UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 04-23-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Adoption Centre

Howdy! Like I said in the development thread, I'm making a thread on the Adoption Centre since it will most likely need to be reintroduced at a faster rate to assist in Reset Shenanigans. The Google document I made with the totally not plagiarized draft for the shop can be found here, so feel free to make any edits or comments as you see fit. Anyway, thoughts, opinions, quick posts where you just say "I agree to everything", feel free to contribute whatever you wish!

Edit: Here's how the current Adoption Centre Opening Post looks so far (without any fancy formatting because I am lazy):

Adoption Centre

Welcome to the Fizzy Bubbles Adoption Centre.

Every so often, you find yourself in possession of a team member that just doesn’t synch with you well enough. You begin to wonder whether you’re the right trainer for them or not. Sometimes it all works out, and you’re both better off for it. But the others… that’s where the Adoption Centre comes into play. Instead of singing the same old song and dance trying to bond with a Pokémon that’s just not you, you can bring it to us and we can help them find a trainer that’ll be on their wavelength. And while you’re here, you might find a new friend who is on your level. Who knows?

Rules and Information:
* If you have a Pokémon you no longer want you may leave it here for another member to pick up and raise. Post it's level and gender, if it has one, and it will be added to the General Adoption list. Your Starter Pokémon cannot be added to the Adoption List.

* Members that are resetting will be allowed to drop off as many Pokémon from their old party as they wish into the Adoption Centre.

*As you drop your Pokémon off, you can choose whether or not to reset them. If you do, it will drop to Level 1 and its lowest evolutionary form (losing all Level-up moves in the process), and can also lose all Egg/MT/TM/HM moves it has previously learned if you so desire.

*A member may only adopt one Pokémon a month from the Adoption Centre.

* All Pokémon have a base adoption fee of $30. This will increase by $X per every Z levels above 1 and $Y per every A non-level up moves of the foster Pokémon. Payments are to be made up front and are non-refundable.

* If you want a Pokémon that has been left here, quote it from this post and provide a link to the Bank where you have withdrawn the money for its adoption. Once you have confirmation of adoption, you may add it to your party. Please do not add it to your party without confirmation.

Last edited by Whimsy; 04-30-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I kinda like the idea of not automatically resetting Adoption Center stuff down to level 1, lowest evolution form, and only its basic level 1 moves. I'm thinking we could work out some sort of system for figuring out how to adjust the price so you have to pay more to adopt something stronger. By no means should you have to pay the same price for a level 1 Bellsprout as for a level 78 Qwilfish with a buttload of TMs to its name. We could divide them up by their level into four categories, just like Trainer Battles are divided up by the levels of the participating Pokémon- levels 1 through 25 would be the cheapest to adopt, then you got levels 26 through 50 which would cost a bit more, then level 51 through 75, a bit pricier still, and finally, anything levels 76 through 100 would cost the most to adopt. I'm thinking the prices could perhaps be adjusted to account for TM/HM/MT/Egg moves, or if that would prove too tedious to keep track of, we simply wipe any moves that aren't level-up moves, though again, that would be a shame. Alternatively, learned moves could have no bearing on price?

Releasing... Not gonna lie, I know how this has been abused in the past, though I will say that those who used to release practically everything have stopped that habit. Besides, the ability to release Pokémon has seen some use beyond the controversy. I myself released my Unfezant. I wouldn't say no to releasing still being an option, though if there's a way to try and minimize the potential for abuse, then by all means, let's try and work it out.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Just throwing an idea in, have a set price for entry-level stuff, and then things like levels, evolution stages and TMs add a certain amount on top of that base price?
Old 04-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #4
Sneaze
Mrow?

Right so I've already looked through the whole of this and was basically fine with everything stated, but I do feel that we should flesh out MM's idea here on adoption of 'mon without dropping them down to base nothing. Levels are pretty easy to work out (and honestly could be done in any number of systems, though I would recommend an every ten levels or even level by level system if we're using Pokedollars since it would be miniscule amounts of change). Extra moves is where things get properly wonky. An effective system could simply be to raise the price in proportion to how much the moves themselves would normally cost (by like, 1/5 the price) or thereabouts, but it woud be absolute hell on the person running the AC and I would only recommend this if they would be absolutely okay with that sheer amount of math and work. More realistically, just raising the price X amount of every Y number of moves is perfectly reasonable.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #5
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

I find the idea of keeping the original levels of Pokémon put to adoption (and adapt the adoption prices accordingly) good, buuuuut:

- I still want to have the option of resetting the level to 1 possible... but I am wondering how, or should I say who will decide to reset or not. The one who puts it to adoption or the adopter? I would say the original owner, but with the possibility of giving some flexibility to the adopter. For example, X Person wants to put in adoption their Lv.30 Pidgeot. The owner could decide either it is reset to Lv.1, stays stuck to Lv.30, or the future adopter can choose either. But I have a feeling this can annoy some people.

- Related to the point above, what about evolution?

- I have a feeling that keeping track of all the non-level moves will be a huge pain. Already that we're trying to keep linking to a minimum... this is going to be a link hell. So I prefer to only keep the levels.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #6
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I would be in favor of the adopter getting to choose whether they adopt something as-is or get it leveled down and devolved. Everyone's gonna have something different in mind for the same Pokémon.

Also agreed that keeping track of moves would be kind of hellish for whoever ends up running the Adoption Center... I hesitate to suggest just outright losing any moves that weren't level-up moves, but at the same time, that would very likely be the easiest solution, at least as far as what I can think of.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #7
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
The adopter should get the choice imo. If you're dropping off a Pokemon into the AC, you shouldn't complain if someone resets it. Just trade it then. The adopter is going to be the one with the Pokemon anyways, and some people, like myself, see resetting a Pokemon as having a clean slate with them.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:17 AM   #8
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
I'm in favour of not forcefully resetting the level though and allowing higher level mon to be picked up as well. The best way for this would indeed be a flat rate for Pokémon adoption + incremental raise proportional to levels. In case of levels I think a level by level system is easily enough calculated, especially with the high numbers we use for Pokédollars now - it's not like we'll get fractions.

As for moves, I think we should allow some of them to remain. Level-up moves are already accounted for when we tax higher levels. As for EM/MT/CM/TM moves, going through all the links would in theory be a hell but I don't think the AC will see many people dropping off Pokémon with large (out-of-level) movepools. That said, I can imagine that whoever takes up the AC isn't thrilled about the responsibility either way. A flat rate of X amount for Y moves, as Sneaze said, sounds more than reasonable. The way it is now (or was), all moves other than TMs have the same cost anyway, and most players start by teaching the stronger attacking moves I think.

In short: Flat rate for adoption + price per level + price per (not level-up) move
has my vote of favour.

As for who chooses what's reset; original owner (OO) or adopter (AD).
I'd be frustrated on both sides if someone did something different with it than I expected. Honestly I think we should allow the OO to choose what options are available; 1)as-is or 2)reset, and have the AD choose from those options. It sounds convoluted but I basically mean; all Pokémon are free to be picked up as-is or with reset by AD unless the OO has specifically requested something. I think this would pertain to Pokémon evolutions as well. I don't know how the old AC did things but it sounds awkward if someone deposited a Politoed, only to have the adopter pick it up as a Poliwag and evolve it into a Poliwrath. It's a small issue though and not one I want to spend too long mulling over. But yeah, allow the OO to choose the confines of what they're okay with and have the AD choose from the available options.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:47 PM   #9
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Ok, so I've rewritten the original Adoption Centre opening post in light of the suggestions discussed so far. The edits should be able to be seen in the original document linked in the first post but for #Clarity's sake I'll edit it into the first post too.

I myself have made a few new comments and asked some new questions in the original google doc (and a few edits) but I'll post them here also, for discussion sake:

With regards to resetting members, should we allow them to drop off their original starter in here also? I don't know whether we've decided resetting members have to keep their original starter or nah so I guess this is more a question for the other thread but I guess we could discuss it here as well? /shrug

Since we're giving members the option to reset their pokemon as they're put up for adoption, if they are reset would it be too awkward to allow them to keep the pokemon at it's current evolutionary stage, but at level 1?

Could we allow members to adopt a batch of pokemon at a time (while still only allowing them to use the adoption centre once a month)?

The most glaring one from the original post: How much should we increase the adoption price by wrt higher level pokemon with larger movepools? Also, should the base price remain at $30?

Even though we're making links optional, I believe that for payment related things links should be mandatory (not saying I can't trust anyone, I just think it might be the right idea)

And, since this hasn't had much discussion it seems, what's everyone's opinions on the current proposed change to the Adoption Centre from the developement thread? (Which is also in the doc):

The main change will be the Adoption Center. Every month, a few stray Pokemon will come into the AC for members to adopt. This list is updated weekly and Pokemon are rotated out after a month of not being adopted. Additionally, members are still limited to adopting once a month. This is to make members think more heavily on whether they should adopt right away or wait and see if something else they want comes into the Center at a later point in the month.

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Last edited by Whimsy; 04-30-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:02 PM   #10
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Due to my aspirations of SOship, Whimsy has kindly encouraged me to do a write up of the Adoption Center using his proposal as a basis. I've included some Pokémon -- my own, to be precise -- as examples to better illustrate the scaling prices which have been suggested, and used my own idea of what is a fair value and fair timeline for these scaling costs and for the 'rotating' Pokémon. Having said this, FEEDBACK IS DESPERATELY NEEDED. The Adoption Center needs to rolled out in order for members who wish to reset to do so fully and so it is one of the shops which is most in need of community approval and reinstatement. Please, read and consider the following.

The Adoption Center

In central Fizzytopolis, there is about an acre and a half of land, sitting among the shops and the suburbs. It's out of place among its surroundings, predating the landscape by decades. Fifty or so years ago, the space around it was open farmlands, but as the city grew up, it closed in on the little piece of nature, and now it remains one last bastion of Mother Earth in a concrete jungle. Here, Pokémon without trainers -- unfit to live in the wild -- come to live out their days and await new humans who might love and care for them. Perhaps one of them might find its new home with you?

Welcome to the Adoption Center!

Abandoning a Pokémon

Do you have a Pokémon you simply cannot care for anymore? The Adoption Center is here to help. With regards to abandoning Pokémon, there are two options for trainers to consider: Reversion Care and Maintenance Care.
With Reversion Care, a Pokémon will be returned to Lv. 01 and its most basic form; it will also lose all of its special moves, including Egg Moves, TM and HM moves, and MT moves, among others.

With Maintenance Care, through daily training with our staff a Pokémon will maintain its evolutionary stage, level, and all moves it knows until it is adopted.
To abandon a Pokémon, post its species, level, and gender, as well as which form of care you would prefer it receive.

Adopting a Pokémon

Are you looking for a new member to add to your family? This is the place to look. In order to ensure that the Pokémon in our care go to good, stable homes, there are a handful of rules which we expect all potential adopters to follow:
A member may only adopt one (01) Pokémon every thirty (30) days.

All Pokémon have a base adoption fee of $30. Additionally, there is a fee of $10 per every level over Lv. 01 and $25 per every special move. Payments are non-refundable.
To adopt a Pokémon, quote it (and only it) from the opening post of this thread, with a link to your payment withdrawl. Upon confirmation, you may add it to you party. Thank you for adopting!

Pokémon Available for Adoption
Lv. 08 (F) Vaporeon ($195)
EM Covet
EM Endure
EM Fake Tears
EM Yawn
TM Toxic
Lv. 06 (F) Houndour ($155)
EM Pursuit
MT Endure
TM Will-o-Wisp
Lv. 54 (F) Mandibuzz ($710)
EM Fake Tears
EM Foul Play
EM Roost
EM Scary Face
EM Steel Wing
TM Aerial Ace
Stray Pokémon

Occasionally -- roughly every month or so -- stray Pokémon will wander in from the streets of Fizzytopia. These Pokémon will be added to the 'Available for Adoption' list without having been dropped off by any trainer, at the discretion of the shop owner. Visit us often to see what meanders in!

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Of course, none of this is set in stone; but it's more or less derived from suggestions in this thread and from Whimsy's proposal. Please give feedback! Thank you!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:08 PM   #11
Toyo
hail

I'm more than content with every aspect of that, although when I thought up the stray Pokemon thing I imagined more of a wildlife rescue thing of like, little baby Pokemon saved from abusive trainers/habitat destruction/etc. and they would all have premade stories for them. But! Obviously this kinda limits the potential for those Pokemon and I'm ok with it not being there (especially bc i never mentioned it xd).
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:12 PM   #12
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
I'm more than content with every aspect of that, although when I thought up the stray Pokemon thing I imagined more of a wildlife rescue thing of like, little baby Pokemon saved from abusive trainers/habitat destruction/etc. and they would all have premade stories for them. But! Obviously this kinda limits the potential for those Pokemon and I'm ok with it not being there (especially bc i never mentioned it xd).
Oh Toyoyoyoyoyoyoyo my buddy, I'll clue you in a secret.

That uh, that bit about the city growing up around the Adoption Center, and how the city grew up around it and it used to be surrounded by farmlands?

300% a direct ripoff of the real-life history of the wildlife rehab I work at.

You bet your sugary watermelon doggo buns that if I could help it there'd be some delicious shop RP for those stray porgeymans oh my gaaaaaaaaaawrsh.

/rolls out

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-01-2017, 06:16 PM   #13
Toyo
hail

nice.
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:10 AM   #14
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Most of it looks good to me, though I want to make a few remarks.

1) Starter Pokémon. Perhaps unnecessary to mention but it would help if we could indicate in the opening posts that people can release them as well. There's the small issue of preventing people from resetting, picking up a new starter and then adopting their old starter. We could add a rule to prevent this but anything I can come up with sounds unnecessarily restrictive, and I think if a situation like this does occur it will be very noticeable and easy to stop.

2) Reset Care. There's a difference between dumping a load of Pokémon for a fresh start, and completely resetting and gaining a new starter and new character. Since part of the point of the new AC is to handle all the resets, it would be nice if there was an official term here so people could declare it publicly, and make their intentions clear. It eases it up for when they re-post in the registration thread for a new starter pack and Pokémon. A small thing, but it helps.
Add to that, some might later on regret having reset and I would like to give them a chance to reverse their decision and continue with their old character instead, which brings me to;

3) Buyback option. Simply because some might later on regret their decision, I wouldn't be opposed to a buyback option of say 7 days.

4) Adoption costs; the formula is one I proposed but it's intended as a base from which to work on. If anyone wants to alter some of the numbers then please mention it (and state why).

5) Stray Pokémon. I' like the idea but I think it'll be an aspect of the AC that will be put on hold for a while until other FB mechanics are up and running. There are a few potential aspects of this that could be addressed:
Is it a Pokémon line that can be adopted indefinitely for the period of time, or is it only a set amount of Pokémon with a 'first come, first serve' basis?
Can stray Pokémon have levels higher than 1 or have moves outside of their level-up movepool?
Will there be a 'rarity-tax' - basically, will a Lv.55 Caterpie cost as much as a Lv.55 Dragonite? This last aspect is connected to the Pokémon Rarity discussion.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 05-02-2017, 08:24 AM   #15
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
Most of it looks good to me, though I want to make a few remarks.

1) Starter Pokémon. Perhaps unnecessary to mention but it would help if we could indicate in the opening posts that people can release them as well. There's the small issue of preventing people from resetting, picking up a new starter and then adopting their old starter. We could add a rule to prevent this but anything I can come up with sounds unnecessarily restrictive, and I think if a situation like this does occur it will be very noticeable and easy to stop.

2) Reset Care. There's a difference between dumping a load of Pokémon for a fresh start, and completely resetting and gaining a new starter and new character. Since part of the point of the new AC is to handle all the resets, it would be nice if there was an official term here so people could declare it publicly, and make their intentions clear. It eases it up for when they re-post in the registration thread for a new starter pack and Pokémon. A small thing, but it helps.
Add to that, some might later on regret having reset and I would like to give them a chance to reverse their decision and continue with their old character instead, which brings me to;

3) Buyback option. Simply because some might later on regret their decision, I wouldn't be opposed to a buyback option of say 7 days.

4) Adoption costs; the formula is one I proposed but it's intended as a base from which to work on. If anyone wants to alter some of the numbers then please mention it (and state why).

5) Stray Pokémon. I' like the idea but I think it'll be an aspect of the AC that will be put on hold for a while until other FB mechanics are up and running. There are a few potential aspects of this that could be addressed:
Is it a Pokémon line that can be adopted indefinitely for the period of time, or is it only a set amount of Pokémon with a 'first come, first serve' basis?
Can stray Pokémon have levels higher than 1 or have moves outside of their level-up movepool?
Will there be a 'rarity-tax' - basically, will a Lv.55 Caterpie cost as much as a Lv.55 Dragonite? This last aspect is connected to the Pokémon Rarity discussion.

1. Will specify starters. I think we can leave the whole loophole unwritten until such time as someone abuses it; I'd like to think we're a community of largely mature and trustworthy people. We can cross that bridge when we come to it, unless someone else disagrees?

2. What if we make Resetting an AC service that's distinct from your standard abandonment and adoption? I can add a fourth section to my write up.

3. Is this a buyback for resets or general abandonments?

4. Hahaha, these are your numbers, aren't they? Great minds think alike! :P

5. Okay, here's what I thought the stray Pokémon would be. These are just my thoughts and are not indicative of Whimsy nor of Toyo who I think orignally suggested them:

Every so often, about once a month, somewhere between 1-3 Pokémon of common to rare (based on whatever rarity set we end up going with, and slanted towards common and uncommon) rarity will come into the AC at the SO's discretion, with a small RP background in the shop. These Pokémon will be just like any other AC Pokémon -- they're individuals, on a first come, first serve basis They'll typically be between Lv. 1-10, with maybe 1-2 special (EM, MT, TM) moves at most. Not anything too fancy or special. You might see more around holidays or events, or when the AC has been empty for a while, or maybe during relevant real-world periods (for example, during an oil spill crisis you might see some ducklett and wingull come in all covered in oil.) Just fun stuff to add life and RP to the shop.

That's what I was thinking. I don't know what Whims or anyone else had in mind.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-02-2017, 09:50 AM   #16
Heather
Naga's Voice

This looks pretty good to me. EAI already asked the questions I had and you seem to have answered them. Also, the Stray Pokémon idea is legitimately awesome and I am 10000% behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:22 AM   #17
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Simply put, Tate's write up is extremely good. I would also agree with EAI that we should hold on off the Stray Pokemon feature until a little later once the game is up and running. The formula might need a little tweaking: I think dropping to $5 per level and $15 per special move (I assume this means Egg, event, and TM moves myself) is better, since people who are going to reset are likely to drop off Pokemon with a lot of levels and / or moves. The idea of seeing a potential $1,000 Pokemon makes me feel uneasy.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:30 AM   #18
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I've also been thinking about 'reset treatment' and honestly what one does with one's character isn't really the business of the adoption center. I think, after disowning one's Pokémon, changing one's gender/age/trainer class/origin/starter should really fall elsewhere.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-03-2017, 10:05 AM   #19
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Write-up, Ver. 2

The Adoption Center

In central Fizzytopolis, there is about an acre and a half of land, sitting among the shops and the suburbs. It's out of place among its surroundings, predating the landscape by decades. Fifty or so years ago, the space around it was open farmlands, but as the city grew up, it closed in on the little piece of nature, and now it remains one last bastion of Mother Earth in a concrete jungle. Here, Pokémon without trainers -- unfit to live in the wild -- come to live out their days and await new humans who might love and care for them. Perhaps one of them might find its new home with you?

Welcome to the Adoption Center!

Abandoning a Pokémon

Do you have a Pokémon you simply cannot care for anymore? The Adoption Center is here to help. With regards to abandoning Pokémon, there are two options for trainers to consider: Reversion Care and Maintenance Care.
With Reversion Care, a Pokémon will be returned to Lv. 01 and its most basic form; it will also lose all of its special moves, including Egg Moves, TM and HM moves, and MT moves, among others.

With Maintenance Care, through daily training with our staff a Pokémon will maintain its evolutionary stage, level, and all moves it knows until it is adopted.
To abandon a Pokémon, post its species, level, and gender, as well as which form of care you would prefer it receive. Any Pokémon, including your starter, may be abandoned.

Reclaiming a Pokémon

Have you disowned a Pokémon and now regret the decision? For a one (01) week period following the disownment -- presuming the Pokémon is still within our care -- you may reclaim your Pokémon for a flat fee of $15. Simply quote the post in which you disowned your Pokémon with a link to your payment withdrawl and upon confirmation by a member of our staff you my take your partner home.

Adopting a Pokémon

Are you looking for a new member to add to your family? This is the place to look. In order to ensure that the Pokémon in our care go to good, stable homes, there are a handful of rules which we expect all potential adopters to follow:
A member may only adopt one (01) Pokémon every thirty (30) days.

All Pokémon have a base adoption fee of $30. Additionally, there is a fee of $10 per every level over Lv. 01 and $20 per every special move. Payments are non-refundable.
To adopt a Pokémon, quote it (and only it) from the opening post of this thread, with a link to your payment withdrawl. Upon confirmation, you may add it to you party. Thank you for adopting!

Pokémon Available for Adoption
Lv. 08 (F) Vaporeon ($170)
EM Covet
EM Endure
EM Fake Tears
EM Yawn
TM Toxic
Lv. 06 (F) Houndour ($140)
EM Pursuit
MT Endure
TM Will-o-Wisp
Lv. 54 (F) Mandibuzz ($680)
EM Fake Tears
EM Foul Play
EM Roost
EM Scary Face
EM Steel Wing
TM Aerial Ace
------------------

Emi, EAI is going to run some numbers with you and after y'all do that if need be I'll do a third write up. I've removed Stray Pokémon for now since it's been determined that it should wait until FB has settled down a bit before being implemented, but it hasn't been scraped! Anything else I'm missing, guys?

Old 05-03-2017, 10:20 AM   #20
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Yeah, I was made aware that there was going to be a designated Reset thread so adding it here has become unnecessary.

As for the numbers for the adoption, Tate and I had lowered the cost for non-level up moves to $20 instead of $25. I'm not too concerned about having near $1000 Pokémon since these are ones that have a load of extra and I think people should be prepared to save up their Pokédollars for them. Nevertheless, I have a few examples running under Tate's and Emi's numbers for comparison, so people can choose what they prefer:

Tate's $30 + $10 per level + $20 per move
Tate’s Lv.54 Mandibuzz with 6 non-level-up moves:
$30 + $530 + $120 = $680
EAI’s Lv.39 Gallade with 20 non-level-up moves:
$30 + $380 + $400 = $810
MM’s Lv.100 Vileplume with 32 non-level-up moves:
$30 + $990 + $640 = $1660
PikaGod’s Lv.38 Herdier with 16 non-level-up moves:
$30 + $370 + $320 = $720

Emi's $30 + $5 per level + $15 per move
Tate’s Lv.54 Mandibuzz with 6 non-level-up moves:
$30 + $265 + $90 = $385
EAI’s Lv.39 Gallade with 20 non-level-up moves:
$30 + $190 + $300 = $520
MM’s Lv.100 Vileplume with 32 non-level-up moves:
$30 + $495 + $480 = $1005
PikaGod’s Lv.38 Herdier with 16 non-level-up moves:
$30 + $185 + $240 = $455

The most expensive one in both cases is MM's Vileplume. $1660 might seem much but I feel $1005 is too low for all the years spent on the Vileplume. For this I feel players should have to save up for a while if they want a prize like this. Under the old system Keystones cost $3000 and that was surprisingly do-able for quite a lot of people, so I think half of that for a fully levelled mon with a near maximum movepool is fair.

(Note: In MM's Vileplume case there were actually 38 moves he taught as non-level-up moves but 6 of those became level-up moves in later generations so I discounted them)

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 05-03-2017, 10:27 AM   #21
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Assuming we maintain the old earning system of $250 per RP post, it would only be about 7 RP posts to afford MM's Vileplume under the $10/$20. That's less than the typical adventure and the reward for that is usually a Lv. 5 Pokémon with no special moves, so I think it's a reasonable price, personally.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-03-2017, 10:37 AM   #22
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Discussing exact pricing is going to be a little difficult until we hammer down Pokedollar distribution in the Economy rework!
Old 05-03-2017, 10:50 AM   #23
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I think PokéDollar distribution was largely fine under the old system, and I'm honestly not expecting a lot of drastic changes there in the end. Maybe some tweaks, but it was Coins which were the elephant in the room and that's where I see the biggest overhaul occurring.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:04 AM   #24
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocharizard55 View Post
Discussing exact pricing is going to be a little difficult until we hammer down Pokedollar distribution in the Economy rework!
True, but I think we're mostly discussing ballpark figures here than anything concrete. Most payable options will mostly likely be hard to implement without having an idea of how much people are earning from zones. These numbers for instance may change after we've set up a few running zones. As Tate said, we can assume for now that it will be somewhat similar to the old system.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 05-03-2017, 06:23 PM   #25
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Perhaps we should open the AC but only allow Pokémon to be dropped off for a while. Then when everything's sorted with Pokédollars then we can finalize the prices. I just want some form of this to be open asap tbh, as well as a resetting thread of some description.

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development