UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 02-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #26
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Monster Pulse.

Please go read this it is so cool oh my gosh :O It's about a bunch of kids whose organs get turned into monsters, and then the monsters basically protect them. It's really good, and not very long so far! It took me about forty minutes to catch up from the beginning.

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #27
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copygoo View Post
Monster Pulse.

Please go read this it is so cool oh my gosh :O It's about a bunch of kids whose organs get turned into monsters, and then the monsters basically protect them. It's really good, and not very long so far! It took me about forty minutes to catch up from the beginning.
Didn't care for it. Got as far as Linda being called in to talk with the director (somewhere in Chapter 2) before I couldn't go on. Given how the art style looks stolen from inspired by Scott Pilgrim, and given that it's yet another story about a ragtag team of child superheroes, I would probably recommend it to kids and Scott Pilgrim fans. Kudos to the author for at least trying something new with her crazy organs-into-guardian-spirits idea, but the execution is ...
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #28
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Monster Pulse.

Sor far I have only read till the end of chapter 1, and I seriously like this comic, especially Julie and Kera.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #29
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Just found something- just in case anyone didn't already know this.

In xkcd, the hover-over text for each image is a bit of a continuation of the comic.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #30
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #31
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Today's Tales from the Trenches is an especially funny one, both for the punch at the end but also for the fact that (for once!) someone actually got treated not like shit at a quality-testing job:

Quote:
My first testing job was for a game where you drive really fast and crash your car a lot by that publisher people hated for a long time but don’t anymore. They make a lot of sport games.

Anyway, I sat down at my Xbox to do gameplay testing on the title - it was set to be released in a couple of weeks and was supposedly finished after having been tested to death already. In, no joke, TEN MINUTES I found a 100% reproducible crash that affected roughly a third of all the levels. I reported it and almost immediately a crowd of seniors, skeptical at the abilites of the new boy, gathered. I was able to repro the bug on multiple discs across multiple consoles, making it an immediate show-stopper. A lot of the testers who tested it previously got ripped a new one for missing such a huge bug, and I got a pat on the back and all the best projects from that day forward.

But that’s not actually the story. The best part is how they handled it. Instead of fixing the bug, they ended up removing all the affected levels. Yes. That’s a third of the entire game.

I’m sorry everyone.
You guys think it was EA?
Old 02-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #32
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Oh wow that's actually quite disgusting.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #33
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

The game sounds like it's from the Burnout series, where you race cars but if you crash your car (not the game), there's a glorious cutscene explosion that shows how the car got all F'd up by your piss poor driving. Anyway, depending on which Burnout it is, it could very easily be EA.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #34
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I'd put my money on EA.

But, yeah, at first I thought that was really weird, but I guess it makes sense. From the sounds of it, the deadline was right in front of them, and so, if the glitch wasn't easy enough to patch up in time... they'd just have to rip out the affected area. Amputate, if you will.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #35
StonE EdgE
Pokemon Trainer

Cyanide and Happiness (Explosm)

(I can't link it cause I don't have enough posts)

These webcomics make me ROFL daily.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #36
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

I just found this PLEASE READ IT

I think it's one of my favorite webcomics already. The artist has a really really adorable style and is really great at expressions. It'll take you barely 20 minutes to catch up on. It's about skeletons who wear suits, and it's called Helvetica. Right up your alley, right Hana????? (please read it)

Also Cucumber Quest is really cute and funny but takes about 10 minutes of reading before you realize it's not a serious comic at all (which is a good thing!). Prague Race will take you about half an hour, maybe forty minutes to catch up. The actual story part is just starting but it seems really promising and looks pretty?????

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #37
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Old 06-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #38
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Yesterday's RareCandyTreatment is so, so good because it is so, so true.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #39
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Lunar Delta
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Subnormality!

http://www.viruscomix.com/subnormality.html

There's some seriously brilliant and moving stuff in here. You should try starting here: http://www.viruscomix.com/page541.html

That one seriously made me cry so fucking hard.

Last edited by Lunar Delta; 06-12-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Lunar Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #40
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Another Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, another home run knocked out of the park. Guy's parodies of established American newspaper comic characters are gold.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #41
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Also Cucumber Quest is really cute and funny but takes about 10 minutes of reading before you realize it's not a serious comic at all (which is a good thing!).
HNNNNNG

This is too adorable. I will never stop reading it. EVER.
Quote:
Old 06-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #42
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Let's see... What would I recommend...

One of the artists involved in the game Braid used to do a webcomic that I liked called A Lesson is Learned but the Damage is Irreversible. It's been on hiatus for years, but the archive is still there.

Another one I loved as a younger Marion was Bite Me!, which is a humorous webcomic about Vampires during the French Revolution. Again, that story has reached its conclusion, but it's a damn good one.

Not sure if Paper Eleven would count as a webcomic or manga or both, but it's completely worth the read. I actually own the published version because I loved PXI so much. Definitely not for everyone, though; it's disturbing at parts, and the storyline is only hinted at (and very confusing). Also, the art vastly improves as the storyline goes on.

If you just want something fluffy and adorable (and also amusing), I love Doctor Cat.

Of course, there's also Hipster Hitler. It's exactly what it sounds like.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #43
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

You guys mentioned most of my favorites, but let me add in some others I like a lot but wasn't mentioned yet

Dr. McNinja
Eerie Cuties
GG-Guys
Mystic Revolution
Order of the Stick
Phuzzy Comics
Virtual Shackles

Sorry for not putting links, still don't have enough posts to do so T-T (but 5 posts to go!). But for now just google them and you'll find them quick enough.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #44
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Yesterday's SMBC is absolutely wonderful.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:30 AM   #45
Talon87
時の彼方へ

A few updates behind on my XKCD. Man, these last three have just been out-of-the-park knockouts.

http://xkcd.com/1083/ is funny because it's true.

http://xkcd.com/1082/ is funny because d'aww + hahaha puns.

http://xkcd.com/1081/ is funny because it's the Debate forum. (I keep telling you guys to just take the water slide ...)
Old 07-18-2012, 04:09 AM   #46
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
http://xkcd.com/1081/ is funny because it's the Debate forum. (I keep telling you guys to just take the water slide ...)
You have no idea how tempted I was to post that in every thread in that forum.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #47
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
So I may have just read through the entirety of Questionable Content in about four days. Anyone got any recommendations for similarly good slice-of-life webcomics? I scanned tv tropes for recommendations briefly but couldn't find any I liked.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #48
Talon87
時の彼方へ

SMBC does it again. Hey look, it's the Debate Forum!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #49
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
So I may have just read through the entirety of Questionable Content in about four days. Anyone got any recommendations for similarly good slice-of-life webcomics? I scanned tv tropes for recommendations briefly but couldn't find any I liked.
Johnny Wander is pretty good. It doesn't follow a story like Questionable Content does. It's more of a semi-autobiographical series of one off comics about the life of Yuko and Ananth, the artist and writer and their friends.

If you need a story, maybe Multiplex. It's sort of to movies what Questionable Content is to indie music. There's a storyline, comedy, romantic drama, general real life stuff revolving around people who work at a Multiplex. There are movie references, the artist keeps things timely by switching up the background posters to reflect the movies that are out at the time and I think it's generally pretty decent.

Last edited by Kori Gotcha; 08-15-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Kori Gotcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #50
Char
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Maybe Allan? He writes comics documenting his life (somewhat real time as the comics have been updated over the years). I've always been a fan.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment