UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade

Old 11-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #1
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
The fickle works of Whimsy

Well, I have a lot of storyline ideas for my Pokemon and nowhere to put them if I actually get around to writing them down, so I might as well make this thread to contain them when I do!

Contents:
Calling Card

Last edited by Whimsy; 03-22-2016 at 10:56 PM.
Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Calling Card

Michael was only able to take two steps into his house before he was mobbed by his team.
“Hey, calm down guys, remember, this Halloween stuff has to last you, you know! Nah, who am I kidding, shall we feast tonight?”
His suggestion was met with a roar of approval, and he wasted no time in ripping open the bags of sweets chocolate he and his Pokemon had collected over the two nights of the harrowing. While his Pokemon started devouring dangerously high amounts of sugar in the space of an hour, he leafed through all the things that he had collected as a Halloween treat from the FB Government. Dikune wandered over, curious to what Michael was doing.
“What’s all that?” He asked his trainer. Michael looked down at him.
“Oh, this stuff? It’s nothing really. Just a few non-chocolate things that I got gifted this year, before you get greedy.” He pulled out the items one by one.
“A Super Pass coupon, a Were Ball, and a… huh, when did this get in here?”
Michael pulled out a trading card out of his bag, letting Dikune see it.
“Ok, apparently I now own a Dark Hypno card.”
Dikune aggressively snatched the card out of his hand.
“What’s this? Why do you have a card depicting one of these monsters?”
Michael waved his hands defensively in front of him.
“Hey, I didn’t know I got one of these, I must have accidentally taken it from that weird guy in front of the house when he showed me it earlier.”
Dikune’s anger didn’t subside, but he was puzzled nonetheless.
“Weird guy? What weird guy? Why would you even want to…” he stopped suddenly as an idea came to mind. An idea that chilled the Drowzee to the bone. He gave his trainer an annoyed grunt and wandered off before he said or did anything he would regret later.
“Geez, what’s up with him?” Michael wondered.

-----------------------
For the rest of the night, Dikune could not keep his mind off the Dark Hypno card. Something bugged him about it, although he couldn’t put his fingers on it. He retreated to his bedroom earlier than the rest of his teammates to try to figure out what was wrong, but nothing seemed to click. He tried to play it off and go to sleep for the night, but he just… couldn’t. Hours passed, and he heard Michael send the other Pokémon to bed. Once he was sure that no-one was awake and around, he snuck his way back into the front room where Michael had thoughtlessly left his gifts. The room was dark, save for the moonlight streaming through the windows. He rummaged through the bag and pulled out the cause of his stress, The Dark Hypno. It didn’t seem any different. For all intents and purposes, it was just a regular old trading card. So why did he get a deep feeling of unease when he stared at it?
He didn’t know why he did it, but Dikune instinctively held the card up into the moonlight so that it shone down directly upon it. And that’s when the card gave off a familiar purple smoke.

‘Oh no….’

The coin in the depicted Hypno’s hand slowly started to swing…
‘No… it can’t be… this cannot be real! You cannot be real!’ Dikune dropped the card on the floor. Smoke continued to bellow out of the card until it filled the entire room causing the Drowzee to choke.
“Oh, but it is real, young one.” A voice sounded from what seemed like everywhere. “You will meet with me tonight. You know where, you know when. We are to discuss your past actions. Some of us are a little… upset with the way you left us.”
“How? How can you be real? You’re supposed to be-“the Drowzee called out.
“Dead? Well, if I were dead, how could I be speaking to you right now?”
The voice laughed, sending shivers down the Drowzee’s spine.
“This card, it was your doing, wasn’t it? To send me a message? What for? To confuse me? To scare me? What for?”
“You will come to this meeting, Dikune. Because, if you don’t… well. You know how close I have to be to speak to you like this. I know where you are, and more importantly, I know where your new friends are. It’d be such a shame if they were to… disappear.”
Dikune growled. “You lay one finger on my friends and I-“
He was interrupted again. “You’ll what, kill me? Please. If you were truly capable of that we wouldn’t be speaking now. No, you will be at the meeting. We have some catching up to do, traitor.

With that last word, Dikune woke up. He was still in the living room, and a frantic look around confirmed that no-one else was in the room with him. He looked back at the card. The Hypno’s coin had changed into a clock, its’ hands pointing at one that Dikune dreaded. This really happened. There was no time to lose. With a hastily written note left behind, Dikune stole a Gumball from his trainers bag and fled into the night. His destination? The Adoption Centre he used to live.
He had some old “friends” to meet.

Last edited by Whimsy; 03-22-2016 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:54 PM   #3
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

That Fateful night...

You know, life’s fun when you think you have it all figured out. Every day is perfect – perfect family, perfect adventures, Nothing could be better!
But life isn’t perfect. It’s cruel. It will trip you up whenever it wants, and when it does your entire will crumble and fall around you.
And all it would take is a day.
That day for me? It was a few years back, before I met you…

----------------------------------
‘…The Mayor’s daughter was found aimlessly wandering the woods this morning, and hasn’t responded to any medical treatment as of yet. This is yet another in a string of mysterious kidnappings. The local police are urging children to stay indoors after dark…’
The morning sunlight streamed through the open curtains of Mona’s room, rousing the young trainer from her sleep. She burst from her bed, knocking the radio off of her bedside table and waking up her two pokemon in the process.
“GOOD MORNING GREENSBORO!” Mona yelled out to no-one in particular, finger pointing to the sky. “I HOPE YOU’RE READY!”
“BECAUSE THE MYSTERY CREW ARE HERE…” Mona’s first pokemon, a Drowzee, mimicked her pose almost as enthusiastically as her. Mona’s second pokemon, a Timburr, groaned in embarrassment.
“…I’m still not joining this chant.” He said, as he went to pick up his small wooden log. Mona and Drowzee pouted.
“Aww, come on Cyrus, you know you like the Mystery Crew chant~” Mona teased, giving the Timburr an affectionate rub on the head. “I mean, you and Dikune wrote it!”
Cyrus huffed, dragging his log out of their shared bedroom. Mona sighed and shook her head in defeat.
“It’s ok Mona, he’ll come around eventually.” Dikune said with a chuckle as he and Mona followed Cyrus out of the room “Now come on, we have a town to protect!”

Every day was the same in the Maplebrook household. Mona and her two Pokemon would greet the day with their chant and then go out seeking adventure, often causing havoc in the process. Mona loved mysteries and the unknown, and more often than not it caused her to create entire supernatural explanations for even the simplest of problems. Dikune, by proxy, shared the same love for mystery after having eaten many of Mona’s dreams and nightmares. Cyrus however was a little sceptical of the entire thing, though he would admit his slight fascination with the subject if asked. The three of them referred to themselves as the “Mystery Crew”, who protected the city of Greensboro from the supernatural threats that the adults couldn’t see. The adults, however, saw them as little troublemakers with overactive imaginations. Mona didn’t mind that label, in fact she wore it as a symbol of pride in her work. The young trainer and her pokemon scoured the streets every day looking for a mystery to solve, and today was no exception. After being banned from the local lake for almost flooding the city (Mona swore she was just trying to make the spirit of the dead Lapras who resided there happy), the trio were asking around the residential district about any strange goings on – to no success. As they were shooed away by the local florist who was still mad at them for stealing a bunch of tulips (which Mona said was for the horde of shapeshifting Deerling on the outskirts of the park), Cyrus suddenly remembered something.

“Oh yeah Dikune, did you give Mona her ‘relaxation medicine’ yet?” He snickered.
“Oh no, I don’t believe I have! Mona, you have to take your medicine or you’ll be grounded!” Dikune replied, almost sarcastically. Mona nodded, stifling her own laughter while Dikune started using Dream Eater on her. Mona’s parents believed that her “overactive” imagination would be cured that way, and had given her the Drowzee specifically for that purpose. It didn’t work of course - Dikune ended up becoming just as imaginative as Mona – but they weren’t about to tell the parents that and have all their fun ruined! The process was quick and painless (for Mona anyway, Dikune always seemed to get a small twinge of pain at the back of his head that he learned to ignore over time), and for all of a moment Mona’s thoughts were silenced.
“It worked! I feel oh so better now. NOT!” Mona couldn’t stop herself from laughing now, and neither could Cyrus or Dikune. Their laughter attracted the attention of a couple of passing adults.

“Young lady, you shouldn’t be so loud! You might attract the attention of The Eraser!” One of them told Mona.
“The Eraser?” She replied, now completely serious.
“Uh… yeah! Haven’t you been listening to the news lately? Something has been snatching up loud, naughty children!” Another said, following the first adult’s lead.
“And it takes all of their memories away, and leaves them blank. If they survive its attack, that is! Do you understand?” The first one finished. Mona was silent.
“So it would probably be best if you were to be quiet for… I don’t know, forever!” The couple moved on, sure that they had finally stopped Mona’s machinations. Oh how wrong they were.

“You hear that guys? We have ourselves a mystery to solve!” Mona exclaimed excitedly when the adults were out of earshot. “We will get to the bottom of this ‘Eraser’ character and bring him to justice!”
Dikune was just as excited as Mona, however Cyrus was nervous.
“I don’t know Mona, this sounds… kinda serious. Like real serious. Like ‘we could get hurt’ serious.” Cyrus said, however Mona and Dikune weren’t listening at all.
“OK, it’s time to split up and begin our investigation! I’ll take the shopping district. Cyrus, you go to the lake district and ask Lapras for any information. She should be near that strange video device we found. Dikune, you ask around here. Ok? READY SET SPLIT!” And with that, Mona had already run off. Cyrus chuckled and shook his head.

“She still thinks that Lapras hologram is real, it seems.”
“That wasn’t a hologram! That Lapras was too lifelike to be fake!” Dikune replied. Cyrus pinched his forehead in frustration.
“…Ugh. Look I’ll go follow her and make sure she’s ok. You might as well do as she says dude, cause I know you would even if I said not to.” And with that, Cyrus left leaving Dikune alone. The Drowzee stretched his arms out a little before giving the air a few tentative sniffs. He had a nose for seeking out clues – or at least that’s what Mona said. It was mostly dumb luck really. That and a little help from a friend…

“Dikune” A familiar voice called, “down here!”
A strange purple mist emanated from a nearby alleyway, which gave Dikune a slight headache. There he was now! Dikune didn’t know how he did it, but his friend always seemed to know where he was. The Drowzee took a few cautious looks around to see if anyone was watching, but nobody else seemed to notice the mist. When he was certain he wasn’t going to be followed, he entered the dark alleyway. A figure sat at the other end.
“Were you followed?” the figure asked accusingly.
“No I wasn’t, you can come out now!” Dikune replied. The figure shifted, before stepping forward into the light.
“Good, I don’t want any unnecessary drama, as I just got back yesterday and I’m exhausted. I can’t be having the humans chasing me about, you see?” The now revealed Hypno explained. Dikune didn’t understand this strange routine, but the Hypno never fully answered him whenever he asked about it. It was always something about “distrust”.
“So, I see you’re now trying to solve another mystery! You managed to solve the case of the missing Mareep then?” The Hypno sat himself beside Dikune, now smiling from ear to ear.
“Yeah, thanks to your advice. How did you guess they’d be hiding behind the old windmill?”
“I just got a hunch is all. And I can’t not share my hunches with my favourite baby brother!” Hypno patted Dikune’s head. That was another thing Hypno would never explain fully to Dikune. All he knew was that apparently he had a family that lived nearby, further down the alleyway. He was never really allowed to meet them – apparently they were too “busy”. But according to Hypno they loved him, and they sent him small gifts like berries every so often. After a while of asking, Dikune just gave up – trying to get his brother to talk always seemed to give him a headache.
“Speaking of hunches, I have a warning from the fam – they said that you probably shouldn’t go after this “Eraser” guy.” Dikune was shocked.
“H-how did you know?!” He asked, surprised he was seen through that easily. Hypno grinned.
“Come now, I know you and your trainer! You’d probably go after Arceus if it was rumoured that he was camping in an igloo in Snowpoint.” Hypno paused, deep in thought.
“So that’s why I’m going to give you my own advice!” He finally concluded. “As no amount of warning would have deterred you.” Hypno leant in close to Dikune, holding his hand in front of his mouth as if to hide his lips.
“Now you didn’t hear this from me, but I heard that all the disappearances occurred near the adoption centre at night. So if you want to catch this guy, you’ll have to be there late at night, you see.” Dikune’s eyes sparkled, though that might have been him seeing stars as his headache worsened.
“T-this is a decisive lead! Thanks bro!” Dikune went to hug the bigger pokemon, but he ended up hugging air. The Hypno had vanished, and with him went the head pain.
‘Why does he always do that? Oh well, I must go tell the others at once!’
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I should have known then. I should have seen the signs. But I was young and naïve…
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“ABSOLUTELY NOT!”
Cyrus was angry. No, not just angry, completely livid. The advice Dikune brought home with him hadn’t gone over completely well with the Timburr. The two of them were currently staring daggers at each other in Mona’s Bedroom.
“We will NOT be going out at night to fight something that’s legitimately potentially dangerous just because you got another tip from your imaginary friend!”
That got Dikune mad too, and if it weren’t for Mona holding the pair of them apart then he’d have punched Cyrus.
“HE’S NOT IMAGINARY. He’s my brother who just doesn’t like to be seen in public!”
“Oh right, sorry. Your brother who hasn’t shown a shred of decency for Mona or I by even giving us some sign that he exists other than through word of mouth. Geez, that has me convinced! Heck, why don’t we just throw ourselves off a cliff on his word too?!” In an instant Dikune tore himself from Mona’s grasp and flung himself at the smaller pokemon. The two of them rolled across the floor together, kicking and punching and biting at each other while Mona desperately tried to get them to separate.
“What’s all that noise?” A voice shouted from downstairs. “Are you still awake at this hour Mona? You’re grounded for the rest of the week! Now don’t make me come up there!”
Mona gave up on trying to separate the two fighting pokemon, instead she lied down on her bed with tears in her eyes. Her silent sobs into her pillow brought Cyrus and Dikune to their senses. What had they done? Mona was never one to cry…
“…Stay here Mona, we’ll go clear things up with your parents.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We never should have left her side. We never should have fought in the first place…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Gone? What do you mean she’s gone?”
They had only been downstairs for a moment, but somehow Mona had vanished in that short timeframe.
“I don’t know Cyrus, the window was open and she wasn’t there! What if… what if she’s gone in search of The Eraser on her own?”
Cyrus and Dikune paced their trainer’s room in worry. It wasn’t rare for Mona to run away like this, but she would always have one of them with her to protect her. This time she was alone…
“Look, she couldn’t have gotten far. I’ll go ahead and try to find her. You go tell her parents she’s missing”. Cyrus leapt out the window, and took off into the night. Dikune hesitated. He couldn’t explain this to her parents, that’d get them all in more trouble! If only there was someone who could help him… god his head needed to stop hurting at random times…
The Drowzee snapped his fingers. Of course! He could ask his brother! He’d know how to get them all back home without detection – if he was able to get into town without being seen, he could get into a bedroom, right? With that thought in mind, he also jumped out of the window, and ran back to the Hypno’s alleyway.

The alley was dark, and empty. There was no sign of his brother anywhere!
“Big brother? Are you there?” Dikune shouted into the darkness, his words echoing off the walls. A strange flicker of light at the other end of the alley caught his eyes.
‘Maybe that’s him there. Or maybe it’s the rest of the family! They might be able to help me, right?’ he thought. ‘But I’m forbidden to go down there…’
His brother’s warnings floated around his head, causing a strange throb of pain. Surely he’d understand though, due to the circumstances…
Dikune pushed his doubts aside, and advanced towards the end of the tunnel. When he reached the light’s source, his determination gave way for confusion.
“…The adoption centre? What… how did I get here? I don’t understand…” He wondered. Indeed, the back entrance to the adoption centre loomed before him. He had no time to think further, however, as a pair of screams rang out from inside.
“M-MONA?! CYRUS?!” Dikune shouted. He leapt to the door handle, hoping the door was unlocked. Luckily for him, it wasn’t and the door swung outwards. He entered the adoption centre, hearing more screams from the other side of the building. He ran as fast as he could, following the small trail of light that illuminated the building. The screams grew louder every minute, sending chills down Dikune’s spine. What was happening to his trainer? He reached a set of doors leading to the foyer, where the screams seemingly originated. A voice could be heard through them…

“…how could you… I’ll… I’ll…”
Cyrus! That was Cyrus’ voice! He was safe!
“You’ll do what, little one? Give in. You will make an excellent meal…”
Dikune froze. Another voice could be heard in there, one that seemed… familiar as well. He slammed the doors open, and burst into the foyer.

What he saw made his blood run cold.

Mona was face down on the floor in the middle of the foyer – unmoving. Cyrus was on the far side, holding on to his log for support as he struggled to stay upright. And closest to him, the person turning to face the newest intruder…
“Ah, the man of the hour! I suppose thanks are in order, dear brother. Your child shall sustain me and our kin for weeks on end!”
It was his brother. Hypno.
“Big brother? W-what are you talking about?” Dikune asked, confused. Cyrus gave a low growl.
“HE is your brother? Wait, we you in on this all along? You were, weren’t you?” Cyrus accused. Dikune was silent. He didn’t know what to say… he didn’t even understand what was going on. And that godforsaken headache was back again…

“ANSWER ME, DIKUNE!”

Hypno let loose a manic laugh.
“Oh it’s no use asking questions you already know the answer to, little one. Why do you think Dikune here was so insistent that you come here tonight? It wasn’t for your benefit, I’ll give you that~”
Cyrus felt betrayed, angry, upset, confused, a whole heap of emotions that he just couldn’t control or put words to. He looked to Dikune for answers but the Drowzee was staring through him with soulless eyes.
“Have you figured it out yet? Lickle Dikune… He was working with me, the Eraser, all along!” Hypno sneered.
The room seemed to drop 20 degrees with that remark, and it felt as if an icy dagger had been stabbed through both Dikune and Cyrus’ chest. Dikune tried to open his mouth, tried to refute the accusation but he just couldn’t. His mind was racked with pain as his headache returned full force.
‘Cyrus, please! Don’t listen to him… don’t believe him!’ He thought frantically, but already he could see the rage and anger boiling within the Timburr’s eyes.
“YOU MONSTERS! I’LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL BOTH OF YOU!”
With a burst of determination, Cyrus launched himself forward. Dikune felt his hand moving on its own, creating a barrier of psychic energy to keep the Timburr at bay. This still didn’t stop Cyrus though, as he swung over and over and over again at the air trying to fight the force pushing him back.

“WE TRUSTED YOU! SHE TRUSTED YOU! YOU… YOU…you…”
He fell to his knees again, his energy almost depleted. Dikune was screaming internally at this point, his mouth refused to open and his body refused to move. Hypno walked over to the prone Timburr, and knocked him to the floor with a slap to the face.

“You what, rat? Drowzee, by any chance? Did you really believe that a Drowzee would even stoop so low as to live with you and those humans?”
Cyrus went to reach for his log again, but his attempt was in vain as the Hypno stomped on his hand.
“After you shun us? Treat us like vermin? You’re lucky we just leave these children blanked! We could kill them with our methods!” He spat. Cyrus looked up weakly at Dikune.

“Please… please say it isn’t so… for me… please… tell me it wasn’t all a lie…”
‘CYRUS NO! IT’S NOT ME! I CAN’T CONTROL MYSELF! PLEASE… PLEASE BELIEVE ME! I’M INNOCENT’ his thoughts pleaded, but the words that left his mouth… weren’t his own. It sounded as if someone else were talking through him, using him as a living puppet.

“I… must feed… my family…”
Cyrus’ resolve broke. He fell to the floor, fainted.
‘NO!’ Dikune screamed into his mind. Then he felt it, a momentary lapse in pain as the Hypno was beside himself in maniacal laughter.
“Oh how easy it is for them to break! Come now Dikune, steal his dream essence! Leave him as blank as his human!” Hypno cackled, as he made preparations to leave the center.
Dikune tried to resist, he tried to push through the pain he felt. The rest of his body moved all on its own, preparing to exhaust itself and all his energy supplies for the strongest Dream Eater he could.
‘No… I can’t… I won’t… I WON’T DO THIS!’ Every bone in his body seemed to react then. Dikune managed to break the invisible strings holding him hostage, and before Hypno could react he was blown back by a surprise Confusion attack.
“WHAT? How did you break free of my control, you rat?” Hypno yelled. Dikune wasn’t listening – the charged Psychic Energy within him was begging for release.
“…I’m sorry, Mona. Cyrus.” was all he could say, as his body exploded.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The police only found two bodies in the wreckage that day. I had managed to teleport away before most of the building fell, and apparently so did Hypno. Mona was pronounced dead on arrival. Cyrus survived, but the last I heard he was being bounced from adoption centre to adoption centre due to “behavioural problems”. And I? Well, I was a wanted fugitive. I was so young, but I was forced to hide out not unlike my brother did. I learned how to steel my heart, and hide my emotions. I became dark, manipulative, the very stereotype of a Drowzee. When I met you, however…
I saw something. Something in you and Blue that reminded me of her and Cyrus. It was weak of me, but I just wanted to feel something like that again. So I forced you to adopt me that day. You probably don’t even remember – but Blue does. What I did back then was wrong, and I hope you forgive me. I just…
I’m only writing this, telling you my story, because I don’t plan on returning. I needed to confess so that I would not feel guilty leaving you like this.
Please, don’t follow me.
Yours,
Dikune.

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Last edited by Whimsy; 03-23-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:38 PM   #4
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

...When everything changed

The Greensboro Adoption Centre. Once a bustling business bringing trainers and pokemon together, it was now abandoned and quiet. The local council had tried to repair the damage done due to the unfortunate accident that occured many years ago, however it was deemed unsavable after months of attempted repairs failed. Dikune shivered, the events of that day flooding back into his memories like an unwanted visitor.
"Let's just make this quick. I probably should just bring the rest of this place down around us. Maybe that'll actually kill him this time..." He muttered, bitterly to himself. The Drowzee made his way through the remains of what used to be the entry hall, steeling himself as he approached the doors to the foyer. A strange, yet familiar purple mist seemed to be emanating from the room, leaving no doubt in Dikune's mind as to where his target was. He entered the foyer.
The foyer was littered with dust and debris. The scaffolds that had been used to support the surrounding walls and ceiling were rusted and dirty, having been left there without being maintained for a long time. Purple mist filled the room, however a quick survey of the room showed that Hypno was not present at the time.
"That's strange... he should be here." Dikune said to himself, taking a few wary steps into the foyer. He cautiously continued to look around but still found nothing out of the ordinary. Dikune lowered his guard, allowing himself a breath of respite. A faint chalk outline caught his attention.
"Th- This is?!" He gasped. It was unmistakeable. This was the outline of Mona's body, that had been drawn there by the local police force during their investigation. Dikune knelt down, placing his hand where the outline's chest was drawn. He bowed his head, clenching his fist as years of anger and grief resurfaced after being surpressed for so long.
"Mona... forgive me. I never meant for our time together to end this way. I will put this right, by myself and by you."
A twinge in the back of Dikune's mind brought him back to the present, Forewarning him of a potential attack. Yet still he was blindsided as a heavy object struck him from behind, winding and dazing him heavily.
"You shouldn't have returned." He heard someone snarl behind him. It was a voice he recognised, yet in his heart he hoped he was wrong. Dikune turned to address his assailant, confirming his suspicions. There was no mistaking it, his aggressor was a Timburr. And not just any Timburr...
"Cyrus? What are you doing here?" Dikune asked, stunned to see his old partner again. Cyrus didn't respond, instead taking another swing at Dikune with his log. This time Dikune was prepared, and he quickly dodged the blow by taking a step back.
"How dare you show your face around here again!" Cyrus exclaimed, punctuating every word with another swing of his log. Dikune weaved to and fro, trying to dodge the unrelenting attacks. The mist made it hard to see the fighting type however, with some of the blows just glancing Dikunes' body because of it.
"Cyrus, I was called here, please believe me! I was blackmailed, I had to come here!" Dikune pleaded, as he found himself backed against a wall. He made to move off of it but Cyrus slammed his log face first into Dikune's chest. The Drowzee groaned as he was pinned to the wall by the infuriated fighting type.
"Cyrus, what's gotten into you?" Dikune managed to choke out as his breathing became restricted. His question only furthered the Timburr's rage.
"What's gotten into me? You dare act like you're innocent? I should just break every bone in your body right now!" Cyrus hissed.
"I... I am innocent! I didn't I didn't know that Hypno was going to hurt M-" Dikune started, before Cyrus cut him off with an enraged shout.
"DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK HER NAME!" Cyrus cried, pulling his log off of Dikune and into an overhead swing. Dikune quickly ducked, narrowly managing to telekinetically repel the log before it hit him. He looked up, making eye contact with the Timburr.
To say that his eyes were devoid of light would have been an understatement. Cyrus' eyes were dark, filled with nothing but pure, unbridled, feral rage. Dikune knew then that Cyrus wasn't going to listen to reason. And if that wasn't the case, then he'd just have to knock some sense into the Timburr.
"I don't have time to fight with you Cyrus, he's going to be here any minute." Dikune declared, before Teleporting behind the Timburr. Before he could react, Dikune slammed Cyrus against the wall with a close range Confusion. The Timburr slumped to the floor, and a quick cautious inspection confirmed that he has fainted. Dikune dusted himself off, before making sure that he hadn't inflicted any lasting injuries on the Timburr
"Sorry for pulling the Super Effective card on you. It was the only way..." He explained apologetically, before turning away from the now incapacitated Timburr. He made to walk away, but a strange sound stopped him in his tracks. Dikune turned around, to a horrifying sight. Cyrus' chest was glowing an eerie shade of black, and he was being pulled up off the floor as if he were like a puppet and a string were tied to his chest. He was forced back onto his feet. Once his feet hit the floor, Cyrus' eyes opened again. The Timburr growled, before charging back at Dikune as if he hadn't just fainted.
"What on earth?" Dikune asked, surprised, before narrowly sidestepping Cyrus' attack. "How did you revive?" Cyrus didn't respond, instead choosing to return to recklessly trying to strike Dikune again and again. This time, however, Dikune was prepared for Cyrus' plan of attack, and after a few dodges he quickly retaliated with a Psybeam. Again, this one counterattack managed to knock the Timburr out again. For good measure, Dikune fired another Psybeam at Cyrus. No response. He was truly fainted this time.
Or so Dikune thought. The glow returned to Cyrus' chest, and again he was dragged to his feet. Cyrus opened his eyes, and with a feral growl he continued his blind assault. Dikune didn't even get a chance to react as he was swept off his feet by Timburr slamming into him.
"Cyrus, how are you doing this?" Dikune asked, before rolling to one side to avoid Cyrus smashing his log into his face. Another Psybeam, and Cyrus was out cold for the third time...
Until he was dragged to his feet for a fourth time. And a fifth time. And a sixth time. Time and time again did Dikune try to stop his friends wrath, time and time again did he try to reason with the Timburr, time and time again did he knock the Timburr out. But every time, Cyrus just kept getting dragged to his feet, kept getting revived. The Drowzee was worried at this point, both for himself and for Cyrus. Nothing seemed to hurt the Timburr, and he showed no signs of letting up. However, he was slowly running out of health, and running out of energy. He'd lost count of how many times Cyrus had managed to cheat fainting.
"...I... I don't have time for this, Cyrus." Dikune was panting at this point. He thought through his options. Either he kept fighting in the vain hope that whatever was keeping Cyrus alive would run out, or he'd have to subdue Cyrus. Given that he was running out of energy fast, Dikune chose the latter option. He summoned tendrils of electric energy, letting Cyrus swung in for another attack. The tendrils wrapped themselves around Cyrus, locking his muscles up and causing him to go stiff. Cyrus fell flat on his face, unable to stop himself.
"There... hopefully that Thunder Wave will keep you down for a while. Now... about that log of yours..." Dikune closed his eyes, focusing on a nearby pebble and Cyrus' held item, his log. With a quick flick of his wrists, the two had swapped places.
"So glad I learned how to use Trick." Dikune chuckled, before realising something odd. Usually, when using Trick, the target is only holding one item. Thus, his focus should have been only on the log. However, when he was preparing the swap, he could have sworn he'd detected another object on Cyrus' body...
Dikune grabbed Cyrus' log before the Timburr could reclaim it. However, this hadn't stymed Cyrus' attack, the smaller fighting type instead was now thrashing about wildly. With a quick strike, Dikune managed to knock Cyrus out again. But this time, Dikune held the Timburr's body down with his own log. Cyrus' chest glowed black again. The strange force that had been pulling Cyrus to his feet was trying again to do so but Dikune was pressing down hard on the log, keeping Cyrus earthbound. He closed his eyes again, trying to sense the strange object again.
There it was! Around Cyrus' neck? How did he not see it before? Dikune went to grab the object, but as his fingers touched the source of the glow he was suddenly blown back. He hit the nearby wall with a thud, and for the umpteenth time Cyrus was revived.
Only this time, Dikune could see what was around his neck. And what it was made his blood run cold.
It was a Hypno's Pendulum. And not just any Hypno's pendulum...
The mist that surrounded the pair suddenly made sense now.
"Brother! I know you're there! Release my friend at once!"
"Oh? It took you long enough. And here I was thinking I'd have to fight you again."
There was no mistaking it. That was Hypno's voice! But... where was Hypno? Dikune looked around. There was no sign of him anywhere.
"Oh dear brother, I'm standing right in front of you!" Hypno taunted. The mist started to thicken and gather around Cyrus. A pair of hands could be seen within, then a body...
Sure enough, in the mist, was Hypno. He was... ethereal, like a ghost. However, he wasn't the one speaking...
"Well, not quite standing, but you get the idea. Oh how wonderful it is to see you again! Sorry I didn't clean the place up a bit, it's pretty hard to keep things tidy when you're dead."
Cyrus. It was Cyrus who was speaking, but from his mouth came Hypno's voice.
"Oh but where are my manners? Dikune, brother, allow me to introduce you to your host for the evening, and my host for the past 5 years. Say hello, Cyrus!"
The spirit Hypno raised its hand, and as if by command Cyrus raised his too. Dikune was enraged, as things started making sense again.
"That's right, Dikune!" Hypno said through Cyrus, as if he knew what Dikune were thinking. "You thought you killed me, didn't you? Well, thanks to your idiotic vermin friend here, I'm undead and well!"
The spirit floated its way towards Dikune, lying down in the air in front of him.
"When you killed me I was so, so angry. Angry enough that I managed to get my soul stuck here in my pendulum, like a lich. Well, that was until your idiot friend here took my pendulum from these ruins. Oh, you should have heard his thoughts! It was so easy to control him. He and I both wanted you to pay, all I had to do was whisper a few words of direction into his ears and he was mine to control!"
The spirit's words chilled Dikune to the bone. How long had Hypno been using his friend for? Had he been possessed this entire time? Did he even know what was going on, that Hypno was controlling him? Although a tiny part of Dikune was relieved to know that Cyrus hadn't turned on him of his own free will. Well, not entirely.
"Then... Then all I have to do is destroy your pendulum! You really didn't think this far ahead didn't you?" Dikune asked, trying to sound as confident as he could. He'd learned about liches from Mona - they kept themselves alive by storing their soul in an object of personal importance, allowing themselves to live on as spectres. Hypno laughed.
"Oh? What was that? Destroy my pendulum? Oh go ahead, try. But you'll be killing Cyrus if you do!"
"What?" Dikune asked, alarmed. Hypno returned to floating over Cyrus' body. It started to move his body around as if he were a puppet, acting out his explaination
"See, in order to possess him, he had to bind his soul to mine. So that means Cyrus' soul is in this here pendulum too! How do you think I've been able to keep him alive and fighting? It only cost him a part of his soul, but those are the breaks for immortality!"
Hypno swooped down so that it was at Cyrus' level. It started running its hands over the pendulum, as if it were trying to goad Dikune into attacking the thing.
"Oh... but if the pendulum were to be destroyed... oh dear, that would mean Cyrus' soul is destroyed too! And that wouldn't do now, would it? Oh, all is lost! If only there were some other way to free Cyrus from this curse! The big bad Hypno Ghost has dug his claws into the poor poor Timburr because he happens to be holding his pendulum."
Dikune looked at the Hypno ghost as if it had grown another head. Did it just... tell him how it was possessing Cyrus? No... no it didn't... did it? Considering he was all out of options, Dikune decided to roll with it. He closed his eyes, focusing on the pendulum that was tied around Cyrus' neck and Cyrus' log that he still held in his hands. With a quick Trick, the two items were swapped. Dikune looked up at the Hypno spirit with a confident smirk. He had beaten the Hypno at its own game!
"Oh no! You've taken my Pendulum away from Cyrus! I'm no longer able to control him! Oh no..."
The Hypno spirit made a big act of pretending to fade back into the mist, before reforming himself above Dikune.
"...If only that wasn't exactly what I wanted. KNEEL BEFORE ME!"
Without thinking, Dikune suddenly knelt down on command. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stand up. It was as if his entire body was... disobeying him.
"GAHAHAHA! You foolish, naive child. Do you really think I'd give away my plans so easily? Yes... now you're mine, brother! I have complete control over your body!"
Dikune panicked. This wasn't good at all. Across from him, Cyrus awoke from his trance, confused. How long had he been asleep for? All of a sudden, the effects of the battles he had waged with Dikune earlier all took their toll on him at once. Cyrus screamed out in pain, and collapsed onto the ground. The Hypno spirit started to laugh uncontrollably, before giving Dikune a cruel smile.
"Now let's slip into something a little more... comfortable, shall we?"
And with that, Dikune was engulfed in a sickly purple light. He moaned in pain as a strange, energy that flowed from the pendulum in his hand forced its way through his entire body. His body grew more humanlike, his arms and legs growing more distinct, his nose shrinking. He could feel his strength returning, and then some. It felt so natural, yet... so wrong...
The glow faded, leaving the effects of the energy for all to see. Dikune... had evolved into a Hypno.
"Ohoho! This feels sooo much better! I am so glad I had you fight your vermin friend over and over! Emotional turmoil, powerlessness and a saviour complex are the perfect triggers for evolution!" The Hypno spirit flew into a fit of mad laughter. Dikune felt sick. The horrified look in Cyrus' eyes told him everything he needed to know. They'd both been played for fools.
"This... This changes nothing, Hypno!" Dikune yelled out defiantly. "In fact, you've just made the situation worse for yourself by granting me this stronger form!"
"Oh, worse for me? Please, go right ahead and show me how this is 'worse for me'." The spirit sneered. Dikune snarled, and started channeling a large amount of Psychic energy. The pendulum in his hand started to react as he did, almost trying to draw the energy towards it. As if it by instinct, Dikune allowed the energy to flow into the pendulum. He'd seen other Hypno strengthen their attacks by doing that, so why should he not do the same? His question was answered, however, by the energy within the pendulum suddenly fizzling out. Dikune was confused. He futilely tried channeling again, but yet again the energy was drawn to and dissipated by his pendulum. Hypno gave off a mocking laugh as Dikune tried again and again to use any of his attacks.
"Oh, would you look at that? You were right! Nothing has changed at all. I am still in control around here! That pendulum you hold might have made you evolve, but it will never accept you as it's owner. It is loyal to me and me alone. You are powerless! A Hypno without a pendulum!"
The Hypno was right. Dikune truly felt powerless. Any offense he could muster would be rendered useless if Hypno was able to just draw all the energy away from it.
"Oh, but I bet you're wondering where all that energy went? Well, why don't you ask your friend over there?"
Hypno gestured over to Cyrus, who was now struggling to stand upright. His body was now covered in burns and bruises that weren't there before. Hypno threw his hand to his forehead in mock sympathy, floating around the Timburr as it inspected its handiwork
"Oh, tragedy! He seems to be on his last legs! I guess being on the recieving end of a large amount of energy is very taxing to a soul as weak as his. Any more abuse and I figure his soul would just about be completely destroyed!"
"Why... Why have you done this to me? To us?" Dikune asked, distraught. Hypno stormed over to the Dikune, anger dancing in his eyes. The smoke grew thicker and more ominous, glowing a vivid shade of red.
"Why? You dare ask me why? Are you still that ignorant?" He held up an accusing finger.
"You left me for dead, Dikune! I have been stuck here, stuck in this state of undeath for the past four years, because you somehow managed to choose your pitiful little trainer and her vermin pokemon over your own flesh and blood!" The spirit paced in front of the prone Dikune.
"When I planted you in that girls household all those years ago, your only objective was to bring her to me! You weren't supposed to develop feelings, you were supposed to carry out orders! But no, you became friends with the girl. You started playing the hero. I was forced to go along with it, play your mysterious guide, because your insubordination would have jeapordised my entire plan! Every time I met you, I had to drive layer after layer of hypnotic suggestion into your thick, immature skull just to make sure you never told her my true plans! When I learned she would be looking for me, it was the perfect opportunity. I could finally capture her soul like I was supposed to! All you had to do was sit at home and let me erase her as was the plan. But no! Yet again, you disobeyed me! You somehow severed my control over you, and you killed me! But here I am. My body may have been destroyed in the blast, but my soul still remains. I have been residing in your worthless friend over there ever since he took my pendulum from these ruins. But of course, I couldn't use my pendulum properly while I was possessing his body. Only a Hypno can use a pendulum like mine, not a rat like Timburr. But how convenient for me, there just so happens to be a live Hypno in the room right now!"
The spirit finished his monologue, floating threateningly close to Dikune's face.
"Now. Listen to me and listen to me very closely, dear brother, for this is how everything is going to go. You will willingly surrender your body to me. You will surrender your soul to me. I will walk out of this accursed building alive and well, your vermin friend can leave this building alive and well, and you will die. If you do not do this... well..."
Hypno threw his hand forward, and at his command Dikune's body started to channel yet more energy into the pendulum. Dikune almost buckled under the pain of the extraction, but he was able to stand his ground. The same could not have been said for Cyrus, however, his efforts to hold in his screams of agony were useless now.
"I could just make you kill your friend instead. His blood will join mine on your hands!" Hypno finished, with malice dripping from every word. Dikune finally managed to force his body to obey him, and he quickly made his way to Cyrus' side. The Timburr's breathing was ragged and forced, and he was forced to rely on his log to help him sit upright.
"...Dikune... please... don't help him. Save yourself..." Cyrus rasped in between shaky breaths.
"No... I can't hurt you again. Not now, not after all the pain I've made you live through." Dikune answered. "Please, trust me... I will get you out of this alive. I owe it to you... and to Mona..."
"Please... let me die instead. At least then I can be with Mona again."
"Cyrus..." Dikune was choking back tears at this point.
"You know... ever since that day... I hated you. I really did. But...," Cyrus hung his head, trying to hide the tears forming in his eyes.
"There was always a part of me... that still trusted you. Still... believed you were our friend... still believed you wouldn't want to hurt us. And I still do! You can't make this choice... please... I won't let you."
Dikune lifted the Timburr's head, and wiped his tears away.
"I'm sorry... "
Dikune stood, and turned to the Hypno. Behind him, Cyrus shakily planted the tip of his log in the ground, using it as a prop to hold him steady. The Timburr started growing a vivid red, as he called on every last reserve of energy he had. All his rage, all his sorrow, all his emotions, he called upon them all.
"So am I."
Cyrus flung himself forward, smashing directly into Dikune's legs. Dikune's body crumpled, and fell forward with a sickening thud, the impact of the surprise Revenge knocking him clear unconscious. Hypno's pendulum fell out of his hand, landing right between Dikune and Cyrus.
"You... meddling... RAT! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?" Hypno bellowed. The smoke surrounding him started to thicken, swirling around him wildly. Cyrus wobbled as he looked up at the spirit.
"What I... should have done... years ago..." And with that, Cyrus let his body give way. He fell forward, log first, onto Hypno's pendulum. The pendulum shattered on impact, destroying the soul of the Spirit Hypno that resided with it.
"What? NO! YOU... YOU!" Hypno started, as his body started tearing itself apart. The purple smoke he emitted was now a chilling blue, and it was spiralling around the Hypno uncontrollably at this point, as if it were assimilating him. He gave out an unearthly moan, as death finally reclaimed him, his spirit forcefully dragged to the netherworld. However, the feedback of the destruction tore its way through Cyrus, and he collapsed to the floor, feeling as if his entire being - mind, body and soul - had been crushed as well. The pain was excruciating, but luckily for Cyrus he had blacked out before he could feel anything.
The smoke cleared, leaving Dikune and Cyrus alone, unconscious, on the floor of the ruined abandon centre. In the distance, faint sirens and shouting could be heard...

*Evolution requirements met!*
*Congratulations? Dikune Evolved into Hypno! *
*Dikune learned Future Sight and Switcheroo!*

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Last edited by Whimsy; 05-02-2016 at 04:25 AM. Reason: I remembered that he learned moves at Lv - on evolution so before I format this post Imma drop these in first

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade