapping up water to get the pollen out of his mouth. Jade couldn't help but laugh.

"C'mon Buddy, let's go outside for a bit. I want to see what's out there." Jade said, taking the Cutiefly in her hands and scratching at his head. Buddy let out a gentle "Cuuue..." and went along with it, content with his current situation. She went to the right side of the building, almost knocking over a poor clerk carrying a stack of papers in her struggle to push through the crowd. "Sorry! Sorry! Oh gosh! I'm sorry!" She somewhat shouted, and pushed open the door into a the fields beyond. While there were a few people wandering about, it felt more free than inside, and she was content. "Alright, lead the way little dude." She held her hands out and the Cutiefly flew ahead, following a worn path to many buildings out ahead. Buddy kept stopping every once in a while to fly down to some nearby wildflowers, and Jade took in her surroundings whenever he did. There are definitely worse places to stay, she thought.

Eventually, the duo made their way to a plain red barn, slightly worn down but still standing. Buddy hovered over to the door and tried to pull it open with his tiny arms, struggling and pulling with all of his might. "I've got this one. What are you looking for? There's no flowers in there." Jade asked as she walked forward, nudging him aside and pulling on the door. The room inside was mostly lit with a window in the top of the barn and some lanterns, with a floor coated in hay and individual stables on the sides. Buddy buzzed ahead to one of the little stables, and poked inside. Jade followed and peeked over a stable door to see a bright pink Pokemon, with a small yellow flower on its head. It was laying down on its side, resting on a pile of hay. "Cutie!" Buddy cried out, hovering around. The other Pokemon poked his head up, glancing back and forth to Buddy and Jade. It stood suddenly on shaking legs, backing up further into the corner.

"Hey, little one! It's alright!" Jade said quietly, trying her best to calm it down. She pulled out her Pokedex from her bag and registered the new Pokemon as a Deerling, male. He gave a whimper and stared back at her. "We don't mean to hurt you, ok? Why are you all alone out here?" Jade said. Buddy flew down to the flower on the Deerling's head and tried to search for nectar in it. The Deerling leaned down, trying to dodge away. "Dee!" He said, trying to headbutt Buddy away. Buddy flew straight up and around

"Just shy? I understand that. This place has been kinda crowded today, huh?" Jade starts to take a seat on the dusty floor. "Do you just like to be alone, or are you afraid? Because, y'know. People aren't that scary. Just overwhelming sometimes." The Deerling stood up straight again and stopped leaning into the wall. "Do you mind if I stay here for a bit? I have some things I want to draw that I saw today." Jade said, pulling her sketchbook from her bag. She watched the deer for a response. He kneeled back down and laid on the hay, still watching Jade hesitantly.

Jade sat like that for a while, sketchbook in her lap. Buddy eventually got tired of buzzing about and went back into his Pokeball for rest, leaving Jade and the Deerling alone in silence. Night began to fall outside, and the barn was only dimly lit by the gentle orange light, Deerling's breathing slowed back down to normal and then down to near sleeping. Jade checked the time on her Pokegear and set her sketchbook aside. She nudged the Deerling awake, his head rising quickly before remembering.

"It's getting late. I've gotta run home, alright? Thanks for letting me stay with you." Jade whispered, trying not to upset him too much. She stood and dusted herself off as much as she could. "Later, little guy." Jade waved to him as she openned the stable door again and started to leave. She heard the creaking of the rusty hinge behind her. She turned to see the Deerling, standing as confidently as he had ever been in front of her. "You coming with me, then? We'd be happy to have you." Jade said. He walked towards the door of the barn, and the two left in silence, with something understood between them.

When they made it back to the Adoption Center, only one clerk was left at the building. They seemed concerned to see them so late, but Jade explained quickly. "I've been sitting with this little one for a while, and I lost track of time. Is it too late to adopt?" The clerk shrugged, setting down a bottle of food for a Murkrow in front of them. They explained they might as well, now that the building is closed. Jade thanked them, and the Deerling nuzzled up against her, happy for the companionship.

---

Adopting this level 1 Male Deerling with the payment of $30. He's gonna go into a normal Pokeball, dropping me down to 3 for that batch. Thanks for running everything so cleanly, Tate.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:22 AM   #63
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:

Lv. 01 (F) Skitty ($30)
No special moves.
Elka was sadly, slow to the adoption centre reopening it's doors. The young girl had woken up late, had trouble with her crutches, and Pascal seemingly didn't want to behave properly. She shrugged it off, better late than never she supposed. The enter having next to no one in it would certainly be better for her ego as well. No pitied stares, just her and her new companion.

Hobbling inside, the young girl noticed stacks upon stacks of cages. Each was filled with a different Pokemon, organised alphabetically for ease. Elka glanced up and down the rows, sighing as she looked at the heavy amount of Pokemon remaining in the centre. Tugging Pascal's leash, she instructed the young Eevee to guide her up and down the various rows of Pokemon, only stopping him to take a closer look into some of the cages. She wandered for quite awhile, finding herself inside the 's' wing of the adoption centre. She signalled for Pascal to stop and glanced inside one of the cages, a small Skitty lay tucked away in the back corner. It looked scared, probably tired of all the curious eyes that had rested themselves across it's flank. Elka tutted to herself, taking a step closer to peer at the nameplate on the cage.

"SKITTY, FEMALE"

A female, huh? Elka had to admit her current roster was lacking in girl power... and Skitty was certainly a cute Pokemon that she somewhat admired. She glanced at the pink cat again, making up her mind at that very moment. She signalled an employee and went about the adoption process, answering various questions until she was finally granted permission to take the young Skitty; following a small fee of course.

"What will you be naming her?" Asked the young worker, preparing to open the cage and enclose the cat inside the Pokeball.

"Mochi." Replied Elka, looking down at the small cat with a smile. She herself looked a lot brighter at the prospect of finally getting out of this place. Elka smiled to the attendant following the adoption and left. Her new Pokemon happily resting inside a Pokeball.

---

Adopting this female Skitty, who from this day forward will be named Mochi. Here's the $30, and she's going into a regular ole' Pokeball.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:08 AM   #64
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

Bouffalant

Quote:
Lv. 01 (M) Bouffalant ($30)
No special moves.
Maria and Boop shuffled into the Adoption Center. The two were considerably well behind the pack of people of who rushed to adopt, but it couldn't be helped. Maria's small, eight year old legs could only move so far, so fast. As the two entered, Maria got some odd looks from the staff on hand, but they were seemingly too tired at the moment to care enough about the blanket over her body. This was for the best. They began to walk down the aisles, looking up and down over the different Pokemon for adoption. Some stood out to Maria as particularly cute, but they wasn't here for cute Pokemon this visit. Maria and Boop needed a powerful Pokemon, so cuties would have to wait for the next visit. As they rounded a corner, Maria noticed a door with a sign on it. Though she couldn't read the words on the sign, a look through the glass on the door seemed to infer that there were more Pokemon outside. Pokemon kept outside of the cages would have to be big and powerful, which is what they were here to look for. Signaling to Boop to follow her, she opened the door, and stepped onto the acre.

As she guessed, there were indeed larger Pokemon outside, but not very many at all. She approached as many as she could, asking if any of them were interested in joining her on her quest. To her disappointment, many of them mocked her, and made themselves quite clear that none of them were interested. Dragging her feet sad and discouraged, she began to head toward the door inside. As she walked, she noticed a Pokemon hidden off to some shade, all by itself. It had an intimidating appearance, but its eyes stood out to her as quite lonely, and perhaps a bit friendly. She decided to give this Pokemon a shot, and walked up to meet it. The Pokemon was much bigger than her, and looked down at her with a quiet stare. A few moments passed, the two staring at each other with curiosity. It was then that Maria decided to break the silence, greeting the big Pokemon in Pokemon Language.

"Hello big Pokemon, why are you all alone?"

The Pokemon's face lit up in surprise for a moment, but quickly returned back to its quiet slate. After another moment of silence between the two, its mouth slowly opened, letting out a sorrowful response.

"The other Pokemon don't like me very much, little one. They call me terrible names, call me unwanted. That I'm a horrid excuse for a Pokemon, and that's why my trainer dumped me here. That I shall rot in this center. The list goes on and on, I'm afraid."

Maria gasped. How awful of those Pokemon to bully this poor thing. She shuffled closer and hugged the big Pokemon, comforting it. The Pokemon shifted around uncomfortably, but after a few pats from Maria, it calmed down, content. The Pokemon seemed nice enough, and Maria couldn't understand why they would hurt it so. Looking up to meet its eyes once more, Maria furthered the conversation.

"It is ok big Pokemon, I was unwanted too. It gets better. I am Maria, and this Mimikyu is Boop. What is your name?"

The big Pokemon closed its eyes, lost in thought. For a moment, it seems to recall something, but it then shakes its head.

"I...used to have a name, but I cannot recall it. It has been too long. That will simply not do for introductions though...ah, this may work as a substitute. My species is known as Bouffalant. It is nice to meet you, Maria and...Boop."

Maria's lips pursed underneath her cloth. This would simply not do. Every creature needed a name of its own. A name meant you existed, a name was everything. Without a name, you were nothing. Maria looked up at the Bouffalant with fire in her eyes. She was determined to give this bull a name, no matter how long it took. To the fortune of the readers and I, the Bouffalant read the situation well, and quickly popped a question to distract her.

"So...what brings you to the adoption center? I saw you ask those other Pokemon something. Are you recruiting for some sort of quest?"

This snapped Maria out of her "figure out a name" stupor. The Bouffalant was curious about her quest!

"Yes! We're searching far and wide, through tomb and dungeon, through sky and field, for Arceus' trousers!" Maria stated with enthusiasm.

The Bouffalant was visibly confused at this statement. What the hell were Arceus' trousers? He was about to inquire, when Boop interrupted.

"Now now, Maria. You're a bit too excited. Here, let me explain to him our quest while you, er...put that energy to think of a name for our friend here?"

Maria nodded, and began to toss ideas around her brain. While Maria was doing this, Boop pulled the Bouffalant to the side. Moving in close to the Bouffalant, Boop began to whisper,

"Maria was raised by among my tribe of Mimikyu. For the most part this turned out fine, but as you can see, she's developed some...questionable tendencies, such as the blanket over her. The story of Arceus' Trousers was created by our elder to get her out and interacting with her own kind, to travel the world. The idea was that this interaction would fix some of her problems. If you could humor her, it would be greatly appreciated."

The Bouffalant nodded, understanding of the situation. The two turned back to Maria, who was looking at them with confusion. After Boop assured her that she had educated the Bouffalant of the wonder of Arceus' Trousers, Maria's confusion turned to excitement. She had thought of a name for her new friend.

"Ok so, I was thinking that you could be called Buffy! It's a strong yet compassionate name, a good one I think. It envelops your strong appearance, and your nice, quiet personality. What do you think, Bouffalant?"

The Bouffalant moved his mouth around in thought. After a few seconds, he nodded his head in approval, and stomped his hooves.

"Buffy! I like it. Come little one, let us find those trousers!"

Maria jumped for joy. She sprinted toward the door, and ran inside. A minute later she returned, a female attendee following her. Extending the adopting fee to the lady, she pointed toward the Bouffalant, exclaiming in her best English,

"Adopt Buffy!"

The lady looked at the Bouffalant and smiled. Turning back to Maria, she took the adoption fee and said, "Alright, he's yours. Remember to put him in some form of Pokeball, though."

---

Adopting this Male Bouffalant by the name of Buffy. Here's the 30 pokedollars, and he's going in one of my five Pokeballs, leaving me with four remaining.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #65
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:

Conflicts of Interest

Tate had fallen in love with Niho the moment they had met.

Lots of Pokémon had come into the Adoption Center lately. With the recent change in political power, there had been an upheaval in the citizenry and a refugee crisis. Beloved Pokémon had to be relinquished by trainers who had loved them as they sought fresh starts in a new and sometimes scary world fraught with turmoil but also opportunity. Daily life was a mixture of the mundane and the chaotic for everyone. Hearts were broken. Second chances were made. Tears both happy and sad fell.

Among all of this was Niho.

Niho was a Brave creature. She came into a strange place, surrounded by strange people and strange Pokémon, during a time of upheaval and she rolled with it. She was excited to see the volunteers every morning and sad to see them go every evening. She delighted in playing with them, and they delighted in playing with her, so much so that protocol was often fudged in order to spend a little extra time with the particularly friendly Totodile. She was favored among the staff, and from day one, Tate loved her.

During late evenings she could be found in Tate's lap as the bird keeper updated the records for the center. As rounds were madefor last feedings, the smitten manager would let the little critter tag along. It was a love affair with hints of conflict of interest -- after all, what business did the managers of the center have, becoming so attached to one of the residents? Tate felt pangs of guilt; it wasn't appropriate. Her toothy grin, the sound of her soft snores, the cool and slightly rough sensation of her skin... it was all nearly haunting, however. She was a precious creature, who deserved to be loved.

But why did Tate have to be the one to do it? Why couldn't someone else love her just as well? Better, even? The truth was, Tate was selfish. Niho was precious. She was sweet and beautiful, and Tate wanted her for herself. That's why the manager was here now, standing in line among the public on the day of the Grand Re-Opening. Tate wanted Niho. Tate wanted to be with her. Tate wanted to have her as part of the family. Tate wanted to take her and Kai swimming and tell her and Pouli and Haawi about what Johto was like, and someday show them all Alola.

Money clutched in fist, Tate took a deep breath. Today, the trainer resolved, Niho came home.

Paying $30 to adopt this Lv. 01 (F) Totodile. Placing her into a Poke Ball.

To many, Spring was a beautiful season. A time of growth and renewal - a whisper of warmth over a frozen wasteland, gradually strengthening until winter melted away. The intoxicating fragrances, the colorful sights, the newness of it all - it was a mad rush. The season had taken hold in a big way for most of the world -
and yet, many of the "new beginnings" promised elsewhere had yet to begin here, in the particularly chaotic center of Fizzytopolis; many Pokemon were still in their own personal winters, their hearts frozen from abandonment, waiting for the gentle thaw of a new trainer to warm their hearts once again.

Niho's heart was eternal sunshine, even in this, possibly the bleakest moment of her life; resilient and playful, she loved with a reckless abandon that made it impossible not to love her, as well. Tate was not immune to this simple, unintentional spell; in fact, Tate had probably fallen deeper than anyone. Despite what conflicts raged within the manager's heart, and the conflicts of interest that may arise, love had clearly won out, and this precious creature would come home with Tate, no matter the cost.

Perhaps the other members of the staff had anticipated this, knowing their superior - or perhaps she had been simply called to assist with keeping things in order, and was there on coincidence - but as Tate takes their turn in line, an eerie-looking lavender-haired woman in sharp business attire approaches the register. She smiles rather serenely in the midst of bedlam, as the Dragonite behind her silently watches on.

"It was requested that I complete this transaction on behalf of your staff, who has told me of how wonderfully you and Niho have bonded" Marion says, with a smile, before looking with some confusion at the register. "So, wait... okay, this is a basic transaction, so... which button do I press? This one?"

The clerks try not to roll their eyes, as one of them very graciously intervenes, coaching the Elite member through the basic process of operating the machine. The Dragonite visibly facepalms.

"And... okay, and then I take the money and put it iiiiin - and sign here, here and here, oh, and initials on the top - and on page 15 - and there we go! I DEEM YOU ADOPTED!" Marion exclaims to Niho, perhaps a bit too energetically and a bit too royally, before giving her a pat on the head. Though the Totodile had always been a little ray of sunshine, it was clear she was positively beaming in this moment, brighter than one would ever think possible. From now on, no one could say that this pair was not rightly and justly brought together - Niho and Tate. There was a certain ring to it.

Adoption of Level 01 Totodile (F) confirmed.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #66
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
In the chaos of recent weeks, it was no wonder that the Adoption Center was crowded with both people and Pokemon. With so many people giving up their Pokemon in search of a fresh start, Jade couldn't help but pity the poor creatures. With how close she was to all of her Pokemon, she couldn't imagine parting from them. Even Buddy, when they had been together for only a few weeks now, felt like a proper part of the family. So as she stood before the center, spectating the chaos within, Buddy perched on her head and beat his wings. "I'm not sure if we'll find anything in there, bud. Still want to visit?" Jade asked of him. While her other Pokemon were wonderful walking companions, Buddy's small and unassuming form was a blessing to Jade, wanting to attract as little attention as possible.

Buddy kicked off from Jade's hair in front of her and nodded. "Cuuue!" He cried, flying circles around her head. He seemed excited, to say the least.

"Alright, we'll head in. I'll follow you, fly up high if you get lost, alright Buddy?" Jade said, already walking forward. The Cutiefly flittered forward, bouncing happily in flight. As the two approached the door, they struggled past a few people leaving the building with excited faces and fresh Pokeballs clutched in their hands. She smiled for their newfound friends, but she felt weird about the idea of effectively a Pokemon store. A scenario like that is where Orville likely escaped from, and Alice was likely purchased from by her family. But they were in better hands now, and these Pokemon probably prefer to be with these new trainers than abandoned on the street.

Jade felt uncomfortable in the building. The plot of land the Adoption Center sat on was beautiful, and while meeting all of these Pokemon was quite nice, she'd much rather be outside or literally anywhere with less people. Buddy buzzed ahead, though, towards a set of cages near the back wall and she felt forced to follow. The Cutiefly had a knack for getting into rough spots on his own, too curious for his own good. He hovered before a cage containing a Lillipup and stuck his probiscus in, trying to get a bit closer. The pup ran up to the cage and gave a little bark before licking the bars and messing up Buddy's fluff, slicking it back into a little cowlick on top. Buddy flew back, trying to shake the slobber off, and the Lillipup fled to the back corner of his cage, lapping up water to get the pollen out of his mouth. Jade couldn't help but laugh.

"C'mon Buddy, let's go outside for a bit. I want to see what's out there." Jade said, taking the Cutiefly in her hands and scratching at his head. Buddy let out a gentle "Cuuue..." and went along with it, content with his current situation. She went to the right side of the building, almost knocking over a poor clerk carrying a stack of papers in her struggle to push through the crowd. "Sorry! Sorry! Oh gosh! I'm sorry!" She somewhat shouted, and pushed open the door into a the fields beyond. While there were a few people wandering about, it felt more free than inside, and she was content. "Alright, lead the way little dude." She held her hands out and the Cutiefly flew ahead, following a worn path to many buildings out ahead. Buddy kept stopping every once in a while to fly down to some nearby wildflowers, and Jade took in her surroundings whenever he did. There are definitely worse places to stay, she thought.

Eventually, the duo made their way to a plain red barn, slightly worn down but still standing. Buddy hovered over to the door and tried to pull it open with his tiny arms, struggling and pulling with all of his might. "I've got this one. What are you looking for? There's no flowers in there." Jade asked as she walked forward, nudging him aside and pulling on the door. The room inside was mostly lit with a window in the top of the barn and some lanterns, with a floor coated in hay and individual stables on the sides. Buddy buzzed ahead to one of the little stables, and poked inside. Jade followed and peeked over a stable door to see a bright pink Pokemon, with a small yellow flower on its head. It was laying down on its side, resting on a pile of hay. "Cutie!" Buddy cried out, hovering around. The other Pokemon poked his head up, glancing back and forth to Buddy and Jade. It stood suddenly on shaking legs, backing up further into the corner.

"Hey, little one! It's alright!" Jade said quietly, trying her best to calm it down. She pulled out her Pokedex from her bag and registered the new Pokemon as a Deerling, male. He gave a whimper and stared back at her. "We don't mean to hurt you, ok? Why are you all alone out here?" Jade said. Buddy flew down to the flower on the Deerling's head and tried to search for nectar in it. The Deerling leaned down, trying to dodge away. "Dee!" He said, trying to headbutt Buddy away. Buddy flew straight up and around

"Just shy? I understand that. This place has been kinda crowded today, huh?" Jade starts to take a seat on the dusty floor. "Do you just like to be alone, or are you afraid? Because, y'know. People aren't that scary. Just overwhelming sometimes." The Deerling stood up straight again and stopped leaning into the wall. "Do you mind if I stay here for a bit? I have some things I want to draw that I saw today." Jade said, pulling her sketchbook from her bag. She watched the deer for a response. He kneeled back down and laid on the hay, still watching Jade hesitantly.

Jade sat like that for a while, sketchbook in her lap. Buddy eventually got tired of buzzing about and went back into his Pokeball for rest, leaving Jade and the Deerling alone in silence. Night began to fall outside, and the barn was only dimly lit by the gentle orange light, Deerling's breathing slowed back down to normal and then down to near sleeping. Jade checked the time on her Pokegear and set her sketchbook aside. She nudged the Deerling awake, his head rising quickly before remembering.

"It's getting late. I've gotta run home, alright? Thanks for letting me stay with you." Jade whispered, trying not to upset him too much. She stood and dusted herself off as much as she could. "Later, little guy." Jade waved to him as she openned the stable door again and started to leave. She heard the creaking of the rusty hinge behind her. She turned to see the Deerling, standing as confidently as he had ever been in front of her. "You coming with me, then? We'd be happy to have you." Jade said. He walked towards the door of the barn, and the two left in silence, with something understood between them.

When they made it back to the Adoption Center, only one clerk was left at the building. They seemed concerned to see them so late, but Jade explained quickly. "I've been sitting with this little one for a while, and I lost track of time. Is it too late to adopt?" The clerk shrugged, setting down a bottle of food for a Murkrow in front of them. They explained they might as well, now that the building is closed. Jade thanked them, and the Deerling nuzzled up against her, happy for the companionship.

---

Adopting this level 1 Male Deerling with the payment of $30. He's gonna go into a normal Pokeball, dropping me down to 3 for that batch. Thanks for running everything so cleanly, Tate.

The Adoption Center, charitable as it is, puts a certain sense of unease in you. Though the adoption fee is meant to help with upkeep costs and nothing more, it does strike you as a payment in your mind, and this unsettles you. Still, you know these creatures are likely happy to be here -- or on their way to new homes -- than lost on the streets, and the idea puts you at ease.

Buddy is having the time of his life, exploring the center, and getting into only a little bit of good-natured trouble. You're enjoying seeing him so happy, and enjoying all the spectacular sights, yourself. The grounds are verdant and as well-kept as they can be given the workload the staff bears. There's a pond full of fish and aquatic Pokémon, in addition to the aquariums that you had seen indoors, and several large kennels outside for larger critters to run. There's a barn near the back of the property, and a stable, and a giant flight cage, the contents of which are obscured by the fine mesh which comprises the walls. Thick with berry bushes and fruit trees and a handful of small specialty buildings, it's a maze in its own right, and you and Buddy wander for a good 45 minutes before you end up at the aforementioned Barn, where something has your little Cutie all abuzz. Happy to indulge him, you open the door and meander inside.

You had figured there weren't any flowers in the slightly dusty building, but you were wrong -- there was exactly one! It just happened to be on the head of a Deerling. He's quick to be spooked by you, as is the nature of his species. You have a gentle temperment, however, and you're quiet with him, which helps to put him at just enough ease to allow you to spend a quiet afternoon drawing all the things you've seen in his placid company. It's a tranquil way to pass the time, and oh how it passes indeed -- the next thing you know, it's evening, and the sun filtering through the evening is blue and waning. Buddy has long retreated to his ball for some rest and you're a bit knackered yourself, body a touch achy from having sat in the same position for several hours -- as nice as it's been, it's time to go home, don't you think?

You nudge your new friend awake, very gently, so that you can tell him goodbye. It really was a treat to spend some time with him -- and he agrees. It's been so terribly hectic around here lately, and he appreciates your relaxed way of life. He wants to come with you, and continue to live these peaceful days. His snout is a moist and cool when he nuzzles you, and you really can't say no to that, can you? When he follows you all the way back to the main building, it' pure magic; even the lone staffer -- who almost drops the container she's capping when you walk in -- thinks so. As you fill out the forms required to adopt, she discretely takes a photo of the Deerling and sends it to some of her coworkers via her DexNav, amazed with how much it has taken to you. Probably not the ost professional thing to do, but we hope you don't mind. We're just human, after all!

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Deerling confirmed.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #67
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post

Elka was sadly, slow to the adoption centre reopening it's doors. The young girl had woken up late, had trouble with her crutches, and Pascal seemingly didn't want to behave properly. She shrugged it off, better late than never she supposed. The enter having next to no one in it would certainly be better for her ego as well. No pitied stares, just her and her new companion.

Hobbling inside, the young girl noticed stacks upon stacks of cages. Each was filled with a different Pokemon, organised alphabetically for ease. Elka glanced up and down the rows, sighing as she looked at the heavy amount of Pokemon remaining in the centre. Tugging Pascal's leash, she instructed the young Eevee to guide her up and down the various rows of Pokemon, only stopping him to take a closer look into some of the cages. She wandered for quite awhile, finding herself inside the 's' wing of the adoption centre. She signalled for Pascal to stop and glanced inside one of the cages, a small Skitty lay tucked away in the back corner. It looked scared, probably tired of all the curious eyes that had rested themselves across it's flank. Elka tutted to herself, taking a step closer to peer at the nameplate on the cage.

"SKITTY, FEMALE"

A female, huh? Elka had to admit her current roster was lacking in girl power... and Skitty was certainly a cute Pokemon that she somewhat admired. She glanced at the pink cat again, making up her mind at that very moment. She signalled an employee and went about the adoption process, answering various questions until she was finally granted permission to take the young Skitty; following a small fee of course.

"What will you be naming her?" Asked the young worker, preparing to open the cage and enclose the cat inside the Pokeball.

"Mochi." Replied Elka, looking down at the small cat with a smile. She herself looked a lot brighter at the prospect of finally getting out of this place. Elka smiled to the attendant following the adoption and left. Her new Pokemon happily resting inside a Pokeball.

---

Adopting this female Skitty, who from this day forward will be named Mochi. Here's the $30, and she's going into a regular ole' Pokeball.

It's been a difficult morning. You're late. Your Eevee -- meant to be a helpful companion -- is more hindrance than help. The crutches upon which you rely seem hellbent on thwarting you today. But you know, even storm clouds have silver linings.

Crowds suck, and you've dodged a big one. By the time you've arrived, nearly everyone has cleared out, save for the staff and a few stragglers. There's plenty of room for you to maneuver and a shortage of prying, piteous glances in your direction, which is the ideal; Pascal even seems to have settled down somewhat -- perhaps the walk over has burnt off some energy?

You make slow laps down the rows of cages, stopping occasionally to peer into one or another as you see fit. Eventually -- somewhere in the S range you stop, a bright pink ball of fur having grabbed your attention. Pascal momentarily keeps walking until you motion for him to stop, just sort of him upending you accidentally; your teamwork is a work in progress. Inside the cage is a harrowed-looking Skitty, clearly done with being put on parade for strangers, and maybe you relate to that feeling of being gawked at? It doesn't take you very long at all to make up your mind, and you soon flag down an equally harrowed-looking clerk, who gets you tucked in with some paperwork.

Mochi -- as she's come to be called -- seems to be relieved to be out of the cage. The staffer thinks the name is the cutest damn thing on this planet. You have to take a few minutes to untangle Pascal's leash from your crutches before you leave. Just another day in the life.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Skitty confirmed.

Last edited by Nerd Violence; 05-13-2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:10 PM   #68
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crys View Post
Maria and Boop shuffled into the Adoption Center. The two were considerably well behind the pack of people of who rushed to adopt, but it couldn't be helped. Maria's small, eight year old legs could only move so far, so fast. As the two entered, Maria got some odd looks from the staff on hand, but they were seemingly too tired at the moment to care enough about the blanket over her body. This was for the best. They began to walk down the aisles, looking up and down over the different Pokemon for adoption. Some stood out to Maria as particularly cute, but they wasn't here for cute Pokemon this visit. Maria and Boop needed a powerful Pokemon, so cuties would have to wait for the next visit. As they rounded a corner, Maria noticed a door with a sign on it. Though she couldn't read the words on the sign, a look through the glass on the door seemed to infer that there were more Pokemon outside. Pokemon kept outside of the cages would have to be big and powerful, which is what they were here to look for. Signaling to Boop to follow her, she opened the door, and stepped onto the acre.

As she guessed, there were indeed larger Pokemon outside, but not very many at all. She approached as many as she could, asking if any of them were interested in joining her on her quest. To her disappointment, many of them mocked her, and made themselves quite clear that none of them were interested. Dragging her feet sad and discouraged, she began to head toward the door inside. As she walked, she noticed a Pokemon hidden off to some shade, all by itself. It had an intimidating appearance, but its eyes stood out to her as quite lonely, and perhaps a bit friendly. She decided to give this Pokemon a shot, and walked up to meet it. The Pokemon was much bigger than her, and looked down at her with a quiet stare. A few moments passed, the two staring at each other with curiosity. It was then that Maria decided to break the silence, greeting the big Pokemon in Pokemon Language.

"Hello big Pokemon, why are you all alone?"

The Pokemon's face lit up in surprise for a moment, but quickly returned back to its quiet slate. After another moment of silence between the two, its mouth slowly opened, letting out a sorrowful response.

"The other Pokemon don't like me very much, little one. They call me terrible names, call me unwanted. That I'm a horrid excuse for a Pokemon, and that's why my trainer dumped me here. That I shall rot in this center. The list goes on and on, I'm afraid."

Maria gasped. How awful of those Pokemon to bully this poor thing. She shuffled closer and hugged the big Pokemon, comforting it. The Pokemon shifted around uncomfortably, but after a few pats from Maria, it calmed down, content. The Pokemon seemed nice enough, and Maria couldn't understand why they would hurt it so. Looking up to meet its eyes once more, Maria furthered the conversation.

"It is ok big Pokemon, I was unwanted too. It gets better. I am Maria, and this Mimikyu is Boop. What is your name?"

The big Pokemon closed its eyes, lost in thought. For a moment, it seems to recall something, but it then shakes its head.

"I...used to have a name, but I cannot recall it. It has been too long. That will simply not do for introductions though...ah, this may work as a substitute. My species is known as Bouffalant. It is nice to meet you, Maria and...Boop."

Maria's lips pursed underneath her cloth. This would simply not do. Every creature needed a name of its own. A name meant you existed, a name was everything. Without a name, you were nothing. Maria looked up at the Bouffalant with fire in her eyes. She was determined to give this bull a name, no matter how long it took. To the fortune of the readers and I, the Bouffalant read the situation well, and quickly popped a question to distract her.

"So...what brings you to the adoption center? I saw you ask those other Pokemon something. Are you recruiting for some sort of quest?"

This snapped Maria out of her "figure out a name" stupor. The Bouffalant was curious about her quest!

"Yes! We're searching far and wide, through tomb and dungeon, through sky and field, for Arceus' trousers!" Maria stated with enthusiasm.

The Bouffalant was visibly confused at this statement. What the hell were Arceus' trousers? He was about to inquire, when Boop interrupted.

"Now now, Maria. You're a bit too excited. Here, let me explain to him our quest while you, er...put that energy to think of a name for our friend here?"

Maria nodded, and began to toss ideas around her brain. While Maria was doing this, Boop pulled the Bouffalant to the side. Moving in close to the Bouffalant, Boop began to whisper,

"Maria was raised by among my tribe of Mimikyu. For the most part this turned out fine, but as you can see, she's developed some...questionable tendencies, such as the blanket over her. The story of Arceus' Trousers was created by our elder to get her out and interacting with her own kind, to travel the world. The idea was that this interaction would fix some of her problems. If you could humor her, it would be greatly appreciated."

The Bouffalant nodded, understanding of the situation. The two turned back to Maria, who was looking at them with confusion. After Boop assured her that she had educated the Bouffalant of the wonder of Arceus' Trousers, Maria's confusion turned to excitement. She had thought of a name for her new friend.

"Ok so, I was thinking that you could be called Buffy! It's a strong yet compassionate name, a good one I think. It envelops your strong appearance, and your nice, quiet personality. What do you think, Bouffalant?"

The Bouffalant moved his mouth around in thought. After a few seconds, he nodded his head in approval, and stomped his hooves.

"Buffy! I like it. Come little one, let us find those trousers!"

Maria jumped for joy. She sprinted toward the door, and ran inside. A minute later she returned, a female attendee following her. Extending the adopting fee to the lady, she pointed toward the Bouffalant, exclaiming in her best English,

"Adopt Buffy!"

The lady looked at the Bouffalant and smiled. Turning back to Maria, she took the adoption fee and said, "Alright, he's yours. Remember to put him in some form of Pokeball, though."

---

Adopting this Male Bouffalant by the name of Buffy. Here's the 30 pokedollars, and he's going in one of my five Pokeballs, leaving me with four remaining.

It's probably for the best that you missed the busiest hours of the grand opening; a little girl like you might have gotten hurt in all the hullabaloo. You enter with Boop and the two of you are on a mission -- despite all the cute critters you see, you have only one thing in mind: a bad ass mother f-... freaker. Yeah, freaker! You're eight. I gotta watch my language.

There's nothing inside that's going to suit your needs, so you head outside. Having been raised feral, you speak the language of the monsters, and you do your best to convince them to join you, but one by one, they each turn you down. You're just a ridiculous little girl! Why would they want to join you?! Ha! Hahaha! It's all terribly discouraging. Perhaps you should give up, child?

Just as such a thought occurs to you, you see someone with a dour expression to match your own; a great big bull with a great big head of hair. He's surprised when you approach, but then pleased -- it seems, like you, he's been teased and shot down. You're kindred spirits! You introduce yourself, and ask his name, but then he tells you he doesn't have one; not anymore. One can hardly be a person without a name, and for a moment you're lost in thought as you consider the graveness of this travesty until he pulls you out of the reverie. You talk a bit, and explain your quest, which Boop (discretely) confides is really just a ploy to get you out and talking to other human beings. Your new Bouffalant buddy -- deemed Buffy -- is very understanding of your circumstances and gladly joins you on your quest for the godly trousers, which you seal by grunting a few words at a confused staffer. She doesn't even bother trying to get you to fill out the adoption form, figuring it'd be easier to forge it herself.

Onward, to glory pantaloons!

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Bouffalant confirmed.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:27 PM   #69
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:

Lv. 01 (F) Mime Jr. (Shiny) ($30)

[/INDENT]
It had been a long time since Alice had visited the Adoption Centre-- not since taking in her dozy little Spinda. She had been in a bit of a slump recently. Thrown into a new world with no answers did that to a person sometimes, especially since she didn't really have any human friends to speak of. It had also taken time to make sure this was the right decision. Adopting anything on a depressive whim was not the right thing to do after all, but with the sudden overcrowding and plenty of love to give, Alice was sure this was a good decision.

Many Pokemon tugged at her heartstrings, but one little lady stood out the most. It was a sad looking Mime Jr, her pink form suiting the general aesthetic of the trainer and her team, and the shimmer helping her to stand out among the larger crowd. It was in its spot, anxiously teetering and imitating its pound-mates, probably out of habit and to keep her stimulated and focused.

"Hey there, lil girl." Alice cooed, and the Pokemon jumped a little bit. On the young woman's shoulder, a bright pink Pichu waved a paw, looking perfectly cheery. From the pocket of her denim shorts, Alice procured a white sphere and plucked thirty pokedollars from her purse. "I think we'd like to take you home with us today. What d'ya say to that?"
Old 05-13-2017, 07:10 PM   #70
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
It had been a long time since Alice had visited the Adoption Centre-- not since taking in her dozy little Spinda. She had been in a bit of a slump recently. Thrown into a new world with no answers did that to a person sometimes, especially since she didn't really have any human friends to speak of. It had also taken time to make sure this was the right decision. Adopting anything on a depressive whim was not the right thing to do after all, but with the sudden overcrowding and plenty of love to give, Alice was sure this was a good decision.

Many Pokemon tugged at her heartstrings, but one little lady stood out the most. It was a sad looking Mime Jr, her pink form suiting the general aesthetic of the trainer and her team, and the shimmer helping her to stand out among the larger crowd. It was in its spot, anxiously teetering and imitating its pound-mates, probably out of habit and to keep her stimulated and focused.

"Hey there, lil girl." Alice cooed, and the Pokemon jumped a little bit. On the young woman's shoulder, a bright pink Pichu waved a paw, looking perfectly cheery. From the pocket of her denim shorts, Alice procured a white sphere and plucked thirty pokedollars from her purse. "I think we'd like to take you home with us today. What d'ya say to that?"

It's a hard choice to justify, taking on another Pokémon. You have to care for it. Love it. Protect it. Feed it. The life you give it -- good or bad -- is the life it's going to have. It's a huge responsibility, and you have enough sense to know you can't go taking something like that one as a whim.

She stands out though, doesn't she? Aye, she's a real beaut. It's easy to see why you'd fall for her, and not simply because she's pretty in pink. She mimes her fellow residents delicately, mimicking their airs, and when you approach -- after a bit of a jump -- she mimes you, too. She mirrors you so perfectly that when you call over the staffer, it makes him laugh. He claims she's taken a shine to you. Ha! Get it? Shine! He laughs again.

It's been a long 24 hours; we're all mad here.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Shiny Mime Jr. confirmed.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #71
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

It was late afternoon when three trucks -- all with the fmiliar series of kennels installed in the back, and all with the League's logo printed on the side -- pulled into the Adoption Center's driveway. The exhausted staff groaned when they realized what was coming. It was hard to remain chipper in the face of what was almost derisively known as a 'dump off' at this point, although managerial staff was quick to remind that these large drop offs weren't anyone's fault and if anything, deserved a moment of reverence. Each one was, unfortunately, a reminder of the refuges who had to part with beloved companions in their quest for a new life after the political upheaval, and no matter how hard the work got or how much our feet ached, it was the duty of the staff to be sensitive to this fact. These were someone's loved ones, and this was a hard time for everyone.

The Parks and Wildlife officers helped unload the fifty-odd Pokémon and signed away a small mountain of paperwork, before conversing tiredly with the center staff. It seemed everyone was wore out these days; there was so much work to do and so much left to get done. One point echoed through, however: don't lose hope! Remember, we've come so far already, and yes, sure, it might get tedious now and then, but now's no time to give up. Soak those weary bones in some Epsom salts, have a nice cup of tea, and report back again tomorrow.

Dropping off from the Reset Confirmation thread:

Lv. 01 (M) Poochyena
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Shuppet
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Spheal
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Natu
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Starly
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Aron
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (-) Staryu
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Girafarig
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Purloin
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Drowzee
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Sneasel
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Woobat
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Exeggcute
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Sigilyph
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Skitty
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (-) Bronzor
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Slowpoke
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Spoink
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Ponyta
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Meditite
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Elgyem
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Swablu
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (-) Lunatone
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (-) Baltoy
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Snover (Shiny)
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Minun
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Munna
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (-) Solrock
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Chikorita
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Fennekin
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Munna
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Sewaddle
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Maractus
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Mienfoo
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Darumaka
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Vulpix
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Misdreavus
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Oddish
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Ralts
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Ralts
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Kabuto
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Maractus
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Carvanha
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Qwilfish
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Deerling
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Woobat
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Swablu
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Lotad
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Duskull
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Joltik
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Bergmite
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (M) Slowpoke
No special moves.
Lv. 01 (F) Koffing
No special moves.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:04 PM   #72
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I can smell that we are gonna be friends.

Quote:
Lv. 01 (M) Spritzee ($30)
No special moves.
Faeseer. A lovely term for a nasty condition. The moment the strange woman enters the Adoption Center, she finds herself reeling backwards, as if punched. In Ffion's mind, the crowds were still here. The chaos was at its zenith. Cages empty and fill before her eyes - shadows move, shift, leave, return - all is color and blur. Perhaps she should have waited longer, both for her heart to mend, and for the imprints of life to have faded from this place somewhat. There were thousands of stories here, intersecting, and it was if a hundred different narrators were trying to speak simultaneously, to provide the narrative for what she was experiencing. It was, simply put, complete sensory overload. It was enough to make her feel physically ill.

Feet firmly on the ground, she tries to take a few deep breaths and find her way back to reality... somewhat. At the very least, she needed to figure out who in this place she needed to talk to. Approaching the most stable-looking figure, she begins:

"Hey! I'm here about some Pokemon -" she starts, before she realizes that others are staring at her... and the shadow vanishes. Fuck. Let's try again...

"Could somebody -" she starts, before she catches the whiff of the smell of rain... It hadn't rained in days, and yet, the petrichor was palpable. Olfactory hallucinations were not typical for her, so why...?

Ignoring the shifting figures around her and following her nose, she makes her way to one of the cages, containing a small, pink Pokemon appearing to be wearing a mask. He tilts his head, as if surprised to be receiving attention. Suddenly, the scent of rain shifts to the scent of roses - shifts to jasmine - shifts to any beautiful flower the Spritzee can possibly think of, completely exhausting himself in the process. He was stuck smelling of dandelions. Ffion giggles a bit, delighted at the scentshow the Spritzee had made.

"Strange little talent you have," she says, in a tone that suggests it is a compliment she has received many times herself. "I was really hoping for more of a bruiser, you know..."

The Spritzee, despite his exhaustion from attempting to exude such a bevy of scents, puffs up, curling its little wings an an attempt to show muscle where there is none. Ffion laughs heartily.

"Oh, really?" She leans back, giving the posing Pokemon a once-over. "...I'm not convinced. Really, love, you're strange and talented and you need somebody else, because if you follow me, you'll just -"

The crushed look in the Spritzee's eyes breaks Ffion's heart in a way that she thought impossible at this point. Two attempts at building strong teams, destroyed by failed missions - valued, beloved partners, often with bonds built over years lost in moments of bad judgment, or simply overpowered by the task at hand - she thought herself immune to this, by now. Perhaps one never was.

"No, I'm sorry, I can't -"

She sighs. The poor thing was nearly in tears.

"...I can't say no to you. But I hope you know what you're signing up for. I'm a completely unhinged sunuvabitch, and the 'adventures' I get into... Often lead to death, for those involved. That I've managed to survive is... is sheer luck, and..."

Spritzee's eyes glow with such adoration, such desire to be loved, that Ffion already realizes that the pursuit of dissuading this creature was going to be useless.

"Right. C'mon then, let's go, little one. You're stuck with me now... for good or for ill."

---

Claiming this Lv 01 (M) Spritzee. Using my Chocolate Ball from the 2013 Easter Event, and $30 from the bank.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #73
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Faeseer. A lovely term for a nasty condition. The moment the strange woman enters the Adoption Center, she finds herself reeling backwards, as if punched. In Ffion's mind, the crowds were still here. The chaos was at its zenith. Cages empty and fill before her eyes - shadows move, shift, leave, return - all is color and blur. Perhaps she should have waited longer, both for her heart to mend, and for the imprints of life to have faded from this place somewhat. There were thousands of stories here, intersecting, and it was if a hundred different narrators were trying to speak simultaneously, to provide the narrative for what she was experiencing. It was, simply put, complete sensory overload. It was enough to make her feel physically ill.

Feet firmly on the ground, she tries to take a few deep breaths and find her way back to reality... somewhat. At the very least, she needed to figure out who in this place she needed to talk to. Approaching the most stable-looking figure, she begins:

"Hey! I'm here about some Pokemon -" she starts, before she realizes that others are staring at her... and the shadow vanishes. Fuck. Let's try again...

"Could somebody -" she starts, before she catches the whiff of the smell of rain... It hadn't rained in days, and yet, the petrichor was palpable. Olfactory hallucinations were not typical for her, so why...?

Ignoring the shifting figures around her and following her nose, she makes her way to one of the cages, containing a small, pink Pokemon appearing to be wearing a mask. He tilts his head, as if surprised to be receiving attention. Suddenly, the scent of rain shifts to the scent of roses - shifts to jasmine - shifts to any beautiful flower the Spritzee can possibly think of, completely exhausting himself in the process. He was stuck smelling of dandelions. Ffion giggles a bit, delighted at the scentshow the Spritzee had made.

"Strange little talent you have," she says, in a tone that suggests it is a compliment she has received many times herself. "I was really hoping for more of a bruiser, you know..."

The Spritzee, despite his exhaustion from attempting to exude such a bevy of scents, puffs up, curling its little wings an an attempt to show muscle where there is none. Ffion laughs heartily.

"Oh, really?" She leans back, giving the posing Pokemon a once-over. "...I'm not convinced. Really, love, you're strange and talented and you need somebody else, because if you follow me, you'll just -"

The crushed look in the Spritzee's eyes breaks Ffion's heart in a way that she thought impossible at this point. Two attempts at building strong teams, destroyed by failed missions - valued, beloved partners, often with bonds built over years lost in moments of bad judgment, or simply overpowered by the task at hand - she thought herself immune to this, by now. Perhaps one never was.

"No, I'm sorry, I can't -"

She sighs. The poor thing was nearly in tears.

"...I can't say no to you. But I hope you know what you're signing up for. I'm a completely unhinged sunuvabitch, and the 'adventures' I get into... Often lead to death, for those involved. That I've managed to survive is... is sheer luck, and..."

Spritzee's eyes glow with such adoration, such desire to be loved, that Ffion already realizes that the pursuit of dissuading this creature was going to be useless.

"Right. C'mon then, let's go, little one. You're stuck with me now... for good or for ill."

---

Claiming this Lv 01 (M) Spritzee. Using my Chocolate Ball from the 2013 Easter Event, and $30 from the bank.
The world is never as it seems for you, is it? It must be a terrible plight. Something so few -- if anyone -- can relate to. Trapped in times past, surrounded by ghosts, uncertain if the things around you are real. No wonder you're a hell child. It must be all you can do to find an escape from the perpetual loneliness of the condition which isolates you.

When yet new hallucinations strike you, it's a bit concerning. They're sweet though; fragrant and earthy and fresh. You drift towards the source and find it to be nothing more than a Spritzee, the species known for its fragrances. Perhaps yet more confusions in your life aren't ideal, but as far as trickery goes, this is quite nice, isn't it? He's cute, but you're not really looking for cute. You need something strong, to survive the merciless lifestyle you've chosen. He won't hear any of this, no matter how much you beseech, however. It doesn't matter that you can't bear to see another friend die at the hands of your reckless misadventures -- he likes you. Perhaps he senses your loneliness. Perhaps he's lonely himself. Like hearts in a lonely world need each other.

You can't say no. He's just too sweet. It takes you a few more tries to flag down an actual, living human being, but that's okay. You aren't alone.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Spritzee confirmed.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:09 PM   #74
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Relicanth

Quote:
Lv. 01 (F) Stunky ($30)
No special moves.
The door slowly opened inward, an experimental push, if anything. After the near-carnage he'd heard of here just a couple of days before, he was surprised it was still on its hinges. Satisfied it wasn't about to fall off, the sturdy figure of Fizzytopia's resident fisherman trudged inside. It was nice and quiet, aside from the various noises of the Pokémon that were being cared for here. Certainly quieter than the last time he'd come by. But then, in that instance, he'd adopted a Yanma that was threatening to vibrate the building apart. Hard to get much louder.

But that had been a few years ago, now. He'd not often been to the Adoption Centre since, especially now that he'd gained most of the Pokémon he'd been after, usually from trades. But with the recent influx of trainers dropping off their previous team-mates, he'd decided to see what was available. And something caught his eye. Typically, it was yet another Sinnoh-native species, but one he'd been fond of for a while.

Stepping up to the counter, the sullen-looking trainer gave a rare smile to the new face behind the desk, if a brief one. He didn't know the new manager very well, but from what he could understand he was a useful figure in the recent upheavals that had taken place around Fizzytopia. Who knows, maybe he'd get to know him a little better, as and when he started integrating himself more with the population again. Maybe.

For now, the fisherman slid a sheet of paper across the counter, index finger tapping a circled thumbnail of one of the Pokémon up for adoption. He waited for a moment, until the creature was brought out - a purple, fuzzy creature with a cream stripe down its back, from between its ears to the end of its bushy tail. Normally, this species would cause both Pokémon and people to avoid it, due to its reputation... but Dave knew that it wouldn't emit its famous stench without due cause. And he wasn't intending to give it one. As the critter was placed on the counter, it looked around, stepping toward the fisherman, who held out a hand, fingers outstretched. It gave a few cautious sniffs, before stepping closer, allowing the human to gently pet the fuzzy face, resulting in a low, purring noise from the skunk, along with a small grin from Dave.

Nodding, he reached into a pocket of his jacket, producing a small, brown sphere that he enlarged into a Chocolate Ball, along with a wad of cash - $30 in total. He slid the money across the counter, while the Stunky sniffed at the orb next to her. It smelled edible, but she knew what it was. Pressing her snout against it, she was soon enveloped in dark brown light, the ball snapping open to suck the energy inside. It barely even wobbled before a PING! rang out through the shop. The trainer scooped it up, before nodding to the manager, turning around and heading out. As he passed through the door, he could just about be heard muttering something.

"...Cheery. Yes."

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 05-15-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:09 AM   #75
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:

Pokémon Available for Adoption

Lv. 01 (F) Kabuto ($30)
No special moves.
Paying $30 to adopt this level 1 female Kabuto and putting it in one of my 16 Pokeballs. RP incoming, but making sure that it's mine first.

Last edited by Muyotwo; 05-15-2017 at 09:39 AM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records