Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #26901
Pest
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
And so, my Cascoon has evolved into Dustox. *Falls asleep*
Congrats on your new Dustox!

I'm pretty excited myself ... just had my first ever evolution. Venus is now a Lopunny! *squee*
Old 03-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #26902
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
And so, my Cascoon has evolved into Dustox. *Falls asleep*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pest View Post
Congrats on your new Dustox!

I'm pretty excited myself ... just had my first ever evolution. Venus is now a Lopunny! *squee*
Congrats!

Seems like a lot of 'mon are evolving lately... Guess spring is a time of growth, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
If you insist... Cascadia Updates posted! :P

Sorry it took me so long, people. And sorry if there are more than a few mistakes in there, proofreading only helps so much but I'm dead tired. :/

AR updates coming soon.
Thanks, and no prob, MZ. Get some rest. ^^
Old 03-24-2013, 10:44 PM   #26903
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Everyone, say hello to Chance!

; Hi, everybody!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #26904
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I know it should be a gender neutral name given it's a gender neutral term, but I can't hear the name Chance and not think it's exclusively a boys' name. Probably because of this.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #26905
Allishinca
Boulder Badge

I somehow missed a whole week in Fizzy Bubbles.
17 Credit Hours, 30 Hour Work Weeks, and a new
pet bunny have been sucking up all my time lately. :C
Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #26906
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I know it should be a gender neutral name given it's a gender neutral term, but I can't hear the name Chance and not think it's exclusively a boys' name. Probably because of this.
I haven't seen Homeward Bound since I was a little girl... Now I want to watch it again.

On the subject of giving female Pokemon masculine names, back when I hatched my female Dratini a long time ago, I named her August even though August is a male name, with Augusta being the female version. She was born in August (before Pokemon birthdays were implemented) and for some reason, it made sense to give a female dragon who was going to evolve into a muscular powerhouse a more masculine name. I think August suits her better than Augusta, especially now.

I can definitely see Chance working for MM's Squirtle, particularly if he evolves her all the way to Blastoise (though I don't know if he will).

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
FB Affinity Avenue

Credit to Pengyzu for my user bar. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #26907
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
I can definitely see Chance working for MM's Squirtle, particularly if he evolves her all the way to Blastoise (though I don't know if he will).
Yes, Chance will evolve all the way to Blastoise.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:58 PM   #26908
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Everyone, say hello to Chance!

; Hi, everybody!
'Sup, Chance? What happened to keeping Jaws in case the Wynaut plan didn't pan out? Sorry about that btw.

Quote:
"Chance" automatically makes me think of Chansey, which leans me more towards female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishinca View Post
I somehow missed a whole week in Fizzy Bubbles.
17 Credit Hours, 30 Hour Work Weeks, and a new
pet bunny have been sucking up all my time lately. :C
*pat pat* I know the busy feeling. x.X At least I don't have to work... Yet.

Aw, a bunny? What's its name? =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Yes, Chance will evolve all the way to Blastoise.
And what about Pomona? *shot*

Are you going to get a Charmander too?
Old 03-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #26909
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
'Sup, Chance? What happened to keeping Jaws in case the Wynaut plan didn't pan out? Sorry about that btw.
That was indeed what I was going to do, but after the Gible-Wynaut trade was cancelled, BTM PM'd me, proposing the trade, and as I still vividly remember how reluctant I was to give up Wartortle, I found myself inclined to go with this.

Quote:
And what about Pomona? *shot*

Are you going to get a Charmander too?
Pomona will still remain an Ivysaur. And yes, I intend to get a Charmander.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #26910
Green Zubat
Boulder Badge

Congrats on the Squirtle, MM! I approve of your name choice, also because of Homeward Bound--one of my fave films growing up (still is, haha).

Uuuuugh, can't wait for April 1st to roll around; I think I might go for the AC Pidove. I know it's the female form, but the more I think about it the more I want it, plus my trainer character is very alternative, so he'd probs prefer the female form. And I need a Flying-type besides.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig
Old 03-25-2013, 01:00 AM   #26911
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pest View Post
In other news, it's nearly Snivy day, so if you have a Snivy you'd better hide her because I'm so jealous give her some neat birthday stuff.
Thanks for the reminder, Pest.

...Come to think of it, does no one else have a Snivy?

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 03-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #26912
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
UNOwenwasme has one, but he's inactive. You're the only active member with one. *plots to steal SS's Snivy*

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 03-25-2013, 03:03 AM   #26913
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Not that I know of, although I definitely need one to play off of my Dewott and Pignite.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #26914
Allishinca
Boulder Badge

Quote:
*pat pat* I know the busy feeling. x.X At least I don't have to work... Yet.

Aw, a bunny? What's its name? =3
Actually he came with the name Loki. I got him from a Coworker's daughter's friend's family, as they could no longer take care of him. He's pretty sweet, and likes to nuzzle for attention.

It's been almost six years since I last owned a bunny, so I'm still getting back into the swing of things. I let him out to run his first day without properly bunny-proofing the house and he ended up chewing through the Super Nintendo power cord. ^^:

Spoiler: show
Old 03-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #26915
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishinca View Post
Actually he came with the name Loki. I got him from a Coworker's daughter's friend's family, as they could no longer take care of him. He's pretty sweet, and likes to nuzzle for attention.

It's been almost six years since I last owned a bunny, so I'm still getting back into the swing of things. I let him out to run his first day without properly bunny-proofing the house and he ended up chewing through the Super Nintendo power cord. ^^:

Spoiler: show
DAWWWWWWW! Loki, Codi, same thing. S:3*

*I think that's a bunny. Maybe.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #26916
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw indeed! What a cute little bunny! :3 But bad bunny for chewing on SNES power cords, bad! X)

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
Old 03-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #26917
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Clearly your new rabbit knows where your new priorities lie.

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 03-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #26918
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
Congrats on the Squirtle, MM! I approve of your name choice, also because of Homeward Bound--one of my fave films growing up (still is, haha).

Uuuuugh, can't wait for April 1st to roll around; I think I might go for the AC Pidove. I know it's the female form, but the more I think about it the more I want it, plus my trainer character is very alternative, so he'd probs prefer the female form. And I need a Flying-type besides.
I can't wait for April 1st to roll around, either. It's my birthday, after all! Also I just realised you own a Snubbull you bitch I want one~~! T^T -Adds to list of normal types she wouldn't mind on her team, alongside Miltank, Cleffa, Kangaskhan and a bunch of others-

In other news, I have powerlevelled Swinub to Lv. 100! Woohoo~! So he will no longer need Daycare stoof. I may throw Lotad in there next week, although I'm tempted to leave him to gain all his BPs first. There's no point in Abra going into Daycare currently, because he won't gain any moves, anyways!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #26919
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
In other news, I have powerlevelled Swinub to Lv. 100! Woohoo~!
So... he won't ever become a gorgeous Mamoswine? 8'(

EDIT: Arcane Realm update posted.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #26920
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Okay, guys, I have two slots in the Cloud Garden available. Get 'em while they're hot!

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #26921
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:

FB is different from the video games in this regard. You needn't be lower than Level 100 to evolve. (In fact, historically you could go over Level 100, so even if FB were like the video games and required leveling up to evolve you could still accomplish it in this manner for a Level 100 Pokémon; but as there was no benefit in doing so, overleveling was rarely ever done. Amras.MG did it once with one of his Pokémon ... yeah, that's the only example I know of off the top of my head.)

If you think about the pre-October 29 2012 rule system, it makes sense that you wouldn't want to force people to choose between RPing (which is what most of us are supposedly here for) and gaining a new team slot. And you'd be forcing them to make that very choice if, for instance, they had a Level 98 Squirtle and they were like, "I haven't gotten enough RPing in yet to warrant evolving my Squirtle ... but I also need a new team slot ... but I also want to have her become a Blastoise in the end. " So naturally, there was a divorce between the video games' Level 100 policy on evolution (i.e. you're stuck once you hit 100, sorry) and FB's.

The other problem with locking FB toe in step with the video games comes in the form of new evolutions. Say for example Qwilfish gains a new evolution. And say MM takes one look at it and is like "YES. PLEASE. " And say his Qwilfish, Hebenon, is at Level 100. If this were the video games, he'd be screwed unless the evolution method were stone-based or trade-based. If it required leveling up while knowing Ancient Power? Or if it required leveling up with max happiness? Then he'd be screwed if FB were like the video games. There's no reason for FB, which makes its own rules, to screw its players over like that. So it doesn't. It says "the games' level 100 limit on evolutions is dumb " and doesn't follow it.

In before staff says I'm wrong.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #26922
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Okay, guys, I have two slots in the Cloud Garden available. Get 'em while they're hot!
Would like to join in, but I rather let priority to those who are less fortunate, zone and first capture-wise

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
Old 03-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #26923
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:

Of course he will. In Fizzy Bubbles, you don't need a level up to initiate evolution, remember? He'll have his moment, but he needs to become a Piloswine first. The Unown campaign will likely be the place for that seeing as Astoria/Cloud Gardens are Alice's first treks out and the adventures where he's featured a lot besides that. He has shown up in FFA but that seems to be where Torchic is shining, and he won't be evolving there (though he could possibly in Phantom Isle). So, yeah.

EDIT: My Darling Talon got in there before me. ;P But you're also forgetting an important fact: Alice is a lazy ass. There is NO WAY she wouldn't have Swinub evolve into a cuddly giant who could carry her everywhere. Heels are more favourable when one doesn't need to walk. xP In fact, the opening to her CG adventure was her whining that he needed to evolve already!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #26924
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
FB is different from the video games in this regard. You needn't be lower than Level 100 to evolve. (In fact, historically you could go over Level 100, so even if FB were like the video games and required leveling up to evolve you could still accomplish it in this manner for a Level 100 Pokémon; but as there was no benefit in doing so, overleveling was rarely ever done. Amras.MG did it once with one of his Pokémon ... yeah, that's the only example I know of off the top of my head.)

If you think about the pre-October 29 2012 rule system, it makes sense that you wouldn't want to force people to choose between RPing (which is what most of us are supposedly here for) and gaining a new team slot. And you'd be forcing them to make that very choice if, for instance, they had a Level 98 Squirtle and they were like, "I haven't gotten enough RPing in yet to warrant evolving my Squirtle ... but I also need a new team slot ... but I also want to have her become a Blastoise in the end. " So naturally, there was a divorce between the video games' Level 100 policy on evolution (i.e. you're stuck once you hit 100, sorry) and FB's.

The other problem with locking FB toe in step with the video games comes in the form of new evolutions. Say for example Qwilfish gains a new evolution. And say MM takes one look at it and is like "YES. PLEASE. " And say his Qwilfish, Hebenon, is at Level 100. If this were the video games, he'd be screwed unless the evolution method were stone-based or trade-based. If it required leveling up while knowing Ancient Power? Or if it required leveling up with max happiness? Then he'd be screwed if FB were like the video games. There's no reason for FB, which makes its own rules, to screw its players over like that. So it doesn't. It says "the games' level 100 limit on evolutions is dumb " and doesn't follow it.

In before staff says I'm wrong.
I know all of this. :P It's not the fact that it's Lv 100 and thus locked, it's that it's already Lv 100 and she hasn't chosen to evolve him yet - it's not a matter of "you can't do it anymore", rather "won't you do it at all? Pleeease?"

If that makes any sense :P

EDIT: Yeah Meetan, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks :P
Old 03-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #26925
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
I know all of this. :P It's not the fact that it's Lv 100 and thus locked, it's that it's already Lv 100 and she hasn't chosen to evolve him yet - it's not a matter of "you can't do it anymore", rather "won't you do it at all? Pleeease?"

If that makes any sense :P

EDIT: Yeah Meetan, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks :P
Haha, no problem! I can't wait for the day he evolves, I'm really excited now. <3 I'm wondering who to power level next if I come into a big bunch of candies again. Pineco or Torchic? I've never even role played with Pineco before, though. D: A few posts in the bar, and that was that, back in the day. </3 I also refuse to evolve Torchic before Lv. 43, so perhaps that'd make more sense.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out