UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 03-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Napalm Kansas

Perhaps a bit extreme, but FOR FUCK'S SAKE this has to be one of the most disgusting cases of incompetence I've ever read: http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/13/woman. ... pstoryview

He waited 2 years before contacting outside authorities to help convince Pam to leave the bathroom. 2 YEARS before he decided "it's about time" to call either (1) the police, (2) a psychotherapist, (3) members of her family that he knows she trusted, or (4) her friends that she had had before vanishing from the planet for 24 months.

Fu-cking-Ri-DI-culous. Absolutely absurd. Even if the guy meant well and is a nice guy and Pam testifies "it's not his fault! He fed me and hung out with me and every day asked me if I was ready to leave the bathroom," he's still a cretin whose peanut of a brain prevented him from helping this girl out sooner.

And I thought I'd read it all. Kansas, the most racist state in the union. Kansas, the most Bible-thumping state in the union. Kansas, the most backwards state in the union concerning high school biology curricula. But apparently we're not done adding to Kansas's list of offenses against humanity. Apparently I have to add "Kansas, the most mentally challenged state in the union" to the list. :x
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: Napalm Kansas

I read the article then read most of your opinion, and I'm of the same view. As the man was portrayed he didn't seem bad, but he is a horribly dense git. It's disturbing to hear the lady was actually stuck to the seat, quite horrifying actually - I guess trauma really differs from person to person as far as influence on adult mentality. When beaten as a child, some people become grow up more violent, others more timid, and many others just normal.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:01 AM   #3
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

At least their football team was good last year, and their basketball team is excellent as usual this year.

Can we remove their black athletes first? =o

In any case, I read that on MSN yesterday. Response below.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:17 AM   #4
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I've heard about this gem in the news. Very disturbing.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #5
Cubone17
Pokemon Trainer

uhh right I gotta agree with the opinions so far both about that guy and Kansas as a whole. Personaly I would have called the cops or someone to get that woman out by the first morning not 2 freaking years later.
Cubone17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #6
Betagold
Pokemon Trainer

They play CNN during lunch periods in my school. We usually ignore it, but people were looking at the screen with disgusted horror, and I had to look up. This is just awful. So, uh, yeah. Kansas =/= smart. Kansas = bad.
Betagold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:56 PM   #7
Kasumi Violet
Boulder Badge

But in all fairness (disclaimer: I don't even know if I've ever BEEN to Kansas), it sounds like it's just one hellova dumb guy. Maybe he's just the village idiot and not everyone from Kansas is THAT stupid? Although the lady sounds like she needs a LOT of professional help.

- KV
Kasumi Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #8
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Obviously not everyone in Kansas is contemptible. ajnrules used to live there. My friend Zschaun lived there for a couple of years of his life (and is one source I have for the claim that Kansans tend to disproportionately be racist). I mean, anyone who knows me personally would know that I strongly believe that no land's people are wholly good or wholly bad. You'll find rotten apples in every country, every county, and even every town with a population greater than 500. It's just the way things are -- a very yin & yang state of affairs.

However, so much bad news comes out of Kansas -- from Intelligent Design and anti-Evolutionary education in public schools to stories like this one -- that I've really had it up to here *raises hand high above head* with Kansas. I think that if ever a foreigner could be given the worst possible impression of our nation, it would be to send them to a hybrid between Kansas and Texas. Either state suffices, though the hybrid would be the truly most monstrous possibility of all.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:07 AM   #9
Cubone17
Pokemon Trainer

I generaly agree on the fact that not everyone somewhere is one thing or another. However the fact that stuff like Intelligent Design and Anti-Evolution stuff passed and got into the school system denotes either a majority wanted it or a loud enough minority that the majority did not try to stop, either way it means people like ajnrules and such are probably the exceptions to the norm of the area.
Cubone17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc