UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 07-03-2007, 10:59 PM   #601
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Re: Pokemon diamond and pearl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor
Some fear-mongerers are saying cloning is now an auto-ban on the GTS. Can anyone confirm/disprove?
Disprove. Cloned a Darkrai today (the changes happened last night).

They fucked up both the GTS and PBR random wi-fi. GTS won't let you trade any legendaries and PBR won't let you use legendaries on your trainer card unless you reset the card (and even then there's no guarantees it'll let you use them).
Old 07-03-2007, 11:13 PM   #602
Talon87
時の彼方へ

After he made this post, Kuno confirmed (and relayed to me in real time on AIM) that you can still search for legendaries. He looked for Dialga and got a hit.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:08 AM   #603
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
After he made this post, Kuno confirmed (and relayed to me in real time on AIM) that you can still search for legendaries. He looked for Dialga and got a hit.
Yes, but you won't be able to trade for them, apparently.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:19 AM   #604
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I don't care about legends, as long as I can make more TM's I'm happy.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:04 AM   #605
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I dunno about that. I saw five Palkias and (at least) seven Giratinas. It'll be interesting to see if somebody offers a deal that's easy to do (like "Giratina for a Hitmonchan") and if that Giratina vanishes in under 10 minutes or not.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #606
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

So I wanted to ask about Berries.

Essentially I've been growing berries I know the Berry Master won't give me or will give very rarely. And I noticed when I used Growth Mulch, I can't seem to break 5 berries, even if I water it A LOT. This was true with my Leppa Berries and it was true with the Salac Berries. So does that mean Stable Mulch will let more berries grow at the cost of extended growing time?
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #607
Another Fan
Boulder Badge

No. That's not it. Some berries just don't grow many berries.

The stable and growth is just about the water.

Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:57 AM   #608
Arnold
Just call me sir

I'm redoing my team to go with IV things, got myself a Nifty little Porygon =D
Porygon - #137 (Modest)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 5 - 7
Def: 27 - 29
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 20 - 21
Speed: 31

Going for a Slowpoke now and it's a bugger, got two that I'm thinking of breeding to get some stuff passed down but one I have in Daycarei s already got some nice stats so I dunno *carries on thinking and waiting for smogen people to reply to him*
Old 07-06-2007, 02:51 PM   #609
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Fan
No. That's not it. Some berries just don't grow many berries.

The stable and growth is just about the water.
I meant Damp last time.

Anyway, that means I can't get more then 5 berries per growth regardless of what fertilizer I use? How lame. I thought they would promote more berries per bushel if I used Damp, prolonged the growth period, and watered it more. But if what you say is true, that means I should only use Growth Fertilizer because Damp is useless.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:41 PM   #610
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Smogon's forums have a stat formula, but I'd prefer something a little more layman-friendly. Something like HTML or a java applet. I've lost any links I may have had, so I'm asking for somebody to link me to a reliable DP-era webpage that can take the reported stats, nature, and level of my Pokemon and spit back out what IVs it has.

Here are two examples of creatures I'm interested in diagnosing:

#1: Gyarados - Lvl 53 - Adamant - no effort
HP: 171
Att: 150
Def: 92
SpAtt: 70
SpDef: 119
Speed: 94

#2: Gastly - Lvl 16 - Timid - no effort
HP: 39
Att: 15
Def: 19
SpAtt: 39
SpDef: 21
Speed: 33

(Not asking you to calculate; all I want is the link. -.-)
Old 07-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #611
Loki

http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Online ... rs/IV.aspx

It's really nice because it lets you add more rows and even tells you what the next level that will help the calculation or the next EV amount that will help.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #612
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wow, if I am using that page correctly ... it just told me my Gyarados's Attack IV is 0.

EDIT: *jaw-drop to the floor* ... Adamant Gyarados, 0 Att. Timid Gastly, 0-2 Speed.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #613
Loki

Yeah, I've seen worse.

Lucky, they invented breeding for correcting such foibles.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #614

been bereeding magikarps on emerlad. they so hella easy to breed. takes less than 1 minute for an egg to hatch and im really close to getting 5 31 iv magikarps. been getting 31 atk and 31 speed, but 25+ defenses and 20+ hp. dont care about spatk.

just go breed them on rusa. really easy.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:07 PM   #615
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Why RuSa as opposed to DP? They're the same old Magikarp, with the same old Magcargo, and both bikes roughly cover 10 steps per second (Mach in RSE, Gear 2 in DP). Confirmed by the odometer in DP, while guestimated for RSE. So ... there's really no difference where I do it. ^_^; Right?
Old 07-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #616

biggest reason is how easy it is to catch dittos in the third gen. about one hour of ditto hunting and you can get the nature you want with 31 ivs in the areas you want, thus speeding up the process of good iv pokemon with the required nature. but if you breed w/o ditto, i guess its the same. Ditto just speeds the breeding process considerably.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #617
Loki

Idunno who said imported/migrated Ditto don't work with Everstone Personality Breeding. Thus far all of my imported ones have been successful in passing down their personalities at least 1/3rd of the time.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:41 AM   #618
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDevourer
Idunno who said imported/migrated Ditto don't work with Everstone Personality Breeding. Thus far all of my imported ones have been successful in passing down their personalities at least 1/3rd of the time.
That was a mistake from early on. The Everstone trick doesn't work if the two Pokemon are from game packs with different languages.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:32 PM   #619
Loki

http://community.livejournal.com/pokewifi/245656.html

Apparently the GTS is messed up. As the person said, they put up a Snover for a Gabite and got a Geodude nicknamed Gabite! WTF??

http://imageboard.pocketmonsters.net/Di ... 803656.jpg

A Torterra named Mew that is mixed up with the Mew search.

Nice Job Nintendo >>;;
Old 07-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #620
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDevourer
http://community.livejournal.com/pokewifi/245656.html

Apparently the GTS is messed up. As the person said, they put up a Snover for a Gabite and got a Geodude nicknamed Gabite! WTF??

http://imageboard.pocketmonsters.net/Di ... 803656.jpg

A Torterra named Mew that is mixed up with the Mew search.

Nice Job Nintendo >>;;
This is really old. Not only "I knew about this" old (which you know I don't give a shit about and hate when people say if it hasn't been posted on UPN yet XP), but I mean "May 29" old. a.k.a. I'm surprised you're only just now finding this out. The Japanese were the first to really take advantage of it -- they took advantage of our hunger for Spiritomb back in April 2007 and nicknamed a lot of creatures with the Japanese name for Spiritomb. And sure enough, a Spiritomb's picture would be shown even though the creature wasn't really a Spiritomb at all.

The Torterra in question, iirc, is a kid trying to pull this same prank off and phailing miserably. You're supposed to see the picture that matches the nickname for this trick (and hence why people get screwed), but this kid's Torterra named "MEW" still shows the Torterra icon, so he fucked up. I dunno how, I dunno why, he simply did. Sucks to be him.

I'm pretty sure there's this one Japanese guy who is still at it. Look for Gabite, and you'll find a Gabite with the nickname for Spiritomb and Spiritomb's picture. He had it up for three weeks in June, so it might still be there.

And (in real-time, as I write this), it just dawned on me that you don't ever get to use the GTS except when you go to Kuno's. Sorry. That would explain why you're only JUST NOW finding out about this. ^_^;
Old 07-12-2007, 11:05 AM   #621
S_M
Volcano Badge

Send a message via AIM to S_M

I just realized how much of a pain it'll be to get Darkrai after it comes out in Japan. :/

If anyone here gets one and is willing to clone/trade I want it. >>
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
S_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:54 PM   #622
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

So, just cleared the final set of trainers for the Stargazer Colosseum master round, after several attempts getting cockblocked by the second trainer and his Garchomp with 100% evasion under a Sandstorm. Then I got to fight Mysterial, and since I have Diamond he's using his non-shitty Pokemon team (Diamond has to fight Manaphy with infinite rain courtesy of Kyogre, while Pearl players get...Cherrim. What the fuck mate).

First time I get horrifically bitchslapped by the power of hax and a Choice Scarf Kyogre, which forces me to go back to the drawing board and swap Rhyperior and Azelf for Tyranitar and Vappy, with Ttar getting rid of that damnable rain and Vappy loling at all Water Spouts.

So I go through again, and it's round 2 with the short, irate midget. Send Ttar out with Blissey to nerf Kyogre's drizzle, and then swap him out with Vaporeon as planned.

Latios' Dragon Pulse crits and OHKOs Vappy.

Son of a bitch.

The rest of the battle quickly devolves into me sending cannon fodder at the uber zerg while Blissey Calm Minds her way to victory, but Mysterial does the unthinkable for the AI and recalls his Kyogre, sending it out later to clear the Sandstorm. The long story short is that a 6 CM Blissey--the last Pokemon on my team--manages to reduce Mysterial's team from four Pokemon to one.

Except Mysterial's last Pokemon is a Hydration Rest Manpahy. And the rain is pouring. And Blissey can't OHKO it, since it has a CM or two of its own under its belt.

The next twenty minutes were really exciting, if you considering stalling a Manaphy out of its Rests exciting.

But hey, I finally beat Stargazer colosseum. I figured that, hey, for all the bullshit and having to deal with tower hax times, like, 9000, I might unlock the Magmortar/Electivire mystery gift that Serebii said was in the American version.

"Congratulations on beating Stargazer colosseum! You have unlocked a new battle pass!"

Fuck you bitch.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:41 PM   #623
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Worst Stadium ever. Well, almost; I'd say it goes sort of like this:

Code:
          /\
         /  \
        /    \__
       /         \
   __/            \
  /
 ./
/
Stadium 1 (never came to America) is at the bottom. Didn't even fully support all 151 creatures.
Stadium 2 (a.k.a. "Stadium 1" to Americans) is at that first plateau you see.
Stadium 3 (a.k.a. "Stadium 2" to Americans) is the pinnacle of Stadium perfection for its time. All 251 creatures, Dodrio tower, kickass gym leaders, etc.
Stadium 4 (a.k.a. "Colosseum" and "XD") is that second plateau you see. Not as good as the GSC stadium, but still better than the previous two RBY ones.
Stadium 5 (a.k.a. PBR) is at the end of the final drop. It's probably as bad, if not worse, than Sta2, or the first Stadium to ever make it to the US.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:21 AM   #624
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I beat all of PBR with my regular vs play team. >.>

That includes the 100 survival and rank8 masters stargazer. And while the cherrim was really LOL I had to kill it the turn it came out. It's ability also doubles its partners special attack, and it had Mewtwo out.

No minigames suck but it's still kind of fun. And when I'm bored I go back to destroying noobs on the wifi. I think it's alot better then Collo and XD. When Loki was here he was telling me how completely shitty the graphics were. In this the graphics are really amazing.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:27 AM   #625
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I own Colo and I've seen the videos for PBR. PBR looks like "an airbrushed, dusted Colo." That's of course a good thing, not complaining, but it's also a minor cosmetic upgrade. It's not the major overhaul people were clamoring for.

Of course, this was known ever since the video came out at last year's E3 in May 2006, so I have no idea why so many fanboys are jumping ship now. It was crappy back then, and it's equally crappy now. (Or it was good back then, and it's equally good now, take your pick.) NOTHING'S CHANGED between PBR's trailer last year and the PBR product today.

Really, I'm sick and tired of Stadium games at this point since Stadium was (and always will be for me) an appetizer. It was an appetizer in the sense that "a full, 3D Pokemon RPG" would be the main course. We've been asking for a 3D adventure forever, and the closest we got was Colosseum's beautiful cities but rather boring story, lame hero, and HORRIBLE combat system + inability to catch wild Pokemon.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON