UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 09:15 PM   #326
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

War of the Roses

As the audience roared with applause, Petunia took the stage and approached the microphone. “And there you have it folks! What a beautiful display, let’s give another hand for our wonderful contestants!” The audience cheered once more as the contestants took a bow. The four flower queens joined Petunia on the stage. It had been a long day of eventful challenges, but they remained as composed as ever, not wanting to drop their majestic facades.

“Well, that concludes our event,” Petunia continued, smiling. “You all have been a fantastic group, so I thank all of you for making this event so enjoyable and successful! From the water balloon fight to the scavenger hunt to the beauty pageant, all of your individual and team points have been tallied, so it’s finally time to announce the winner! Now, if my colleagues could please present us with the final scores, we can announce our winners!”

Peony joined Petunia on stage and pulled an envelope out of her purse and presented it to Petunia. Meanwhile, Poppy and Persimmon rolled out the scoreboard signpost, but it had been covered up to draw out the suspense. Petunia opened up the envelope and pulled out the results of the final scores. A smile crept onto her face. Clearing her throat, she addressed the crowd once more.

~~~~~~~

“Alright, here we go! In fourth place comes Team Bellossom with 11 total points! Let’s give them a round of applause!” The audience cheered as Poppy removed part of the cover that was blocking the scoreboard, showing Bellossom’s name with 4 Team Points and 7 Individual Points. The disappointment on Bellossom’s face was apparent, but she continued to smile innocently through it all and blew a kiss to her team, thanking them for all their effort.

“Next up, we have a tie! With 14 total points, we have Teams Roserade and Tsareena! Let’s give them a hand!” The audience cheered once more as Persimmon and Poppy revealed more of the scoreboard. Roserade finished with 8 Team Points and 6 Individual Points while Tsareena finished with 9 Team Points and 5 Individual Points. Tsareena and Roserade shot each other annoyed glances before turning to wave proudly at their respective teams.

Petunia broke into a grin as Lilligant smugly put her hands on her hips, beaming. “And finally, we have our winning team by a landslide, Team Lilligant with 22 total points! Great job guys! Let’s give them a round of applause!” The audience erupted its loudest as Persimmon revealed the final score on the scoreboard. Team Lilligant finished with 10 Team Points and a perfect 12 Individual Points. Lilligant continued to beam proudly, waving to her team in gratitude.

~~~~~~~

Poppy and Persimmon rejoined Petunia and Peony on stage. “Now, as we proceed to hand out prizes for the event, our wonderful hostess and sponsor of the Rose Garden will present Lilligant with the crown of victory!” As the garden volunteers brought out a number of items, Primrose Nightingale approached Lilligant with a tiara in her hands. It was a beautiful silver crown with some diamonds and rose-shaped rubies set on it. Lilligant elegantly lowered her head as Primrose placed it before the petals of her flowery crown. “Congratulations,” Primrose said with a warm smile. Lilligant smiled back and lifted her leafy skirt to curtsy. Bellossom, Roserade, and Tsareena rolled their eyes as Lilligant basked in her victory before the three flower queens exited the stage and went to thank their individual teams personally.

By now the volunteers had set up a small table and laid out an assortment of items. “First up is the prize to our winning team; Team Lilligant! Congratulations!” Petunia cheered as Rorik, Alex, and Lucas came on the stage to claim their prizes. “Next up is a prize to the contestants with the top three Individual Points! Congratulations Alex, who finished with 18 Individual Points, Rorik who finished with 14 Individual Points, and Drew who finished with 13 Individual Points!” As the three trainers came up to get their prizes, the scoreboard showed the rest of everyone’s points. With 12 points was Alice, with 11 points was Melissa, Chroma, and Hiero, with 10 points was Jess and Lucas, with 9 points was Seiko, and lastly was Sypher with 3 and Elka with 0.

“The next prize is the participation prize, because without your active involvement throughout the entire event from start to finish, the event wouldn’t have been as successful as it was! Come on up, Drew, Jess, Melissa, Lucas, Rorik, Alex, Chroma, and Alice!” The audience cheered as everyone came up to claim their prizes. “And last but not least, the final prize is the consolation prize; for everyone to enjoy! Thank you all for participating!”

Winning Team Prize: TM Giga Drain & TM Solar Beam
Rorik, Lucas, & Alex
Top Individuals Prize: Big Root, Rose Incense, Heat Rock
Alex, Rorik, & Drew
Participation Prize: Grassium-Z, Leaf Stone, TM Sunny Day, TM Energy Ball
Drew, Jess, Melissa, Lucas, Rorik, Alex, Chroma, & Alice
Consolation Prize: 5 Rare Candies & Miracle Seed
Everyone
Petunia grinned and watched as everyone claimed their prizes. “Once again I’d like to thank everyone for your participation and support to make this event a smash success! One last announcement that we would like to share from the Rose Garden is that effective immediately, our very own Primrose is now the newest Trial Captain of the Cloud Garden! She may be young, but don’t underestimate her!” Primrose smiled bashfully and bowed before the crowd. She wasn’t used to all of the attention, but she tried her best to confidently face the crowd.

“So with that, I offer congratulations to her and gratitude to you all for coming out today! We hope to see you visit the Rose Garden again soon!” The audience cheered one final time before they began to disperse. As people made their way out of the Rose Garden, a chilling breeze blew across the mountainside. Higher up the mountain, a few snowflakes could be spotted before they melted in the atmosphere.

Finally, this is OOC, but I would like to express my thanks to everyone for participating. The event went better than I could have ever imagined, and that was in large because of the efforts of Morningstar and Patches. As thanks I would like to give the two of you the Participation Prize as well; Grassium-Z, Leaf Stone, TM Sunny Day, and TM Energy Ball. You two are the best ZUs in FB!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 10-04-2017, 08:37 PM   #327
Patches
Shake it!

Missingno. Master – Percy was loving this, it was obvious to him that Miror was totally buying his story. The Pokemon had kept up the act the entire time and made sure to appear very intrigued. Once Percy paused, Miror gave a very enthusiastic response so he prepared to continue speaking but then, you cut in. When you asked about the orchard that Percy had mentioned it snapped him out of whatever train of thought he had while making him jump and briefly looking at you completely startled. It would seem that he forgot about your presence in the minute or so it had been since you last spoke. “Ah–! Uhhh... Orchard? Yes. The orchard!” Percy nervously rubs the back of his head with his right arm and turns his attention back to Miror. “Why yes, little one! There is a place called Oran Orchard that is nearby! It is just over those hills that way!” The man points to the east. “They have an abundance of Nanab Berries! I’d go over there myself but this ol’ back of mine ain’t what it used to be! Heh heh heh.” Percy looks thoughtful for a moment and decides to speak again, “There is one thing that’s very important. Don’t tell anyone that you met me. It’s just that, if others know about me then they will want all of my stuff too and I only have so much to offer. You wouldn’t want to miss out because you went and told others that–”

He notices something that makes him instantly uneasy. “Well then!” He shoves the container of apple cores into his bag and gathers all of the miscellaneous things he has laying around his bag and sloppily shoves them all into it then he roughly pulls on a drawstring in order to close it. “I will be back at this spot later! The deal still stands!” He stands up and quickly throws the bag over his shoulder. “I uh… Just had something come up so I’ll be on my way now! Don’t forget our little deal!” And with that, he completely books it out of there at full speed, you soon see something fall out of his bag as he goes but he moves too fast for you to even tell him. For someone who supposedly has a bad back he sure can run. You take a moment to look at your surroundings, just to check if there is anything out of the ordinary that would cause him to take off like that. The only thing you notice is that behind you, in the direction Percy was facing, there is a male ranger casually walking by with a Lillipup beside him. Neither of them are paying any attention to you, they just seem to be slowly passing through. You go over to the item that Percy dropped and pick it up, looks like it’s a Xtransceiver. Most people choose to wear these on their wrists but this one fell from his bag. It also requires a passcode in order to go into it so you won’t be able to dig through it for any information. What will you do?

--------------------

Meetan – You decide that at this point there is no getting out of this. You can’t just walk away from whatever this is because everything you’ve seen so far is just completely wrong. On top of it, Duchess is out there and is not in a good position right now. Axel is in agreement, this isn’t something that either of you can just forget about. Now that your device is on silent, you snap a few more pictures and send them over to Ivan. Even if he does respond, it won’t make a sound blowing your cover like it did the last time. You follow for a few minutes and finally the man that goes by Joe stops his Mudbray, Tank. “Hey, I’m going to check on those two.” He walks over to the cart and begins to look over Duchess and the mystery Pokemon. You are laying on your stomach looking over the hill with Axel to your right. You’re very focused on watched what he’s doing so you don’t notice that someone is coming up behind you. Next thing you know, there is a whisper in your left ear. “Tortle…” You jump so hard that you begin to roll down the hill, completely freaked out by the unexpected intrusion. You look up and see a grinning Wartortle that goes by the name of Franklin looking down at you. “T–!” He almost began to speak loudly by Axel cut him off with a light tackle and quickly explained the situation to him telepathically so that he would know to be quiet. You can see that Franklin is also holding what appears to be Ivan’s phone and Ivan certainly doesn’t seem to be present right now so there is a good chance that Ivan has no idea what is happening.

Franklin puts on his best war face, tucks Ivan’s phone into his shell, and then begins to army crawl up the hill you were looking over, which is adorable but you have an objective right now! You both get back into position around the same time and Franklin immediately reacts once he gets a good look at the pair out there. His war face is gone and now he is just smiling with excitement. “Waaarrrtortle!!!” He gets up and begins to charge over the hill toward the men. “The hell???” Greg seems to be very confused as he watches Franklin run toward them. Joe turns around and immediately recognizes the turtle Pokemon. “Ah! It’s Franklin!” Joe gets a huge smile on his face once he sees the familiar Pokemon approaching. “You know this Pokemon?” Greg asks. “Of course! He’s one of my partners Pokemon! Normally, I’d remind you that it’s bad to run off on your own when Ivan isn’t watching but you couldn’t have shown up at a better time Franklin! We need your help!” Franklin carefully avoids the sludge and goes right up to Joe who guides him over to the cart. Greg looks visibly bothered by this entire situation. “Alright Franklin, could you use your Water Gun to help me clean off these poor guys?” Franklin nods and prepares himself to help out when Greg suddenly interjects. “No!” Both Joe and Franklin turn their attention toward Greg. “What’s wrong? The sooner these two are cleaned up, the better.” Joe is a bit confused at Greg’s reaction. “Yes. Right. You’re right. Start cleaning them up.” Greg is shifting around a bit uncomfortably now. Meanwhile, Joe turns his back toward Greg and Franklin begins to gently soak the two Pokemon. As you watch, Greg quickly runs over to the two Trubbish and kneels down toward them, whispering something to them.

Suddenly, while Joe’s back is still turned and Franklin is distracted with helping, both of the Trubbish shoot off a bunch of Sludge at both Joe and Franklin! Tank wasn’t paying attention the entire time before this moment but noticed that and began to buck, kicking the cart loose and running off. “Ackk!!! Tank!!” “Tooort!!” Joe is now trying to get his shirt off since that seemed to get hit by the most of it while also tripping and stumbling in the direction Tank ran but he soon gives up on attempting to chase. Franklin is now using his own Water Gun on himself to clean up the best he can. “They’ve gone mad!! They’re crazy!! And I don’t have any Pokemon to help!” Greg is now yelling and acting like he is shocked. The Trubbish have now turned on Franklin and Joe notices this so he goes for one of his Pokemon’s balls but they are all covered in sludge so he’s having a hard time getting them to work at the moment. “Shit! This is not good… Franklin! Buddy! You’ve got this!” Joe is trying to encourage the Wartortle who is now being overwhelmed with Sludge since the Trubbish don’t seem to be letting up. Joe is desperately trying to get the sludge off of his pokeballs and Greg is just standing there repeatedly saying he wishes he could help. Joe looks back at poor Franklin and grits his teeth since he is feeling very helpless in this situation. “Franklin!! You know Rapid Spin don’t you? Try using that! It might get some of that sludge off! I know you’re not my Pokemon but I think we’re going to have to work together on this one, bud!” Joe attempts to come up with some type of solution as he continues to work on getting one of his own Pokemon out. Franklin listens to Joe and begins to Rapidly Spin in the sludge which is just flinging it everywhere and making even more of a mess, droplets are even hitting both Joe and Greg, but if he keeps it up he might manage to clean himself up enough to retaliate. What will you do?

--------------------

myahoo – Samuel had only managed to create a very small gap between you before you decided that you wanted to go along with him. So, you quickly return Signal to his ball and jog a bit to catch up. “Oh! Hey there!” He acknowledges you with a smile. You explain what happened and that Wildfire was knocked out during that battle and he nods. “Well, I don’t have the normal kind of healing equipment that they do in the ranger’s cabins but I do have lots of healing items. So, I’m sure I can find something that will fix your starter right up! It’s the least I can do after you took care of that kid. Quite a shame that is. That boy does have a lot of potential but he’s clearly making bad decisions.” You mention your poor luck and that your search will probably have to come to an end today and Samuel raises an eyebrow. “Oh, so you’re searching for something? Well, don’t let me stop you! It’s great that you have an objective! Ah, here we are!”

You have arrived at a woodcutter’s cabin in the forest. It’s basically exactly what you’d expect, a cabin that has been build using wooden logs. “Come in, come in.” Samuel opens the front door and gestures for you to enter and so you do. The inside is also what you’d expect, all of the furniture is also made out of wood with the addition of cushions on the couch. “I’ll take your Pokemon, I have to take this little guy upstairs since that is where my first aid stuff is. I can heal your Chinchou too if you’d like.” You hand him your Pokemon’s balls and off he goes. You sit on the couch and wait, after only a few minutes you hear the pitter patter of little feet running down the steps. “Quil quil!!” Wildfire charges into the room with you, carrying Signals ball as well. Samuel still hasn’t come down yet so you continue to wait but it doesn’t take much longer. He eventually comes down carrying the now conscious Poochyena! The pup has a bandage wrapped around its back leg but it seems to be in good spirits since it almost seems like it’s smiling in the trial captain’s arms. Once he reaches the bottom step he puts the Poochyena down and it lets out a happy howl. “This little guy should be good as new in a few days. Someone has to keep an eye on him until his leg heals so he’ll probably have to stay here for a bit but after that he can go back out into the forest.” Samuel then reaches into a small bag he had also carried down. “Now, for the reward that I promised! I always keep some extra stuff on hand for times like these. I actually had some things I figured might be appropriate to give considering you just stopped someone from burning down the forest.” He chuckles a bit as he pulls out the bags contents. “How’s about this, I have TM Incinerate as well as the hold item Charcoal for you. I’d also like to give you $500.” He hands you all of the things mentioned. “Welp, I don’t want to keep you since I know you said you were searching for something. I’m not sure if there is any way I can help with that? However, as a trial captain it is my duty to offer trainers the chance to challenge my trial if they pass through here. My trial is a log-cutting competition and I am always ready for new challengers! Of course, you can continue your search if you’d like, I’ll be here all day so you can stop by anytime!”

You’ve Obtained
x1 TM Incinerate
x1 Charcoal
$500 Pokedollars
Old 10-05-2017, 08:54 PM   #328
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
War of the Roses

As the audience roared with applause, Petunia took the stage and approached the microphone. “And there you have it folks! What a beautiful display, let’s give another hand for our wonderful contestants!” The audience cheered once more as the contestants took a bow. The four flower queens joined Petunia on the stage. It had been a long day of eventful challenges, but they remained as composed as ever, not wanting to drop their majestic facades.

“Well, that concludes our event,” Petunia continued, smiling. “You all have been a fantastic group, so I thank all of you for making this event so enjoyable and successful! From the water balloon fight to the scavenger hunt to the beauty pageant, all of your individual and team points have been tallied, so it’s finally time to announce the winner! Now, if my colleagues could please present us with the final scores, we can announce our winners!”

Peony joined Petunia on stage and pulled an envelope out of her purse and presented it to Petunia. Meanwhile, Poppy and Persimmon rolled out the scoreboard signpost, but it had been covered up to draw out the suspense. Petunia opened up the envelope and pulled out the results of the final scores. A smile crept onto her face. Clearing her throat, she addressed the crowd once more.

~~~~~~~

“Alright, here we go! In fourth place comes Team Bellossom with 11 total points! Let’s give them a round of applause!” The audience cheered as Poppy removed part of the cover that was blocking the scoreboard, showing Bellossom’s name with 4 Team Points and 7 Individual Points. The disappointment on Bellossom’s face was apparent, but she continued to smile innocently through it all and blew a kiss to her team, thanking them for all their effort.

“Next up, we have a tie! With 14 total points, we have Teams Roserade and Tsareena! Let’s give them a hand!” The audience cheered once more as Persimmon and Poppy revealed more of the scoreboard. Roserade finished with 8 Team Points and 6 Individual Points while Tsareena finished with 9 Team Points and 5 Individual Points. Tsareena and Roserade shot each other annoyed glances before turning to wave proudly at their respective teams.

Petunia broke into a grin as Lilligant smugly put her hands on her hips, beaming. “And finally, we have our winning team by a landslide, Team Lilligant with 22 total points! Great job guys! Let’s give them a round of applause!” The audience erupted its loudest as Persimmon revealed the final score on the scoreboard. Team Lilligant finished with 10 Team Points and a perfect 12 Individual Points. Lilligant continued to beam proudly, waving to her team in gratitude.

~~~~~~~

Poppy and Persimmon rejoined Petunia and Peony on stage. “Now, as we proceed to hand out prizes for the event, our wonderful hostess and sponsor of the Rose Garden will present Lilligant with the crown of victory!” As the garden volunteers brought out a number of items, Primrose Nightingale approached Lilligant with a tiara in her hands. It was a beautiful silver crown with some diamonds and rose-shaped rubies set on it. Lilligant elegantly lowered her head as Primrose placed it before the petals of her flowery crown. “Congratulations,” Primrose said with a warm smile. Lilligant smiled back and lifted her leafy skirt to curtsy. Bellossom, Roserade, and Tsareena rolled their eyes as Lilligant basked in her victory before the three flower queens exited the stage and went to thank their individual teams personally.

By now the volunteers had set up a small table and laid out an assortment of items. “First up is the prize to our winning team; Team Lilligant! Congratulations!” Petunia cheered as Rorik, Alex, and Lucas came on the stage to claim their prizes. “Next up is a prize to the contestants with the top three Individual Points! Congratulations Alex, who finished with 18 Individual Points, Rorik who finished with 14 Individual Points, and Drew who finished with 13 Individual Points!” As the three trainers came up to get their prizes, the scoreboard showed the rest of everyone’s points. With 12 points was Alice, with 11 points was Melissa, Chroma, and Hiero, with 10 points was Jess and Lucas, with 9 points was Seiko, and lastly was Sypher with 3 and Elka with 0.

“The next prize is the participation prize, because without your active involvement throughout the entire event from start to finish, the event wouldn’t have been as successful as it was! Come on up, Drew, Jess, Melissa, Lucas, Rorik, Alex, Chroma, and Alice!” The audience cheered as everyone came up to claim their prizes. “And last but not least, the final prize is the consolation prize; for everyone to enjoy! Thank you all for participating!”

Everyone
Petunia grinned and watched as everyone claimed their prizes. “Once again I’d like to thank everyone for your participation and support to make this event a smash success! One last announcement that we would like to share from the Rose Garden is that effective immediately, our very own Primrose is now the newest Trial Captain of the Cloud Garden! She may be young, but don’t underestimate her!” Primrose smiled bashfully and bowed before the crowd. She wasn’t used to all of the attention, but she tried her best to confidently face the crowd.

“So with that, I offer congratulations to her and gratitude to you all for coming out today! We hope to see you visit the Rose Garden again soon!” The audience cheered one final time before they began to disperse. As people made their way out of the Rose Garden, a chilling breeze blew across the mountainside. Higher up the mountain, a few snowflakes could be spotted before they melted in the atmosphere.
Alice was relieved that the catwalk performance had made a decent impact, and even more wickedly gleeful that some groups had been lacking participation in the last round. Goodness knows they had plenty letting their own team down, what with someone vanishing before the first round had even begun. It was probably too late to win, but at least it might help close the gap and make their disappointing Tsareena a tad less hurtful for the should-be-queen.

Still, it was important to lose gracefully, and Alice and her striking Torchic moved to observe the stage. She had her arms sort-of folded, letting the bird perch firmly with his claws about her arms. It hurt a little, and Alice would regret it, but the trainer seemed to think it was silly fun so there they were. It had to stop when the adult wanted to clap, though, which the blonde did with more enthusiasm upon learning that their team hadn't come in dead last. Another kiss and a whisper of smugness reached the fiery bird, and Alice's cheers and whooping picked up in volume and joy when they were called. Being tied wasn't a bad thing!

The participant headed up to the stage, holding up her glamorous little prince for the crowd to give encore calls and claps to, twirling and curtsying dramatically for effect while waiting in line. Seeing the prizes available to her, Alice was more than happy with her haul, the weight of defeat lifting significantly. In her opinion, the items earned were better than first place, so they couldn't argue with that. Alice set Blaze down onto the counter while she popped her pieces away, shaking hands with the gifters (Blaze offered his little tufts of wing and bowed), and after a bit of time mingling, expressing her gratitude to those attending and behind the scenes, they were off on their next adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Meetan – You decide that at this point there is no getting out of this. You can’t just walk away from whatever this is because everything you’ve seen so far is just completely wrong. On top of it, Duchess is out there and is not in a good position right now. Axel is in agreement, this isn’t something that either of you can just forget about. Now that your device is on silent, you snap a few more pictures and send them over to Ivan. Even if he does respond, it won’t make a sound blowing your cover like it did the last time. You follow for a few minutes and finally the man that goes by Joe stops his Mudbray, Tank. “Hey, I’m going to check on those two.” He walks over to the cart and begins to look over Duchess and the mystery Pokemon. You are laying on your stomach looking over the hill with Axel to your right. You’re very focused on watched what he’s doing so you don’t notice that someone is coming up behind you. Next thing you know, there is a whisper in your left ear. “Tortle…” You jump so hard that you begin to roll down the hill, completely freaked out by the unexpected intrusion. You look up and see a grinning Wartortle that goes by the name of Franklin looking down at you. “T–!” He almost began to speak loudly by Axel cut him off with a light tackle and quickly explained the situation to him telepathically so that he would know to be quiet. You can see that Franklin is also holding what appears to be Ivan’s phone and Ivan certainly doesn’t seem to be present right now so there is a good chance that Ivan has no idea what is happening.

Franklin puts on his best war face, tucks Ivan’s phone into his shell, and then begins to army crawl up the hill you were looking over, which is adorable but you have an objective right now! You both get back into position around the same time and Franklin immediately reacts once he gets a good look at the pair out there. His war face is gone and now he is just smiling with excitement. “Waaarrrtortle!!!” He gets up and begins to charge over the hill toward the men. “The hell???” Greg seems to be very confused as he watches Franklin run toward them. Joe turns around and immediately recognizes the turtle Pokemon. “Ah! It’s Franklin!” Joe gets a huge smile on his face once he sees the familiar Pokemon approaching. “You know this Pokemon?” Greg asks. “Of course! He’s one of my partners Pokemon! Normally, I’d remind you that it’s bad to run off on your own when Ivan isn’t watching but you couldn’t have shown up at a better time Franklin! We need your help!” Franklin carefully avoids the sludge and goes right up to Joe who guides him over to the cart. Greg looks visibly bothered by this entire situation. “Alright Franklin, could you use your Water Gun to help me clean off these poor guys?” Franklin nods and prepares himself to help out when Greg suddenly interjects. “No!” Both Joe and Franklin turn their attention toward Greg. “What’s wrong? The sooner these two are cleaned up, the better.” Joe is a bit confused at Greg’s reaction. “Yes. Right. You’re right. Start cleaning them up.” Greg is shifting around a bit uncomfortably now. Meanwhile, Joe turns his back toward Greg and Franklin begins to gently soak the two Pokemon. As you watch, Greg quickly runs over to the two Trubbish and kneels down toward them, whispering something to them.

Suddenly, while Joe’s back is still turned and Franklin is distracted with helping, both of the Trubbish shoot off a bunch of Sludge at both Joe and Franklin! Tank wasn’t paying attention the entire time before this moment but noticed that and began to buck, kicking the cart loose and running off. “Ackk!!! Tank!!” “Tooort!!” Joe is now trying to get his shirt off since that seemed to get hit by the most of it while also tripping and stumbling in the direction Tank ran but he soon gives up on attempting to chase. Franklin is now using his own Water Gun on himself to clean up the best he can. “They’ve gone mad!! They’re crazy!! And I don’t have any Pokemon to help!” Greg is now yelling and acting like he is shocked. The Trubbish have now turned on Franklin and Joe notices this so he goes for one of his Pokemon’s balls but they are all covered in sludge so he’s having a hard time getting them to work at the moment. “Shit! This is not good… Franklin! Buddy! You’ve got this!” Joe is trying to encourage the Wartortle who is now being overwhelmed with Sludge since the Trubbish don’t seem to be letting up. Joe is desperately trying to get the sludge off of his pokeballs and Greg is just standing there repeatedly saying he wishes he could help. Joe looks back at poor Franklin and grits his teeth since he is feeling very helpless in this situation. “Franklin!! You know Rapid Spin don’t you? Try using that! It might get some of that sludge off! I know you’re not my Pokemon but I think we’re going to have to work together on this one, bud!” Joe attempts to come up with some type of solution as he continues to work on getting one of his own Pokemon out. Franklin listens to Joe and begins to Rapidly Spin in the sludge which is just flinging it everywhere and making even more of a mess, droplets are even hitting both Joe and Greg, but if he keeps it up he might manage to clean himself up enough to retaliate. What will you do?
Alice had had enough scares for one day, and this certainly wasn't helping her out. She almost gave away their position from Franklin's surprise, and Axel had to slow her from just rolling away entirely, using his powers to help his trainer come back. Her sugars were high from all of the adrenaline and stress, more than their walking could combat, and it was something the Pokemon would need to keep an eye on given that her hands weren't clean enough for her to even bother checking them if they had the time. Seeing who the jumper was had the trainer relieved and irritated. Why couldn't people keep a fucking hold on their Pokemon and kids? If Ivan really couldn't leave the shack, this was now absurd. She might as well take up poaching herself and forcibly adopt the water type, at least she had a tight enough attention on her own shit not to get her phone stolen by her own Pokemon. Arceus wept.

-- And then Franklin had ran off. So maybe not. Alice facepalmed, but at least Joe seemed to back up his own story by knowing the creature, so that was helpful and reassuring. Franklin could now be the Ranger's problem. "Look at that guy's face. He's so obviously a fucking menace." The stalker leered, her Pokemon silent but in agreement in spite of that. It was good to see Dutchess getting cleaned off, but that didn't last long, and once again Alice's panic flared. They just couldn't get a break. "Shit. Here we go. Axel, we gotta get down there before they get poisoned to death and that guy steals all of those Pokemon!"

Axel subtly nodded his head, and in seconds they warped down the hill, appearing behind Greg for the sake of shock value. The Abra conveyed his own thoughts to her: if Tank belonged to Joe, then they need not worry about where Dutchess ended up so long as the cart didn't break or the Mudbray didn't crash. Joe could probably be trusted and that meant they would find her in the end. That was one thing off their list. Alice pulled out a second Pokemon, who she threw more obviously into the fray, alerting the villain of their presence if he hadn't noticed it already.

"Mimi, use barrier, and then confusion on this guy to keep him from trying to run loose! Axel, you know what I want from you!" Indeed he did. The Pokemon started off with blow back, intending to fling one of the Trubbish away only to use zen headbutt and fire punch on the other. Mimi was visibly more startled by the chaos around her, the sludge going around causing the baby to whimper and duck about. She tried to carry out her moves anyway, hoping that this battle wouldn't go the same way as the last.

Last edited by Meetan; 10-05-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:19 PM   #329
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master – Percy was loving this, it was obvious to him that Miror was totally buying his story. The Pokemon had kept up the act the entire time and made sure to appear very intrigued. Once Percy paused, Miror gave a very enthusiastic response so he prepared to continue speaking but then, you cut in. When you asked about the orchard that Percy had mentioned it snapped him out of whatever train of thought he had while making him jump and briefly looking at you completely startled. It would seem that he forgot about your presence in the minute or so it had been since you last spoke. “Ah–! Uhhh... Orchard? Yes. The orchard!” Percy nervously rubs the back of his head with his right arm and turns his attention back to Miror. “Why yes, little one! There is a place called Oran Orchard that is nearby! It is just over those hills that way!” The man points to the east. “They have an abundance of Nanab Berries! I’d go over there myself but this ol’ back of mine ain’t what it used to be! Heh heh heh.” Percy looks thoughtful for a moment and decides to speak again, “There is one thing that’s very important. Don’t tell anyone that you met me. It’s just that, if others know about me then they will want all of my stuff too and I only have so much to offer. You wouldn’t want to miss out because you went and told others that–”

He notices something that makes him instantly uneasy. “Well then!” He shoves the container of apple cores into his bag and gathers all of the miscellaneous things he has laying around his bag and sloppily shoves them all into it then he roughly pulls on a drawstring in order to close it. “I will be back at this spot later! The deal still stands!” He stands up and quickly throws the bag over his shoulder. “I uh… Just had something come up so I’ll be on my way now! Don’t forget our little deal!” And with that, he completely books it out of there at full speed, you soon see something fall out of his bag as he goes but he moves too fast for you to even tell him. For someone who supposedly has a bad back he sure can run. You take a moment to look at your surroundings, just to check if there is anything out of the ordinary that would cause him to take off like that. The only thing you notice is that behind you, in the direction Percy was facing, there is a male ranger casually walking by with a Lillipup beside him. Neither of them are paying any attention to you, they just seem to be slowly passing through. You go over to the item that Percy dropped and pick it up, looks like it’s a Xtransceiver. Most people choose to wear these on their wrists but this one fell from his bag. It also requires a passcode in order to go into it so you won’t be able to dig through it for any information. What will you do?
Gavin suppressed a snicker- Miror was playing his part well, and the con artist had no idea of just how skeptical and suspicious the Maractus really was. It occurred to Gavin that he might make for a decent con artist himself. Certainly, having grown up in Pyrite Town, he'd seen a true master or two at work. But that wasn't what he was about. That sort of a life didn't appeal to him in the slightest. His path in life was that of the Shiny hunter. But right now, this was something he just had to get to the bottom of.

How quickly Percy seemed to forget Gavin was standing right there, though! And how quickly he turned his attention right back to Miror to answer Gavin's question. Gavin wasn't sure whether to be amused or insulted by this, but he didn't dwell on it for all that long, considering he was getting the answer nonetheless- Oran Orchard was supposedly abundant in Nanab Berries. He then asked Miror to not tell anyone about him, supposedly because of how swamped with requests he'd be for all his stuff. Miror nodded as innocently as he could, suppressing what threatened to be uncontrollable laughter- for indeed, if he were to tell anybody about this man, he sure as hell wouldn't be doing so to advertise.

At that moment, however, Percy hastened to clean up his garbage and flee like a Raikou, which made his tales of a bad back even less credible than Gavin thought them to be in the first place. Something fell out of his bag, but he was out of earshot before it even hit the ground, so Gavin wasted not an ounce of energy trying to alert Percy to this. "What kind of idiot does he take you for?" Gavin chuckled. "And acting like I ain't even there half the time?"

"Marac, Maractus," chuckled Miror.

"Yeah, he's a fucking nutcase," nodded Gavin. "The hell even scared him off- oh, of course," he chuckled, shaking his head as he saw the ranger, with a relatively harmless puppy by his side. A puppy the likes of which Gavin had never seen in Orre before, though, so out came his P*DA, and on went the Strategy Memo.

"Lillipup, the Puppy Pokémon. Type: Normal," droned the device. "Faces strong opponents with great courage, but has the sense to flee when at a disadvantage."

"Heh, it's just like in Pyrite," smirked Gavin. "Replace the ranger with Duking, or Chief Sherles, or... well, no, maybe not Officer Johnson," he chuckled. "Any Pyrite crook worth his salt knows Johnson's an idiot."

While Gavin was reminiscing, Miror had hopped over to the dropped item. "Marac! Maractus!" he called to Gavin, scooping up the object.

"Hmm? Wh- shit, that's an Xtransceiver, isn't it?" said Gavin, noticing what Miror had picked up. "Well, maybe we can use this," he added, taking the device from his Maractus. "Go in here, dig up some dirt on the guy, and of fucking course it requires a passcode," he sighed, rolling his eyes. "OK, scratch that, if we want to find out what's going on, maybe we gotta play along," he decided. "He wants us to go to Oran Orchard? I say we go there, see exactly why he won't, because sure as shit it's not because of his back."

"Rrrractus!" agreed Miror.

"That's settled, then," grinned Gavin, leading the way towards the hills Percy had indicated.
"Oran Orchard, here we come!"
Old 10-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #330
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
War of the Roses

Myahoo- Bellossom was the last Queen to be presented on stage. While you and Fawn decided on her outfit, she practiced choreography for how she would dance onstage. You rifled through the accessories, picking up and putting down different items. You make your way over with your items and Bellossom looks excited, clapping her little hands together. You tied the Crimson Scarf around Bellossom’s neck. She pointed from it to the flowers on her head, indicating that they matched. She then moved her arms out of the way to let you tie the Frilly Apron around her waist. You then handed her the Red Parasol, which she rested on her shoulder while holding it with both hands. Before you sent her onstage, Fawn suggested you finish off the outfit with the Headband. Bellossom seemed delighted by it as you placed it on her head.

“Introducing the matron of everything adorable, the flowery Queen Bellossom! Aww!” Peony squees as she sees Bellossom make her way onto the stage. “This ensemble is put together by Jess!” Bellossom sways her hips from side to side, making a swishing noise with her leaves. She performed a short dance sequence involving a lot of jumping and opening and closing the parasol. At the end of her dance she curtseys with the apron. She then takes off the crimson scarf and dances around with it while twirling it in the air. She lets out a burst of Magical Leaves before making her way off stage. There was plenty of applause while everyone waited for the judges to write down their scores. A 90 was held up by Primrose, an 80 from Madoka, and 85 from Samuel. “A solid average of 85! Wonderful, Jess and Bellossom!”
-------
The audience cheers out the name of their favorite contestants, and chanting starts for each team. Peony takes center stage and gestures to the judge table. She gives a sign to the crowd to quiet down.
“Ok everyone, that is the end of the pageant round! Thank you so much for your participation!! Now I want to hand things over to Petunia for the announcement of the final results! Bye!!!” Peony gives a peace sign and a wink and skips off stage.

Quote:
War of the Roses

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

Melissa and Fawn watched Queen Bellossom make her appeal, scoring a solid 85, but, after watching the other teams' appeals, she was pretty sure they weren't winning first place. She waited nervously for the score announcement, hoping they didn't end up in last place at least, and could only sigh as they did.

"Ah, well," she said, exchanging looks with Fawn. "We tried our best."

They listened patiently through the announcement of the other teams' placements and then Queen Lilligant's crowning, applauding along where appropriate. When Petunia called people up for prizes, though, Melissa glanced over in surprise.

"Wait, we get prizes?" She watched three of the other participants head over to grab their items. "Huh. Must've forgotten about that in all the games."

Another set of scores was revealed and Melissa immediately looked for her own name.

"Eh, not too bad. Probably could've done better, but-" She shrugged. "Oh, I registered Cirrus, but never used him, huh?" She glanced down at Fawn again. "Hopefully, he's not too put out that he didn't get a chance to play."

She looked over as her name was called and made her way up to the prize table, picking up another Z-Crystal, a Leaf Stone, two TMs, 5 Rare Candies, and a Miracle Seed.

"Wow, that's a pretty good set of prizes. Much better than we would've gotten before," she said to herself. She put them away and clapped as Primrose was announced as the newest Trial Captain, listening to the closing statements before turning to leave.

"Well, that was fun. Let's stop by at home before figuring out where to go next, hm?"

---

Claiming: 1x Grassium-Z, 1x Leaf Stone, 1x TM Sunny Day, 1x TM Energy Ball, 5x Rare Candies, 1x Miracle Seed

Thanks for the event, Gary, Patches, and morningstar!
Old 10-06-2017, 01:55 AM   #331
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
myahoo – Samuel had only managed to create a very small gap between you before you decided that you wanted to go along with him. So, you quickly return Signal to his ball and jog a bit to catch up. “Oh! Hey there!” He acknowledges you with a smile. You explain what happened and that Wildfire was knocked out during that battle and he nods. “Well, I don’t have the normal kind of healing equipment that they do in the ranger’s cabins but I do have lots of healing items. So, I’m sure I can find something that will fix your starter right up! It’s the least I can do after you took care of that kid. Quite a shame that is. That boy does have a lot of potential but he’s clearly making bad decisions.” You mention your poor luck and that your search will probably have to come to an end today and Samuel raises an eyebrow. “Oh, so you’re searching for something? Well, don’t let me stop you! It’s great that you have an objective! Ah, here we are!”

You have arrived at a woodcutter’s cabin in the forest. It’s basically exactly what you’d expect, a cabin that has been build using wooden logs. “Come in, come in.” Samuel opens the front door and gestures for you to enter and so you do. The inside is also what you’d expect, all of the furniture is also made out of wood with the addition of cushions on the couch. “I’ll take your Pokemon, I have to take this little guy upstairs since that is where my first aid stuff is. I can heal your Chinchou too if you’d like.” You hand him your Pokemon’s balls and off he goes. You sit on the couch and wait, after only a few minutes you hear the pitter patter of little feet running down the steps. “Quil quil!!” Wildfire charges into the room with you, carrying Signals ball as well. Samuel still hasn’t come down yet so you continue to wait but it doesn’t take much longer. He eventually comes down carrying the now conscious Poochyena! The pup has a bandage wrapped around its back leg but it seems to be in good spirits since it almost seems like it’s smiling in the trial captain’s arms. Once he reaches the bottom step he puts the Poochyena down and it lets out a happy howl. “This little guy should be good as new in a few days. Someone has to keep an eye on him until his leg heals so he’ll probably have to stay here for a bit but after that he can go back out into the forest.” Samuel then reaches into a small bag he had also carried down. “Now, for the reward that I promised! I always keep some extra stuff on hand for times like these. I actually had some things I figured might be appropriate to give considering you just stopped someone from burning down the forest.” He chuckles a bit as he pulls out the bags contents. “How’s about this, I have TM Incinerate as well as the hold item Charcoal for you. I’d also like to give you $500.” He hands you all of the things mentioned. “Welp, I don’t want to keep you since I know you said you were searching for something. I’m not sure if there is any way I can help with that? However, as a trial captain it is my duty to offer trainers the chance to challenge my trial if they pass through here. My trial is a log-cutting competition and I am always ready for new challengers! Of course, you can continue your search if you’d like, I’ll be here all day so you can stop by anytime!”

You’ve Obtained
x1 TM Incinerate
x1 Charcoal
$500 Pokedollars
"Well, I don't have the normal kind of healing equipment that they do in the ranger's cabins but I do have lots of healing items. So, I'm sure I can find something that will fix your starter right up! It's the least I can do after you took care of that kid. Quite a shame that is. That boy does have a lot of potential but he's clearly making bad decisions."

Melissa only hummed her acknowledgement, keeping her thoughts about the kid to herself. "It was no problem. He was being inconsiderate of, well, everyone and everything and being a...bit immature." She shrugged. "And with a Fire-type starter, I could've been framed for it, so I figured I might as well take care of the situation before it came back to bite me."

"Oh, so you're searching for something? Well, don't let me stop you! It's great that you have an objective! Ah, here we are!"

It was a woodcutter's log cabin in the forest. A stereotypical log cabin in the woods. Melissa...hadn't thought that was an actual thing.

"Come in, come in."

Samuel opened the front door and gestured Melissa in, where she handed Wildfire and Signal's Pokéballs to Samuel. She then took a seat on the couch to wait. A few minutes later, the familiar cadence of Wildfire's steps approached and Melissa turned with a wide grin to see her starter charge at her, carrying Signal's Pokéball. He leaped onto the couch and handed Signal's Pokéball over, which Melissa returned to her belt before scooping Wildfire up and cuddling him.

"Looks like we've still got some things to work on, huh?"

"Quil!" He nodded his head vehemently. Water-Ground dual-types were a pain.

The two of them glanced up as Samuel returned, carrying the now-conscious Poochyena. It looked to be none the worse for wear after its fight with the kid's Scyther, which was a relief. It let out a happy howl once Samuel set it back on its feet.

"This little guy should be good as new in a few days. Someone has to keep an eye on him until his leg heals so he'll probably have to stay here for a bit but after that he can go back out into the forest. Now, for the reward I promised!" Melissa looked back at him. "I always keep some extra stuff on hand for times like these. I actually had some things I figured might be appropriate to give considering you just stopped someone from burning down the forest." He chuckled as he pulled stuff out of the bag, while Melissa raised an eyebrow. "How's about this, I have TM Incinerate as well as the hold item Charcoal for you. I'd also like to give you $500."

"Oh, thank you." Melissa blinked at her reward, a bit surprised. She quickly tucked everything into her bag as Samuel continued speaking.

"Welp, I don't want to keep you since I know you said you were searching for something. I'm not sure if there is any way I can hep with that? However, as a trial captain it is my duty to offer trainers the chance to challenge my trial if they pass through here. My trial is a log-cutting competition and I am alway ready for new challengers! Of course, you can continue your search if you'd like, I'll be here all day so you can stop by anytime!"

Melissa nodded thoughtfully and took a moment to stretch before shooting Samuel a wry smile. "You wouldn't happen to know where I could find a Pidgey, would you? I've apparently had some terrible luck finding them since I've come to Fizzytopia. If not, that's fine; I can just challenge your trial now and try again another day."

Collecting 1x TM Incinerate, 1x Charcoal, and $500.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #332
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

TheKnightsFury:
“Nice to meet you, Jayson,” Samuel smiled with a firm grip to the handshake, “Sam or Samuel’s fine. Some even call me Flint!” He chuckled and helped out as Jayson and his Pokemon loaded up Boudicca’s back with bundles of firewood. Being used as a pack mule was probably far from the Mudsdale’s dignified pride, but Boudicca’s powerful and sturdy body made her the perfect candidate. As they loaded her up, Jayson asked Samuel about a training regimen for his Scyther.

Samuel grinned and started up the trail that Jayson had just come from. “No problem! Let’s drop this firewood off at my cabin and then we’ll give your Scyther there a few pointers!” The two trainers and the group of Pokemon headed back up the trail, quickly passing the previous fork in the road. They proceeded further up the previously unchosen path in the direction of Samuel’s cabin. Soon enough they came upon a clearing with a quaint log cabin in the middle. Some smoke wafted out of the chimney while a rather large mountain of chopped firewood was stacked off to the side. “I appreciate it; this was a big help,” he said while gently patting Boudicca on the nose. He then unloaded the firewood and added it to his pile. For her hard work, Boudicca has gained 1 level!

Once the labor was over, Samuel invited Jayson and his Pokemon to follow him around the back of the cabin. There was a small ring of stumps where trees had been previously cut down. “This is where I like to do my training,” he began while pulling out a pair of Pokeballs. Tossing them into the clearing, a Scyther and a Sudowoodo appeared before them. The Scyther immediately took notice of Spartacus, narrowing his eyes and showing off his sharpened scythes which seemed to glisten in the sunlight. “Hah! Looks like Reaper’s found himself a new rival! Alright Reaper, let’s show them how it’s done!”

The Scyther snapped to attention and quickly nodded. The Sudowoodo turned to face the crowd, revealing an X-shaped battle scar of chipped rock on his chest. Reaper met eyes with the Sudowoodo, who steeled himself, ready to take an attack. The Scyther’s blades began to glow a soft white before in one quick motion he darted forward and hit the Sudowoodo right on the X. “And that’s how you do it,” Samuel said with a smile. “Now it’s your turn. Let’s see if you can hit ol’ Petro here with the same attack three times in the same spot. Don’t worry about hurting him; he’s a lot tougher than he looks. I doubt he’ll make it easy on you either!” On cue, the Sudowoodo flexed his twig-like arms with a mischievous smirk on his face. “Here’s the rules, just like my trial: You’re welcome to change up your attacks, but using slashing moves are going to be what gets the job done. Let’s keep things simple though, so limit yourself to two attacks per attempt so that things don’t get too muddled up. If you can hit him on the X three times in the next couple of attempts, I think Spartacus will have everything he needs to learn the technique!”

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 10-07-2017, 04:51 PM   #333
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
War of the Roses

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

Rorik, Lucas, & Alex
Alex, Rorik, & Drew
Everyone

Rorik stood there in pure disbelief, hearing the crowd's cheers as the event organizers ran down the numbers. As they said his name three times.

"What just... but how could..."

The Professor wasn't completely clueless, of course. He admitted to harbouring the tiniest flicker of hope that he would do well in the team score on the back of Alex and Lucas's clearly superior training skills - without them, Lilligant would've never been able to turn out so lovely as she had. But he'd never expected his team to win by such a landslide... and he certainly didn't expect to win any sort of individual prize on top of it all!

Especially after we did so poorly in that water balloon round... Did I do that well afterwards?

He'd won awards before, but all of them had been academic milestones or standout publications. To actually be selected among the best Trainers of a real outdoors event... How much of it had been dumb luck, and what part of his success could be attributed to skill?

If you asked my father, none of it.

When the ceremony was over, Rorik was holding more gifts than he could carry. He would have been glad to simply be allowed to leave unharmed, but as it turned out, the Garden Rulers were actually benevolent and extremely magnanimous! Still, in fairness, these presents weren't his to keep. If not for the contribution of his two partners, Rorik would've never made it out of Lilligant's domains, let alone succeed in the ordeal.

Clumsily, dropping a couple of items as he tried, Rorik somehow managed to reach for his PokeBalls and release Munchlax and Stahl, the shiny Starmie who had evolved in this very event.

"Congratulations my friends," he said cheerily. "These here are for you! Come on, you deserve it all. You really, really do!"

They had both been absolutely remarkable, each in their own way. Stahl remained flawlessly dedicated throughout, racking up success after success both in the intelectual and the physical tests. Munchlax, in turn, had stepped up to the plate admirably, defending "his" Queen like a sworn knight despite Rorik's expectations, and demonstrating unbelievable creativity in the last stage of the challenge... Only a few months ago, the bear would've categotically ignored all of these tasks in favour of food and sleep. It was truly miraculous to witness how much stronger their bond had grown overtime...

Before the group took their leave, they said their goodbyes to the victorious Lilligant, whose own gratitude was manifested by one last, very special gift: placing her hands on Stahl's and Munchlax's heads, the Queen imparted her knowledge upon the two Pokemon, teaching each of them a technique neither of their species should be able to learn: the starfish was entrusted with Giga Drain, while the bear received Energy Ball!

"Th-thank you, Lilligant," Rorik managed to say with a respectful bow. "I'm glad we could be of service... maybe we'll cross paths again in the future!"

As he finally left the Ruler's domains, Rorik kept going in search of his next adventure, elated over his unexpected success in this ordeal. And all the while, the emerald-like Crystal received as reward was clutched his right hand, because even after all was said and done, one last question lingered in the Professor's mind.

Am I really the right person to wield the power of a Z-Crystal?...

----

Claiming the quoted prizes.
Teaching TM Energy Ball to Munchlax, Giga Drain to Starmie, Sunny Day + Solar Beam to Charmander.

Thank you so much for this great event! My heartfelt congratulations to Gary, Patches and morningstar for handling it like pros and keeping things interesting from start to finish!
Old 10-07-2017, 05:26 PM   #334
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:

Maskerade:
As you patted Staryu with praise, it spat several bubbles in happiness. It watched you as you mumbled aloud some parts of the riddle, listening for anything that might stand out. This time, the words on the page felt different. Perhaps you were being rewarded for making it this far. Still, the answer came to you in a flash along with a flood of memories. You spoke the answer aloud, “Fire”, and Staryu’s gem blinked a few times in agreement. You again called upon your other partner, and Munchlax appeared before you in the cave. He let out a loud yawn that echoed throughout the room. After rubbing his eyes, the Pokemon looked refreshed from the short break you had allowed him. He paid surprisingly close attention as you explained your plan.

You took to different sides of the cavernous room, looking over the eight torches that lined the wall. Munchlax sniffed the air beneath one that was a bit too high for him to reach. The torch you began to look at did not look particularly special. Each was comprised of a thick cylindrical stone with a rounded top. There was some kind of material wrapped around the top of the torch that provided a source for the crackling fire. After a few moments of observing the torch, you hear a repetitive thudding noise. You turn to look at Munchlax, who was jumping and flailing his arms toward the torch on the wall. A shockingly high jump allowed his claw to graze the bottom of the torch. The torch fell forward with a loud clicking noise, but it didn’t leave the wall. Instead the wall behind it moved forward and kept the torch in place at a ninety-degree angle. Munchlax looked satisfied with its work and waddled back to you, a grin on his face. There was another loud click, and you and Munchlax looked back at the torch. It had clicked back into place, looking like it had never had moved at all.

Meanwhile, Staryu was looking at the paper on the ground again, occasionally shining its gem on it.
“HYA” It called out to you and Munchlax. You bent down to take a look at whatever Staryu had noticed. The light of its gem was focused on a section of the paper that was oddly blank. It was difficult to see with Staryu’s red light, but you could make out the outlines of some kind of pictures. The light shone brightly through certain parts of the paper.

Spoiler: show
Rorik smiled as he looked at Munchlax. The bear, small in stature but big in weight, jumped and flailed his arms about in decidedly cute fashion while trying to reach the torch, but the Professor wouldn't dream of saying such a thing to his proud companion. Still, it wasn't just the sight that made him crack a smile - but the realization that Munchlax was actually trying, putting in the effort like he'd done in the Bunnelby battle and subsequent chase. Between those displays and his other achievements at Cloud Garden and the Black Bayou, it was becoming more and more apparent that the once-lazy, egotistical bear had changed tremendously in his journeys alongside Rorik.

Have I changed half that much? Could I ever?

Finally, the Normal-Type's efforts seemed to have paid off, as he grabbed the torch and tilted it, causing the wall behind it to move forward... only to resume its original position shortly afterwards, as if nothing'd happened. Still, they had to be on the right track - no ordinary torch did such a thing. But perhaps there was a method to this new riddle, rather than simply the answer of "fire"...

Just then, like clockwork, Staryu reacted. Turning around, Rorik saw its red light shining on the paper, which now displayed a very different clue... a visual one!

"Remarkable..."

Whoever it was that had organized this little treasure hunt (that could very well lead to no treasure whatsoever!) had to be a very special individual. Even now, after Rorik had solved so many clues, the riddler continued to surprise him!
Kneeling down, the Professor glanced through the note's contents once again, then closed his eyes and took of his glasses to clean the lenses one more time, like he always did when concentrating...

What if... that's it!

He turned around and walked back to the entrance from whence they'd come, then winked at his friends.

"You've been doing all the work so far... leave this one to me, ok? Just make sure to watch my back!"

He took a long look around the cave, counting to himself as he did.

Eight in total...

If his hunch was right, then Munchlax had done the right thing earlier, but in the wrong order. And now that Staryu had revealed the next lead, he was all the more certain of that fact. Pulling the torches was indeed the correct way to go, but there was a proper way to do it if they wanted to progress. The only question left was... how should he count the torches?

The way I see it, only one order makes sense. The first torch should be the one farthest to my left from the entrance, making the one farthest to my right torch number eight... It's worth a shot at least.

Those images had to be a code, and they had to be related to the torches: deductive reasoning dictated that much. As such, there could only be one meaning to the highlighted body parts... they represented which torches to pull. They had to! Otherwise, he'd be hopelessly stumped.

"Well, here goes nothing..."

The first picture showed a Graveler with its four arms, so Rorik approached the fourth torch from the left and pulled it. Afterwards, there was a Solrock with its eight rocky edges resembling sun rays, and as such, Rorik pulled the very last torch to his right. From there, he went for the third torch, recalling the picture of Bonsly and its three "buds". Then it was back to the fourth torch, represented by the four craters highlighted on the Lunatone gravure... and finally, the very first torch to the left, as indicated by Roggenrola's one single eye.

And now... we wait.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #335
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
War of the Roses

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

Rorik, Lucas, & Alex
Alex, Rorik, & Drew
Everyone

Finally, this is OOC, but I would like to express my thanks to everyone for participating. The event went better than I could have ever imagined, and that was in large because of the efforts of Morningstar and Patches. As thanks I would like to give the two of you the Participation Prize as well; Grassium-Z, Leaf Stone, TM Sunny Day, and TM Energy Ball. You two are the best ZUs in FB!
Alex had to admit, at the end of the day, that this had been an interesting and lucrative undertaking. Brought here by curiosity and grouped with a fairly quiet young man by the name of Lucas, and a socially awkward scientist - Rorik, he had swore he saw that name somewhere - who was positively beaming, the ragtag group worked together and excelled in all challenges. From the water balloon battle where Alex's skills scooped them a considerable early advantage, and the scavenger hunt to the sideshows, whereby Rorik's Starmie covered for small shortcomings. The pageant was a state of class from Lucas, and the group putting heads together to give Lilligant a regal makeover won the crowds over.

In the end the three of them had effectively steamrolled the opposition, as the sleepy looking child heiress of the estate crowned the gleeful grass pokemon. Claiming his prizes with thanks, the trainer wandered as the sun set, taking inventory of the goods. A handful of TMs of the grassy variety, a fibrous root that seemed to give him more of a breathing capacity as he held it in his hands, an aromatic incense burner with a wonderful aroma of roses, a ruby-studded rock that literally glowed with warmth. A pouch of candies and both a leaf stone and miracle seed, plus one very interesting item.

Alex was a gifted person. His youth was spent in study of many arts of pokemon, and yet he was still a stranger to the mystery of Z crystals. All he knew is that they imparted energy to other pokemon allowing them to perform acts of incredible power, a super move if one could call them that. As he looked over the grassy crystal, he felt an unusual sort of emanation from it, of plants and bulbs in full bloom, and knew these gems were an extremely valuable object. Pocketing the goods, he made a mental note to utilise the TMs to treat the rather down Ferroseed, who remained in his ball as Alex left the rose garden. Tomorrow, he would set out and have a proper wander around the lower fields of Mt. Zephyria, the experience having brought out a yearning for adventure, with his pokemon he wasn't fully familiar with.

OOC: As Mask, Meetan and Alice have said, many thanks to Gary, MS and Patches for a wonderful event that really brings to life what FB is about, having fun. I'll be using the 5 candies on my level 26 Ferroseed to bring him to 31, and using the Giga Drain TM on him.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #336
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Raves:

Glasspine carefully makes his way into the hole, crawling on all fours down the sloped path. You crouch and follow after him, crabwalking on your hands and legs in order to not slip. You make it to the end of the slope and find there is enough room to stand. Herex brings up the back, glad that you are not in too cramped of a space. You and your Pokemon are in some kind of underground cavern. The faint glow is coming from green, luminescent mushrooms attached to the wall. Herex examines one closely, prodding at it with a careful claw. It easily detaches from the wall, and it surprisingly keeps its glowing properties. The two Paras scuttle in after you, closing the secret door in the grass behind them. They point down the path, indicating that you should keep going. The Bug-types waved to you before disappearing into a thick patch of mushrooms.

You make your way down the path, careful not to step into clouds of spores that hang in the air. Looking up, you see a dirt ceiling with the roots of trees poking through. Some of the longer roots continued down further into the earth, creating the impression that you were actually in a forest lined with thick tree trunks. Mushrooms of all shapes and sizes gathered around the roots, sapping the nutrients. The path was also littered with rocks, large mounds of dirt, and the molted skins of various bug Pokemon. Up ahead, there is a tree root growing right through the middle of the path. It is taller than you, but you are able to peer over the top of it to see the other side. Rising from the ground is a circle of tall, glowing mushrooms. In the center, you spot the large, battered figure of the Parasect you are after. Parasect is surrounded with a soft glow, and orbs of light float around it ominously. A tight line of Paras stand guard around the mushroom circle, eyes scanning the distance for any sign of movement.
The Sandshrew ventured first, scampering down the tunnel while Alex contorted into a crabwalk to follow suit, so as to avoid slipping on the damp soil as the Drapion was glad her size meant she would have no trouble entering either. Within, the human found himself in an underground cavern of sorts, musty air thick with an earthen scent, the faint glow from earlier appearing to be bioluminescent mushrooms, which the curious scorpion gave a gentle prod of. The fungus detached easily and better yet kept its glow, a natural torch of sorts. Looking back, the two Paras closed up the opening before pointing down the path and waving to him as he nodded his thanks as they returned to the mushrooms.

"Seems we might...be on the right track here," he whispered, before the group made slow progress through the dark cave. The mushroom spores in the air were avoided, given Tori's condition, he had a feeling ending up a zombie under the ground wasn't the best plan of action, and indeed was something only a cruel and heartless god would inflict on him...right? The ceiling was speckled with tree roots that skewered down and winded around, and the variety of fungi and discarded carapaces here and there gave the impression of a subterranean forest, which it indeed was. Were there not a sense of urgency he would admire the scenery, Glasspine peering around carefully. Ahead, a large tree root grew in the middle of the path, taller than Alex, but this was no major obstacle. Raising a hand to stop the pokemon with him, he peered over the root with care, and as it was, the Paras had indeed gave their word.

A fairy circle as it were surrounded the battered figure of the rogue Parasect Alex sought, with a number of light orbs surrounding it as the bug pokemon glowed. Around the circle stood a line of Paras, scanning the horizon for movement, almost certainly under the command of the bigger mushroom. Alex returned down and turned to his two pokemon, as he considered the situation. Paras were timid pokemon, and Herex had the capabilities of scaring them away, but that aura was almost certainly some sort of healing technique. Were the mushrooms around it really mushrooms? He wasn't immediately willing to accept a head-on assault. No, he had to approach this with a sneaky strategy. Removing a ball, he set the orb to silent release, before unveiling the occupant, a spherical pokemon who seemed to be rather unamused. Pridwen's pride had taken a bit of a knock, but he'd have to push it aside.

"Prid, serious time. We have a Parasect over this root," he whispered as he gestured towards the root the quartet were behind, "and we cannot let it escape under any circumstances. I need you to use your spiky body to roll up the wall and across the roof until you're either spotted or have a good vantage point. Either way, when you're ready, pepper those funny orbs you see with a pin missile, and if you hit any of the glowing mushrooms around the Parasect, that's fine too. You're durable enough to withstand anything they throw at you, and you being a grass type should negate any spores or powders thrown. After you've disrupted that, give us the signal with a mirror shot aimed at the face of the Parasect and we'll get round.

"Herex, you'll rush in first with a vicious roar to frighten away the weaker Paras, then go straight for the big one with an infestation. Glass, you handle the smaller ones with a barrage of poison stings and gyro ball. Above all else though, take care of those light orbs and be mindful of powders."

Alex nodded, hoping this plan would go off without many problems. He was ready to give them the orders if the Ferroseed was discovered and attacked earlier than usual, but he wasn't letting the Parasect escape, not without the necessary volume of saliva for the cure for the Nidorina and Roselia.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:46 PM   #337
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Naruxami:
Isaac was less than pleased at his Pokemon’s overzealous actions causing her to fill her lungs with a cloud of poisonous air. However, as he wracked his brain to come up with a solution to beating this pesky Stunky, the best idea that came to him was to make the most of Vinny’s limited movepool and deal as much damage as she could, as fast as she could. Calling out his orders to the Eevee, Vinny slowly nodded as she tried to steel her mind through the wooziness that her status affliction caused.

Fortunately for Vinny, the skunk-like opponent has a pretty limited number of attacks as well as it squared off against her. Stunky leapt forward, Scratching Vinny with its claws before the Eevee Covetously slapped it across the face with her paw. Stunky dove forward again for a second Scratch but came up with dirt as Vinny Dug another tunnel underground. The skunk frowned, not a fan of this hit and run tactic, so it waited by Focusing its Energy once again.

Meanwhile, Vinny burrowed underground while gasping for air every now and then. It was tough to breathe underground while her lungs were filled with poison, so she decided to come up for air and launch her strike as quickly as possible. Vinny Dug her way back to the surface, emerging from underground right beneath Stunky once again and hit it for considerable damage. As Stunky groaned in pain, Vinny wheezed, hoping to catch her breath. She was still on top in terms of health, but it probably wasn’t as close as she hoped. As the battle against Stunky raged on, it was now up to Isaac to decide the next plan of action.
The battle wasn't going as well as Isaac would've hoped, although he was aware that poison was indeed weak to ground moves --- it seemed the skunk Pokemon had picked up on his tactics and just lay in wait for Vinny to pull herself from the ground in order to strike. His Eevee wobbled on her feet, the poisonous fumes were affected her ability to breathe properly. She huffed for breath, becoming quickly fatigued due to her rapid intake of breath. Isaac glanced at his Eevee, and then at the skunk. It appeared to him as though the Stunky was indeed in worse shape than Vinny herself, but... he couldn't be sure how close it was. He sighed, Vinny's movepool was certainly not great. She only really knew a few moves to make use of, and some weren't exactly the best course of action at the moment. Isaac wracked his brain, trying to figure out what he could possibly use. He eventually landed on a thought, but he knew it could be risky.

"Vin!" He called out, watching as his Eevee twisted her head backwards to glance at her trainer. "Kick up a Sand Attack to throw it off! Once it's eyes are blurry with dirt, throw out an Iron Tail!" The Eevee thought for a moment, and then nodded vigorously. She understood that her sneak and strike war tactics weren't exactly working out in her favor, and maybe if she went literal balls to the wall and went all out --- she would be able to defeat this creature and maybe even allow her trainer to capture it. All that was on her mind at the moment was evolution, she could finally prove herself to her trainer... as well as Kale, if she could ever see him again. She shook her head, knowing she shouldn't be thinking about that now. She turned around fully to face her trainer, kicking up sand into the skunk's face and then coating her tail in a silver substance.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:43 AM   #338
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury:
“Nice to meet you, Jayson,” Samuel smiled with a firm grip to the handshake, “Sam or Samuel’s fine. Some even call me Flint!” He chuckled and helped out as Jayson and his Pokemon loaded up Boudicca’s back with bundles of firewood. Being used as a pack mule was probably far from the Mudsdale’s dignified pride, but Boudicca’s powerful and sturdy body made her the perfect candidate. As they loaded her up, Jayson asked Samuel about a training regimen for his Scyther.

Samuel grinned and started up the trail that Jayson had just come from. “No problem! Let’s drop this firewood off at my cabin and then we’ll give your Scyther there a few pointers!” The two trainers and the group of Pokemon headed back up the trail, quickly passing the previous fork in the road. They proceeded further up the previously unchosen path in the direction of Samuel’s cabin. Soon enough they came upon a clearing with a quaint log cabin in the middle. Some smoke wafted out of the chimney while a rather large mountain of chopped firewood was stacked off to the side. “I appreciate it; this was a big help,” he said while gently patting Boudicca on the nose. He then unloaded the firewood and added it to his pile. For her hard work, Boudicca has gained 1 level!

Once the labor was over, Samuel invited Jayson and his Pokemon to follow him around the back of the cabin. There was a small ring of stumps where trees had been previously cut down. “This is where I like to do my training,” he began while pulling out a pair of Pokeballs. Tossing them into the clearing, a Scyther and a Sudowoodo appeared before them. The Scyther immediately took notice of Spartacus, narrowing his eyes and showing off his sharpened scythes which seemed to glisten in the sunlight. “Hah! Looks like Reaper’s found himself a new rival! Alright Reaper, let’s show them how it’s done!”

The Scyther snapped to attention and quickly nodded. The Sudowoodo turned to face the crowd, revealing an X-shaped battle scar of chipped rock on his chest. Reaper met eyes with the Sudowoodo, who steeled himself, ready to take an attack. The Scyther’s blades began to glow a soft white before in one quick motion he darted forward and hit the Sudowoodo right on the X. “And that’s how you do it,” Samuel said with a smile. “Now it’s your turn. Let’s see if you can hit ol’ Petro here with the same attack three times in the same spot. Don’t worry about hurting him; he’s a lot tougher than he looks. I doubt he’ll make it easy on you either!” On cue, the Sudowoodo flexed his twig-like arms with a mischievous smirk on his face. “Here’s the rules, just like my trial: You’re welcome to change up your attacks, but using slashing moves are going to be what gets the job done. Let’s keep things simple though, so limit yourself to two attacks per attempt so that things don’t get too muddled up. If you can hit him on the X three times in the next couple of attempts, I think Spartacus will have everything he needs to learn the technique!”
It didn't take too long for them to get to the trial captain's cabin, Boudicca was more than capable of handling the weight of wood. While she wasn't used to be used for menial labour, the Mudsdale didn't mind too much, she was always glad to be of use. As they unloaded the wood, Sam gave the Ground type a rub on her muzzle, to which Boudicca nodded her head in delight. He had found her weakness.......

Boudicca reached level 32!

The next order of business was training Spartacus to use HM Cut, which Sam was more than happy to do. It would surely help even the playing field in the trial but Jayson knew the woodsman would have plenty more tricks up his sleeve. Sam took them around the back of his cabin to his training area before bringing out two Pokemon, a Scyther and a Sudowoodo. At the sight of the opposing Scyther, Jayson noticed Spartacus's body tense. It wasn't from fear though, the Scyther was excited. As Sam's Scyther Reaper showed off a little, Spartacus pointed the tip of his scythe in his general direction, as if calling him out.

"Enough", murmured Jayson,"you will have your chance later, for now you need to watch and learn." The Scyther nodded, burying his anger for later use. Reaper displayed how to use Cut on Petro the Sudowoodo. The Scyther struck with a smooth, practiced movement, it was truly impressive. It was obviously the Scyther had plenty of practice, not just by the way it executed the move, but by the grove it had worn away on its teammates chest. After listening to Samuel's advice, Jayson was confident they could achieve what was asked of them. Looking around, Jayson notice that Atalanta and Odysseus were both watching everything intently. That was a good sign, the pair new that everything they saw could be an insight into the trial ahead, he had raised them well.

Stepping forward with Spartacus, Jayson instructed the Scyther."Alright Spartacus, let's show them what you've got! Take aim, calm your breathing then strike with a False Swipe, follow that with a Fury Cutter. Where going to stick at it till we get it right." Jayson had almost considered ordering Dual Chop, however an attack that allowed for two blows in quick succession was something he would rather have up his sleeve for the trial. He had to assume Samuel was just as tactical as he was, if Jayson was learning things about Samuel, then Samuel was likely learning things about him.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:56 AM   #339
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
War of the Roses

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

Rorik, Lucas, & Alex
Alex, Rorik, & Drew
Everyone

After this whole adventure, Lucas found himself quite exhausted. He barely had the energy to participate in the last stage of the event, letting his teammates make all the decisions on how to adorn the Lilligant Queen. He was just happy that he managed to contribute somewhat and that this whole thing had come to a close. As such, he was rather shocked to hear that his team had managed to come out victorious. He hadn't been paying too much attention to the score, just trying his best to not be a dead weight, but the surprise was definitely a welcome one.

Lucas got onto the stage to claim the first place prize, a TM Giga Drain and TM Solar Beam. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do with them right yet, but he was sure he could put them to good use. His name did not get called for the next set of prizes, but he didn't expect to be lauded for his individual performance, being only able to contribute so much. He was once again surprised, however, when he was called up for the Participation Prize, receiving Grassium-Z, a Leaf Stone and TMs Energy Ball and Sunny Day, as well as five Rare Candies and a Miracle Seed. This was quite a haul! As the event concluded and Lucas found his way out of the Garden, he was glad that he stuck this out, in spite of his initial hesitance.

...wait, wasn't he here to scout a location for a base?

Quote:
Jerichi:
It was a tough choice for Lucas to make, but he ultimately decided that the Sunkerns’ safety took priority over confronting the queen for her actions. Budew was still more than ready to give Roserade a piece of her mind, but after some pleading from Lucas she was able to swallow her anger and agreed to tag along. The Sunkern were her friends after all. With everyone now on board, Lucas, Ai, and Budew headed down the path to the left in search of the kidnapped Sunkern children.

As was the rest of Roserade’s domain, the path to the left was pretty straightforward and orderly, decorated with beautiful rows of flower-covered hedges. The trio walked down the trail, followed by a right and then shortly after another left, where they could hear noises up ahead. “Pluff… pluff…” a voice lazily called out. Lucas quickly ducked down to hide behind a hedge, where Ai and Budew stood next to him. Peering around the side of the hedge, Lucas peeked into the room beyond them, where a solitary Jumpluff bounced up and down as if it was bored. From the looks of things, it was tasked to watch over the Sunkern alone while the other subjects of Roserade’s domain were called elsewhere.

Lucas’ eyes scanned the room, and soon enough he spotted the missing Sunkern. There were three of them and they all seemed unconscious for now. Pulling his head back to rejoin Ai and Budew, Lucas was now faced with another decision to make. He could either try to take the Jumpluff head on, or possibly try to set up some kind of diversion. Extracting those three Sunkern wasn’t going to be easy though. What will he do?
Upon infiltrating the holding room and surveying the situation, Lucas was glad he had decided to go rescue the Sunkern before confronting the Roserade Queen. The poor kernels had been roughed up pretty badly and left in a bad way and could definitely need some help. But to get to them, they'd probably need a diversion. Ai was probably going to be the best one to sneak in and try to extract them, so he'd need to come up with some sort of distraction using one of his other team members...

Trying not to draw attention as best as possible, he released Horologie again, the quadruped whinnying softly as she reappeared. Lucas knew that out of the 'mon he had on hand she would probably do the best at keeping the Jumpluff busy for a bit while he and Ai went to rescue the poor Sunkern.

"Okay, girl, I got another task for you. See those Jumpluff over there? I want you to blind them with a Dazzling Gleam and draw their attention. Then, run around the room and draw them outside if you can. Maybe fire off some Signal Beams too? And once you're outside, try blowing them away with a Razor Wind. Ai, you're with me. Once Horologie has started distracting the guards, you go in first and survey the scene and I'll be in after once the coast is clear. Then we can try our best to get them out. Once we've extracted them, we'll hightail it back to the Sunflora's patch and see if we can't get them some help."

Member Post

Old 10-08-2017, 02:58 PM   #340
Patches
Shake it!

Quote:
Patches:
Kei had done his best to push the Makuhita back up against the ropes, but after doing so, his previous Outrage had left him a bit wobbly and disoriented. Makuhita wheezed as it eased itself back up onto its feet. It was no longer smirking arrogantly at the plucky Charmander, having been pushed well past its usual limits. As Kei took a minute to go over his strategy for the next round of action, Makuhita stomped his feet one at a time, much like a sumo wrestler would.

Frowning at the Charmander, Makuhita looked like it wanted to end things now before the fiery little lizard had any more surprises up his sleeve. As it charged forward, Kei stood his ground and gave Makuhita a nasty glare with his Scariest Face. This caught Makuhita a little off guard, buying Kei time to breathe the flames of a Dragon Rage in its face. Makuhita didn’t seem to enjoy this in the slightest and hit Kei with a quick pair of Arm Thrust jabs. Kei winced but tried his Dragon Rage once again. Overwhelmed by the flames, Makuhita wobbled before landing on its back with a thud. Makuhita was down for the count. Kei has grown 3 levels!

Stufful cheered loudly as Kei emerged victorious once again, seemingly forgetting how shy it was acting earlier. “Stuff stuff!” it exclaimed, putting some more Oran Berries in the corner of the ring as Kei made his return. The Charmander happily chowed down on them, regaining his strength. As the pair of Mankeys struggled to pull the tubby Makuhita out of the ring, Timburr stepped in next and clapped his hands together, congratulating Kei on a job well done.

However, Kei’s trials would not be over just yet. Timburr tossed his wooden plank high into the air like a baton before catching it in one hand effortlessly. He smirked and gestured to himself before using the plank like a pole to reach out to the ringside and ring the bell himself. It appears that Kei’s got one more opponent in store. What will he do?
Kei was certainly fighting to win but he was still surprised when the Makuhita fell backwards completely knocked out. He had thought he was going to be completely done for this time but somehow, he pulled through once again and he even feels stronger than ever before on top of it. Finally, this whole thing could come to an end, he did his part and used everything he had to help Stufful, who is now loudly cheering for Kei. He makes his way over to Stufful with a huge smile, knowing he has done a good thing today. Patches and Mio are also yelling many congratulations at him from their bench. He gladly eats the berries that the Stufful offered him and also thanks Stufful for believing in him. He looks over at his trainer, Patches, and finds it odd that she hasn’t come over to him yet. That’s when it hits him. The only reason she wouldn’t come over would be if this thing isn’t actually over yet.

He begins to sweat a bit and slowly turns around, hoping that his suspicions would be wrong but unfortunately, he quickly finds out he was right. He had seen the Timburr climb into the ring and congratulate him but he just figured that was because he was the one running this thing, not that he would have to fight him. He watches as the Timburr uses his plank to smack the bell and gulps. This is the second time now where he thought this thing was over only to find out it isn’t. How many more of these Pokemon is he going to have to fight? He is getting a headache just thinking about it but he doesn’t have time for that. The bell has rung which means he needs to get his head back in the ring before the Timburr gets an advantage on him. Normally, he would take a moment to lower his opponent’s stats but he doesn’t have time to think of a good strategy just yet. His first reaction is to just run in with a barrage of attacks in hopes that maybe some sort of weakness will be revealed. He charges in with a Body Slam and prepares to immediately follow that up with a Fire Punch! He also keeps in mind that his opponent may attack at any moment so he will need to do his best to Counter them!

Kei grows from lv. 22 to lv. 25

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-08-2017, 03:50 PM   #341
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Emi:

Avoiding a potentially sticky situation by handling the bugs yourself, you opted for a faster way to break up the fight. The Scatterbug did not notice as you slowly leaned over them and place your hands on the rose bush. Careful of thorns, you firmly grabbed the thickest branches of the bush you could find, and gave them a vigorous shake.

“Scraa!” Startled, the Scatterbug cried out as they lost their grip on the bush and tumbled to the ground, landing in a writhing pile. Though you were able to get them away from the flowers, the sudden change only made the bickering worse. You could see them trying to blame each other, unaware that you were the one who knocked them off of the plant.

You directed Remlia to grab the attention of the remaining Scatterbug. She approached the still-fighting pile and stretched her wings out to their full span. Attempting her best Vivillion impression, she flitted back and forth. The beating of her wings must have been a familiar sound, as the small bugs all turned their heads to look at her. Satisfied that she had their full attention, the Woobat directed her new followers to the line of other Charmed bugs. They each fell into line obediently, though you noticed the final Scatterbug looking at the Pokemon in front of it rather than at Remilia.

Suddenly, the Scatterbug chomped down on the other’s backside. The bitten bug let out a screech, and immediately began to run. The attacker had somehow sunk its teeth deep into the running Scatterbug’s back, and was being quite comically bounced around as the bitten Scatterbug began to flee. The pair scrambled away from the line, right under your feet, and under a thick hedge, out of sight.

You now had the majority of bugs under control, though Remilia looked uneasy about continuing to hold their attention. There were plenty of other places you could take these pests that would be much safer for the garden. However, there was the case of the two escapees. They were small, but you could see how much damage was done to the blue rosebush. Who knew how much damage they could cause if they had free reign of the rest of the garden?

“Woo?” Remilia inquired, hoping to know what your decision would be.

Lillian was pleased with how well her plan had worked. Remilia had managed to charm pretty much all of the Scatterbug, and now they were going to follow her wherever she went. Lillian did notice that a couple of them had fled to somewhere else in the garden and she wanted to make sure that they didn't get into trouble either, but right now, she had to make sure that the group she had now were not going to cause any more havoc in the garden. Then she would be able to address the few that had escaped. Lillian turned towards Remilia, pointing off in a random direction. "Listen, Remilia, here is what I want you to do. I can't come with you, so I trust that you're going to be able to do this by yourself. What you need to do is lead the Scatterbug away from the garden to someplace they are going to want to eat, and then bring some of the food back for me. I'm going to try and find the Scatterbug that got away and make sure that they don't cause any more trouble eating the foliage here, alright? We'll meet up soon." Remilia nodded, indicating that she understood what she needed to do, before Lillian turned around, now having to figure out the remaining two Scatterbug.

The first thing she would have to do is find them, and Lillian figured that her best bet would be to try and follow them. She didn't have much of a lead on where they had gone, but she did know where the Scatterbug had run off to, so that was somewhere to start. Lillian walked in the direction of where they had gone, hoping that she would be able to find someone who had seen where the pair had gone. She could ask them and then Lillian would have more to go off of. Maybe the Scatterbug have a favorite plant they liked to eat? Lillian wasn't sure. But she had a plan, and that was a great place to start.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:38 PM   #342
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Maskerade- You watched your Munchlax amusedly. Had you changed? It was easier to observe in your Pokemon, who you had spent time with observing them physically grow as they leveled up from experience. Were humans really that much different?

You pulled yourself out of your introspection to see Munchlax successfully grab the torch. Soon after, you made the connection between the pictures Staryu revealed and the moving sections of walls. Both of your Pokemon nodded in agreement as you asked them to watch your back. Staryu watched the area by the water, and Munchlax took to the entrance. You took a moment to theorize what this puzzle might be trying to tell you to do. Though you thought hard on it, you knew you had to act. You approached the torch you had labelled as the fourth and gave it a hesitant pull. There was a loud click like you had heard when Munchlax pulled the torch. You waited a moment, holding your breath, but didn’t heard another click. The torch stayed in place. Cautiously, you moved to the next, pulling the eighth torch as you had the fourth. It clicked into a ninety-degree angle. You pulled the next torches with more confidence, and took a step back to look at your work once you were done.

It was silent. Only for a moment, then you heard a low rumbling noise. Munchlax ran to you and clung to your leg in worry. Staryu called out, flashing its gem at the water. The water level in the underground pond was being lowered rather quickly. The rumbling came to an end, and the pool was completely drained. The pool was completely drained, revealing a rather deep hole. You could make out an opening at the opposite end of it, a yawning hole with only darkness coming from it. This seemed rather climatic, and Munchlax and Staryu looked ready. Were you?

----------------

Raves- You could only take a quick look at the scene unfolding in front of you before you needed to duck back down to safety. Though the Pokemon at your side had certainly been helpful, you knew you needed a different set of skills. You called out your Ferroseed, Pridwen, who looked didn’t look very happy to see you. Despite his grumpiness, he followed your orders and quickly rolled away. You watched him easily scale a dirt wall and quietly find a place on the ceiling. Pridwen waited a few moments, then fired a pin missile into an orb that floated a bit too close to him. As the spine hit, the orb of light distorted a bit, then split in two. Each new orb floated off in a different direction, and Pridwen’s attack soared down into the middle of the mushroom circle. A few Parasect guards surrounded the pin, looking over it with caution and curiosity. One reached out a claw to poke at it. They peered up at the dark ceiling, and Pridwen worried he was caught. He quickly shone Mirror Shot down on Parasect. As the attack surged toward Parasect, the orbs surrounding it grouped up like a shield. The orbs broke apart into smaller versions of themselves again, scattering along with the Mirror Shot

Seeing the signal, Herex barreled over the large root and let out a terrifying Roar. Several Paras guards scuttled away in fear, and braver ones stood their ground with angry looks on their faces. They quickly organized themselves in to lines of a few Paras each, and the first line ran toward Herex. They battered her hard-shelled body with a barrage of Scratches. In defense Herex sent out Infestation, and tiny bug-like projections covered her attackers. Following orders, she sent some of them toward the Parasect, and the glowing orbs surrounded the attack again, dispersing into tinier and tinier orbs of light. The Infestation covered the Paras attacking Herex, which prevented them from running away from the Drapion’s further attacks. Glasspine followed close behind Herex, careful to not get caught up in her attack. He directed Poison Stings at the next wave of Paras that came toward him. A few were deterred by the poison seeping through their body. The others jumped onto the Sandshrew and Scratched him as well. Glasspine started his next attack, and a Gyro Ball knocked the Paras off of him. There were still several guards left standing, that looked to be planning their next move. Tiny glowing orbs of light danced around the Parasect, but were unable to reform. On the wall next to Pridwen, an observant Paras had begun climbing to investigate.

----------------

Emi- Remilia followed the direction you pointed in with her fur-covered eyes. The Woobat looked worried. Would her trainer be ok on her own? There wasn’t much time to think, some of the Scatterbug were already turning their attention toward another rosebush. Remilia strengthened her Charm, bid you farewell, and took off toward an area of the garden that seemed mostly devoid of precious rose petals. The line of Scatterbug followed her with great interest, seemingly unconcerned by being taken away from their lunch. Your Woobat flew at a comfortable speed, taking advantage of a slight breeze to propel her forward. She passed by rows of hedges, starting out neatly trimmed and becoming more and more messy as she went on. Remilia spotted a patch of clovers and wildflowers that looked relatively unkempt. She took a quick look around for any protective Rangers, then led her troupe of bugs to start a new feast. They happily gathered around the clover patch, chomping away at leaves and petals. Remilia was relieved, and took a moment to perch on a nearby bush before returning to you. Suddenly, a large wing obscured her vision, and she looked up to a furious Polar patterned Vivillon. It created a barrier between her and the Scatterbug, who were munching away without a worry. Above them, a Sun Vivillon was counting each of the children, looking horrified when there were less than expected. Together, both Vivillon whipped up a Gust and sent it angrily toward Remilia.

Meanwhile, you followed after the two currently attached Scatterbug. The little things moved rather fast, and you couldn’t even find areas in the hedges that they might have slipped into. You arrived in the middle of the garden, where several people milled about. In front of an informational sign stood a Garden Ranger, busily passing out maps and giving directions to guests. A pair of old women sat on a bench gossping, laughing rather loudly at different intervals. A few children along with their Pokemon chased each other around a pristine white fountain. Hiding in a corner away from the children was something you were surprised you didn’t notice immediately. A rather droopy, sad looking, giant Whimsicott. You soon realized this was actually a person in a mascot costume, meant to brighten the smiles of visitors of the Rose Garden. This mascot definitely had seen better days, the stitching on its mouth looked like it had been redone several times by people of different skill levels. Though you had taken a good look around, the Scatterbug were nowhere to be seen.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:41 AM   #343
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:

Maskerade- You watched your Munchlax amusedly. Had you changed? It was easier to observe in your Pokemon, who you had spent time with observing them physically grow as they leveled up from experience. Were humans really that much different?

You pulled yourself out of your introspection to see Munchlax successfully grab the torch. Soon after, you made the connection between the pictures Staryu revealed and the moving sections of walls. Both of your Pokemon nodded in agreement as you asked them to watch your back. Staryu watched the area by the water, and Munchlax took to the entrance. You took a moment to theorize what this puzzle might be trying to tell you to do. Though you thought hard on it, you knew you had to act. You approached the torch you had labelled as the fourth and gave it a hesitant pull. There was a loud click like you had heard when Munchlax pulled the torch. You waited a moment, holding your breath, but didn’t heard another click. The torch stayed in place. Cautiously, you moved to the next, pulling the eighth torch as you had the fourth. It clicked into a ninety-degree angle. You pulled the next torches with more confidence, and took a step back to look at your work once you were done.

It was silent. Only for a moment, then you heard a low rumbling noise. Munchlax ran to you and clung to your leg in worry. Staryu called out, flashing its gem at the water. The water level in the underground pond was being lowered rather quickly. The rumbling came to an end, and the pool was completely drained. The pool was completely drained, revealing a rather deep hole. You could make out an opening at the opposite end of it, a yawning hole with only darkness coming from it. This seemed rather climatic, and Munchlax and Staryu looked ready. Were you_
"Hah! There you go!" Rorik shouted uncharacteristically. "Can't get the better of me!"

Heimlan folk were raised from infancy to display little emotion. They were men of the North, descendants of the fabled Vikings, warriors and conquerors through and through. Rorik had been no exception - both he and his brother Erik had been taught the value of stoicism, alongside other more undeniable virtues, by his father Ulrik. But despite his best efforts, "Dragonheart" had failed to embed his own cold personality in his children: Erik had turned out an excitable, easygoing young man, whereas Rorik grew to become a more introverted, socially awkward character - neither of them a typical Heimlan warrior at all.

And still, despite his usually controlled elation, it was impossible for Rorik not to express his overwhelming joy after successfully solving yet another riddle - because, this time around, the outcome felt more promising than anything they'd seen up until this point.

The pool drained away, revealing a new pathway, a downwards hole with an opening at the end. And for some reason, despite the absolute darkness that waited beyond, Rorik simply could not wait to find out where it led.

Just then, something tugged at his lab coat. Looking down, the Professor saw Munchlax grinning, and with his tiny hand outstretched and curled into a fist. It was the bear's way of congratulating his Trainer for a job well done, it seemed, and Rorik couldn't help but let out a laugh before returning the fist bump.

"Couldn't have made it this far without you," he said, "without both of you. Let's go guys, time to find out where this all leads!"

With renewed confidence, the team approached the hole. If need be, Staryu could cast its red light to facilitate their progress - it was no Flash, but hopefully it'd be of some use. With this in mind, and knowing he'd finally earned his Pokémon's full trust, Rorik felt like he was prepared for anything else the mysterious riddler through his way.

Last edited by Maskerade; 10-09-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #344
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
War of the Roses

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

Everyone

Chroma sat cross-legged in her tent, glad to be away from the hullabaloo that had gripped the Rose Garden. If there was one thing she had learned today, it was that she still had a slight fear of high authority... not exactly a good nervous issue for a traveling trainer to have. What exactly was it about Tsareena that had given her the willies? She sighed, knowing full well that such questions were unlikely to be answered anytime soon... which suited her just fine.

Rather than dwell on such superficial matters, she pulled out her prize basket and looked through its contents. There were two relatively common TMs, another Miracle Seed, five Rare Candies... it might not have been the greatest selection in the world, but it's not like her team had won the event- considering the results, this was actually quite nice!

"And what do we have here?" she asked as she pulled out a pair of ornate boxes. One had a familiar weight to it- and indeed, it proved to contain another Leaf Stone. She chuckled to herself- now she could give one to Ami to use on her nuzleaf if she so chose and still have one on hand for her own devices!

The second box, on the other hand, was a mystery to her. It felt heavy, yet still light enough to be moved around with ease, and the sound it made when she shook it didn't help matters any. Considering the helpful nature of the rest of the basket's contents, it was very unlikely that there was a serious element of danger to whatever was within... She opened the lid and peered within, finding something familiar, yet pretty different from the ones she had seen before.

She had seen a couple Z-Rings before, but never had she seen one in black.

The face of the ring was a little wider, having an extra point with stylized four like marking imprinted onto it, though the significance of it was beyond her at the moment. Similarly, the grooves on the side that were diamond-shaped on the white ones she'd seen previously were oddly replaced with three-segmented ones, suggesting that they were meant for storing a different kind of Z-Crystal. That suggestion made little sense, however, because it was already loaded with a green Z-Crystal of the normal variety, the faint leaf emblem glinting in the light betraying its Grass Typed energies.

"It's a bit weird, but a Z-Ring's a Z-Ring,' Chroma said with a shrug, placing the miraculous ornament back in its case. "I'll see what this baby can do tomorrow, then- it'll be hard to get Ami excited if I've had no practice before we meet together again!"

~ ~ ~

Claiming my 5 Rare Candies, Miracle Seed, Leaf Stone, TM Sunny Day, TM Energy Ball, and Grassinium-Z (with the Z-Ring to use it with). Thank you for running this event and putting up with my less-than-phenomenal psychological issues!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Old 10-12-2017, 04:14 PM   #345
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'

Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Quote:
War of the Roses

2 levels: Sasha the Alolan Vulpix
Quote:
War of the Roses

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

Rorik, Lucas, & Alex
Alex, Rorik, & Drew
Everyone

Seiko exhaled, noticeably exhausted. They tied for second, which... wasn't all that bad? The Queen didn't seem particularly angry with the outcome, Seiko thought. If anything, she appeared more vexed by her colleague with whom she'd tied.

Seiko turned to her petite companion whose service she had called upon for the final event. Sasha, restless, waved her tail in an undulating manner, immediately commanding the full attention of her trainer. The young woman smiled and lightly patted the Fox Pokemon on the head. "Well done, girl. We may not have won, but you've certainly made me proud."

*Sasha gained 2 levels! Sasha rose from Level 8 to Level 10!*

Seiko rose from her crouching position and closed her eyes before moving to brush dirt from her leggings. Still... she couldn't help but be disappointed. Had it not been for those wild children who bombarded her during the Treasure Hunt, her hands would currently be overflowing with goodies. Rare Candies were very nice, make no mistake. But special stones and crystals were a whole lot better. Even if she couldn't use them, they'd fetch a high price on the aftermarket.

Sasha, sensing the condition of her trainer's mood, yipped a few times and brushed her tails against the brunette's calves. Seiko chuckled at the sensation.

"Yeah, Sasha. I've no reason to mope. It wasn't a negative experience," Seiko began, pocketing the prizes and scooping the fluffy mass into her arms. "We need to stay determined. Come on, it's time to get going."

With renewed vigor, Seiko departed from Rose Garden. Her adventure in Cloud Garden was far from over.

Claiming the consolation prize of 5 Rare Candies and a Miracle Seed. Thanks so much for job well done, organizers. This event was great!
Old 10-13-2017, 04:51 PM   #346
Patches
Shake it!

Meetan – Joe was becoming more and more desperate as he watched the poor Wartortle struggle with the Sludge. He wasn’t feeling too great himself after being hit once so he was really feeling for Franklin and felt pretty helpless. Suddenly, you teleported down the hill and behind Greg. Joe see’s you and is surprised for only a moment but is then immediately relieved to see your Abra because it meant that you are a trainer and they obviously needed some help. Before he even had a chance to greet you, you throw Mimi out onto the field which surprises Greg whom you were behind. He steps back and bumps into you, turning around the instant he realizes that someone is behind him. “Wha!? It’s you!! I thought I told you to scram!” Greg’s reaction grabs Joe’s attention. “Wait… You know this woman?” There was no time for Greg to respond, Mimi throws up a Barrier in order to make sure he doesn’t try running away and then uses Confusion to hold him still. “What… Are… You… DOING!?” Greg is struggling to speak because of the Confusion but he is clearly planning to play dumb, he doesn’t know that you saw anything.

“Whoa whoa whoa!! Miss! He’s a ranger! We’re rangers! I know this looks bad but we are the good guys I promise! Just please try to help Franklin and I will join you as soon as I get one of these pokeballs free.” He points toward the Wartortle and then continues to mess with the balls on his belt. He is also very concerned for Tank and hopes that he didn’t run into any danger of his own but has to help Franklin for the time being. Axel charged into battle and the strategy was a complete success. He used Blow Back on the nearest Trubbish who was blown away and tumbled through the messy sludge by several meters. He instantly followed that up by smashing into the other one with a Zen Headbutt which successfully makes the Trubbish flinch so that it can’t counter in any way before getting hit with the Fire Punch which causes it to tumble right into its friend. (Axel gains 1 level) Finally, Franklin has a moment where more sludge isn’t getting poured onto him and his Rapid Spin does the trick and gets most of it off, while unfortunately getting several drops of it on you, your Pokemon, Joe, and Greg since it was getting flung everywhere. He finally gets to stop spinning and is completely out of breath, he also isn’t looking too good right now, it’s almost as if he’s sick. Joe notices this and reaches inside of a pouch he wears on his hip and pulls out an Antidote, fortunately his pouch was still accessible. He throws the medicine to Franklin who knows what to do and sprays himself with it. “Tortle!” Franklin is looking much better now and runs next to Axel preparing to take those two Trubbish on together. The thing is, the Trubbish aren’t attacking. They have both gotten back up since their tumble but they look like they don’t know what it is they are supposed to be doing now. There is nothing but silence for a while, Mimi lets up on her confusion a bit which makes it so that Greg breaks free from it. Forgetting about the barrier, he goes to run somewhere but smashes into it. “Damnit!!!” He shouts. Joe turns toward Greg who is flustered. “Calm down Greg. They aren’t attacking anymore. We just need to keep a better eye on them.” That’s when Greg just rolls his eyes. “Alright, this really isn’t fun anymore. Okay you two!! Time to take everyone out! Throw down some Toxic Spikes then one of you attack the Wartortle and the other get the Abra! Ignore the Mime Jr. for now but don’t let your guards down! Now, both of you use Acid Spray and follow that up with more Sludge!!” Once Greg is finished, Joe is just shocked as he starts to put all of the pieces together, hopefully he’ll snap out of it soon. What will you do?

-----------------------

Missingno. Master – Everything about Percy reminds you of the various shady salesman that would work in your hometown. This one seems to be totally out there though. Between doing his best to pretend you didn’t exist and just the way he oversells everything in such a fake way, there is no way this guy should be as popular as he acts and it’s time to get to the bottom of this. After picking up the Xtransceiver and discovering that you’re locked out, you decide that the best course of action to take is to play along for now. There must be some reason why this old man won’t go to the berry farm himself so it’s time to investigate!

Fortunately, Oran Orchard was not all that far from where you were. You only had to go up and over 4 large hills on the way which is nothing compared to the exhausting trip you endured to just get to that small pond where Percy was located. One thing you notice as you approach though, is that this place seems to be quite lively today. There are Pokemon flying over the trees and there seems to be some sort of action going on down below on the ground as well. You get closer and everything becomes clearer but you are greeted by a smiling old woman before you can think too much about it. “Why hello there you two! Come on in!” She gestures for you to come through the front gate and begins to lead you over to a small counter that is set up with baskets of berries on it. As you enter you see a teenage girl run by frantically chasing a Rattata. “Y-you give that back!” Then they disappear through some trees. Then you notice two Kricketot that appear to be fighting over a Nanab berry that is now torn in half and somewhat crushed. There are all sorts of little skirmishes like these around you the more you look. Unfortunately, none of the Pokemon you currently see appear to be shiny.

Once you reach the counter the old woman begins to sort a large basket of mixed berries into smaller ones as she talks to you. “Please excuse the chaos, it’s not normally like this.” As she tells you this she continues to have a genuine smile of delight on her face. Suddenly, a man who appears to be in his late 30’s or early 40’s approaches with a basket of Oran Berries in his hand. He isn’t smiling and appears to be exhausted. “Hello sir, welcome to our orchard, I’m Adam. I’m sure Granny Smith here told you about us already though.” Although he is worn out he is still being polite with you. “No, I didn’t get that far yet, dear.” She chuckles. “Ah. Well then I guess I’ll do the honors. This orchard is run by us, the Applewood family. My name is Adam and this is Granny Smith. You’ll also probably run into my daughter Ringo and my son Isaac if you decide to explore the orchard.” He pauses and pinches the bridge of his nose out of exhaustion and before he can speak again a Spearow swoops down and snatches the basket of Oran Berries right out of his other hand. “Ack! Sorry sir! I’ve gotta run!” And off he goes after the bird. Granny Smith chuckles and then begins to explain. “Our orchard isn’t usually this… Lively. But recently there has been a surge in the popularity of the Nanab Berry with a lot of the wild Pokemon around here. It all started after a Zigzagoon, cutest little thing, showed up and calmly picked a few Nanab berries. After that, more and more Pokemon began to come. Eventually, we ran out of Nanab berries and all of the Pokemon just began to run amuck. There are still a few Nanab berries that had fallen from their bushes and blown around the orchard so that seems to be what they are after now. There obviously must be a reason for all of this chaos but I don’t know what that is.” You can’t help but notice how happy Granny Smith seems to be as she explains the situation. “Now you may be wondering why I still look happy. Well, this is the most lively this place has been in decades and I can’t help but find all of this chaos a bit fun. That said, we do obviously need to regain order.”

As she pauses, a Rattata suddenly climbs the counter and pulls an Oran Berry out of one of the baskets she was sorting and chucks it at another Rattata before taking off again. The Oran Berry misses its target and just splatters on the ground. “Well sir, I’d hate to burden you but normally we ask folks to help us out with little errands around the orchard and in return we offer them Berries and Apricorn’s as payment. Well, I can certainly still offer that payment to you but todays errands aren’t exactly small…” She looks out at the wild Pokemon who are causing all sorts of mayhem. You see the teenage girl still chasing the one Rattata in the distance, Adam is still trying to get his basket back from the Spearow, the Kricketot are still fighting over a Nanab Berry that has been torn in half and at this point the halves have been stomped on too, and just then you hear rustling and look toward the sound and watch as another Kricketot appears to have been thrown out of a tree by something and is now on the ground holding a Pecha Berry while crying. You don’t even know how it got up there in the first place. “So, if you would like to help out, the task I would have to ask of you is to maybe solve one of the many little disputes you see within our orchard currently. I’m going to see if I can get to the bottom of this. I don’t suppose you… No. I couldn’t ask a guest to try and solve this entire problem. Just helping out with one of these little messes would be fantastic if you’re willing! You’re welcome to go on ahead, dear!” What will you do?

-----------------------

myahoo – You were very happy to be reunited with your starter now that all of the battling and such is done with. You and Wildfire chat while you wait for Samuel to return which doesn’t take long at all. You’re happy to see that the Poochyena seems to be doing well now, it even gave off a happy howl to let everyone know it’s doing just fine. Then you listened to Samuel as he continued to speak and explaining about the trial that he offers to trainers that want to challenge him but he also asked about the thing you’re searching for as well so you decided to take the opportunity to ask him for some help with that. “Ah, so you’re after a Pidgey!” He doesn’t even seem to need to really think about this one for long since he had heard about one very recently. “Well, earlier a bird watching couple were passing by my cabin while I was out gathering logs. They are the ones who told me about the fires but they were in a hurry, they told me they were helping out with the fires themselves until they had spotted a Pidgey which apparently reminded them of the day they met. As they were telling me their story, the Pidgey flew right over my cabin which grabbed their attention and off they went. Unfortunately, I’m not sure where they would be now since this was before you and I had even ran into each other so some time has passed since then…”

He scratches the back of his head as he thinks about it some more. “You know, if you’re after a Pidgey then I would say your best bet would probably be the Cloud Shrine up on the second level of the Cloud Garden. That place is full of flying types and there is also another trial captain by the name of Jet Avalon who lives there and I’m sure he’d be willing to help you out too.” Samuel is racking his brain for any information that may help in your search and it seems that this is it. “That’s everything I know on Pidgey at the moment. There is a good chance you’ll find one here since there was one flying around earlier or there is an extremely good chance of encountering one at the Cloud Shrine. It’s up to you! There was recently a change to the requirements for getting to the second level too, so now all you would need is to beat one trial on this level to move on to the second. So if you’d like to check out the Cloud Shrine or even somewhere else that the second level has to offer, all you’d have to do is beat my trial if that’s the way you choose to go! Just let me know!” What will you do?
Old 10-14-2017, 11:01 PM   #347
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Naruxami:
Vinny listened to her trainer’s strategy through heavy breaths as the poison continued to wreak havoc on her lungs. As he looked down on his Eevee, Isaac knew that despite them having the upper hand, Vinny would be best served if this battle were over sooner rather than later. By now, even though the Stunky had taken considerable damage from the ground typed attacks, it had use the ample time between strikes to focus its mind and buff itself up for battle. Those claws of it were becoming more and more of a threat by the minute.

With the two Pokemon facing off once again, their eye contact was promptly broken off by Vinny turning her back on the skunk to face her trainer. Stunky used the opportunity to charge forward, but it was just want the Eevee wanted, kicking her feet into the soil and flinging it in Stunky’s eyes. As the Sand Attack connected with its target, Stunky let out a furious hiss and lunged forward to Scratch Vinny only to come up with air. Gracefully spinning out of the way, Vinny used the momentum to whip her tail around as it glowed brightly to strike the Stunky in the side with a hard Iron Tail. Stunky went flying into a tree with a thud. As it squealed in pain, Vinny suddenly froze up. Upon making contact with the skunk, the overbearing Stench of it caused her to flinch in revulsion. Stunky slowly got back to its feet as some of the dirt cleared from its eyes and charged forward, Scratching the frozen Eevee as hard as it could.

Vinny reeled in pain as the strike hit her critically in the side. She gasped for air, falling into a small sun spot near the rock as a beam of light trickled down from the dense canopy. Both Pokemon were still hanging in there, but it wouldn’t take much to decide the final outcome of this battle. As Vinny struggled to catch her breath, she felt the warmth of the sunlight throughout her body. It seemed to give her confidence and make her feel stronger and faster than she ever had before. It seemed like something was changing inside of her and that change would come about very soon.

TheKnightsFury:
Petro the Sudowoodo stood proudly before Jayson and Spartacus with his twiggy arms on his hips and waited patiently for the opposing trainer to go over strategy with his Scyther. The rest of Jayson’s Pokemon watched from the sidelines as did Samuel and Reaper, who eyed the other Scyther with mild interest. Once Jayson and Spartacus were ready, they turned to face Petro, who patted the X on his chest to issue the challenge of ‘hit me if you can’ with a smirk on his face.

Taking Petro up on his challenge, Spartacus readies his scythes and charged forward with blinding speed. Despite all of his confidence, Petro was unable to make a move and Spartacus’ False Swipe struck him right on the target. “One point for Spartacus,” Samuel called out, looking over at the grumbling expression on Petro’s face. Spartacus turned back around, ready for his next attempt on the Sudowoodo. His scythes glowed green, something Jayson had seen plenty of recently. As Spartacus flew toward Petro with a Fury Cutter, the fake tree gave off a Tearful Look which surprised Spartacus. The sudden change in demeanor made him flinch and the strike hit Sudowoodo on the side, not the target.

“Miss!” Samuel called out. As Spartacus met eyes with Reaper, the trial captain’s Scyther looked on with a mocking smirk. Meanwhile, Petro grinned mischievously as its plan worked. Spartacus had one point down but he would need to score two more in order to pass the simulation and as Petro had just shown, he wasn’t going to make this easy. As Jayson paused to think up his next strategy, the Sudowoodo patiently lie in wait.

Jerichi:
After thinking his options over, Lucas decided that a diversion would be more effective than another drawn-out battle, so he called upon the services of the trusty Horologie once again. The Girafarig neighed and pawed at the ground with her hoof, ready to go. Lucas quickly offered up strategy to his eager Girafarig before following up with orders for Ai the Kecleon. Once the two Pokemon and their trainer were squared away and ready to go, Horologie initiated the rescue operation by stepping into the clearing.

“Pluff?” the Jumpluff looked quizzically as Horologie entered. She smirked and fired off a Dazzling Gleam, the bright lights hitting the dandelion Pokemon and disorienting it. She then began firing off a slew of Signal Beams to which Jumpluff used every bit of its concentration and agility to dodge them. While all of this was going on, Lucas and Ai positioned themselves around the side of the room where they wouldn’t be easily detected. Ai went in first, using her natural camouflage to become invisible to the naked eye.

At this point, Horologie moved out of the room, making sure she was slow enough for the Jumpluff to follow in pursuit. She began to charge up her energy for an incoming attack, to which Jumpluff used the opportunity to douse her with a cloud of Poison Powder. Horologie coughed as she inhaled the poison, but didn’t let it deter her as she unleashed a Razor Wind that knocked Jumpluff back into the hedges. The timing couldn’t have been more perfect for Lucas and Ai to extract the young Sunkern; the trainer holding two of them while the Kecleon held the third. With the hostages in hand, they darted out of the room as Horologie rejoined them, coughing along the way.

Once back in Bellossom’s domain, they quickly headed over to find Petunia, who was still nursing the injured and distraught Sunfloras. “Oh, you’re back!” she exclaimed while pouring water from her watering can onto a Sunflora’s roots. “You’ve got the children too!” Seeing the Sunkerns in their arms, the leader of the Sunflora immediately perked up, shouting “Flora!” in joy. She held out her leafy hands to accept the Sunkern that Ai held while two of the other Sunflora took their babies from Lucas. The matriarch then began to glow, a Grassy Terrain suddenly sprouting from the soil below them as they planted their children in it. Petunia let out a sigh of relief. “All’s well that ends well, I suppose. I think they’ll be just fine from here. By the way, where’s Budew?” As Lucas looked around, Budew was nowhere in sight, and thinking back, he couldn’t even remember if she followed them back here or not. There was even a good chance she went off to go face Roserade on her own. Uh oh, what will he do now?

Patches:
There was no rest for the weary in this battle of wills as Kei recovered what energy he could from the berries while Timburr climbed into the ring. As Stufful, Patches, and Mio cheered from the sidelines, Timburr reached out with his big plank and rang the bell himself, signifying the start of the final round of the tournament. With little time to strategize, Kei squared off against his new opponent and prepared himself for yet another round of combat.

The Charmander started things off by charging the Timburr and pinning him down with a Body Slam. Timburr was ready for this, however, and used a Low Kick to quickly sweep Kei off of him. Kei got up and retaliated by engulfing his fist in flames to hit Timburr in the jaw with a Fiery Punch. Timburr grunted but swung his plank around like a staff, Pounding Kei in the side. As Kei winced from the blow, Timburr gained momentum and swung the plank around, slamming it down on the floor hard. A large stone was knocked up into the air, which Timburr smacked into Kei like a baseball for a strong Rock Throw. Kei yelped in pain from the super effective hit, but used the pain as motivation to Counter the force of the blow back onto Timburr, retaliating for great damage as well.

Things were moving fast as the battle had just begun, and the two Pokemon were exchanging some decent hits. Having fully warmed up now, the two Pokemon panted slightly as they tried to catch their breaths. As Timburr readied itself for the next eound of action, Kei knew he would need to match the fighting Pokemon’s intensity.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 10-15-2017, 11:45 PM   #348
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master – Everything about Percy reminds you of the various shady salesman that would work in your hometown. This one seems to be totally out there though. Between doing his best to pretend you didn’t exist and just the way he oversells everything in such a fake way, there is no way this guy should be as popular as he acts and it’s time to get to the bottom of this. After picking up the Xtransceiver and discovering that you’re locked out, you decide that the best course of action to take is to play along for now. There must be some reason why this old man won’t go to the berry farm himself so it’s time to investigate!

Fortunately, Oran Orchard was not all that far from where you were. You only had to go up and over 4 large hills on the way which is nothing compared to the exhausting trip you endured to just get to that small pond where Percy was located. One thing you notice as you approach though, is that this place seems to be quite lively today. There are Pokemon flying over the trees and there seems to be some sort of action going on down below on the ground as well. You get closer and everything becomes clearer but you are greeted by a smiling old woman before you can think too much about it. “Why hello there you two! Come on in!” She gestures for you to come through the front gate and begins to lead you over to a small counter that is set up with baskets of berries on it. As you enter you see a teenage girl run by frantically chasing a Rattata. “Y-you give that back!” Then they disappear through some trees. Then you notice two Kricketot that appear to be fighting over a Nanab berry that is now torn in half and somewhat crushed. There are all sorts of little skirmishes like these around you the more you look. Unfortunately, none of the Pokemon you currently see appear to be shiny.

Once you reach the counter the old woman begins to sort a large basket of mixed berries into smaller ones as she talks to you. “Please excuse the chaos, it’s not normally like this.” As she tells you this she continues to have a genuine smile of delight on her face. Suddenly, a man who appears to be in his late 30’s or early 40’s approaches with a basket of Oran Berries in his hand. He isn’t smiling and appears to be exhausted. “Hello sir, welcome to our orchard, I’m Adam. I’m sure Granny Smith here told you about us already though.” Although he is worn out he is still being polite with you. “No, I didn’t get that far yet, dear.” She chuckles. “Ah. Well then I guess I’ll do the honors. This orchard is run by us, the Applewood family. My name is Adam and this is Granny Smith. You’ll also probably run into my daughter Ringo and my son Isaac if you decide to explore the orchard.” He pauses and pinches the bridge of his nose out of exhaustion and before he can speak again a Spearow swoops down and snatches the basket of Oran Berries right out of his other hand. “Ack! Sorry sir! I’ve gotta run!” And off he goes after the bird. Granny Smith chuckles and then begins to explain. “Our orchard isn’t usually this… Lively. But recently there has been a surge in the popularity of the Nanab Berry with a lot of the wild Pokemon around here. It all started after a Zigzagoon, cutest little thing, showed up and calmly picked a few Nanab berries. After that, more and more Pokemon began to come. Eventually, we ran out of Nanab berries and all of the Pokemon just began to run amuck. There are still a few Nanab berries that had fallen from their bushes and blown around the orchard so that seems to be what they are after now. There obviously must be a reason for all of this chaos but I don’t know what that is.” You can’t help but notice how happy Granny Smith seems to be as she explains the situation. “Now you may be wondering why I still look happy. Well, this is the most lively this place has been in decades and I can’t help but find all of this chaos a bit fun. That said, we do obviously need to regain order.”

As she pauses, a Rattata suddenly climbs the counter and pulls an Oran Berry out of one of the baskets she was sorting and chucks it at another Rattata before taking off again. The Oran Berry misses its target and just splatters on the ground. “Well sir, I’d hate to burden you but normally we ask folks to help us out with little errands around the orchard and in return we offer them Berries and Apricorn’s as payment. Well, I can certainly still offer that payment to you but todays errands aren’t exactly small…” She looks out at the wild Pokemon who are causing all sorts of mayhem. You see the teenage girl still chasing the one Rattata in the distance, Adam is still trying to get his basket back from the Spearow, the Kricketot are still fighting over a Nanab Berry that has been torn in half and at this point the halves have been stomped on too, and just then you hear rustling and look toward the sound and watch as another Kricketot appears to have been thrown out of a tree by something and is now on the ground holding a Pecha Berry while crying. You don’t even know how it got up there in the first place. “So, if you would like to help out, the task I would have to ask of you is to maybe solve one of the many little disputes you see within our orchard currently. I’m going to see if I can get to the bottom of this. I don’t suppose you… No. I couldn’t ask a guest to try and solve this entire problem. Just helping out with one of these little messes would be fantastic if you’re willing! You’re welcome to go on ahead, dear!” What will you do?
Four hills. That was all they had to cross to reach Oran Orchard. Gavin chuckled as he thought of this. "If that con man could flee from that ranger that fast, he could make this walk easy," he said to Miror.

"Marac, Maractus," Miror nodded in agreement.

"But holy shit, look at this place," Gavin added, as the Oran Orchard drew nearer. "Damn. Is it always this lively?" he remarked.

Before they could ponder the liveliness of the place, however, a kindly old woman approached to greet them. Gavin couldn't help but smile back. "Thanks," he said, following her through the scenes of mild chaos, all of which seemed to involve berries. More specifically, the Nanab Berry. This made the source of such squabbling just a bit clearer to Gavin, who exchanged significant looks with Miror as they followed the old woman over to a small counter. And as Gavin's trained eye (and a quick glance at his Poké Radar) could tell him, not a Shiny to be found.

"Yeah, I'll bet," Gavin murmured as the woman explained that the place wasn't usually so chaotic. What he did notice, however, was how happy this woman seemed about he chaos. At that point, a man approached them, introducing himself as Adam, and the woman as Granny Smith. After Granny Smith confirmed that she hadn't yet explained about them and the orchard, Adam did just that. "Well, good to meet you both," nodded Gavin. "Name's Gavin, and this is Miror."

"Maractus," nodded Miror, greeting their hosts.

At that point, a Spearow swooped down before Adam, swiping an entire basket of Oran Berries right out of his hand, prompting him to run after the Tiny Bird Pokémon, and prompting Granny Smith to get on the subject of the liveliness of the orchard. It all started, as Gavin had started to guess, with a sudden influx in interest in the Nanab Berry, followed by not enough Nanab Berries to meet the demand, followed by frantic squabbles over what few Nanab Berries remained, almost as though they needed them to buy pieces of garbage that were overhyped and marketed as miracle items that could solve their problems instantly. Or something like that. And before Gavin could point out Granny Smith's happiness at the chaos, she had an answer for that- she found the chaos to be kinda fun, as it was the most lively the orchard had been in decades. "I guess I get that," nodded Gavin. "I grew up in Orre, myself- not a lot happens out there." He nodded as Granny Smith conceded that some order still needed to be regained. Chaos, after all, was only fun for so long. And then she asked Gavin if he could help with said chaos- they usually asked visitors to help out around the place in exchange for payment in the form of berries and Apricorns, and while such an offer still stood, the errands he'd have to do wouldn't exactly be easy. "I can imagine," he murmured. "But yeah, I'll see what I can do," he nodded. "C'mon, Miror, let's check this place out."

"Rrractus," agreed Miror, following Gavin as he headed off, approaching one of the nearest Pokémon they could see.

"Alright, man, it's clear what's going on here," Gavin whispered to Miror. "That fucking con man must have gotten a shitload of customers to buy his crap. I'm thinking we try and expose his lies for what they really are."

"Ractus. Marrrractus," nodded Miror. "Rac, marac Maractus," he added, pointing to the crying Kricketot who seemed to have been thrown out of the tree.

"Good starting point," nodded Gavin. "I'm thinking we heal that one up first, though, get it to calm down. Getting thrown out of a tree can't be a picnic." As Miror nodded his agreement, Gavin stood back up, plucking a Poké Ball off his belt and enlarging it. "Alright!" he declared. "Dudley! Shine for me!" he exclaimed as the Shiny Slowbro appeared in a flash of light and a swirl of sapphire sparkles.

"Slooooow?" Dudley said, looking vacant as ever. Kenny, the Shellder on his tail, rolled his eyes at his companion's cluelessness, before eyeing the crying Kricketot with no small amount of concern.

"Dudley, this way," Gavin said, leading the way to the Kricketot. "Use Heal Pulse. Hey, it's OK, little guy," he added to the crying Kricketot, waiting until Dudley was able to unleash the healing technique on Kricketot. "Look, you're after a Nanab Berry, right? Because that old man offered you something cool in return? Well, you don't need to worry about getting one for him- he was lying to you."

"Ractus, Maractus," Miror added, nodding in agreement with Gavin, the Maractus explaining how Percy had offered to sell him what was allegedly Leftovers, but was in reality literal garbage that couldn't restore so much as a single hit point even if eaten by a Poison-type. He explained to Kricketot that no real held item could work as magically and as drastically as what Percy claimed to be selling.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:40 AM   #349
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Naruxami:
Vinny listened to her trainer’s strategy through heavy breaths as the poison continued to wreak havoc on her lungs. As he looked down on his Eevee, Isaac knew that despite them having the upper hand, Vinny would be best served if this battle were over sooner rather than later. By now, even though the Stunky had taken considerable damage from the ground typed attacks, it had use the ample time between strikes to focus its mind and buff itself up for battle. Those claws of it were becoming more and more of a threat by the minute.

With the two Pokemon facing off once again, their eye contact was promptly broken off by Vinny turning her back on the skunk to face her trainer. Stunky used the opportunity to charge forward, but it was just want the Eevee wanted, kicking her feet into the soil and flinging it in Stunky’s eyes. As the Sand Attack connected with its target, Stunky let out a furious hiss and lunged forward to Scratch Vinny only to come up with air. Gracefully spinning out of the way, Vinny used the momentum to whip her tail around as it glowed brightly to strike the Stunky in the side with a hard Iron Tail. Stunky went flying into a tree with a thud. As it squealed in pain, Vinny suddenly froze up. Upon making contact with the skunk, the overbearing Stench of it caused her to flinch in revulsion. Stunky slowly got back to its feet as some of the dirt cleared from its eyes and charged forward, Scratching the frozen Eevee as hard as it could.

Vinny reeled in pain as the strike hit her critically in the side. She gasped for air, falling into a small sun spot near the rock as a beam of light trickled down from the dense canopy. Both Pokemon were still hanging in there, but it wouldn’t take much to decide the final outcome of this battle. As Vinny struggled to catch her breath, she felt the warmth of the sunlight throughout her body. It seemed to give her confidence and make her feel stronger and faster than she ever had before. It seemed like something was changing inside of her and that change would come about very soon.
Defiant. That would be a key word one may use to describe Vinny. She was too proud to ever admit defeat, she would laugh in the face of death if it ever gave her a chance to. Isaac knew she was in bad shape, but who she herself ever admit it? Of course not. What was the fun of playing into their hands and admitting defeat? She would always fight till the bitter end, no matter the consequences. Besides, this was for her. She already felt... off. She couldn't explain it, but something about her felt different. Her joints felt faster, her swipes at the enemy felt heavier... the change was happening --- she wasn't sure how quickly it would come about, but she knew for certain that it was coming. Now, this pesky Stunky was the only true problem. She stared it down, that stench was getting on her nerves. It was so strong that it was making her cringe in place, how could such a foul smelling creature be so... cute..? She couldn't exactly place it, but something about he creature was actually appealing. She was sure her trainer felt the same, maybe she was drawn to it because that stench reminded her of the way Isaac would smell after his alone time.

Isaac stared at his Eevee, was there something different about her? He couldn't be sure, but somehow she seemed more confident... more full of poise and ready to attack. Despite her looking somewhat rough on her feet, he admired her rugged and defiant glare. It was that stare that made him fall in love with the Eevee upon first meeting her. It was brimming with defiance and mischievousness. It was all the aspects of confidence that he lacked, and maybe that's why she helped him so much in his musical career. They were polar opposites, but somehow they clicked through bond so well. Her, a rebel at heart. Him, a shy outcast that was transformed by his music. He sighed happily, he was ecstatic that his Eevee would finally transform into the form she desired most.

"Alright Vin, you got this." He clenched his fist, watching as the Eevee grit her teeth together. "I think this skunk is on it's last legs. Go for another Dig, and once you pop out of the Earth, slam it hard with a Tackle!" Called Isaac. The Eevee smirked, baring her sharp canines. She jumped into the soft soil, ready to strike from beneath the skunk.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:10 AM   #350
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Meetan – Joe was becoming more and more desperate as he watched the poor Wartortle struggle with the Sludge. He wasn’t feeling too great himself after being hit once so he was really feeling for Franklin and felt pretty helpless. Suddenly, you teleported down the hill and behind Greg. Joe see’s you and is surprised for only a moment but is then immediately relieved to see your Abra because it meant that you are a trainer and they obviously needed some help. Before he even had a chance to greet you, you throw Mimi out onto the field which surprises Greg whom you were behind. He steps back and bumps into you, turning around the instant he realizes that someone is behind him. “Wha!? It’s you!! I thought I told you to scram!” Greg’s reaction grabs Joe’s attention. “Wait… You know this woman?” There was no time for Greg to respond, Mimi throws up a Barrier in order to make sure he doesn’t try running away and then uses Confusion to hold him still. “What… Are… You… DOING!?” Greg is struggling to speak because of the Confusion but he is clearly planning to play dumb, he doesn’t know that you saw anything.

“Whoa whoa whoa!! Miss! He’s a ranger! We’re rangers! I know this looks bad but we are the good guys I promise! Just please try to help Franklin and I will join you as soon as I get one of these pokeballs free.” He points toward the Wartortle and then continues to mess with the balls on his belt. He is also very concerned for Tank and hopes that he didn’t run into any danger of his own but has to help Franklin for the time being. Axel charged into battle and the strategy was a complete success. He used Blow Back on the nearest Trubbish who was blown away and tumbled through the messy sludge by several meters. He instantly followed that up by smashing into the other one with a Zen Headbutt which successfully makes the Trubbish flinch so that it can’t counter in any way before getting hit with the Fire Punch which causes it to tumble right into its friend. (Axel gains 1 level) Finally, Franklin has a moment where more sludge isn’t getting poured onto him and his Rapid Spin does the trick and gets most of it off, while unfortunately getting several drops of it on you, your Pokemon, Joe, and Greg since it was getting flung everywhere. He finally gets to stop spinning and is completely out of breath, he also isn’t looking too good right now, it’s almost as if he’s sick. Joe notices this and reaches inside of a pouch he wears on his hip and pulls out an Antidote, fortunately his pouch was still accessible. He throws the medicine to Franklin who knows what to do and sprays himself with it. “Tortle!” Franklin is looking much better now and runs next to Axel preparing to take those two Trubbish on together. The thing is, the Trubbish aren’t attacking. They have both gotten back up since their tumble but they look like they don’t know what it is they are supposed to be doing now. There is nothing but silence for a while, Mimi lets up on her confusion a bit which makes it so that Greg breaks free from it. Forgetting about the barrier, he goes to run somewhere but smashes into it. “Damnit!!!” He shouts. Joe turns toward Greg who is flustered. “Calm down Greg. They aren’t attacking anymore. We just need to keep a better eye on them.” That’s when Greg just rolls his eyes. “Alright, this really isn’t fun anymore. Okay you two!! Time to take everyone out! Throw down some Toxic Spikes then one of you attack the Wartortle and the other get the Abra! Ignore the Mime Jr. for now but don’t let your guards down! Now, both of you use Acid Spray and follow that up with more Sludge!!” Once Greg is finished, Joe is just shocked as he starts to put all of the pieces together, hopefully he’ll snap out of it soon. What will you do?
Alice was smug to see their surprise attacks had been a success, and she was even more sure that the moves had been the right ones to make when the Trubbish looked so clueless. If they really had been wild, surely they would have attacked by now to defend themselves? Alice supposed that if they had been snagged by a styler, perhaps not, but it wasn't as if the item was a placating brainwashing device, right? Joe looked stunned to see her, far more naturally than Greg, although even as he overdid things Alice doubted herself just a tad. That didn't last long, though, because the false hero soon gave in and gave himself away to start a fight that the trainer was going to make him lose, and with Joe having healed poor Franklin of his affliction, Alice only had to wait for his stand in support to get their head in the game for it to be a truly fair and set match. Ignoring Mimi would be Greg's downfall, too, the idol was sure, but she made sure to stand to the side just incase, not wanting to get covered in toxins and sick for herself if it could be helped. Samantha was the one with heal pulse and she was absent from the team, after all.

"Axel, dodge with your teleport! Then zen headbutt and blowback to launch the Trubbish again! Mimi, join in with confusion and thunderbolt attacks!" Alice knew that the ranger wasn't exactly in a thinking mood right now, and so the blonde took liberties. "Franklin, Joe isn't with it right now, so let me help you until he is! Cut through those poison attacks with a rapid spin, then give it all you have with your water moves! Put that Trubbish at a distance and keep it strong and clean, you got me? Make Ivan proud!" With her orders given, Alice's own two Pokemon dove straight in, and she kept her proverbial fingers crossed that the Wartortle wouldn't hesitate either.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records