Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #27
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
We can open the AC with the intention of allowing for dropoff only right now. I personally don't think Pokedollars need much tweaking, but this is a good idea in order to get things rolling.

Any last opinions before we post the AC?
Old 05-03-2017, 06:51 PM   #28
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I don't have any. Assuming no more come in from other members of the community, I'll work on getting the write up sent to the moderator team soon.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-03-2017, 08:40 PM   #29
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

The Adoption Center is now open for deposits only - this will, of course, change as we finalize the economy and open up more shops. Given all of Tate's hard work and dedication in getting the AC up and running, it seems only appropriate to give ownership of the shop to them.

Discussion is still open regarding the future of the AC, particularly given that prices and the exact implementation of stray Pokemon are not quite set in stone yet.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:26 PM   #30
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Sorry for the double post, but the question was brought to me by Tate, and I would like to ask you all your opinion -

When Adoption opens, should we temporarily lower the one-month restriction in order to address the number of Pokemon which have been deposited into the AC?
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:31 PM   #31
Heather
Naga's Voice

Wait and see about it, really. If the first wave is huge (which it probably will be), then go ahead. If it's not all that big, then simply put we're just going to have a huge backlog because we can't force people to adopt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:12 PM   #32
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Well seeing it that it's already pretty huge (and it's gonna be even bigger when I decide to reset, ooooooooooh boooooy) I agree for putting more slack on the once-a-month limit for a while to empty things out. Perhaps give it 3 per month?

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:20 PM   #33
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
Well seeing it that it's already pretty huge (and it's gonna be even bigger when I decide to reset, ooooooooooh boooooy) I agree for putting more slack on the once-a-month limit for a while to empty things out. Perhaps give it 3 per month?
My only problem with that is, how do you divide a month by three? Every ten days?

I mean, if the mods are okay with it, I guess I'm okay with every ten days. There's over 100 'mon in there right now, and it's only going to grow. We were thinking of doing every two weeks, but what's really ten vs fourteen days?
Old 05-07-2017, 10:26 PM   #34
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

I assume that Oki is suggesting three overall in the month, instead of one every <time period here>
Old 05-07-2017, 11:21 PM   #35
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
I assume that Oki is suggesting three overall in the month, instead of one every <time period here>
We had this suggested in Discord, and them problem becomes that the first person to post in the thread then can claim three of the most sought after 'mon, and 'first come, first served' becomes suddenly very unfair.

Example: Tate is the first one to post in the AC when it opens. Tate adopts Dratini, Aerodactyl, and Larvitar. The other members feel like they never even got a chance.

One every <X period> is the best way I know of to keep the playing field even and give everyone a chance at at least one 'good' 'mon. (Yes, they're all good, but let's be realistic -- there's some really sought after beasties in there right now.)

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-07-2017, 11:23 PM   #36
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

ten days sounds good

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:26 PM   #37
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Yeah what PG said ^^;

But we could make it differently, like 1 every 10 days (for approximately 3 per month) or for something more simple, 1 every week (so approximately 4 per month). Which... now that I think about it, can make things more fair. Because that way although people can take more Pokémon than the normal 1/month, it'll give a chance for others to grab more prized Pokémon. As an example, the AC has say 3 rare/prized Pokémon. Some guy faster than everyone swoops in the moment the AC opens and uses up his 3 Pokémon allowed for the month on those 3 Pokémon, leaving everyone in the dust. But by making it restricted to 1 per week, that guy will only able to take 1, while others still have a chance to get the other 2 Pokémon. It's still not 100% fair as it's still "first come, first serve", but it's a little bit better!

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaaaand I got ninja'd ^^; At least it shows we agree on that?

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:45 PM   #38
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I need to get some input from the mods on how far we actually want to reduce this. I have the okay on two weeks, but one week might be cutting it a bit far. Then again, there are roughly 115 Pokémon in the AC, with more to come. At one a week with 25 members adopting each week that's still over a month to clear it out...

They'll pop in here tomorrow, I'm sure, to give their thoughts. I think two weeks would be fine, but I'm not opposed to one week. I'm also not opposed to ten days -- I'm pretty flexible. In all honestly I'd just like to see that list drop pretty quickly as it's a bit overwhelming to manage.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-07-2017, 11:53 PM   #39
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post

I need to get some input from the mods on how far we actually want to reduce this. I have the okay on two weeks, but one week might be cutting it a bit far. Then again, there are roughly 115 Pokémon in the AC, with more to come. At one a week with 25 members adopting each week that's still over a month to clear it out...

They'll pop in here tomorrow, I'm sure, to give their thoughts. I think two weeks would be fine, but I'm not opposed to one week. I'm also not opposed to ten days -- I'm pretty flexible. In all honestly I'd just like to see that list drop pretty quickly as it's a bit overwhelming to manage.

I'm fine with ten days to make it three a month until the AC clears up just a little bit. I think a week is slightly too little, but the ten days is a happy medium.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development