UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #251
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: Pokemon diamond and pearl.

One migraine and two long battles later (total Ultra Balls thrown between them, over 60; total balls thrown, over 90), I have signed on to say this:

Azelf broke my spirit. -_-;

After six long years of not having touched a Master Ball ... the only time I ever used one being to catch Suicune on Pokémon Silver ... I have decided that I am going to abandon my goal of catching Azelf in any regular PokéBall and am going to cram his cocky legendary ass inside of a cold, heartless Master Ball. -_-;

My plan is to go ahead and do this:
  1. Fight Azelf.[/*2c781]
  2. Throw the Master Ball on turn 1. (urp, migraine ... nauseous as I type this -.-; )[/*2c781]
  3. See what stats and personality Azelf has.[/*2c781]
  4. If shitty, turn off the DS and start over with #1. If decent or good, continue on to #5. Decent is fine. Will settle for decent.[/*2c781]
  5. Enjoy having a completed Seen Sinnoh Dex.[/*2c781]
  6. Be sad that Azelf broke my spirit the same way Suicune did six years ago ...[/*2c781]

ichimaru, I will probably be unable to check this thread after right now until later tonight. So, for your only chance to grab me at your desired time, you'll need to be waiting for me on the WiFi thing, inviting me for a trade. I suggest doing so at 6pm sharp and at 6:55pm, as I will shoot for trying at those times if possible.

Ugh ... X_x ............. *needs to go catch Azelf without puking .......... damn you, Azelf .... X_x*

EDIT: Thanks to Loki, this post didn't go through. Kuno, I'm begging you ... please disable the feature that asks if I want to review the post before it goes through. Can you hold a poll or something to see how many people like it, and if they sort of like it, sort of hate it, love it, or despise it? I CAN'T FUCKING STAND IT. It makes my migraine 10x worse to see these posts not going through because somebody wrote a teeny-ass post quicker than I did. -_-; For the love of God, kill the feature ;_; ...... *ugh*

Anyway, maybe I should be grateful to Loki. In the interrim (when i assumed this had been posted), I checked advise people had online for catching Azelf. And it looks like a lot of people have had success catching him just by throwing balls without even knocking down his health. (It's the same way I got Groudon in his PokeBall in Ruby.) So ... I will try that. Maybe GameFreak have become a bunch of fuckers and they make it easier to catch a legendary at 100% health than when he's in the low red. If so ... ugh. -________-;
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:59 PM   #252
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

It seems like I have this unique ability to block all your incoming rants with stupid little posts.

Hurrah for my newfound super powers! Now I can be a Hero as well! *is on the list*
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:07 PM   #253

I have Jirachi disc too. Got some good Jirachis off my Sapphire. BTW, iirc, Fire REd and Leaf Green don't work on it.

I prefer them because i know what they do. Macho Brace doubles your EV's while Power items adds 4 evs to that stat. If I constantly fought pokemon that gave 2 evs raw, then I would get a bigger boost, but most o fthe time the common pokemona re what you ev train off of, so the 4 Evs make it faster.

only the Male is needed Talon. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:12 PM   #254
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichimaru
I have Jirachi disc too. Got some good Jirachis off my Sapphire. BTW, iirc, Fire REd and Leaf Green don't work on it.
I got it to work... I think... You need the National Dex first iirc. Or something like that. Anyway, I got a Jirachi on Fire and it's got the trainer's actual name on it, so I'm assuming I didn't restart my Sapphire to have the same name as my Fire Red. That woulda confused my arrangements on Box.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #255

I thought OT was Wishmakr or something. >>;;
Old 05-14-2007, 05:14 PM   #256
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichimaru
only the Male is needed Talon. Thanks.
I hope you're online right now. 6:50 to 6:55's looking less likely, we haven't started dinner yet but will soon. I'm on RIGHT NOW, though, if you see this, and will wait for you until you show up ... unless, of course, you're waiting for me. If you don't see me, it means I went to dinner. :\
Old 05-14-2007, 05:15 PM   #257
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush

Ichi, I've got your female Spiritomb as well. Nature is kinda ehhhh (Gentle) but breeding shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'll be online most of tonight, so hopefully we can work it out tonight.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #258
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

I finally hatched a relaxed Mudkip (thanks ichi for all the ideas on making a bad ass one with ice beam, earthquake, stealth rock, and roar.) Now I need to hatch a nincada then I can finally make my super uuber pearl team! Btw anyone want a mudkip? I have tons.
SulcataIxlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #259

I'm going to go on now. Thanks you guys.

FUCK forgot to attach dinosaur fossil. >>;;
Old 05-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #260
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Ready when you are.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:57 PM   #261

Do you still need Pokerus?
Old 05-14-2007, 06:00 PM   #262
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Already got it, thanks. By the way, my internet connection is full of it at the moment. e_e Sorry for the delay.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #263

Its all good. Your the provider. Take as long as you need.

You wouldn't mind me trading you a Pokerused Starly would you? I promise ill get you much better stuff when I can transfer. >>;;
Old 05-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #264
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I was more surprised that I got the silent treatment than anything else, dude. -_-; I tried talking to you, but you didn't even tell me to be quiet or something -- you just ignored me! Especially since this was my first time ever going on the WiFi where somebody never said something back (SI, quilava_plush, and Kuno all spoke), I was really surprised by that. Kuno says you probably have your reasons, but ... I'd like to hear those, if I may ...

Don't worry about the dinosaur fossil. I already have a Cranidos (who became a Rampardos) courtesy of trading with somebody on the GTS, I think. I also already had Murkrow (and Stunky, too) -- as I told you, I think I have everything you could possibly offer me from where you are in the game. As you get later on, then there will be some Diamond exclusives which I lack.

Does anybody know why my game keeps telling me that Munchlax's area cannot be found, even though he's a honey-tree Pokemon? Is he a Diamond exclusive!? O_o; (I do have a Munchlax, he's the guy keeping my infected Pokemon from spreading the Pokerus, courtesy of his emoticon status.)

Piece of GTS Advice: even though I'd like to selfishly keep this sort of strategy to myself, there's little point in that when most of you are able to put it to good use while I still am not. So, here goes. I've spent a lot of time looking at the GTS for trends, and I've noticed two things that we could exploit:
  1. There seem to be a lot of kids who ask for Level 50 tree creatures (like Vespiquen, Combee, Wormadam, the like) in exchange for the three legendaries, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. Pretty nice deal, if you ask me.[/*bf3f7]
  2. There is at least one kid (maybe more) who lives in California according to the GTS, and what this kid does is, he goes on to the GTS, puts up his Dialga, and says, "What I want in exchange is a Level 100 [insert crazy answer]". Today it was Aipom. Yesterday, it was Zigzagoon. And the day before that, it was Abra. He seems to get off on playing with people's emotions and/or playing Russian Roulette with his Dialga. He's got a problem. But hey, that's no reason for us not to take him up on his generous offer. So my advice to you is, if you have any Level 100s that are unevolved and are UU Pokemon (like a Zigzagoon), be on the lookout for this kid. He offers Dialga, and he lives in California. You'll know him if you see him. If for some crazy reason you used to love Aipom and you raised one to Level 100, sign on right now and see if he's still on.[/*bf3f7]
Old 05-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #265

I'm really sorry TAlon. I completly forgot about the mic on the DS and I play with my volume off so I couldn't hear anything. >>;;

I kinda realized after that that you might have tried to talk to me and I was like, fuck again. I'm sorry man. I really am.

BTW, the kid might be trying to clone his Dialga. I'll post the thing when I find it later.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:08 PM   #266
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

I wouldn't be surprised if Dialga Boy is cloning it since there's a cloning glitch (and additionaly a trick that involves evolving trade-evo Pokemon without trading it) that involves the GTS. As much as I would like multiple TMs, I would never run the risk since I've heard stories of people's shiny Pokemon being whisked away when the owner was trying to evolve/clone them.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:51 PM   #267
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Freaking sweet I caught a Rotom today in a Premiere ball. >:3 It has max or at least close to max def, spd + sp.def. Shitty atk and sp.atk though. <.<

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:09 PM   #268
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Oh lawl.

I went out with Sneasel to pickpocket Elekids for more Electrizers. Of course, an Elekid, being rare, took a while to show up, and when one finally did I was about to use Thief until I decided, "...Nah, I'll just catch it." I had an empty slot for quick check-ups on Pokemon I caught, so when I caught the Elekid, I went straight to its info not only to find that i had an Electrizer (my second Electrizer on my second Elekid sighting) but it had Pokerus of all things. XD Meaning had I not traded with Kuno and Ichi, I probably would've gotten it anyways.

The only thing that would've made it even more unbelievable is if it was shiny and/or Adamant-natured (Relaxed nature instead).
Old 05-14-2007, 10:14 PM   #269
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by quilava plush
Meaning had I not traded with Kuno and Ichi, I probably would've gotten it anyways.
I'm not so sure about that. Yes, I agree that it's possible that the Elekid had the Pokerus to begin with and you caught him with the virus, but if your current team is infected and (more importantly) your 5th creature's in the infectious stage of the Pokerus, then it's possible that this is how the game processed his status ...

1 - you caught him
2 - he got added to the team roster in position #6
3 - the game rolled the dice for "Will #5 spread the disease to his neighbors?"
4 - it returned an answer of "YES"
5 - the Elekid was infected

So then, when you checked, it looked like it "instantaneously" had it.

Am I wrong? (For instance, did absolutely none of your current line-up have the Pokerus in its infectious stage?)
Old 05-14-2007, 10:28 PM   #270
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
Quote:
Originally Posted by quilava plush
Meaning had I not traded with Kuno and Ichi, I probably would've gotten it anyways.
I'm not so sure about that. Yes, I agree that it's possible that the Elekid had the Pokerus to begin with and you caught him with the virus, but if your current team is infected and (more importantly) your 5th creature's in the infectious stage of the Pokerus, then it's possible that this is how the game processed his status ...

1 - you caught him
2 - he got added to the team roster in position #6
3 - the game rolled the dice for "Will #5 spread the disease to his neighbors?"
4 - it returned an answer of "YES"
5 - the Elekid was infected

So then, when you checked, it looked like it "instantaneously" had it.

Am I wrong? (For instance, did absolutely none of your current line-up have the Pokerus in its infectious stage?)
..Double-checking my lineup, I think you're actually right. @_@ I was actually oblivious that I had some other teammates infected since I was messing around with the virus (ergo breeding an Adamant Heracross then infecting the offspring before trading it for a Sandshrew via GTS) and didn't really do anything to control it, much less know about it, haha.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:33 PM   #271
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

Taking a minor break from hatching eggs, I gave the battle tower a shot! It was easy at first with Mesjid (nasty plot makes those battles real easy.) Palmer fought me a few minutes ago, so I went eh ok your probably easy as hell. He sends out rhyperior, so I sent out es biru thinking he'll be a piece of cake.

Rhyperior uses ice beam, and freezes es biru. People on smogon and stuff said that freeze got nerfed and only last for one turn, so I figured ok whats the worse he can do. It uses thunderbolt, and it criticals killing es biru. :O I sent out mesjid, and he spams extrasensory on it. It flinches rhyperior before I slaughtered that bastard once and for all. He sends out Dragonite, and I take this time to use a nasty plot. Dragonite uses Dragon dive, and nearly kills Mesjid. Mesjid then used a extrasensory... it missed!

The orange menace performs stone edge thus killing Mesjid for the first time ever. I send out Istiqal. Dragonite does stone edge, but Istiqal barely survive! So I used return, it criticalled, and then I did another return killed the bastard. Finally Milotic came out, ice beamed Istiqal, and I lost. Moral of the story: Freeze is still a annoying status effect like it is in the other games.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:51 PM   #272
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Now that I have the National Dex, Ditto, and Hotohori the Lvl 100 Milotic, I'm not so afraid of taking on the Battle Tower. Though there is the slight problem of Hotohori's SpAtt being a lot lower than I remembered ^_^; ... we'll see. ^_^;

By the way, I just realized something ... I have Ziggy the Linoone again! Which means good news for all of you who want and need rare stones -- he's Level 91, which means he should be guzzling Dusk, Dawn, and Shiny Stones as if they were water. And he may even gain the occasional 1%-chance TM 26 (Earthquake) or two. Trades are negotiable but encouraged as, well, frankly ... what the hell am I supposed to do with all these extra stones!? :x

And as a helper for people looking for the Friend Codes page, "here I am!"
Old 05-15-2007, 07:00 AM   #273
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Woot, my Mansion pokemon today is Porygon. >:3

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:08 AM   #274
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

This morning has pwned lots of ass. I hatched a jolly nincada (naming her serangga; insect in bahasa indonesian) thus finishing my team egg hatching duties! :O I hit up the battle tower, thrashed the battle tycon with utmost prejudice (es biru manage to dodge a dragon drive and responded with a blizzard on the filthy orange skinned dragonite. The rest of his team fell due to surf and grass knot.) I earned about 32 bp so I bought the ev items that raise attack and defense by 4 points per ev gained in battle (quick question: let's say if I kill a pokemon with +attack ev I get four from the bracer and 1 or 2 from the pokemon I defeated?)

Now I am going to battle tower for the rest of the ev training items, and then I can finally go around making my uber SI team without anymore delays!
Old 05-15-2007, 08:39 AM   #275

The Power Items give +4 EVs every battle.

So if you had the power item that boosted Attack and you fought a Poochyena and killed it, then you get a total of 5 EVs.

If you killed a Zubat, yoou get 1 Speed EV and 4 Attack EVs.

iirc, Pokerus doesn't boost the EVs given to you by the Power Items, only the evs you recieve from the pokemon.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON