Banned

Privilege?
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #27
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post

Love ya Deo, but there are people out there saying that shit- just because you aren't seeing it, doesn't mean that they're not out there pissing other people off and inspiring art rage.
The internet is a giant shithole where people can be as racist/sexist/everythingist as possible. Pretty sure most actual people either don't care or would like women in video games. With heavy emphasis on the former.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:40 AM   #28
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
There are many kinds of people in this world. Not all of them are good.

If you would like proof, get a girl to go on any CoD server and watch what ensues.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #29
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post

Love ya Deo, but there are people out there saying that shit- just because you aren't seeing it, doesn't mean that they're not out there pissing other people off and inspiring art rage.
Echoing what Kuno already said, I and everyone should invalidate the opinion of anyone with under an IQ of 50 and so should the rest of society. There will always be a percentage <1% of people in the world saying anything and everything no matter how retarded it is. (3idealistic5u)

I don't care how hypocritical to this thread or ignorant that statement just sounded.

In all serious, though, fair enough point. Really though I think the better way for me to say it would be that there are always going to be two or three people who say really stupid shit, but the kind of reaction I am seeing from tumblr on the issue makes it seem as though it's a HUGE deal that a lot of people are making when in fact it's just the opposite - an overwhelming majority disagree with such sexist and misogynistic things. Unless there was a huge controversy and a disappointingly large number of people were saying such things then it's best to try and sweep their pathetic, miserable asses under the rug and pretend they don't exist.

Last edited by deoxys; 06-13-2013 at 11:25 AM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #30
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangeetsuper View Post
There are many kinds of people in this world. Not all of them are good.

If you would like proof, get a girl to go on any CoD server and watch what ensues.
Now THAT is a problem that would be worthy of backlash. In fact it's a problem that doesn't get ENOUGH backlash. The things I have heard people say on Xbox Live because a girl was in the game with them are absolutely downright disgusting and it's an issue that needs more pressing attention than one or two people saying "women shouldn't be in video games" because of the introduction of Wii Fit Trainer.

In fact, the misogyny and homophobia on Xbox Live has gotten so bad 343 Industries enacted a zero tolerance policy on Halo 4 to instantly ban anyone reported for sexism, which could sadly be easily abused, but what can you do? I've seen some horrible things in Call of Duty, that entire community is shit and honestly I'd say a majority of guys that play it online and speak in the mic are some of the most atrociously sexist people I've ever seen.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #31
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
It's okay guys, because Yahoo is going to crash and burn Tumbler in a few days/weeks/months/years anyhoo.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Debate