UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 06-03-2020, 01:19 PM   #476
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

As String Shot landed, Keith fired back by exploiting the move and using it to anchor Shadow Ball's path. A clever strategy, to be sure. Keith had also ordered Chip to use Ice Beam as soon as Wurmple used Electroweb, which gave Cy an idea. With so many moves in play at once... "Wurmple, let out your String Shot to buy time, and aim Electroweb upwards!" He ordered. Wurmple deftly skipped backwards, slackening the line and giving him enough time to fire Electroweb. Not at Chip, but straight up. Upon seeing Electroweb executed, Chip launched Ice Beam to counter it. "Now, Wurmple!" Chip flung out his arm to punctuate the command. "Cut off that String Shot and use Psychic to redirect everything at Chip!"

Wurmple chewed through the string line in no time flat, and skipped back one more time. His eyes shone brilliant blue with Psychic power, and every attack on the field froze where it was. The effort of it forced Wurmple back slightly, but with a decisive step forward he took hold, and each move's momentum shifted. In seconds they were speeding towards Chip in a maelstrom of types and effects. With Electroweb above, Shadow Ball and Ice Beam in front, and String Shot keeping the Duskull in place, Cy couldn't see how Chip could get out of this one.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:19 PM   #477
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith gritted his teeth- for all his strategy and cunning, Wurmple was able to throw everything right back in Chip's skeletal face. The String Shot-bound Duskull was unable to dodge the oncoming attacks, two of which were his own being thrown back at him, and as the attacks died down, the Duskull fell to the ground.

"Duskull is unable to battle!" declared Gavin. "Wurmple wins!"

"Oh, and Chip was doing so well, too," sighed Liliana.

"Yeah, he's definitely improving," nodded Peeves as Keith withdrew the cookie-scented Duskull. "That's one strong Wurmple, though," he added with interest. "Makes me wonder what Keith's third Pokémon will be."

Keith seemed as though he was wondering this as well. Willa looked at him, saw that he was eyeing up that Wurmple, as though sizing it up. "This may call for one of your strongest," she murmured.

"I'm thinking the same thing," Keith stated, plucking a Level Ball off his belt. "Alright, Kyle, let's go!" he exclaimed, throwing the modified Red Apricorn.

In a flash of light, a red, yellow, and beige Fire-type materialized across from Wurmple. "Heatmor!" he declared.

"Kyle, that Wurmple's no weakling," Keith warned the Heatmor. "We'll have to give it all we got!"

"Mor!" nodded Kyle understandingly.

"Then let's see it throw this back at us!" Keith grinned. "Fire Blast, go!"

"Heeeeeeaaat... MOOOOR!" Kyle exclaimed, exhaling a uniquely shaped plume of flame from his mouth, burning bright as it hurtled towards Wurmple.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:11 PM   #478
Thunder Badge

Cy couldn't suppress a smile when their plan went off seamlessly. Chip was unable to escape the barrage of attacks, and went down, however, Keith's next Pokémon was Heatmor, a strong Fire-Type with an advantage over the Bug-Type Wurmple. it opened with Fire Blast, one of the strongest Fire moves - but one which could easily be evaded.

"Dodge it, Wurmple!" Cy ordered confidently. Wurmple skittered as fast as his tiny feet would carry him, but the attack grazed him regardless. Sent sliding to the edge of the battlefield, Wurmple struggled to stay upright. "Can you still fight?" Cy asked, "Then let's try a Poison Sting!" He added. Wurmple turned to face his opponent and charged up his horn with toxic energy, before shuddering and toppling over sideways as the energy dissipated harmlessly. "Wurmple, no!" Cy lamented as the referee called his defeat. "Too weakened by Ice Beam..." Cy withdrew Wurmple and regarded the two Pokeballs left on his belt. "Hmm... I know you have a Type disadvantage, but..." He unhitched one of the Pokeballs and tossed it up in the air before catching it and sending it whirling onto the battlefield. It snapped open and with a burst of blue energy, a Pokémon appeared!

"Paaa-rasssss!" Paras cried, raring to battle before it even landed. It clicked its mandibles and gave the opposing Heatmor an appraising glare with cold, soulless eyes that would bring chill shivers down any Pokémon's spine.

"OK, Paras, use Stun Spore-" Cy barely finished half his order before Paras gave an ear-shattering cry of "Prrr-RASSSSSSSS!" and launched itself at Heatmor like a missile, unleashing a veritable avalanche of Scratches before Heatmor or either Trainer had time to react. Darting around its foe with lightning speed, it kept up the pressure, rapid-firing Scratches from every angle. "Paras, no!" Cy tried to rein the violent Bug in, but his orders fell on a deaf mushroom. Despite the size difference, the Type disadvantage, and every odd stacked against it, Paras had decided it would Scratch until the Distortion World froze over.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 06-03-2020, 05:43 PM   #479
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Wurmple is unable to battle!" Gavin declared as Fire Blast did its job.

"Alright, honestly, that could've gotten hairy if they hadn't done that," Peeves remarked as Cy withdrew Wurmple.

"Your Wurmple's very impressive," Keith grinned, addressing Cy. "I honestly didn't think I'd have to go all-out against it like that!"

Cy seemed uncertain about the type matchup his final Pokémon had here, and moments later, Keith could see why- Cy's final Pokémon was a Paras. Moreover, the Paras's eyes were ominously blank, a sight that unnerved Keith, Willa, and Gavin, and even Kyle somewhat. And then, Cy's command for Stun Spore went entirely unheeded, as the zombie insect lunged, landing Scratch after Scratch. The difference in power was great, and so Kyle was in no danger of getting knocked out especially quickly, but the damage was piling up fast. "Mor," Kyle murmured, not sure what to do.

Keith, on the other hand, had a good idea. "Stand still and use Flame Charge!" he ordered.

"Heatmor!" declared Kyle, cloaking his body in flames. Paras's next Scratch was gonna be quite painful for it.

As this went on, a Parasect stood in the shade of a nearby tree, watching the battle intently. Neither of its personalities seemed to like what they saw...
Old 06-03-2020, 06:06 PM   #480
Thunder Badge

Cy could only watch as Paras kept Scratching, over and over. Soon enough, Keith had ordered a counterstrategy in Flame Charge. Paras lunged for another strike just as flames sprouted around the Heatmor, and the heat singed its claw... and the edge of its mushrooms. With a piercing screech it leaped back away from the opponent, firing a Stun Spore from one mushroom and a Sleep Powder from the other, seemingly from instinct. It sat chittering for just a moment before shrieking again and conjuring Swords of pure energy which Danced about it before collapsing inwards and infusing their energy into Paras to boost its attacking power. Finally noticing its wounded Claw, it coated the appendage in tough Metal. Its dead eyes roved over the opponent, the flickering flames reflected in the blank stare. Its only thought was to attack, and it was only still for now because it was waiting for an opening to resume the assault.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 06-04-2020, 07:25 AM   #481
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Jake took mental notes as Eddie explained more about the mysterious Pokémon. They were known for appearing on Cinnabar Island and Lavender Town, among other places, it seemed. And Eddie did express interest in watching the battle, after which everyone turned their attention back to the battle.

Wurmple had turned out to nearly evade Chip's Feint Attack with Tackle, though it didn't go as well as Cy might have planned—the Bug-type still took damage from the Feint Attack, as well as a follow-up Ice Beam from the Ghost-type. Wurmple followed up by attempting a String Shot-Electroweb combo, and Chip countered with Shadow Ball.

"Not bad," Jake commented. "That is one smart Wurmple. Chip's movepool is quite interesting as well—I haven't seen, er, smelled a Duskull use Sweet Scent before, but Chip does resemble a chocolate-chip cookie, so I guess that makes sense." He shrugged.

"Buizel..." Buizel agreed.

The rest of the battle went by in a blur. The battlefield was clouded by the multitude of attacks that were fired (Electroweb and Ice Beam, to name a few), and when the smoke cleared, Chip was on the ground, unable to battle. Such a powerful Psychic by a tiny Bug-type!

"Incredible," Jake murmured.

Keith recalled the uniquely-patterned Ghost Pokémon, and in his place sent out a Pokémon with a long nose and compact, sharp-looking claws.

"Hmm," Jake pulled his Pokédex out of his pocket and opened it. "Let's get some information on this Pokémon."

Heatmor, the Anteater Pokémon. A Fire-type. A flame serves as its tongue, melting through the hard shell of Durant so that Heatmor can devour their insides.

"That's a shame," Jake remarked jokingly as he put away his Pokédex. "I kinda wanted a Durant one day." He turned his attention back to the battle, where Keith's Heatmor, Kyle, released a blazing stream of a five-branched Fire Blast at Cy's Wurmple.

Although Cy ordered for Wurmple to dodge, it proved not fast enough, as Wurmple was tired out from the previous round. The red Bug-type prepared a Poison Sting, only to collapse.

"I have to say, I'm impressed with how well that Wurmple did!" Jake remarked as Cy withdrew his Wurmple.

Next, Cy hesitantly sent out a Paras in Wurmple's place. Weirdly, the Paras' eyes were blank white. Surely a sight almost always seen on a Parasect, but its pre-evolution? That was unheard of, until now.

"Bui...Buizel?" Buizel asked. Something wrong?

"You do have a point, Buizel," Jake replied. "Usually only Parasect have that kind of blank stare. I wonder what it is with this Paras that caused it to be mushroom-overtaken earlier than normal."

"Bui," Buizel nodded in agreement.

Cy soon gave an order for Stun Spore, but Paras ignored him, rushing in with a flurry of Scratch attacks. Even so, Kyle stood his ground, and cloaked himself in fire as commanded by Keith. Cy's Paras gave a pained screech as it Scratched a wall of flame, though it retaliated with a reflex spray of two different powders from its mushrooms. The Bug and Grass-type then Swords Danced, before preparing a Metal Claw. It seemed that it was waiting for a chance to strike.

"Such a rebellious Pokémon," Jake noticed. "I wonder how Cy manages to train a Pokémon like that. That requires a lot of skill as a Trainer, I would say."
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:58 PM   #482
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Heh, yeah, our Chip's one of a kind," Peeves remarked, fatherly pride evident in his voice. "It's no real mystery why he ended up looking this way- me and Lil have always shared a great fondness for chocolate chip cookies, as far back as when we first met as Duskull," he said, taking hold of the female Dusknoir's hand, who looked over at him and... well, it was hard to say whether she was smiling, but at the same time, it was a pretty safe bet she was smiling.

As Jake remarked on Cy's rebellious Paras, Eddie nodded. "Indeed- I can hardly imagine what that must be like, working with such a difficult Pokémon. I consider myself lucky- Voltorb and Electrode are reputed for being dangerous and difficult to work with, but Gigawatt's always been quite tame. I've never had an issue with Hermione, Battery, or Remy, either," he added.

Paras reacted very unpleasantly to Scratching a wall off fire. Backing off, screeching madly, letting loose Stun Spore and Sleep Powder seemingly on instinct. Kyle, thankfully, kept the fire going, burning up the powder before cutting short the Flame Charge.

"Swords Dance, huh?" Keith murmured, watching as the Paras powered itself up. Cy was no longer giving commands, and considering what happened last time he tried this, Keith supposed this was just as well.

"Mor! Heatmor!" Kyle stated insistently, casting a wary glance at the feral fungus.

Keith nodded. "You think we can't take this lightly, type advantage or otherwise," he stated. "I agree, Kyle! Let's-"

"Heat-"

"show-"

"mor-"

"them-"

"Heat"

"what-"

"mor-"

"we're-"

"mor-"

"made of!"

"Heatmor!"

It was then that it happened- Keith's vision blurred. For a split second, he seemed to be seeing the Paras from closer than he actually was, as though seeing it through his Heatmor's eyes. There was the most curious sensation throughout his body- he felt more in tune with Kyle's feelings and thoughts than ever before. At the same time, a swirling pillar of flames erupted from the ground up, obscuring Kyle from proper view, but anyone with the ocular fortitude to try and see into the flames could tell that something seemed different about Kyle. Something about his torso almost looked similar to Keith's shirt and jacket, he almost looked like he was wearing a cowboy hat like his Trainer's, and the swirling pillar of flame almost seemed to be originating from Kyle's pipelike tail.

"X-x above!" exclaimed Eddie, adjusting his glasses.

"Wat- again!?" Meowth exclaimed.

"What the fuck!" swore Gavin.

"...could this be?" Willa murmured, eyes very wide as she looked back and forth between her boyfriend and his Heatmor.

"I've read about something like this!" Liliana murmured. "Could this be..."

"...Bond Phenomenon?" Peeves finished her question.

Keith grinned. Confidence surged through his body, confidence he somehow knew he shared with his Heatmor. "Kyle, use Fire Lash!" he commanded.

"Heeeeeatmor!" Kyle exclaimed, preparing to whip Paras with, not his flaming tongue as he'd normally do, but rather with the entire pillar of fire engulfing him.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:40 AM   #483
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

The training Aura Guardian had nodded as Peeves explained that he and Liliana had eaten lots of chocolate chip cookies prior to Chip's birth (hatching?). "You're making me hungry," Jake had admitted.

Eddie had explained that his Electrode, Gigawatt, was tame for its species, and his other Pokémon were obedient as well. Just as the aspiring cryptopokologist finished his sentence, Jake's Buizel jumped up.

"Bui, Bui, Buizel!" Buizel pointed urgently at the battlefield, alternating between Keith and his Heatmor.

"Huh?" Jake squinted and inched forward on his sitting spot on the grass, trying to see what was the matter. A split-second later, Keith and Kyle synchronized their speech patterns, and a pillar of fire erupted around the Heatmor.
"No way!" Jake exclaimed as the others also voiced their surprise. As Peeves made a remark about Bond Phenomenon, Jake added, "Unbelievable! I thought only Greninja could undergo such a transformation. This is unheard of!"

"Buizel." The Sea Weasel Pokémon turned to Jake, nodding. Use your aura! Buizel silently conveyed.

"Oh, of course," Jake nodded. "I'll see if my aura detects anything exceptional. For those who don't know," he added, addressing everyone, "I'm training to be an Aura Guardian. Aura abilities are inherited by lineage, as far as I know. I'll explain later; it's a bit complicated." While Jake was talking, Kyle the Heatmor was preparing a very large Fire Lash, so the young Aura Guardian quickly jumped into action (not literally).

Jake concentrated intensely, focusing his line of sight on the Heatmor and summoning his own aura from within. Now, Jake could clearly sense the connection between Keith and Kyle, as well as feel the energy of the Fire-type's unique form. "Amazing," said the aspiring Aura Guardian. "No doubt that form can only be triggered by a strong bond and/or a worthy opponent. The difference in power level between a Trainer-Pokémon cooperation and an independent, power-seeking Pokémon is apparent," he noticed. "Things just got a lot more exciting!"

"Bui!" Buizel agreed, sitting down again.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:45 PM   #484
Thunder Badge

Cy could only stare in awe as a column of blazing fire flared around Heatmor, obscuring his form. "A Bond Pokémon...?" The Keith-Heatmor attacked immediately, sending its explosive aura whipping at Paras with blinding speed. Paras scuttled frantically out of the way, just barely avoiding incineration. It continued scuttling upon seeing the scorched aftermath of the attack, hiding behind its Trainer's leg. Cy knelt beside it, looking at their opponent. "We can still win this, Paras, you just have to listen to me. That Heatmor is strong, no doubt about it, but you're faster. Use that, circle around and start using Swords Dance! Go!" Paras clacked its mandibles, clearly skeptical of the idea, but it didn't want to get burned again. Cy stood up again and Paras flew back onto the battlefield, making a noise like a boiling kettle as it skittered in a wide berth around Keith-Heatmor, eyes blazing with raw fury. Swords began circling it, crashing inwards to boost Attack power. They weren't dealing damage, but at least they were prepared for the next attack.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 06-07-2020, 09:21 PM   #485
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Eddie was in awe at what was going on before him, though Jake managed to surprise him further with the revelation that he was an Aura Guardian in training. "Incredible!" he murmured to himself, before turning back to the battle.

Paras had evaded the Fire Lash, albeit just barely. The situation was very, very much not to the Bug/Grass-type's liking, and so he found himself slightly more inclined to listen to Cy, and thus he started moving fast, using Swords Dance, keeping out of reach.

Keith grinned, feeling both his and his Heatmor's burning determination within him. Vaguely he registered that this had happened once before- a singular instance, in the heat of battle, where Keith and his Heatmor, their minds and hearts in total sync, managed to unlock this... whatever this was! Keith wasn't even sure what to call it, at least until he heard what Peeves said. Bond Phenomenon... this was something he'd heard Luna allude to once or twice, though with maddeningly few details as to what that was. But those details could wait, Keith figured- right now, they had a Pokémon fight to win, and this Paras was clearly not gonna go down so easily! "Use Fire Pledge!" Keith declared, striking the ground with a fist. At the same time, Kyle did the exact same thing, causing pillars of flame to erupt out of the ground, aiming to surround the Paras and inflict major damage.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:35 AM   #486
Emp
Volcano Badge

Shroomish Mush a Shroom About Nothing

Hop, hop, hop, went the Breloom. The damp soil of the Shadow Clearing sloshed under foot, fallout from the rainiest Autumn in years. There was a spring in the Breloom’s step as he inhaled the loamy aroma. To the naked eye it was nothing more than a bombsite, land that would never harbor life again. But mushroom Pokemon saw things differently; the dead plant material when decomposed would add nutrients to the soil so it may one day return to its former glory. Psilo relished in this mission, it was his duty as a fungi after all – and he wasn’t alone.

Mushroom Pokemon were popping up all over the property: Shroomish feeding on rotted roots unearthed from the soil while unsuspecting Paras began to sprout their first tochukaso... Perhaps it was the special arrangement of moisture and temperature, or even the poisonous makeup of the land they had found themselves on. Either way, Psilo had never seen so many of his kind. The Breloom wanted to show his master, but he was far too busy right now making repairs to his sailboat with help of the island’s proprietor. The same storm that had shipwrecked them on the bleak landmass had brought about mushroom season; while the pitter patter would linger on Breloom understood he had a limited window to explore and spread his spores. Perhaps this year he’d even find a mate to cross pollinate with...

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 06-15-2020 at 08:16 AM.
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:25 AM   #487
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Eddie was in awe at what was going on before him, though Jake managed to surprise him further with the revelation that he was an Aura Guardian in training. "Incredible!" he murmured to himself, before turning back to the battle.

Paras had evaded the Fire Lash, albeit just barely. The situation was very, very much not to the Bug/Grass-type's liking, and so he found himself slightly more inclined to listen to Cy, and thus he started moving fast, using Swords Dance, keeping out of reach.

Keith grinned, feeling both his and his Heatmor's burning determination within him. Vaguely he registered that this had happened once before- a singular instance, in the heat of battle, where Keith and his Heatmor, their minds and hearts in total sync, managed to unlock this... whatever this was! Keith wasn't even sure what to call it, at least until he heard what Peeves said. Bond Phenomenon... this was something he'd heard Luna allude to once or twice, though with maddeningly few details as to what that was. But those details could wait, Keith figured- right now, they had a Pokémon fight to win, and this Paras was clearly not gonna go down so easily! "Use Fire Pledge!" Keith declared, striking the ground with a fist. At the same time, Kyle did the exact same thing, causing pillars of flame to erupt out of the ground, aiming to surround the Paras and inflict major damage.
Jake and Buizel watched silently as the battle played out. Paras managed to dodge Kyle's Fire Lash and cowered behind his Trainer's leg. After a few soft-spoken words, the Mushroom Pokémon skittered back out and started running around the Heatmor, using Swords Dance.

In response, Keith and Kyle used Fire Pledge. Jake knew that the Pledge moves were basically pillars of its respective element that erupted out of the ground and surrounded the target, and that...the Pledge moves are only learned by starter Pokémon.

"Hey, what?" Jake rubbed his eyes, trying to see if what he was seeing was real, or just an illusion or mirage. "I thought only Fire-type starter Pokémon could learn Fire Pledge!"
Old 06-15-2020, 01:50 PM   #488
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Sludge Wave Coast had seen more than its fair share of rain as of late. The Shadow Clearing- once every bit a part of the forest surrounding Sludge Wave Coast as any part still standing, but following the Stewie incident, it became a vast, open space, cleared out by potent Shadow moves fired by a powerful megalomaniacal Shadow Ledian hell-bent on world domination. But that's another story- right now, the damp ground was proving to be a fun place for a fungi. Indeed, the Breloom was in good company, with many wild mushroom Pokémon hanging around. And not just wild ones, either- a formidable-looking Parasect was slowly wandering the grounds near the small mansion at the northern end, while an Amoonguss with Ultra Ball-esque markings on his cap and shields looked on nervously, as though trying to muster the courage to approach her.

And elsewhere, not far from a small house that looked like something straight out of the Tanoby Ruins in the Sevii Islands, Psilo would see a Shiinotic, relaxing in the damp atmosphere- the most recent rainfall had proven most refreshing to her, especially considering her Rain Dish. And as she noticed the Breloom, she gave a friendly smile and a wave, welcoming the newcomer.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:33 PM   #489
Emp
Volcano Badge

Shroomish Shroomeo and Shroomiette

Before long the damp, desolate valley was carpeted with mushroom Pokemon. While the drizzle persisted, spores hung in the air with enough potency to knock out a fully-grown Miltank. Psilo tilted back his cap to get a clearer view of the fungi sprouting all over; among them was a Parasect that looked more formidable than most, clicking its pincers as it patrolled the outskirts of the proprietor’s mansion.

Then he saw her – the most beautiful shroom in the field. Her cap was twice the size of his, purple with speckles of green, a fluffy pink rim and a pale green, grilled underside. It seemed to glow soft in the dull of the rainy day, a stark contrast to her empty black eyes and twisted smile. She was smiling at him! Psilo’s cheeks flushed, his timid nature getting the better of him. He knew if his master was here, he’d egg him on to go talk to her... The Breloom nodded in acknowledgement of the imaginary order, mustering the courage to bound ahead.

Hop, hop, crash! Psilo’s foot had caught on a stray item, sending him tumbling as gracefully as a drunken Spinda. The mushroom Pokemon was covered in muck as he wearily came to his feet, chances of impressing the Shiiontic waning thin. But that wasn’t all he had to worry about. The Breloom hadn’t tripped over a discarded ultra ball, rather another member of the fungi family. The Amoongus was rubbing its cap where it had been stepped on...

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 06-16-2020 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:33 PM   #490
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Increase couldn't help but smile at the sight of the handsome Breloom, especially as he seemed to be approaching her. But he didn't get very far- what he'd mistaken for a discarded Ultra Ball was in fact yet another mushroom.

"O-oh, I'm sorry," the Amoonguss murmured, rubbing his cap where the Breloom had stepped on him. It wasn't hard to guess why Psilo hadn't immediately realized he was another mushroom- Six's cap and shields didn't exactly look typical for his kind. In fact, until recent years, it had been accepted as fact that the Ultramoonguss, an ancient race of warrior Amoonguss, said to be the inspiration for the name and design of the modern-day Ultra Ball, had gone extinct. Though Six remained, as far as his Trainer was aware, the only specimen reported to exist in modern times. "Um... My name's Six," he introduced himself. Even as he was saying this, he couldn't take his eyes off the Parasect. It was clear that he was just as smitten with her as Psilo was with Increase, but the Amoonguss seemed unsure just what he should do about this.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:23 AM   #491
Emp
Volcano Badge

Shroomish I'm a Fighter, not a Lover!

"I'm Psilo", the Breloom responded, flicking mud off his claw as he went to shake hands, "Uh- I'm sorry for stepping on you- there's a lady over there I was on my way to talk to, I wasn't even looking where I was going-" He squinted in her direction to see her staring right back, just as quickly averting his gaze as his cheeks flushed with embarrassment. He turned back to see Six was just as smitten with another Pokemon, the Parasect he'd spotted earlier. So preoccupied with his own humiliation, Psilo hadn't even considered how the smaller shroom had felt being trodded on.

Across the chasm mushroom Pokemon would be finding mates to spread their spores with, while the two hopeless romantics hadn’t gotten as far as approaching a potential match. Psilo couldn’t rack his head around it. When he was on the battleground he was a different mushroom: brave, strong and determined. Then it hit him-

"I've got an idea, how about we have a sparring match to show off our skills? I may be fully trained but I haven't battled in years, and you have the type advantage- it should be a fair matchup." Psilo smiled at his genius, what he lacked in social skills he more than made up for in fighting ability. Shaking off the last of the muck he sprang into a battle stance, inviting Six to make the first move.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 06-20-2020, 09:00 PM   #492
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Psilo introduced himself, and the pair of mushrooms shook hands. Six nodded as the Breloom apologized. "O-oh, it's OK, I wasn't even aware I was in the way," murmured Six, and the reason behind that wasn't too hard to determine.

As the Breloom chanced another look at Increase, only to shyly avert his gaze as he saw she was looking in that direction. The Shiinotic was definitely intrigued by this point. Psilo, however, wasn't happy about how shy and awkward he was being here, vastly preferring how brave and strong he was in battle. And that gave him an idea.

Six was initially surprised by Psilo's challenge, but quickly realized what a good idea this was- Amanita hadn't seen him in battle before, this would be his chance to show her how strong he was! "I... I accept," he stated, already starting to sound a bit more sure of himself. True to his Ultramoonguss roots, Six was a warrior at heart, and as soft-spoken and quiet as he might be normally, he could be fierce in battle,

Psilo was allowing Six the first move, and the Amoonguss was quick to take him up on this; right shield glowing with fierce red energy, the Grass/Poison-type bounded forward to land a Power-Up Punch on Psilo!

The Parasect had begun watching this with interest. "Huh," murmured Amanitin. "Shit, we've never seen Six fight before, ain't we? This oughta be good."

Then, something about the Parasect's eyes shifted, and she spoke up again in a different voice, the mushroom's personality now in control; Amanita and Amanitin were a very unique case for their species- rather than the mushroom taking total control and the bug host perishing, the two personalities coexisted in the same body. "Indeed..." Amanita murmured, sounding more than a little fascinated.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:34 AM   #493
Emp
Volcano Badge

Shroomish Shroomius Ceaser

Psilo skidded back a few feet as the Punch connected, Powering-Up his opponent some. The mushroom Pokémon smirked as his heels planted into the ground, it had been a ages since he’d felt such an adrenaline rush. Tapping into his shallow pool of counter-options against the Poison/Grass Pokémon he settled on Bulking Up his muscles, pumping strength to his springy limbs and bolstering his defences. He just as quickly ricocheted forward, cap lowered as he struck with a Headbutt; the attack sent the pair bowling over with spores flying every whichway, but their recovery was quick enough. Both were full of vitality and raring to show their crushes what they were made of.

At this point a crowd of fungi was starting to gather, cheering and jeering with each blow. There was no clear favourite, although the resident Foongus and Shroomish families were clearly backing their kin, seeing something of themselves in the capable warriors. Psilo wondered who Increase would be supporting, although there was no time to dwell on that as the Ultramoongus homed in for another attack...

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 06-28-2020, 12:46 PM   #494
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As Six landed a Power-Up Punch, Psilo went for Bulk Up, then landed a Headbutt for solid damage. It sent the pair of mushrooms tumbling, but they were quick to recover.

By this point, it seemed the fungal fighters had found some fans- other mushroom Pokémon had gathered to spectate, with the Foongus and Shroomish rooting for their respective evolutions. But it wasn't them that Six and Psilo were concerned with- Six had to resist the urge to sneak glances over at Amanita and Amanitin- if he hadn't resisted the urge, he'd see the Parasect watching with interest. Meanwhile, Increase was watching the battle as well- much as she knew Six already and liked him as a friend, she was particularly pleased to see the handsome Breloom doing so well.

Six was not about to let up, though, so Psilo had to act fast if he wanted to keep doing well, for the Ultramoonguss was already going into a Defense Curl, quickly followed by a powerful Rollout!
Old 06-30-2020, 01:48 AM   #495
Emp
Volcano Badge

Shroomish The truffle scuffle

With a crowd of spectators swelling Breloom decided it was time to kick things up a notch, leaning in for a Sky Uppercut - the punch failing to connect as the enemy Amoongus ducked into a Defence Curl! With his limbs tucked in Six was completely indistinguishable from an Ultra Ball, and more aerodynamic to boot as he Rolled out and into the Breloom. Psilo would attempt to stop the tumbling truffle in his tracks with a Seed Bomb, the barrage only partially connecting as the foe picked up momentum. As seeds exploded against the damp soil the Breloom braced himself for another hit, Six barrelling into the fungi’s gut for a consecutive hit! That one stung, and each blow would only get stronger if Psilo didn’t act fast.

With the Amoongus steering back into range, the mushroom Pokemon would wait for the right moment to bat him away like a softball, his Tail flickering as it went as tough as Iron. The distance would give him the opportunity to charge a Solar Beam, and perhaps even share a few words with Increase who was spectating on the sideline. The thought was enough to send the bachelor weak at the knees, but no – he’d need to maintain a strong stance for the round ahead.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 07-05-2020, 03:44 PM   #496
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post
With a crowd of spectators swelling Breloom decided it was time to kick things up a notch, leaning in for a Sky Uppercut - the punch failing to connect as the enemy Amoongus ducked into a Defence Curl! With his limbs tucked in Six was completely indistinguishable from an Ultra Ball, and more aerodynamic to boot as he Rolled out and into the Breloom. Psilo would attempt to stop the tumbling truffle in his tracks with a Seed Bomb, the barrage only partially connecting as the foe picked up momentum. As seeds exploded against the damp soil the Breloom braced himself for another hit, Six barrelling into the fungi’s gut for a consecutive hit! That one stung, and each blow would only get stronger if Psilo didn’t act fast.

With the Amoongus steering back into range, the mushroom Pokemon would wait for the right moment to bat him away like a softball, his Tail flickering as it went as tough as Iron. The distance would give him the opportunity to charge a Solar Beam, and perhaps even share a few words with Increase who was spectating on the sideline. The thought was enough to send the bachelor weak at the knees, but no – he’d need to maintain a strong stance for the round ahead.
Six was onto something, Defense Curl's timing allowing him to outright avoid the Sky Uppercut, and the Rollout helping him power through the Seed Bomb and land two consecutive blows, with no sign of slowing down!

Of course, Psilo wasn't about to take this lying down, and when Six came rolling in to continue the attack, the Breloom landed a powerful Iron Tail, sending Six spinning off in a different direction. Hastily, the warrior Amoonguss stopped his attack, and as he took a moment to regain his bearings, he saw Psilo charging something up, and he had a feeling he knew exactly what that something was. It wouldn't hit the Grass/Poison-type as hard as it could hit most other Pokémon, but it still had some serious potential, and Six was rather inclined to try and stop the attack if he could. He therefore took a deep breath and let fly a Sludge Bomb barrage in Psilo's direction.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 07-08-2020 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:23 AM   #497
Thunder Badge

As Paras scuttled frantically about its foe, searching for weak points and finding none, the Heatmor counterattacked suddenly with a Fire Pledge. Paras skidded to a halt, surrounded by the flames. It darted this way and that as the pillars closed in, a lurking fear creeping through its usually cold and bloodthirsty mind.

"Paras, don't panic!" Cy called. "The pillars only extend upwards, so use Scratch and tunnel your way out!" It wouldn't be as efficient as the move Dig would be, but it would work. Paras fought with itself for a moment before obliging, ferociously tearing at the ground to make an escape route. Bursting out the other side, it nearly felt grateful to its master for saving it... if it hadn't noticed something as it surfaced. If fear and its master's orders hadn't flown out of its mind as one blank eye caught a peripheral glance at something that the fungus had been waiting for. If the raging fire of bloodthirstiness hadn't driven everything else out as it zeroed in on the single, solitary chink it had found in Heatmor's armor.

A weeaaak poooiiint... The bug made a sound like a teapot boiling over. Heatmor's use of Fire Pledge had left its own fiery aura slightly lessened, and one tiny edge of its tailtip was left uncovered. Paras did not hesitate for a moment. Its Claw shone silvery blue with Metal energy, despite Cy's calls for another Swords Dance. An opportunity... to attack! And in an instant it was across the battlefield, slashing at Heatmor's tail with such fierceness it was as if it meant to sever it.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 07-08-2020, 06:55 PM   #498
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Jake seemed astounded by the fact that Kyle was able to use Fire Pledge, a move normally reserved for very specific Fire-types, of which Heatmor was not one. "Indeed, that's usually the case," Eddie remarked, adjusting his glasses. "But in Fizzytopia, it seems Trainers who form a particularly strong bond with their Pokémon can help them to learn moves one normally wouldn't even dream them being capable of using. In fact, such reports of Trainers helping their Pokémon bypass the limits of what they normally can and cannot learn to do... it's partly what inspired me to study cryptopokology here in Fizzytopia as opposed to back in Kanto."

Paras was gripped by fear at this point, and not without reason- one good Fire move and it could kiss its hit points goodbye, and with the Fire Pledge pillars closing in, this was looking alarmingly likely to happen. However, Cy was able to get through to Paras, encouraging it to use Scratch as an improvised Dig attack to tunnel out of the attack's line of, well, fire.

And it worked! Paras was out of harm's way, but it had no interest in listening to Cy beyond this, not now that it had spotted a weak point- a tiny bit of Kyle's pipelike tail that wasn't cloaked in flame somehow. Disregarding the command to use Swords Dance, Paras instead lunged and landed a Metal Claw.

This was a mistake.

Keith winced at the same time Kyle did, almost as though the Paras's attack had grazed his own backside. But considering how little of Kyle's tail was actually uncovered, the very close proximity of the surrounding flames gave off heat far too intense for Paras to stick around for very long. Especially since Kyle wheeled around to face the Paras upon taking the not very effective Steel move, and the flames were most certainly not exposing any weak points on his front. And Keith was ready to capitalize on this close proximity, too. "Flame Charge, go!" he exclaimed.

"Heat mor!" Kyle exclaimed, the flames around him flaring up at once as he made to tackle the Paras who was right in front of him.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:42 AM   #499
Emp
Volcano Badge

Shroomish Holy shiitake

Quote:
Six was onto something, Defense Curl's timing allowing him to outright avoid the Sky Uppercut, and the Rollout helping him power through the Seed Bomb and land two consecutive blows, with no sign of slowing down!

Of course, Psilo wasn't about to take this lying down, and when Six came rolling in to continue the attack, the Breloom landed a powerful Iron Tail, sending Six spinning off in a different direction. Hastily, the warrior Amoonguss stopped his attack, and as he took a moment to regain his bearings, he saw Psilo charging something up, and he had a feeling he knew exactly what that something was. It wouldn't hit the Grass/Poison-type as hard as it could hit most other Pokémon, but it still had some serious potential, and Six was rather inclined to try and stop the attack if he could. He therefore took a deep breath and let fly a Sludge Bomb barrage in Psilo's direction.
With Psilo batting away the foe with a clean swing of his tail it seemed like he had ample time to charge his Solar Beam, if only the clouds would part even slightly. It had been drizzling all day and wasn’t about to let up; as the Breloom’s cap flickered feebly in an effort to photosynthesise the Amoongus was closing in fast, not like to give his opponent the opportunity to let off such a powerful technique. While there was some distance to cover, Six was sure enough back in firing range, head reeling as he globbed a Sludge Bomb inbound. Psilo had only gathered about half the energy required to carry out the attack and was a sitting Psyduck as the poisonous sludge detonated against his torso, breaking his focus as the chemical energy converted from the scarce light dissipated from his body.

The poisonous blow stung (and stunk) but Psilo wasn’t going to give up yet. Increase was watching closely and if he showed any sign of weakness she might lose interest. Fuelled by his infatuation he broke into a charge, claws flickering sharp as Scissors as he readied to cross them in an X-motion. From there, he’d finish with his ultimate finisher, a cataclysmic Giga Impact. The Shroomish on the sidelines had erupted into rapturous applause as the fighting fungi closed in, Psilo ready to answer their cheers with the show of a lifetime.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 07-11-2020 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:22 PM   #500
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Jake seemed astounded by the fact that Kyle was able to use Fire Pledge, a move normally reserved for very specific Fire-types, of which Heatmor was not one. "Indeed, that's usually the case," Eddie remarked, adjusting his glasses. "But in Fizzytopia, it seems Trainers who form a particularly strong bond with their Pokémon can help them to learn moves one normally wouldn't even dream them being capable of using. In fact, such reports of Trainers helping their Pokémon bypass the limits of what they normally can and cannot learn to do... it's partly what inspired me to study cryptopokology here in Fizzytopia as opposed to back in Kanto."

Paras was gripped by fear at this point, and not without reason- one good Fire move and it could kiss its hit points goodbye, and with the Fire Pledge pillars closing in, this was looking alarmingly likely to happen. However, Cy was able to get through to Paras, encouraging it to use Scratch as an improvised Dig attack to tunnel out of the attack's line of, well, fire.

And it worked! Paras was out of harm's way, but it had no interest in listening to Cy beyond this, not now that it had spotted a weak point- a tiny bit of Kyle's pipelike tail that wasn't cloaked in flame somehow. Disregarding the command to use Swords Dance, Paras instead lunged and landed a Metal Claw.

This was a mistake.

Keith winced at the same time Kyle did, almost as though the Paras's attack had grazed his own backside. But considering how little of Kyle's tail was actually uncovered, the very close proximity of the surrounding flames gave off heat far too intense for Paras to stick around for very long. Especially since Kyle wheeled around to face the Paras upon taking the not very effective Steel move, and the flames were most certainly not exposing any weak points on his front. And Keith was ready to capitalize on this close proximity, too. "Flame Charge, go!" he exclaimed.

"Heat mor!" Kyle exclaimed, the flames around him flaring up at once as he made to tackle the Paras who was right in front of him.
Jake nodded in response to Eddie's explanation. "That I know," he replied. "In fact, Buizel was able to learn quite a few moves unnatural to his kind thanks to our strong Bond."

"Bui, Buizel," the Water-type nodded in agreement.

"But Fire Pledge," Jake added, "I didn't know that such an exclusive move could be learned by other Pokémon as well."

Everyone watched as Cy ingeniously had Paras "Dig" out from the Fire Pledge with Scratch. Although the Trainer called for another Swords Dance, Paras instead went for a Metal Claw on the chink in Kyle's armor, er, fire veil. The contact caused the Heatmor to wheel around to face the Paras, and Keith called for Flame Charge.

"Interesting how Paras hasn't used a single special or ranged move yet," Jake noticed. "Getting in close proximity like that oughta be dangerous. Although it could be explained 'cause of the Swords Dance boosts Paras racked up, it still seems very risky to keep using moves that make contact. I'd say even something like Energy Ball would be safer at this point. Keith and Kyle pretty much have to land only one Fire-type move to claim victory, and they're getting close."

"Buizel," Buizel agreed. Both sides look to be trying hard.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases