UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 07:22 PM   #1
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Cyndaquil Springtide Isles Through the Rift! (Hisui Event)

With the echoes of Dialga's Gate still being felt throughout Fizzytopia, travelers have noticed strange distortions happening around the Springtime Island. The Springtime Pyukumuku has been reported to be bouncing around New Fizz City, asking any and all trainers to help it return the island to its original state. The standard local has been warped to match the areas of Ancient Sinnoh, known then as "Hisui." Perhaps, in helping out, you'll find a new friend waiting to explore the present?

Areas:

Obsidian Grove: The Berry Tree Canopy and Flowerfields have warped together to create a lush flower-filled grassland with large rocks jutting out. Berry trees are still aplenty here, but the terrain has become rockier as well. Beware of the small ponds and jagged stones as you traverse the trees and flowers! please reply in deeppink

Crimson Delta: The Rocky Coast and Nature Trails have warped together to create a swampy marsh that leads out to the sea. Countless rivers cut through the swamps and marshes, creating difficult terrain. Though the soil here is extremely fertile, so rare water plants and sprawling grain fields line the small islands. please reply in lightslategray

Cobalt Harbor: The Beachfront and Harborside Market have warped together to create a more secluded area, with newly abandoned shipwrecks around the market and beach. Large mountainous area circles around the beach, and small islands and giant rocks can be seen from the harbor jutting from the waves. Various fishing boats can be seen docked here, with the market looking like something out of the past. Please reply in mediumaquamarine

Celestica Mountain: The Temple and Volcano Path have warped together to create a towering mountain littered with ruins. The lava flows have cooled, creating large valleys between canyons with a ton of fertile growth. Ancient Ruins seemed to have warped in all around, telling the legends of Hisui through the rubble. Please reply in orangered.

Alabaster Arctic: The Ice Caverns and Seaside Waterfall have warped together to create a sprawling arctic with many caves and rivers. Tunnels of pure ice connect the snowfields together, and giant waterfalls glisten as the droplets turn to ice. Coniferous trees have sprouted all around, giving the impression of a winter wonderland. Please reply in paleturquoise.

Trainers may choose to explore one of the above areas for an egg. You can explore up to three times, and either opt to stay in the same area or move to a different one Each egg encounter will be surmised by one update. You may either post that you are keeping or passing on the egg in your reply. Once you are on your third exploration, you are locked into the egg that you find.

This event will last until May 1st, 11:59 PM GMT

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-28-2022, 07:54 PM   #2
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Celestica Mountain: The Temple and Volcano Path have warped together to create a towering mountain littered with ruins. The lava flows have cooled, creating large valleys between canyons with a ton of fertile growth. Ancient Ruins seemed to have warped in all around, telling the legends of Hisui through the rubble. Please reply in orangered.
Days turned to nights... turned to weeks... and now a month. It had been a while since his return to Fizzytopia, and he was nonetheless wiser. Things were different now, yet he cared not. For, well, what was the point? He had made his decision on the way back, and he wasn't going to back down on it. Even if his now Lampent was off somewhere, he surprisingly didn't miss the company. No, this was a new place for the homunculus. A place Leo had mentioned a few times, that comes and goes whenever new discoveries are afoot.

Yet, this land had been tainted by the fallout of Dialga's Gate. Spacetime was warped here, even further beyond, than anything he had seen. It was... awful, but beautiful. A vagrant dream, spiced through the past and future. Not even the shadows that haunted him could withstand this unstable ground. The island twisting into a remnant of a long bygone era. Hisui, the name the Sinnoh region bore an age ago. Said to be the progenitor of most of the modern world, as people went and left.

And, that was the strange fascination for him. As he traversed the mountain paths and ruins that lined them. For anything... something... that might hint towards his mark. Towards his existence. If his supposed Father God had made contact so long ago, then perhaps... here there would be a hint. A clue. Even if all he'd find were eggs hidden from the rift, the ancient past might hold a clue towards the future.

Climb and search, climb and search, search and climb, search and climb. Nothing stood out to the man, in these forested waste of ruins. THe ground trembled beneath his feet as he ascended the mountain. Dust flew behind him as he descended it. High and low he went, yet his quarry was naught in sight. So, perhaps it was best to leave things to fate? To let his mind wander off, and let his feet carry him away. Maybe, just maybe, that would lead him to something that his eyes could not see? For he knew not, and let instinct take over.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-28-2022, 07:56 PM   #3
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

"Great. More cold places..." Cy sighed, scanning the horizon as the sun rose on the newly-formed Alabaster Arctic. He put his hands behind his head and leaned back, wondering again what he was even doing here.
You had every opportunity to say no, my friend. Wurmple noted from his usual spot. Cy rolled his eyes. "Oh, you know those weren't real opportunities. Once my brother has his heart set on something, he won't take no for an answer. He only gave me those 'opportunities' as a formality."
Cynical as ever, I see.Wurmple replied, faintly amused.
"Oh, wh- You know it's true, you can read his thoughts! Don't give me that nonsense!" Cy huffed. Wurmple nodded politely, but kept the remainder of his thoughts on the subject to himself. Cy took a breath out, shook snow off his boots, and began to hike deeper into the warped zone. "Whatever. We're here now, can't be helped..." He grumbled as he walked, sweeping his eyes from left to right on the lookout for... Well, an egg, he supposed. Wurmple did the same mentally, reaching out tentative psychic feelers to poke around the area for signs of life. Soon, the border of the distortion was long behind them...

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 02-28-2022, 08:13 PM   #4
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
With the echoes of Dialga's Gate still being felt throughout Fizzytopia, travelers have noticed strange distortions happening around the Springtime Island. The Springtime Pyukumuku has been reported to be bouncing around New Fizz City, asking any and all trainers to help it return the island to its original state. The standard local has been warped to match the areas of Ancient Sinnoh, known then as "Hisui." Perhaps, in helping out, you'll find a new friend waiting to explore the present?

Areas:

Crimson Delta: The Rocky Coast and Nature Trails have warped together to create a swampy marsh that leads out to the sea. Countless rivers cut through the swamps and marshes, creating difficult terrain. Though the soil here is extremely fertile, so rare water plants and sprawling grain fields line the small islands. please reply in lightslategray

Trainers may choose to explore one of the above areas for an egg. You can explore up to three times, and either opt to stay in the same area or move to a different one Each egg encounter will be surmised by one update. You may either post that you are keeping or passing on the egg in your reply. Once you are on your third exploration, you are locked into the egg that you find.

Ah, Springtide Isle. A seemingly ordinary landmass in the Sea of Fizzytopia that has seen its fair share of strange and wonderful activity in years past. First there were the Eggs that hatched into various Alolan Pokémon, where one Keith Masters obtained his Shiny Mareanie. Then there were the invading Galarian Meowth who planted Eggs that hatched into Galarian Pokémon, such as the Pincurchin that Keith Masters was proud to consider one of his friends. Then, of course, there was the slightly less wonderful aftermath of this, the raid battle in which Captain Stomach joined forces with many Trainers and Pokémon to fend off a Gigantamax Snorlax that wanted to eat all the unclaimed Eggs, the first raid battle to be recorded as happening in the Fizzytopia region, and the raid battle that gave Diana Macks and Marv Liss their big break, providing a serious boost to their careers in news reporting. And now, the island was said to be undergoing yet another strange occurrence, this one dealing in decidedly strange distortions that were warping the very landscape, and, according to the rumors passed among sailors, leaving most unusual Pokémon Eggs to be found.

"Here we are, Lapras," Willa Masters stated as they drew closer, though they could see even from there that things were decidedly different. Strange distortions had warped Springtide Island, and the place looked quite different. "It might look different from last time, but this is Springtide Isle," the Kalosian Ace Trainer continued. "And it looks as though the rumors Tom heard were true- there's definitely strange goings-on on this island. And Lapras, as we know good and well by now, strange goings-on on Springtide Isle tend to mean prime opportunities for new Pokémon." Lapras gave a squeal in response, continuing to swim towards the island.

"Mrrrow?" inquired a Psychic-type feline seated behind Willa on Lapras's shell. The Meowstic looked up at her Trainer, expression slightly inquisitive. And while she had not yet mastered the art of telepathy, Willa got the message nonetheless.

"This one isn't for Keith," she replied. "Oh, I'm certain there are Pokémon that existed in ancient Hisui that he would love to have, and I would absolutely love to help him get ahold of them... but this time, I'm hoping to leave this island with a new Pokémon partner to call my own," she said determinedly. "Lapras, that way," Willa added, pointing towards an area where the sea met a swampy marsh. "We'll start our search there. Meowstic, you're to help me look, OK?"

"Mrrrow..." Meowstic murmured uncertainly. Her last experience with an Egg ended with her inadvertently crunching the unborn Beldum within into a fine powder, after all. She nodded nevertheless, though- I mean, obviously, now she knew better than to press her ear up against the Egg. Willa eyed Meowstic for a moment- she had since learned the truth about what had happened to that Egg- and gave an encouraging smile. A smile Meowstic reciprocated, however faintly, as they continued onwards to the Crimson Delta.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:00 PM   #5
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
"...I swear this wasn't in the guidebook," Elijah stuttered. "I mean, I was expecting a nice little trail to explore, but this is a lot."

He was right. While he had been promised a nice little island tradition to ring in the coming season, this had been taking things to an extreme. What the map promised as the "nature trails" had turned out to be a gigantic swamp that seemed to sprawl for miles. To add another layer on top of the confusion, something was off about it—like Elijah had somehow stumbled into a place that he wasn't supposed to be at all. Not that Ion seemed to mind, surprisingly.

"Meh," the Rotom responded, trying to ignore the Porygon seated inside Elijah's phone with them. "Looks like a good enough spot to hide a bunch of eggs to me. You sure that you weren't just skimming the thing?"

"...Come to think of it, you're right," Elijah mused. "Maybe they were just downplaying things for the kids or something. I mean, 'Springtime Pyukumuku?' They're probably just covering for the park rangers hiding those overnight." He leaned to the left slightly, looking up towards the horizon with his right hand extended perpendicular to his brow to shield his eyes from the sun. "But since we're here, and we've already spent some money in the process, why don't we go for one of 'em?"

"Sounds dope. Let's roll."

With a grin, Elijah set out to find an egg, releasing Thorn along the way to help him with his endeavor. He wasn't exactly sure if he'd stumble across anything cool, especially with all the confusion surrounding not being in the place that he thought that he was going to be, but a local tradition was still a tradition, and he wasn't going to turn down an opportunity to get more familiar with the region that he was just beginning to call home.

Last edited by blu3shift; 03-10-2022 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Really should have added the quote when I posted this but I guess it's never too late
Old 02-28-2022, 09:23 PM   #6
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:

Trainers may choose to explore one of the above areas for an egg. You can explore up to three times, and either opt to stay in the same area or move to a different one Each egg encounter will be surmised by one update. You may either post that you are keeping or pass on the egg in your reply. Once you are on your third exploration, you are locked into the egg that you find.

Bobert finds himself and Lumina sailing down a winding river and entering a swamp on the "Toad Boat" a small patchwork vessel comprised of tightly-woven string shots and scales mixed with other debris.

Lumina guides the boat using heatwave and tailwind to create some momentum in the sail when the air becomes too stagnant or a sharp turn is needed.

All in all the pair were kind of confused as to the request the pokemon made but decided that looking around couldn't hurt too much. Who knows maybe they would learn something cool along the way.

Bobert takes a look at his new friend and gives her a pet a sentiment that was hard to see being enjoyed as Lumina's face remains dormant but he could tell was enjoyed very much based on the slight change in the pumpkin and the slight nuzzle into his hand.

"Hopefully there are no mimes here," he says before the vessel hits a bank in the sand.
Old 03-01-2022, 09:35 AM   #7
Saiza
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Alabaster Arctic: The Ice Caverns and Seaside Waterfall have warped together to create a sprawling arctic with many caves and rivers. Tunnels of pure ice connect the snowfields together, and giant waterfalls glisten as the droplets turn to ice. Coniferous trees have sprouted all around, giving the impression of a winter wonderland. Please reply in paleturquoise.
OoC: oooh, this is cool! ^^

~~~~~

"Well Ezra, off you go."

The blonde youth stared firmly at the ground, unable to meet Lord Halstead's gaze.

"B-but... Father..."

"You have your instructions. All you need to do is follow them. We've spoken at length about this, and your hesitation begins to annoy me."

Clutching the piece of paper in his hand, suppressing his inner rage, Ezra simply sighed and bowed.

"... As you wish Father. Please await my return."

Once the young man left the Great Hall, the elder standing next to Lord Halstead cleared his throat and spoke up in a shaky voice.

"M'lord, are you sure this is the wisest course of action? We know nothing of that newly-formed land. The boy has never tossed a PokéBall in his life, nor did you allow him to take Pokémon with h-"

"Enough, Wayland. Pokémon are meant for Trainers, and Ezra is not yet one. He will prove himself, and capture the creature I ordered him to. If he succeeds, I will deem him ready to begin his true journey."

"Yes, h-however... why that Pokémon in particular? It was said to be unusually dangerous," pressed the old retainer. "What if something were to happen to the boy?!"

"... Then he was unworthy to begin with, and no great loss. His five younger siblings are in line to replace him as it is. That Pokémon is a necessary addition to the Halstead family - if Ezra isn't fit to do it, someone else will."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last conversation with his father weighed heavy on his mind still, but Ezra knew he could not afford to dwell on it much longer. Other, more pressing concerns rose to the forefront of his mind...

"It's freezing here... And with all this snow, I can barely see anything at all! If... If a feral creature were to pounce, I could..."

He forced himself to breathe in deep and steel his nerves. He was a Halstead, the eldest son of the most prestigious lineage in his homeland. A bloodline of Champions and Elites. All he needed to do was catch that one Pokémon, and he would finally be allowed to live a Trainer's life.

With renewed, if frail confidence, Ezra took another look at the drawing on the paper. It was hardly a detailed depiction, but maybe, just maybe, he would be lucky enough to make his father proud. He was unsure why Lord Halstead desired that particular creature so much - but considering every single one of Ezra's other future Pokémon had already been decided for him, then it stood to reason that this one was every bit as rare and powerful. The family would not have it any other way.

"Well, standing idly will do me no good. I better start looking..."
Old 03-01-2022, 10:40 AM   #8
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Howling winds rip down the icy slope, threatening to overturn the progress Hatchley has made thus far. Wintery it may be, but a wonderland? Where’s the wonder in snow so deep it soaks into your underpants, and glacial chasms that are just a bit of poor footing away from greeting your face?

“This is worse than the blizzards back in Galar...” the fledgling Dragon Tamer moans, breath seeping through his Rayquaza-patterned scarf. He can feel the searing cold even through his mitts, and his crimson-tinted snow goggles may actually be fused to this face at this point.

---

Of course, he had nobody to blame for this frigid trek but himself. When he first heard the news that Springtime Island was in trouble, he hopped on a boat and set sail immediately, only to find that a locale ripped right out of a history book awaited him; “Hisui”, the Sinnoh of ancient days, as he’s heard so many people call it.

That name rang familiar in his head, but he couldn’t place why. Hatchley pondered it over and over again as he stared at the archaic, untamed land that had terraformed this storied isle: What was the source of this hazy recollection he felt?

---

Heavy cleats compact the snow underfoot, burrowing deep until they found a foothold of solid ice. Another step taken, another hundred to go before he’s managed to inch his way up to level with the cliffside lake. A half-frozen waterfall fills the air with roiling, glittering fog, and it’s a challenge to resist pulling out his phone for a snapshot while tackling the precarious climb. Lest he tumble down to the bottom yet again...

The teen is nothing but persistent, however. No matter how many times he has to climb this stupid hill, he tackles it with fire in his chest that could never be extinguished by the bitter cold alone. Does he even have a way back down, once all is said and done? Absolutely not, but that’s a problem for future Hatchley.

Upon finally cresting the slope, Hatchley lets out a bellowing victory cry which echoes through the whitecapped mountains! His tattered cloak trails behind him like a mountaineer’s flag, but he quickly reigns it in—While his Swablu-down jacket is plenty warm, there’s something about his most precious keepsake that wards off the cold much better.

Before he presses onward, the teen reaches into his pocket and pulls out Prince’s ball, making sure the mechanism will still work when he needs it. It’s a shame the poor thing is still susceptible to the cold, even though he’s more than able to smash right through any Ice-types that come their way. Even so, it’s important that they search this frigid zone straight away, after the epiphany Hatchley had.

“We’re gonna find you an Amaura, little buddy,” he says to his dormant companion, smiling beneath his scarf. Yes, the thought process makes perfect sense: If Hisui is Sinnoh from ancient times, then there should be ancient Pokemon to find here, too! This could be his one-and-only chance to find a partner for his unruly dinosaur in the wild!

Stowing the ball away for later, Hatchley turns his gaze toward the shimmering plateau ahead, and trudges ever onward.
Old 03-02-2022, 05:25 PM   #9
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
The first portals were... disorienting, to say the least. Eventually though, Kerry made it through the odd distortions and arrived in... A strange place. Lands merged together and conjured into a facsimile of another land entirely... It was like looking at one of Liawe's weirder paintings. A dreadful sight to be sure. Sinking up to her ankle in mud didn't help either, given she hadn't quite acquired wellies yet. Muttering furiously, she pulled herself free of the mire and moved to higher ground. Her Scyther landed next to her, the mysterious terrain proving little obstacle for the Flying type. "Trust you to have the easier time in this place." she muttered, before looking around. The pamphlet mentioned strange eggs lying around, but the quagmire was going to make searching difficult. Might as well roll up her sleeves and get on with it. Shrugging, and resolving to get some wellies when she got back to civilisation, Kerry moved forwards through the reddening mires and into the unknown, Scyther floating comfortably at her side.

Soaring overhead, Liawe could tell Kerry wasn't having a fun time. The portals were no better from above, but she was fairly safe from the mud while in the air and the view across the shattered realms was certainly... Something. She'd have to make a sketch of that when she got back. Midair sketches were not her forte, especially with winds as unstable as they were. It was difficult enough without Vulthuryol buffeting all over the place. Not to mention the changeable weather formations drifting through from other portals and distortions throwing everything around. She'd already flown through torrid rain and blazing sun, and now a hailstorm was drifting in. Sighing wistfully, she gestured at Vulthuryol to take her down to join Kerry on the ground. Maybe things would be safer on the ground. Assuming there was somewhere solid to land...
Old 03-02-2022, 07:42 PM   #10
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lilligant God help the outcast with her witchcraft, someday I'm gonna go home

Quote:
Obsidian Grove: The Berry Tree Canopy and Flowerfields have warped together to create a lush flower-filled grassland with large rocks jutting out. Berry trees are still aplenty here, but the terrain has become rockier as well. Beware of the small ponds and jagged stones as you traverse the trees and flowers! please reply in deeppink
Today marked Jess's third visit to the Springtime Island, though it certainly appeared different than she remembered. There was something rustic, reminiscent about the place - reportedly altered to reflect the region of Ancient Sinnoh, or "Hisui" - due to the distorted space-time ripples still resonating from Dialga's Gate. This time though she was only here to accompany one of her teammates, as a Lilligant stepped lightly down from Lapras's shell, aided by her partner Leavanny onto shore. The two held their leaves together as the former gazed forlornly across the land, which felt achingly familiar somehow.

Lately, Lilac had been having strange dreams: of a song she recalled her missing mother singing to her when she was still within the womb of an Egg, before being dropped off mysteriously at the Hatchery with nothing but a note and her name. However now, the vision always ended in horrific heat and flames engulfing her faceless "family", as she felt herself being cradled by a kind but frantic clutch as they fled urgently from the inferno. She could hear something, a desperate plea, praying to "Lord Arceus". O God of Time, grant this child sanctuary and save her from disaster...

When she woke, Lila consulted her new magic mentor and dance instructor Impa, and showed her the Miracle Seed she slept with - the only memento she had of her mother, tucked inside the same envelope as the letter left on the Hatchery's doorstep. The stone seemed to have split straight to the pit, revealing cracks of black beneath the golden husk, with veins of red and blue running along the sides. The oracle Oricorio traced along the seams, sensing on the surface they contained blessings for Strength and Agility; once used by Training Masters to hone their skills, but now wilted with age to only benefit those closest in nature to its core. But beyond that, the rivers represented two parallel timelines - like a pair of similar but slightly different strings separated across space. Stretching out through the cosmos, singular and unbending in their paths. Destined to never touch except at specific points: the beginning and end.

While her student had some trouble understanding such deeply philosophical words (despite the bird gesturing widely with her wings to demonstrate), Impa simply smiled and suggested if she wished to know more she should travel to the roaming Isle of Spring, which wandered the waters just as the bloom believed her "people" once did. Perhaps there, she would find the answers she sought.

So here she stood, before the sprawling grasslands of Obsidian Grove, nervous and not sure what to expect. The spore was warm in her hand though, and in the other Iris gripped tightly for moral support. Giving her fiancé a comforting clasp and kiss, Iri smiled as Lila took a deep breath and began to lead the way, guided through the garden by the kernel's glow like a compass. After thanking for the ride, their trainer recalled Tessie into her Ball and trailed after the two in search of clues to Lilligant's lineage at least, if not the hopeful possibility of reuniting the plant with her "real" parents. For if anyone had an inkling as to what became of the flower's folks, it must be the harbinger of hatchlings...

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 03-03-2022 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:54 PM   #11
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Cobalt Harbor: The Beachfront and Harborside Market have warped together to create a more secluded area, with newly abandoned shipwrecks around the market and beach. Large mountainous area circles around the beach, and small islands and giant rocks can be seen from the harbor jutting from the waves. Various fishing boats can be seen docked here, with the market looking like something out of the past. Please reply in mediumaquamarine
Catharine had a lot on her mind as her ferry ride made for Springtide Isle. It hadn't escaped her notice that not long after Diancie had used Celebi's power to evade capture, the entirety of Springtide Isle had suffered what could only be described as some manner of time distortion, the locales of Ancient Sinnoh, so ancient as to have been called Hisui, had taken over the isle. Catharine couldn't help but worry that the two events might be connected, and had immediately volunteered to assist in the restoration efforts. While one might have expected a seasoned climber such as herself to have headed for the icy or more mountainous reaches, in her readings, Catharine had done some research, and concluded that, with Eggs of Hisuian Pokemon dotting the distorted landscape of Springtide Isle, the Pokemon she was most interested in would most likely be found along the coastal regions now known as the Cobalt Harbor.

As the ferry made land at the Cobalt Harbor, Catharine immediately realized that she might have bit off too much in volunteering for the restoration efforts. A number of ancient-looking shipwrecks were practically embedded in the nearby sands. Still, if she was going to collect one of these Eggs, she should at least make an attempt. So, she brought out a Poke Ball, and released Clarisse onto the sand.

"Hi Catharine! Is this the island?" Clarisse asked brightly, before the state of her surroundings sank in. "Oh, it is a mess here, like they said...what should we do?" the Teddiursa asked.

"Well, I was thinking that we should try to clean up the beaches a little bit. The Pokémon that caught my eye was said to take offerings at the beach, so maybe we'll find an Egg related to it if we help clear up these shipwrecks. A number of them seem seaworthy apart from the fact that they're beached at the moment, so let's try getting them to the water near the docks? Someone else should know what to do from there." Catharine said.

"But they look so big! Can we even move them?" Clarisse asked.

"I saw you raid my Rare Candy stash this morning, you should have plenty of energy!" Catharine replied glibly.

"Okayyyy..." Clarisse conceded, and joined Catharine behind a nearby vessel. An old wooden sailboat from the looks of it, practically intact save for, well, the obviously missing sail. Surprisingly, the boat appeared to be just like new.

"Alright, now, PUUUUUUSH!" Catharine instructed, and pushed with all her might. Clarisse joined in pushing with all of her strength, but with only the two of them, as minutes passed, the craft barely budged a single inch.

"Okay, maybe we need a little help." Catharine said to herself, taking a step back. "Clarisse, take a break! We need a little help with this." she said louder. When she didn't immediately get an answer, Catharine looked to see Clarisse still attempting to push the wreck with all her might and a singleminded focus. "Clarisse!" Catharine called again, but it was as if the Teddiursa didn't hear her. Before Catharine could call a third time, however, just as Clarisse turned towards Catharine, what looked like little storm clouds began to enshroud Clarisse, and bolts of energy began to strike her, though she seemed completely unfazed. Her obscured form began to waver, and then began to grow, rising far above even Catharine's head, and so too did the swirl of storm clouds surrounding her. Suddenly, a pair of glowing yellow eyes stared out at her from inside the raging maelstrom, before all at once the storm was dispelled, revealing Clarisse as a newly evolved, and utterly massive Ursaring! Catharine just stared in awe, Clarisse literally towered over her now!

"Woah..." Clarisse said, her voice noticeably a number of notes deeper than it had been before. "...I feel GREAT!" she added, before turning back to the shipwreck that she had once been so small against. Where it had once dwarfed the little Teddiursa, she now stood well above it! Catharine snapped out of her stupor, and the two pushed, the beached craft now easily forced across the sand to the waterline, where it could be collected. As the pair looked for their next objective, Catharine kept an eye out for any Eggs that might show themselves on the beach.

Code:

...Clarisse is undergoing change...

...Clarisse's appearance changed...

...!! Clarisse was filled with wild might!

Clarisse evolved into Ursaring!

Clarisse learned Hammer Arm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 03-05-2022, 06:16 PM   #12
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

Quote:

After Bill wandered around the past area for the last several days since Dialga's gate closed without his knowledge, he started to wander around the past of Fizzyland for a while. However, most of his excursions to the various ruins were often stopped by local superstitious types, and it usually meant a chase scene but eventually he heard of a place called Hisui that was filled with ruins and the like, so he ended up taking a boat to go there himself. A lot of the people on his boat were not trainers and many of them were deftly afraid of Pokemon, so Bill kept his own secret, since unlike most places he wouldn't have anywhere to run. The journey was long and mostly boring, he usually passed the time with some sort of weird dice game that the passengers of the ship had brought on board.

Eventually a storm struck while the boat was nearing the last legs of its journey. It got hit blew it off course and eventually capsized sending it and its passengers into the murky water below. Thankfully, Bill had his plethora of water Pokemon to help him get people to safety onto some driftwood. Scared or not, a lot of the passengers accepted Bill's help since this was a life or death situation. Eventually the group washed up on a coastline nearby. Bill had to shake his head for a bit...was that the market? What was that doing here? He headed that way to see what the heck was going on.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
Old 03-05-2022, 07:54 PM   #13
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:

Mélina stood in front of looked like a dark dome covering what used to be the temple and the volcano path of Springtide Islands. That dome, among many others now scattered around the island, supposedly warped the landscape in ways similar to the ancient region of Hisui, and the Springtime Pyukumuku called all over New Fizz City for help to investigate them. While the Boutique owner still had a difficult time going out of adventures, she could not resist at another chance at somewhat visiting a place in the past. It wouldn't be her first Dialga-fueled rodeo either (albeit only her second one, and her first was disappointingly short-lived). Besides, she also had Quest's promise to keep.

"Oh no. Don't tell me," her Poryphone's text to speech activated, controlled by Glitch, "we're about to go space-time distortion warp or portal thing. Again."

"Yuuuuuup."

"Bringing us to some random place in the past and we'll be changing history by accident?"

"Most likely."

A judgemental silence followed Mélina's answer. "...Bring it on."

The trainer jumped through the dome, to land... into a strange, yet wonderful fusion of the two Springtime Island's two areas. The sight of that gigantic mountain was something that was worrying for a moment, but the sight of the ruins made the trainer her eyes sparkle in excitement and forget about the prospect of climbing by foot.

The only thing that brought her mind back to earth was remembering Springtime Pyukumuku's mission. She had no idea exactly where to start, and what she has to look for though... so she called forth her one Pokémon specialized at finding things: her Swoobat, Indy. While unsure what they're looking for, Mélanie asked her Courting Pokémon to use both his Supersonic ears and sensitive nose to (Odor) Sleuth for anything that could lead them to a clue on what's going on, or where to go...

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 03-05-2022 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2022, 11:24 AM   #14
Lil'twick
Insanity

Finally getting event updates on the way! Everyone has been divided into groups, and in a system that will allow us to easily add in people as they post. So, here we go for my group!

----

Missingno. Master:

The ride on your Lapras had you reminisce about your family's past ventures to this island. Where your husband had met his shiny Mareanie, and the Pinchurchin that would become a part of your family. Though, you were here on your own this time. And with your trusted cat at hand, you soon started to explore around the delta.

Peering down the river and over the bend, you notice an egg sticking out from some mushrooms. Orange and segmented, you do notice two dark red spots on the backside of the egg. Each of these spots had smaller white spots polka-dotted throughout them. There, of course, was also this sense of dread surrounding it. As if the fear of many trainers from Hisui past would have when seeing this...

Do you take this egg?

Saiza:

With nothing more than a scrap as a guide, you begin to set forth on the task at hand. Here, in this waste of snow and ice, would be where your mark would be. This would be your test, to capture the descriptor and bring it back. Well, if you were lucky enough to.

Sliding down a hole, you soon enter an icy cavern. Venturing deeper into the heart of the cavern, you get overwhelmed by a sense of bitter malice. A gray egg sits in the middle of the cavern, off on its lonesome. Surrounding the middle was a red ring, and then towards the top the very same red... yet almost wispy in its look this time.

Do you take this egg?

Yuki:

Hoping to find clues to your Lilligant's lineage, you have once again come to the Springtide Islands. Its reflections of the ancient past seem to bring the region to life, and perhaps more than just looks? The grove, at the very least, seemed to be a good enough starting point to try and trace something down.

As you and your Pokemon explored, you start to climb a more rocky region. There seemed to be a latent psychic pull here, nestled within the surrounding pine trees. You then spot a beige egg, sitting in the center of a triangle of pines. While nothing interesting at first, towards the top it changes. There was a symmetrical yellowish pattern that branched out like antlered tuning forks, with a black sphere nestled just above the base for each.

Do you take this egg?

Okiku:

Entering the supposed distortion on the isle, you and your Pokemon get ready to investigate the mountain. Sending out your Woobat, you have it try and track down anything of note, and you notice that it immediately picks up on something...

Following your Pokemon, you soon find yourself in a clutch of ruins with a bunch of littered supplies. The air here tasted metallic... and you could feel the electricity in the air. An egg was nestled within, shining in a chrome. Two horseshoe arches were on its side, the ends of one red and blue, the other blue and red. On the top of the egg was a light gray circle with a plus sign in it. There was certainly a strange pull to this egg...

Do you take this egg?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-06-2022, 11:30 AM   #15
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:

As one might expect from a Chuuni like Marietta the idea of being able to visit the ancient past for inspiration and general fangirling would prove all too enticing for the trainer to pass up on, the woman entering the distortion at Mach speeds aboard her Dragapult Stella.

Emerging into the distant past Marietta is treated to the sight of a massive mountain covered in verdant growths, ruins, and obsidian flows all blending together into a proverbial treasure trove for one often inspired by the era.

Not wanting to sully the journey by skipping out on the climb Marietta has Stella glide gently down to the base of the mountain before recalling them into their Shadow Ball and instead calling out a combination of her Machop & Honedge to accompany her.

With the pair gleefully playing their part as a Knight & Sword the trio begin making their ascent up the volcano path.

Old 03-06-2022, 12:07 PM   #16
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Finally getting event updates on the way! Everyone has been divided into groups, and in a system that will allow us to easily add in people as they post. So, here we go for my group!

----

Missingno. Master:

The ride on your Lapras had you reminisce about your family's past ventures to this island. Where your husband had met his shiny Mareanie, and the Pinchurchin that would become a part of your family. Though, you were here on your own this time. And with your trusted cat at hand, you soon started to explore around the delta.

Peering down the river and over the bend, you notice an egg sticking out from some mushrooms. Orange and segmented, you do notice two dark red spots on the backside of the egg. Each of these spots had smaller white spots polka-dotted throughout them. There, of course, was also this sense of dread surrounding it. As if the fear of many trainers from Hisui past would have when seeing this...

Do you take this egg?
With their destination reached, Willa and Meowstic set foot on relatively dry land at last, happy to be able to stretch their legs after such a lengthy ride. "Thanks very much, Lapras," Willa said appreciatively to the Transport Pokémon, who smiled and squealed happily in response. "Now take a good rest," Willa added, withdrawing Lapras back into her Ultra Ball. Lapras made no effort to argue this point- she really could use the rest, especially since she knew Willa was counting on her to be her ride home later. A journey she would unquestionably be up for, but the more rest she could get in the meantime, the better.

With that all said and done, Willa turned to Meowstic, and the two shared a determined nod. Nothing needed said here, they knew exactly what to do next, and so onward they went. A swampy area, Willa noted- no doubt, at least some of the Pokémon one might expect to find here would be of interest to her husband. Poison-types, after all, tended to like such marshy areas. Briefly she thought back yet again to her last visit to this island, how different her goal there was to what it was today- rather than trying to find something for Keith, she was after a Pokémon for herself. Fleetingly, her mind entertained the notion of Willa acquiring a Pokémon Keith would really want, and him becoming insanely jealous, bitter and resentful, as a result, but Willa shook her head as though to boot that thought right out of her mind- that was, put simply, not the kind of person Keith Masters was. And so, onward they went.

The first thing of interest they found wasn't far from the river that cut through this place- amid a patch of mushrooms, Willa and Meowstic spotted their first Egg. Orange and segmented, and as Willa went to inspect closer, she saw a pair of dark red spots on what she presumed to be the back of the Egg without really knowing why she was presuming this in the first place. Each of those spots was flecked with smaller white dots. This all seemed rather familiar to Willa, but as to why that was, she couldn't exactly say, nor could she place why exactly it was making her think back to Keith yet again...

...and then it hit her all at once with all the quiet subtlety of a Bouffalant stampede- Paras. This was a Paras Egg. That's why looking at it reminded her of Keith, because when she met the man, his Paras sacrificed her life to save him, ending up gored by a Fearow's Drill Peck. How she came back from that, to this day, nobody seemed able to adequately explain. The prevailing theory was that it was a miracle, plain and simple. Divine intervention from some higher power.

"Mrrrowr...." Meowstic growled, eyeing the Egg uncertainly. She could pick up a sense of dread from it. Almost as though whatever was inside had, in ancient times, caused no small amount of problems for the people of ancient Hisui. A Pokémon around whom you dared not so much as breathe lest it be on you like Shellder on a Slowpoke Tail.

Willa shook her head, cutting the reminiscing short. She had already theorized that this area would be home to Pokémon that Keith Masters would be interested in, and, well, case in point, she supposed, considering the man's Parasect. That said, Parasect wasn't exactly something she herself had much of any interest in trying to raise. A respectable Pokémon species, to be sure, but she was her own person, she had her own interests and preferences, and she was certain that a little more searching would surely help her uncover something more to her liking. "Come on, Meowstic," she said gently. "Let's keep looking. This is a big area, it's certain to have more for us to find."

"Mrowr," nodded Meowstic, quite happy to move away from the Egg in question.

*As a result of reaching 20 Bond, Meowstic learned Guardian Terrain!*

*As a result of reaching 20 Bond, Meowstic learned Shadow Blast!*
Old 03-06-2022, 12:33 PM   #17
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:

Connie had never entered Dialga's Gate before its untimely demise, so she had no real attachment nor memory to the particulars of the unfettered distortion - well, insomuch as it was possible to have true attachment to a space so twisted by competing forces that it forever shifted erratically. Still, there was a distant sense of sadness as she witnessed the landscape before her, amidst he understanding that soon this too would be confined to the cruel recesses of time, existing only within her memory. Victory hovers at her side, the Clefable uncharacteristically quiet, sombre in reflection as the pair listen to the rustling wind. The mystique of the surrounding ruins is only heightened by the gentle flowing breeze, silence banished by the flowing gusts cascading down the mountainside. Taking a deep breath, ensuring to burn all that she would experience into the forefront of her mind, Connie begins to climb, gravel crunching underfoot as she begins up the mountain trail.
Old 03-06-2022, 04:43 PM   #18
Saiza
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Saiza:

With nothing more than a scrap as a guide, you begin to set forth on the task at hand. Here, in this waste of snow and ice, would be where your mark would be. This would be your test, to capture the descriptor and bring it back. Well, if you were lucky enough to.

Sliding down a hole, you soon enter an icy cavern. Venturing deeper into the heart of the cavern, you get overwhelmed by a sense of bitter malice. A gray egg sits in the middle of the cavern, off on its lonesome. Surrounding the middle was a red ring, and then towards the top the very same red... yet almost wispy in its look this time.

Do you take this egg?
"Master? May I?..."

The blonde Trainer, all set to leave the Mansion, stopped in his tracks at the sound of his retainer's voice.

"Wayland? Is there a problem?"

"Apologies for assuming, but... Lord Halstead, has he given you any details at all about the creature he wishes captured?"

Ezra sighed, glancing at the crumpled piece of paper in his hand.

"You know the answer, surely."

"I feared as much. Master Ezra... prithee, be careful. It is no ordinary Pokemon. Ancient tales spoke of a being born of malice and spite. They no longer roam the world, but this anomaly caught Lord Halstead's interest precisely because he believes this creature may reappear as a result. However..."

Ezra approached old Wayland and place a hand on his shoulder.

"Your concern is noted, and precious to me. But this is something I have to do, not only as the heir to Godwyn Halstead... but also to prove something to myself, Wayland. I will earn your trust, and my father's."

Feigning bravery and resolve he most assuredly did not possess, Ezra forced himself to smile before waving goodbye to the old retainer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Egg stood before him, right at the center of the icy cavern. It radiated something... almost otherwordly. Even gazing upon the grey and red shell filled Ezra with a sense of overpowering dread, but at the same time, a weird rush of excitement. And that was because...

"The color... the markings... it actually adds up!", he whispered, holding the drawing up high and comparing it to the Egg.

"I expected to find an actual Pokemon, but this might work just as well. I... I'll take my chances! And if by some chance, this turns out not to be what my father was looking for... Well, it's not like I have much of a reputation to uphold in his eyes as it is."

With that, trying his hardest to ignore the chills running down his spine... Ezra took the Egg.
Old 03-06-2022, 05:40 PM   #19
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Okiku:

Entering the supposed distortion on the isle, you and your Pokemon get ready to investigate the mountain. Sending out your Woobat, you have it try and track down anything of note, and you notice that it immediately picks up on something...

Following your Pokemon, you soon find yourself in a clutch of ruins with a bunch of littered supplies. The air here tasted metallic... and you could feel the electricity in the air. An egg was nestled within, shining in a chrome. Two horseshoe arches were on its side, the ends of one red and blue, the other blue and red. On the top of the egg was a light gray circle with a plus sign in it. There was certainly a strange pull to this egg...

Do you take this egg?
After being led by Indy and his nose, Mélina ended up at some ruins and scattered supplies, to her delight. However, the metallic taste in the air worried her a bit, reminding her of the taste of blood. Did she bite herself? No, that wasn't it. Stranger still, she could feel her arms' hair stand on end, not by goosebumps, but what felt like static electricity.

It didn't take long though for both the Swoobat and his trainer to find among the supplies a chrome egg, adorned with those curved magnets and a big plus sign.

"Well I'm positive this is the source of all those weird feelings," she snickered, as Glitch wished that the Poryphone's eyes could roll. "Noteworthy, but I don't think it has nothing to do with the distortion. Well, what's causing it anyways. Let's look around some more shall we Indy?"

The bat nodded then resumed at using its heightened senses to search for anything in the distortion that would be interesting...
Old 03-06-2022, 06:41 PM   #20
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:

There was still a slight chill in the air, but she paid it little heed as she trudged through the wrecks, making ground heavily yet at the same time keeping a sharp vigil out for any wild pokemon disturbed by the sudden change in environment. A mite overdressed for the location with the fur-lined tunic, she nevertheless seemed to have a tight grip on things, showing little fear on being out on her own in alien territory.

Indeed, the woman found this to be a relatively calm area compared to what she was used to. And yet, her job here was simple: find something of worth, be it materials or monpower of some sort. Looking over the shipwrecks, she mused a little before carefully sauntering over to search one of them, taking care and keeping an eye open for any possible hostility.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:39 PM   #21
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
Melissa shaded her eyes as she and her starter stood on the edges of the Crimson Delta. "It's interesting," she said idly, scanning the marsh and noting the little rivers running through it.

Wildfire made a questioning noise from where he was draped over her shoulder, head tucked into her neck.

"Every time the Springtime Pyukumuku call us here, a new wave of Pokémon have usually just arrived to Fizzytopia," she explained, slowly making her way into the marsh. She hadn't thought to bring boots of any kind, so hopefully, there weren't any eggs in the mud. "And, y'know, we'd usually been hearing about them for a while as all the research goes public."

Wildfire made an acknowledging noise.

"So, where's all the news for this one?" she wondered, taking her time and watching where she placed her feet. "I don't remember seeing any new research articles."

Wildfire shrugged. "Maybe it has something to do with Dialga's Gate?"

She considered that. "Huh. Maybe. It'd explain why we hadn't heard anything to foreshadow this."

Satisfied that she'd found some kind of answer, Melissa stopped talking and started humming quietly to herself as she scanned their surroundings.

"One try here and then we leave for the Ice one, right?" Wildfire checked.

"Mhm," Melissa agreed. "One try here and then we go to the Ice area."

Wildfire thought about that for a moment and then pulled his head back to look over his trainer's outfit. "...you should've brought a jacket."

Melissa raised a finger and grinned. "For once, I should be fine. I actually packed one this time." At Wildfire's skeptical look, she dropped her hand and nodded. "Seriously. An actual, proper snow jacket. It might still suck because I'm gonna put it on as we head up, but I shouldn't be freezing my ass off when we get there."

Wildfire tilted his head and then shrugged. "If you say so."
Old 03-07-2022, 12:09 AM   #22
Lil'twick
Insanity

Missingno. Master:

Thinking it best to not pick up what might be the buggy spawn of the devil himself, your and your cat move on. Traversing through the Delta, you soon stop a field filled with various flowers. There, you notice a green egg with a large yellow sphere in the middle. Beneath it,was a dark green "bib" so to speak, and the top of the egg's pattern seemed to twist as if it was a bud, the tops of it light green with two black lines. It looked as if this egg was soon to bloom. Though... you had a feeling this was your final decision, and you may be stuck with your next egg.

Do you take the egg?[/b]

---

Saiza:

You take the egg. You feel wispy fur touch your fingers as the egg soon erupts into brilliant blue light. You hear a small yip, and sullen yellow eyes look up at you. Its ghost-like red hair trails from its head, and its little foxy ears twitch as it is (re)born back into this world. The small gray fox looks at you, hopeful, that you would treat it better than how its ancestors were. You have obtained a lv. 1 Male Hisuian Zorua!

You may post a RP response to pick up your Pokemon.

---

Okiku-

Passing up on the more modern egg, feeling it didn't hold any clues to what was happening, you continued your search. You soon find yourself in rolling hills, that look to be littered with graves to the lost. WOuld make sense... considering the ruins of the area. Nestled beneath one such grave is a black egg with almost a red pearl "necklace" around it. On the back of the egg, you see little red marks spaced out, as if the ends of hair. Certainly an ominous feeling to it. Though... you had a feeling this was your final decision, and you may be stuck with your next egg.

Do you take the egg?

---

Raves-

Searching through the shipwrecks, you scan around for anything of value. You were here under one mission, to find something of worth. If that was material goods, so be it, if it was a Pokemon of exceptional value, then that would also prove worth. Whatever the case, as long as you fulfilled your brief, that was a satisfying conclusion.

SO, making your way through the ships, you notice a pale blue egg with two white ovals just above its center. Then, a stark contrast as a dark blue, almost "cape" patterning covers the top, and most of the back of the egg. This cape comes down with two half-circles just above the ovals, and seems to be an egg of relative import due to its prestine condition within the wreckage.

Do you take the egg?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-07-2022, 12:38 AM   #23
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master:

Thinking it best to not pick up what might be the buggy spawn of the devil himself, your and your cat move on. Traversing through the Delta, you soon stop a field filled with various flowers. There, you notice a green egg with a large yellow sphere in the middle. Beneath it,was a dark green "bib" so to speak, and the top of the egg's pattern seemed to twist as if it was a bud, the tops of it light green with two black lines. It looked as if this egg was soon to bloom. Though... you had a feeling this was your final decision, and you may be stuck with your next egg.

Do you take the egg?[/b]
Meowstic was only too glad to move away from the Egg. She knew Parasect weren't all bad, of course- she was friends with Amanita, and knew Amanitin to possess a good heart beneath the rough exterior. But that Egg, that had given her a bad vibe, and not just because she was weak to Bug attacks. Indeed, later research on Willa's part would uncover the knowledge that ancient Hisuian people considered Paras to be particularly pestilent and pugnacious, belligerently picking fights with whomsoever dared to so much as breathe in their presence. It sounded like Marvolo and Eelektross, but even moreso, and Meowstic for one was in no mood for it, even now when she didn't actually know all this, for said research would come later in the day. Like I said, bad vibe. Still, it seemed the decision to move on was unanimous all the same, so the Constraint Pokémon kept from further grumbling about the Egg, for who exactly did she even need to convince at this point?

And so, onward they went, exploring all the more of the Crimson Delta. Soon, they came to a welcome change from the patches of mushrooms- a beautiful field of flowers! And within said field, they spotted something. Something with a distinctive yet all too familiar shape. The shape of that which they had just left behind, and the shape of that which they sought here. Exchanging looks and nods, Willa and Meowstic ran over to inspect what they'd spotted.

"Here's another Egg," Willa stated, kneeling down to examine it. "Heh," she added with a slight chuckle. "I think I already know what's in this one, too."

"Mrrowr?" Meowstic inquired curiously.

Willa smiled at the Psychic-type. "That's right- Artemis's evolution was before your time," she said softly. "I've known that Roselia since she was a Budew, and just looking at this Egg, I can tell there's a Budew in here."

"Mrrrrowrstic?" Meowstic meowed, now looking up at Willa. Although Meowstic had never had the nerve to give telepathy a chance (the bulk of her psychic power was in a barely containable, let alone controllable, form, so naturally the thought of psychically beaming words into other people's minds was not a notion she was especially eager to try out), the question she asked was by no means lost on her perceptive Trainer. Really, there was only one thing to ask in this moment, and Willa knew it good and well.

And the Kalosian Ace Trainer had to give the matter a bit of thought. Certainly, she would welcome another Poison-type onto her team, and she knew Keith would be only too happy to help her work with another one... but could she see herself with a Roserade? That, Willa couldn't answer. It wasn't something she felt she could rule out, exactly, but there was a curiosity within her, a desire to move on, to take her chances one final time, and see what fate would have in store for her again. She shook her head, climbing back to her feet. "An interesting prospect," she conceded. "But I don't believe this is the Egg for me. Meowstic, let's keep looking- I wish to take my chances with the next one."

'Mrrowrstic," nodded Meowstic, following her Trainer away from the Budew Egg.
Old 03-07-2022, 09:53 AM   #24
PippiTallsocks
Cascade Badge

Quote:

“I don't know Chief, It's all fuckin'...wiggly”

Lucia Grimmsdottlir passed her free hand in and out of the shimmering border between the green grass and warm sun of springtime island and the clammy damp of the bleak harbor ruin that stretched beyond as she held the phone to her ear with her other.

“I just...I mean, Cap, don't we have that new hocus-pocuser on payroll yet? This seems more up that type of alley than mine, if I'm being hones- nosir...of course sir. I get it, right place right time s- absolutely, sir, on it.”

shoving the phone back in to her pocket, Lucia allowed herself an explosive and quite melodramatic sigh, a small scream, and a violent punch and kick at the insubstantial boundary. A tantrum in miniature. Reigning herself back as abruptly as she had exploded, she passed through the strange barrier. Boss wanted someone to sniff around this obviously supernatural event, and the new occultist acquisitions agent was still on route to the lab for induction and orientation, so it fell to Lucia to get the job done. Honestly? Fuck magic, she thought, If I come out of this with green skin or thirteen toes or something else bonkers I will be LIVID. She zipped up her windbreaker, spun the rotary pokeball holders on her hips reflexively, and stalked down toward the Cobalt Harbor.

Last edited by PippiTallsocks; 03-07-2022 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:29 PM   #25
Saiza
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Saiza:

You take the egg. You feel wispy fur touch your fingers as the egg soon erupts into brilliant blue light. You hear a small yip, and sullen yellow eyes look up at you. Its ghost-like red hair trails from its head, and its little foxy ears twitch as it is (re)born back into this world. The small gray fox looks at you, hopeful, that you would treat it better than how its ancestors were. You have obtained a lv. 1 Male Hisuian Zorua!

You may post a RP response to pick up your Pokemon.
As if reacting to Ezra's presence, the Egg began to shake, cracks forming along the shell. No light emanated from the openings though, only an aura of oppressive sadness unlike anything the boy had ever felt...

Finally, the shell shattered completely, and a Pokemon long lost to time emerged. A Zorua, no doubt, but a subspecies that had vanished from this world ages ago. More importantly...

"You are precisely what my father was looking for..." said Ezra in a faint whisper, talking practically to himself.

He reasoned he should feel scared, by what Wayland had told him. And for many other reasons nobody had cared, or tried, to tell him regarding the true origins of Hisuian Zorua. Still, gazing now upon the melancholic-looking white fox, Ezra felt something different...

"Guilt? Why?..."

He had never met the creature, or any other of its kind, but for some reason its mere existence filled him with a sense of almost unbearable guilt. What strange power did the spirit fox possess?...

Ezra's hands were shaking, but he could not falter now. Hesitant, he extended an open palm toward Zorua, struggling to find words to say, so he remained silent. After a moment of staring vacantly at the human, Zorua yawned and lazily approached Ezra. A sign of trust? Hoping to Arceus that it was, the boy clutched the prized Luxury Ball given to him by Wayland, and gently tapped the critter's forehead, half-expecting it to be somehow immaterial. But the device clicked open, and Zorua was pulled inside! And without any signs of struggle, three seconds later... Ezra had caught his very first Pokémon.

"I... I did it?..." In a mixture of ecstatic disbelief and blissful relief, he stared at the Ball for a long time, unable to move, barely able to think. He had never taken the time to mentally prepare himself for success. Probably, neither did the Lord Halstead.

"R-right, I... I should get back. Father will want to see this. And Wayland, I... I have to tell him also! Yes..."

Stunned, Ezra retraced his steps, bracing himself for the long journey back home. And still, despite the resounding success of his first venture, the hairs on the back of his head stood on end...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Claiming my beautiful Lv 1 Male Hisuian Zorua, placing him in one of my three Luxury Balls, nickname still a WIP! Thanks guys! ^^
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records