UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-08-2017, 04:33 PM   #1
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Surskit NEXT STEPS: SOs and Implementation of Daycare/MT/Pokebank/Pokemart/AC

Hello everyone,

We have a few points for you to discuss as we set up the groundwork for our next steps in terms of implementing some shops, bringing in our SOs and bringing back Pokedollars for limited use. We would like to get these basic shops up and running within the next few days, if possible.

FOR APPOINTING SHOP OWNERS, what will the procedure be for selecting from interested candidates? Right now, we have four candidates from the SO Interest Thread:

-PikaGod (Daycare, Pokebank)
-uhhhhh (Daycare, Pokebank, MT, Pokemart)
-Patches (Daycare, Pokebank, MT, Pokemart)
-kawaiiconcept (Daycare, Pokebank, MT, Pokemart)
-Naruxami (Daycare, Pokebank, MT, Pokemart)

-----

FOR THE SHOPS IN QUESTION: Do we agree to the following preliminary drafts of the shops yet to be replaced:

-----

The Daycare Centre:
Spoiler: show
The Daycare Centre

Do you need a small boost to get past that Gyarados? Do you want to be able to evolve that new Pokémon of yours? Is it perhaps that you just can’t seem to beat Whitney’s Miltank for some reason? Perhaps that’s because your dear Pokémon friends require a small power-up of some kind. Then look no further! Our facilities are top-notch, receiving 5 out of 5 possible Victini points every year from the government in every category with an overall satisfaction guarantee of 92%! But don’t take it from us, just ask these people:

Youngster Joey: “When I first started on my journey, my Rattata got beaten up by every kid from New Bark Town. Now though, thanks to the help of the people at the Daycare Centre, my Pokémon is the top percentage of Rattata. I still get beaten though.”

Fisherman Justin: “I used to only have 4 Magikarp that were too weak to evolve. I kept losing every battle because they only knew Splash. Thanks to the Daycare Centre, my Magikarp evolved into Gyarados. They won’t listen to me though because I don’t have enough Gym Badges.”

Rules:
1. Once a week, you may drop off Pokémon to increase their levels. Drop offs can be done on Monday 12:00 AM GMT through Friday 11:59 PM GMT.
2. Once the Shop Owner has confirmed your drop off, your Pokémon will have gained the indicated levels at the end of the week (Sunday, 11:59 PM GMT).
3. You get 2 free levels a week. You may choose either two Pokémon to give one level each, or one Pokémon to give two levels to.
4. You may drop off a Pokémon for more than one week. For each week, the Pokémon will gain the appropriate amount of levels.
5. If posting a Pokémon’s nickname, please make sure to also note the species.

The Move Tutor:
The Move Tutor
Insert funny little introduction I’m too tired to write

Rules:
1. Once a week, you may drop off Pokémon to learn a Move Tutor, XD, Colosseum, Egg or Advanced Move. (Event and Purification moves are restricted to zone Move Tutors and the Shadow Pokémon thread respectively.) Drop offs can be done on Monday 12:00 AM GMT through Friday 11:59 PM GMT.
2. Once the Shop Owner has confirmed your drop off, your Pokémon will have gained the indicated moves at the end of the week (Sunday, 11:59 PM GMT).
3. There is a fee of $150 for each move taught to a Pokémon.
4. You may drop off a Pokémon for more than one week. You must post every move that is to be taught over this period of time. Payment is to be made up front.
5. You must post a link to your Pokébank withdrawal for these services.
6. If posting a Pokémon’s nickname, please make sure to also note the species.

Advanced Moves:
The moves Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Volt Tackle and Draco Meteor may be taught here. Each move may only be taught to a specific few Pokémon and each has its own requirements.
- Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Plant may be taught to the fully evolved forms of starter Pokémon with Maximum Happiness.
- Volt Tackle may be taught to a Pikachu with Maximum Happiness.
- Draco Meteor may be taught to any (non-Mega) Dragon-type Pokémon with Maximum Happiness.

The Pokébank:
Pokébank

Rules:
1. All cash you own must be recorded in the bank.
2. You may make only one post in which to edit new transactions.
3. Once the shop has been updated with your new balance, you must make a new post for your transactions. Please do NOT edit your old post thereafter.
4. You will receive $250 per zone reply of 250+ words. Should you post less than the 250 word minimum required of a zone reply you will receive no cash at all.
5. All deposits and withdrawals must have an accompanying link to where it was earned/spent.
6. If there was a transaction you forgot to add or if you expect to be away for a period of time, contact the Shop Owner to make arrangements.

Balances:
134: 00 Pokédollars
Connor: 1,555 Pokédollars
CyberBlastoise: 3,750 Pokédollars
Dark Searchman: 5,960 Pokédollars
Emi: 3,450 Pokédollars
EpicSquirtle: 500 Pokédollars
Escalion: 2,850 Pokédollars
Ex-Admiral Insane: 5,320 Pokédollars
kawaiiconcept: 3,630 Pokédollars
Lil'twick: 630 Pokédollars
Lt. BLEU™: 1,680 Pokédollars
Marion Ette: 2,950 Pokédollars
MedMana: 3,990 Pokédollars
Meetan: 4,550 Pokédollars
Missingno. Master: 5,650 Pokédollars
Monster Guy: 4,490 Pokédollars
myahoo: 5,620 Pokédollars
Naruxami: 3,070 Pokédollars
OkikuMew: 3,545 Pokédollars
PeeGee: 4,400 Pokédollars
Raves: 5,235 Pokédollars
Samayouru: 2,960 Pokédollars
Schala: 3,960 Pokédollars
Sparkbeat: 3,110 Pokédollars
swampertforever: 2,255 Pokédollars
Tyoyo3131: 3,190 Pokédollars
uhhhhh: 1,500 Pokédollars

The Department Store:
The Department Store

Rare Candies:
Each Monday from 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM GMT you may post to pick up 1 Rare Candy for free.

General Items:
$25 – Escape Rope
$∞ – A pack of 5 Gummis Currently out of stock
$∞ – Soothe Bell Currently out of stock

Pokéballs:
$25 – Pokéball
$35 – Great Ball
$50 – Ultra Ball
$50 – Dive Ball, Dusk Ball, Heal Ball, Nest Ball, Net Ball, Quick Ball, Repeat Ball, Timer Ball
$150 – Luxury Ball

Healing Items:
$ ∞ – Potion Currently out of stock
$ ∞ – Super Potion Currently out of stock
$ ∞ – Hyper Potion Currently out of stock
$ ∞ – Max Potion Currently out of stock
$ ∞ – Full Restore Currently out of stock
$200 – Revive
$80 – Status Healers (Antidote, Parlyz Heal, Awakening, Burn Heal, Ice Heal)
$120 – Full Heal

Berries:
$100 – Basic Status-curing Berries (Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, Leppa, Oran, Persim)
$150 – Advanced Status-curing Berries (Lum, Sitrus, Figy, Wiki, Mago, Aguav, Iapapa)
$50 – Stat-altering Berries (Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, Tamato, Liechi, Ganlon, Salac, Petaya, Apicot, Lansat, Starf, Micle, Custap)
$150 – Type Effectiveness Berries (Occa, Passho, Wacan, Rindo, Yache, Chople, Kebia, Shuca, Coba, Payapa, Tanga, Charti, Kasib, Haban, Colbur, Babiri, Roseli, Chilan)
$25 – Other Berries (Razz, Bluk, Nanab, Wepear, Pinap, Cornn, Magost, Rabuta, Nomel, Spelon, Pamtre, Watmel, Durin, Belue)

Hold Items:
$100 – Power Gems – 1x use (Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, Ice, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel, Normal, Fairy)
$500 – Incense (Full, Lax, Luck, Odd, Pure, Rock, Rose, Sea, Wave)
$500 – Type Enhancers [I](Black Belt, Black Glasses, Charcoal, Dragon Fang, Hard Stone, Magnet, Miracle Seed, Mystic Water, Never-Melt Ice, Poison Barb, Sharp Beak, Silk Scarf, Silver Powder, Soft Sand, Spell Tag, Twisted Spoon, Stainless Gear)
$300 – Turn-order Items (Quick Claw, Lagging Tail)
$300 – Smoke Ball
$100 – Cleanse Tag

Mail:
$25 – 5 pieces of mail with a specific scheme (Bluesky, Eon, Flower, Liteblue, Lovely, Mirage, Morph, Music, Portrait, Surf)

-----

FOR THE ADOPTION CENTER: The idea has been proposed that, upon the opening of the AC (which is anticipated to occur once the Pokebank is reopened, at a pre-announced date and time), the restriction for adoptions should be temporarily reduced from one month to 10 days. This temporary reduction would occur until such a time as there was a manageable number of Pokemon left in the AC... say, 30 or so?

What say you to this idea?

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 05-09-2017 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Added Naru as SO candidate
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #2
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I think the Bank looks good, and would be fine to roll out as soon as an SO is selected. I have no objections to the currency link standards, personally, and I'm fine with the $250 for 250 words -- Bedlam will count, yes?

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #3
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post

I think the Bank looks good, and would be fine to roll out as soon as an SO is selected. I have no objections to the currency link standards, personally, and I'm fine with the $250 for 250 words -- Bedlam will count, yes?

Bedlam will absolutely count.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #4
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
I honestly see everything as fine. In terms of SOs all of them seem fine in running the shops. Since we have four and most don't care, how about we just go down the list and assign them the corresponding shop?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:33 PM   #5
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
I honestly see everything as fine. In terms of SOs all of them seem fine in running the shops. Since we have four and most don't care, how about we just go down the list and assign them the corresponding shop?
PikaGod @ Daycare
uhhhhh @ Pokebank
Patches @MT
kawaiiconcept @ Pokemart

?

It assigns everyone a shop they were willing to take and is pretty low effort. If the applicants are fine with it, I don't see why we don't just do that, honestly.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-08-2017, 05:40 PM   #6
Lil'twick
Insanity

Yeah my thoughts Tate.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-08-2017, 05:46 PM   #7
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

I like the look of the stores, I would be fine with them being rolled out as they are. I also have no problems with the list that Tate threw up, I'd be happy taking care of the Daycare.

I'm also in favour of the Adoption Centre idea, of an adoption once every ten days, at least until the severe overcrowding problem is sorted out.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:26 PM   #8
Patches
Shake it!

The shops look great to me, all of them are fair and straightforward. I feel that the Adoption Center idea seems pretty necessary at this point with the overwhelming number of Pokemon in there so I'm all for it. I'm also fine with the list Tate made and would be happy to run the MT.
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:13 PM   #9
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
I would say, because we don't have the Happiness mechanic sorted out quite yet, that we should keep teaching of AMs on hold until we do since it seems tied to maximum Happiness. Also, what happens to Heart Scales now that they aren't used for teaching AMs anymore? (I haven't been paying much attention to the discussion of the MT shop so I don't know if that was covered.)

Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with letting the owners have their shops and implementing them as soon as possible.
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:40 PM   #10
Sneaze
Mrow?

Pretty sure it was agreed that the Move Tutor price would be raised to $200, and that the AC scaling prices still need discussed, but otherwise all looks fine.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:35 AM   #11
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
I would say, because we don't have the Happiness mechanic sorted out quite yet, that we should keep teaching of AMs on hold until we do since it seems tied to maximum Happiness. Also, what happens to Heart Scales now that they aren't used for teaching AMs anymore? (I haven't been paying much attention to the discussion of the MT shop so I don't know if that was covered.)

Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with letting the owners have their shops and implementing them as soon as possible.
Happiness was added because it was a restriction that made more sense to me than saying Lv.25 or so. If people disagree with this we can change it. Ultimately, while it's true we have no set method of increasing happiness, I think we can allow those who achieved the current maximum happiness level to be able to be taught AM moves.

As for Heart scales. Using them here would just create another currency that needs to be kept track of, which sounds really unnecessary right now. We haven't discussed yet what we'll do with Heart Scales but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Pretty sure it was agreed that the Move Tutor price would be raised to $200, and that the AC scaling prices still need discussed, but otherwise all looks fine.
I don't recall the MT price ever being suggested to be $200. I've heard/seen $750, $100 and $150. Granted, the price has shifted multiple times in the past few weeks. I'm okay with scaling the price up to $200 if others agree, though I'll say that I do think it's steep when you compare it to the fact that people used to get the MT service practically for free (1 Rare candy or $10, while replies netted you $250). I don't want to constantly change the price as soon as someone suggests a new one. I'll add the $200 price to the MT for now but I want anyone reading this to pitch in which pricing options they prefer. By the end of the day I would like to have an agreed upon price and a few SO's - or at the very least be closer to that goal.
-$100 per move taught at the MT
-$150 per move taught at the MT
-$200 per move taught at the MT

There were some disputes about the pricing of the AC but it seemed discussion died once we suggested we'd try out one pricing scheme and see how that pans out. I've heard people arguing the prices should be increased and I've heard people saying it should be cheaper. If anyone wants to alter the price of the AC then please state what your preference is. Right now, it's:
$30 (flat rate) + $10 (per level) + $20 (per non-level move)
Most of the Pokémon we have in the shops have been reset so it would mostly be the flat rate we'd be looking at for the coming few weeks. I will say this; I'm not in favour of lowering the prices for levels and moves unless we drastically upscaled the flat rate (which iirc was based on the old!AC standard).

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:04 AM   #12
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Question about the Move Tutor. In the original proposal Lit posted, the idea of MT moves being taught to anything regardless of actual compatibility with the move was mentioned. Is this going to be a thing with MT moves (not counting Advanced Moves)? Like for instance, would I be allowed to drop off my Stunfisk to learn Heal Bell, an MT move that Stunfisk isn't compatible with in the games?

Also, the MT rules mention only Pikachu for the Volt Tackle tutor. If this will be the only means of teaching Volt Tackle in FB, should the rule be amended to mention the entire evolutionary line?
Old 05-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #13
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Question about the Move Tutor. In the original proposal Lit posted, the idea of MT moves being taught to anything regardless of actual compatibility with the move was mentioned. Is this going to be a thing with MT moves (not counting Advanced Moves)? Like for instance, would I be allowed to drop off my Stunfisk to learn Heal Bell, an MT move that Stunfisk isn't compatible with in the games?

Also, the MT rules mention only Pikachu for the Volt Tackle tutor. If this will be the only means of teaching Volt Tackle in FB, should the rule be amended to mention the entire evolutionary line?
>Pikachu's evolution line and Volt Tackle
Sure, I can get on board with that.

>Non-compatible moves
Yeah it's been said left and right by a few members but we haven't fully discussed those options yet. I'd prefer adding some sort of restriction to it personally; either by limiting the amount of non-compatible moves that can be taught to a single Pokémon, or jacking up the MT price to $500 for instance (if regular MT moves stay $200). Like I said, we haven't looked into this. For the time being we're not opening that option yet and we're just looking at a few of the basics of the MT shop. We can always add that in later after an agreement has been made.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:23 AM   #14
Lil'twick
Insanity

Being honest I'm gonna support MT moves being $100 and unnatural moves $250. It's a lot more fair to more poorer members. Also I think the AC is fine with pricing it just needs to open now. There are around 120 mons we shouldn't be delaying it any more xd.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-09-2017, 10:00 AM   #15
Snorby
Snackin'

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we have to wait on opening the AC until the Pokebank isup and running?

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:04 AM   #16
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Being honest I'm gonna support MT moves being $100 and unnatural moves $250. It's a lot more fair to more poorer members. Also I think the AC is fine with pricing it just needs to open now. There are around 120 mons we shouldn't be delaying it any more xd.
Agreed with all of this. An increased price for unnatural moves sounds like a better idea than restricting the number of them, at least in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorby View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we have to wait on opening the AC until the Pokebank isup and running?
That we do, but from the looks of things, the Bank looks ready to go at a moment's notice, at least as near as I can tell.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:32 AM   #17
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Or perhaps if we know the bank's going to be done soon.gif, then open the AC and give people a free adoption for the first cycle to motivate people to have a look and start clearing spaces? That way we're not sat on the Bank and things start moving, but it moves in a decently fair way.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #18
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post
PikaGod @ Daycare
uhhhhh @ Pokebank
Patches @MT
kawaiiconcept @ Pokemart

?

It assigns everyone a shop they were willing to take and is pretty low effort. If the applicants are fine with it, I don't see why we don't just do that, honestly.
Sure, I can take up the bank!

As for the pricing, I think $150/move sounds alright, based on the $250 profit gained per reply. I want to make them slightly more expensive myself but not overly so and this is considering the possible average number of mons in a member's team.

Last edited by uhhhhh; 05-09-2017 at 11:04 AM.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:55 AM   #19
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Following on from what uhhhhhh said, $150 for a normal move is fine, as that leaves $100 left for other things from a reply, while $400 seems a reasonable price for unnatural moves (I'm assuming this is teaching a Charizard Surf or something unnatural) since an expert would be required to teach mons special moves, and they charge more.

The other shop things I'm fine with.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #20
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

1I don't want to be pushy, but I really think the bank is good to go, and Rue is willing to take it. PokéDollars weren't, I think, broke to begin with, and at worst we might need to do some minor tweaks down the road. I'd like to see the A.C. open by maybe Friday, if I'm being straight forward.

I'd either like to push out the bank in the next day or two, or let the first round of adoptions be free. The list is getting out of hand and it's only going to grow.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-10-2017, 04:35 PM   #21
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Right, so, here is the situation as of today:

- Pokebank seems set. Rue is willing to take it, and it sounds like the community supports his appointment. Done and done.

- It is clear that people want the AC opened sooner rather than later. Given this fact, I suggest that, while we are operating on the 10-day restriction, we consider these prices trial run prices. When the AC is shifted back to the month restriction, we can re-evaluate how the community feels about current costs, whether or not they seem fair, etc. We won't know until we try. I will discuss an opening date with Tate.

- Daycare seems set, and since this is one of the two shops PG showed interest in, his appointment here seems logical. We will be discussing the payment for additional levels at a later date.

- Pokemart seems to be decided on, more or less, in its current state - we will probably add more merch as we go and as more is decided on, but this should be a good beta for now. We can work with Kawaii to get that started.

- MT seems to be the only one now that is controversial, and we should probably keep it on hold for now, but really push the conversation on that to finish. Either we need consensus on the price, or we need the go-ahead to run with a trial price and see if it works. Whichever the community prefers. Patches can open up once we're more solid on this.

- As for Naru and Whimsy, we definitely will need their help! I propose that they receive appointments in the next round of shops that need SOs.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #22
Lil'twick
Insanity

I'd say we do a trial run with the 100/250. If it proves abusable, we can go up. Cheaper is better with triald.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-11-2017, 10:57 AM   #23
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quick post from my phone: should seasonal event replies count for Pokedollar rewards? Y/N
Old 05-11-2017, 11:38 AM   #24
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
I'd say yes personally, that's still writing effort being done by the updatees. xd
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:51 AM   #25
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

y

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development