UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2014, 04:05 AM   #2626
Mew The Gato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
I did that a lot with my re-introduction to OU. Mega Manectric can OHKO (or just about OHKO) Landorus, Lando-T, Gliscor, and Garchomp, so I'd make the mistake to switch Mega Manectric in and consequently lose it to EQ or Earth Power.
I usually switch Landorus-T into Mega Manectric.

It usually works.
Mew The Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #2627
Cloneblazer12
somewhat temporarily back

Send a message via Skype™ to Cloneblazer12
Im terrible at this game guys

Spoiler: show
i outpredict this guy big time and he gets hella mad. Yes, I was saccing my Thundy, but he didn't know that and it allowed me to basically kill his Excadrill - or would have if he didn't rage quit. He also neglected the fact that I had outplayed him earlier in regards to killin Aegi with Lando. So yeah.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:28 AM   #2628
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I don't know that you outplayed him so much as you made standard moves and he never quite caught onto this. He basically threw the match away when he kept insisting on using Ground-type attacks against a Flier you showed no signs of calling back.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #2629
Mew The Gato

And with this, I reached 1600 on my new alt! Made it yesterday. And I am probably going to be stuck in the 1600s now. As usual.

This is a... strange coincidence. See the Pokemon he sent out first.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #2630
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
There's something about double-switches that I just love so much. Don't really know what it is. Even a couple of them feel so weirdly awesome to me.

Hanging strong in the mid-1500s, but I strongly suspect I need a better team if I want to break through much higher, and I really cbf to teambuild.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #2631
dirkac
uhhhhh

omg I reached 1400 on OU again
Yeah, hurr, nothing special but I suck so badly at OU (or well Comp in general after Swirlix Ban) that it's been months since I got higher than 1400.
Also one of the quickest battles I've been in, gotta love Scolitrain :3
And a Gliscor staying in on a Scolipede, too, I guess.

>Landorus-T
I'd imagine that switching into MMane is a bit risky, considering potential Damage may KO it, but eh, what do I know,
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #2632
Red Panda
head head bitch

Yeah I would not risk switching Lando-T or anything 4x weak to ice in against Mega Manectric. Because chances are even if it doesn't anticipate it on the switch it'll outspeed and OHKO.

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 340-404 (96 - 114.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 324-384 (101.2 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 324-384 (101.2 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Salamence: 324-384 (97.8 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 312-368 (87.1 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Garchomp: 284-336 (79.3 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And Manectric can 2HKO Dragonite with Thunderbolt -> Hidden Power Ice

I wouldn't want to switch in, no.
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #2633
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

Send a message via Skype™ to Kyro12
Wherein UPN eats my post twice and running BP doesn't mean you can forego priority. (RU, 28 Turns)

UPN ate my post twice so I don't feel like typing up another long winded explanation, sorry ^^;

Credit to Daisy for this glorious Battle Cut :3
Kyro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:31 AM   #2634
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
I think I met Myles' evil twin.

Pretty hilarious though, especially after an incredibly annoying battle with a stall team.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:52 AM   #2635
Mew The Gato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
Yeah I would not risk switching Lando-T or anything 4x weak to ice in against Mega Manectric. Because chances are even if it doesn't anticipate it on the switch it'll outspeed and OHKO.

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 340-404 (96 - 114.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 324-384 (101.2 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 324-384 (101.2 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Salamence: 324-384 (97.8 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 312-368 (87.1 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Garchomp: 284-336 (79.3 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And Manectric can 2HKO Dragonite with Thunderbolt -> Hidden Power Ice

I wouldn't want to switch in, no.
I use Assault Vest and usually avoid the 2HKO. Which is the reason Life Orb Latios' Surf did less than 50% damage. I have Wish support to heal Landorus-T and Sylveon to continuously wall Mega Manectric, anyway.

Last edited by Mew The Gato; 07-01-2014 at 05:26 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:18 AM   #2636
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangeetsuper View Post

Pretty hilarious though, especially after an incredibly annoying battle with a stall team.
>Omg legendaries
>Has Kyurem-B
Sure, lets go with that
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:42 AM   #2637
Mew The Gato

So, I decided to start trying to ladder on Neverused today.

And then this battle took place, with exactly 85 turns. Regigigas was very useful throughout the match, even getting over Slow Start several times due to the sheer hax power of Confuse Ray + Thunder Wave + Substitute. Lickilicky was good defensive backup, with Heal Bell and Wish support, while Meowstic managed to stop what may have been a sweep if Gourgeist failed to stop Barbaracle. Besides, Meowstic managed to set up Light Screen, allowing Regigigas to wall much better than usual.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:22 AM   #2638
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

>Gourgeist and Barbaracle in NU
Nope that's just plain wrong
Squad Summary

Old 07-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #2639
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Accelgor is also in NU, same with Altaria, Lanturn and Archeops.

Those four should be RU, at least.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:40 AM   #2640
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Wobbuffet MVP- Random Battle 21 turns
gmoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #2641
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
Archeops would be RU if it could still use flying gem. Not having access has ruined its flagship set and made it much harder to use effectively.

Accelgor is awesome though. I think it would see more usage if people didn't focus so much on spikes. I love using a life orb set and using him as a revenge killer and surprise special attacker. He can actually serve well as a late game cleanup sweeper.

Haven't used Altaria or Lanturn, so I can't really comment on them.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:18 AM   #2642
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroicRein View Post
Accelgor is also in NU, same with Altaria, Lanturn and Archeops.

Those four should be RU, at least.
Regarding Lanturn, it's main point of existance was that it was able to somehow use Rain, and the fact that it was outclassed by Rotom-W allowed it to shine in lower tiers. Because the former was nerfed and the latter introduced new things, Lanturn couldn't keep up.

Though it doesn't really warrant NU, I'd say.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #2643
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

SoakTurn is surprisingly good
Squad Summary

Old 07-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #2644
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangeetsuper View Post

I would be ashamed to call this guy my twin. I only ever complained about Legends when I adamantly refused to use them myself. This guy's just a hypocrite.

But CB Archeops. I can see why Ninty gave Archeops Defeatist after running into THAT. God forbid your team has a huge flying weakness and your opponent is running that, because you'll be curbstomped by CB pluck until you can somehow get him into half health or below, if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #2645
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
SoakTurn is surprisingly good
There was a gimmick team that made the rounds during the VGC qualifiers that centered around using Soak Lanturn and M-Mane to score high-power SE hits on everyone and rob 'mon of their STABs. It was pretty surprisingly effective and hard to outright counter since M-Mane and Scarf Soak Lanturn would rob you of at least one Pokémon.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #2646
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoyes View Post
Wow that Wobby outplay. Kudos to you, that was actually really good; he could do nothing.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #2647
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Decided to re-ladder my accounts back up to 1700+ in Random Battle, starting with Juisho.

Wherein Shedinja and Nidoqueen terrorize whilst rocks appear and disappear constantly. (Random Battle, 23 turns)

This battle is a good example of a deserved win. As you see, my opponent half-ragequits half-defeatedquits on Turn 23, realizing he can't possibly win now that I've DDed up. (And unbeknownst to him I was going to use Substitute next turn too, so it's not like he could've even Sucker Punched me then.) This was a hard-fought win considering the pressure that Simipour and Swanna present in Random Battle.

Wherein Mega Manectric terrorizes. (Random Battle, 36 turns)

This one, on the other hand, is a solid example of an undeserved win. Not that I don't deserve it as a person. And not that I don't deserve it as a competent battler either. Just about every call I made was the right call. It's just that my opponent called every last one of my calls -- when I went for the obvious, he called that I'd do that; and when I went for tricks, he'd call that I'd do that too.

For example: had Feraligatr used Aqua Jet against Mega Manectric instead of Earthquake, I could have 2HKOed his Flygon and possibly won the match then and there with Feraligatr's fearsome strength. But I was confident that he would switch Mega Manectric out, not wanting it to take hefty damage; and I was confident that he'd call Aqua Jet too, and therefore not want to send out the water-neutral, defense-average Flygon to soak it up. So I figured Earthquake would be a safe bet. "Surely he won't switch in the levitating dragon!" ... He switched in the levitating dragon. -.-;

The reason I deserved to lose this one wasn't because of who the two of us are as people nor was it because of how I battled. The reason I deserved to lose was because this was a game where two players of roughly equal skill were facing off and, quite simply, my opponent held team advantage as well as field advantage for most of the match. Durant? Insta-win. Meloetta? Insta-win. Mega Manectric? Not bad when your opponent's team includes a Pelipper, Moltres, and Feraligatr. But despite these insta-win buttons, (if I may say so myself) I was such a good battler that I held on, tooth and nail, and stretched the game out as far as it could possibly go. And then we arrived at the end of the road: Turn 36, with Moltres facing off against Mega Manectric. My only attacks were Hurricane, Will-o-Wisp, U-Turn, and Roost. Thus, my only chance for a victory (that I predicted) would be to use Hurricane, hit him for 25%+ HP damage, confuse him, he hurts himself in his confusion, and then I hit him again with Hurricane to win the game. The odds of this plan working were only 49% that I'd even hit him, compounded with 30% odds that he get confused after the first Hurricane and an additional 50% odds that he hit himself at the top of the next turn. So 49% x 50% x 50% or roughly 12.5%. Not the world's worst odds, no, but this is what I was basically banking on to win the game: hax.

And hax is how I won -- though not as I'd thought. I didn't get my confusion hax ... instead, I got something much better. A critical hit that, to my surprise, miraculously dealt enough damage to KO the Electric beast despite his being at nearly half health. Wow. O_o Definitely did not expect that.

My opponent was so disgusted with what happened that he ragequit the moment the KO was reported. And I can't say as I blame him. Like I said: it's not like I didn't deserve the win in the sense that I beat someone vastly superior than me because of hax. I battled well. But it's just that this was a battle that the RNG had decided I was going to lose ... until that final turn when critical hit hax happened and I won. If I'd been Texas Mike, I'd have been pissed too. It's happened to me before. You feel cheated of a deserved win, utterly robbed. So ... condolences to Texas Mike. But yay for me? ^^;
Old 07-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #2648
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
In which this guys haxxes his way to win and he proceeds to insult me!

Before anyone says anything: No, the paralysis hax didn't mean much because Tyrantrum can't break Alomomola anyways.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:07 PM   #2649
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
In which this guys haxxes his way to win and he proceeds to insult me!

Before anyone says anything: No, the paralysis hax didn't mean much because Tyrantrum can't break Alomomola anyways.
Response:

With Cofagrigus's death, I can see why you feel cheated. Common sense would say that he calls back his Regenerator Amoongus rather than allow it to pointlessly die to another Shadow Ball. So you planned to Pain Split the incoming switch ... and you got screwed by his odd decision to stay put.

With Rhyperior's, however, I don't know. I assume your Rhyperior has either Rock Blast, Stone Edge, or Rock Head in his arsenal. If so, then I don't understand why you wasted a turn setting up Stealth Rock when you knew he would likely Giga Drain you, hungry for what'd he hope could be the OHKO. Furthermore, his team isn't exactly Stealth Rock weak and he has shown you the opposite of a tendency to switch frequently. So like ... I feel you'd have been better off Stone Edging (or similar) than Stealth Rocking. But whatever.

What the hell was Turn 30?

Turns 37 through 42 sure do seem awfully haxy, whether or not you agree that Tyrantrum could've done much to harm Alomomola. (Given that it took you four full turns to kill him, it's conceivable that had he dodged a burn for even two of those four turns that he might have forced you to start wasting Wishes and that on turns he predicted you to use Protect he could've used Dragon Dance. We'll never know though.) Even if we say that Tyrantrum loses to Amomomola, end of debate, it doesn't change the fact that he was paralyzed five turns in a row. ^_^; Have some sympathy.

I have no complaint with Turn 45. That's what Air Slash is supposed to do. You got five paralyses in a row. He got an Air Slash flinch. Fair is fair, even if you're right that his paralyses didn't matter as much as your flinch.

Turn 57 is balanced out by Turn 58.

Turns 63 and 64 suck. I hate it when Toxic misses. It's already such a risky move as two entire types are immune to it and many others don't even care about it that badly. I really wish it were 100% accurate. At least it is now when Poison types use it. But even if we accept Toxic missing, Scald not burning is crappy as well. Yes, it officially only has a 30% chance of triggering. No, anyone who's played on PS knows just how often Scald burns on that client. So for it to not burn on the heels of Toxic also missing is pretty shitty.

Turn 70 definitely sucks. I think that even if he hadn't gotten a critical hit that your decision to switch was still risky. But yeah, knocking Alomomola out all in one hit like that was pretty brutal. Definitely analogous to the game I had earlier today where I Hurricane'd his Mega Manectric and won the game thanks to it hitting him critically.

Whoa! What the hell happened!? O_o Out of nowhere he blurts out, "FUCK YOU" and proceeds to insult your team. Man. It's clear that he doesn't like stall given his comments at the start of the game, but holy shit this outburst was unexpected. You were polite (if only because you were silent) the entire game, never once complaining about hax, never once gloating when things went your way. For him to be so rude like this ... I wonder if phoopes can tell us more about Showdown's policies on player rudeness. I know that when players are "excessively rude" as determined by Showdown staff that they can be muted or even banned, but usually that's for stuff like death threats, private message harassment, and so on. I know that Smogon has (or once had) a zero-tolerance policy regarding racism; there was this one time where I faced a guy with a username that was extremely racist against blacks, and as we played and I was starting to seal the win, the anti-black comments just started coming. He accused me of being black, was ranting and raving about how terrible black people are, etc I didn't even want to play with a guy like this; and so, hopeful, I contacted a Smogon mod. That moderator wasted no time perma-banning the racist guy and all of his alts. He told me, "We don't tolerate that sort of behavior." So like, I know that if people are being really racist it's technically grounds for a ban. But whether that would be enforced in 2014 or not (this would've been early 2013) and whether aimless hatred like the hatred your opponent expressed is grounds for punishment ... I kinda doubt it. Maybe if he's a repeat offender. Though the only way they'd know that is if he got reported for his shitty behavior so many times that the staff came to memorize his name.

I guess what I'd say is, just let it go this time. We have the log here on record anyway. If you ever face him again and he's this rude to you again in the future, then at that time you can notify the Smogon staff about him and provide links to both games.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #2650
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Decided to play a quick game of Random Doubles to slow down my decay on that ladder. Was shocked to find that my score's already fallen from the 1600+ where I last left it to somewhere in the 1400s. Anyway, in I go into my first Random Doubles game in months, and ...

My Battle vs. Bellicose Breloom (Random Doubles, 3 turns)

I had no idea who Bellicose Breloom was but given the circumstances and dialogue of the match I was curious to see where he or she ranked on the ladder.

Oh.

As for the match, I'm confident I would have won. Bellicose Breloom's play was far too direct, far too aggressive. While the Heat Wave would've cost me Escavalier had it hit, I still would have slain Tornadus with Pelipper's Ice Beam anyway, I still would have had both of my screens up, and the score would have been 4-4 with his Manaphy next in line to be slain. I had a Victreebel (will hate 2.5x-powered Ice Beam but can Sucker Punch to help take out the menace) and some other good Pokémon. He'd/She'd already lost Ursaring and Tornadus, two killer Pokémon in any Random Battle, and had she then lost Manaphy she'd have crumpled just the same as we saw her do here. So yeah: even with Escavalier dying, I think I still had this. Dual screens for the win.

The Lion Queen (Random Battle, 25 turns)

Back in the 1700s now. At least on that one account. Two more to go. Also, very low 1700s. Normally I hung out in the upper 1700s, peeking into the 1800s periodically, so ... I might rinse and repeat for 1800 once I get all three to 1700. We'll see. Not much point really when the scores are only going to decay again from disuse.

Last edited by Talon87; 07-01-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON